PowerScore was created by Dave Killoran in 1997. He wanted to create less expensive and more efficient test preparation courses. They offer test preparation for the LSAT, GRE, GMAT, ACT, and SAT. PowerScore aims provide quality customer service, and help students maintain high standards.

Prep Expert chevron_right
3.5
Magoosh chevron_right
Barron's Test Prep chevron_right

The Good

• Selection of Services
  • Free Help
  • Customer Assistance

Selection of Services

PowerScore offers a large selection of services. For many tests, they offer full-length (which includes in-person classes), live online, on demand, accelerated, advanced, and targeted courses. Customers can pick the course that best meets their learning style and academic needs.

In addition, PowerScore offers private tutoring, with services ranging from five to 64 hours. Customers can also purchase test prep books and speak with admission consultants.

Free Help

PowerScore offers a large selection of free information. Their website has a free help section for each test. These sections answer basic questions about each test, such as how to register for the test, how it is scored, and test day tips. PowerScore also offers free starter kits and practice tests. They also have special services for each test, for example they offer a free webinar and in-person seminar for the GRE.

Customer Assistance

PowerScore emphasizes great customer service. Students interested in their program can live chat on their website, email, or call customer service representatives. Their website is also easy to navigate and very clear.

PowerScore is unique in allowing students to connect with instructors. Many courses allow students to call an instructor hotline, send emails, or participate in a discussion forum.

The Bad

• Prices
  • No Money-Back Guarantees

Prices

PowerScore’s prices are not as high as some competitors; however, they are still more expensive than other companies. For example, GMAT courses are $995 for full-length, $495 for on demand, and $395 for accelerated. Their prices vary dramatically based on the test and selected package. Private tutoring is $150 to $175 per hour depending on the test (tutoring packages offer lower hourly rates).

No Money-Back Guarantees

PowerScore has a no refund-no return policy, with the exception of damaged products. Many competitors offer money-back guarantees and improved score guarantees. Dissatisfied students will not receive their money back.

The Bottom Line

PowerScore is a great option for many customers. They have impressive customer service and allow students to ask questions. Their private tutoring is very comparable to other companies in the industry and may be a great option. PowerScore also offers a large selection of helpful free information.

Students who are focused on raising their test score by a certain number of point may want to seek a different company with guarantees. We also recommend comparing prices with other companies. There are many self-directed online courses that offer lower rates.

5.0

Egghead141
December 6th, 2017 Elizabeth, NJ DETAILS

The best purchase of my life, all PowerScore bible books. I want to start by saying that I have tried multiple other LSAT prep books and there is NO COMPARISON! I started preparing for the in 2006 and took a Kaplan extreme prep course. I scored a 137 on my diagnostic, and my scores with Kaplan, Barrons, Princeton Review (Cracking the LSAT book) & other courses and/or books never rose above a 147. Kaplan professors are young students who did well on LSAT but have zero teaching experience. In fact, when I or anyone in the class asked for clarification on an answer “out of scope” was the regurgitated answer. This is a completely useless answer. I studied consistently for another year with Kaplan books and others but never rose above a 147. My weakness in the LSAT was pretty much everything but especially in the Logical Reasoning section. In December of 2016, I purchased the Powerscore bible books and after scrupulously going through their recommended study guide with the PowerScore Bible books; I took the LSAT again in June 2016 and scored a 163! I only wish someone had recommended the PowerScore before and I would have saved $1,600.00 that I wasted on Kaplan. There is absolutely no need to spend $1600 on a Kaplan prep course. Buy the Powerscore bible books and go through them carefully, taking the time to understand each concept. I would stay away from Kaplan. I also believe they pay site to make sure that Kaplan is always rated number one or two of the list for LSAT prep courses. I wish I had known about the PowerScore Bibles first... I would've had to take the LSAT only once, and I could've saved a ton of money, time and aggravation. Hopefully, I can save some else from the same disappointments I went through. Good Luck.