TutorMe is an online service that offers both virtual tutoring and online test preparation courses. Their vision is to enhance the way the world learns. "TutorMe gives anyone with expertise the ability to share their knowledge and makes it unbelievably easy."

#2 Mathhelp.com chevron_right
4.1
#3 Studypool chevron_right

The Good

• Learning Tools
  • Tutor Availability
  • Subjects Offered
  • Tutor Qualifications

Learning Tools

TutorMe offers a variety of learning resources. With TutorMe, students can access video conferencing, audio and text chat, shared whiteboard space, and file sharing. The variety of options allows each student to find the tool that best fits his or her learning style.

Tutor Availability

TutorMe tutors are available to their students 24/7, 365. In less than three minutes, they can connect with an expert. Also, TutorMe allows their students to either choose their tutor or have TutorMe match them up with one. Most companies only offer one option.

Subjects Offered

TutorMe has one of the best varieties of subjects available in the tutoring industry. They cover basic courses such as English, science, math, and foreign languages, but they also offer subjects such as computer science, engineering, humanities, professions, and more. They offer a total of 299 subjects.

Tutor Qualifications

In order to become a tutor with TutorMe, applicants much have previous tutoring or teaching experience in addition to a mastery of the subjects tutored. Also, they need to be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited university. Tutors can find a long list of frequently asked questions about applying that can answer all qualification questions on the TutorMe website. Several competitors do not have any formal processes in place to hire tutors, so TutorMe shows a great level of reliability by having a process in place.

The Bad

• Pricing
  • No In-Person Tutoring

Pricing

They list their costs as $29.75/hour with their plan that includes four hours per month. Some competitors charge much lower hourly rates.

No In-Person Tutoring

Though TutorMe offers a variety of online services and tools they do not provide any in-person tutoring sessions. Students seeking a face-to-face tutoring experience will have to seek other companies.

The Bottom Line

We recommend TutorMe as a great option for online tutoring services. They have great resources and experts to help students across a wide variety of subjects. TutorMe requires their tutors to have both experience and expertise. Their availability also makes them a great choice for many customers. We suggest making sure their price is in your budget before making a decision.

Mateusz Swulinski

November 22nd, 2017 Edison, NJ

As a Tutor for TutorMe, I have been able to give back to the community by helping students work through questions, essay, and everything in between. The platform is quick and easy to use and the matching system is intuitive.

Chris Bailey

November 16th, 2017 Chiloquin, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TutorMe is incredible. I have tutors available at school but it is an hour drive there. TutorMe is a lifesaver for me. I can access it from home and get the help that I so desperately need to maintain a good grade. The tutors are always so helpful and make sure that you understand before you leave the lesson space. Thanks to all the helpful individuals that have assisted me. I would and always recommend TutorMe to my fellow classmates.

Akshay Kumar

November 15th, 2017 Indianapolis, IN

TutorMe is a great service for tutors and students alike. I have connected with a lot of students and helping them out whether it was a simple one question problem or an hour or two hour long session for a more conceptual understanding was very easy for me to do. They have a great platform that allows for whiteboard writing, file sharing, code editing, and general purpose text editing and all of it works seamlessly!

Emily Petrizzi

November 11th, 2017 Trumbull, CT

TutorMe is a great site to be a tutor on. The customer service is fast and reliable. There are ample opportunities to tutor students at all hours of the day. The pay is reliable and timely. I highly recommend anyone to use this site as a tutor or as a tutee.

DENIS GONZALEZ

November 10th, 2017

As a professional of distance education, I can assert that TutorMe is a great, original and very generous teaching environment for all of us who do educational work there. Tutors are required to give special treatment to students, while we have all the necessary tools to transmit our knowledge. It is a friendly system, easy to use, it is greatly enjoyed both learning and teaching.

Laura Gonzalez Mantecon

October 24th, 2017

Great site! The lesson space is really intuitive and versatile, and the interface in general is great. I have never used it as a student, but as a tutor, I love it because it allows you to choose your own hours and wait for a lesson opportunity. The pay is decent, and the only small complaint is that the number of students can be relatively low. Otherwise, students always end up very happy and all the feedback I've got from students I tutored is great!

kamal kamel

October 15th, 2017

TutorMe is the best thing that i have ever used to understand any subject that i have any trouble with. I hope more features added it will be great.

Chanelle H

October 14th, 2017

Best tutoring Service ever!! The tutors are patient and always willing to help.

Kiran Gangwani

October 14th, 2017

TutorMe is an awesome service, and while I cannot speak for the students, as a tutor I am a very happy employee! I feel genuinely productive, as I get to teach students in a personalized way because the Lesson Space is dynamic and I can choose what aspects to use while teaching. I also like the chat feature, where I can stay in touch with prior students, and maintain continuing relationships with some of them. I already have a few students I regularly help out. I only wish there was something in the interface to schedule future sessions with students, and an alerting system. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

Hemant Kumar

October 11th, 2017

Tutoring has never been better. Excellent tutor-student interaction via audio, video chat and also with the help of interactive whiteboard which enables both sides to write. Well qualified tutors along with excellent support team of TutorMe. Hemant Kumar

Savannah Mack

October 10th, 2017 Saratoga Springs, UT

My tutors were amazing!! Thanks to my tutors; Kianat Z., Shauna A, Nina M. and Kennady P. Thanks again guys. :) Love this service I will use it again and again!! :D

Symphony M.

October 9th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I love this program. I wasn't doing very well if a few of my classes and now I am.

Joseph Reyna

October 7th, 2017 Columbus, OH

As a tutor, I thoroughly enjoy the clients that use this site. A majority of them want to learn the material opposed to having you do the work for them. My rating is an 8 and not a 10 for this site due to the first come first serve basis for jobs which in my opinion has some people matched with under qualified tutors.

Sam Jiang

October 7th, 2017 Boston, MA

Turtorme: A very helpful, supportive and productive platform, which gives me the help whenever I need it 24/7, helped me solved a lots of homework issue and is just good to have someone who already know the content and you can just go right ahead and ask them any academically questions. I am very glad I found this platform Turtorme, and it has been extremely helpful since I use it. Hopes that solve everyone else problems too!

Billy E.

September 28th, 2017 Nashville, TN

Awesome Service The services that TutorMe provided were beneficial and straight forward. The tutors seemed to be well rounded and personable to work with and great with delivering the information that you asked for. I well continue to use these service in the future.

Pierre Pomeroy

September 28th, 2017

The tutors definitely knew what they were doing. They also stayed with me for as long as I needed them, or as long as they could stay up at night. Very dependable and very knowledgeable. I would recommend this to anyone who needed help with anything in their schoolwork. Pierre

Tiara

September 20th, 2017

TutorMe, is a great service! The tutors on there are very friendly and helpful, and that's what you need when you have a stressful assignment you're having trouble with. TutorMe does not limit you on what subject they can help you on either ! I am a proud user of TutorMe :)

Alec Jordan

September 19th, 2017 Nottingham, MD

Great, service. You can get help with any subject, Tutors are fast and efficient. The site is also very well designed. The price is fair and there is a satisfaction guarantee.

Mehrnaz Siavoshi

September 12th, 2017

This is a great company to work for because I can build my own schedule and pick up sessions whenever I have free time.

Eric Horng

September 11th, 2017 South Pasadena, CA

I work as a tutor on the TutorMe platform. I'm enjoying my time as a tutor so far. I get a steady flow of students every day, so I've been able to form relationships with some of them. The lesson space is really great, there's a whiteboard, a text editor, a code editor, and a file sharer, which is everything I need and more to teach programming, math, and physics. PROS: Lesson Space is very well developed, has many media to hold lessons Simple Interface, easy to find things Weekly payout via Paypal One button to switch between Tutor and Student mode (Unique!) Chats to connect with past and current students CONS: Low Pay ($18/hr) is lower than most other sites Uber style matching means tutors have to sit and wait on the site for tutors to come by Relatively low student to tutor ratio as of September 2017 Desktop Notifications push too slowly, by the time I click on the notification the lesson is usually gone No incentives for great teaching - No bonuses or even online achievements / badges No way to set up future or reoccurring appointments with students No features of top-performing tutors No testing / verification of tutor knowledge of subject areas

Ridge Durrant

September 4th, 2017 West Jordan, UT

Great tutor platform with an easy system

Xiqing Li

August 31st, 2017 Minneapolis, MN

It is good company and flexibility to work as a tutor.

Ruby Straaten

August 4th, 2017 Sandy, UT

Unfortunately I have to leave a terrible review. Let me just start off by saying that the tutors are awesome! They are really helpful and know how to relate to the student. That being said their customer service is terrible. I cancelled my membership and they still charged me. When I tried to contact them to talk to them about my account, the only way to contact them is through their chat. After I sent them a chat message it took them 3 days to even respond and then 1 week from there to tell me that they weren't going to help me out. I also asked them to provide me an email or phone number that I could contact. Their contact page gives out no phone number and the email that I sent was never returned. The tutors that I had been working with even tried to help me contact the customer service and they had no luck as well. I wish that their customer service was better and that I could use them for my future educational endeavors but alas they have left me with a bitter taste. I will NEVER recommend that anybody use this service.

TutorMe Logo

Reply from TutorMe

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Ruby, we are terribly sorry your experience with TutorMe was less than perfect. I am not able to see any messages from "Ruby Straaten". Please email us at so we can make this right.

Uche Agbogwu

August 2nd, 2017

Good place, the tutors are highly qualified and do their best to be relatable with students.

Moustapha

August 1st, 2017

The provided service is awesome, sessions are delivered professionally with high quality features.

Sabrina Rainsbury

July 31st, 2017 Riverside, CA

I have only recently become apart of the TutorMe team, but immediately I have understood that TutorMe is a unique and beneficial experience. TutorMe, for it's tutors, is extremely simple to use. The Lesson Space is incredibly useful and has many KEY features needed during a successful tutoring session. Though students on many tutoring sites merely search for answers, TutorMe students understand the value of conceptual learning and don't mind using time to assure that they thoroughly understand the concept at hand.

Elizabeth Pelletier

July 7th, 2017 Framingham, MA

TutorMe has provided great additional income for me. The only drawback is the limited amount of students compared to the surplus of tutors. The customer support is 100% responsive and the students are great! Not only does this help the student increase their success while learning but also helps the student and tutor build rapor to better fit the student's needs.

Prasoon

June 21st, 2017

I have been a tutor at this website for almost a year now. They do have the best lesson space out there which loads very quickly and is very easy to use. They have really nice management team as well who are open to suggestions and have a mindset of problem solving. One suggestion from my side would be to test and try the new feature offline thoroughly before making them live cos untested features may create problem while giving a live lesson to students. Keep up the good work and looking forward to change the way people learn. :)

trinity ncube

June 14th, 2017

discriminated against when i applied to tutor on their platform.I genuinely felt that i had better experience and qualifications that a lot of their current tutors.When i kindly asked for reasons for my application rejection ,i was totally ignored. Interestingly ,they still advertise to me to be a student on their platform ,despite the fact that i am doing my doctoral studies.

Sagnik Dutta

April 27th, 2017

It's an awesome site for students who need help in studies. Tutors all over the world are ready to tutor students 24*7. From a tutor point of view it is good site as part time job. Best thing is the customer service of this site. They always try to help u every possible way.

Pallav R.

April 27th, 2017

Tutorme.com is an excellent platform for students who wish understand a subject, clear their doubts, or need some quick guidance with homework. Tutorme provides cutting edge tech to the users to enhance learning.I have been online Tutor for over 6 months now, and the Tutorme "whiteboard" is the best tool I have encountered so far for online teaching and learning, you can talk to your tutor via video and audio chat. You can setup your own lesson timings, learn at your own pace. Tutorme is the epitome of customer service and good teaching/learning environment. I recommend everyone reading this review to at least try this service for once, and then see it for yourself.

Elidia Perez

April 27th, 2017 Vader, WA

TutorMe is great! A tutor is literally at your finger tips when you need one right away:)

Michelle

April 26th, 2017

Tutor me is the best tutor system I have used ever! The tutors are so knowledgeable they're very patient and very helpful. They don't just give you the answers they make you figure it out and teach you how to apply your knowledge to get the answer. Hands-down it's the best tutoring system!

Ali Asghar Syyed

April 26th, 2017

I have been tutoring in this site since December 2016. The classroom is very sharp and easy to use by both the students and tutors. I recommend any student who wants to improve their grades in science courses to try out TutorMe. Hope to see you guys there!

Mark C.

April 26th, 2017 Van Nuys, CA

TutorMe has by far the best tutors available on the web. I was close to failing my Chemistry class, and TutorMe's tutors worked with me to get an A on my final. They are available 24/7. Seriously. I worked with tutors at 8am, 10pm, and 3am. They are available instantly, around the clock. It's unbelievable. I will continue to use them when I need help. Thank you TutorMe!