Alleviate Tax

LAST UPDATED: January 19th, 2022

Alleviate Tax is an Irvine, California-based tax relief company that was founded in 2018. The company offers a variety of services for those suffering from tax debt, whether you need help with unfiled tax returns, wage garnishment, a bank levy, an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, innocent spouse relief, or currently not collectible status.

Alleviate Tax has a three-step tax resolution process. The process begins with a free discovery call where a tax professional gathers information about the client’s tax situation. Then Alleviate Tax spends one to two weeks on the investigation phase, initiating protection for the client, opening up communication with the IRS, and reviewing options with the client. Finally, Alleviate Tax works to negotiate the lowest possible resolution for the client and close their case, which takes two to ten months.

Alleviate Tax is an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau, holding an A- rating.

The Good

• Free Discovery Call
  • Flat Fee Pricing
  • Industry Memberships

Free Discovery Call

Alleviate Tax offers a free discovery call, allowing potential clients to experience working with the tax relief company and discover their options before being charged any money.

Flat Fee Pricing

After the free discovery call, the next two steps in Alleviate Tax’s resolution process are each priced with one flat fee. Although the tax relief company doesn’t disclose what the fee is on its website, it does explain that there’s no obligation to continue onto the resolution phase after the investigation phase if clients aren’t satisfied with their options.

Industry Memberships

Alleviate Tax is a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals, an organization that provides ongoing tax education and updates to its membership of 23,000 industry leaders. The company is also a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents, an organization of almost 10,000 members in more than 30 states. Members of the National Association of Enrolled Agents must adhere to a code of ethics meant to establish trust between its members and their clients.

The Bad

Undisclosed Minimum Debt Requirement

The company does not disclose its minimum debt requirement on its website, which could be a problem for potential clients who are trying to decide whether to work with Alleviate Tax.

The Bottom Line

Alleviate Tax is a Better Business Bureau-accredited tax relief company that can help its clients resolve their tax debt within about 10 months. Alleviate Tax offers a free discovery call and one flat fee rate for each of the subsequent two stages of its tax relief process. Additionally, the company is a member of several important industry organizations, including the National Association of Tax Professionals and the National Association of Enrolled Agents. Its membership in these two organizations speaks to a commitment to high ethical and professional standards.

Alleviate Tax’s flat rate pricing may make the company a good option for clients who have a large amount of tax debt to resolve. Other customers may want to look into other tax relief companies first before giving Alleviate Tax a call.

Call our recommended rep over at Alleviate Tax below.

4.9

Linda Pedigo Lafayette, TN

I called Alleviate Tax today and spoke with Connor Z. He was very courteous to me and very considerate as I gave him my information he never one time judged me . Just speaking with him for a while, I felt very secure in hiring them to work for me and my husband to settle our tax debt. I trust that they will do everything in their power to find a happy solution! Thanks Connor!!

19 hours ago

Annette Devitt Bremerton, WA

Brandon is very encouraging to me and he has a way of speaking to people without making them feel awkward witch is awesome, he made everything easy to understand and I feel like I will be okay I know it's probably a long way away still but I I have hope back thank you very very much my family will suffer if I don't find a way to work around all these issues and I think they have suffered enough just having to put up with me, thank you Brandon I appreciate you

1 day ago

Mary Williams Upper Marlboro, MD

My experience was very calming. I wasn’t feeling well but Mr. Logan J was very helpful, courteous. He walked me through everything and explained each page. He had compassion and that’s what I like in a person. He treated me with respect and explained about the company. He assured me they will do their best in helping me. After speaking with him, I felt so relieved. Thank you so much Logan.

Lewis Baker Lumberton, NC

I would like to thank Robert W and his team for helping me resolve my tax debt. He handled everything really professional like and I appreciate him taking his time to explain step by step on how my debt will be resolved. They are amazing.

Sonya Brown Montgomery, AL

Bijay is a very nice tax consultant! He is very patient and kind. He seem to care about his clients! Explains the company well and represents the Tax company throughly! I appreciate his help!

Gerald OReilly Las Vegas, NV

What do I like about your company the answer is everything from the first person Bijay to the last two Sean and Gina I also should talk about Bijay, if it wasn't for that man I would never would of been with Alleviate Tax his enthusiasm and knowledge and expert delivery was top notch I had been in touch with many Tax people and none of them interested me and I was expecting the same bull well I was so wrong Bijay is a positive asset to your company keep him and give a raise to all three Oooorah to you Bijay, Sean and Gina you 3 are the best and if I owned a company I would love to have all 3 of you on my payroll you 3are the best thank you Bijay for your enthusiastic and professionalism your the 🧍‍♂️!!! Sincerely Gy/Sgt Gerald O'Reilly Retired United States Marine Corps

ROBERT K

I WANT TO THANK SIR BRANDONN FOR HELPING ME HANDLE MY TAX SITUATION WITH THE CITY/STATE OF NY...THIS WAS A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE, WHICH HELPED MEBECOME STRESS FREE

Landry Littrell Lubbock, TX

Alleviate Tax is a great company to take care of all your tax concerns. The people are very professional and get the work done. Go with Alleviate Tax. A+ Rating and many times that!!! All My Best. Landry Littrell

Eleanor Weaver San Clemente, CA

I had $40,000 dollars in tax debt and Sean E. Was able to work the IRS to get the payment plan I could afford. I tried to do it myself but they just about took my kidneys!! Sean had the expertise to get my payments as low as possible given my situation. He stopped the garnishment and made me feel heard. Ya hear? Couldn't be more grateful for such a stellar team of tax guys!

Robert Ridener Circleville, OH

I want to advise anyone with a State or Federal tax issue to contact Alleviate Tax before you hire a company that will ask you for full payment up front before work even starts. I had all the facts presented to me that was involved in the process with the first phone call, and I did not have to pay all of the fee up front! I spoke with [email protected], and he explained everything to me that I did not know before hand! Thank's again Rob, I really appreciate the help!

Beth Maguire Medford, NY

We were contacted by Logan J from Alleviate Tax. We were so impressed by his knowledge of our tax situation and his understanding and guidance to help us resolve this issue. We were at wits end trying to rectify this by ourselves with no avail. We figured no sense fighting city hall and we just keep paying and paying ! Logan was a blessing in disguise ! Such a relief to even think we could be free of this debt ! We highly recommend this firm, Alleviate Tax and we have great faith in Logan J to follow through with his assurances !! AEL

Tara G

When I reached out to the Alleviate Tax team, the IRS claimed that I owed 73,728 dollars to them in tax debt. This was extremely overwhelming, and I didn’t know where to start or what to do. Thankfully, Alleviate Tax’s team of experts took care of everything, and was able to negotiate my balance down by 98%. Thank you Alleviate Tax!

J Langevin Meriden, CT

My experience with Alleviate so far has been pretty good I am just just starting and the representative Josh has explained how Alleviate works how they handle each case individually and I have respect for Josh and how explained what they will do to try and help me with my tax debt. I will look forward to working with Josh to lower or diminish my tax debt.

Robert Goldman Atlanta, GA

I am extremely happy with the way in which my situation has been handled. Drew has been very understanding of my financial problems due to the fact that I have been unable to work this year. I am staying in touch with Drew and intend to proceed with Alleviate as soon as I am able to start work again in approximately two to three weeks time.

Diontae Bender

The honesty and upfrontness. The willing to help me with my tax problems moving forward. Getting out of this situation is very important to me. Hopefully I'm heading in the right direction by using Alleviate Tax as my representation! Thank you

Glenda Ulloa Baltimore, MD

Gerson S is being real nice person and polite . He called me back explaining some points of my contract .

James A. Maverick Fort Lauderdale, FL

Connor & Wendy extended superior quality service. They were reliable in achieving a very successful outcome!

D Mckency Decatur, GA

The best thing I did was contact Alleviate Tax. My Case Manager Stephanie M. was Amazing. She made sure everything was taken care of. She work with me and explain my case with me. So if you're having Tax Problems please contact MS. STEPHANIE M. Trust me you're be Satisfied!

Amanda Thorne Charlotte, NC

I'm am liking how nice and informative he was on all my questions and how understanding and non judgemental he was on my situation and made me feel comfortable about all the stuff going on and I could express how I felt in a min discriminated place thank you for being sweet to my feelings

Dondi Smith New York, NY

My agent Bijay was very helpful in explaining everything to me. He let me feel very comfortable about his company helping me out.

Gary Crimi Washington, DC

It seems as though there has been some divine intervention in relation to my meeting with alleviate tax. Normally I do not pick up the phone and for some reason I did yesterday and spoke with Robert W. Immediately I knew I was in good hands because I got the feeling he was really interested in helping me as my tax problems were significant. Today I met Drew C for the first time on the phone and his command of all aspects of taxes was superlative. I am so relieved to have become aware of them and I hope they stay with me until the end of this tax malady. I cannot begin to explain the relief that I have been given from meeting these two young men. Thanks again ,Alleviate

Norman Jones III Brunswick, OH

At first, I thought that didn't seem like it was going to work out. Boy, i cant recall myself ever being so wrong. It was my lack timeliness that had brought me to 7 unfilled years, and me not returning a single call, from someone who reached out every day with out fail, telling me that this will all turn out ok, but only if I could help but nothing more just returning a simple call. Nathan and his colleagues are quick efficient well mannered, and in short Alleviate Tax was the perfect match for me to finally get on top of this huge mess I had made, and am still amazed by how quick they were able to get everything back under control and a huge piece of mind lifed. Thanks again, for a great job at a great price.

Linda Steede Winter Park, FL

Brandon helped me to understand what they do and what They can do for me

Carlos Phelan Duluth, GA

The debt I owe the IRS was made 100 times more manageable thanks to Alleviate Tax. Their professionalism and knowledge of the subject matter made it comforting. A big thanks to Robert P for getting me started with the process and a HUGE thanks to Marrian K for her invaluable support. Aside from being a professional at what she does and going above and beyond, Marrian K always showed genuine empathy. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for a job well done!

Amy Belleville, NJ

I was in a panic mode due to my bad experience with another company. Then I found Alleviate Tax and they helped me in resolving my tax issues. Drew explained to me every steps. He always answer my calls and text messages without delay. I was assigned to Wendy L., a senior case manager, and she explained to me the steps of the process. In just a short time, she was able to present me the resolution, thereby I was able to gain back my peace of mind, She is very knowledgeable and pleasant to talk with. Over all, I want to give an A plus to this company .

Drea Lorain, OH

I have nothing but FANTASTIC THINGS to say about this company and the people who work there! I’ve been treated like ROYALTY and I enjoyed the conversation and emails even under the bad circumstances which turned out SPECTACULARLY WELL! Stephanie Gabriel and Peter were AWESOME!

Shawanda Jones Saint Paul, MN

I am working with Shaune E. and a few others and I am glad that I did. They genuinely care about your situation, and try to help you in so many ways possible that I didn't know existed. Not having the money to pay them is not a problem because they work with you. This for me is most important because it lets me know they are not just trying to make a pay check. They love what they do.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Shaun's awesome and he definitely loves his job. Glad to hear he took care of you!

Apr. 5th, 2021

Jeff Gallegos

Drew always treated me with respect and helped me through the whole process of filing our taxes

Douglas Brant Fredericktown, OH

Logan was clear on what the company was going to do for me. It was easy steps and easy clear directions threw our the process.

Charles Brown Lititz, PA

Aliviate Tax was very knowledgeable and walked me thru every step and addressed all my concerns. I worked with marrian k. She was outstanding. I owed over 37,000 in back taxes and the IRS settled for 1500.

Brady Erickson West Jordan, UT

I knew that I had owed the irs over 5k and Mike D worked with me to help get my investigation started. Im Hoping it all works out I'll leave a review after with the conclusion of what happens

Dyrisha R McKnight Salem, AL

Talking and developing a relationship with the Tax Consultants built my confidence in myself . I feel that I'm the only client taken into attention. Id recommend to everybody , the price is a little up there, but Alleviate worked with me

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Glad to hear you'd recommend us to people, thanks for your review!

Apr. 5th, 2021

NJP Los Angeles, CA

Thank you so much Stephanie M for taking such good care of me throughout such a stressful process. She was kind, responsible, and always had the time to walk me through everything I need to understand and help me stay comfortable throughout the process. Wonderful experience, great outcome! Thank you so much Alleviate & Stephanie!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Stephanie is awesome and we're happy to help, so glad you had a great experience with us!

Dawn Allen ,

What I like best was my consultant drew he was very helpful took his time to explain everything in a way I understood he put my mind at ease and gave me confidence that he knows what he is doing and that he can help me every step of the way. Thanks again

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks so much for the kind words!

Curt and Kelley Hummel Canton, GA

The experience with Alleviate Tax was seamless . Both Drew and Brandon were knowledgeable and made the process smooth! At first, we were apprehensive and worried about the entire transaction, but with Drew and Brandon they made us feel at ease and all anxiety was eliminated! Thank you so much for your friendly demeanor, honesty, and professionalism! We would highly recommend Alleviate Tax to future clients! Sincerely, Curt and Kelley H

Lila L Anaheim, CA

Gabriel was fast and to the point and was able to explain the process very professionally while being able to keep terms simple for people like me who don’t know anything about taxes. The conversation was pleasant and he was able to execute the plan to start services in a calm demeanor. Thank you and I look forward to working with you and your team.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thank you for the kind words, please reach out if you need anything in the future!

Rosanne Hauck Fort Worth, TX

Stephanie M was AMAZING!! Her communication was top notch. She was thorough and extremely helpful. I had so many questions, and she was available every time I needed her. She also handled my case with so much sensitivity and concern. I felt very well taken care of! I can't tell you what a relief it was to have her help, and to know that Alleviate Tax was there to help me.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Stephanie's fantastic, and we're glad you thought so too! Thank you for the review!

Sep. 28th, 2020

M.K.H New York, NY

I am working with Joshua H, and he has answered every question and explained every step along the way. I am impressed with his knowledge on how things work in the tax world. With my financial issues Joshua is doing everything in his power to take care of any tax issues that I have.

Angeline Parzuchowski Chicopee, MA

Team of lawyers that are helpful and easy to work with and ease my fear about my tax debt. I am in financial debt and they went to work immediately sending me information about forms and made me so relieved .- thank you Angeline

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Glad we were able to help, Angeline! Thanks for the review!

Jean foster , TX

The kindness of your agent Romeo - he has been so helpful, pleasant & nice to talk with!! I appreciate the help your company offers & look forward to a solution for my son’s troubles- most especially your agent - Romeo🙏🏽🤗🤗

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks for the review, Jean!

Darrel Jupiter Jr ,

Agent Jake was the best. He was courteous, understanding and explaining everything to the tee. I not only recommend alleviate tax, but I personally think that you should ask for Jake. He is the best and he was very great to work with. Thanks Jake alleviate tax.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Happy to help! Thanks for leaving a review!

Sep. 28th, 2020

Billie DiBiagio Tacoma, WA

If you are trying to find the right tax help or advise this is the place to handle your tax problems or concerns. They are very up on current tax laws and regulations, and always professional. Plus the fee they charge is very fair!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks so much for the kind words, Billie!

Aug. 27th, 2020

Loyd Prewett Upland, CA

I started my experience last year with Matthew J from Alleviate tax. He is the real reason why I chose Alleviate Tax over 3 other companies to help me with this horrible problem. He is very professional, persistent and kept me informed each step of the way. Your company and those of us that get to work with him are so very fortunate.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Matthew does great work for his clients. Thanks for working with him and the rest of our team!

Aug. 30th, 2020

Bridget Griggs, PhD ,

It was a little hard at first because I was not receiving timely feedback. I went through a total of three customer relationship managers, ending with Stephanie. She is the reason I brought my rating from the original 2 or 3 stars to 4. She always kept me in the loop and I didn't feel like I had to follow up 5 and 6 times before receiving a reply. I am glad my service ended with her as it gave me a better view on the business.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Bridget, we're so happy to hear that working with Stephanie made the experience better for you. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Aug. 14th, 2020

Louis E Rico The Bronx, NY

I Really Appreciate my Agent Drew from Alleviate Tax And He always Professional and Compassionate Thru COVID 19 and Taxes Issues.

dona vines Chicago, IL

The real caring and thoroughness that the agent Romeo Z who dealt with me showed. As well as the overall courtesy that the rest of the staff showed me. Therefore I will recommend them anytime!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks so much for the feedback Dona!

Arthur Rivera , CO

They are always answering the phone calls never have to leave a message they are on top of business I wish they are where like them interested of more interested in the payment like other Taxes people.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Great to hear our team has been responsive. Thanks for your review!

Aug. 30th, 2020

Mrs. Blue Fayetteville, AR

Was really helpful. They eliminated almost all of my tax debt!! I've been dealing with this debt for over ten years and agent Eric N was able to get it all dropped off. Thank you all at Alleviate Tax Group!!!!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We're so happy you came to us!

Jul. 30th, 2020

Sherri E. Jennett Ilion, NY

Brian was Such a great guy for helping me with my taxes . If I needed to talk about my taxes, He was there to answer all my questions

Ernest Hall Villa Rica, GA

I am grateful that I don't have to pay the back taxes, however I am still paying them money cause they will take my income tax checks every year up through 2024 .

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks for the review Ernest!