iLending Logo

iLending

7.5

LAST UPDATED: January 4th, 2022

Every month, iLending helps thousands of people refinance their auto loans by connecting them with various banks and credit unions in its network. An iLending loan can save you an average of $145 per month*.

Something to keep in mind before working with iLending is the company's qualifications. You will need to have a credit score of at least 560 to be eligible for refinancing and you must be at least 18 years of age or the state minimum (whichever is higher). Loan amounts are from $7,500 to $80,000.

iLending is a Better Business Bureau accredited business, a multi-year winner in the Denver Business Journal Top Places to Work, winner of the 2018 Better Business Bureau Torch Awards for Business Ethics in the large business category, and one of the Inc. 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation.

*This value was calculated by using the average monthly payment savings for all iLending clients from June 1, 2021, through November 30, 2021.

Keep reading for pros and cons, and iLending reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Lower-Than-Average Interest Rates
  • Good Option for High-Mileage Vehicles
  • No Fees
  • Dedicated Loan Consultant
  • iLending Gives Back

Lower-Than-Average Interest Rates

iLending offers rates as low as 1.99 percent, much lower than the industry average and other competing auto refinance companies. For example, Auto Approve offers rates as low as 2.25 percent and RefiJet offers rates as low as 2.49 percent.

The company works with a variety of banks and credit unions, allowing you to pick the best lender and rates for your needs. Plus, once you find a lower rate, iLending will lock that rate in for the complete loan term, resulting in predictable and affordable payments month after month.

Good Option for High-Mileage Vehicles

iLending is a good option for those with high-mileage vehicles. The company will consider auto loan refinance applications for vehicles with up to 150,000 miles.

No Fees

The company does not charge an application fee, origination fee, or prepayment fee.

Dedicated Loan Consultant

iLending strives to create real and personal relationships with each of its customers by assigning a personal loan consultant to each client. Consultants are there to answer questions, negotiate rates, and find the best auto refinance loan option for you.

All of iLending's loan consultants go through an extensive six-week training program to learn how they can better assist clients and provide superior customer service.

iLending Gives Back

In 2009, iLending created The Butterfly Foundation, an organization committed to supporting people who have suffered severe loss, illness, or other hardship. The foundation has helped widows, cancer survivors, children and families, and has given away over $100,000 to individuals and charities.

The Bad

• No Loan Terms Available Online
  • Long Application Process
  • Must Have a Verifiable Source of Income

No Loan Terms Available Online

Loan terms offered by iLending are not available on its website because terms will vary depending on your credit situation, your vehicle, and the lender that you choose from the company's network. However, because iLending works with multiple lenders this means that you will be evaluated on more than just your credit score, and you will be able to choose the best lending option for you.

Long Application Process

While iLending offers an online form to begin your auto refinancing journey, some consumers may be frustrated with the overall process.

Getting a quote from iLending starts with consumers entering in some general contact details, vehicle details, and loan details. However, when filling out the form, keep in mind that your vehicle must be a 2011 or newer, or have fewer than 150,000 miles on it, and you must have more than $7,500 remaining on your current car loan.

After entering the information, you will then receive an email stating that your personal loan consultant will be in contact with you in the next 24 hours. During this call, you'll need to be ready to discuss your financial goals and reasons for refinancing, personal information, including current employment, your vehicle information, as well as your current loan information.

This may be frustrating to some people, as other companies will simply generate a list of all possible options and allow users to browse the loan options online immediately after entering their information. This format is generally preferred since it also allows users to view multiple options and compare rates, term lengths, and monthly payments without having the pressure of a company representative waiting for an answer.

Must Have a Verifiable Source of Income

iLending only considers borrowers who have a verifiable source of income, but the company does not disclose a minimum annual income requirement.

The Bottom Line

iLending is a national leader in auto refinancing. While the company has several additional services, such as GAP Waiver and extended warranties, iLending specializes in auto loan refinancing, but could be your one stop for various auto needs.

Consumers should keep in mind that a credit score of at least 560 is required and you need to be 18 years or older to qualify.

The company doesn't have an origination fee and is a great option for those with high-mileage vehicles. In addition, iLending has competitively low interest rates, as low as 1.99 percent APR, allowing you to save more money on monthly payments and throughout your refinancing experience as a whole. Based on these offerings and majority positive customer reviews, we recommend iLending for your auto loan refinancing needs.

4.9

Cathy Roberson Boston, MA

I did an auto refinance with Mihn. He made the process so easy for me. He was right in top of everything and communicated where I was in the process and what was needed. It was all accomplished very quickly. I highly recommend.

Teresa Tucson, AZ

What I like most about this company is that they select the best people. The staff member that l was dealing with had excellent customer service skills. He was very knowledgeable of the process. What l dislike about this company maybe my fault, is that I was not aware of this company via commercials. I would like to see this company with commercials. My experience was an amazing one!

Dottie S Downing Meadville, PA

We refinanced both of our vehicles with Jalen J and he was a pleasure to speak with and explained every step of the process and was very knowledgeable to assist us with any questions we had. Great pleasure to work with someone so kind..

Rahshee Modica Memphis, TN

I thought it was some type of scam or make believe thing until i gave it a shot. I saved over 200$ refinancing my truck with them. Very satisfied!

James Lurks Bogue Chitto, MS

Smooth, easy process getting my interest rate and monthly payments lowered significantly!!! Jalen was the best and answered all my questions!!

Art Culp Placerville, CA

Davina G was a pleasure to work with during the loan process. She handled all aspects of the details professionally and was very prompt and responsive to all my inquiries.

Joseph Zajac Hazleton, PA

I have some credit cards with debt and decided to try to get a personal loan that would combine that debt and make it easier to pay at a lower interest. I went with lending direct and was disappointed in the results and then bombarded like crazy with a bunch of emails and continual contacts. I didn't end up getting a personal loan and consolidating the debt in a better rate, but it was with a different company. I would recommend you shop around for various lenders and rates.

iLending Logo

Reply from iLending

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about the confusion of how iLendingDIRECT was advertised as a personal loan/debt consolidation company. Per our conversation, iLendingDIRECT is only an auto refinance company and wouldn’t be able to assist with your needs of a personal loan or debt consolidation. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention and should you need anything please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Manager at 303-862-3309.

Jan. 11th, 2022

Mary Hernandez Cheyenne, WY

Fast and easy process and I ended up with a way better rate! My consultant, Davina G, was very informative and easy to communicate with. She walked me through the entire process and provided aexceptional custom service

Consuelo Esperon Houston, TX

This company approved me of lower interest rate compared to big companies. Chase L was very efficient and professional that the transitional process was very smooth. I look forward to have my other car refinanced from this company again soon.

Leslie Busher Canton, GA

Jalen did an excellent job of helping me, my daughter and my parents refinance our vehicles. He provided quotes quickly, His instructions were clear when he needed something from me and the overall process was easy. Thank you Jalen for helping me and my family save money.

Mike Rosman, NC

Well in my experience I dealt with a gentleman by the name of Tyler M, he was awesome all the way through the process. Got me the lower rate and a better car payment than I could ever imagine in my life. It seems like it only took maybe five business days for him to do everything from start to finish. So I would say it's a good company very fast especially when dealing with Mr M.

Judith daniels Tallahassee, FL

Jalen was very knowledgeable regarding any questions I had as well has he provided excellent customer service

Windy Birdsong New York, NY

I had very positive experience . Jaylyn J was a awesome help with my questions and concerns. Always answering me a a timely manner

Chris Barber Corning, AR

Quick and simple process. Minh B was the absolute best. Will definitely be using them in the future on other vehicles.

Kameron Lutcken Florence, SC

Jalen J was incredibly professional, helpful and on point. It made for an incredibly smooth refinance over the phone. I really appreciate the hard work he put in speaking with my insurance and helping me every step of the way.

Shiba Dash Fremont, CA

My loan is still in process. I am working with an agent name Eric. He is good and explaining to me the details that I need. He responds to my call immediately every time I call him. I am in the final step of sending my POA documents. Will write my next review after my loan get processed.

Phillip Stortchak Jacksonville, FL

Great experience, I didn’t really expect to get my car refinanced for anything spectacular, but I did. On top of that I was even able to get my other vehicle refinanced for better than I got it within the few months of ownership! My Guy Jalen did a great job with helping me out, and portrayed exquisite customer service. I will be recommending iLending to anyone I know looking to refinance their vehicles. Thanks!

Anthony Shuck Phoenix, AZ

Men, Where do I get started. Shouts out to Jalen J. for some of the fastest, most tentative customer service. I have ever received. The man was on the ball with everything in a matter of days was able to drop my interest rate by 4% saving me a total of $87 a month. #givethatmanaraise it was a pleasure working with you can wait to work with you again.

Delando Clowney ,

Agent (Minh B.) was very helpful and Adamant in getting my Jeep refinance. With over 20 to 30 companies calling for my services. Some how, when I spoke with Minh B. I knew Minh ,would get the job done; for me. Minh B. was overly professional. Also, was highly knowledgeable, about any questions, I asked. To be honest, Minh enlighten me about the refinance, process and logistics before; I could ask. Minh handled all documents. All, I literally had to do was look at my text messages. Do what was asked for Minh updated me about everything. I never had to call. Also, was very patient with me. If anyone needs help and you see this review, I personally, recommend Minh B. CALL AND ASK FOR Minh B.

Robert R Mcdermott Phoenix, AZ

My name is Robert and the rep was a Jalen J... Originally had a new car which I owed 28k after interest! And he fought hard for me.. I was in a way upside down car! After few days and rejections he stayed in there n found a real bank to give me 4 percent interest rate n got dealership to give me back gap money later!! I couldn't believe it went from a horrible 430 month to 226 month, and a car that isn't upside down. I was nerve racked until call came in with new bank info and all!! People I'm serious this is a real story, Jalen J he's a go- getter and cool too. Didn't add anything to contract just straight shooter. Jesus people 28k for a car I'm now paying 13.5 k for approx...yeah that's how bad my car was upside down and as you can do math it wasn't easy for Jalen either..man Jalen and ilending you guys saved me money and hours in week to chill real stuff guys. Everyone this is real ask for Jalen please he's good heck ilending in general and somebody give him a raise he's good for ilending!! Still shocked guys can't believe it lol..what a week n what a day. Thanks guys and ty Jalen very good man...

Jessica Glacken Orlando, FL

Chase L helped me get my car refinanced. He was so helpful, professional, quick to respond to any question or concern I had. He made the process super easy!

Jen Coventry, RI

Had a great experience with Jalen who walked me through the whole process. He helped me find the refinance loan that was right for me, and had all the paperwork squared away in a matter of days.

Ken Schneider Amarillo, TX

Jalen J was very friendly and personable. He made the whole refinancing experience enjoyable. Jalen helped us every step of the way and he made it very easy. Jalen is a great guy!

Clarisse Daniel Waco, TX

I had a great experience. I was able to get a lower rate for my car loan, way better than I expected. Jalen Johnson was awesome with getting everything done and made the process seamless. He explained everything and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I would definitely recommend to anyone to use iLending for their financial needs.

Kevin Cavanaugh Detroit, MI

Received a mailer from ILendingDirect,called and Jalan Johnson answered and started the process to refinance my car.He was very knowledgeable,professional,and friendly.He made the process very easy.I am very satisfied with the process.I will recommend ILendingDirect to anyone that needs to refinance.

Frank Guevara ,

I had sought other refinance options elsewhere but was unsuccessful until I tried iLendingDIRECT. Within a few days I had received a great refinance option that cut my interest rate over 50%. The customer service I received from Jalen was exceptional - at every step of the process, he was available to answer my questions and walk me through what I needed to complete. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with iLendingDIRECT.

Harveytwin One Owings Mills, MD

Jalen was the representative assigned to assist me with my auto refinance. He was extremely professional; knowledgeable and attentive. He took the time to go over the process with me; walking me through every step. He provided both his email address and cellphone to address any concerns or questions I may have had. He responded within seconds to calls, text and emails. As a Subject Matter Expert he was able to give me advice without being pushy or aggressive on my concerns regarding my choice of a loan term. He respected my decision to decline the gap/ warranty products after sharing the various options. The process was painless, quick and smooth with Jalen’s exceptional guidance! Thanks again!

Debbie Orozco San Diego, CA

Mr. J is a very helpful person, very patient. Also he knows his stuff. Thank you for having him on your team.

Tara Ledwell Madison, AL

Jalen was absolutely amazing from start to finish with the process. He made it so very easy and went above and beyond.

Harry Donell Alford Houston, TX

Jalen has been with me thru the whole process, now that's what I call personal care and I will recommend him to all services!

Sylvia Edwards Garland, TX

This was effortless to do. The rep (Jalen) made the process easy and was there to answer any of my questions. I'd recommend anyone to try.

Jesse Pllumaj Sterling Heights, MI

How amazing is this guy. I was killing myself paying 2 very high interest rate car loans and he got me refinanced for 3 times less! Thank you so much very highly recommend Jaleen to everyone.

D Ruther Glen, VA

I took a chance and filled out your online form and within 10 minutes one of your representatives called me. Jalen J was a pleasure to work with, he helped me get the best deal

carol loupe Port Neches, TX

Jalen made The Whole process extremely easy and fast!

Erik Chicago, IL

I had been speaking to a few firms and iLendingDIRECT was by far the best. I worked with Minh. His relaxed approach, time and consideration got me in the door (so to speak). He made a complex process simple, quick and helped me achieve a better outcome than expected. Wonderful experience for overall!

Tanya Faulk Houston, TX

It was a easy process! My Agent Jalen was easy to work with and took care of each necessary step!I am going to let my friends and family know that this is a great company to do business with! Thanks Jalen you did a great job!

Diana Weber Bismarck, ND

Excellent customer service! I worked with Konrad C. and he was so helpful! Every time I had a question he’d respond immediately. During our refinance process, and even after it was completed, he would make sure all our needs were met and all our questions were answered. I highly recommend Konrad and iLendingDIRECT!

Irvin Lopez ,

Alex B. handled my auto refinance and It was the easiest stress-free process I have experienced. I am very happy with the outcome and how detailed he was explaining each step. I definitely recommend iLendingDirect. If you get Alex, even better!

Virgilfishing ,

j as fast and professional. Very easy to work with.(knows his stuff). I tried another lender I'm texas and spent three weeks trying to get it done. Said forget it when they requested the same documents already submitted. J had everything done in one day. Amazing. Will recommend to my friends. Thank you very much.

Jaid Clark Yuba City, CA

Jalen was so amazing, he went above and beyond.answered all of our questions, made himself available anytime we needed. Beside of him he made this process understandable and easy, I would love to have him for any of my loans in the future. Oh and let's not forget they got my payment down over $150 and my interest rate down to almost nothing, I would recommend ilending to anyone.

Sam Osei Houston, TX

Amazing customer service and product. Thanks Phil for your assistance

Andrea Evans Shreveport, LA

I will never use anyone else for vehicle financing or refinancing. This was by far the best experience ever. Jalen helped me and I couldn’t have asked for a better associate. FYI this not a payed review. Don’t waste time call today! You’ll be happy you did! I haven’t been able to quit smiling since I did. Andrea (actual customer) in Louisiana

Dawn Ferretti Phoenix, AZ

I have NEVER been so impressed with the service I have received. I work in customer service and I am so grateful for the service I got with Karlie H. Not only did she help me but she listened to me and cares about what I was looking for. I already gave 2 people here name and number that were looking for help. She was card ng helpful and supportive the best hole time. I can even express my gratitude towards her. To more people a paycheck is a paycheck but just talking to her on the phone I can tell she wants the best for the customer!! Thank you over and over again for being so amazing!!!

Kris Fierro El Paso, TX

I was looking to switch from Citizens One (Terrible). I used iLendingDirect and someone contacted me within a few hours. The quote took less than 20 min. which is great when you're juggling other tasks. Jalen, the associate who helped me refinance, was very patient and helpful. All of my questions were answered as needed and I was able to call personally and reach my contact directly rather than be placed on a long wait time. The best part however, is the money I will now save:)

Pamela White Minneapolis, MN

At first it was not good however Jaylen was AWESOME! He answered every question and if he missed my call he would get back to me in a timely manner.

JK Miller Canandaigua, NY

Jalen J was great to work with. He was quick to respond to my questions, explained everything and told me what to except

Melissa Monasterio Lake Wales, FL

It was a smooth and easy process. Our representative Jalen was amazing to work with, knew the ins and outs of refinancing. Over all amazing experience!

Corina Adamson Philadelphia, PA

Chase was awesome to work with! Very professional and always friendly. He also went out of his way to help me and be sure that all of my questions were answered!

Marcie Kruse , IL

The whole refi process was quick and painless! Our Rep Chase was outstanding. I would highly recommend Ilending for all refi needs. The Rep was with me through the whole process. There were no hidden fees or lies being told

Shannon Walker Fishkill, NY

Jalen was amazing and very knowledgeable