YouTube Logo

7.5

Owned by Google, YouTube is one of the largest video streaming platforms available online. With millions of views racking up every day, YouTube's platform has a little bit of everything for all interests and genres. Ranging from short viral videos and local channels to clips of a series you've been struggling to find, YouTube has access to channels all over the world through its streaming tv services. Stream any show, movie, or video you want and enjoy live tv. YouTube even has youtube music to enjoy and stream all sorts of music from your mobile device.

Anyone can create a video and upload it to YouTube today and could be seen by millions of viewers tomorrow using the video streaming services for all sorts of original content. Subscribers can even buy or rent some of the newest movies and TV shows for live tv streaming. Use multiple devices to watch your favorite subscription, premium channels, and cable channels. All you need is an account, device, wi-fi network, and you can watch tv, channels, and subscription from anywhere! With mulitple streaming tv services to choose from, you can easily find all of the top subscription you love using YouTube. You can also search for all sorts of original content to satisfy whatever watching situation you are in.

Netflix Logo
#1 Netflix chevron_right
Amazon Prime Logo
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
Hulu Plus Logo
#4 Hulu Plus chevron_right

The Good

• Unique content
  • Device compatibility
  • Affordable pricing

Millions of YouTube Videos

Users can watch literally millions of easy "how-to" videos, music videos, commercials, and so much more for educational or entertainment purposes. With the freedom to post and view, find all of your live streaming needs with a simple search. You can even pay for movies like star trek or a handmaid's tale on YouTube to continue to watch all of your favorite movies and tv networks.

Compatible on All Devices

Because YouTube is a website, it can be accessed on any device. YouTube's streaming services are compatible with all devices, whether you are on Android or Apple. With great customer service, you can also easily type in questions and get an immediate response back regarding all of your subscription and streaming tv services needs.

Ad Free Viewing

Due to movies having to be purchased or rented, users are able to watch rented or purchased movies and TV episodes on YouTube ad free. This makes your experience more enjoyable not just on mobile devices, but also on channels, cable, and on-demand service.

Competitive Pricing

YouTube offers rentals starting at $1.99 per TV episode, which is competitive for the streaming TV industry. Looking at top competitors prices like cable tv, netflix, vudu, prime video, pluto tv, and other streaming services, you can find all sorts of great deals and find all of the shows, movies, and video you love and enjoy.

Overall, YouTube is extremely well known for their viral videos and commercials, but now YouTube provides even more value by allowing users to rent or purchase movies and TV shows. Users are able to watch rentals or purchased media on any device, as YouTube is accessible from all devices. In addition, users can watch for an affordable price per rental/purchase and watch ad free.

The Bad

• Rental limitations
  • HD not available on web browsers
  • No parental controls

72 Hours to Finish Watching

Users have 30 days to watch and 72 hours to finish watching rented movies once they have started. This may be a disadvantage to users who are trying to watch a movie that is quite long. You also dont own the movies or video you rent which can be a bummer if you want to watch it again and again.

HD Version Not Available on Web Browsers

HD versions of movies and TV shows cannot be viewed within a web browser on YouTube. However, most streaming devices allow for HD viewing, such as Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc. Be sure to check compatibility on your mobile devices to ensure the most optimal viewing standards so you can enjoy your live tv streaming and video streaming.

No Parental Controls

Currently, YouTube does not have parental controls for their movie streaming services. YouTube has many great features to their services, but it is good to note the few drawbacks we found. The main drawback to YouTube's streaming TV services is that HD isn't available through web browsers, only through streaming devices such as the Chromecast or Roku. Also, parents don't have filtering control if they are going to watch a movie with their children. This is an important family feature that is not available on YouTube. You can install an app that helps to enable stricter viewing standards to keep your family safe, but be aware of what premium channels, live streaming, and cable channels can present on live tv streaming. View Top Rated Companies

The Bottom Line

YouTube is another great source to supplement streaming TV and movie needs. Users will find a variety of different rental and purchase prices depending on the release date and popularity of the movie or TV show. And don't expect to find favorite movies, or TV series, in the free content. Users will most likely have to pay for full movies or TV shows they are looking for on YouTube. However, if you're looking for free and interesting content, YouTube has got you covered. With millions of new videos uploaded by users every day, you're bound to find something completely unique. Don't expect many videos longer than ten minutes, but have fun following viral videos and trending content on the most widely used video streaming service today. Overall, we recommend reviewing the top rated companies before making a final decision.

jim krapf Hackensack, NJ

Great source for information and DIY videos. It brings us together

William Golden Peekskill, NY

I love You Tube. I am able to find and watch music videos and watch instructional videos. I am entertained and educated. I especially valued all the photography videos that helped improve my skills.

Gabriela Torres Jacksonville, FL

Music is always on point!!! I love the notifications!!

Andrea Wheaton, IL

We had YouTubeTV for a while when we needed to lower our expenses and was so impressed with it. While the offerings are limited, they offer local channels and pretty much all of the popular cable channels. You can add sports and movie channel packages, but we never found that we needed them.

Cheyenne Stewart Knoxville, TN

You tube is great. Somethings are a little difficult to find though

wilma lyding Columbia, TN

I can find almost anything I am seeking.

Holly Abramovitz Monett, MO

YouTube is great to find anything you want to see. However, I disagree with their policies regarding monetization, as well as criteria to ban content. Their is extremely sexually explicit material that remains on YouTube even without age restrictions. But opposing political views get banned.

Tommi K Young Louisville, KY

I like you tube because I can listen to old songs. I also like watching my African movies.

Na Oshkosh, WI

Likes: entertaining and lots to choose from. Dislike: ads although paying $ and quite costly.

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

I love YouTube. You can learn anything on there. There is a great selection of learning tools and it's organized and easy to find what you are looking for.

Adam Labrum ,

I love YouTube because it allows me to learn about a variety of things and see very entertaining things without having to pay for it.

Aaliyah Fuller Tallahassee, FL

YouTube is an amazing platform that allows me to watch a multitude of different videos, shows, or movies. I have never encountered any issues with YouTube. I am able to find whatever I'm looking for with ease.

Mezo Uchiha Hamden, CT

YouTube literally has most videos by just using the correct search word you can find any video you want .. YouTube is like the google but for videos

Clark Beus Richland, WA

I’m very impressed as I’ve begun to see the breadth of programming available on YouTube. We just have the free YouTube and don’t pay for YouTube premium. Whether it’s learning how to do a fixit task around the house, how to improve my tennis skills, or to watch a complete history of World War 2, there is a wealth of information available.

ang Milwaukee, WI

Even though YouTube TV is more expensive than most I find myself coming back to it because of the variety of shows offered at any given time. It’s my favorite streaming service.

Corbin Short ,

Honestly, this far more worth paying for than satellite TV. Streaming capabilities are the future for convenience and quality. I do believe YouTube is better able to price discriminate in the sense that I can get exactly what I am willing to pay for (which is not a lot). It has been well worth using. My only complaint is how using YouTube TV blends too seamlessly into the way I use the normal YouTube. I wish there was a more clear separation, maybe a better environment for the streaming product.

maria Robinson Pasadena, TX

It is easy to find what you want. I love the videos, music, movies, and the stories.

kaylie mahar Springdale, AR

I have been watching YouTube for about 6 months now and I have only great experiences with it. I love how they know what type of influencers I like to watch because they usually pop up when I open the app.

Brooklyn Bishop Smithfield, UT

YouTube is such a good way to share videos with others. It’s very easy to navigate and fun to watch others content.

Amy Billings Smithfield, UT

My husband loves sports. When we decided to eliminate our satellite bill, we tried several different streaming services. YouTube T.V. Was by far the best option for viewing football, basketball, soccer, baseball, and golf! We particularly love the pause option. It is also a great way to watch local news. I would highly recommend this service.

Larry L Nielson Boise, ID

We have been able to get You Tube for about two years now. It is great to get so many different videos of people showing how they make things, etc. It is very helpful.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

You Tube is the video search engine of all search engines! We have used YT videos for everything from fixing a car to home decorating to diy anything. The vast amount of information and entertainment provides everything one could ever need.

Khanh Nguyen Houston, TX

I love YouTube. I love that you’re able to subscribe to your favorite channels and that you can find any video of any kind. The captions to videos are terrible though.

Bergen Billings Smithfield, UT

It is a phenomenal idea it is a mix of many things will not disappoint it really has almost Andy movie you want to see, and if not you can record. So many options you won’t j is where to start.

Jayla Thomas Jacksonville, FL

YouTube is a great platform with a wide array of music and other media. Unlike its competitors, it’s also free!

Frederline Jean-Philippe Tallahassee, FL

Can use YouTube for anything! Needs better search engine but is effective! Use all the time

Shaznae Tallahassee, FL

i can find any video on here. this goes from fixing my hair to cleaning my oven with tips

Corey Smith Tallahassee, FL

We all use Youtube whether for school, work or just fun. Youtube has a been a great source of information for me to use in projects or bring it up in conversation.

Sierra Nixon Fort Lauderdale, FL

YouTube is a space where you can get a little bit of everything. There's entertainment, tutorials, and much more. Great site.

Brandy Tallahassee, FL

Youtube is such a great platform! Its so easy to use, even my 52 year old mom figured it out without my help. I also love the fact that Youtube makes it very easy to upload and stream videos. One of my top 5 streaming apps.

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

YouTube is such a great streaming service with unlimited searches to anything. They also have the option to purchase some movies that aren’t available for free. They have a package to steam tv without commercials as well. The quality of the streaming is great, but this also depends on how well your internet connection is.

Anne Tallahassee, FL

I hate the ads. I especially hate the fact that it is stealing/accessing my information and displays ads that pertain to websites I have visited or things I have googled/bought. I also do not like the algorithm and how it pushes for BIG YouTube "stars" and does not really show the people I subscribe to. I think it's unfair how they EASILY demonetize certain channels but will take weeks and months to demonetize other people.

Amber Mixon Houston, TX

I’ve used YouTube for a while and it’s a very enjoyable platform. I will say some of the content displayed on the platform is for mature eyes only. However it’s great for videos to watch and music! Very satisfied!

Christina Whelan Norcross, GA

youtube used to be a really cool website but i think it’s become too censored now. the videos recommended to me often repeat themselves even if i have watched them already. it’s alright but could use improvements

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

I love you tube. We mostly use you tube kids at our house. I am so happy with it. I set parental controls so that I can feel safe letting my kids watch.

Kajsa Kirby Denver, CO

They have such a wide selection. I love how they have movies and other things now aside from self-published videos but it is an awesome platform and cool that it then pays people through adds! I also think they do a great job at monitoring it for inappropriate videos, while still giving people the freedom to post almost anything they want!

Alex Danielson Riverton, UT

You can find just about anything on YouTube! Love love love the DIY videos and also all the sports highlights!

Leah Larson Portland, OR

Youtube is nice cause it can be educational and fun and it has lots of things to help you. It has movies which is nice.

Haley Newman Hamersville, OH

I have found plenty of useful videos on youtube for projects and how-to's. There are a lot of ads though.

pennygene Sun City West, AZ

YouTube TV has the live channels that allowed me to cut the cord with cable TV.

Judy Feldmeier Houston, TX

We use the free trial one and enjoy it. The amount of free content that is out there is great (we enjoy Hot Ones show) and enjoy the DIY tutorials. The only draw back are the commercials but luckily they are short.

Ladyjojo

YouTube is great for all ages, great for all types of entertainment such as music, movies short videos of hairstyling, cooking, etc. it's also great for video sharing where you can get a lot of information.

Willa

Excellent service, competitive price.and great selection of channels.

Randy Rhodes

I had a 2 week trial, I loved the quality, the amount if channels, the ease if use, I just couldn't afford it.

Experience has been great so far. However, their price increase may cause me to switch to alternative

John Tidnall

Getting too expen sive. Added poor quality channels that I do not want and increasing costs. Would also like more control over how info is displayed and how I access shows.

Don

Variety Of programs offered. Especially Documentaries

Sarah Jarrett

I love the service which add more services. It offers relieable entertainment.

Joi J

Very Favorable. Reasonable price and a good selection of channels

Alexander Johnson Burbank, CA

I love YouTube. Never lets me down. It’s educational entertaining and my go to app