First Commonwealth Bank was founded in 1857 as a financial services company. It is primarily based in Indiana and Pennsylvania. For over 150 years, First Commonwealthhas served the Central Pennsylvania region. First Commonwealth is one of the few stronger banks that did not accept TARP funds in 2008.
- Customized services
- Lending options
- Checking and savings accounts
First Commonwealth Bank understands that all clients come with unique financial goals, personal banking services, and lifestyles. Since traditional banking does not work for everyone, First Commonwealth Bank has come up with customized ways to prioritize and assess financial needs. Their unique system ensures that clients get the most out of the First Commonwealth Bank financial services.
One of the best aspects of the First Commonwealth Bank are their lending capabilities. Any client hoping to borrow money to finance various endeavors or life events will likely be able to find a solutions through First Commonwealth Bank. Lending solutions through First Commonwealth Bank include:
- Home Equity Loans: A home equity loan is an excellent way to leverage the investment you have already made in your home. First Commonwealth Bank is pleased to offer home equity loans to its customers, so homeowners in Pittsburgh, Columbus, and across Western PA and Central Ohio can use the loan to meet their financial needs.
- Home Equity Lines of Credit: At First Commonwealth Bank, you have the power to get funding for your goals, on your terms, through a low interest home equity line of credit (HELOC). We know what fits today could be different tomorrow, or next year.
- Personal Loans: First Commonwealth Bank personal loans can be the answer to easy, hassle-free borrowing. Need a few hundred or thousand for that unexpected expense? Find that once in a lifetime antique that you just can't pass up? Just want to tidy up some small bills with a new loan? Whatever the reason, you can expect competitive rates and top-notch customer service from First Commonwealth Bank.
- Mortgage Solutions: Choosing a new home is a big step, which is why we will be with you every step of the way as you compare mortgage options and finance the perfect place to call home, whether you are relocating to the big city, house-shopping in a new neighborhood or even just re-financing your current home.
- Automobile Loans: That new car you've wanted could be closer than you think with an auto loan from First Commonwealth Bank. We offer competitive rates and terms to best meet your individual situation. Fixed and variable rate loans are available to help you find that car you've always wanted. We've helped customers in our communities obtain auto loans in Pittsburgh, Altoona, Johnstown, Greensburg, Indiana and all across Western PA and Central Ohio.
Checking and Savings Accounts
For personal, business, and corporate banking standard checking and savings accounts are available to help manage finances. Additionally there are cash management solutions and card services that all clients can take advantage of.
- Overdraft protection
Most banks provide some form of overdraft protection without any additional cost. The overdraft protection simply comes as part of the account. This feature does not apply to First Commonwealth Bank accounts. There are only overdraft solutions for those who wish to pay an additional fee. The plans available include:
- Standard Overdraft Coverage: Standard Overdraft Coverage is when we pay overdrafts against your account at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- Customized Overdraft Coverage: clients will need to visit a local community office.
Availability is a huge issue with First Commonwealth Bank. While a great option for those who live in Kentucky, those who reside in any other state will not be able to take advantage of the First Commonwealth platform. Additionally, they only have ATMs in five counties within the state of Kentucky.
The Bottom Line
First Commonwealth Bank provides basic and premier banking solutions for individuals and businesses in the state of Kentucky. While there are benefits to their banking solutions, there are drawbacks as well. Those considering using First Commonwealth Bank for their financial needs can expect the following from the service:
- Personalized banking options
- Borrowing solutions
- Savings options
- Limited availability
- Overdraft Protection Plans