For over 65 years, Wells Fargo Auto Finance Services has been helping customers finance or refinance their vehicles. With loan options for purchasing new and used cars, as well as a plethora of refinance options, Wells Fargo offers a loan option for almost any borrower. In addition, Wells Fargo is one of the few companies we reviewed that provides loans and refinancing for specialty vehicles like motorcycles, boats, and RVs. They also offer extended term lengths up to 72 months.

#1 America First chevron_right
#2 Mountain America chevron_right
#3 USAA chevron_right

The Good

• Co-signer options
  • Online application
  • Speciality vehicle financing

Co-signer Options

Wells Fargo allows all car loan applicants the option of having a co-applicant if desired. In many cases, a co-signer is beneficial in achieving a better loan rate, and is also a helpful option for individuals hoping to build or establish credit. Wells Fargo offers the option to complete an application online, which is extremely convenient for customers who do not have the time to come in person. Borrowers can also apply at a local Wells Fargo location if they prefer to go through the process in person with a Wells Fargo representative.

Speciality Vehicles

Wells Fargo offers specialty vehicle financing, which covers motorcycles, power sport vehicles, recreational vehicles, boats, yachts, and even aircrafts. This is very uncommon in the industry, and great for customers who are looking to purchase speciality vehicles. There are no fees to apply for these loans, and once approved, customers will usually be financed within one to two business days.

The Bad

• APR may be higher
  • Must read the fine print
  • Lack of transparency

APR

The interest rate examples displayed on the Wells Fargo website won't apply to many applicants. The fine print listed with the APRs shown on the site state that the rates are based on the assumption that an applicant has excellent credit, is applying for a loan larger than $22,000, and has a loan-to-value ratio of less than 115 percent. Based on the website's information, these rates will only apply to a small percentage of applicants, so it's likely that the average borrower will have a higher APR. Well's Fargo beginning rates are higher than most in the industry at 3.13 percent. Other companies in the auto loan industry have a starting APR of 1.75 percent.

Lack of Transparency

Well's Fargo is also lacking a great deal of information that should be on their website. This lack of information can make it difficult for potential customers to compare services and find the company that best fits their needs. It also makes it difficult for our team to rank their services with other companies in the industry. We would like to see more information regarding application fees, loan amount, mileage limits, early-pay penalty fees, and bad credit loan options.

The Bottom Line

Wells Fargo is one of the few lenders we reviewed who offers loans for specialty vehicles. The APR could be slightly higher than advertised for most borrowers, and is higher than other companies in the industry. However, Wells Fargo offers a range of terms and the ability to have a co-applicant, which may give borrowers more loan options to choose from. Because of the higher APRs and the lack of information, we cannot recommend working with Well's Fargo for your auto loan needs at this time.

3.7

dmfd123

August 1st, 2020 Arlington, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The titling department is incredibly bad. After I paid off the car, I called with an address to send the title. They disregarded my request and sent it across the country to an old address, I called them back several times and they gave me a different story EVERY TIME. Whoever manages the title department is an incompetent buffoon. The employees don't know anything about their jobs. They are obviously not trained at all.

Patricia Miller

March 17th, 2020 Preston, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When we decided to buy a fishing lodge in Alaska we had only one bank to use-Wells Fargo. We were really concerned but after meeting with the bank branch in Petersburg, Alaska we felt much better. This branch has been wonderful to work with and has always helped us with our questions or problems.

Myken

March 8th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Getting a car loan with Wells Fargo was easy. They offered us a great rate, quick approval and excellent service. We felt like valuable customers.

Annie Chow

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great offerings for car loans. They helped me get my first car for a great price.

Eddie Rios

February 10th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wells Fargo was awesome to use when we financed an SUV. They had the best rates and lowest fees. I was surprised that a big bank could offer great customer service, but they did. They have tons of locations to making the management of my SUV loan easy to handle.

James Conder

February 7th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a couple loans with Wells Fargo and will never go back if it's up to me. They were unwilling to work with anyone on anything and would start calling multiple times a day after your payment was 1 day late. They would do NOTHING to work and help resolve the situation, they would just press and press and guilt until either payment wasn't made and late fees hit or you paid up.

Christy Suguturaga

February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don’t know if I had a good experience because I had great credit or because Wells Fargo was just easy to work with but the whole process was seamless and quick. I am still amazed.

Bunney Schmidt

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have a car loan with Wells Fargo and they are great at communication. I receive statements electronically and confirmation of any payment made.

Magaly De Avila

January 7th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got a car loan just recently and they were very quick to approve and check to make sure that I would be able to work with them. Wells fargo is great!

Darius Williams

December 13th, 2018 Alexandria, VA

great customer service that tried to help me get a car loan just had high interest rates

Fernando Delgado

December 5th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how easy it is to access my information on Wells Fargo for my car loan. It's very descriptive and understandable. We had our car loan for over 48 months and we are 1 month away from paying off our car. Never have we had a problem with wells Fargo since we got our loan with the best interest rate compare to other loans.

Fernando Delgado

December 4th, 2018 Laveen, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dylan Curtis

October 30th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They lent us the money to buy our Nissan Maxima, a car which we loved and drove for many years. We were glad to be approved by them, because our credit wasn't the best at the time.

Michael

October 28th, 2018 Calabasas, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had our current car loan with Wells Fargo dealer services now for 10 months. Easy online set up for paperless statements and ease of account management. Online bill pay has been a snap and there is no penalty for prepayment of principal. I pay a little extra each month and pay in no-weekly installments with no problems. I just keep watching the balance decline. They were even nice enough to beat my credit union offer on interest rates

mgillings

September 17th, 2018

Easy application process, great online services!

Shanna

August 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is easy work with and super supportive if you are going through a hard time. Stern but compassionate

Lesa Burgess

August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I got a car loan from Wells Fargo on my Hyundai Elantra not too long ago. My credit score was above a 620, so I got a relatively decent APR of around 4.5%. I didn't qualify for those lowest rate, which was around 3.9%, but I was satisfied with my 4.5%. It was easy to apply for this loan by giving my personal info, income information & other miscellaneous stuff with my other vehicles. Pretty painless process. My only complaint was I felt the Origination fee was a bit high, but other than that very satisfied.

Derek Scoville

August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Very easy to apply for a loan. Process is quick, simple and comfortable. Was able to find better interest rates elsewhere, but other than that, the process was great.

William

August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

I have had a car loan with Wells Fargo in the past and didn't have a great experience. Their customer service is bad.

Mali

August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

Loan specialist was awesome, she was quick and fast to get us approved. Paperwork were already printed and ready to sign when we arrived. I wasn't too happy about the interest rate but that was the best she could do at the time. But overall the experience was great!

Jr

August 25th, 2018 Orem, UT

Our interest rate we were locked in was too high. We tried to negotiate and it wasn't in our favor which made our payments high. we decided to go with another bank who was offering a lower interest rate and better customer service.

Dave Brinton

August 24th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I didn't feel like they were very interested in keeping me as a customer. Delays in hearing back. Account representative was in another state.

NT

August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

very impressive customer service. quick service and approval, in and out with signing papers less than an hour. i was offered a low interest rate from another bank and immediately switched to Wells Fargo for my auto loan. Monthly payments were easy to make as they mailed me monthly booklets to include with my payments.

Kristin G

August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

One of our car loans is through Wells Fargo and they have been great to work with! My daughter bought her first car and her rate was low and the process took less than an hour!

Haidyn Houtz

August 20th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I do not recommend Wells Fargo. They were not very helpful and then listen to what I need personally!

Haley Houtz

August 19th, 2018 Herriman, UT

Wells Fargo is a great company! They are professional, trustworthy, and their customer service is excellent.

Bella Houtz

August 18th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wells Fargo car loans have not given us a great experience and I would recommend that you go somewhere else.

jordan cummins

August 1st, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Tried to charge me a 14% interest rate on a car for $20k. I found another bank that gave me a %3 rate.

king

July 7th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ

they gave me a great rate for my vehicle. my regular bank gave me way higher not sure how that worked out. no brainer for me who to go with

Troy Siren

June 28th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Got a great rate on a car loan. Easy process with no surprises.

Hunter Kasprzyk

June 21st, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

ive actually had a lot of problems with wells fargo because they don't do what they say they are gonna. I wanted to set up my checking account so that If i ran out of money it wouldnt go into my savings and they said it would do as i wanted but it ended up taking money out of my savings when i ran out in my checking. Not trustworthy.

A. Alice

June 18th, 2018 Savannah, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are honest, fair, and are a well established company.

Warrec

June 13th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best rates for auto loans and fast approval.

Robert McDonald

June 13th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Many issues with crediting my payments promptly.

Holly Clark

June 13th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would rate them 5 out of 5 because they did everything they were able to do for us. Answered every question and every concern.

Mark manners

June 13th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are easy to get credit from but their customer seevice is terrible and they are hard to contact

Tom

June 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Wells Fargo for three of my car loans in the past and I like the ease of the loan process, I like their rates and the value you get for your money, and I like that they are a large bank and very convenient.

Joanna Hester

June 4th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have two cars loans through WF. Great customer support and have never had any issues with my loans.

Kristin

May 26th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wells gave me a very comparable rate for my daughters first carload. The customer service was top-notch.

H Moore

May 26th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wells Fargo is our main bank, and we've always enjoyed working with them.

Ashley

May 25th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wells Fargo did a great job in helping me find a good rate for my car loan.

JAQUELIN R KETOLA

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always responded to questions quickly and love their online app

Tom Farekian

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They care very little to non when it comes to there customers, unless why what you to join them.

Thomas

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

GREAT LOW INTEREST RATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynda Daluz

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

awful customer service and rates that are above normal

Rickf

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I get a late reminder notice every month even though the bill isnt late.

Sylvia Horner

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have never had any problems since I have been paying them for the loan on my car. I have had other companies contact me about re-financing my loan for a lower price and I may do that down the road.

Merita Bell

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because they made an error on my final payment

Allison Minnick

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

they are fair and pretty easy to deal with just some branches are shady

Darrell Morgan

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They offer a fair loan rates and fees are excessive