People's Tax Relief Logo

People's Tax Relief

Is This Your Business?

People's Tax Relief provides tax debt services to consumers throughout all 50 states and US Territories. Its certified staff has been providing tax debt services since it opened its doors in 2008. People's Tax Relief has designed a three-step process to make resolving tax issues as quick and painless as possible.

View Best Tax Relief Companies

The Good

• Help With Many Tax Debt Solutions
  • Work With Certified Staff
  • Available in all 50 States

Help With Many Tax Debt Solutions

People's Tax Relief provides services for a wide variety of tax debt relief services. Wage garnish relief, tax audits, tax liens, bank levies, offer in compromise, installment agreements, currently not collectible, penalty abatement, and innocent spouse relief are all services offered by People's Tax Relief. Services start with a free over the phone consultation providing consumers with potential outcomes and a plan of action People's Tax Relief can use to resolve the consumer's specific tax issues.

Work With Certified Staff

The People's Tax Relief staff includes Enrolled Agents (EAs), Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), and tax attorneys with experience in the tax industry. The combination of these professionals provides invaluable assistance throughout a tax issue case. It brings in depth knowledge about tax and finance combined with legal understanding and assistance when needed.

Available in all 50 States

Because tax laws vary between states, not all companies provide services in all states. People's Tax Relief is available to consumers in all 50 states.

The Bad

• Lack of Transparency
  • Not Affiliated with National Associations

Lack of Transparency

People's Tax Relief does not provide specific pricing or package options anywhere on its website. They also do not indicate a minimum or maximum amount of debt they are willing to help resolve. Consumers are able to use the free consultation offered by People's Tax Relief to obtain specific pricing options and determine their eligibility for services. Even with the free consultation service, it would be helpful for consumers to have some indication of what they may expect to pay upfront.

Not Affiliated with National Associations

Many of the companies we have reviewed are members of specific agencies who enforce standards for best practices in the industry. Members are required to meet the standards set by these organizations. While its staff is certified, People's Tax Relief does not hold membership with any of these associations such as National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), or the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS). We would like to see People's Tax Relief join some of these organizations to give consumers peace of mind that they are working with a company who is held to high standards of service delivery.

The Bottom Line

People's Tax Relief provides a wide variety of tax debt relief services to consumers throughout the United States. It's certified staff gives consumers the advantage of working through tax issues with several different professionals. The lack of transparency on its website as well as lack of memberships with professional organizations leaves consumers wondering about what they can expect as far as service delivery. Consumers should take advantage of the free consultation offered by People's Tax Relief and compare other top ranked tax debt relief companies to determine the company that can best handle your case.

View Best Tax Relief Companies

2.0

G Whitaker Viroqua, WI

Just confirming what others here have said. You get a top level attorney or cpa to run through the process after you agree to pay $600+, then you find out that it's going to cost you another $4-5k for them to actually do the work. They might be good, I'll never find out, but they were not being upfront about the costs, even though they said they thought it was clear. They know it's not clear. They tell you there will be additional fees, but lead you to believe that the fees are $20/month for shipping documents. Then they send you a bunch of forms to fill out. I'm glad I didn't send the forms in before I got a call back telling me they needed me to approve the $5000 fee. I was like WHAT?! Just call the IRS yourself and save yourself more debt.

David DePaul Lake Worth, FL

I refer friends and family to them all of the time. They do great work and charge very reasonable fees. They have always delivered exactly what they promised.

Joseph R Mattingly West Chester, OH

Don't waste your money on these people.... I owed $9000 to Indiana IRS so I paid them roughly $1000 to "negotiate" a settlement. I also made it plain several times that I would be owing an additional $2,000 for 2017... They "worked" on this for two months, telling me it was "safe" to file my Federal return. However, the Indy IRS took my entire $7,200 Federal refund! Peoples Tax Relief called me a week later and "proudly" told me they had negotiated a settlement of the remainder for $91 dollars a month. Then I came to find out this did NOT include my 2017 debt of $2000 so now I have to pay $176 a month. They did "nothing" for me, and the $1000 I paid them would have been better used to pay my tax bill!

Joel Russell Pinson, AL

Do not deal with these people!! Smooth talk to get you in and once they get in your bank account they start taking money without notification.$769.00 to tell me something i already knew. told me I owed $35,000 to the IRS and wanted to charge me $7,000, just get started. No refund so money down the drain . Please don't do business with these crooks they will rip you off. THEY ARE WORST THAN THE IRS and once they get you started they try to use SCARE TACTICS to keep you hooked. Do yourself a favor and go to someone else that have a money back gaurantee. I hope help someone from losing your hard earned money.