Studypool Logo

6.0

LAST UPDATED: October 13th, 2021
Studypool allows students to collaborate on answers for different assignments, questions, and papers. First, students are able to post to a question with a time limit and price range. Next, different tutors will bid on the question and the poster gets to choose whose help they want to hire. Essentially, tutors are bidding for jobs by posting the best response to the question. While this is an unconventional method for tutoring, it may be a good option for college age students.

TutorMe Logo
#1 TutorMe chevron_right
Mathhelp.com Logo
#2 Mathhelp.com chevron_right
Course Hero Logo
#3 Course Hero chevron_right
4.1

The Good

• 24/7 Accessibility
  • Certified Tutors
  • Live Tutoring Sessions Available

24/7 Accessibility

Students are able to post questions at any time of the day. Once their question is posted, tutors bid on the question to get the job. Since it's all online and jobs are completed through posting questions, students are able to receive help at all hours of the day. Studypool makes it easy for students to find help for their questions. Studypool also provides a "notebank" for those students looking for quick or personal study help.

Certified Tutors

Studypool holds each tutor to high standards. In order to become a tutor for Studypool, you must have a higher degree or be a college student. Tutors are able to work on their own time and bid on questions in their area of expertise. A highlight to Studypool's system is that tutors will bid on questions they are experts in, so students know they are receiving professional help.

Live Tutoring Sessions

If posting a question isn't enough, students are able to schedule a live tutoring session. This extra help allows students to work with a certified tutor for more in-depth assistance. Students are able to get more help on a specific subject and dive deeper into a topic than one question would allow.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Pricing
  • Limited Pool of Students
  • Unclear Subjects

Undisclosed Pricing

Since students choose the price range for their questions, pricing changes from question to question. It simply depends on how much the student is willing to pay. However, students could be spending more per question than if they went with a monthly subscription service.

Limited Pool of Students

Studypool is centered around students posting questions and tutors bidding on them. While this is a good option for college aged students, this system would not work for most high school or younger students.

Unclear Subjects

Once again, since this platform is based on questions asked by students, there is no real subject structure for students to turn to. A student could post a question in a subject matter that no tutors are trained in, therefore receiving no help.

The Bottom Line

Studypool provides a unique tutoring platform geared toward college aged students. Students post questions and wait to receive bids from tutors. While this may be a convenient form of help for college students, it seems as though it would not be the most effective method for younger students. We recommend looking into Studypool for college aged kids, but suggest looking elsewhere for more structured tutoring programs for younger students.

Ana Karen Tampa, FL

This site delivers a pleasant experience. They easily connect you with the best possible tutor. I had a problem with a payment that was charged twice, the same tutor told me to reach out for support and it was resolved in less than an hour.

Danielle Kansas City, MO

The journey in the field of tutoring in studypool has been easier than I ever thought. There are lots of students posting questions of different subjects so I only place a bid in the questions am sure of answering. I can pick as many orders as possible and I become my own boss. There is no limitation in the number of orders a tutor can pick, this has made my work even more enjoyable.

Kingmarty Dee Kansas City, MO

Studpool is by far the best online tutoring account to work with; they value their students and have great consideration for their tutors. The earnings are on the higher side when comparing with other platforms. I was a private tutor before the pandemic hit and schools closed, and since then, I've been working with the students on Studpool. It has created a means of income for me. I can't regret. Helpful and worth the time I have spent on it. Thank you, Studypool :)

Maria Cilento Wilmington, DE

Amazing company for students and tutors. Students are able to pick their tutor that is specific to their needs and Studypool has stringent quality control measures for tutors. Tutors are able to work whenever necessary and do very well. I recommend this company!!

Victoria Katheryne Billings, MT

I've worked with Studypool for about 4 years now total, and I can confidently say its one of the most worthwhile jobs I've had. It's a great way to make money while also helping students + learning something new everyday along the way as a tutor in subjects you already love. I get to tutor in Geology from home - seriously, couldn't be a better set up.

Grace Wicks Columbus, OH

Studypool is a great service for students and tutors to use. With an easy-to-use platform, Studypool can be used by students to have any questions they have answered while also providing tutors with excellent sources of work. The way that Studypool works is what I love about working at Studypool. I have been working at Studypool for a little over a year now and I love the flexibility I have in making my own schedule and completing assignments that best suit my expertise. Studypool has a feature where it tells you whether or not you need to reply to a student, a tutor, or when to submit answers, making them highly reliable and accountable. I love working here and will continue to do so for a long time!

Jonathan Duboise

StudyPool enables tutors and learners to work together, whereby students can access learning help and materials conveniently. The tutors are experienced, courteous, and extremely helpful to students in need of help with their studies. The tutors provide comprehensive answers and are always available to update you on the status of your task. They will also revise your work if in need of amendments. In short, you get value for what you pay. I highly recommend the platform to anyone seeking help with their academic work.

Francis Mejia Miami, FL

This is a company that has succeeded after implementing a great concept for tutoring. Users would get quick and accurate answers on crucial topics or struggling times. A fair rate system has been established as well as clear guidelines for both student and tutors side. Users can really get a grasp on the site's tone as well as having access to great study material.

Lleyton Dallas, TX

The tutoring experience was really decent. Quick to respond and provided what seemed a very professional tutoring session. They do honor their micro tutoring reputation as I just had 5 questions which where answered by 5 different tutors.

James Collins Dallas, TX

A super solid platform with terrific support which is constantly growing and updating. It's very easy to understand and they offer many tools to their tutors to make their work very engaging. Interactions with tutors are very smooth and the payment system they offer is fair.

Amanda K Colombo, 11

Studypool is a great platform for student-tutors to earn cash by sharing their knowledge. The working hours are flexible and the payment is fair. Dispute handling is fair and the overall site is user-friendly. Hard-working tutors are appreciated and rewarded with benefits. I would recommend the site to anyone looking to make some extra cash by sharing their knowledge.

Emilia Zimmerman ,

Studypool is a decent tutoring platform found on the internet. A decent number of students to tutor from, lots of tutoring subjects to choose from, a quick sign-up process and a fair evaluation system. Many tutoring platforms have existed through the years, however this one has proven to be one of the few honest, reliable and that has delivered all of what is stated.

Christina Russell ,

Their wide range of tutors excel at providing very professional tutoring sessions. This gives their users a feeling of trustworthiness and reliability when it comes to look for help in this site. The last thing that I would like to point out is that their support staff is very attentive and they make sure to address all needs in order to ensure a great user experience.

Charley W Gevneuvon Los Angeles, CA

My experience was pretty good. As a new student on the platform, and currently taking a few AP courses, I do need help with some smaller tasks that I thought an online tutor could help me with. The way SP is set up is that they let me choose who I want to work with which is great because I get to choose my own price, but I do believe the more expensive you go the better tutor you get which makes sense. I kinda disagree with the overall feedback on this page because it mentions that pricing is undisclosed, which isn't true, students pick their price so basically we have more control which is better.

Brian Austin, TX

Hello there! Studypool is one of the best online platforms that aid students handle their assignments at an affordable cost. Personally, I have used the platform since I was in high school. This has enabled me to achieve success in my various areas of study. To all my fellow students, don’t be cheated! Studpool is the real deal. You will never regret using the site because its ever equipped with ethical, learned, professional, and dedicated tutors who are always committed to offering the best to the students. All your money is secure until you prove the work is fantastic. Come join me! And we will succeed together. Brian St.

Chris Bernanrd Chicago, IL

Had no trouble finding a great language tutor. I recently received an email from them saying that they added a new section of foreign languages, and they definitely met my expectations. Great job, great tutoring platform.

Marita Gates Almuñécar, GR

Studypool is a great platform to earn extra money. It is important to keep in mind that your earnings are directly proportional to the amount of time and effort you spend. The platform itself works very well and the rules are very clear. Occasionally you may get a difficult student, but for the most part, it has been a positive experience

Pamela Luich Cleveland, OH

Studypool has a lot of tutors who are available at all times in order to answer questions. All types of questions are able to be answered by the knowledgeable tutors and you can pick your own price.

Armin Rezaei Mansfield, TX

Studypool is the most helpful website for students out there needing academic help. With a countless number of tutors in pretty much every field, you can count on Studypool to help you when you're ina bind! You can find good tutors and build an excellent professional relationship and know that you will ALWAYS find help when you need it.

Ritayu , NC

StudyPool is a great place for tutors to help students and at the same time earn decent income. I have been working at StudyPool for more than 7 months and flexible timings and large student base makes it a great place to work.

Johnny B Managua, MN

When you need professional tutoring help you don't want to take chances with the quality of hepl you will receive. Studypool offers expert tutors from some of the finest universities and versed in all genres and levels of academia. Simply put, they have a whole lot of smart people willing to help you at a moments notice, prompt, polite and professional service available 24/7 and at reasonable rates. From high school level classes to post-grad work, you'll find a tutor with the experience and expertise you need.

ilir tora ,

Studypool is the best for solving questions. i have used couple of times Studypool for my school questions and i have taken to all full points. you can find there tutors that are very well prepared and very cheap. i highly suggest to any student who find it difficult for solving their homework. If you need a second teacher go and choose Studypool and you will not be disappointed.

Rye M New York, NY

I always believe that Studypool prides itself with accurately verifying the academic background of its tutors. Nobody can easily lie about these information. This is the reason why I feel very secured whenever I get help from Studypool. And I crunch every time I get an incredibly well-written paper and my conscience forces me to pay extra for a job well done. I always get good quality work with Studypool.

Kenneth Njau Nairobi, 30

This being my last semester, I must give a shout out to the tutor team at Studypool. There's nothing as stressful as having to juggle between a crammed semester and a busy work schedule. A friend of mine told me about Studypool and the services they offer. I gave it a go and I was amused. I got my first assignment done in record time. The tutors I have since worked with have delivered top notch work. Support is available especially to help you sort out disagreements that may arise. The culture is warm and diverse.

Vee Shiro Nairobi, 30

Ever since I joined Studypool, I have been able to keep up with schoolwork. Not only have I been able to deliver assignments on time but I’ve also been able to get great grades thanks to the knowledgeable tutors at Studypool. The whole process itself is also really easy making it flexible enough for come backs on other assignments. A five star is truly deserved.

Alejandra Metairie, LA

Loving the new bookguides, and I can't believe they are free! Pretty much every favorite author is on here and so much more organized as guides SHOULD be. It would be great if we can download some of these guides since I'm on mobile most of the time during class. I can't believe other websites actually charge for this and it's totally free to SP, great find for me and wanted to share the love.

Ninfa Esp San Pedro Sula, CR

English tutors are amazing, I think they are from UK because of writing skills very very great! I hope I get to meet them personally or travel to UK. My favorite English tutors are here on Studypool but also Chegg because of different nationalities which helps learn from different accents. Studypool although is much cheaper and same quality tutors. I don't really dislike anything besides no video but I see others have posted same thing, I feel like there is so much more to discover on website tools.

Gaby S. Kenner, LA

The tech team does a great job or communicating. So I recently had a small issue with my account balance which was really random, but serious to me because I can use my student balance for purchases - before I reported I actually had a notification in my email letting me know the issue was being resolved. Very proactive and hoping most companies were like this. I do enjoy the tutoring services as well.

Dobbysmama Cincinnati, OH

I heard that one of my classmates was working with a tutor from studypool but I thought the site only works on a regular schedule (like from 8 to 5pm). I usually do my homework at night, so I never wanted to use it, until the day that I had just a couple of days to make a SWOT Analysis for my marketing class it was 10 pm. I check if the service was available and surprisingly it was, I found out it works 24 hours. I had to pay more than I expected but it was worth it and I found a tutor who guided me with a couple of things I wasn’t sure about the project. He knew about the topic so I felt confident. It was a good experience to be the first time I used it.

Nani Banegas

Hands down my fav thing is private question feature - my privacy stands as my number one priority with ANY website and sites who don't offer any support or features that enables privacy is an embarrassment. only one suggestion: they should make an option to make this my default setting instead of a manual on. enjoying the recent updates to their study guide pages too, way more now than few months ago, they seem to be getting their customers!

Michael McGillicutty

I believe there has to be some balance as tutor when working with each student. I don't think winning a tutoring session isn't the challenge and instead it's the work distribution. I have worked with over 50+ students already have been issued multiple sanctions because of policies breach but it's EXTREMELY challeneging handling this many students. I would like to see an effort be put towards allowing us tutors to extend deadlines without all these permissions needed. Thanks you for listening.

Heidy Mejia

I signed up today to see what’s the deal. I was kinda lost at first but the guys over at Customer Support were kind enough to send me some info and instructions on how to post help for questions- it's super easy to be honest and they reply to me pretty quickly. I didn’t find their mini help center at first, but it’s pretty neat glad I found it as they have lots of subjects to work with and lots of policies to get familiarized with. I’m currently waiting for a few tutors so hoping to work with them soon.

Emma Jimenez Austin, TX

Studypool book guides have actually been really helpful with a few projects I've worked with recently. It's hard to find the complete information elsewhere, which usually, very few websites include the full motifs, and symbols of the books and the info is pretty messy. These guides have some neat infographics too for each guide (which I've used in my projects). I'd say Cliffnotes and Studypool are some of my fav right now for literary guides.

Max Stevens

It has been great! Lots of tutoring options and help is very easy to find! Studypool offers help whether you have a long term assignment or you are in a rush to finish up a very complex homework! It has a vast variety of tutors and options were every subject has its match. Whether you are looking for something as small as a math problem or as big as a literature essay, Studypool meets your expectations!

Astral Civet Dublin, L

Fantastic way to work from home when you’re like me and high risk from COVID. Means the world to have an income during these times. Studypool offer amazing support for tutors and I couldn’t recommend them enough

Daniel Gradiz Tegucigalpa, FM

I really liked the tutoring experience over Studypool. There are a lot of jobs were engaged students need help with explanations, improving their skills on certain subjects, and you are also given the opportunity to provide feedback on how other tutors help their students.

Jonathan Clayton Mayor Secaucus, NJ

Phenomenal experience! I received tutoring for Calculus & English courses last month and was very satisfied with my final progress and how my GPA improved. Tutors are greatly-qualified & capable of tutoring in a remote environment while still making the student feel comfortable.

James O. Dallas, TX

Overall had a great experience working with their tutors. They seem to keep strict protocols to choose their tutors as they treat you with a lot of professionalism and make sure you get the help you are requesting. My three tasks submitted were answered in less than an hour.

Ivy Nairobi, 30

Studypool has been of great help to me as a student, during my undergraduate studies the company tremendously helped me sky rocket my grades. Additionally, their tutors are very friendly and offer assistance at anytime be it during the day or at night.

Hideki Sassuki

As foreign student and luckily, I found a great tutor who speaks my language as well. She is been THE BEST at not only being patient, but also at cheering me up at getting better with my english, I feel confident working with her. Oh! And lets not forget about the fact that they are flexible with your budget when it comes to asking questions

Daniela Cervantes New York, NY

review: please make your yt videos a little more engaging! It’s great that you do book overviews, but make them more engaging. we have so many options nowadays, you don’t need a camera to have high quality videos. Your video-study guides are neat and I’m sure they are for many other students, but I think you can with the improve video and audio quality. I’m not focusing on the people in the videos.

Amalia New Orleans, LA

Please make more discounts for struggling students. There is not enough incentive for for returning customers, I've been using SP for 2 years now! Refer a friend only give small amount, since I only post and work with high value tutors. Holidays is around the corner so please create a program to incentivize users like me, who also add word of mouth value

Alejandra Perez Fontana, CA

My ENG course papers and studyguide which I've mainly purchased from Studypool, have been ok. Usable,but sometimes documents don't match here and there with titles. Nevertheless, I've never gotten any push back from the support guys when requesting refund(s), the policy seems to stick to the costumer being 100% satisfied which is really why I keep going back.

Leonardo Zuniga Riverside, CA

They should add video, instead of just tutoring sessions. How much more of a convenience would it be to actually talk to the tutor you're working with? I think I would actually use the site more if that was an actual feature. Time zones is always an issue for me, so I would just like to knock off the session with a call instead of back and forth. Make it happen guys.

Laura Medina Long Island City, NY

Many students like me who work and go to school, benefit a lot from platforms like Studypool and use the site quite frequently because the tutors are good. The only suggestion I'd like to make is to offer more discounts or help out with costs for returning students like me, and who are active quite a bit (like some sort of VIP list of student with exclusive discounts). I've already worked with more than 8 tutors since the school year started.

Josue Valladarez San Francisco, CA

They should make it available for Android users, I see Studypool is available in iTunes so hopefully that is on their agenda. Most of the time when I do need help I'm on my phone andanwhen it's when I receive my assignments so it'll be great if the app can be used for Android so I can proactively post what I need help with and basically have everything ready when I hit my laptop.

Burchu

Studypool experience has been great, they offer an excellent platform for freelancers with a higher wage rate, in time Payment, 24/7 support and all possible assistance that increase the creativity of a writer. I love the customer support and how queries are attended to.

Kostantine Alexandrou

I had a couple of assignments to submit on short deadlines. A friend suggested I try studypool. The tutor assigned to work on my statistics task did not disappoint. Although the tutor charged me above my budget, it was worth it. It is almost an year now and every time I have huge workload, I get some assistance from the site.

Had

The best thing about the site is the pricing because someone can work with whatever budget they have . the disadvantage with this though is that the higher the price the more likely to find quality help and vise-vasa. Secondly, there is time flexibility, one can allocate any amount of time they have and they will get answers. Finally, one is given an option to choose from a wide variety of tutors. However, the support of the site is a bit low

Bonface Ogega

Studypool delivers before the deadline, offers services at affordable prices. I have used Studypool for two years now and I love the best services. I am always serviced with best tutors. When I have a problem, customer helps me ASAP.