Studypool allows students to collaborate on answers for different assignments, questions, and papers. First, students are able to post to a question with a time limit and price range. Next, different tutors will bid on the question and the poster gets to choose whose help they want to hire. Essentially, tutors are bidding for jobs by posting the best response to the question. While this is an unconventional method for tutoring, it may be a good option for college age students.

#1 TutorMe chevron_right
#2 Mathhelp.com chevron_right
2.8
3.8

The Good

• 24/7 Accessibility
  • Certified Tutors
  • Live Tutoring Sessions Available

24/7 Accessibility

Students are able to post questions at any time of the day. Once their question is posted, tutors bid on the question to get the job. Since it's all online and jobs are completed through posting questions, students are able to receive help at all hours of the day. Studypool makes it easy for students to find help for their questions. Studypool also provides a "notebank" for those students looking for quick or personal study help.

Certified Tutors

Studypool holds each tutor to high standards. In order to become a tutor for Studypool, you must have a higher degree or be a college student. Tutors are able to work on their own time and bid on questions in their area of expertise. A highlight to Studypool's system is that tutors will bid on questions they are experts in, so students know they are receiving professional help.

Live Tutoring Sessions

If posting a question isn't enough, students are able to schedule a live tutoring session. This extra help allows students to work with a certified tutor for more in-depth assistance. Students are able to get more help on a specific subject and dive deeper into a topic than one question would allow.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Pricing
  • Limited Pool of Students
  • Unclear Subjects

Undisclosed Pricing

Since students choose the price range for their questions, pricing changes from question to question. It simply depends on how much the student is willing to pay. However, students could be spending more per question than if they went with a monthly subscription service.

Limited Pool of Students

Studypool is centered around students posting questions and tutors bidding on them. While this is a good option for college aged students, this system would not work for most high school or younger students.

Unclear Subjects

Once again, since this platform is based on questions asked by students, there is no real subject structure for students to turn to. A student could post a question in a subject matter that no tutors are trained in, therefore receiving no help.

The Bottom Line

Studypool provides a unique tutoring platform geared toward college aged students. Students post questions and wait to receive bids from tutors. While this may be a convenient form of help for college students, it seems as though it would not be the most effective method for younger students. We recommend looking into Studypool for college aged kids, but suggest looking elsewhere for more structured tutoring programs for younger students.

3.8

Josue Valladarez
August 8th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

They should make it available for Android users, I see Studypool is available in iTunes so hopefully that is on their agenda. Most of the time when I do need help I'm on my phone andanwhen it's when I receive my assignments so it'll be great if the app can be used for Android so I can proactively post what I need help with and basically have everything ready when I hit my laptop.

Heidy Mejia
July 30th, 2019 DETAILS

I signed up today to see what’s the deal. I was kinda lost at first but the guys over at Customer Support were kind enough to send me some info and instructions on how to post help for questions- it's super easy to be honest and they reply to me pretty quickly. I didn’t find their mini help center at first, but it’s pretty neat glad I found it as they have lots of subjects to work with and lots of policies to get familiarized with. I’m currently waiting for a few tutors so hoping to work with them soon.

Emma Jimenez
July 30th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Studypool book guides have actually been really helpful with a few projects I've worked with recently. It's hard to find the complete information elsewhere, which usually, very few websites include the full motifs, and symbols of the books and the info is pretty messy. These guides have some neat infographics too for each guide (which I've used in my projects). I'd say Cliffnotes and Studypool are some of my fav right now for literary guides.

Micael James Pontillo
July 23rd, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Was hoping to find a tutor to help with spanish homework, but didn't find any, or at least none that could of helped me with my spanish 2 exam. This is the third tutoring site this weekend and still no luck finding a native spanish teacher to help... I hope someone checks this out because I was willing to pay a lot of money to help me with this test...

Raquel Montegolla
July 19th, 2019 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS

Some feedback on Notebank notes... came across studypool from a few friends who have only used Coursehero for buy notes, and found out you can buy notes on studypool as well. However, not totally convinced yet after buying a few notes since it took me a while to find. CH has better organization, the quality of the documents are much better on Studypool they are just harder to locate

Charley W Gevneuvon
July 18th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

My experience was pretty good. As a new student on the platform, and currently taking a few AP courses, I do need help with some smaller tasks that I thought an online tutor could help me with. The way SP is set up is that they let me choose who I want to work with which is great because I get to choose my own price, but I do believe the more expensive you go the better tutor you get which makes sense. I kinda disagree with the overall feedback on this page because it mentions that pricing is undisclosed, which isn't true, students pick their price so basically we have more control which is better.

Robert_F
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I have been working for studypool since day. It is great to see how the site is evolving, great support from the Executive Management Team. Thanks Rich W, Rich y and Kinny for all your help and support

Max Stevens
February 21st, 2019 DETAILS

It has been great! Lots of tutoring options and help is very easy to find! Studypool offers help whether you have a long term assignment or you are in a rush to finish up a very complex homework! It has a vast variety of tutors and options were every subject has its match. Whether you are looking for something as small as a math problem or as big as a literature essay, Studypool meets your expectations!

Burchu
January 18th, 2019

Studypool experience has been great, they offer an excellent platform for freelancers with a higher wage rate, in time Payment, 24/7 support and all possible assistance that increase the creativity of a writer. I love the customer support and how queries are attended to.

Brian
January 18th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Hello there! Studypool is one of the best online platforms that aid students handle their assignments at an affordable cost. Personally, I have used the platform since I was in high school. This has enabled me to achieve success in my various areas of study. To all my fellow students, don’t be cheated! Studpool is the real deal. You will never regret using the site because its ever equipped with ethical, learned, professional, and dedicated tutors who are always committed to offering the best to the students. All your money is secure until you prove the work is fantastic. Come join me! And we will succeed together. Brian St.

Kostantine Alexandrou
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I had a couple of assignments to submit on short deadlines. A friend suggested I try studypool. The tutor assigned to work on my statistics task did not disappoint. Although the tutor charged me above my budget, it was worth it. It is almost an year now and every time I have huge workload, I get some assistance from the site.

Jessica
January 17th, 2019 Denton, MD DETAILS

I can't get my payment go though wtf. This really piss me off. I needed help get my paper. This needs to get fix

Had
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

The best thing about the site is the pricing because someone can work with whatever budget they have . the disadvantage with this though is that the higher the price the more likely to find quality help and vise-vasa. Secondly, there is time flexibility, one can allocate any amount of time they have and they will get answers. Finally, one is given an option to choose from a wide variety of tutors. However, the support of the site is a bit low

Bonface Ogega
January 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Studypool delivers before the deadline, offers services at affordable prices. I have used Studypool for two years now and I love the best services. I am always serviced with best tutors. When I have a problem, customer helps me ASAP.

angela
October 5th, 2018 Merrick, NY DETAILS

Terrible. I was desperate and payed 25 dollars for the answer to one basic accounting question that I didn't have the time to do and it was due that night. They provided me with a completely wrong answer that wasn't even in the same format as the question and was missing several parts. It asked me right away if i was satistfied with the purchase or wanted a refund, obviously I said i wanted a refund and heard nothing back. I wrote 3 emails and send in a personal complaint to customer service and still have yet to hear anything back. Don't waste your money on this site!!!!!

Ashley Rae Harness
March 27th, 2017

The bloggers that post these reviews are paid to do it by Studypool, because their company sucks, and pretty much anyone who's tried it, knows that. The spin artist, Amber K, is floating around review sites telling everyone how much they care, --but I can guarantee you, as a tutor, this is not how you get treated by their staff once you sign up. McDonald's employees are more professional and personable than those people, with much better customer service skills. The biggest difference, is that the people who work fast food, actually know how to do their jobs. Avoid Studypool, and read user reviews, not bloggers paid to review them.