Studypool allows students to collaborate on answers for different assignments, questions, and papers. First, students are able to post to a question with a time limit and price range. Next, different tutors will bid on the question and the poster gets to choose whose help they want to hire. Essentially, tutors are bidding for jobs by posting the best response to the question. While this is an unconventional method for tutoring, it may be a good option for college age students.

#1 TutorMe chevron_right
#2 Mathhelp.com chevron_right

The Good

• 24/7 Accessibility
  • Certified Tutors
  • Live Tutoring Sessions Available

24/7 Accessibility

Students are able to post questions at any time of the day. Once their question is posted, tutors bid on the question to get the job. Since it's all online and jobs are completed through posting questions, students are able to receive help at all hours of the day. Studypool makes it easy for students to find help for their questions. Studypool also provides a "notebank" for those students looking for quick or personal study help.

Certified Tutors

Studypool holds each tutor to high standards. In order to become a tutor for Studypool, you must have a higher degree or be a college student. Tutors are able to work on their own time and bid on questions in their area of expertise. A highlight to Studypool's system is that tutors will bid on questions they are experts in, so students know they are receiving professional help.

Live Tutoring Sessions

If posting a question isn't enough, students are able to schedule a live tutoring session. This extra help allows students to work with a certified tutor for more in-depth assistance. Students are able to get more help on a specific subject and dive deeper into a topic than one question would allow.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Pricing
  • Limited Pool of Students
  • Unclear Subjects

Undisclosed Pricing

Since students choose the price range for their questions, pricing changes from question to question. It simply depends on how much the student is willing to pay. However, students could be spending more per question than if they went with a monthly subscription service.

Limited Pool of Students

Studypool is centered around students posting questions and tutors bidding on them. While this is a good option for college aged students, this system would not work for most high school or younger students.

Unclear Subjects

Once again, since this platform is based on questions asked by students, there is no real subject structure for students to turn to. A student could post a question in a subject matter that no tutors are trained in, therefore receiving no help.

The Bottom Line

Studypool provides a unique tutoring platform geared toward college aged students. Students post questions and wait to receive bids from tutors. While this may be a convenient form of help for college students, it seems as though it would not be the most effective method for younger students. We recommend looking into Studypool for college aged kids, but suggest looking elsewhere for more structured tutoring programs for younger students.

Missy19

March 30th, 2020 North Bergen, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service are responsive. This makes working with them easier.

Rye M

March 22nd, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always believe that Studypool prides itself with accurately verifying the academic background of its tutors. Nobody can easily lie about these information. This is the reason why I feel very secured whenever I get help from Studypool. And I crunch every time I get an incredibly well-written paper and my conscience forces me to pay extra for a job well done. I always get good quality work with Studypool.

Kenneth Njau

March 17th, 2020 Nairobi, 30 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This being my last semester, I must give a shout out to the tutor team at Studypool. There's nothing as stressful as having to juggle between a crammed semester and a busy work schedule. A friend of mine told me about Studypool and the services they offer. I gave it a go and I was amused. I got my first assignment done in record time. The tutors I have since worked with have delivered top notch work. Support is available especially to help you sort out disagreements that may arise. The culture is warm and diverse.

Vee Shiro

February 4th, 2020 Nairobi, 30 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ever since I joined Studypool, I have been able to keep up with schoolwork. Not only have I been able to deliver assignments on time but I’ve also been able to get great grades thanks to the knowledgeable tutors at Studypool. The whole process itself is also really easy making it flexible enough for come backs on other assignments. A five star is truly deserved.

Ivy

February 4th, 2020 Nairobi, 30 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Studypool has been of great help to me as a student, during my undergraduate studies the company tremendously helped me sky rocket my grades. Additionally, their tutors are very friendly and offer assistance at anytime be it during the day or at night.

Alejandra

January 22nd, 2020 Metairie, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Loving the new bookguides, and I can't believe they are free! Pretty much every favorite author is on here and so much more organized as guides SHOULD be. It would be great if we can download some of these guides since I'm on mobile most of the time during class. I can't believe other websites actually charge for this and it's totally free to SP, great find for me and wanted to share the love.

Ninfa Esp

January 17th, 2020 San Pedro Sula, CR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

English tutors are amazing, I think they are from UK because of writing skills very very great! I hope I get to meet them personally or travel to UK. My favorite English tutors are here on Studypool but also Chegg because of different nationalities which helps learn from different accents. Studypool although is much cheaper and same quality tutors. I don't really dislike anything besides no video but I see others have posted same thing, I feel like there is so much more to discover on website tools.

Gaby S.

December 31st, 2019 Kenner, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The tech team does a great job or communicating. So I recently had a small issue with my account balance which was really random, but serious to me because I can use my student balance for purchases - before I reported I actually had a notification in my email letting me know the issue was being resolved. Very proactive and hoping most companies were like this. I do enjoy the tutoring services as well.

Hideki Sassuki

December 13th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As foreign student and luckily, I found a great tutor who speaks my language as well. She is been THE BEST at not only being patient, but also at cheering me up at getting better with my english, I feel confident working with her. Oh! And lets not forget about the fact that they are flexible with your budget when it comes to asking questions

Daniela Cervantes

November 19th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

review: please make your yt videos a little more engaging! It’s great that you do book overviews, but make them more engaging. we have so many options nowadays, you don’t need a camera to have high quality videos. Your video-study guides are neat and I’m sure they are for many other students, but I think you can with the improve video and audio quality. I’m not focusing on the people in the videos.

Dobbysmama

November 8th, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I heard that one of my classmates was working with a tutor from studypool but I thought the site only works on a regular schedule (like from 8 to 5pm). I usually do my homework at night, so I never wanted to use it, until the day that I had just a couple of days to make a SWOT Analysis for my marketing class it was 10 pm. I check if the service was available and surprisingly it was, I found out it works 24 hours. I had to pay more than I expected but it was worth it and I found a tutor who guided me with a couple of things I wasn’t sure about the project. He knew about the topic so I felt confident. It was a good experience to be the first time I used it.

Amalia

November 1st, 2019 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Please make more discounts for struggling students. There is not enough incentive for for returning customers, I've been using SP for 2 years now! Refer a friend only give small amount, since I only post and work with high value tutors. Holidays is around the corner so please create a program to incentivize users like me, who also add word of mouth value

Nani Banegas

October 25th, 2019

Hands down my fav thing is private question feature - my privacy stands as my number one priority with ANY website and sites who don't offer any support or features that enables privacy is an embarrassment. only one suggestion: they should make an option to make this my default setting instead of a manual on. enjoying the recent updates to their study guide pages too, way more now than few months ago, they seem to be getting their customers!

Michael McGillicutty

October 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I believe there has to be some balance as tutor when working with each student. I don't think winning a tutoring session isn't the challenge and instead it's the work distribution. I have worked with over 50+ students already have been issued multiple sanctions because of policies breach but it's EXTREMELY challeneging handling this many students. I would like to see an effort be put towards allowing us tutors to extend deadlines without all these permissions needed. Thanks you for listening.

Alejandra Perez

September 23rd, 2019 Fontana, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My ENG course papers and studyguide which I've mainly purchased from Studypool, have been ok. Usable,but sometimes documents don't match here and there with titles. Nevertheless, I've never gotten any push back from the support guys when requesting refund(s), the policy seems to stick to the costumer being 100% satisfied which is really why I keep going back.

Leonardo Zuniga

September 17th, 2019 Riverside, CA

They should add video, instead of just tutoring sessions. How much more of a convenience would it be to actually talk to the tutor you're working with? I think I would actually use the site more if that was an actual feature. Time zones is always an issue for me, so I would just like to knock off the session with a call instead of back and forth. Make it happen guys.

Laura Medina

September 9th, 2019 Long Island City, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Many students like me who work and go to school, benefit a lot from platforms like Studypool and use the site quite frequently because the tutors are good. The only suggestion I'd like to make is to offer more discounts or help out with costs for returning students like me, and who are active quite a bit (like some sort of VIP list of student with exclusive discounts). I've already worked with more than 8 tutors since the school year started.

Josue Valladarez

August 8th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They should make it available for Android users, I see Studypool is available in iTunes so hopefully that is on their agenda. Most of the time when I do need help I'm on my phone andanwhen it's when I receive my assignments so it'll be great if the app can be used for Android so I can proactively post what I need help with and basically have everything ready when I hit my laptop.

Heidy Mejia

July 30th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up today to see what’s the deal. I was kinda lost at first but the guys over at Customer Support were kind enough to send me some info and instructions on how to post help for questions- it's super easy to be honest and they reply to me pretty quickly. I didn’t find their mini help center at first, but it’s pretty neat glad I found it as they have lots of subjects to work with and lots of policies to get familiarized with. I’m currently waiting for a few tutors so hoping to work with them soon.

Emma Jimenez

July 30th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Studypool book guides have actually been really helpful with a few projects I've worked with recently. It's hard to find the complete information elsewhere, which usually, very few websites include the full motifs, and symbols of the books and the info is pretty messy. These guides have some neat infographics too for each guide (which I've used in my projects). I'd say Cliffnotes and Studypool are some of my fav right now for literary guides.

Micael James Pontillo

July 23rd, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was hoping to find a tutor to help with spanish homework, but didn't find any, or at least none that could of helped me with my spanish 2 exam. This is the third tutoring site this weekend and still no luck finding a native spanish teacher to help... I hope someone checks this out because I was willing to pay a lot of money to help me with this test...

Raquel Montegolla

July 19th, 2019 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Some feedback on Notebank notes... came across studypool from a few friends who have only used Coursehero for buy notes, and found out you can buy notes on studypool as well. However, not totally convinced yet after buying a few notes since it took me a while to find. CH has better organization, the quality of the documents are much better on Studypool they are just harder to locate

Charley W Gevneuvon

July 18th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience was pretty good. As a new student on the platform, and currently taking a few AP courses, I do need help with some smaller tasks that I thought an online tutor could help me with. The way SP is set up is that they let me choose who I want to work with which is great because I get to choose my own price, but I do believe the more expensive you go the better tutor you get which makes sense. I kinda disagree with the overall feedback on this page because it mentions that pricing is undisclosed, which isn't true, students pick their price so basically we have more control which is better.

Robert_F

February 26th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been working for studypool since day. It is great to see how the site is evolving, great support from the Executive Management Team. Thanks Rich W, Rich y and Kinny for all your help and support

Max Stevens

February 21st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It has been great! Lots of tutoring options and help is very easy to find! Studypool offers help whether you have a long term assignment or you are in a rush to finish up a very complex homework! It has a vast variety of tutors and options were every subject has its match. Whether you are looking for something as small as a math problem or as big as a literature essay, Studypool meets your expectations!

Burchu

January 18th, 2019

Studypool experience has been great, they offer an excellent platform for freelancers with a higher wage rate, in time Payment, 24/7 support and all possible assistance that increase the creativity of a writer. I love the customer support and how queries are attended to.

Brian

January 18th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hello there! Studypool is one of the best online platforms that aid students handle their assignments at an affordable cost. Personally, I have used the platform since I was in high school. This has enabled me to achieve success in my various areas of study. To all my fellow students, don’t be cheated! Studpool is the real deal. You will never regret using the site because its ever equipped with ethical, learned, professional, and dedicated tutors who are always committed to offering the best to the students. All your money is secure until you prove the work is fantastic. Come join me! And we will succeed together. Brian St.

Kostantine Alexandrou

January 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a couple of assignments to submit on short deadlines. A friend suggested I try studypool. The tutor assigned to work on my statistics task did not disappoint. Although the tutor charged me above my budget, it was worth it. It is almost an year now and every time I have huge workload, I get some assistance from the site.

Jessica

January 17th, 2019 Denton, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can't get my payment go though wtf. This really piss me off. I needed help get my paper. This needs to get fix

Had

January 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The best thing about the site is the pricing because someone can work with whatever budget they have . the disadvantage with this though is that the higher the price the more likely to find quality help and vise-vasa. Secondly, there is time flexibility, one can allocate any amount of time they have and they will get answers. Finally, one is given an option to choose from a wide variety of tutors. However, the support of the site is a bit low

Bonface Ogega

January 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Studypool delivers before the deadline, offers services at affordable prices. I have used Studypool for two years now and I love the best services. I am always serviced with best tutors. When I have a problem, customer helps me ASAP.

angela

October 5th, 2018 Merrick, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible. I was desperate and payed 25 dollars for the answer to one basic accounting question that I didn't have the time to do and it was due that night. They provided me with a completely wrong answer that wasn't even in the same format as the question and was missing several parts. It asked me right away if i was satistfied with the purchase or wanted a refund, obviously I said i wanted a refund and heard nothing back. I wrote 3 emails and send in a personal complaint to customer service and still have yet to hear anything back. Don't waste your money on this site!!!!!

Ashley Rae Harness

March 27th, 2017

The bloggers that post these reviews are paid to do it by Studypool, because their company sucks, and pretty much anyone who's tried it, knows that. The spin artist, Amber K, is floating around review sites telling everyone how much they care, --but I can guarantee you, as a tutor, this is not how you get treated by their staff once you sign up. McDonald's employees are more professional and personable than those people, with much better customer service skills. The biggest difference, is that the people who work fast food, actually know how to do their jobs. Avoid Studypool, and read user reviews, not bloggers paid to review them.