For over 126 years, First Financial has served the financial needs of their clients, helping them better manage and save their money. Despite recent trouble in the banking industry, First FInancial Bank continued to grow through acquisitions, new branches and the expansion of their services. Despite humble beginnings, First Financial is known as one of the nation's most financially secure banking institutions, with assets totaling over $.653 billion.
- Loan options
- Checking account options
- Savings account
As one of the nation's most financially secure banking institutions, First Financial Bank has found ways to meet the financial needs of all of their clients. First Financial Bank offers banking solutions to individuals for personal banking, businesses, and they provide trust and wealth management products.
For personal use, the lending capabilities of First Financial Bank are extremely competitive. Not only do they compete in terms of low interest rates, First Financial offers a wide range of loans to their individual clients. Personal loans include the following:
- Auto Loans: Whether you're looking for a new or used vehicle, our competitive rates, flexible terms and automatic payment options will put you in the driver's seat.
- Recreational Loans: It's a great big world out there, we have loans to help you experience it. Enjoy competitive rates and terms, motorcycles, boats, campers, trailers, motor homes, or whatever excites you.
- Mortgage Loans: From conventional loans to VA and FHA financing, First Financial offers financial solutions custom built for you. Come see how our experts can take the stress out of the mortgage process.
- Home Equity Loans: Whether you're looking to remodel, consolidate debts or cover college tuition, First Financial can put your home's equity to good use.
- Personal Loans: Need some extra cash to pay bills, consolidate debts, take a special family vacation or handle life's little emergencies? Enjoy competitive rates and terms with a Personal Loan from First Financial. Private lines of credit are also available.
- CD Secured Loans: Have a Certificate of Deposit? You can use your CD as collateral to secure a loan. First Financial will process the loan quickly and at reasonable rates.
Checking Account Options
There are four different checking accounts offered through First Financial Bank. No matter what account a client decides to enroll in, there will be features that are provided across the board. These features include: free debit card, online banking, mobile banking, Bill Pay, free eStatement, and paper statements with images. The four checking account include:
- WOW! Checking: includes ID Theft protection and cell phone protection
- Interest Checking: for those looking to make interest on their checking account
- Heritage Checking: extremely competitive interest rates
- First Checking: for first time account holders
There are Savings accounts available to enroll in as well. There are basic savings accounts, savings accounts for children, and health savings accounts available. The basic savings accounts do not require a minimum deposit and there is typically no monthly service charge either.
- Limited lending
- Limited locations
For businesses, the lending opportunities are seriously limited. First Financial Bank only offers commercial loans to businesses, regardless of size. That means that most of the standard loans banks offer to businesses are not provided. Missing loans include, but are not limited to:
- Retail loans
- Construction loans
- Lines of credit
One of the biggest drawbacks of the First Financial Bank service is their limited service availability. As of right now, First Financial Bank only operates within the state of Texas. This eliminates a vast majority of the country and means that anyone that does not reside in Texas will not be able to take advantage of the First Financial Bank services.
The Bottom Line
First Financial Bank has helped Texas residents for years now as they work to better manage and save their money. They offer a number of high quality banking solutions, but there are some holes in the service as well. Those considering using First Financial Bank for their financial needs can expect the following from the service:
- Wide range of loans available
- Checking and savings options
- Services different types of clients
- Limited business lending
- Only operates in Texas