YouTube

YouTube Logo

YouTube

$9.99 Monthly Fees

Owned by Google, YouTube is one of the largest video streaming platforms available online. With millions of views racking up every day, YouTube's platform has a little bit of everything for all interests and genres. Ranging from short viral videos to clips of a series you've been struggling to find, YouTube has access to channels all over the world.

Anyone can create a video and upload it to YouTube today and could be seen by millions of viewers tomorrow. Subscribers can even buy or rent some of the newest movies and TV shows.

The Good

• Unique content
  • Device compatibility
  • Affordable pricing

Millions of YouTube Videos

Users can watch literally millions of easy "how-to" videos, music videos, commercials, and so much more for educational or entertainment purposes.

Compatible on All Devices

Because YouTube is a website, it can be accessed on any device.  YouTube's streaming services are compatible with all devices, whether you are on Android or Apple.

Ad Free Viewing

Due to movies having to be purchased or rented, users are able to watch rented or purchased movies and TV episodes on YouTube ad free.

Competitive Pricing

YouTube offers rentals starting at $1.99 per TV episode, which is competitive for the streaming TV industry.

Overall, YouTube is extremely well known for their viral videos and commercials, but now YouTube provides even more value by allowing users to rent or purchase movies and TV shows.  Users are able to watch rentals or purchased media on any device, as YouTube is accessible from all devices.  In addition, users can watch for an affordable price per rental/purchase and watch ad free.

The Bad

• Rental limitations
  • HD not available on web browsers
  • No parental controls

72 Hours to Finish Watching

Users have 30 days to watch and 72 hours to finish watching rented movies once they have started. This may be a disadvantage to users who are trying to watch a movie that is quite long.

HD Version Not Available on Web Browsers

HD versions of movies and TV shows cannot be viewed within a web browser on YouTube.  However, most streaming devices allow for HD viewing, such as Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc.

No Parental Controls

Currently, YouTube does not have parental controls for their movie streaming services.

YouTube has many great features to their services, but it is good to note the few drawbacks we found.  The main drawback to YouTube's streaming TV services is that HD isn't available through web browsers, only through streaming devices such as the Chromecast or Roku.

Also, parents don't have filtering control if they are going to watch a movie with their children.  This is an important family feature that is not available on YouTube.

View Top Rated Companies

The Bottom Line

YouTube is another great source to supplement streaming TV and movie needs. Users will find a variety of different rental and purchase prices depending on the release date and popularity of the movie or TV show.  And don't expect to find favorite movies, or TV series, in the free content. Users will most likely have to pay for full movies or TV shows they are looking for on YouTube.

However, if you're looking for free and interesting content, YouTube has got you covered. With millions of new videos uploaded by users every day, you're bound to find something completely unique. Don't expect many videos longer than ten minutes, but have fun following viral videos and trending content on the most widely used video streaming service today.

Overall, we recommend reviewing the top rated companies before making a final decision.

Jason
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I like using Youtube to watch shows because they have pretty much any show you could want to see.

Courtney Eames
June 24th, 2019 Kaysville, UT

YouTube is easy and fast to use. YouTube is really good at staying up to date and giving you new content.

Boston
June 24th, 2019 Kaysville, UT

YouTube used to be great. Now you censor your members videos and continue to let ads overrun everything.

Sierra Beck
June 21st, 2019 Herriman, UT

I love YouTube! There are so many shows that I like to watch. Certain YouTubers who review stuff, some singers, food videos. love watching funny bits from late night TV shows. As long as I have good WiFi or service, it worked great.

Lilly
June 21st, 2019 Logan, UT

I have my own YouTube channel with my sisters and we love it. It is easy to put on new videos and easy to work. And so many people use it which is a big benefit when you want more subscribers.

Tracy Hill
June 20th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I like YouTube because you can get shows and movies for a good price, but the quality can be poor sometimes. It can take a while to buffer. I will still use this company in the future

Rachel
June 17th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

Youtube Premium is so great. Their tv shows are fun too. It's just kind of a treat to get on YouTube and only see what you want to and no ads whatsoever, or to get through a whole playlist of music with no ads.

Nicole LeBaron
June 12th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Youtube is great for streaming movies! The quality is great and I already watch a lot of YouTube videos so it made sense to get YouTube streaming service.

Nicholas
June 11th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL

lots of knowledge brought from watching youtube, fairly reliable and fast with a stable connection.

Sherry Walbrecht
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

Lots of videos for whatever you need! I think the best part of YouTube is that you can find a video about almost anything. Lots of tutorials and lots of things that are just entertaining. Spend a lot of my time watching these videos!

Sergio
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

I find videos that have no relevance to me in my “Recommended” videos, as if YouTube itself is encouraging that clickbait. Now we have to go through 2 ads? No thank you. From what YouTube used to be, the present YouTube has unfortunately led to disappointment.

Marianne Parsons
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

I have used YouTube extensively for many years, mainly as a casual video viewer. The breadth of YouTube’s videos is quite large. I have been able to find many videos and songs which are quite difficult to find anywhere else. Unfortunately, I’ve noticed an increase in ads - before, after, and in the middle of - videos which has been an irritant.

Ken Francis
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

I appreciate the free content they have. I learned most things that I am trying to learn from Youtube. There are many more ads than I would like.

Jennifer Smith
June 11th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I do not use YouTube very often to stream video. I watch YouTube videos, but I have not gotten the hang of doing so from home like I have Amazon Prime. I feel like the prices are typically a bit higher and there is not as good of a selection as other Streaming TV providers. I would recommend working to make sure that it fits your specific needs before you get too involved.

Hunter Hambrick
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

Good service and something I daily use. However has gotten way to add heavy and sometimes makes it a pain to watch.

Dane robertson
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

You can find everything on YouTube!!!!! My favorite are some of the history channels that I’ve watched. And they said you can’t learn from watching tv

Benjamin Walbrecht
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

I find myself spending a lot of time on YouTube and there’s an endless amount of content for almost every topic/genre. However, the company is not transparent and does very little to help content creators succeed on the platform. They push content made by companies, such as late night tv. It’s becoming increasingly more difficult for individual creators to be successful, despite viewers wanting to see that kind of content

B Winward
June 11th, 2019 Orem, UT

I like the ted talks and short films the most I don’t like that anyone can find inappropriate things on here

Isaac
June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT

I’m not a big fan of YouTube because I was on it and something inappropriate was a cover of a video and I don’t want my kids to see that. So we deleted the app from all of our devices.

Sarah
June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT

YouTube is great. You can find any video you want out there and plus it’s a way to put your own videos on. I used to make video and weddings and put them on here and it was pretty easy.

Megan trauba
June 10th, 2019 Draper, UT

YouTube works really well for watching short videos. I know that they have movies on there too, but I usually use it to look up quick videos to watch.

Brittany Bray
June 10th, 2019 Springville, UT

You Tube has come in handy so many times throughout my week with my kids. I can use it to find any school skills to help teach my kids. I don’t love the Internet for children but with filters YouTube has become amazing for my children to learn.

Marissa
June 7th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN DETAILS

I have a love hate relationship with Youtube. My biggest beef is that they do "autoplay" when you are done with the video you've watched. With all the sketchy stuff on youtube, it's not safe and I would never let my children watch anything on it unattended.

DJ
June 7th, 2019 Forest Grove, OR

YouTube is a great platform for content creation and consumption. I can learn new skills or about products through the many types of videos available. The company needs to do a better job of limiting misinformation spreading though, and I think it should be held responsible for the consequences of the content it publishes and hosts like any normal media company.

Trenton Prestwich
June 6th, 2019 Taylorsville, UT DETAILS

I am on YouTube every day. Great for learning new skills and entertainment is abundant.

Naomi
June 4th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO

can find anything I want on Youtube. I am a piano teacher and often need an example of a song so that a student can hear what it's supposed to sound like. When I use Youtube, I can find several versions and choose the one I want to play for the student. I have also used Youtube to teach me things like how to change a tire on a car or make my makeup make me look younger.

Grant Lofgreen
June 4th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Love YouTube. Streaming tv has proved to be very useful for select programs. Ads don't always make me happy, especially during movies I've already paid for...

Amy Farmer
June 4th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Youtube is like the OG video platform and it’s awesome for that. I’m there to watch funny and random videos. However, I am never there when I want to stream a tv show, movie, etc. I wouldn’t even think to check YouTube for stuff like that. Also the suggestions that come up for after you’ve listened to songs or watched a video are sometimes great but sometimes random and terrible. Consistency would be nice.

Rylie Crandall
June 3rd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I appreciate that you can find almost any movie on YouTube and they you can rent it for a fairly. Heap price. Sometimes YouTube takes too long to buffer and the quality isn’t great but I think it matches the price. I would rather use Netflix or iTunes if it’s available, however.

Melissa Farmer
June 3rd, 2019 Littleton, CO

There is so much content on Youtube that there is always something that you will enjoy watching. It has created this whole new form of entertainment where there is something for everybody. I usually use it for entertainment purposes but I have also found videos for school or videos on how to do something that have been very useful.

Jeremy
June 3rd, 2019 Springville, UT

YouTube has saved me with every home project I have ever done. I can always go there to learn how to fix stuff I break

Christopher Dutson
June 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT

YouTube has a great user interface and has a wide variety of videos for any topic I search.

Beth
June 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT

Let’s you see movies and learn things that otherwise would be a lot harder. There are so many ads that interrupt that it really ruins your quality experience.

Jessica Bjorling
May 31st, 2019 Eldridge, IA

YouTube has been a great source of entertainment, but also a great source to learn different skills. I have used it often to help with home projects as well as hobbies like photography.

Samie Cummings
May 30th, 2019 Ephraim, UT DETAILS

I love YouTube. I use it to download music for my friends and family to view. You can reach anything with YouTube

Myles Cox
May 29th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

The best streaming platform on the internet. Ads are slightly intrusive. Creators are slightly underpaid.

G
May 28th, 2019 Saint George, UT

I love YouTube! They give me wonderful Minecraft vids and music videos to watch!

Alyssa skinner
May 28th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I love YouTube and how easy it is to use. I also love how they have movies you can rent for 48hr and it’s so cheap!!

Liana
May 28th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO

This is where the most interesting and unique content is being made nowadays. Great for reviews or niche documentaries.

Jacob Shaner
May 28th, 2019

I really enjoy using Youtube to watch all sorts of videos. The conatant ads are worth the content.

E S
May 28th, 2019 Meridian, ID

Parental controls are very good. However, Concerned about how it and other mass social media type sites censor content. Good resource for music and learning about car repair, banking, and a variety of topics.

Anne Sainsbury
May 28th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS

I have been a YouTube user for many years. One of the best things that ever happened to YouTube is when they started providing purchasing and rental features for movies. I have used them every once in a while to rent a movie to watch and the streaming has been great! If you are not wanting to pay for a membership to Netflix or Hulu, Youtube is a great platform to use to watch movies every so often.

Rosie Hansen
May 20th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I have the premium and I love that there are no ads while I'm listening to music.

rcurtis
May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I just love YouTube! Its such a great site, and there is such a good variety of videos. It's super easy to use, and really nice. I love how you can put restrictions on for the kids, so I'm never worrying about what they're up to>.

Allyce Jones
May 17th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Youtube provides a lot of resources for educators which has helped me a lot as a teacher. Not only is it great for teachers, but for coaching as well to find different drills for practices. As a mother it helps me find educational shows for my children to watch when necessary.

Preston KFowler
May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

I do think that there is a lot of ads for videos, I do not enjoy getting an ad in the middle of my video it ruins my attention span and sometimes makes it so that I lose interest in the video that I was watching.

BLF
May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We love to watch TV and videos on YouTube. The only downside are the advertisements. There are a great selection of self help videos and movies to choose from.

Jeremy
May 14th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I can’t live without this. A great for of entertainment and they’re always trying to improve and give you more.

Dean
May 14th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

I use YouTube quite frequently just to surf the internet but the paid YouTube portion is great. Add free videos are great! All of the different options that come with it make YouTube a great option.

Reese
May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

YouTube gives me access to so many different videos and content. It has something on everything and it is easy to search and find what I am looking for. I like that they also have a lot of live events and sporting events on YouTube.