California Bank and Trust is an entirely full-service bank that takes a particular interest in business banking. Their headquarters are in San Diego, California and their assets total more than $11 billion. To date, there are over one hundred branches. These branches are only located up and down the state of California. California Bank and Trust is a subsidiary of Zions Bancorporation, which is one of the nation's top fifty bank holding companies in the country.
- Custom financial products
- Checking account options
- Business and commercial banking
Custom Financial Products
California Bank and Trust is a commercial bank that helps clients reach their financial goals by guiding them through important financial decisions and providing a range of custom financial products. California Bank and Trust helps individuals and businesses find ways to expand upon financing, cash management, wealth management, international bank, and more.
Checking Account Options
There are four different checking accounts provided by California Bank and Trust for individuals. Features range from limited to unlimited check writing, interest-bearing or non-interest-bearing account, you can work with one of the knowledgeable and experienced bankers to select the checking account that works for the situation. The checking accounts are broken down as follows:
- Beyond Basics Checking: perfect for value-minded customers who don't want to commit to a minimum account balance but who use direct deposit and prefer using their check, credit, or ATM cards to conduct transactions. There is a $100 opening balance requirement and no minimum balance requirement. There is a $4-$6/month maintenance fee.
- Select Benefits Checking: created for customers who write more than 10 checks per month and maintain a $1,500 minimum daily account balance. There is a $200 opening balance requirement and a $7-$9 per month service charge (if not waived).
- Select Benefits Plus Checking: designed for customers who want similar features and benefits of our Select Benefits Checking account, but who maintain a higher account balance in order to earn a competitive interest rate. This account includes unlimited check writing and $200 to open.
- Premium Preferred Checking: ideal for customers with larger account balances who want to earn a competitive, tiered interest rate. Unlimited check writing included and a $200 opening balance requirement.
Business and Commercial Banking
Business and commercial banking is the primary focus of California Bank and Trust. For these clients, California Bank and Trust provides checking and savings accounts. Additionally, loans and lines of credit are available. Treasury management and international banking are also products available to clients.
- Retirement options
- Limited locations
The retirement options are a bit sparse compared to what other banks have to offer. For example, a rollover or 401(k) is not available for individuals through California Bank and Trust. The only retirement solutions they have to offer include:
- Certificates of Deposit
California Bank and Trust only operates within the state of California. Their physical branches can only be found up and down the west coast. With such limited availability, a major drawback is the fact that only California residents and businesses can use their services.