Evolve Vacation Rental Logo

Evolve Vacation Rental

LAST UPDATED: September 5th, 2022

Evolve Vacation Rental was founded in 2011 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry and was designed to assist owners in managing their vacation rental listings and assist with guest inquiries and reservations. Evolve Vacation Rental is focused on simplifying the process of vacation renting by following a strict rental verification process and providing flexible options with lower fees. Their vetted network of on-the-ground partners are available to handle everything from housekeeping to maintenance.

The Good

• Set, Low Fee for Property Owners
  • Flexible Terms
  • Communication with Guests
  • Property Damage Protection
  • Professional Listings

Set, Low Fee for Property Owners

Evolve is free to join, and charges property owners a set 10 percent of the booking fee for its listing services. In addition, Evolve does not charge a cancellation fee.

Flexible Terms

There is no term commitment for owners. The company’s service is free to join and can be canceled at any time. In addition, owners can use their vacation rental for personal use throughout the year.

Communication with Guests

Evolve handles communication with guests throughout the reservation process. In addition, customers who want help booking can contact Evolve’s travel advisors. They are available seven days a week by phone, email, and live chat.

Property Damage Protection

Unlike many competitors, Evolve does not require security deposits for vacation rentals. Instead, the company offers a Damage Protection insurance program. This program is backed by the insurance company Assurant and costs a set fee of $14.50 per night for guests. This protection covers up to $3,000 in unintentional damages by travelers. Guests are liable for intentional destruction or damage that exceeds the set amount. In addition, Evolve provides protection to property owners with $1 million in liability coverage.

Professional Listings

Evolve uses professional photographers and writers to create high-quality listings. In addition, properties are displayed on multiple sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, Airbnb, and more.

The Bad

• Limited Country Availability
  • Limited Pricing Options

Limited Country Availability

Currently, Evolve only services North America. Owners looking to list properties in countries outside North America will need to use another vacation rental management service.

Limited Pricing Options

Evolve does not offer multiple pricing options. Though it provides a low, set fee, some companies offer different options, such as yearly subscriptions, to fit the needs of different property owners.

The Bottom Line

Evolve is free to join and charges a low, 10 percent booking fee. The company offers flexible terms allowing property owners to cancel at any time and to reserve their property for personal use. Evolve creates professional listings and promotes properties on multiples vacation rental sites. Properties are protected through Assurant insurance and owners also receive liability insurance. Furthermore, it communicates with customers on behalf of property owners. However, owners of property outside of North America will need to use another vacation rental management company. We recommend consumers compare Evolve to other vacation rental management companies to see if it fits their needs.

3.3

Gay Light Oxford, FL

This cabin was very comfortable in a relatively quiet location. We enjoyed the spaciousness and privacy. One thing I would like to point out is the moment we stepped into the cabin, we noticed a very stale and musty odor. I knew immediately there was a problem in the HVAC unit and checked the air handler in the closet. I found a major leak where the duct is attached to the air handler, and there was a feeble attempt to patch it. It will require a leakproof mastic repair. That should improve the odor issue. The sliding glass door was difficult to open and close. We had a few friendly ants which posed no problem. All in all, we had a pleasant stay and would enjoy renting through you folks again. Thanks again, Gay Light

Christine Ramos-Diaz Middletown, NY

When I first called Evolve I was actually given some misinformation which led to my making reservations I would not have made otherwise. I was told that certain amenities were including in the fees for a particular reservation when they in fact were not. However, upon contacting Evolve to cancel the reservation, they worked quickly to come to a solution for me and my family and to compensate us for the amenities we thought were included but were not. They were tremendously helpful and cooperative and I was able to keep my reservations as a result of their efforts to make up for the initial mishap.

Diane Rifkin

Generally speaking, the team is very responsive and accessible by phone. Email is efficient if you are already dealing with an agent on an issue. I've had excellent dealings with several representatives, including but not limited to David, Haley, Caitlin and Blake. An area where I think there can be improvement is with the Live Chat, which is often unavailable, and getting quicker responses when submitting a Request/Ticket. Overall, Reps have been professional and effective. There has also been an issue with the disparity between Evolve's no refund policy - and that of Airbnb. This should be resolved and explained better to owners.

Amanda Brighton, CO

The process of booking our condo was pretty simple. Communication prior to our stay was good, we knew exactly what we needed to before our trip. The condo was nice. I was very impressed with how well-stocked it was. I brought a lot of my own kitchen supplies but didn’t need them because the condo had everything we needed. Plenty of blankets, towels and pillows. The only issue we had was that the pool was advertised to be open at 10:00 AM which it wasn’t and we couldn’t get a hold of anyone. We finally got in around noon but by then the kids were tired and hungry. The pool was the biggest reason we booked this place so we were bummed.

Teri Bacher Harrisburg, IL

The house was nice. It is marketed as a great family rental home. I think the description of the property should make it very clear that there are no TV's in the home. There is no explanation on how to use wireless sound sysem. When we arrived the house was 78 degrees downstairs - WAY hotter upstairs - it took until 3am for the upstairs to feel comfortable. A normal size coffee pot would have also been nice -we went out and purchased one for our stay

Marisa Finlayson Eugene, OR

I stayed at an air bnb which this network was running on behalf of the owners. After needing to reschedule the trip due to a family emergency Evolve Vacation Rental Network and the owners of the home were able to work with me with no extra fees. The stay at the home was fine, however I would like to note the photos of this particular house might have been a little misleading in terms of the backyard. Otherwise, the stay was fine.

chelsea Englewood, CO

Working with Evolve was really great. I was emailed all the info for checking in and checking out the day before our stay which was really nice. It had all the details and information I could need. I had to contact someone there because I had trouble with the door lock and she got back to be so quick as was super helpful. My only con would be that the house thermostat was set to be pretty cold upon our arrival (it was winter too) and it took a bit for the home to heat up. I wish someone would have set it a bit higher before we arrived. Not too big a deal though.

Craig Steamboat Springs, CO

Evolve did a great job walking us through the many steps of setting up our vacation rental. I would have given them a 5 Stars if they were listed as a "Travel" company with the credit card companies (Capital One, BarclayCard travel rewards). Once Evolve does this guests will be able to use their travel rewards to book Evolve rentals.

Barbara H. Orland Park, IL

This home looks exactly like the photo gallery shows. River kayaks and flotation devices are provided. Property is in excellent condition. The owner is available for any information needed. She certainly makes your stay a memorable adventure.

Jordan Zavala Denver, CO

The property rental was great and as described. All information that I needed prior to check-in was emailed in a timely manner. I ran into minimal issues working with evolve. The only thing I noticed is that there is no chance for cancellation once booked which would be my only complaint. Otherwise everything was great!!

Danielle Swenson Kailua-Kona, HI

I thought it was very easy to use and response time was great. However, I received a few emails about the rental and I'm not sure all of them were necessary. A confirmation email is great, and then a follow up email about check in instructions is really all that is needed.

Sheela Mudan Tampa, FL

I have had great service whenever I have had questions especially today. Luke B took his time to help me with my questions and setting up the calendar. He was very patient and helpful.

Lauren H. Andrews Sharon, MA

We loved this condo and location. It is a lovely spot close to NConway and close to Mount Washington so I highly recommend it to you all as it is a great balance. Clean, simple and open. We had such a great vacation!

Jessica Reno, NV

Evelove was wonderful, the landlord however was not. I did not appreciate him contacting me personally. I felt like he was watching me some how. The hot tub was a filthy mess

Chris Dolan San Antonio, TX

Overall, good experience. Received check-in instructions promptly, no issues there. The problem I have is with the condo I rented, pictures and descriptions made it sound great. Nothing like that when we got there.

Diana Santos Flowery Branch, GA

Evolve Vacation Rental Network was really helpful and it was easy to make my reservation. They confirm my reservation within minutes and made it so much easier. I strongly recommend it! I was. Ery happy!

DeLanie Dickler Ogden, UT

The property we booked through Evolve was excellent and the service and ease of booking the property were excellent as well! Would definitely book again through this company in the future.

Richard Gorenflo Nevada, OH

The property was as advertised and was a nice quiet place to stay. The private pool was convenient and the townhouse was clean and comfortable. Representative of the owner was friendly and accommodating.

Chad Metzler Wayne, NE

We rented a house in northern California (Crescent City) and absolutely loved it. We were 5 minutes from the ocean. Booking and all interactions were very good.

Jillian Curry Depew, NY

Evolve made my weekend in Ellicottville very easy. All the necessary information was provided to me and I was easily able to contact my host. I was very happy!

greg kneedler Gallatin, TN

Dealing with them was great ,the only kick was the beds were hard as a rock, i think my beach chairs felt better.

Mirandy

It was very easy to book with this company. No problems with the process.

James Cunningham China Spring, TX

Seamless, was easy to use and everything worked right. No hassle booking.

Tammy Cody, WY

Easy straight forward transaction, questions were answered promptly.