Huntington Learning Center

Huntington Learning Center Logo

Huntington Learning Center

Provides in-person tutoring.

For close to 40 years, Huntington Learning Center has been working to help students achieve academic success. They have curated their own unique method to help their students. Huntington Learning Center is an accredited institution with certified tutors for students. However, accreditation and unique methods aren't always enough to compete with our high standards for tutoring companies. We recommend Huntington Learning Center for students looking for in-person tutoring, but if you want any additional features, we recommend looking at other top tutoring companies.

TutorMe Logo TutorMe ›

9.6

Overall
Score

Studypool Logo Studypool ›

4.9

Overall
Score

TutorEye Logo TutorEye ›

Insufficient
Reviews

Huntington Learning Center Logo Huntington Learning Center ›

Insufficient
Reviews

The Good

• In-person tutoring
  • Certified tutors

In-person Tutoring

Since Huntington Learning Center has brick-and-mortar stores, students are able to meet with tutors in person. This can be beneficial for students who want a more personal lesson instead of just an online experience. This sets Huntington Learning Center apart from other tutoring platforms available. We like that students have the option to meet in person if they are located near a center.

Certified Tutors

Huntington Learning Center provides certified teachers for their students. All of their teachers are certified by the same organization that the local schools are accredited by. Huntington Learning Center holds all of teachers to the highest standard to ensure their students' success. Not all tutoring platforms have certified teachers, so we like that it sets Huntington Learning Center apart.

The Bad

• Unclear pricing
  • No chat, video, whiteboard, file sharing
  • Limited subjects

Unclear Pricing

Huntington Learning Center does not give any information regarding their pricing for tutoring services. We think it is important to see some information about prices so those interested get have a better idea of what tutoring costs at Huntington Learning Center.

Limited Resources

Since Huntington Learning Center is a brick and mortar platform, they do not have online option for students. An online presences allows students to study at their own convenience and in their own home. We believe students are missing out on the ability to converse with tutors and even other students with an online option. Many other tutoring platforms offer chat features with tutors and a learning space to collaborate with other students. We'd like to see Huntington Learning platform make some of these online advances.

Limited Subjects

While Huntington Learning Center offers the basic subjects, they lack other additional subjects that many of the top platforms offer. Huntington Learning Center could benefit from adding other subjects and expand their student cliental.

The Bottom Line

Huntington Learning Center offers one-on-one tutoring for students K-12. They have certified teachers helping students achieve academic success. While Huntington Learning Center offers great tutoring, we had too many concerns to look past. Since their pricing is unclear, we can only assume that tutoring with them can get pricey. We also didn't like that they have no online presence for students to continue to learn from home. Overall, we believe other top recommended companies would be a better fit for students.

Emmaus PA
May 2nd, 2019 Macungie, PA DETAILS

I spoke w/ someone at the call center inquiring about SAT tutoring. I explained my concern that my child had limited availability for tutoring for the test that was only a few weeks. They informed me there was a 16 hour program available. When I informed them I didn’t think we could complete the full 16 hours and inquired about a shorter tutoring option, I was told they would customize a program that would fit my child’s schedule. They informed me it would cost $125 for my child to take the evaluation SAT test to assess their tutoring needs and then we would come up with a program at the Bethlehem PA office that fit my child’s schedule . We paid for the test, my child took the 4 hour test, and returned a few days later for her test results. They tried to sell us a 50 hour program at $85 an hour! I again explained our time limitations and I was told the shortest program they offer is 18 hours. They would not offer us a shorter program to meet our needs as I was told by the call center! Total waste of my time! Total waste of my child’s time! Total waste of my money! I spoke with Bob Smith (manager with Huntington???) , told him my experience, even gave the name of the person at the call center. He said he would look into it and call me back. Never received a call back!!!