Mathhelp was founded by Mike Maggart who was a high school math teacher at one of the top private schools in the United States. Maggart became frustrated by the inefficiency and exclusiveness of private tutoring. He felt that all students should have access to tutoring, not just the wealthiest students. Maggart found away to replicate the entire private tutoring experience so that many more students could have access to the help they needed. Mathhelp offers math tutoring for students from fifth grade to college. They also provide test prep for some of the major exams.

#1 TutorMe chevron_right
2.8
#3 Studypool chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Math tutors
  • Math courses
  • Test prep courses

Math Tutors

All Mathhelp tutors are current or former math teachers. Mathhelp selects the finest teachers in the country to design, write, and present their lessons. Their educational team consists of middle school, high school, and college math teachers who have all spent years in the classroom. The lessons provided were originally designed by Mike Maggart. He is currently ranked the thirteenth "Smartest" private high school teacher in the country by Business Insider.

Math Courses

Mathhelp provides students with many math courses to choose from. These math courses range in difficulty and subject matter. Some of the math classes available include pre algebra, algebra 1 and 2, geometry, and college algebra.

Test Prep Courses

Mathhelp also offers test prep classes to help students study for large tests. These large exams often are a factor as to which colleges students will be able to attend. It is important for students to prepare for these tests with test preparation classes. Some of these test prep classes include ACT, GMAT, GRE, SAT, and PSAT. These prep classes cover the math portion of these tests that are taken by high school and college students.

The Bad

• Limited courses
  • Grade levels
  • Online tools

Limited Courses

Mathhelp is exclusive to math tutoring. For clients who are looking for a more comprehensive tutoring experience will have to look elsewhere for their tutoring needs. While we like companies who offer more subjects and courses, there are benefits to the exclusivity of offering tutoring with one topic. They not only offer all types of math tutoring, but test prep as well.

Grade Levels

Mathhelp has a limited grade level that they will tutor. They currently only offer tutoring for fifth grade up to college. While this seems expansive, it really isn't when you consider that children begin learning math in kindergarten. Often times multiplication and division are taught in third grade, which can be very difficult topics for children. Other tutoring services offer math tutoring for grades as low as pre-k. Because Mathhelp is specialized in math, we would like to see them expand their grade levels to include all grades. Younger students could greatly benefit from experience math tutors as they learn early math facts, multiplication, and division.

Online Tools

Mathhelp offers no online tools for the tutoring process. Online tools are a great benefit to the students, and makes the tutoring sessions more effective. The tools we look for include chat, video, whiteboard, file sharing, and equation tools. The chat tool allows for students to text and talk to their tutors. This allows students to ask any questions, get clarification, or receive further explanations on difficult topics. This could be very beneficial in math topics, as some children struggle with math more than any other topic. The whiteboard tool allows both the student and the tutor to draw out problems and examples. File sharing allows students and tutors to swap files with ease. The equation tool allows students to enter in math equations. We feel that Mathhelp should provide some if not all of these tools to their services.

The Bottom Line

Mathhelp is an excellent math tutoring service. They provide tutoring for students from fifth grade up to college. Mathhelp also provides test preparation courses to help students do well on the math section of major tests such as the ACT, SAT, GMAT, and GRE. While Mathhelp has some great aspects, there is some drawbacks to their services. Mathhelp is exclusive to math tutoring. If your student needs a more comprehensive tutoring experience we recommend checking out other tutoring programs. However, if you are seeking for math tutoring only, you should check out what Mathhelp has to offer.

2.8

Travis
July 30th, 2019 North Sioux City, SD DETAILS

My ALEKS went great and this course was a huge help. I needed to get a 39 to get into business. I got a 79 and that was majorly due to the effect of this course. Thank you for the platform you provided.

KIMBERLY TENUTA
June 20th, 2019 Rosamond, CA DETAILS

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. The company has no active phone number, does not hold to their 7-day money back promise and will not respond to emails. FRAUD ALERT does not give this company any information regarding your bank you will not get it back and they will not respond to your requests.

Nox243
May 28th, 2019 Mishawaka, IN DETAILS

My account worked for ONLY 1 day then I was unable log in although i subscribed a one month membership, I tried to contacted them several times by phone, e-mail, they NEVER answered me. They didn't even send me a confirmation mail after the subscription. This site is shame and people have to know. If you want to lose money and your time, mathelp is here for you.

Ashley Lynne Bowers
April 17th, 2019 South Bend, IN DETAILS

I passed the CASA on my first attempt after reviewing with mathhelp.com. I found your program to be very helpful in that it reviewed thoroughly concepts that I had long forgotten. Slope intercept and graphing reviews were very good. I wish I had found this resource when I was in high school or earlier in my college years. Overall I credit my success at passing the casa on my first attempt with my diligence in studying mathhelp.com’s CASA course. Thank you so much for your help!

MomAndDadOf5
October 12th, 2018 Tustin, CA DETAILS

We read reviews that said MathHelp does not reply to emails, so when we sent a request for help, we were not sure if MathHelp would get back to us. They replied the next day and they are very helpful. Their program and teachers are very good. We have 5 kids and many online learning programs. MathHelp is one of the best, just like having a credentialed teacher in your home teaching. They teach lessons for many textbooks, including the exact one my son has for Algebra. We purchased MathHelp through Homeschool Buyers Co Op.

Nicole J
September 26th, 2018 Chauvin, LA DETAILS

I cannot say enough good things about this curriculum. The lessons are short, straight to the point, and easy to understand. My daughter, who hates math, is now asking to do the lessons everyday. Mathhelp.com has helped us more than I could ever begin to describe here. It’s worth every penny. Thank you!

Susan S
April 30th, 2018 Longview, TX DETAILS

I've been a member of Mathhelp for nearly 4 years. It's definitely not a scam as others have suggested. We've used this with all 3 of our kiddos starting with Pre Algebra through Algebra 2. They do bill on a monthly schedule if you sign up that way. We knew from the start we were going to stick with them for the long term so we do a yearly subscription. It's a little expensive but I see now they've changed their pricing so it's more affordable. We have had some technical problems throughout the years but have always found their customer service to be friendly and responsive. I've recommended them to several other friends that home school and I've never heard any negative comments. As with anything like this you just have to try it and if it works for you then go for it.

Sally G
April 30th, 2018 Fort Mitchell, KY DETAILS

I would give it zero stars if I could. We purchased the annual subscription for $199. All was fine and then one day my daughter could not log in...we tried for several days and site kept saying the password was incorrect. They don't respond to emails, there is no phone number and theres a glitch in their "tech support". They just take your money and don't offer services. TERRIBLE. Do not use them

Shana Janes
January 31st, 2018 Highland, IN DETAILS

I signed up for Mathhelp.com but never received a username or email confirming my purchase. I have sent multiple emails, all which have went unanswered. We are unable to use this site with a username. This is a complete scam. I am contacting my credit card. BEWARE!!! Mathhelp.com is a SCAM!!!!

Julie Burke Smith
August 21st, 2017

Although we signed up for a single one month program, the company continues to bill. No phone number to contact and they don't answer their emails. Fortunately the credit card company took care of the problem.