Travelers

Travelers Logo

6.4

Travelers

Travelers offers individual insurance, including auto insurance, in 43 states

In business for over 150 years, Travelers Insurance is one of the nation's largest property casualty companies. Having grown tremendously, Travelers currently has over 30,000 employees, along with 13,000 independent agents and multiple market segments across the personal, business, international and financial insurance groups. The company operates within the United States. It also operates within the United Kingdom, Lloyd's of London, Canada and the Republic of Ireland. Ultimately, this expansion is precisely what has caused it to rise in popularity, making it become what it is.

The Good

• Coverage features
  • Price range
  • Service coverage
  • Discounts
  • File/track claims

Coverage Features

• Gap insurance
  • Towing and labor
  • Rental

Price Range

On average, a Travelers auto insurance policy costs $92 per month.

Service Coverage

Travelers offers nationwide and international coverage to their policyholders.

Discounts

• Home ownership
  • Payment discounts
  • Travelers IntelliDrive

File/Track Claims

The flexibility offered to policyholders is possibly the best aspect of Travelers. They cover 43 states and, additionally, they are available internationally. Making it equally as convenient, is the fact that you can file and track claims, either through their agents or online. The online option can be used at any time. However, they mention that for the Bond & Specialty Insurance claims, you must file over the phone.

The Bad

• Unclear information

Unclear Information

Customers may find that information provided by Travelers is not necessarily applicable to their situation. The company claims that their information is often "necessarily simplified" and that not everything is that which all customers can expect. This means that if you want to look into the company, make sure you inquire about any doubts you might have or about anything you consider particularly noteworthy.

The Bottom Line

In order for prospective policyholders to obtain a free quote, call an agent or enter the specified information online. As long as their prices suit your budget, Travelers is a solid company for your insurance plan.

Although there are many competitors-some of which might have better economic deals-the discount bundles and quality of Travelers' coverage plans are worth it. In our opinion, the prices are justified by their excellent customer service, making it a credible company to work with. Look into the prices and see if they lie within your range, because ultimately there is a reason they have been around for upward of two centuries.

Kristy Williams
July 16th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

We used Travelers for our Commercial Hazard and Liability Insurance. Although we never had any claims, they seemed to have good customer service. The rates were a little high for a start up company.

Troy Ainsworth
July 6th, 2018 Henderson, NV

Travelers had great coverage and customer service. I had them as my carrier in two separate states and coverage transferred without any issues. Needed to use coverage for a broken windshield one time and everything was covered.

Taylor Siren
June 26th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Travelers covers you wherever you go so you don’t need to have extra worries to think about.

Bella Houtz
May 31st, 2018 South Jordan, UT

We currently have Travelers for our home owners insurance. We've never had to file a claim but their rates seem fairly competitive. We have had no issues and would recommend them.

Sonja Squyres
May 25th, 2018 Ingleside, TX DETAILS

Ive used them since 2000 really have no complaints.

Andrew
May 21st, 2018 Bernalillo, NM DETAILS

I have recieved no citation or had collision and they keep raising my premium

Tera Lee
April 10th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

From another star just recently switched over to Travelers from a different agency. Really helpful my insurance agent is very helpful very knowledgeable. My father has been with Travelers for years and I am glad that I switched over. I feel like I'm in really good hands I would definitely recommend this to friends and family. I recently have had two friends switch over and they have been very happy with the results.

Michael Blount
February 5th, 2018 Bealeton, VA DETAILS

difficult to reach, uncommunicative, lowsy customer service

SAM MUNDY
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

THEY ARE A GOOD COMPANY.....AND HAVE GOOD PRICES

Brenda Wilson
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

great rates and service,have car and home with them. Changed from previous company after several years, received better coverage and premiums were alot cheaper.

Courtland Lyons
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

They were cheap, reasonable and they worked with me dearly.

Michael Moss
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Major Billing issues. Insurance issues handled through a 3rd party agent is frustrating. Hate to see what happens if and when I need to file a claim.

Tina Toguchi
August 11th, 2017

Thank you for your feedback much appreciated I do a have travelers insurance and they are cheaper and they bill me monthly.