Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Credible Logo

Credible

verified
$100 Guarantee
Credible is a marketplace provider of student loans; see if you qualify in five minutes

Credible, a third-party student loan refinancing company, was founded in 2012. Rather than providing refinancing rates from a single lender, Credible instantly provides users with a dashboard of rates from multiple lenders. The dashboard gives users a side-by-side comparison of APR, monthly payment, and more. Finding a rate through Credible is absolutely free.

The Good

• Choose from a Variety of Companies
  • Refinances Private and Federal Loans
  • Auto Pay Discounts
  • Credible Highlights

Choose from a Variety of Companies

Credible works with six excellent student loan refinancing companies: Citizens Bank, RISLA, MEFA, College Ave, and iHelp. To apply for refinancing, you simply enter information including your education history, employment history, and student debt. The form takes less than two minutes total to complete and checking your rates on Credible does not impact your credit score.

Within minutes, you can prequalify for loans from each of the six lenders in Credible's network. Credible's easy-to-use dashboard allows you to compare lenders on a number of important criteria, including APR, monthly payments, or total repayment amount. If you find a lender you like, simply reach out to the lender by filling out the corresponding form. Once the lender has considered and accepted your offer, Credible will conveniently notify you via phone, text, or email.

Refinances Private and Federal Loans

You can use Credible to refinance private and federal student loans. And one feature that sets Credible apart from other marketplace platforms is the ability to help you refinance your loans even if you did not graduate! Potential customers should note, however, that to use Credible's service, they cannot be currently enrolled in school. Nevertheless, the ability to refinance loans for non-graduates is a unique value not offered by many in this industry.

Auto Pay Discounts

Because Credible is a marketplace of refinancing lenders, there are a variety of discounts available to their lenders. When you sign up for Credible's auto pay service, you will receive a 0.25 percent discount-regardless of the lender you select.

Credible Highlights

• No Fees to Use Credible

Check your rate with Credible

The Bad

Variable Information

Using a marketplace for student loan refinancing has both perks and disadvantages. The main drawback to finding a rate through a marketplace platform like Credible is that not all lenders featured on the site are created equal. For example, some lenders offer a forbearance option and others do not. And while Credible does provide extensive profiles on each lender, you may feel the need to conduct additional research on a potential lender before sending in your form.

The Bottom Line

Credible offers a convenient way to compare information about multiple lenders all under one easy-to-use platform. It's an excellent outlet for users to compare several attributes across the lender board. Using Credible is simple, straightforward, and completely free. Before selecting a lender through Credible, be sure to read its company profile, and make sure it provides all the features you're looking for as you refinance your student loans.

Check your rate with Credible

Cheryl Masters
September 14th, 2017 Denver, CO

I just received your information about no debt minimum, only to find information on following pages that contradicted your prior advertising. Please DO NOT attempt any further contact with me. Otherwise, I shall find it necessary to contact the Better Business Bureau regarding your fallacious advertising. I am saving your entire communication in case I need it.

Ericka Meyers
June 8th, 2017

I tried multiple lenders to refinance my private loans without any success until I found Credible. The refinance process was quick and easy. Everything was completed online and I received a decision very quickly. I highly recommend Credible.

Sharilyn Jean Beckner
June 8th, 2017 Oklahoma City, OK

Refinancing my parent loan was fast and easy! Thank you!

Adam Powers
June 8th, 2017 Gatlinburg, TN

Credible was incredibly helpful in finding the lowest rates offered by lenders to consolidate my student loans. I was able to achieve a rate over 2% lower than what I was paying originally! Their website was intuitive and easy to navigate and helped save me hours of my time that I would have spent filling out the quotes for each lender's individual sites.

Dylan
June 13th, 2017 Bellevue, WA

Good CS, the wrong loans were originally paid off,but that was probably Navient's fault. It was quickly fixed.

Denver Woodruff
June 8th, 2017

Had a great experience with Credible. Quickly refinanced my private loans!

Matthew McTernan
July 19th, 2016 Pompton Lakes, NJ

I need a fast and effective way to compare loans on terms that I wanted. Credible delivered beyond my expectations.

Jennifer Schulze
July 18th, 2016 Acworth, GA

I didn't think I would qualify for any student loans. I used Credible and found several companies willing to work with me and at good rates, too. Everything was clear with no hidden fees and I was able to find something that worked for me so I could finish school.

Darrien
July 15th, 2016 Steamboat Springs, CO

Credible helped me get approved by myself without a cosigner. My cosigners all had bad credit, while mine is grea, but my income wasn't high enough!

Robin Sissell
July 15th, 2016 Waxahachie, TX

Credible Loan Service is awesome! Quick and easy application process, great follow up with a real person, great rates & loan choices, would use again. I highly recommend – great experience!

Kellie Rae
July 15th, 2016 East Troy, WI

Credible was fast and easy to use. It offered me the lowest interest rate to refinace my student loans compared to the other companies I tried. They will save me over $13,000 in interest and help me pay my debt off quicker.

Lauren farell
July 15th, 2016 Collingswood, NJ

Credible was very easy and quick. It will be saving me 140,000 in interest

Miranda Biller
July 15th, 2016 Jamestown, NC

Great customer service and quick and easy application

Michael van Der Laan
July 15th, 2016 Royal Oak, MI

The refinancing was way easier than expected. The credible team was very helpful with any questions I did have.

Bridgette Reilly
July 15th, 2016 Orlando, FL

The process was so easy. I loved the quick turn around time! My lower interest rate will definitely save me money.

Thomas Wehner
July 15th, 2016 Austin, TX

Credible quickly and safely gave me visibility to many different loan options. I am very pleased with the service and recommend it to anyone shopping around for student loans.

bilal aziz
July 15th, 2016 Broken Arrow, OK

Great customer service. Very easy process. Saved over $30,000

David Nirenstein
June 13th, 2016 Macon, GA

In mid April, I decided to try and pursue a better loan than what Sallie Mae i.e. Navient had to offer. I have been wit this company for about 10 years as I had secured a student loan for my son around 2005. I always paid them on time and had established a reliable credit history. My current credit rating is 750 and I do have some consumer debt, but the monthly payments are always on time. I was referred to a bank called Citizens which requested the usual amount of data which I dutifully sent to them in the hopes of refinancing my current loan at a lower rate in the hopes of paying this off which I could have done with the offer which was on the table. I am retired on Social Security, pension, and investment income which is not huge by national standards, but being the creative financial person I am survival and prosperity is accomplished quite handily, thank you. I was not approved so I feel this whole Credible Site should be panned as no value whatsoever and essentially just a huge waist of time!!

Em Hugo
May 9th, 2016 Mililani, HI

It was fast and easy. Easier than I thought it'd be. I wasn't sure if I'd qualify for refinancing because I have such large loans, but I was able to do so with a cosigner. I am saving more than $8,000 over the life of my loans. The representatives were very helpful.

Patrick Williams
May 9th, 2016 Philadelphia, PA

Good customer service and there is a good loan interest rate cut for going paperless. I liked the choices that were provided to me and it made the decision-making process easy. Once I confirmed an option, there was little work needed from my end - I just started saving money! (Approx. $250 every month)!

Teal Geiger
May 9th, 2016 Mountain View, CA

I think Credible made the experience really easy by giving me offers that I could choose to accept or not. I love Credible. I saved money (around $750 in interest) on my student loans and am feeling less overloaded by all of my student debt. It was also a really easy process. Thank you!

Jared
May 9th, 2016 Austin, TX

Credible gave me an easy way to compare my options for student loan refinancing, and ultimately, helped me save over $11,000 by cutting my interest rate in half. Their customer service team was responsive and helpful. They were my third try on refinancing, and by far the easiest and most communicative during the process. I recommend them frequently.

Jessica
March 15th, 2016 Secaucus, NJ

It was helpful to see everything all in one place...the offers compared with rates and key information as well as knowing that, if I wanted, I could speak with someone for help anytime.Credible helped me do something I didn't think was possible...refinance my loan and set myself up to be done with the loan early. In the process I will save close to $15,000

Danielle Ringold
March 15th, 2016 Memphis, TN

Credible reaches out to all the loan providers and does the research. It saves time and work by consolidating your information into one location and reaching out to several places for you.The process was quick. Credit companies were almost immediately reaching out to me with offers. I shortened the term of my loan by 7 years and saved thousands of dollars in interest.

Sam Small
March 15th, 2016 Jacksonville, FL

The experience has been great. Although my payment is more a month, this will allow me to finish paying my loans off faster which is a great feeling

Todd Dilla
March 15th, 2016 Coraopolis, PA

I knocked my 12 year private loan down to 5 years, and my payment only increased $119/month, with a 3.6% dropped in a fixed interest rate. I have saved $9,000 total off my loan. I couldn't be happier!

Michael Martin
March 15th, 2016 Dallas, TX

Fantastic, wouldn't use any other service.Website was easy and convenient to use. The offers that we received were in a format that was incredibly easy to compare. We saved roughly $10K total!.

Scott Hietpas
March 15th, 2016 De Pere, WI

Credible made refinancing my student loans easy. I was able to ask questions and was provided great customer service. I was able to lower loans as high at 6.55% down to 5.05% and reduce the length of some loans from 15 years to 10 years. In the end my payment was reduced by over $100/month and I will end up saving in interest.

David
March 15th, 2016 Bethesda, MD

The overall experience was great, straightforward and most of all easy. Anyone looking to refinance their loans should give credible a shot. I was able to save over a 2 years worth of paying. Which comes out about $20,000 worth of savings!

Zach Davis
March 15th, 2016 Westwood, NJ

Overall, Credible was a fast and convenient experience that saved me money in the long run!

Miguel Duarte
December 21st, 2015 Oakland, CA

Credible helped me save at least $10,000 on my student loans. It connected me with lenders who were able to offer me very competitive rates; I was able to consolidate two loans down from 6.8% and 12.75% to a single 5.75% loan. I'll be able to pay off my student loans 5 - 7 years sooner, at comparable minimum payments. I'm definitely very happy that I was able to refinance through Credible.

Philip
December 21st, 2015 Sarasota, FL

I recently used Credible to refinance my student debt from business school and was thrilled with the experience. The platform is very easy to use and I had multiple qualified offers within a few days of which, I selected one and successfully refinanced my debt. Credible was even able to seamlessly incorporate key financial information from my co-signer. It is a fantastic service that I would recommend to anybody looking to refinance!

Laura F
December 18th, 2015 Safety Harbor, FL

Credible gave me a lot of options to choose from with a very simple process. I'll be able to live a little easier every month.I loved that it was all online. It's saving me about $90 a month!

Katie
December 18th, 2015 Asheville, NC

The application was easy to follow and I got fast responses from multiple lenders including one I was not familiar with who ended up giving me the best rate! I was able to save about $20,000.

Jordon Packard
December 18th, 2015 Denver, CO

Credible was definitely worthwhile. It saved me hours in finding and comparing bank refinance rates, saved me both monthly and in total repayment, and simplified the entire process.

Dustin
December 18th, 2015 Ruby, SC

I was paying my school loans at an average 7.5%. After using Credible to find my best option for refinancing, I locked in a 2.68% rate and will save over $30,000 in interest payments.

Shelley
December 18th, 2015 Pittsburgh, PA

I was pleased with how quick and easy the process was, the initial application on Credible was simple and I had offers in 2 days. From there I just had to do a little bit of verification and the process was complete, there were no snags or hassles in the slightest. I was able to save $70 a month on my payment by consolidating.

Andrea
December 10th, 2015 Portage, MI

Using credible has allowed me to find a lender that best fit me. It was a very fast and easy process for a very stressful situation. Refinancing a student loan can be scary and hard decision. Credible has allowed me to look at various easily. I have shortened my loan 10 years which will save me roughly $17,500.

Nick Smith
December 9th, 2015 Mansfield, TX

The site was super-easy and intuitive, and the process was quick. It was really easy to compare offers that fit my needs (i.e. length of term and variable/fixed rates).​ Commonbond's 10yr Fixed Rate allowed me to lower my interest rate AND reduce my term without actually increasing my monthly payments. I will save over $4,500 over the life of my loan.

Michael F.
October 22nd, 2015 Oakland, CA

I had a tremendous experience with Credible. Although I had already refinanced my student loans one year ago, I was still unsatisfied with my rate considering my credit worthiness and income. Moreover, that process took over three months. One year later, I come across your site – a fantastic aggregator of banks willing to refinance student loans. After putting in very basic information regarding my loan and income, I was presented with dozens of options to refinance my loan within seconds. I ultimately decided to go with one of their lenders. Their rate was great and the terms were even better. Within three weeks of visiting Credible, I had refinanced my loan. No hiccups, no delays. I will save at least $1,000 a year and that's after I had already refinanced my student loan to a much lower rate. When compared to my original federal student loan, I estimate that will save over $40,000 over the life of the loan. That's $40,000 more I can now put into my daughter's 529 college savings account.