Best Company Guarantee Fortress Tax Relief Logo

Fortress Tax Relief

LAST UPDATED: May 21st, 2022

Fortress Tax Relief started in 2003 and is based in Bend, Oregon. The company provides a wide range of tax relief services and solutions. Fortress Tax Relief utilizes a team of licensed tax attorneys.

Fortress Tax Relief claims to be the only sizable tax resolution company where every case is handled personally by a licensed attorney who practices back tax resolution exclusively.

The company's attorneys go through rigorous one-on-one training of 500 hours or more with one of the leading tax resolution attorneys in the industry prior to handling cases.

Additionally, Fortress Tax Relief's attorneys have over 60 years of tax resolution experience at Fortress.

While Fortress Tax Relief is a member of the National Association of Tax Resolution Companies, it does not appear to be a member of top professional associations in the industry, including the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS), the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), or the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA).

However, clients can be confident that each of Fortress’ team members is a licensed attorney and brings a high-level of tax law expertise to their cases.

The Good

• Tax Relief Services
  • Trained Attorneys
  • The Process
  • Money-Back Guarantee

Tax Relief Services

Clients can enjoy a free, no-obligation consultation that allows Fortress to grasp the client's unique tax situation. Fortress Tax Relief works with experienced tax attorneys that can help clients with a variety of tax problems.

The attorneys specialize in tax issues like wage garnishments, levies, seizures, business and personal assets, etc. They can also help protect bank accounts, and accounts receivable.

The company offers multiple tax resolution services, like installment agreements, offers in compromise, penalty abatements, innocent spouse relief, and more.

An installment agreement is a payment plan set up with the IRS or state tax department that allows taxpayers to meet their full tax liability over time with affordable payments.

An offer in compromise is a debt settlement agreement with the IRS. It allows taxpayers to pay the IRS less than their current tax debt if the offer is accepted.

Penalty abatement is trickier to have approved. It removes penalties for unpaid taxes. These penalties include wage garnishments, levies, and liens.

Trained Attorneys

All Fortress Tax Relief's attorneys are highly experienced in the tax industry and come from top-tier law schools. Additionally, the attorneys each go through a rigorous one-on-one training period of 500 hours with a top tax resolution attorney in the industry.

The Process

Potential clients can first take advantage of a free, no-obligation consultation. If they decide to contract with Fortress Tax Relief, they will fill out some easy intake paperwork, and then be assigned to a tax attorney.

The company guarantees that the case will personally be handled from start to finish by an experienced tax attorney. The ability to work directly with a tax attorney is one of the most valuable features of Fortress Tax Relief.

Money-Back Guarantee

If one goes through with the initial attorney consultation and does not feel comfortable, they can back out of all services within 24 hours to receive a full refund.

The Bad

• Missing Some Professional Memberships
  • No CPAs or Enrolled Agents

Missing Some Professional Memberships

Even though Fortress Tax Relief does not appear to be a member of top professional associations in the industry, including the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS), the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), or the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA).

Fortress Tax Relief does not employ enrolled agents, so the lack of NAEA membership should not be concerning.

Additionally, all attorneys must pass their state’s bar exam before they can practice law. The ability to pass the bar exam demonstrates a lawyer’s legal knowledge.

Fortress Tax Relief is dedicated to having effective lawyers on staff, so it also provides additional training to lawyers on its team. The opportunity to work with a licensed attorney with tax law expertise and get legal advice is an advantage of choosing Fortress' relief services.

No CPAs or Enrolled Agents

Fortress Tax Relief exclusively works with a team of six tax attorneys. The company sees this as a good thing since everyone on the team is extremely qualified and trained. It argues that attorneys usually possess negotiation skills that are superior to accountants.

However, some may be disappointed that there are no CPAs or enrolled agents on staff to help round out the team, especially if they are interested in a broad range of tax services including tax preparation.

The Bottom Line

Fortress Tax Relief offers a variety of resolution services, and the company utilizes a team of highly trained attorneys. An attorney is assigned to personally handle each client's case from start to finish.

While Fortress Tax Relief does not have all of the professional memberships in the industry, its lawyers are highly trained and qualified. Additionally, the money-back guarantee is only valid for a very short period of time; however, Fortress' pros outweigh the cons. The company is worth exploring, alongside other companies, for tax relief services.

Call our recommended rep over at Fortress Tax Relief below.

Message from
Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your interest in Fortress Tax Relief!

Nearly all tax relief companies employ accountants as their primary type of professional to help taxpayers resolve serious tax liabilities. The problem is that by the time a tax liability gets to collections, the accounting part is almost always over and done.

What sets Fortress apart is the fact that all of our cases are handled personally by a licensed tax attorney who has extensive experience resolving unpaid tax debts. The successful resolution of a tax liability requires defending the rights of the taxpayer, advocating on behalf of the client, building as strong of a case as possible given the facts and circumstances, and presenting that case in a compelling fashion — often both verbally and in writing. Consequently, the skill set of an attorney is far better suited to tackling a tax debt than that of an accountant, and Fortress clients can expect better results.

Our caring and knowledgeable professionals will be happy to explain how we can prevent bank levies, wage garnishments, and asset seizures, as well as resolve your tax debt with the most favorable terms available by law, potentially saving you many thousands of dollars.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

4.9

Tekela Robinson Chicago, IL

They know what they're doing. You can tell they have a lot of experience. They not only offered to best price but they decided on the best solution quickly and assuredly. I had people tell me all sorts of other solutions that were unnecessary. With Tax Fortress there was no nonsense. I highly recommend them.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We will not accept a case unless there is a resolution strategy that has a high likelihood of being effective. It's unfortunate that other tax relief service providers attempted to mislead you, but we're glad that you were able to see the truth. Thank you for putting your trust in us!

May. 7th, 2021

Jason Marble Falls, TX

Well, it was by chance that I got to work with this company. I had used a service before them and I was not impressed at all. I had received about 10 letters from companies saying they would help me with my tax issues. I thought I am not going to waste anymore money. I contacted the IRS and realized quickly I had no desire to deal with them directly. I called each company that had sent me letters and decided on Fortress. They were personable but more importantly they were honest and forthright. They heard me out and assigned me an attorney (David). I have been working with David and his assistant for about a year or so now. They are responsive, fair, and even when I did not have the money upfront to pay the fees they worked on my case until I could get paid up. I have enjoyed them so much that I now have them on retainer for the next 2 years!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for sharing about your experience working with our staff! We do take a lot of pride in our integrity, and Fortress management is glad to hear that you found our staff to be honest and forthright. We require nothing less.

Oct. 6th, 2021

Steve noble Fort Worth, TX

Fortress has saved my financial wellbeing. I have hired two firms to handle my tax issue before fortress both took my money no resolution . After hiring fortress I was assigned to a real tax attorney who has settled my tax issue .

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Like any service industry, the quality of services in the tax relief industry falls on a spectrum from horrible to fantastic. We're sorry to hear that you had such frustrating experiences working wtih other tax relief firms in the past, but we're also glad that you finally found us. It was a pleasure and a privilege to serve you, and we couldn't be happier with the results!

May. 13th, 2021

M Bell Baltimore, MD

I needed immediate help getting the IRS off of my back and slowing the collection process. I really didn't know how to negotiate on my own. David F from Fortress helped guide me and strategized around how best to pay off my tax debt. While doing that, he negotiated to stop the ugly collection letters which was a real emotional relief to me. I really appreciate the team at Fortress for helping me.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're so glad we were able to alleviate the fear and emotional distress that a large tax debt so often can cause. We appreciate you also!

May. 23rd, 2022

Nneka Obata Decatur, GA

My experience working with Fortress Tax Relief was satisfying! Jeremy and Alyssa worked on my case and did an amazing job! There were friendly, empathetic, supportive and understanding of my IRS troubles.. They put together a plan that best works with my IRS needs and in no time. I was out of my IRS troubles.. While I hope to need their services for obvious reasons..(LOL) I will, however recommend them to anyone looking to get out of their IRS troubles.. Thank you guys for your “OUTSTANDING” service.. I’m a very happy and satisfied client..

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Unlike many tax relief service providers, our staff goes the extra mile to deliver both excellent work (results) and outstanding customer service. We're so happy to hear that we hit both of those marks with your case. Thank you!

May. 19th, 2022

David Mark Atherton, CA

Customer Review Video

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for being such a great client, and thank you for sharing about your experience working with our staff!

Apr. 19th, 2022

Marin Dental Wellness Mill Valley, CA

Fortress Financial handled our negotiations with the IRS and State. We were very pleased with the results of their work and appreciated their knowledge and perseverance. We worked primarily with Karlin H-C. she was great to work with – she was usually available when I called or got back to me quickly, resolved our issues quickly and keep us informed. I would highly recommend Karlin and Fortress Financial.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We take great pride in our team of knowledgeable, dedicated, and caring tax relief professionals that include the likes of Karlin. Thank you for your feedback and for your business!

Apr. 12th, 2022

Mary Kate F Simpsonville, SC

Overall, Fortress Tax relief is a reputable and reliable tax relief company that truly helps you pay as little money as possible to the government. Fortress Tax has maintained a great reputation for protection (against things like back levies and enforced collections), affordable plans to pay back debt, and even for their free consultation! They do exactly what a tax relief company should do, and that is to help you navigate through the murky waters of financial tax debt and they do so personally - your case will be handled by a proficient tax attorney. All in all, satisfied with Fortress and my only conceivable drawback is that you have to be over 15000$ in debt in order to use their services.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much for sharing about your positive experience working with our staff. We actually will consider accepting cases with liabilities of less than $15,000 on a case-by-case basis. Often, our fee on a case below $15,000 would be better spent by paying down the liability, and we do not accept fees for cases where we don't think our services are worth our fee. We did accept a case a while back where the liability was only $8,000. However, without our work, that client would have lost his business.

May. 23rd, 2022

Tom P Henrico, VA

My initial conversations with Fortress Tax Relief left me with the distinct impression that they were were different, in a good way, from others I had spoken with as I tried to choose from among the many organizations offering to handle my business' case. My gut feelings were validated by the outstanding service that they provided throughout what can be, by its very nature, a stressful process. Though my business is small, I came away feeling like my case was handled with the same sense of importance as that of a much larger company. That speaks to the integrity of the amazing, highly skilled and compassionate people who comprise Fortress Tax Relief. For anyone seeking exceptional handling of their tax related needs, I can't imagine how you could do any better with anyone other than Fortress Tax Relief.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much! Every one of our clients, whether big or small, is extremely important to us. You hit on all three of the things we value most: our clients, our staff, and our integrity. We appreciate you!

Feb. 2nd, 2022

Kenneth Trice Marlborough, CT

We found the professionalism at Fortress Tax Relief to be outstanding. We were somewhat unsure, given their location from us here in CT, but found that to be a non-issue. After years of dealing with the IRS, Fortress provided us with a viable avenue to address our situation. We credit David Feldman and the supporting staff for their guidance, great listening skills and constant actions to keep us in the loop. We would recommend Fortress Tax Relief for tax issues that may stress you out. Of course, every situation is different, but honest communications and options are what you need to have to choose what is best. Fortress offers that. Good team.

Thank you!

Jan. 13th, 2022

Adam Tango Redondo Beach, CA

Fortress Tax was a life saver for me and my family, the IRS was garnishing approximately $3500/month from my income through forced withholding. This left us with also most nothing to cover our monthly rent and bills, we were losing ground every month. I contacted Fortress Tax Relief services and was assigned to an attorney David P and his assistant Sayward B. They worked very quickly with the IRS to reduce my monthly payments by almost 66% to $1200/month. This alleviated the pressure and hardships my family was experiencing. Both P and B were professional, responsive, and knowledgeable. I contacted several other tax relief services, Fortress was head and shoulders above any of the others. Without hesitation, I would recommend their services.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Being able to impact lives as meaningfully as you have described is why we love our work so much. Thank you for being a great client!

Nov. 8th, 2021

Kara Solomon Leander, TX

Great company to work with. After trying to handle our situation with IRS alone it be came to overwhelming and completely stressful. We decided to reach out for help and it has been the best thing we have done this far with dealing with IRS. You can not go wrong with Joan and or Art at Fortress Tax Relief!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're fortunate to have outstanding attorneys and support staff like Art and Joan on our team. Thank you for your review and for being such a great client!

Jan. 24th, 2022

Valerie West Dundee, IL

My experience with Fortress Tax Relief exceeded my expectations. When I began this process, I didn’t know what the outcome would be. My attorney, Jeremy, and his assistants, Jenny and Alyssa, told me they would work hard for a favorable outcome, and it was. They succeeded in getting all the penalties on my debt dropped. When you work with Fortress, not only do you get an attorney on your side, but you get a highly engaging and informative support team through their assistants.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're glad to hear that we exceeded your expectation, and thrilled with the results! Thank you for your feedback!

Jan. 4th, 2022

Kihurani Gakuu West Chester, PA

I have been dealing with Art and Joan of Fortress for some time and they are not only professional, but they are also very personable. I was at the point of collection action from a very aggressive IRS Revenue Officer who was basically more concerned with putting my company out of business. I was greatly relieved after Fortress filed an appeal showing that I was in compliance with current taxes and it was accepted. Very highly recommended!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your review!

Nov. 5th, 2021

Mountain States Spokane, WA

Fortress Tax Relief and all associates that handled our situation were very efficient and professional. We appreciate their quality of work and dedication towards our case. They were able to help us with exactly what we needed. The communication and completion of tasks were phenomenal. We highly recommend Fortress to anybody who needs assistance with any tax situation.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for the recommendation and for your business!

Nov. 1st, 2021

Carrie Hemmer Shady Side, MD

They were great to work with. They really helped us lower the amount of money owed for taxes and were very patient with us.

Thank you!

Mar. 15th, 2022

Ellen Lavin Palm Coast, FL

Ellen We highly recommend Fortress Tax Relief. Our attorney, Peter B, was skillful and tenacious. He helped us obtain a substantial reduction to a tax situation that was initially and persistently presented as 100% non-negotiable. It was as good an outcome as one could get and we are truly appreciative. Peter and Fortress earned our trust and our gratitude.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

You have our gratitude as well! When the tax collectors tell people that the tax debt is not negotiable, they are not always being truthful. That's just one more reason to have someone like Peter B. on your side and advocating on your behalf. We're delighted that things turned out so well, and we thank you for your business!

Aug. 16th, 2021

thomas bair Holbrook, NY

A JOB WELL DONE FORTRESS TAX RELIEF! There is really no better way to describe how happy we are with the services provided by Fortress. Working with David P and Sayward B, a more responsive team is hard to imagine as they spoke or emailed answers to ALL my questions in more than a timely fashion, delivered more successful outcome and settlement than I had hoped for. All decisions were made by my wife and I after their advice and explanation and there was never a written or spoken promise of as to what they would deliver. Fortress 's experienced staff of lawyers, accountants and paralegals always reinforced my choice of representation. Receiving a letter from the V.P. stating his availability was comforting but the team I got to work with never needed the help. Thanks you all so much! Thomas and Rosemary

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Making our clients happy is what makes us happy. Thank you for your review!

May. 11th, 2022

James Marshall Bend, OR

I am incredibly grateful for the hard work Fortress Tax Relief did on my behalf. I owed the IRS close to $50,000 for past taxes from a failed business endeavor nearly ten years ago. The IRS had begun withholding my tax returns and was threatening to garnish my wages if I did not pay the amount in full. I had tried to resolve my tax debt in the past using a different tax relief company that I heard advertised on the Radio that took my money and went out of business soon after. I chose to use Fortress Tax Relief because they are a local company here in Bend, Oregon, and they are tax attorneys rather than CPA's. I provided them with every document they requested to represent me to the best of their abilities. Jeremy D represented me and spoke with the IRS on my behalf, and provided me with regular updates on the status of my offer to compromise. Fortress Tax Relief has not only proven itself to be everything they advertise, but Jeremy D was able to get my Tax debt reduced to pennies on the dollar through an offer to compromise. My total tax bill went from almost $50,000 down to $4,800 after accepting my offer. I highly recommend using FortressTax Relief. I am incredibly pleased with the way they handled me as a client. Of course, I am thrilled with the outcome as well.

Christie Lekwuwa Cementon, PA

I was at my wits end because I owed thousands of dollars in back taxes to the IRS. I was getting certified letters every other day from the IRS. Also, they were threatening to hit me with a levy. Initially, I tried another tax place but the guy I talked to literally laughed at me and was like can't you handle this problem yourself. I am thinking to myself if I felt like I could why would I be calling around for help. I believe his rejection was a blessing in disguise because after that I called Fortress Tax Relief. They were very prompt with getting back to me. Everyone at Fortress Tax Relief are very friendly, welcoming and professional. The individual who helped me to resolve my case was Mr. Artour S.. He thoroughly explained my options and was very prompt with working on my case with the IRS. Mr. S. helped me come to a satisfactory conclusion and an affordable payment plan with the IRS. I would recommend them to anyone who feels like they are in over their heads when it comes to the IRS.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're fortunate to have dedicated, caring, and talented tax attorneys like Art on our staff, and we're equally fortunate to have great clients like you. Thank you for your business and your review!

Feb. 19th, 2021

KL St. Petersburg, FL

I hired Fortress Financial after I received a small business related tax bill from the IRS for over $400,000 that was from well over a decade ago. I felt panicked and immediately started researching tax professionals to help. I actually chose Fortress after reading a negative review. The detailed response made sense to me and I felt very confident that they had done their job well. All of the other positive reviews added to that confidence and I was impressed that they really take the time to read reviews and respond appropriately and professionally. It was also important to me that I have a tax attorney, not a CPA. My situation felt complicated and overwhelming. Shout out to Mike, Peter and Karlin! When I reached out, Mike called me and immediately and was kind, professional and knowledgeable, putting me at ease immediately. Throughout the process, much was taken off my plate and taken care of by Peter and Karlin. They worked through 3 offer denials from the IRS, delays during Covid and always kept me up to date and informed, sometimes just reaching out to see if I had concerns. I am so very thrilled to say that the IRS has accepted an offer that is so much better than I had dared hope, under $10,000! I am sending a check today to have this behind me forever and the weight of what felt like the world off my shoulders. Thank you Fortress Financial! I would highly recommend you to anyone. Side note...I love the song when I call and am being transferred! Made me smile every time! Thank you all!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're thrilled with the results on your case, and proud of our staff for fighting through 3 denials until finally getting the IRS to relent. Great job Mike, Peter, and Karlin!

Oct. 29th, 2020

Robin Springfield, IL

We owed several years of taxes we could not pay and I tried to work with the IRS on a payment plan and was denied. After stressing and many sleepless nights I researched top tax attorneys. Fortress always came up first with excellent reviews. I did first look up reviews on the Better Business Bureau and Google and was very pleased with what I saw so I gave them a call. I’ve been working with David and Heather for almost 5 years now and happy to say we finally made our last payment. The payment plan David secured with the IRS was very manageable. David and Heather always communicated and explained every question I had, always responded to my emails, and were very easy to work with for the entire time. I would definitely give Fortress Financial five stars and hope that I never need to use them again , but if so , they will be certainly be who I call. Thank you for making our life less stressful.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Your experience trying to set up an affordable monthly payment with the IRS illustrates how much more difficult this can be to accomplish than people realize. We're happy to hear how David and Heather helped reduce your stress. As much as we appreciate your business and have enjoyed having you as a client, we, too, hope that you never need our services again. We strive to get it right the first time so that our clients NEVER wind up in tax collections again! Wishing you a happy, and IRS-free future!

Oct. 29th, 2020

SNT Automotive Linthicum Heights, MD

There are not enough adjectives of praise in the English language I could use to show our gratitude towards Fortress Financial. They are a top notch organization. If you are seeking for someone to face off with the IRS, we highly recommend these folks. We first started trying to tackle our IRS issue with a local law firm that our accountant recommended and after months (and 10’s of thousands $ later), all they did was set up a payment plan. No reduction in the amount owed. We could not maintain these payments. We got into this mess because our profit margin was thin. So, having another $3,000 monthly bill was impossible to maintain. As most business owners out there can relate; What do we do in situations like this? We reduce our #1 expense, which is payroll. Well, things still must get done and this falls right on the business owner’s lap, but the IRS issue does not go away. DO NOT IGNORE IT! I know where you are at right now, scared to see the Mailman. Scared to answer that call showing GOV on your caller ID. Scared to go home and see a slip on your front door stating there is a CERT mail from the IRS. Scared to see a text message from the bank alerting your bank account is very low, which prompts you to check your account online. The account that showed $30,000 yesterday is now negative $2,000 and tomorrow payroll is due! STOP being scared and call Fortress Financial. Do it right now! They will be your frontline force and handle ALL IRS inquiries, so you can focus on your business. I can write a book on why you should use Fortress Financial. They took a sizable IRS debit (and I mean sizable), down to a fraction owed. In fact, so low, we are able to settle with one check! My father was a Marine and fought in both WWII and the Korean War and he told me a story that fits this review perfectly. The Army (you) was in full retreat. They were being overrun by a sizable force (IRS). There was one Marine, digging a foxhole right in the middle of the road. He told the retreating Army, “Don’t worry guys. Stand behind me. This is how far they will get”. Fortress is that Marine.

Oorah!

Oct. 6th, 2020

Dirk Davidson Chicago, IL

We had a need to resolve a long-standing matter with the Internal Revenue Service. We had attempted to do using other advisors with no success. One previous "national" advisor was convicted of consumer fraud, and the other "national advisor" refused to "box" their fees and when it came time to really get the work done with the IRS, their fees where shocking and unacceptable. Fortress Tax Relief, in contrast, quoted their reasonable fees up front, were reasonable as to payment terms, were clear in their advice, timely in their negotiations with the IRS, completely reachable the entire time, and ultimately successful, achieving very nearly our personal "best case scenario." We found our Fortress Lawyer, David P, to be exceptional. We believe having an accomplished tax attorney doing all the talking for us with the IRS made the difference.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much, Dirk! We aim to deliver honest, superior quality service at reasonable rates to each and every one of our valued clients, and we're glad to hear we hit those marks with you. We're fortunate to have highly skilled, experienced, and ethical attorneys like David P. on our staff, and as you've learned from the school of hard knocks, having an exceptional tax relief attorney in your corner makes all the difference. We appreciate your business!

Jul. 1st, 2020

Antoinette Novi, MI

I was a bit skeptical in the initial beginning due to the fact that the company was out of State. But I will say I’m beyond words and beyond satisfied. They were very professional, detailed and treated me like family. It’s was like the company was right here. Special shout to Art who spent countless hours working on our case. He would spend late hours on the phone with our company he was compassionate and patient and got the job done for our company. I highly highly recommend this company. Thank you so much Art! I will never ever forget what you done for our company. You stopped our doors from being closed and saved many jobs because of it.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much, Antoinette! Our staff truly enjoyed working with you!

Jun. 23rd, 2020

Clint Lopez Lexington, KY

I owed the IRS a sum that was terrifying. Like I had bought a car. A friend suggested I look into tax attorneys. I researched and Fortress Financial cam up at or near the top. They are BBB accredited and I read numerous great reviews about them. I made the call and the rest is history. Their team including Laura C and Artour S explained and guided me through this process. They were very easy to work with and very knowledgeable. Because of their help we settled with me owing a fraction of what I would have had to pay. I would recommend the team at Fortress Financial in a heartbeat. They are Amazing!

Thank you Clint!

Jun. 15th, 2020

Frank Payne Alpharetta, GA

Have you been faced with millions of dollars in federal and state tax debt, losing your business and going through a major unexpected divorce? My name is Frank Payne, CEO of PQC International, Inc., for over 15 years, and that was my situation. I researched three companies (including Fortress) before making my final decision. I was looking for a reputable company with a good track record to ensure my IRS and state tax problem would be handled efficiently and effectively. Peter did an excellent job settling my matter with the IRS and the state tax agency. He worked diligently and hard to get a result that worked for me to resolve my issue for the long term. Because of Karlin (Peter's Assistant), communication was amazing, and concerns were addressed right away with outstanding results. They both did an outstanding job. I am extremely satisfied with the solution with federal and state tax agencies. Peter followed the case through to the end, and Karlin called and checked in on me every step of the way. Fortress is an outstanding tax resolution firm. They did their job, and my experience with them was off the charts. I will highly recommend Fortress to my family, friends, and others who need tax relief. Peter has become like a family member, and I truly appreciate him.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Our staff truly enjoyed working with you, Frank. Jumping for joy happy clients and spectacular results put huge smiles on our faces and make us eager to get out of bed every morning. Thank you for your business!

Jun. 10th, 2020

Tim McMahon Minneapolis, MN

They got you, what does that mean? It the same thing as your house being on fire and a fireman come through the door and gets you and your family out of your burning house. It the same thing sitting in a emergency ward feeling totally helpless because of the condition of a loved one and the doctor comes out and tells you it very serious but everything is going to be OK in the end. When your feeling like the there is no hope and do not know which way to turn or who to trust and the IRS is coming, listen to me, David F and Fortress Tax Relief got you! I know, lets just say what I thought was my house gone turned into a refund.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much for your business and your review! We're so glad we were able to put your "fire" out and move on to a better part of life.

Bill Kelley Punta Gorda, FL

I HIGHLY recommend Fortress Tax Relief to help you with your tax resolution needs. I have tried other tax resolution companies in the past only to discover their aggressive marketing campaigns were often misleading and ultimately unrealistic. Fortress on the other hand assigned a dedicated tax attorney to review my case and make REALISTIC recommendations on the best way to settle my tax obligations. Once we agreed on a suitable approach, the tax attorney worked directly with the IRS and negotiated a settlement that was fair, reasonable and affordable. I highly recommend Fortress…they did an amazing job for us!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you Bill! We pride ourselves on our integrity, and that means providing solutions that are realistic. Anyone shopping for tax relief services who likes the allure of false promises should call some of our less reputable competitors ;)

Denise J McHenry, IL

After speaking with many companies I decided on Fortress to handle my business tax problem. This decision proved to be the best for me. Throughout the process of reducing some taxes and settling on a payment plan for others, I was always contacted within a day of any questions or concerns I had. There were 2 people personally handling my account David and Heather, they were always in touch. I literally had an IRS agent knock on my door. I told him I had hired Fortress, thankfully I had done this only 2 days before, he left papers with me and asked that they contact him. After that I never spoke with the IRS again, every issue was handled through Fortress. I recommend this company to anyone looking for tax help, I didn't know what to do, where to go or what would happen until I found them and they put my mind at ease and handle it all.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your business and your review! We're blessed to have great employees like David and Heather who know what they're doing, get outstanding results, and deliver 5-star customer service. We're glad to hear that you had such a great experience working with them :)

Stuart B Burlingame, CA

After several years of falling further and further behind in my Payroll taxes, I was dreading the imminent call from the IRS. I did receive countless calls from tax attorneys and others promising miracles. One of the multitudes was Fortress Financial. But they seemed different. Tax attorney David F. listened to my story. And without the seemingly impossible guarantees being shoved in my ear, David did make me a promise. A conservative and professional approach that would move toward an incredible resolution. Through a few delays of my own fault, and many from the IRS, David's patience kept me and my tax woes on track. As of the moment, our proposal is in the hands of the IRS. In the meantime, thanks to Fortress Financial, I don't have to worry about levys. And since I my offer is being reviewed by the IRS, I do not need to make monthly installment payment for back taxes. Those savings amount to more than Fortresses fees. I appreciate that David and Heather either answer my calls, or at the least, return them promptly. I have great trust in Fortress Financial and highly recommend them.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience working with our staff! The straight talk, quality work, and exceptional customer service you described is what we aim for with each and every one of our valued clients, and we're glad to hear that we hit those marks with you!

Feb. 4th, 2020

Chavalit Phonpituck Bend, OR

My friend recommended Fortress Financial and I called and spoke with Joe. He explained, very professionally about the tax problem I had. They did not promise me what I could get resolved, but they would do the best they could and I would be happy with the solution. After I spoke with my attorney, Peter B, he took care of me right away and was very knowledgeable about tax solutions. His assistant, Karlin H, was available for all my questions and I am very happy with the results. They both did very, very well. I am very satisfied with the solution. Peter followed the case through to the end and Karlin called and checked in on me every step of the way. I have liens against me and they plan to follow up with that. In the future, if I ever need help, I will use them again and am happy to recommend them to all my friends.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're so glad that we were able to help you! You make a great point about the importance of not being promised some grandiose result. The government approves the result, so anyone making bold and specific promises isn't being sincere. Anyone seeking tax relief assistance would be well advised to seek out the best people, not the best sounding promises. Thank you for your business and your review!

Jan. 29th, 2020

George W. Akin Austin, TX

In light of our aggravating IRS situation, Seyward helped us coordinate information by providing easy-to-follow directions in a genial, reassuring manner- that was just what was needed as we navigated unknown waters with that invidious, intimidating agency. Regarding her boss- David P's no-nonsense approach and diligent efforts to find an accountable principal at the IRS with whom to negotiate produced almost instantaneous results, and we were able to overcome the initial hardships imposed by the IRS without further financial fallout. These are the folks to call for no-hassles outcomes in your favor.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share about your experience working with our team!

Nov. 22nd, 2019

Diana Virginia Beach, VA

Fortress came to our assistance when all other options failed when negotiating with the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS agent was difficult to work with. When we contacted Fortress that took care of the problem immediately. They were able to negotiate a payment plan that fit into our budget. Artour, the tax attorney and Nick his assistant were completely hands on and persistent until the matter was resolved. I would recommend them to anyone who has a tax related issue. They take the stress out of your life and work directly with the IRS or state tax agency. Thank you Fortress. Diana

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

The experience you described is exactly what we strive for with each and every one of our valued clients. Thank you so much for your business and for taking the time to provide feedback!

Oct. 3rd, 2019

Hy S. Hialeah, FL

I was hesitant to work with Fortress because I'd previously worked with a company that wasted a lot of my time and money. That was far from the case with Fortress. Fortress Financial helped me resolve tax matters that haunted me from years past so I can move on with my life. The communication was effective, thorough, and always courteous. The staff (even the assistants, which is often rare) are competent and knowledgable. They were able to maintain communication with the IRS and keep me abreast during the process. I received a favorable tax settlement with the IRS, and I know it was the folks at Fortress played an integral role in making it happen. I greatly appreciate having them work my file and I wish them all the best.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much for your business and for your review! Our staff really enjoyed working with you and we are delighted with the outcome!

Apr. 19th, 2019

Ardelia Taylor Benicia, CA

My experience was seamless. I was beyond stressed out! Sayward and David took the stress away. I was kept informed with my case, and always received courteous, prompt service and responses.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Although our objective is to resolve tax debts as favorably as we possibly can, many of our clients report that we significantly reduced their stress. We're glad to hear that David and Sayward took your stress away. Thank you for your business!

Nov. 3rd, 2021

Bryan Dunlop Carbondale, CO

Very helpful and always professional. They were extremely helpful assisting with my Tax issue which took the stress out of the entire process. I would most definitely recommend their services.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're glad our staff was able to take the stress out of the process for you. Thank you!

Oct. 28th, 2021

Craig Mason Duluth, MN

I am pleased with the outcome of my case. Mr. F. was always direct and honest with his advice. He didn't make claims that could not be kept. The results are much better than I expected. Mr. F. and Ms. W. were good about keeping me up to date. Craig Mason

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Pleasing you pleases us! Thank you!

Aug. 18th, 2021

Nichole Twigg ,

I was a 1099 independent contractor and unfortunately got myself in a lot of tax debt . Before finding Fortress tax relief I had hired an accountant and attorney and both were a waste of money and time that didn’t help my situation. Once I a become a client of Fortress my problems were immediately being resolved . I completely recommend them to anyone in need of tax debt guidance and relief.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your business.

Feb. 28th, 2021

Adam Palmetto, FL

The experience my wife & I had with Fortress Tax Relief could not have been any better. The communication from them was superb. They were honest & open with us from the start. Same day answers to questions we had. They were available via email or phone. David was fantastic as was Sayward. They walked us step by step through the process of resolving the tax issue we had with the IRS. Our problem was solved with their help only. The result we got from them regarding the issue with the IRS was stellar, it could not have been better. Adam

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're glad to hear that you had such a great experience working with our staff!. Thank you!

Oct. 6th, 2020

dkjets Hillsboro, OR

Art and his legal team were amazingg guides helping negotiate both our business and personal tax debt. His calm and clear approach helped us to understand the process of resolution. They offered us solid advice in what seemed like a overwhelming debt. Thank you for taking the time to learn our circumstance and work to resolve a plan of repayment that was within our ability to pay.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're fortunate to have outstanding tax relief attorneys, like Art, on our staff, and we're always delighted to negotiate an agreement that makes a positive impact on the lives of our clients. Thank you so much for your business and your review!

Sep. 10th, 2020

Amber Nehring Bellevue, NE

David P and Sayward B with Fortress have been absolutely the best to work with! I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of help settling their tax debt with the IRS! At first I had tried to work directly with the IRS officer about setting up payments to take care of our tax debt and that proved to be a nightmare. Hiring Fortress Tax Relief was the best decision we could have made. It was such a relief to have them dealing with the IRS on our behalf and they have done an amazing job negotiating and monitoring everything along the way.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your business and your review! We're so glad we could help!

Aug. 27th, 2020

Adam Lasser Milford, PA

The team at Fortress was extremely responsive and helpful with providing me guidance and advice for my unique situation. They also did a fine job acting as an intermediary and bringing things to a successful conclusion. The outcome more than made up for the fee for their services. There was no doubt that their vast experience and knowledge of how things work made the difference. I highly recommend Fortress Tax Relief.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Our staff truly enjoyed working with you, and we're delighted with the outcome. Thank you so much for your business and your review!

Aug. 25th, 2020

Susan J Newfield, NJ

Through a series of miscommunications we ended up with a pretty substantial tax penalty and lien. We tried to resolve it ourselves and with our corporate attorney and accountant but did not get anywhere with the IRS. Jeremy was able to get the the penalty reduced to almost nothing with one letter. They had the expertise and contacts to resolve the problem quickly and easily.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much for your business and for taking the time to share about your experience working with our staff! Many people don't understand that tax resolution is a very small niche within a very large tax industry. Few accountants and tax attorneys have much experience in resolving back tax debts, and your experience underscores how important it can be to have not just a tax pro, but an actual tax resolution pro on your side when it comes to resolving a tax liability. We're delighted that things turned out so well with your case!

Sep. 6th, 2019

Layne Beller Fayetteville, AR

Small business can be very risky, and the consequences to that risk can be great whether good or bad. Sometimes things don't go as you hoped, and despite well intentions, tax burdens can begin to build up and spiral out of control. It can happen to anyone. It happened to me. I owed the IRS over $300k in back taxes, and penalties before meeting David and Sayward at Fortress Financial. With David's expertise and Sayward's hard work, we were able to settle with the IRS for only $5k!!! I don't know how they do it, but I recommend Fortress Financial for any tax issue big or small.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much for your business and your review! We love saving our clients money and negotiating tiny settlements. We are really happy that we were able negotiate such a spectacular settlement for you!

May. 29th, 2019

Jannet Schraer Vacaville, CA

My tax challenges were complex and time-consuming. Sayward B and David P hung in there through all the gruesome details of unraveling my 5+ year tax issues. They were patient and compassionate. They kept me focused and encourages and now I am not afraid of the IRA any more. It's a liberating feeling and I am deeply grateful for their expertise and kindness. Jannet

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much for your review and your business! Our staff really enjoyed working with you!

Apr. 29th, 2019

Jana B Warren, ME

Everyone at Fortress Financial was amazing! They asked in-depth questions to determine my exact needs, dealt with the IRS on my behalf and were able to generate an AMAZING offer-in-compromise that has literally changed my life! They were always extremely prompt when answering any questions and have even checked up on me a few times after the fact. I cannot recommend them enough!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you Jana! Our staff enjoyed working with you and we're delighted that we were able to play a role in changing your life for the better!

May. 29th, 2019

Tracy Kraemer Trenton, NJ

I was very hesitant to call any lawyer about my tax issues.Just hearing about rip off Lawyers scared me .Boy am I glade I called them.Speaking to David P and his assistant Sayward B,change my mind.I highly recommend Fortress Financial.Words of advice ......Don’t wait as long as I did to ask for help....I can’t thank both of them enough.Im still doing the happy dance 🌻❤️🌻

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

When our clients are happy, we're happy! Thank you so much Tracy!

Apr. 19th, 2019

Working with Fortress Tax Relief has given us a peace of mind we would have certainly lacked otherwise. Our questions are answered promptly and our options explained clearly. Resolving issues with the IRS is certainly a process we would not want to tackle on our own and thankfully we don't have to with Fortress on our side. For us the process is ongoing, hence the four stars. When it is resolved and over we will be so happy five stars would be too little - T

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your business and your feedback! The IRS sometimes moves at the speed of a stubborn donkey, and that is an apt description of what they are doing with your case. We have you protected from enforcement, we've confirmed that the IRS has received everything they require for approval, and we will continue to do everything within reason to speed up the process. We hope to receive a "6-star" review from you soon!

Jan. 29th, 2021

Bill Firing Littleton, CO

I worked with the team at Fortress Tax Relief over the past year for an OIC settlement that reduced my liability with the IRS from six-figures plus to less than $4,000. David and his assistant Sayward were informed, efficient and effective. I highly recommend their services.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're thrilled with the results of your case and appreciate your business!

Jan. 28th, 2021