Founded in 1988 and based out of Irvine, California, Balboa Capital is one of the oldest independent finance lenders that can be found on the internet. The company initially made its reputation by providing equipment leasing and equipment financing services, but today, Balboa Capital offers a number of financing options.

Balboa Capital financing options include small business loans which provides fast cash without collateral, commercial financing which includes middle market programs of up to $100 million, vendor financing which increases sales and profits, franchise financing which provides financing for FF&E, PIPs, and re-imaging, equipment leasing which offers same-day funding of up to $250,000, and business cash advances which is a flexible option to manage working capital needs. Consumers that choose Balboa should remember that they must have a credit score of 550 or higher and funding is not available to startups.

#1 Lendio chevron_right
#2 Kabbage chevron_right
4.8
#3 Rapid Finance chevron_right

The Good

• Industry Experience
  • Fast Approval
  • Unsecured Loans
  • Business Resources
  • Balboa Capital Reviews

Industry Experience

Balboa Capital has several good qualities that make it an appealing lender for businesses looking to borrow money. For starters, Balboa Capital has been around for a long time—much longer than many of its competitors. This level of experience, success, and stability is an important quality in a lender.  Balboa Capital has provided services to small businesses, equipment vendor organizations, franchise owners, and middle market executives nationwide

Fast Approval

Balboa Capital is a direct lender, which means the company can provide its customers with cash in less than two days with no middleman markups or broker fees. Banks can take weeks or even months to disburse loans after they have been approved, so the ability to receive funds this quickly is noteworthy. Balboa Capital has a simple online application process and claims on its website that it has "one of the fastest funding processes in the industry."

Unsecured Loans

Balboa Capital offers unsecured loans, which are a good option for small business owners who do not want to put up personal or business collateral when receiving funding. Plus, the application process for unsecured loans requires far less paperwork than for secured loans.

Business Resources

The company offers several business resources on its website including a small business loan calculator, equipment lease calculator, section 179 calculator, small business blog, small business whitepapers, and small business infographics.

Balboa Capital Reviews

Balboa Capital reviews are mostly positive, highlighting competitive rates and loan amounts, affordable monthly payments, excellent customer service, and a quick application and funding process. Positive reviews can give businesses interested in Balboa Capital peace of mind knowing previous borrowers found the company to be a quality lending option.

The Bad

• Limited Website Information
  • No Startup Funding

Limited Website Information

Balboa Capital's website provides very little information about loan qualification requirements. There's no online indication of what a potential customer's credit score must be in order to borrow from the company. Balboa Capital also doesn't have much information regarding customer service and personal guarantee on its website in comparison to other finance lenders.

No Startup Funding

Although Balboa Capital is a direct lender does not seem to provide financial solutions or funding to startup companies.

The Bottom Line

Balboa Capital offers a number of attractive features for your working capital needs, including extensive industry experience, quick approval and funding times, and unsecured loans. The company also offers a variety of financing options including small business loans, equipment leasing, commercial financing, vendor financing, franchise financing, and business cash advances.

Balboa Capital is a direct lender which allows customers to obtain quick funding, even same-day funding with equipment financing. Unfortunately, the company lacks some important website information including qualification requirements, customer service help, and personal guarantee. Interested customers may want to conduct their own in-depth research on alternative lender options before making a final decision.

View Best Business Loan Lenders

4.1

Rasel
February 1st, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Rally that was nice service. There good behave

Karen Giroir
January 18th, 2019 Alexandria, LA DETAILS

There were hidden fees and no cooperation to remove them when, for instance, they were charging me a"penalty" for no insurance coverage. Whenever I proved this insurance coverage, they continued to charge the fees for over a year. I finally had to report them to lending governing associations to get them to attempt to refund my "penalties". Once again, I proved insurance coverage from day one. Who would NOT provide insurance coverage on building, contents, and slip and fall these days????

DaveSalzberg
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Everything was done electronically, so it was a very simple process from my initial inquiry to funding of the loan. Quarterly payments are withdrawn automatically from my account. My account rep reaches out to me once a quarter to check on how things are going: I really like not being forgotten.

Manuel Sousa
February 14th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

So far things have been good. Their customer service is very good, they have awesome people who respond quickly. Everything was very easy and quick.

F.V.
February 14th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

They called me and convinced me to get a loan. I'm not satisfied at the moment because they are charging me and that was not in the initial agreement.

Richard Borchers
February 14th, 2018 Fallston, MD DETAILS

I'm glad I got their loan, they made it very easy. I have no issues with them. They were just very good to work with.

Giuseppe Filippelli
February 14th, 2018 Albion, NY DETAILS

They were recommended by our franchiser. Getting the loan was a fairly easy process. Everyone involved was just really nice, kind, and very helpful. They were very concerned about making sure all the information was accurate.

Lonnie Waldrop
February 14th, 2018 Westerville, OH DETAILS

I'm glad I went with them. There was almost no work involved when processing the loan, I just contacted them and things were taken care of very easily and it didn't take too long. The person that I dealt with was super friendly, customer focused, and just very professional. It's easy to get in touch with them through email or phone, and they have been there for me during every part of the process.

Gregg Freidenberger
February 14th, 2018 Rocky Ford, CO DETAILS

I have mixed feelings on them. I had dealt with them before but this time I went through a John Deere dealership and they offered me the loan. The interest rate was a little high, but I thought that would be alright since the processing seemed to be simple. I didn't think getting the loan would be that much trouble, but doing all the paperwork was a bit of a chore. That took too long. Other than that, I don't have any problem with them.

Tim Sublett
February 14th, 2018 Portsmouth, OH DETAILS

Our company picked it as one of the financing systems for our equipment. Their communication was great, I would get callbacks in 72 hours or less. The person that helped me actually followed up with me every day to make sure that I had everything I needed. He was immediately available for anything.

February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

We didn't really choose them. They were offered to us by the vendor, but we're glad we got the loan. The reps are pretty good, they helped us throughout the process and handled everything professionally and quickly. Whenever we had questions they would get back to us right away with the answers.

Troy King
February 14th, 2018 Junction City, OH DETAILS

The process to get the loan just seemed to be harder and take longer than it should've. I mean, the guy that I'm personally working with is fine. He has answered my calls and has gotten back to me right away with the answers that I needed. The problem came with the paperwork, all of that turned into a fiasco. They just seemed to add more and more paperwork for me to sign. It got kind of annoying.

Kenneth Boomer
February 14th, 2018 Saginaw, MI DETAILS

It was easy to get a loan with them and their rates are good too. The gentleman that I dealt with was very polite and professional.

Brad Carmickle
February 14th, 2018 Versailles, KY DETAILS

I'm glad I chose them. It was easy to get a loan and they answered all my questions immediately. If any problems came up, they also took care of that. It's a pretty good company.

Blake Howard
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

My experience just wasn't any good at all. At first I had agreed to a payment of $4400 a month but the very first charge that came through was of $6700. It's fine that they want to charge for everything they do, but they need to tell you that upfront. That was what made me upset. Right now I'm trying to get back $3280 from a different loan that didn't go through. I ended up paying for that in cash, so now I'm fighting to get that. I haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm very disappointed

Abraham Montalvo
February 14th, 2018 Norfolk, NE DETAILS

Somebody offered it to me. Getting the loan was pretty quick and customer support always answers me when I call.

Bill Horton
February 14th, 2018 Muncie, IN DETAILS

They actually called me and I talked to a representative about it all. I'm glad I used it. It doesn't take too long to get your loans finalized and everything is a good deal price-wise. The agent that I dealt with did everything the way he was supposed to and it went well.

February 14th, 2018 Warren, OH DETAILS

I had used them before, that's why I went with them again. Getting the loan was easy. It wasn't long an arduous, we just went along with it. It went pretty quickly from start to finish. Customer service has gotten back to me immediately with the few questions that I've asked.

Bertie Salyer
February 14th, 2018 Salyersville, KY DETAILS

My son was the one that selected the company. He works as a salesman and Balboa was recommended to him by 2 or 3 different people in different agencies. I'm glad we went with them. The process was very easy and we were through with it very quickly. They were also very accommodating through it all. If we have future needs we will check back in with them.

Cristlina Ardon
February 14th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

Customer service is very friendly and very nice. They are also fast.

Victor
February 14th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

They offered me three different loan rates and I was able to pick the one that fit me best. Their sales reps are very helpful and are always there when I call. It's a very good company.

Debbie Barr
February 14th, 2018 Pima, AZ DETAILS

I went with them because I had used them before. Since they already had my information it was very simple to update that and get a loan.

Damian Garza
February 14th, 2018 Laredo, TX DETAILS

The service was offered to me and I got it since the rates were interesting. They were just lower than the other services I looked at, so I went with it. I haven't really had to interact much with them though.

Davida Nelums
February 14th, 2018 Caruthersville, MO DETAILS

They were the best partner for me. They just provided great service at a reasonable rate. Besides, they made the process very simple. I had a great rep. Thanks to him I didn't have to chase them down all over the place just to get answers to my questions.

February 14th, 2018 Grand Haven, MI DETAILS

They offered us a good deal so we took the loan. The process was easy and their customer service was great. They always got back to me when I contacted them.

Jason Sargent
February 14th, 2018 Kirkland, WA DETAILS

They were great. It was easy to work with them.

Jose Maldonado
February 14th, 2018 Berclair, TX DETAILS

I got it since, upfront, their statement sounded reasonable in price. They have poor communication though. They didn't respond to my emails or answer the phone when I called.

Troy Takach
February 14th, 2018 Sandy, UT DETAILS

We had a previous relationship with them since they helped us financing something some 5 or 6 years ago. When we needed it again, we just called them, though right now we're not particularly happy with them. The process to get a loan took us months when it should've taken just a few days. We literally worked with him for almost 2 months. They were just not very responsive this time around.

John Bilanko
February 14th, 2018 Santa Cruz, CA DETAILS

They had contacted me a number of times over the years. When the time came when I needed the loan I called them. I'm happy I went with them. The process was quick and easy, it didn't require a lot of documentation. Customer support is good, though sometimes it's a little bit difficult to get information from their website. They could improve that a bit.

Jose Soto
February 14th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

They are very prompt and informative.

Adelbe
February 14th, 2018 Los Banos, CA DETAILS

The salesman convinced me of going with them. We had a hard time getting the loans approved. There was really no reason for it, they just kept asking for more and more information before we could get our $7500 loan. Their agent was good though.

Leon Gordon
February 14th, 2018 Edgefield, SC DETAILS

I got the loan since the payment schedule looked good. The guy I talked to was great. We ran into a couple of issues with the payment schedule and set up. The first payment came in too early and I talked a lot with him about it all. He kept a watch on everything and kept on communicating with me. I'm satisfied. I think it's great for small businesses. There's always someone there trying to help you and you don't feel like you're just talking to a machine.

Marvin Alvarez
February 14th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

They have to make their online platform better. Sometimes we have a hard time making payments or loading up our accounts. It can be confusing to try and figure out what you're doing in there. Still, it's easy to get in touch with customer service, either through phone or email. The service is good.

Robert Fager
February 14th, 2018 Limon, CO DETAILS

I'm glad I went with them. Their customer service is very friendly, though they don't return all your phone calls and emails.

Ravinder Saini
February 14th, 2018 Utica, MI DETAILS

The individual that I dealt with was very professional and driven. He made the whole process very easy for me. He was always on top of his game and always followed up with me.

Steve
February 14th, 2018 Columbus, IN DETAILS

I found them on the internet and thought getting a loan with them would be good. They are easy to work with and they answered all the questions that I had. I'm glad I did it, it was easy.

Steven Crossen
February 14th, 2018 Laveen, AZ DETAILS

I chose them after seeing their advertisements. The loan was great, but they are lacking in communication. They don't really return my calls. They need to be more upfront about things from the beginning.

Tim Kulp
February 14th, 2018 Quakertown, PA DETAILS

They are very easy to deal with.

David Laws
February 14th, 2018 Pennington Gap, VA DETAILS

I'm glad we got it. Initially we got a loan from them almost through a dealer of sorts but since then they've helped us finance other things for our business. They're easy to get along with and, whenever we need capital for anything, they're quick to get back to us. We've just built great relationships with them.

William Meiser Jr
February 14th, 2018 Enumclaw, WA DETAILS

A lot of questions kept coming up the more I talked to them. They would just ask for more and more requirements. The salesman that I dealt with was good though. I got good feedback from them and they would get back to me on a timely manner. They could be a bit more communicative and let us know what's going on though.

DAvidWells
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

First my name is Doyle Wells.. I am Commercial Retail sales Mgr here at AirCo. With a new division to our company I am using the Balboa Lease purchase on every single Quote with commercial equipment. I have seen a cpl times where I mention it when I go to look at job and it automatically singles me out as the preferred contractor. This allows me to price the job correctly and get rid of the lowest cost bidding war. It is my #1 tool to help distinguish me out of the pack. I bid the job, present quote and from that point on the customer deals with Balboa. The feedback I have received from my customers is that the process is seamless and quite easy for them. So far every one that I have sent to them has been ok'd and resulted in another sale for me.

JasonNakagawa
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!! THEY LIE TO YOU ON THE RATES SND CHARGE YOU FOR INTERIM RENTS!!! THE BBB HAS BEEN NOTIFIED AND I WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE “HIRED” 5-STAR REVIEWS !!! I WOULD WISH TO PLACE “0” STARS, BUT THE SYSTEM WOULD NOT ALLOW IT!!!

JamesGriffin
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

My experience with Balboa is very positive. Their pricing is competitive, they understand risk, they move quickly, their systems are very automated.

SergioEspinoza
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Best on customer services they answered all my questions with no problems

Chong SPark
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

I worked with Brendan, and he patiently answered every question I asked. At the end, I had a reasonable interest rate for my loan, and I am happy with it.

ChristianJackson
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

HANDLED MY NEEDS VERY FAST AND THEY ARE A REPUTABLE COMPANY. I HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH THEM MORE THAN ONCE AND WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE.

GaryHarter
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

their response time was very slow! took almost a year for my loan to get funded i was mislead on condition of my loan. David W. was rude and and very pushy wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy

EdHuling
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

They are flexible and keep their promises

KevinHackbart
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Had an expectation upon signing contract that included a specific dollar amount of payment. After signing the contract, I proceeded to get charged exorbitant fees for insurance and property tax that were above and beyond what the agreed amount was. I will never use this company again and I will steer everyone I know in business away from this company.

David Lowenstein
January 29th, 2018 Vista, CA DETAILS

Excellent customer service very fast reliable