Culligan Logo
LAST UPDATED: October 21st, 2021
Culligan started in 1936 and has since become an industry leader. They strive to provide better water for homes, offices, restaurants, and industrial facilities around the world. Culligan initially provided water softening solutions for residences, but has since expanded to other industries. Culligan's water softeners have been awarded by the NSF, Water Quality Association, and Underwriters Laboratories. Additionally, Culligan has earned a Consumers Digest Best Buy award for the reliability of their products.

The Good

• Time in Business
  • Free In-home Water Testing
  • Products

Time in Business

Over the past 80 years that Culligan Water has been around, they have become one of the oldest water softener companies in the world. Their brand size has also grown to be very large. They have been established for years and have served thousands of customers worldwide.

Free In-home Water Testing

Culligan offers free water testing to see what exactly is in the water at your home. A water expert will come to your home and test the tap water right in your kitchen. The results vary based on each household, but it usually takes less than 10 minutes to finish the test. After the test, you will see the results and receive advice on which product to fix the problem.

Products

Culligan offers many different products and resources for customers to help with their specific water softener needs, and more. They have products and features for all types of budgets. The prices differ based on the different systems. Additionally, Culligan sells various different services and products in different markets. The three main industries Culligan serves are office, commercial, and industrial.

The Bad

• Installation Services
  • Undisclosed Information

Installation Services

Culligan only offers installation services based on location and certain products. Although you have the product shipped to your home, you have to ask whether installation services are available. If installation services are available in your area and with your product, you will have to pay an additional fee for installation.

Undisclosed Information

There is a lot of information that Culligan doesn't include on their website. They do not provide any information regarding contract length or a cancellation policy. Other industry competitors are very transparent when providing information about contracts. Usually there are month to month contracts or yearly contracts, but Culligan does not release this information on their website. Additionally, they do not disclose if they have a cancellation or refund policy regarding contracts. They also don't disclose information regarding coverage.

The Bottom Line

Culligan values customer satisfaction and providing quality service to their customers. Although they don't disclose information about contracts and installation services on their website, they offer good products for a reasonable price. We highly recommend Culligan for all water softener needs.

K.H. Tehachapi, CA

We had a Culligan water softener many, many years ago. This was back when you had to buy the 50 pound bags of salt for water softener machines, I’m not sure if you still need to buy the salt fo the machines or not. But I loved our water softener, your skin always felt nice and soft after shower, my clothes felt cleaner after washing them, and our dishes seemed to come out of the dishwasher better than without the water softener. Culligan made a great product back then, so I can only imagine the great water softener product they make now. I highly recommend Culligan to everyone looking for a water softener!!

Erinmarie Xian Seffner, FL

After carefully considering our options we decided to go with Culligan. We couldnt be happier with our water softener; we felt a difference right away and are hoping the experience continues to be a good one. We havent needed to call for service but I dont expect a problem in doing so. We purchased water softener in order to keep hard water build up from our black appliances.

Cc Chesterfield, VA

Our water has never been the same since we purchased our Culligan water softener. It almost feels like you added lotion to the water. You use a lot less soap and less detergent when you use your water softener. Our kids love the way the water feels! The salt is not expensive for what you get!

Marie Harnishfeger Bean Station, TN

From first call to finish a very professional company. Every detail explained up front. All questions answered. Installed by one of their expertly trained plumbers in a timely fashion. Great company to work with. Great price. And maintenance included!

Ashutosh Sharma Coppell, TX

I was looking for water softener in my Irving TX home after one of my faucet got bad and plumber told me that it's better to get a water softener as otherwise my plumbing lines will be impacted. Called Culligan - they were trying to oversell my products. They wanted to do the whole home filtration at the whooping price figure of $8500 with $500 discount. They were putting water softener as well as their Reverse osmosys unit. I told them only water softener. That alone was around $5780. I visited another neighbor who had this unit. I realized that product is good but just too expensive. I had in the past got the Fleck water softener installed - around 3 years back - all in less than $1000 and that too in Phoenix AZ where water softeners are really tested more vigorously than Irving TX. Culligan offered me payment plan but deal also didn't worked out. I went with a different brand and different installer which costs me overall $1550. I got it done July 2020. System is working fine for more than a year and I got it done at around 1/4th of the price what Culligan told me.

Autumn Lewiston, ID

Culligan has the best drinking water at a great rate. My office has a Culligan man deliver every other week because you cannot drink the tap water where I live. I highly recommend Culligan water.

Amrit Nandrey Brentwood, TN

Culligan water softener installation at my new home went very smoothly. The installers came on time and were done quickly. They were able to accommodate my request for install location. I'm happy with the product and usage so far (2.5+ years). It is a great product and I'd recommend getting it.

Rishard Krehe Orlando, FL

Excellent company with offices all over the country, helpful employees that help every step definitely the water experts and will be sure to use again, highly recommend.

Mike D Lynchburg, VA

This was an excellent water system using reverse osmosis. Did not need to purchase salt to add to the system. Also was given a large quantity of french milled soap which reduced that “slick” feeling. Definitely recommend

Angela Chesapeake, VA

We’ve had a culligan water softener in our home for about 9 years now. I notice it the most when I shower. The suds just seam to wash out easier and my hair is left softer than it was from before we had it. We also had one of their water osmosis systems put in our kitchen. I would definitely recommend that as well. I can taste the difference now. Our water just seams to taste cleaner than regular tap water.

Toni Montuori

Culligan was who I called after I purchased my home and needed a reliable and trusted source for my hard water concerns. They were prompt, courteous and professional.I was interested in a Reverse Osmosis system but didn’t know a lot about them. Culligan came thru! Scheduling the install was fast and the work was done expeditiously and cleanly. I was very pleased I called them.

Julia UP Southbury, CT

Great service. They installed our new water filtration system very quick and professional. Water tastes great. I highly recommend Culligan

Jason Bouwman Leander, TX

The salesman was knowledgeable with no pressure whatsoever. Install was quick and on time. I’ve had the unit for about a year and have had zero issues.

Jmarsh Macomb, MI

We use Culligan at our cabin up north to soften the well water. It is cost efficient and we have no complaints.

L Turner Avon, IN

Got a water system for my mom and she loved it. The rep was reliable and friendly. They were on time and installed the bottle for mom. Would absolutely recommend.

Paula Avon, IN

Have used Culligan for a few years now and have always had great service, professional customer service and installers. Would recommend 100%!

J. Garrett Lansing, MI

Culligan systems are the best! The associates are knowledgeable and so helpful! My family had a great experience with them!

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

Older well established water softener system,competitive prices,good quality system never an issue while in service

Bryce Wilcox CA

Little over priced. Return policy was a little limited. Water softener worked just fine. Seems like a quality product.

Will Mo Saint Clair Shores, MI

Good tasting water…as for the rest…not as tasty. We were offered very little help when it was time for us to get a new machine. We paid for the unit at least 4 times over for the years we rented it, tried to cancel the service but were given static at every turn. Finally we put their machine on the curb and purchased from another company.

Robyn Brady Kent, OH

We just had a water softener installed last week. We moved into a new house in November 2020 and noticed the white spots on everything and my skin was super dry. After speaking with several neighbors we realized the previous owners never installed a water softeners. We had several companies lined up for quotes but we knew the Culligan name and reputation. Wade, a 22 year employee, was amazing and the price was way less than we expected. Signed that day and the water softener was installed 5 days later. Our water is clean and clear and no more spots and white residue in the shower.

TONY Viola Boise, ID

Good national image. Trustworthy. Dependable.

Derek Barlow Broken Arrow, OK

Very good products helpful reliable customer service.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

Culligan water softeners has helped me to get the clean soft water for me and my family. It helps on corrosion of my pipes, great for washing clothes and I know that the impurities are gone.

Jim Miller

The water quality in my town is very bad. I ordered Culligan bottled water for a month and quickly found out it was to expensive for me. Back to the Brita filter which is substandard to reverse osmosis filtered water. Also my roommate, dog and I are no longer drinking 15 gallons of water per week

Ron Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

Very happy with my soft water system. Culligan is awesome and I will buy from them again. I really like the equipment as it seems to have no issues or require much service. When service is required the customer service team is on it and will help resolve issues and challenges.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

We compared prices and felt that Culligan was a little more expensive but trusted the name. We have been very happy with our decision.

Dave Brinton

Received several bids, and Culligan was the best value and service for the price

Vicki A Michaels

Have had it in my home for 12 years and it's been great!