Fortress Tax Relief

6.9

Fortress Tax Relief started in 2003 and is based in Bend, Oregon. The company provides a wide range of tax relief services and solutions. Fortress Tax Relief utilizes a team of licensed tax attorneys.

Fortress Tax Relief claims to be the only sizable tax resolution company where every case is handled personally by a licensed attorney who practices back tax resolution exclusively.

The company's attorneys go through rigorous one-on-one training of 500 hours or more with one of the leading tax resolution attorneys in the industry prior to handling cases.

Additionally, Fortress Tax Relief's attorneys have over 60 years of tax resolution experience at Fortress.

While Fortress Tax Relief is a member of the National Association of Tax Resolution Companies, it does not appear to be a member of top professional associations in the industry, including the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS), the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), or the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA).

However, clients can be confident that each of Fortress’ team members is a licensed attorney and brings a high-level of tax law expertise to their cases.

The Good

• Tax Relief Services
  • Trained Attorneys
  • The Process
  • Money-Back Guarantee

Tax Relief Services

Clients can enjoy a free, no-obligation consultation that allows Fortress to grasp the client's unique tax situation. Fortress Tax Relief works with experienced tax attorneys that can help clients with a variety of tax problems.

The attorneys specialize in tax issues like wage garnishments, levies, seizures, business and personal assets, etc. They can also help protect bank accounts, and accounts receivable.

The company offers multiple tax resolution services, like installment agreements, offers in compromise, penalty abatements, innocent spouse relief, and more.

An installment agreement is a payment plan set up with the IRS or state tax department that allows taxpayers to meet their full tax liability over time with affordable payments.

An offer in compromise is a debt settlement agreement with the IRS. It allows taxpayers to pay the IRS less than their current tax debt if the offer is accepted.

Penalty abatement is trickier to have approved. It removes penalties for unpaid taxes. These penalties include wage garnishments, levies, and liens.

Trained Attorneys

All Fortress Tax Relief's attorneys are highly experienced in the tax industry and come from top-tier law schools. Additionally, the attorneys each go through a rigorous one-on-one training period of 500 hours with a top tax resolution attorney in the industry.

The Process

Potential clients can first take advantage of a free, no-obligation consultation. If they decide to contract with Fortress Tax Relief, they will fill out some easy intake paperwork, and then be assigned to a tax attorney.

The company guarantees that the case will personally be handled from start to finish by an experienced tax attorney. The ability to work directly with a tax attorney is one of the most valuable features of Fortress Tax Relief.

Money-Back Guarantee

If one goes through with the initial attorney consultation and does not feel comfortable, they can back out of all services within 24 hours to receive a full refund.

The Bad

• Missing Some Professional Memberships
  • No CPAs or Enrolled Agents

Missing Some Professional Memberships

Even though Fortress Tax Relief does not appear to be a member of top professional associations in the industry, including the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS), the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), or the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA).

Fortress Tax Relief does not employ enrolled agents, so the lack of NAEA membership should not be concerning.

Additionally, all attorneys must pass their state’s bar exam before they can practice law. The ability to pass the bar exam demonstrates a lawyer’s legal knowledge.

Fortress Tax Relief is dedicated to having effective lawyers on staff, so it also provides additional training to lawyers on its team. The opportunity to work with a licensed attorney with tax law expertise and get legal advice is an advantage of choosing Fortress' relief services.

No CPAs or Enrolled Agents

Fortress Tax Relief exclusively works with a team of six tax attorneys. The company sees this as a good thing since everyone on the team is extremely qualified and trained. It argues that attorneys usually possess negotiation skills that are superior to accountants.

However, some may be disappointed that there are no CPAs or enrolled agents on staff to help round out the team, especially if they are interested in a broad range of tax services including tax preparation.

The Bottom Line

Fortress Tax Relief offers a variety of resolution services, and the company utilizes a team of highly trained attorneys. An attorney is assigned to personally handle each client's case from start to finish.

While Fortress Tax Relief does not have all of the professional memberships in the industry, its lawyers are highly trained and qualified. Additionally, the money-back guarantee is only valid for a very short period of time; however, Fortress' pros outweigh the cons. The company is worth exploring, alongside other companies, for tax relief services.

Call our recommended rep over at Fortress Tax Relief below.

Message from
Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your interest in Fortress Tax Relief! Nearly all tax relief companies employ accountants as their primary type of professional to help taxpayers resolve serious tax liabilities. The problem is that by the time a tax liability gets to collections, the accounting part is almost always over and done. What sets Fortress apart is the fact that all of our cases are handled personally by a licensed tax attorney who has extensive experience resolving unpaid tax debts. The successful resolution of a tax liability requires defending the rights of the taxpayer, advocating on behalf of the client, building as strong of a case as possible given the facts and circumstances, and presenting that case in a compelling fashion — often both verbally and in writing. Consequently, the skill set of an attorney is far better suited to tackling a tax debt than that of an accountant, and Fortress clients can expect better results. Our caring and knowledgeable professionals will be happy to explain how we can prevent bank levies, wage garnishments, and asset seizures, as well as resolve your tax debt with the most favorable terms available by law, potentially saving you many thousands of dollars.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

4.9

bookmark

Featured Review

Denise J McHenry, IL

After speaking with many companies I decided on Fortress to handle my business tax problem. This decision proved to be the best for me. Throughout the process of reducing some taxes and settling on a payment plan for others, I was always contacted within a day of any questions or concerns I had. There were 2 people personally handling my account David and Heather, they were always in touch. I literally had an IRS agent knock on my door. I told him I had hired Fortress, thankfully I had done this only 2 days before, he left papers with me and asked that they contact him. After that I never spoke with the IRS again, every issue was handled through Fortress. I recommend this company to anyone looking for tax help, I didn't know what to do, where to go or what would happen until I found them and they put my mind at ease and handle it all.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your business and your review! We're blessed to have great employees like David and Heather who know what they're doing, get outstanding results, and deliver 5-star customer service. We're glad to hear that you had such a great experience working with them :)

bookmark

Featured Review

Stuart B Burlingame, CA

After several years of falling further and further behind in my Payroll taxes, I was dreading the imminent call from the IRS. I did receive countless calls from tax attorneys and others promising miracles. One of the multitudes was Fortress Financial. But they seemed different. Tax attorney David F. listened to my story. And without the seemingly impossible guarantees being shoved in my ear, David did make me a promise. A conservative and professional approach that would move toward an incredible resolution. Through a few delays of my own fault, and many from the IRS, David's patience kept me and my tax woes on track. As of the moment, our proposal is in the hands of the IRS. In the meantime, thanks to Fortress Financial, I don't have to worry about levys. And since I my offer is being reviewed by the IRS, I do not need to make monthly installment payment for back taxes. Those savings amount to more than Fortresses fees. I appreciate that David and Heather either answer my calls, or at the least, return them promptly. I have great trust in Fortress Financial and highly recommend them.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience working with our staff! The straight talk, quality work, and exceptional customer service you described is what we aim for with each and every one of our valued clients, and we're glad to hear that we hit those marks with you!

Feb. 4th, 2020

Jerry Liu Washington, DC

After 35 years in business, the recession brought hard times and trouble with the IRS. As soon as the liens were filed, we were bombarded with solicitations from firms offering tax relief counseling. I discarded those mailings that use alarmist tactics to get your attention. I did call several that seemed more professional and was pleased when one firm, upon learning I had spoken with Fortress, endorsed them and told me I would be in good hands. David F. of Fortress guided us through the bewildering and intimidating process of seeking a resolution with the IRS that allowed us to build the business back up, while he interacted directly with them on our behalf. It is worth working with an experienced professional.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Fortress, along with a long list of tax relief competitors, markets directly to businesses against whom a tax lien has been filed. Many competitors' standard operating procedure is to drag all competing companies' names through the mud. Fortress refrains from stooping to their level and joining in the mud-slinging game. Our reputation speaks for itself. The fact that a competitor actually endorsed us is almost unheard of in this industry, but actually happens somewhat regularly to us. Thank you for putting your trust in Fortress and for taking the time to post a review!

Apr. 15th, 2021

Liz B. Plymouth, MA

Seeking tax relief is not exactly a task anyone would like to undertake, however, the Team at Fortress made the situation and the process pleasant and effective. Both our attorney and his support staff showed understanding without judgement, dedication to our case and tenacity to achieve the desired outcome. Our case was handled swiftly and their attention to constant communication kept us in the loop throughout the process. Many thanks to Fortress for making a tough situation bearable

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much for your kind words! You make a great point. A tax problem is not just a financial problem. It's a human problem. We always strive to reduce our clients' stress level, and to provide them with caring and compassionate assistance during a difficult time. We're delighted to hear that our staff helped make your situation more bearable.

Apr. 13th, 2021

Steve Z Cincinnati, OH

We have worked with Fortress on several tax relief issues and highly recommend them. They are competent, professional and extremely responsive to our needs. Artour seems personally invested in the outcome of our case and continues to provide advice and guidance towards resolution.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you! We're fortunate to employ exceptional attorneys like Artour who understand that this is much more than "just a job." Our clients' financial well being--and everything that depends on it--is at stake. So yes, we ARE personally invested in each case and will fight just as hard for any client as we would if we were representing one of our own immediate family members.

Apr. 13th, 2021

Joy Bell Cartersville, GA

David P. and Sayward have always been very helpful in addressing tax problems and working very diligently to secure a workable solution. My relationship with this company has been very positive.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're glad to hear that your experience working with our staff was a positive one. Thank you for your business!

Apr. 5th, 2021

Murphy ,

Thank you Fortress Tax Relief for making the process simple, stress-free and getting a result far better than we hoped for. We highly recommend their services to anyone seeking tax relief.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

It's been a pleasure having you as a client. We appreciate your business and your feedback!

Mar. 31st, 2021

Ken Davis Minneapolis, MN

I experienced nothing but professionalism. This company completely changed my life. They worked with me and in the end resolved all matters. I would recommend this company. Fortress Tax Relief fought for me and treated me like a person, not a number. I felt every time I called or reached out I was the most important client. They were always ready to help and attentive to every detail or concern I was having. I was able to move forward financially because I had a team that fought for me. My financial future is under control due to the knowledge and expertise of Fortress Tax Relief.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're so glad to hear that our staff made you feel like our most important client because that is exactly how we strive to make every client feel. Thank you for your business!

Mar. 16th, 2021

Karen ,

Our company had a very large tax bill. I was very nervous on what may happen as we couldn’t pay it all. Peter and Karlin were great and put me at ease. They are both extremely knowledgeable and knew what needed to be done.

Thank you!

Mar. 16th, 2021

Nichole Twigg ,

I was a 1099 independent contractor and unfortunately got myself in a lot of tax debt . Before finding Fortress tax relief I had hired an accountant and attorney and both were a waste of money and time that didn’t help my situation. Once I a become a client of Fortress my problems were immediately being resolved . I completely recommend them to anyone in need of tax debt guidance and relief.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your business.

Feb. 28th, 2021

Cheri Walker Branford, FL

Thorough, knowledgeable, extremely kind.

Feb. 22nd, 2021

Christie Lekwuwa Cementon, PA

I was at my wits end because I owed thousands of dollars in back taxes to the IRS. I was getting certified letters every other day from the IRS. Also, they were threatening to hit me with a levy. Initially, I tried another tax place but the guy I talked to literally laughed at me and was like can't you handle this problem yourself. I am thinking to myself if I felt like I could why would I be calling around for help. I believe his rejection was a blessing in disguise because after that I called Fortress Tax Relief. They were very prompt with getting back to me. Everyone at Fortress Tax Relief are very friendly, welcoming and professional. The individual who helped me to resolve my case was Mr. Artour S.. He thoroughly explained my options and was very prompt with working on my case with the IRS. Mr. S. helped me come to a satisfactory conclusion and an affordable payment plan with the IRS. I would recommend them to anyone who feels like they are in over their heads when it comes to the IRS.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're fortunate to have dedicated, caring, and talented tax attorneys like Art on our staff, and we're equally fortunate to have great clients like you. Thank you for your business and your review!

Feb. 19th, 2021

Amanda Stablein Albany, OR

After speaking with Fortress Tax Relief the first time, I was ready to use this company to help me resolve my tax debt with the IRS. They were professional, informative and hard working.

Thank you!

Feb. 2nd, 2021

Working with Fortress Tax Relief has given us a peace of mind we would have certainly lacked otherwise. Our questions are answered promptly and our options explained clearly. Resolving issues with the IRS is certainly a process we would not want to tackle on our own and thankfully we don't have to with Fortress on our side. For us the process is ongoing, hence the four stars. When it is resolved and over we will be so happy five stars would be too little - T

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your business and your feedback! The IRS sometimes moves at the speed of a stubborn donkey, and that is an apt description of what they are doing with your case. We have you protected from enforcement, we've confirmed that the IRS has received everything they require for approval, and we will continue to do everything within reason to speed up the process. We hope to receive a "6-star" review from you soon!

Jan. 29th, 2021

Bill Firing Littleton, CO

I worked with the team at Fortress Tax Relief over the past year for an OIC settlement that reduced my liability with the IRS from six-figures plus to less than $4,000. David and his assistant Sayward were informed, efficient and effective. I highly recommend their services.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're thrilled with the results of your case and appreciate your business!

Jan. 28th, 2021

KL St. Petersburg, FL

I hired Fortress Financial after I received a small business related tax bill from the IRS for over $400,000 that was from well over a decade ago. I felt panicked and immediately started researching tax professionals to help. I actually chose Fortress after reading a negative review. The detailed response made sense to me and I felt very confident that they had done their job well. All of the other positive reviews added to that confidence and I was impressed that they really take the time to read reviews and respond appropriately and professionally. It was also important to me that I have a tax attorney, not a CPA. My situation felt complicated and overwhelming. Shout out to Mike, Peter and Karlin! When I reached out, Mike called me and immediately and was kind, professional and knowledgeable, putting me at ease immediately. Throughout the process, much was taken off my plate and taken care of by Peter and Karlin. They worked through 3 offer denials from the IRS, delays during Covid and always kept me up to date and informed, sometimes just reaching out to see if I had concerns. I am so very thrilled to say that the IRS has accepted an offer that is so much better than I had dared hope, under $10,000! I am sending a check today to have this behind me forever and the weight of what felt like the world off my shoulders. Thank you Fortress Financial! I would highly recommend you to anyone. Side note...I love the song when I call and am being transferred! Made me smile every time! Thank you all!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're thrilled with the results on your case, and proud of our staff for fighting through 3 denials until finally getting the IRS to relent. Great job Mike, Peter, and Karlin!

Oct. 29th, 2020

Robin Springfield, IL

We owed several years of taxes we could not pay and I tried to work with the IRS on a payment plan and was denied. After stressing and many sleepless nights I researched top tax attorneys. Fortress always came up first with excellent reviews. I did first look up reviews on the Better Business Bureau and Google and was very pleased with what I saw so I gave them a call. I’ve been working with David and Heather for almost 5 years now and happy to say we finally made our last payment. The payment plan David secured with the IRS was very manageable. David and Heather always communicated and explained every question I had, always responded to my emails, and were very easy to work with for the entire time. I would definitely give Fortress Financial five stars and hope that I never need to use them again , but if so , they will be certainly be who I call. Thank you for making our life less stressful.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Your experience trying to set up an affordable monthly payment with the IRS illustrates how much more difficult this can be to accomplish than people realize. We're happy to hear how David and Heather helped reduce your stress. As much as we appreciate your business and have enjoyed having you as a client, we, too, hope that you never need our services again. We strive to get it right the first time so that our clients NEVER wind up in tax collections again! Wishing you a happy, and IRS-free future!

Oct. 29th, 2020

SNT Automotive Linthicum Heights, MD

There are not enough adjectives of praise in the English language I could use to show our gratitude towards Fortress Financial. They are a top notch organization. If you are seeking for someone to face off with the IRS, we highly recommend these folks. We first started trying to tackle our IRS issue with a local law firm that our accountant recommended and after months (and 10’s of thousands $ later), all they did was set up a payment plan. No reduction in the amount owed. We could not maintain these payments. We got into this mess because our profit margin was thin. So, having another $3,000 monthly bill was impossible to maintain. As most business owners out there can relate; What do we do in situations like this? We reduce our #1 expense, which is payroll. Well, things still must get done and this falls right on the business owner’s lap, but the IRS issue does not go away. DO NOT IGNORE IT! I know where you are at right now, scared to see the Mailman. Scared to answer that call showing GOV on your caller ID. Scared to go home and see a slip on your front door stating there is a CERT mail from the IRS. Scared to see a text message from the bank alerting your bank account is very low, which prompts you to check your account online. The account that showed $30,000 yesterday is now negative $2,000 and tomorrow payroll is due! STOP being scared and call Fortress Financial. Do it right now! They will be your frontline force and handle ALL IRS inquiries, so you can focus on your business. I can write a book on why you should use Fortress Financial. They took a sizable IRS debit (and I mean sizable), down to a fraction owed. In fact, so low, we are able to settle with one check! My father was a Marine and fought in both WWII and the Korean War and he told me a story that fits this review perfectly. The Army (you) was in full retreat. They were being overrun by a sizable force (IRS). There was one Marine, digging a foxhole right in the middle of the road. He told the retreating Army, “Don’t worry guys. Stand behind me. This is how far they will get”. Fortress is that Marine.

Oorah!

ZZ Union City, CA

They were prompt, efficient and relieved the burden and pressure after our first contact with the company. They handled everything and made the stress fall away.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Life is stressful enough without a tax debt. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to remove the tax-stress from your life!

Adam Palmetto, FL

The experience my wife & I had with Fortress Tax Relief could not have been any better. The communication from them was superb. They were honest & open with us from the start. Same day answers to questions we had. They were available via email or phone. David was fantastic as was Sayward. They walked us step by step through the process of resolving the tax issue we had with the IRS. Our problem was solved with their help only. The result we got from them regarding the issue with the IRS was stellar, it could not have been better. Adam

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're glad to hear that you had such a great experience working with our staff!. Thank you!

dkjets Hillsboro, OR

Art and his legal team were amazingg guides helping negotiate both our business and personal tax debt. His calm and clear approach helped us to understand the process of resolution. They offered us solid advice in what seemed like a overwhelming debt. Thank you for taking the time to learn our circumstance and work to resolve a plan of repayment that was within our ability to pay.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're fortunate to have outstanding tax relief attorneys, like Art, on our staff, and we're always delighted to negotiate an agreement that makes a positive impact on the lives of our clients. Thank you so much for your business and your review!

Sep. 10th, 2020

Tony G. Schertz, TX

I appreciated the quick responses and the relief to my needs, having people that can relate to my issues and then reassuring someone that they are working on my behalf is a relief. Sometimes folks need help and this was what my experience was. Great!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

You've been a great client, Tony. Thank you so much for your business and your review!

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Amber Nehring Bellevue, NE

David P and Sayward B with Fortress have been absolutely the best to work with! I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of help settling their tax debt with the IRS! At first I had tried to work directly with the IRS officer about setting up payments to take care of our tax debt and that proved to be a nightmare. Hiring Fortress Tax Relief was the best decision we could have made. It was such a relief to have them dealing with the IRS on our behalf and they have done an amazing job negotiating and monitoring everything along the way.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your business and your review! We're so glad we could help!

Aug. 27th, 2020

Adam Lasser Milford, PA

The team at Fortress was extremely responsive and helpful with providing me guidance and advice for my unique situation. They also did a fine job acting as an intermediary and bringing things to a successful conclusion. The outcome more than made up for the fee for their services. There was no doubt that their vast experience and knowledge of how things work made the difference. I highly recommend Fortress Tax Relief.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Our staff truly enjoyed working with you, and we're delighted with the outcome. Thank you so much for your business and your review!

Aug. 25th, 2020

Dirk Davidson Chicago, IL

We had a need to resolve a long-standing matter with the Internal Revenue Service. We had attempted to do using other advisors with no success. One previous "national" advisor was convicted of consumer fraud, and the other "national advisor" refused to "box" their fees and when it came time to really get the work done with the IRS, their fees where shocking and unacceptable. Fortress Tax Relief, in contrast, quoted their reasonable fees up front, were reasonable as to payment terms, were clear in their advice, timely in their negotiations with the IRS, completely reachable the entire time, and ultimately successful, achieving very nearly our personal "best case scenario." We found our Fortress Lawyer, David P, to be exceptional. We believe having an accomplished tax attorney doing all the talking for us with the IRS made the difference.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much, Dirk! We aim to deliver honest, superior quality service at reasonable rates to each and every one of our valued clients, and we're glad to hear we hit those marks with you. We're fortunate to have highly skilled, experienced, and ethical attorneys like David P. on our staff, and as you've learned from the school of hard knocks, having an exceptional tax relief attorney in your corner makes all the difference. We appreciate your business!

Jul. 1st, 2020

Antoinette Novi, MI

I was a bit skeptical in the initial beginning due to the fact that the company was out of State. But I will say I’m beyond words and beyond satisfied. They were very professional, detailed and treated me like family. It’s was like the company was right here. Special shout to Art who spent countless hours working on our case. He would spend late hours on the phone with our company he was compassionate and patient and got the job done for our company. I highly highly recommend this company. Thank you so much Art! I will never ever forget what you done for our company. You stopped our doors from being closed and saved many jobs because of it.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much, Antoinette! Our staff truly enjoyed working with you!

Jun. 23rd, 2020

Clint Lopez Lexington, KY

I owed the IRS a sum that was terrifying. Like I had bought a car. A friend suggested I look into tax attorneys. I researched and Fortress Financial cam up at or near the top. They are BBB accredited and I read numerous great reviews about them. I made the call and the rest is history. Their team including Laura C and Artour S explained and guided me through this process. They were very easy to work with and very knowledgeable. Because of their help we settled with me owing a fraction of what I would have had to pay. I would recommend the team at Fortress Financial in a heartbeat. They are Amazing!

Thank you Clint!

Jun. 15th, 2020

Frank Payne Alpharetta, GA

Have you been faced with millions of dollars in federal and state tax debt, losing your business and going through a major unexpected divorce? My name is Frank Payne, CEO of PQC International, Inc., for over 15 years, and that was my situation. I researched three companies (including Fortress) before making my final decision. I was looking for a reputable company with a good track record to ensure my IRS and state tax problem would be handled efficiently and effectively. Peter did an excellent job settling my matter with the IRS and the state tax agency. He worked diligently and hard to get a result that worked for me to resolve my issue for the long term. Because of Karlin (Peter's Assistant), communication was amazing, and concerns were addressed right away with outstanding results. They both did an outstanding job. I am extremely satisfied with the solution with federal and state tax agencies. Peter followed the case through to the end, and Karlin called and checked in on me every step of the way. Fortress is an outstanding tax resolution firm. They did their job, and my experience with them was off the charts. I will highly recommend Fortress to my family, friends, and others who need tax relief. Peter has become like a family member, and I truly appreciate him.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Our staff truly enjoyed working with you, Frank. Jumping for joy happy clients and spectacular results put huge smiles on our faces and make us eager to get out of bed every morning. Thank you for your business!

Jun. 10th, 2020

Ashley Sweet Wells River, VT

This was a easy process to relieve substantial stress. Communication was amazing, concerns were addressed right away with outstanding results. Even during the COVID 19, they were there to help and assist anyway they could. They kept me updated about my status and resolved the issues in a timely manner.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much! We're glad to hear that we were able to make the process easy, reduce your stress, and get an outstanding result on your behalf!

Jun. 1st, 2020

Executive Expert The Bronx, NY

The person handling our case was very polite and took care of the issue wonderfully.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your business and your review!

Jun. 1st, 2020

Tim McMahon Minneapolis, MN

They got you, what does that mean? It the same thing as your house being on fire and a fireman come through the door and gets you and your family out of your burning house. It the same thing sitting in a emergency ward feeling totally helpless because of the condition of a loved one and the doctor comes out and tells you it very serious but everything is going to be OK in the end. When your feeling like the there is no hope and do not know which way to turn or who to trust and the IRS is coming, listen to me, David F and Fortress Tax Relief got you! I know, lets just say what I thought was my house gone turned into a refund.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much for your business and your review! We're so glad we were able to put your "fire" out and move on to a better part of life.

Bill Kelley Punta Gorda, FL

I HIGHLY recommend Fortress Tax Relief to help you with your tax resolution needs. I have tried other tax resolution companies in the past only to discover their aggressive marketing campaigns were often misleading and ultimately unrealistic. Fortress on the other hand assigned a dedicated tax attorney to review my case and make REALISTIC recommendations on the best way to settle my tax obligations. Once we agreed on a suitable approach, the tax attorney worked directly with the IRS and negotiated a settlement that was fair, reasonable and affordable. I highly recommend Fortress…they did an amazing job for us!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you Bill! We pride ourselves on our integrity, and that means providing solutions that are realistic. Anyone shopping for tax relief services who likes the allure of false promises should call some of our less reputable competitors ;)

Brad and Terri Portland, OR

My husband and I used another tax consultant. We ended up spending a lot of money with them and got no results. Fortress Tax Relief were amazing! They were very professional and followed up with all correspondences with the IRS. We ended up getting an Offer in Compromise for pennies on the dollar!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much! Our staff really enjoyed working with you, and we couldn't be happier with the settlement we reached on your behalf!

Kendra McCann San Bernardino, CA

I have been working with Sayward B for over a year and she has been extremely helpful. I was new to the responsibilities of business taxes and she, with great patience, walked me through each and every step of filing etc. She is the best resource I have when trying to navigate current and past tax issues and her knowledge is rock solid.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you Kendra! We're proud of our top-notch service staff and fortunate to have outstanding employees like Sayward. You hit the nail on the head when you called her "rock solid."

Ryan Weger Edmond, OK

David, and Sayward at Fortress Tax relief have been great help to me with the IRS situation I found myself in. I would greatly recommend them to anyone who has tax issues.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your feedback! Fortress is fortunate to have a staff full of fantastic employees like David and Sayward. Hearing that you are happy with our services makes us happy!

Mar. 31st, 2020

Adrian Michael Steik Spokane, WA

Great Value in attorneys dedicated to helping with tax debt issues. The IRS is a major pain and you cannot do it by yourself. We tried and they lied repeatedly during the process. Placing an attorney between us and the IRS was a great move.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your business and your review! We do aim to deliver excellent value by employing very good attorneys, while offering rates similar to other firms that employ enrolled agents. We're delighted to hear how happy you are with our services!

Feb. 12th, 2020

Jorge Pimiento Orlando, FL

Fortress Financial guide me through this stressful issue with the IRS, with confidence, excellence and with the assurance that at the end I will achieve a result expected and that would benefit me and my company greatly. Very grateful with Mr. S and Mr. B.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're grateful to have had you as a client and appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience working with our staff!

Jan. 30th, 2020

Chavalit Phonpituck Bend, OR

My friend recommended Fortress Financial and I called and spoke with Joe. He explained, very professionally about the tax problem I had. They did not promise me what I could get resolved, but they would do the best they could and I would be happy with the solution. After I spoke with my attorney, Peter B, he took care of me right away and was very knowledgeable about tax solutions. His assistant, Karlin H, was available for all my questions and I am very happy with the results. They both did very, very well. I am very satisfied with the solution. Peter followed the case through to the end and Karlin called and checked in on me every step of the way. I have liens against me and they plan to follow up with that. In the future, if I ever need help, I will use them again and am happy to recommend them to all my friends.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

We're so glad that we were able to help you! You make a great point about the importance of not being promised some grandiose result. The government approves the result, so anyone making bold and specific promises isn't being sincere. Anyone seeking tax relief assistance would be well advised to seek out the best people, not the best sounding promises. Thank you for your business and your review!

Jan. 29th, 2020

ROBERT M DOOLEY Birmingham, MI

Professional, methodical and the most capable of achieving the results you need when your up against no hope situations with the IRS.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your kind words and your business! Though it may feel, at times, like there is no hope with the IRS, there always is. We love restoring hope for our fixing their tax problems once and for all!

Jan. 23rd, 2020

Alex Riojas Laredo, TX

The company is very professional and always keeps you informed about what is happening with the case with IRS. Furthermore, the Lawyer will look at every alternative in regards to the case, and provide the best solution possible. I strongly recommend Fortress Financial Services.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for the kind words Alex! It is our pleasure to work with you!

Jan. 14th, 2020

Bob T Naples, FL

We received superior and outstanding service from the team at Fortress. They guided us through the process with care and expertise and obtained great results. We give them the highest recommendation.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for the kind words Bob. It was a pleasure to work with you!

Dec. 26th, 2019

Donald Sullivan Lynden, WA

The Fortress Financial Services team could not have made this any easier for me. They were consistently on top of communication between the IRS and me and made me feel like I was being taken care of every step of the way.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you Donald! Having tax problems is no one's idea of fun, and we do our best to make the process as simple and painless as possible.

Nov. 22nd, 2019

Carrie Brillis

Art helped me with my financial issues with the Dept of Revenue. He explains things clearly and speaks in a manner I can understand in relation to legal terms. He cares about his customers and goes above and beyond to help get things done in a timely manner. I cannot say enough good things about him and fortress. Highly recommend them!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you Carrie! It was a pleasure to be of service. Thank you for the kind words, and we wish the best for you, Happy Thanks Giving!

Dec. 4th, 2019

George W. Akin Austin, TX

In light of our aggravating IRS situation, Seyward helped us coordinate information by providing easy-to-follow directions in a genial, reassuring manner- that was just what was needed as we navigated unknown waters with that invidious, intimidating agency. Regarding her boss- David P's no-nonsense approach and diligent efforts to find an accountable principal at the IRS with whom to negotiate produced almost instantaneous results, and we were able to overcome the initial hardships imposed by the IRS without further financial fallout. These are the folks to call for no-hassles outcomes in your favor.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share about your experience working with our team!

Nov. 22nd, 2019

Dee C New York, NY

Fortress Financial was super helpful in dealing with my tax issue. They are fairly easy to communicate with, and are adept at keeping the consumer calm.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you for your feedback, Dee. We're so glad we were able to help!

Nov. 19th, 2019

Deb Harris Wilson, NC

It was an easy experience because of their expertise .

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you Deb, it was a pleasure to be of service to you.

Dec. 4th, 2019

Diana Virginia Beach, VA

Fortress came to our assistance when all other options failed when negotiating with the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS agent was difficult to work with. When we contacted Fortress that took care of the problem immediately. They were able to negotiate a payment plan that fit into our budget. Artour, the tax attorney and Nick his assistant were completely hands on and persistent until the matter was resolved. I would recommend them to anyone who has a tax related issue. They take the stress out of your life and work directly with the IRS or state tax agency. Thank you Fortress. Diana

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

The experience you described is exactly what we strive for with each and every one of our valued clients. Thank you so much for your business and for taking the time to provide feedback!

Oct. 3rd, 2019

Susan J Newfield, NJ

Through a series of miscommunications we ended up with a pretty substantial tax penalty and lien. We tried to resolve it ourselves and with our corporate attorney and accountant but did not get anywhere with the IRS. Jeremy was able to get the the penalty reduced to almost nothing with one letter. They had the expertise and contacts to resolve the problem quickly and easily.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much for your business and for taking the time to share about your experience working with our staff! Many people don't understand that tax resolution is a very small niche within a very large tax industry. Few accountants and tax attorneys have much experience in resolving back tax debts, and your experience underscores how important it can be to have not just a tax pro, but an actual tax resolution pro on your side when it comes to resolving a tax liability. We're delighted that things turned out so well with your case!

Sep. 6th, 2019

Tina C Uniontown, PA

If you're having a tax issue and not sure which solid company to turn to, you can feel confident that Fortress is the choice for you! They walk you through the entire process, do NOT over charge you(given the situation you're already in), and actually HANDLES improving your situation!

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much Tina! Our staff really enjoyed working with you, and knowing you were happy with our services makes us happy!

Nov. 19th, 2019

IH Crystal Lake, IL

Jeremy and Janet have been very helpful throughout the entire process. They have been excellent at explaining everything so we can easily understand. It is a lengthy process, but that's to be expected with the IRS. We have manageable payment plans in place for our IL taxes and are hoping for the same result with our outstanding IRS taxes.

Reply from Fortress Tax Relief

Thank you so much for your business and for sharing about your experience working with our staff! The amount of time it takes to resolve a tax liability varies widely depending upon the circumstances and the resolution strategy. Although rare, we've had cases that have been resolved the day we accepted the case. We do strive to move all cases along at a brisk pace. Your in great hands with Jeremy and Janet, and we would expect that they will secure great terms for you with the IRS just as soon as they can. Thank you again for being one of our valued clients!

Aug. 1st, 2019