Mathhelp.com Logo

7.1

Mathhelp was founded by Mike Maggart who was a high school math teacher at one of the top private schools in the United States. Maggart became frustrated by the inefficiency and exclusiveness of private tutoring. He felt that all students should have access to tutoring, not just the wealthiest students. Maggart found away to replicate the entire private tutoring experience so that many more students could have access to the help they needed. Mathhelp offers math tutoring for students from fifth grade to college. They also provide test prep for some of the major exams.

TutorMe Logo
#1 TutorMe chevron_right
Course Hero Logo
#3 Course Hero chevron_right
Studypool Logo
#4 Studypool chevron_right

The Good

• Math tutors
  • Math courses
  • Test prep courses

Math Tutors

All Mathhelp tutors are current or former math teachers. Mathhelp selects the finest teachers in the country to design, write, and present their lessons. Their educational team consists of middle school, high school, and college math teachers who have all spent years in the classroom. The lessons provided were originally designed by Mike Maggart. He is currently ranked the thirteenth "Smartest" private high school teacher in the country by Business Insider.

Math Courses

Mathhelp provides students with many math courses to choose from. These math courses range in difficulty and subject matter. Some of the math classes available include pre algebra, algebra 1 and 2, geometry, and college algebra.

Test Prep Courses

Mathhelp also offers test prep classes to help students study for large tests. These large exams often are a factor as to which colleges students will be able to attend. It is important for students to prepare for these tests with test preparation classes. Some of these test prep classes include ACT, GMAT, GRE, SAT, and PSAT. These prep classes cover the math portion of these tests that are taken by high school and college students.

The Bad

• Limited courses
  • Grade levels
  • Online tools

Limited Courses

Mathhelp is exclusive to math tutoring. For clients who are looking for a more comprehensive tutoring experience will have to look elsewhere for their tutoring needs. While we like companies who offer more subjects and courses, there are benefits to the exclusivity of offering tutoring with one topic. They not only offer all types of math tutoring, but test prep as well.

Grade Levels

Mathhelp has a limited grade level that they will tutor. They currently only offer tutoring for fifth grade up to college. While this seems expansive, it really isn't when you consider that children begin learning math in kindergarten. Often times multiplication and division are taught in third grade, which can be very difficult topics for children. Other tutoring services offer math tutoring for grades as low as pre-k. Because Mathhelp is specialized in math, we would like to see them expand their grade levels to include all grades. Younger students could greatly benefit from experience math tutors as they learn early math facts, multiplication, and division.

Online Tools

Mathhelp offers no online tools for the tutoring process. Online tools are a great benefit to the students, and makes the tutoring sessions more effective. The tools we look for include chat, video, whiteboard, file sharing, and equation tools. The chat tool allows for students to text and talk to their tutors. This allows students to ask any questions, get clarification, or receive further explanations on difficult topics. This could be very beneficial in math topics, as some children struggle with math more than any other topic. The whiteboard tool allows both the student and the tutor to draw out problems and examples. File sharing allows students and tutors to swap files with ease. The equation tool allows students to enter in math equations. We feel that Mathhelp should provide some if not all of these tools to their services.

The Bottom Line

Mathhelp is an excellent math tutoring service. They provide tutoring for students from fifth grade up to college. Mathhelp also provides test preparation courses to help students do well on the math section of major tests such as the ACT, SAT, GMAT, and GRE. While Mathhelp has some great aspects, there is some drawbacks to their services. Mathhelp is exclusive to math tutoring. If your student needs a more comprehensive tutoring experience we recommend checking out other tutoring programs. However, if you are seeking for math tutoring only, you should check out what Mathhelp has to offer.

Talib Kamloops, BC

I got a 274/300 on my QAS section of the NextGen Accuplacer test! The instructional videos were short and to the point, and you folks really made it interesting and simple to understand! It’s great to have practice questions, and a test after each section, as well as the completion percentages for everything. Thanks to all of you, for making it easy for people like myself to study mathematics!

Cindy Crosscope Winterville, NC

MathHelp.com is a great tutoring service and all the lessons were very helpful with reviewing and relearning math concepts for the Praxis 7813 test. Thank you so much for providing such a great service with tremendous instructors!

Amy E Fort Collins, CO

Thank you for offering this Geometry course! I really needed something to engage my son as he was done with remote schooling. He really enjoyed this class and I didn't have to bug him to do it everyday...this was not the case with his remote schooling assignments! Super grateful for this option and I love the background on why this site was created!

Madisen Cluff Nakhon Sawan, 60

I have always been really bad at math and never really knew how to study for it. Last year I took a college level math class that was more difficult than I thought it would be. My roommate mentioned Mathhelp.com so I decided to give it a shot and loved it. It helped a lot and explained math in a simple way that my brain could grasp.

logan hunt Odenton, MD

Mathhelp.com was a big help to me to practice for the AccuPlacer test. When I took the test it went well! Out of all the 174 lessons, for me the most helpful courses were the entire logarithm section from "Evaluating Logarithms" to "Exponential Equations and Change of Base Formula" and the Polynomial long division and synthetic division. The program was very helpful to me with reviewing over old math concepts that I had forgotten from high school.

A H Pomona, CA

I received my results yesterday, and I am happy to say I passed my CHSPE! I appreciate the overall amazing lesson content that was provided. Thank you for helping me pass.

Destin Ramos Columbus, OH

I made a 158 on the PRAXIS Core (5733). I haven't taken a math course in about 7 years and mathhelp.com really helped me rekindle a lot of the forgotten information from years of not practicing. I really enjoyed the course and thought the information being provided was worth the price. Everything was short and to the point (just how I like it). It was very easy to pick up where I left off every day.

Nia Chicago, IL

I was watching a video on how to get ready for the Executive Assessment and they mentioned Mathhelp and I'm so glad they did. I had less than a month to get ready for it. The executive assessment is the slimmed down gmat for business school. I got a 9 on the Quant, and Quant is not my strong suit, so I'm thankful for their help. I did algebra, decimal, fractions, integers, proportions, statistics. And all short understandable videos and practice questions to get you ready. I'd highly recommend this site!

June ,

Thank you for the excellent tutelage! The ALEKS test went better than I expected. I haven’t taken a math class since 1994. It’s been a long time. Your course DEFINITELY helped a great deal. Your “pay attention to this...” heads up reminders were very helpful as well as the “make sure to be mindful when changing positives to negatives” tips as well as the geometry graphics for the formulas. The pacing was also excellent and detailed without being overwhelming. I am quite pleased with my results and will most likely be back when I take Statistics. Thanks again!

billyboii Lakeland, FL

I am not one to leave reviews ever. But I felt the need to leave a review for Mathhelp.com so other people can know how good this website is! I was skeptical at first having to pay for a PERT study course but I am so glad I did. I hadn't done any math since high school which was 7 years ago for me and I didn't remember anything at all. But I followed this course for 2 weeks and in that time I learned more than I had at years of school. I scored a perfect 150 on my PERT and because of it I got to take the Accuplacer and scored well on that too which placed me in Pre Calc and Trig! It saved me from taking over a year worth of lower level maths and thousands of dollars. For $50 it was definitely worth it and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to take any math placement test or just wants a refresher in math. I only wish all my math courses used mathhelp.com it is by far much superior to Pearsons mymathlab which pails in comparison. The structure of this course was by far the most efficient way I have ever been taught math. The clear explanations in the short videos and practice questions afterwards makes learning the material so easy! I just want to say thank you!

KW Satellite Beach, FL

I found your classes very useful. Most helpful for me was that you took the time to show ALL the work. Also you spoke clearly, slowly and patiently. I appreciate that! I was able to test out of remedial math and will be taking College algebra in the near future. Thank you for helping me succeed!

Rosella Rose Pensacola, FL

I PASSED!!! After taking the the FTCE GKT MATH six times, I finally passed!!!! Your videos were very easy to follow and very easy to understand. Once I completed the videos, I studied my notes I had taken from the videos and a few days later took the exam and passed! Thank you so much! I am forever grateful! God bless you all! Rose

Sarahlina Union City, CA

My CBEST Mathematics exam went great. I passed the exam with the help of the Mathhelp lessons. I found everything helpful. From the teacher videos giving instructions to the practice tests. One of the most helpful elements was being able to see the "work" whenever I answered a question wrong so that I could learn what step I missed or what I did wrong. I appreciated everything the website had to offer.

Brenda Swailes Cedar Falls, IA

My son only has the final exam left to go in Algebra 2. He is thrilled to be almost finished, and he has learned so much this year. The video format of having a teacher to show him how to work problems has been so helpful for him, with extremely clear explanations. Thank you for a great math program. It is broken into small, manageable chunks that make it achievable. The organization of topics and progression of the course is in such a nice, logical order. I thought this was a great course and well worth my investment in it. I also appreciated your quick responses to questions that I submitted. Thank you for all the time and effort that went into creating this course. God bless!

Jonathon Ehlers Kimberly, ID

I took Mathhelp's ALEKS program review to place into a transfer program and I was impressed! I nearly placed a class higher than I needed to (75) after going through the course, and I am 3 years out of high school and wasn't ever very good at the subject. They have comprehensive material and it was reviewed very thoroughly in ever video and subsequent videos. I wish I had this available to me in high school! It would have saved me a lot of frustration. If you're a parent reading this, it is worth the subscription if your kid needs a little help in math, you need a little refresher to help your kid, or some combination of the two. I'd bet it's a great resource for homeschooling kids too.

Joelle and Carl Hobbs Palm Harbor, FL

My step-son utilized the lessons as prep/refresher to take his Math GED. He passed on his first try. So MathHelp did the job to help him get ready. Thanks!

Jon Mills Tarboro, NC

With mathhelp.com I was able to take a NCDAP test and test out into a higher than expected math class. This was extremely surprising considering I haven't taken a Math class since 2008. Thank you so much!! -Jon m.

M Davis Fairburn, GA

This was WORTH IT! Excellent program. So helpful! I was very well prepared. The videos are concise and to the point which makes the information digestible! The pacing, subject breakdowns and interactive quizzes and practices really made the difference. Math was my worse subject but I was able to test in Pre-Calculus and beyond because of Math Help. I surpassed the required score for both Accuplacer QAS and AAFI wish I could take them along side my classes now!! Pay the money if you’re shooting for a test.. you will pass!

Thomas Wright Allen, TX

The key with your TSI math help is when you take the prep, there is “How to get to the answer” and the videos as well…Outstanding. Also, it starts off very slowly, and builds up to the end. The final exam was excellent. You can take a child that only knows adding, subtracting, multiplication and division, and have the child pass TSI math exam...That is amazing. My son, at age 13 will attend full time college for his BSEE degree. Thanks to Mathhelp!

Ashley Lynne Bowers South Bend, IN

I passed the CASA on my first attempt after reviewing with mathhelp.com. I found your program to be very helpful in that it reviewed thoroughly concepts that I had long forgotten. Slope intercept and graphing reviews were very good. I wish I had found this resource when I was in high school or earlier in my college years. Overall I credit my success at passing the casa on my first attempt with my diligence in studying mathhelp.com’s CASA course. Thank you so much for your help!

MomAndDadOf5 Tustin, CA

We read reviews that said MathHelp does not reply to emails, so when we sent a request for help, we were not sure if MathHelp would get back to us. They replied the next day and they are very helpful. Their program and teachers are very good. We have 5 kids and many online learning programs. MathHelp is one of the best, just like having a credentialed teacher in your home teaching. They teach lessons for many textbooks, including the exact one my son has for Algebra. We purchased MathHelp through Homeschool Buyers Co Op.

Susan S Longview, TX

I've been a member of Mathhelp for nearly 4 years. It's definitely not a scam as others have suggested. We've used this with all 3 of our kiddos starting with Pre Algebra through Algebra 2. They do bill on a monthly schedule if you sign up that way. We knew from the start we were going to stick with them for the long term so we do a yearly subscription. It's a little expensive but I see now they've changed their pricing so it's more affordable. We have had some technical problems throughout the years but have always found their customer service to be friendly and responsive. I've recommended them to several other friends that home school and I've never heard any negative comments. As with anything like this you just have to try it and if it works for you then go for it.

Russell Person Bakersfield, CA

My son has been using Mathhelp.com to review previous math from years ago. You know the saying, use it or lose it. He does just two sections a day and it takes less than 15 minutes. Great to get ready for the ACT exam. Mathhelp.com has a number of organized sequences for a number of important tests. Don't let your child be held back because math held them back. As far as the 7 day return policy, forget it. The program works, just use it!

Matthew Taylor West Jordan, UT

I was very happy with the what Mathhelp.com helped me achieve. I used the Aleks course to study and prepare to test into my universities trigonometry class. I needed at least a 51 and ended up scoring a 60! The instructors in all the videos do such a great job at breaking the content into easy to understand concepts.

Dylan Mckay Olympia, WA

Mathhelp provided an organized and clear approach to the material. The instructional videos are short and effective in teaching the concepts. There is no unnecessary information. The programs are great for anyone looking to increase their abilities. Thank you.

Nicole J Chauvin, LA

I cannot say enough good things about this curriculum. The lessons are short, straight to the point, and easy to understand. My daughter, who hates math, is now asking to do the lessons everyday. Mathhelp.com has helped us more than I could ever begin to describe here. It’s worth every penny. Thank you!

Aaron Perez Springfield, MO

I made my CALC I class, so I am happy. The ALEKS test prep was a huge help.

Chelsey Staes New Orleans, LA

I passed the GenerationNext Accuplacer test on the first try, the $50 a month could be a bit costly but it was worth every penny!

CPLees Long Island City, NY

The explanations for the NYSTCE were thorough and understandable. The study plan was laid out very easily and you could skip around and focus on what you needed to.

Omar Aljaafar Riyadh, 01

The ALEKS exam went great! I got a result of 63. However, I will be retaking the exam because I aim to get over 75. Mathhelp has helped me a lot and all elements were helpful.

Bethany Therrien Arvada, CO

I think the test went well. My son said that he felt well prepared. We liked the course. My son is only 11 so he will be taking the PSAT many more times so we may be back for more in the future!

Travis North Sioux City, SD

My ALEKS went great and this course was a huge help. I needed to get a 39 to get into business. I got a 79 and that was majorly due to the effect of this course. Thank you for the platform you provided.

Queen Viben Waterloo, IA

Made me feel confident in going back to school :) Was well worth the money and they will see me as a returning customer!!

sararene1 Citrus Heights, CA

I passed my CASA exam. I found the lessons to be very easy to understand and appreciated how it was broken down step by step. The review tests are very helpful too. MathHelp was overall worth it to me.

Lina Maple Grove, MN

Please DO NOT spend your money here. Complete waste of time and my money. I spent $49.99 initially on their service for a month and they did not help me increase my score whatsoever and covered unnecessary topics like PEMDAS but didn't cover calculus. In addition, after understanding that this was a complete waste of my time and a scam, I stopped using this service. However, they charged ANOTHER 49.99 without any prior notice to my bank account. Now I have wasted my time, $100, and they refuse to provide me a refund.

Nox243 Mishawaka, IN

My account worked for ONLY 1 day then I was unable log in although i subscribed a one month membership, I tried to contacted them several times by phone, e-mail, they NEVER answered me. They didn't even send me a confirmation mail after the subscription. This site is shame and people have to know. If you want to lose money and your time, mathelp is here for you.

S G Fort Mitchell, KY

I would give it zero stars if I could. We purchased the annual subscription for $199. All was fine and then one day my daughter could not log in...we tried for several days and site kept saying the password was incorrect. They don't respond to emails, there is no phone number and theres a glitch in their "tech support". They just take your money and don't offer services. TERRIBLE. Do not use them

vmur Chicago, IL

This ALEKS program really helped me brush up on some much needed fundamental lessons. Thank you so much MATHhelp!

Elizabeth Jones Amesbury, MA

DO NOT DO IT! Once I paid the $50 I was unable to log in. I have sent multiple emails and have not received a response. I am looking to cancel but how can I do that if I can't log in? This is so frustrating... I am probably going to get in touch with my bank and see if there is something they can do.

pretti faith Hillside, IL

ITS A SCAM, I paid $49.99 and used it all day and suddenly couldn't log in anymore. No response to emails and I checked my email and notice they didn't even send me a verification email for the account. Had to call my bank to file a claim to get my money back!!

Alex Tampa, FL

Stay away from this web site! It's a scam! I've red a few similar comments about this company but still decided to try due to a few positive comments. 7 day money back offer is a scam! They will not reply to my emails, I've tried a few times already. I've lost $50 and barely even used the app. Scambags...

KIMBERLY TENUTA Rosamond, CA

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. The company has no active phone number, does not hold to their 7-day money back promise and will not respond to emails. FRAUD ALERT does not give this company any information regarding your bank you will not get it back and they will not respond to your requests.

Shana Janes Highland, IN

I signed up for Mathhelp.com but never received a username or email confirming my purchase. I have sent multiple emails, all which have went unanswered. We are unable to use this site with a username. This is a complete scam. I am contacting my credit card. BEWARE!!! Mathhelp.com is a SCAM!!!!

Jill Harshbarger Altoona, PA

The ALEKS went well. I really appreciated your lessons. I will recommend it to others.

Naranjo Family Spokane, WA

Amazing and detail classes that would make you feel that math is simple and child's play.

AliceStars Austin, TX

It was very helpful! Due to this course, I was able to pass my ALEKS exam. Thank you!

Julie Burke Smith

Although we signed up for a single one month program, the company continues to bill. No phone number to contact and they don't answer their emails. Fortunately the credit card company took care of the problem.

Lindsay L Webb Sequim, WA

Loved the GED videos with step-by-step work.

RILEY PETROFF Royse City, TX

this course helped a lot! i went from a 340 to a 356!!!

Taylor Zeiger Cincinnati, OH

So incredibly helpful! I got a 71 on my Aleks placement thanks to Mathhelp!