Ford Credit

Ford Credit Logo

7.1

a month ago

Ford Credit

Ford Credit offers loan and lease options to consumers who purchase from dealerships that sell Ford Motor Company products

Ford Motor Credit Company LLC (Ford Credit) has been in business with its parent company, Ford Motors, since 1959. Ford Credit is concentrated on offering different loan and lease options to consumers who purchase from dealerships that sell Ford Motor Company products. Ford Credit also is responsible for the lines of credit offered to Lincoln Automotive Financial Services for Lincoln vehicles. Ford Credit's website is focused on educating consumers on the available financing options, suggesting available credit options, and referring consumers to their local Ford dealership.

The Good

• Great financial tools
  • Mobile account management
  • Additional options

Financial Tools

Ford Credit supplies basic online information to help you calculate the best loan option for your new Ford vehicle. They offer financial tools such as budget calculators, payment estimations, and credit tests. Ford Credit also offers articles that give you an overview of your financial needs so you can be informed when you visit a dealership.

Advantages

• Online financing education available
  • Credit "test run" available to estimate ability to qualify before applying
  • Face-to-face advice from a dealership representative
  • Mobile account management
  • Online instant messaging customer service
  • Excellent customer service ratings
  • Extended service plans available

Additional Options

Not only does Ford offer these great options, but you can add different options into your loan at the dealership. This means you can include aftermarket accessories, extended service plans, rustproofing, or sealant packages into the total amount financed. Additionally, Ford Credit offers an online pre-approval email so your trip to the dealership can be as quick as possible.

The Bad

• Can only use the loan at a Ford dealership
  • Must visit dealership to get full information
  • No money management software

Loan Restrictions

First thing to keep in mind, if you are looking to qualify for a loan from Ford Credit you must purchase a vehicle from a certified Ford dealership. Additionally, Ford Credits website has a lot of information to prepare you for taking out a loan. However, no concrete loan information will be disclosed until you visit a Ford dealership.

Disadvantages

• No online loan application
  • Acquisition Fee (dealership fee) is included in the vehicle purchase cost
  • No advertised promotional deals to help save a little extra money
  • Minimal payment information disclosed until you meet with a salesperson
  • No money management software

Lacks Money Management Software

Although Ford Credit offers a reliable credit option through Ford Motors, it lacks the money management software and other associated financial perks that a bank or credit union would supply. Your APR will depend on your experience at your local Ford dealership. Often times the sales environment of a dealership causes people to agree to loan options that might not be the best for them.

Lack of Transparency

Ford Credit is missing a great deal of information on their website. It is difficult for potential customers to make a decision based on the lack of information given on the website. It is also difficult for our team to rank their services in the industry. We would like to see more information regarding possible APRs, loan terms, loan amounts, application fees, and etc.

The Bottom Line

Ford Credit has some great advantages such as their financial tools, and great customer service. However, their total lack of transparency, and loan restrictions causes us some concern. We would like to see Ford Credit be more up-front about their APR, loan terms, loan amounts, and application fees. For these reasons, we do not recommend using Ford Credit at this time.

3.4

Gia Wehus
July 13th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I leased my last vehicle, a 2016 Ford Fusion from them about 3 years ago. I fell on extremely hard times and was unable to pay out the lease. I was desperate to save my credit and to keep my good standing with the company, so I asked FMC if someone could apply to take over my lease, they said yes. I had 6 people apply for this lease and all turned down. Half of them had exceptional credit. I later found out from someone who works for them that they never approve someone taking over a lease. After exhausting every resource, borrowing money and pleading with FMC, I had to return it. I called and spoke with a customer service rep that informed me that I had to return the vehicle to the dealer I purchased it from. I had to borrow money from my parents to get gas money to make the 11 hour drive to Utah from Arizona and purchase a plane ticket back. Only to find out that this was a lie and I could of taken the vehicle to any dealer. I dropped this vehicle off at the dealer the first week of January, 2017. Both myself and the dealer notified FMC that this had happened. FMC continued to call me in March asking where my vehicle was.I personally know the person at the dealer and we both had notified them on multiple occasions that the vehicle was there. Once they figured it out they called two different auction houses to pick up the vehicle, but only noted one. So when the company they had noted came to pick up the vehicle, it was gone. They filed a report with the Layton City Police Dept for a stolen vehicle. They also lead the police to believe that I had stolen my vehicle back. The police had called me on multiple occasions asking for the vehicle back and asking me just to admit I took it. I have filed to get a copy of this for you, but it may take a bit of time. Months go by and FMC gets word that my vehicle had sold at auction, from a different auction house then previously noted. My car sat for nearly 6 months before auctioned. As I am sure you know, 6 months for a car to sit and depreciate in value is huge, especially in a newer vehicle. I owed just under 10k on my lease, I find it interesting that after my car was auctioned, my remaining balance is still just under 10k. I have been working with a credit repair company to help me fix my credit after losing everything just a year ago, things were looking up, then FMC handed over my debt to a Law firm and they are treating it as a new debt and dinging my credit every month. I cannot be approved for a rental because of this. I am living in a small guest house with a 7 year old, two large dogs and a parrot. Now that I am working again I would like to move into a home more equipped for my family, but because of this I cannot. I am aware of my responsibility of signing a lease with FMC, but feel I have been cheated and bullied and I am in desperate need of your help. I have owned a ford since I was 16 years old, the local Ford Dealer was like family and they always took care of us, because of this, at almost 40 years old I continued to purchase my vehicles from this local dealership even after moving out of state. Because this dealer is honest and filled with such great people I will continue to buy and support them, but I am completed appalled by Ford Motor Credit and how I was treated.

Kenneth (T.C.) Gould
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Ford has the best trucks ever and would believe they would continue that service with there loans. If I do not get the loan from my bank I will be going to ford to get my new loan and truck.

Tim Fullmer

They gave me an interest free loan on my $38,000 flex

kenn brinck
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

No issues in paying off the loan, it was simple and straight forward.

Michael Miller
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

The company representative who arranged my loan misled me on the terms of the loan.

myron s krouse
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

they answer questions quickly and respond within a day or two

June 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I used Ford Credit for a 2009 Ford Focus that I bought. It was an easy process and they were very good to me on the rate and I was able to make all of my payments on time and it was a very worthwhile experience.

Wes Lunney
June 7th, 2018 DETAILS

One star, only because I could not give zero Stars. Avoid. six months after closing one account and opening a new one, they have "reviewed" the old account and determined that there are monies outstanding. Utter rubbish. Paperwork does not state this but it all boils down to a conversation with the agent of Ford Credit aka the dealer. Would recommend that you avoid ford credit and their dealers. A shame as the cars are good.

R. Wagner Wagner
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Low rates. Customer service is wonderful.

Gary Whitney
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

i had some issues wirh the equifax leak and cancer losing money and Ford would not work with us

Stanley And
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Have had different car loans using FordCredit and never any problem working with them.

Tim Roark

0 % financing and good app for iphone. Features continue to improve

Joseph Villagomez

Easy friendly willing to help out . Fast

BeverleyLowe
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Ease of service and quality of product, service, customer service interaction.

patricia kutner
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

my first lease and I did not understand the value for my money great car, poor salesperson

Geovanny Rodriguez
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They are ok a bit high on interest payments

Matt
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Pretty good gave good value just some employees were as knowledgeable. Once you found the right person it was great. Just tskes time and notes were rarely updated.

May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service. Have spoken to CS multiple times over a returned check fre and have yet to get an answer

Joel Blackwell
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Love the zero percent interest rates they sometimes offer.

Neil Andrews
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I get treated as a customer with care and understanding

Robert D Bush
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

good service and convenient care with friendly customer care.

Ron
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Allways there to assist you and very low intrest rates.

George Wilson
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Easy loan approvel. No problems with their service. Low reates.

Jacqueline Nave
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service is not greatDifficult to talk with anyone in person. Usually just get a telephone may need.

james pettinelli
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

The car loan was set up at the dealer, the paperwork was not over welming, we knew our st

May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

They have a great website and are easy to deal with

Edward Davis
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I have used them in past. Fair rates, good service.

Troy Hinton
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

They do exactly as they say they will. their statements are accutate and timely.

Mo
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent customer service. Works with you when you have hard times.

Yanni Z Zack

Very Friendly Staff and Easy to deal with

Teresa Nolan
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Never an issue with the financing but I will never buy another Ford due to issus with their service departments.

Keith
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

They offered a good interest rate and terms for the product I purchased.

Friend
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

They are a very good loan servicer and easy to work with

Guy Mouras
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Good rate, easy approval, and nice web interface..

Sherly Trinidad
March 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I sent my insurance check to Ford Credit to obtain a signature since we are still paying the car and is on a Lin back in August 2017 and just yesterday I got a called back from Angela phone number 8003201459 ext#51225 staying she couldn't reach the body shop to confirm the car was repair. (I paid the mechanic "body shop" since I have small kids and need transportation and need my car as fast I could, from my pocket in cash and got it fix in tree days when I had the car accident hit and run to be more specific the guy who hit me ran away and the cops tow the car and I have the original police report) Well I spoke with Angela in 3 occasions and she was the most rude and disrespectful person that can work in customer service or financial service as per today they received our monthy payments on time NEVER LATE she had no reasons to hold my insurance check for 5months at the Ford Credit and mailed it back to us a day prior expiration. She had very bad intentions. With the check we mailed staple the invoices for repairs, the guys asked for a 600 deposit in cash and the rest later when the car was ready for which is fair knowing it was a fast service. Well Angela called me names and even had the nuts of scream at me in a three way call with the insurance once I decided to call to cancel the check since I had no responses from her in the 5months they keep the check at Ford for a signature since my husband was in the lin he sign it and mailed to them so she could easily steal our insurance check and walk away with the money we had already pay for the repairs. I asked Angela if she could give me solutions in what to do and all she continue saying was I don't want to regret my actions later... What??? Are you in the wrong position lady. So Insurance cover for total coverage we WEEE have in our cars yeah, so after the car accident INSURANCE NOT FORD issued us the check and the only thing requiered was for Ford to sign the check sent an inspector Or I could have drive it to Ford to verified the car was repair but NOT she was absolutely USELESS. This is something you ARE NOW GOING TO REGRET you said that to me on the phone in a three way call that was being recorded by my insurance when I called to cancel the check that 180days was in your possession. You are absolutly a liabiliy for FORD We my husband and I are going to stop bussiness with Ford. BE VERY CAREFUL AND THINK IT TWICE BEFORE YOU DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. When I called Ford dealer to asked for some advice the financial guy was very clear. "WE ARE HERE ONLY TO SELL YOU A CAR, AFTER THE CAR LEAVE THE DEALER YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN EVEN DURING GARANTY TIME" CAR ACCIDENTS ISN'T OUR PROBLEM CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE ONCE CUSTOMER SERVICE OH YOU GOTTA CALL FORD CREDIT AND HERE WE ARE 180DAYS AFTER AN INSURANCE CHECK HASN'T BEING ABLE TO BE CASH BECAUSE SOMEONE LOST MY INVOICE AND HAD THE NUTS TO INSULTED ME OVER THE PHONE TODAY. And just for your information Car insurances companies recorder conversations for legal purpose. She well knew she made a mistake and tried to blame me for it, SHAME ON YOU Ford Credit!!!

Dennis Persells
March 28th, 2018 Hayward, WI DETAILS

I wish that I would have read the reviews for Ford Credit before I setup a loan with them. There’s a reason why 87% of the people that rated them gave them a 1% satisfaction rate. We took a loan out with them in April of 2017. We sat up an auto pay through our checking account. On February 27, 2018, we decided to payoff the loan. They deducted the final payment immediately, and then on March 1st they withdrew the regular payment. When I contacted them explaining that they had taken the extra payment, they told me that it would take two business days to return the extra payment. On March 9th, I received the title for the vehicle in the mail. When I called Ford Credit to inquire why the extra payment had not been returned, they said that they needed to make sure that they received the final payment. I told them that the vehicle must be paid in full because I received the title in the mail today. It’s amazing that if I would have been late with a payment, they would charge a fee for late payments, but it’s ok if they take nearly two weeks to return a customer’s money.

Adam
December 6th, 2017 Denver, CO DETAILS

If I could do 0 stars I would they suck to deal with, will never buy a Ford again, oh and F-150’s depreatiate more than any vehicle I have ever owned! Don’t ever finance through Ford Credit, they are a bunch of bitches over there.

Paola Martinez
June 23rd, 2017

Not a military friendly company. I called Ford Motor Credit because I needed an authorization from the lien holder in order to ship my vehicle back to the U.S. I have done this process about 3 times with USAA and I instantly got the letter. It has taken Ford more than a week and I still dont have the authorization. It took them 3 business day to upload an application to my account. I uploaded their requested documents right away. 2 days later, I had to call to ask about the status only to find out that they needed somethig else and had not informed me. This company needs a lot more experience when working with military. Requesting references and the new address from the place you are moving to is difficult since you won't really know your address until you get there. Also, no one really knows you. They are an extra headache when you are trying to conduct a move for military reasons.

pissed customer
April 17th, 2017

FORD CREDIT IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE! LIKE MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID, THE REPS ARE COLD HEARTED, RUDE, AND VERY INCONSIDERATE! A PAYMENT I MADE GOT LOST IN THE MAIL AND THEY DIDN'T CARE. THEY LOST A CUSTOMER FOREVER FOR A MEASLY $29.09 LATE FEE. I WILL NEVER LEASE OR PURCHASE A FORD CAR/TRUCK AGAIN AND NEITHER WILL ANY OF MY CHILDREN. DON'T WORRY FORD, I WILL MAKE SURE THAT I NEVER HAVE A LATE FEE AGAIN, I WILL JUST BUY/LEASE A BUICK INSTEAD....HAHAHA!!!

Wilfredo
June 13th, 2016 Woodbridge, VA

Ford Motor Credit is attempting to charge me a $100 fee for a "speeding ticket" on my vehicle. Ford notified me of the ticket and I proceeded to immediately contest the ticket. About 30 days afterwards, I find the fee of $100 on my account. I called Ford and notified them that it was my intention to contest the ticket and that by them having paid it, they are precluding me from being able to continue with the contestment. After waiting for over 8 days for a supervisor to contact me, I just spoke to Miguel Samianiego who was very disrespectful, called me a liar, and told me that he will not remove the fee. I told Mr. Samianiego that I will use this to end my lease and proceed to file in small claims court and that I would be mentioning him by name and he stated "Go ahead and do it, I'm writing it down." I have never been so disrespected when dealing with another company and I want the fee removed. I followed the instructions on the letter to call the jurisdiction to contest the ticket and Ford proceeded to pay the ticket and attempt to charge me for it. The letter contained a typo which confused me and even after having admitted to the mistake, Mr. Samieaniego refuses to eliminate the fee. I will not pay the ticket and I want it removed. I also want Samianiego held accountable for his disrespect and actions.