Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Ford Credit

Ford Credit Logo

7.1

Ford Credit

Ford Credit offers loan and lease options to consumers who purchase from dealerships that sell Ford Motor Company products

Ford Motor Credit Company LLC (Ford Credit) has been in business with its parent company, Ford Motors, since 1959. Ford Credit is concentrated on offering different loan and lease options to consumers who purchase from dealerships that sell Ford Motor Company products. Ford Credit also is responsible for the lines of credit offered to Lincoln Automotive Financial Services for Lincoln vehicles. Ford Credit's website is focused on educating consumers on the available financing options, suggesting available credit options, and referring consumers to their local Ford dealership.

America First Logo America First ›

8.1

Overall
Score

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo ›

7.9

Overall
Score

USAA Logo USAA ›

7.6

Overall
Score

Ford Credit Logo Ford Credit ›

7.1

Overall
Score

The Good

• Great financial tools
  • Mobile account management
  • Additional options

Financial Tools

Ford Credit supplies basic online information to help you calculate the best loan option for your new Ford vehicle. They offer financial tools such as budget calculators, payment estimations, and credit tests. Ford Credit also offers articles that give you an overview of your financial needs so you can be informed when you visit a dealership.

Advantages

• Online financing education available
  • Credit "test run" available to estimate ability to qualify before applying
  • Face-to-face advice from a dealership representative
  • Mobile account management
  • Online instant messaging customer service
  • Excellent customer service ratings
  • Extended service plans available

Additional Options

Not only does Ford offer these great options, but you can add different options into your loan at the dealership. This means you can include aftermarket accessories, extended service plans, rustproofing, or sealant packages into the total amount financed. Additionally, Ford Credit offers an online pre-approval email so your trip to the dealership can be as quick as possible.

The Bad

• Can only use the loan at a Ford dealership
  • Must visit dealership to get full information
  • No money management software

Loan Restrictions

First thing to keep in mind, if you are looking to qualify for a loan from Ford Credit you must purchase a vehicle from a certified Ford dealership. Additionally, Ford Credits website has a lot of information to prepare you for taking out a loan. However, no concrete loan information will be disclosed until you visit a Ford dealership.

Disadvantages

• No online loan application
  • Acquisition Fee (dealership fee) is included in the vehicle purchase cost
  • No advertised promotional deals to help save a little extra money
  • Minimal payment information disclosed until you meet with a salesperson
  • No money management software

Lacks Money Management Software

Although Ford Credit offers a reliable credit option through Ford Motors, it lacks the money management software and other associated financial perks that a bank or credit union would supply. Your APR will depend on your experience at your local Ford dealership. Often times the sales environment of a dealership causes people to agree to loan options that might not be the best for them.

Lack of Transparency

Ford Credit is missing a great deal of information on their website. It is difficult for potential customers to make a decision based on the lack of information given on the website. It is also difficult for our team to rank their services in the industry. We would like to see more information regarding possible APRs, loan terms, loan amounts, application fees, and etc.

The Bottom Line

Ford Credit has some great advantages such as their financial tools, and great customer service. However, their total lack of transparency, and loan restrictions causes us some concern. We would like to see Ford Credit be more up-front about their APR, loan terms, loan amounts, and application fees. For these reasons, we do not recommend using Ford Credit at this time.

3.4

Kathie Bowman
November 16th, 2018 Lakeside, CA DETAILS

I have my car loan through ford credit and it has been a breeze. They give you the ability to access everything online and can even pay your bill online.

owen ball
November 13th, 2018 DETAILS

I requested details of an historical credit agreement and they sent me another customers details and copies of their correspondence to her so much for their data protection when I rang their just asked me to send the papers back to them. they then wrote to me stating any complaints regarding credit agreements are the responsibility of the dealers not ford credit.

Randal hyde
November 6th, 2018 Springfield, MO DETAILS

I got a car loan from Ford Credit. I think that the interest rate isn't that competitive, but it was easy to apply and easy for me to get approved. Customer service was easy to work with.

Shelby Becker
October 22nd, 2018 Elgin, IL DETAILS

I paid off my truck ONE MONTH ago and was promised the title "in 7 to 10 days" and still haven't seen it. I want to sell my truck as my husband is sick and we need the money, but it's hard to do when you cannot get the title YOU ARE ENTITLED TO. Ford, I hate you for this stress and panic you are putting me through. If I had the money I would sue.

Melissa Gillings
September 17th, 2018

Easy to apply and I really loved the no interest!

Shari Evers
September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT

I love my Ford Flex and the Ford company in general. So getting a loan through Ford was pretty simple. Easy to work with and great rates!

Celia
September 13th, 2018 Waipahu, HI

They financed our second vehicle and we weren't too happy with the interest rate. Have good credit it will be better but we were just starting off and didnt have too much credit in our name. They did help us to establish credit and was able to pick up a van with better interest.

Christina Lembo Lembo
September 12th, 2018 Newtown Square, PA DETAILS

This company has no sympathy for people that fall into hardships and need to end up voluntary surrendering your lease to them. They continue to sue you for the balance and do not care why you could no longer afford the car payments.

Shanna
August 31st, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

We use Ford Credit for our company fleet. They are awesome. Ford Credit has competitive rates and great customer service.

Kim Miller
August 29th, 2018 Lindon, UT

Great to work with and easy to approve. Just high rates compared to a credit union.

Kris
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We helped our son buy his first car this summer and we financed it through Ford credit. They gave us an excellent rate. The representative we spoke with was very helpful during the entire process.

Gia Wehus
July 13th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I leased my last vehicle, a 2016 Ford Fusion from them about 3 years ago. I fell on extremely hard times and was unable to pay out the lease. I was desperate to save my credit and to keep my good standing with the company, so I asked FMC if someone could apply to take over my lease, they said yes. I had 6 people apply for this lease and all turned down. Half of them had exceptional credit. I later found out from someone who works for them that they never approve someone taking over a lease. After exhausting every resource, borrowing money and pleading with FMC, I had to return it. I called and spoke with a customer service rep that informed me that I had to return the vehicle to the dealer I purchased it from. I had to borrow money from my parents to get gas money to make the 11 hour drive to Utah from Arizona and purchase a plane ticket back. Only to find out that this was a lie and I could of taken the vehicle to any dealer. I dropped this vehicle off at the dealer the first week of January, 2017. Both myself and the dealer notified FMC that this had happened. FMC continued to call me in March asking where my vehicle was.I personally know the person at the dealer and we both had notified them on multiple occasions that the vehicle was there. Once they figured it out they called two different auction houses to pick up the vehicle, but only noted one. So when the company they had noted came to pick up the vehicle, it was gone. They filed a report with the Layton City Police Dept for a stolen vehicle. They also lead the police to believe that I had stolen my vehicle back. The police had called me on multiple occasions asking for the vehicle back and asking me just to admit I took it. I have filed to get a copy of this for you, but it may take a bit of time. Months go by and FMC gets word that my vehicle had sold at auction, from a different auction house then previously noted. My car sat for nearly 6 months before auctioned. As I am sure you know, 6 months for a car to sit and depreciate in value is huge, especially in a newer vehicle. I owed just under 10k on my lease, I find it interesting that after my car was auctioned, my remaining balance is still just under 10k. I have been working with a credit repair company to help me fix my credit after losing everything just a year ago, things were looking up, then FMC handed over my debt to a Law firm and they are treating it as a new debt and dinging my credit every month. I cannot be approved for a rental because of this. I am living in a small guest house with a 7 year old, two large dogs and a parrot. Now that I am working again I would like to move into a home more equipped for my family, but because of this I cannot. I am aware of my responsibility of signing a lease with FMC, but feel I have been cheated and bullied and I am in desperate need of your help. I have owned a ford since I was 16 years old, the local Ford Dealer was like family and they always took care of us, because of this, at almost 40 years old I continued to purchase my vehicles from this local dealership even after moving out of state. Because this dealer is honest and filled with such great people I will continue to buy and support them, but I am completed appalled by Ford Motor Credit and how I was treated.

Kenneth (T.C.) Gould
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Ford has the best trucks ever and would believe they would continue that service with there loans. If I do not get the loan from my bank I will be going to ford to get my new loan and truck.

Tim Fullmer

They gave me an interest free loan on my $38,000 flex

kenn brinck
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

No issues in paying off the loan, it was simple and straight forward.

Michael Miller
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

The company representative who arranged my loan misled me on the terms of the loan.

myron s krouse
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

they answer questions quickly and respond within a day or two

June 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I used Ford Credit for a 2009 Ford Focus that I bought. It was an easy process and they were very good to me on the rate and I was able to make all of my payments on time and it was a very worthwhile experience.

Wes Lunney
June 7th, 2018 DETAILS

One star, only because I could not give zero Stars. Avoid. six months after closing one account and opening a new one, they have "reviewed" the old account and determined that there are monies outstanding. Utter rubbish. Paperwork does not state this but it all boils down to a conversation with the agent of Ford Credit aka the dealer. Would recommend that you avoid ford credit and their dealers. A shame as the cars are good.

R. Wagner Wagner
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Low rates. Customer service is wonderful.

Gary Whitney
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

i had some issues wirh the equifax leak and cancer losing money and Ford would not work with us

Stanley And
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Have had different car loans using FordCredit and never any problem working with them.

Tim Roark

0 % financing and good app for iphone. Features continue to improve

Joseph Villagomez

Easy friendly willing to help out . Fast

BeverleyLowe
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Ease of service and quality of product, service, customer service interaction.

patricia kutner
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

my first lease and I did not understand the value for my money great car, poor salesperson

Geovanny Rodriguez
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They are ok a bit high on interest payments

Matt
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Pretty good gave good value just some employees were as knowledgeable. Once you found the right person it was great. Just tskes time and notes were rarely updated.

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service. Have spoken to CS multiple times over a returned check fre and have yet to get an answer

Joel Blackwell
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Love the zero percent interest rates they sometimes offer.

Neil Andrews
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I get treated as a customer with care and understanding

Robert D Bush
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

good service and convenient care with friendly customer care.

Ron
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Allways there to assist you and very low intrest rates.

George Wilson
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Easy loan approvel. No problems with their service. Low reates.

Jacqueline Nave
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service is not greatDifficult to talk with anyone in person. Usually just get a telephone may need.

james pettinelli
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

The car loan was set up at the dealer, the paperwork was not over welming, we knew our st

May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

They have a great website and are easy to deal with

Edward Davis
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I have used them in past. Fair rates, good service.

Troy Hinton
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

They do exactly as they say they will. their statements are accutate and timely.

Mo
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent customer service. Works with you when you have hard times.