YouTube Logo

7.7

LAST UPDATED: January 19th, 2022
Owned by Google, YouTube is one of the largest video streaming platforms available online. With millions of views racking up every day, YouTube's platform has a little bit of everything for all interests and genres. Ranging from short viral videos and local channels to clips of a series you've been struggling to find, YouTube has access to channels all over the world through its streaming tv services. Stream any show, movie, or video you want and enjoy live tv. YouTube even has youtube music to enjoy and stream all sorts of music from your mobile device.

Anyone can create a video and upload it to YouTube today and could be seen by millions of viewers tomorrow using the video streaming services for all sorts of original content. Subscribers can even buy or rent some of the newest movies and TV shows for live tv streaming. Use multiple devices to watch your favorite subscription, premium channels, and cable channels. All you need is an account, device, wi-fi network, and you can watch tv, channels, and subscription from anywhere! With mulitple streaming tv services to choose from, you can easily find all of the top subscription you love using YouTube. You can also search for all sorts of original content to satisfy whatever watching situation you are in.

Netflix Logo
#1 Netflix chevron_right
Amazon Prime Logo
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
Hulu Plus Logo
#4 Hulu Plus chevron_right

The Good

• Unique content
  • Device compatibility
  • Affordable pricing

Millions of YouTube Videos

Users can watch literally millions of easy "how-to" videos, music videos, commercials, and so much more for educational or entertainment purposes. With the freedom to post and view, find all of your live streaming needs with a simple search. You can even pay for movies like star trek or a handmaid's tale on YouTube to continue to watch all of your favorite movies and tv networks.

Compatible on All Devices

Because YouTube is a website, it can be accessed on any device. YouTube's streaming services are compatible with all devices, whether you are on Android or Apple. With great customer service, you can also easily type in questions and get an immediate response back regarding all of your subscription and streaming tv services needs.

Ad Free Viewing

Due to movies having to be purchased or rented, users are able to watch rented or purchased movies and TV episodes on YouTube ad free. This makes your experience more enjoyable not just on mobile devices, but also on channels, cable, and on-demand service.

Competitive Pricing

YouTube offers rentals starting at $1.99 per TV episode, which is competitive for the streaming TV industry. Looking at top competitors prices like cable tv, netflix, vudu, prime video, pluto tv, and other streaming services, you can find all sorts of great deals and find all of the shows, movies, and video you love and enjoy.

Overall, YouTube is extremely well known for their viral videos and commercials, but now YouTube provides even more value by allowing users to rent or purchase movies and TV shows. Users are able to watch rentals or purchased media on any device, as YouTube is accessible from all devices. In addition, users can watch for an affordable price per rental/purchase and watch ad free.

The Bad

• Rental limitations
  • HD not available on web browsers
  • No parental controls

72 Hours to Finish Watching

Users have 30 days to watch and 72 hours to finish watching rented movies once they have started. This may be a disadvantage to users who are trying to watch a movie that is quite long. You also dont own the movies or video you rent which can be a bummer if you want to watch it again and again.

HD Version Not Available on Web Browsers

HD versions of movies and TV shows cannot be viewed within a web browser on YouTube. However, most streaming devices allow for HD viewing, such as Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc. Be sure to check compatibility on your mobile devices to ensure the most optimal viewing standards so you can enjoy your live tv streaming and video streaming.

No Parental Controls

Currently, YouTube does not have parental controls for their movie streaming services. YouTube has many great features to their services, but it is good to note the few drawbacks we found. The main drawback to YouTube's streaming TV services is that HD isn't available through web browsers, only through streaming devices such as the Chromecast or Roku. Also, parents don't have filtering control if they are going to watch a movie with their children. This is an important family feature that is not available on YouTube. You can install an app that helps to enable stricter viewing standards to keep your family safe, but be aware of what premium channels, live streaming, and cable channels can present on live tv streaming. View Top Rated Companies

The Bottom Line

YouTube is another great source to supplement streaming TV and movie needs. Users will find a variety of different rental and purchase prices depending on the release date and popularity of the movie or TV show. And don't expect to find favorite movies, or TV series, in the free content. Users will most likely have to pay for full movies or TV shows they are looking for on YouTube. However, if you're looking for free and interesting content, YouTube has got you covered. With millions of new videos uploaded by users every day, you're bound to find something completely unique. Don't expect many videos longer than ten minutes, but have fun following viral videos and trending content on the most widely used video streaming service today. Overall, we recommend reviewing the top rated companies before making a final decision.

Laurel Dalton Salt Lake City, UT

I love how quick and easy it is to find anything on YouTube. During the pandemic, I was forced to start exercising from home. I was thrilled to find a variety of High Fit videos available to me online. Through YouTube, I can find anything ranging from "how to..." videos to cardio workouts. I am so grateful to have access to this platform.

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

I use the youtube movie streaming service daily, I like how everything is all in one place and most of the platform is free to use. YouTube is more user friendly than any video sharing site i've used and there's obviously good reason it's as popular as it is.

Paula Pili Provo, UT

I love YouTube It’s easy to access in the car at home on your phone There is such vast variety of things to watch Spiritual uplift, diy, personal events Everything is uploaded to YouTube it feels like. My easy listening to Sunday sounds to “ how to crochet a beanie “ I watch YouTube daily actually and it’s free! ;) with so much possibilities and potential to make money as well.

Grace Citrus Heights, CA

Everyone in my family know I am the uTube junky. You can find information, or entertainment sites, digital books, resources on any subject using uTube. And you can do this anytime of the day.

Erik Lewis Minneapolis, MN

Recently tried this as a Google One deal. I really love skipping the ads. I will keep the service when the trial is done.

Rebecca D

YouTube is amazing. The only problem I have with them is sometimes they’re streaming content has a lot of glitches. Also there are a lot of ads but if you can get past that it really does have a lot of good content.

Amber David Tallahassee, FL

Whenever I go on YouTube, there are great recommendations for me based on my previously watched videos. Also, they have shorts that are spectacular to watch to pass time. Also, YouTube lets me learn about different things when I am uneducated about academics or life skills.

Laura Mccall Yuba City, CA

I love YouTube they have really good videos to watch and they are easy to operate. Love watching the howtohunt videos and any prepping videos

Noa Ranoa Vista, CA

I don't know what I'd do without YouTube and epic fails. YouTube has movies and music and anything you can search. YouTube.... the greatest invention on the internet.

Ken Bacolod City, NEC

It´s a good platform when it comes to video streaming. As an ordinary streamer whom cannot afford the subscription, my only problem is the numerous ads.

Kaylee Gay Columbia, MO

Youtube has so many options to watch for everyone at no price! I love that you can watch your favorite YouTubers all from the comfort of your home. I love that Youtube gives access to anyone around the world and it allows me to stay connected with what's going on.

Mitali Ganeriwal Orlando, FL

I love watching blogs, podcasts and listening to music. it is extremely user friendly

Rafet Afnan Mymensingh, 34

YouTube is one of the best online streaming software. YouTube offers you a thousand varieties of videos on every aspect of your day-to-day life. If you want to learn something new peep into YouTube, You need to assist in homework YouTube is for you! You need a new dish to try a search on YouTube! Thousands of movies, shows, talk shows, Ted talk, Educational shows, music, everything is available on YouTube. The subscription charges are much lower considering its wide variation of collections and benefits. One more thing, You can monitor and restrict your underage children from adult content on YouTube.

Krista Griffith Tulsa, OK

I really appreciate all the content. I like being able to find movies here that I can't find on other sites. I don't appreciate constantly being asked if I want to try YouTube Red. Ask me once a week but not daily.

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

I have had premium for over a year now & it is so worth the price! Love the no ads & the ability to play the videos and content while my phone is "locked."

JJ Jenkins Phoenix, AZ

I use YouTube everyday to watch stories that are suggested to me because of my past viewing habits. I like that this features of a YouTube always picks news. stories, and movies that are exactly what I like. It saves me time from hours I do not have to use looking for things that I like. Also it is free!

Kaylalibby233 Queens, NY

Fun videos plus educational. Have not had any issues with it

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

I am on YouTube daily as I have a wide array of channels that I like to follow. You can find anything that you need to learn or want to find out about on YouTube. It is so cool to see people grow on YouTube and to see them become successful at what they are doing along with recognition from YouTube on reaching milestones. I really enjoy watching YouTube and although there are adds you can skip them after 5 second if you want and some of them are actually interesting and have lead me to seeking out products to investigate them further.

BFK

After being dissatisfied with Dish Network we finally settled on YouTubeTV. The cost was better than others and they had the content our family wanted. Another great feature was that each of our children could have their own account under our account.

Mike Perrins Spring Hill, FL

They got great quality videos and have great dyi video people showing how to fix cars ect

Ashley Nicole Jacksonville, FL

YouTube has so many options for entertainment. I never get tired of this platform and it has been able to grow with me throughout the years.

G GA

All sorts of things that you want to watch and and things that you don't want to watch it's all there great service covers everything under the sun and the Sun highly recommend you get this service five stars

Kamrul Kibria Rangpur City, 55

It is a great experience with youtube. I have learned many things on it. It's like a world. I can enjoy movies, songs, documentary, inspiring videos and many things by the help of youtube. I can't live without youtube in this pandemic situation. Thumbs-up for Youtube always.

Makayla Holland Gaithersburg, MD

I five YouTube a 5 star rating this is such a good site to promote business, become bloggers, and its mainly just a site where you can get helpful tips and suggestions with anything. Any problem that you have ,you can find the solution when you search it up on YouTube and it’s all for free.

Peter

No issues. The programming is what my family and I watch. The extra movies they allow you to watch later are great. If I wanted to record missed episodes feature is great and being able to do it from my cell phone is great. Only issue is the cost.

Clark Beus Richland, WA

I’m very impressed as I’ve begun to see the breadth of programming available on YouTube. We just have the free YouTube and don’t pay for YouTube premium. Whether it’s learning how to do a fixit task around the house, how to improve my tennis skills, or to watch a complete history of World War 2, there is a wealth of information available.

Corbin Short ,

Honestly, this far more worth paying for than satellite TV. Streaming capabilities are the future for convenience and quality. I do believe YouTube is better able to price discriminate in the sense that I can get exactly what I am willing to pay for (which is not a lot). It has been well worth using. My only complaint is how using YouTube TV blends too seamlessly into the way I use the normal YouTube. I wish there was a more clear separation, maybe a better environment for the streaming product.

Sandi Westover Fremont, CA

We currently are not paying for television service, no satellite or cable TV. So we have just been using free YouTube to get current news and sports. My husband misses his ESPN but after a game he watches the highlights on YouTube. It's great! He watches a whole basketball game in no time. They just show the baskets being made so you don't see all the dribbling back and forth. I love it! He does miss ESPN but we're saving $70 a month. We also look up news events and anything else we're interested in. At some point we'll probably get some type of TV service, he does enjoy watching the whole game. But YouTube is a great resource and the best part is that it's free.

bmc2z7 Columbia, MO

There are always interesting videos to watch. I could spend hours watching videos about things I like.

Barbara Bacoor, CAV

My experience with them has been so amazing especially the free content. I love watching random videos on Youtube but I also love that they have movies that you can rent as well.

Teri Kohl

For the most part positive. It is the only streaming site that works well with my poor internet service. There is a very good varity of programs. And it appears that there is not too much censorship.

Bill Hull

Much cheaper than cable with a solid lineup of channels. Plus, I like being able to watch it on my phone while sitting on the toilet. ewhile sitting on the toilet on m

Andrea Wheaton, IL

We had YouTubeTV for a while when we needed to lower our expenses and was so impressed with it. While the offerings are limited, they offer local channels and pretty much all of the popular cable channels. You can add sports and movie channel packages, but we never found that we needed them.

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

I use YouTube constantly to show my students videos of successful musicians and ensembles to supplement content for my percussion and band classes. It's great for them to see videos made by real people to help motivate them in their own careers as young musicians. I have not done any of the YouTube Television service, but I'm sure it is great and will maybe one day get a subscription!

Richard Westover Fremont, CA

I have been very pleased with You Tube. I currently do not have any TV service I use You Tube to watch highlights from Sports events, current news and even updates from TV shows. Currently with NBA games with in a hour after a game is done I'm able to watch highlights. Back in September I was able to view the final results from America's Got Talent even before it was broadcast here in the West Coast. Additionally I'm able to watch other videos from your normal You Tube queries.

Michael Lyman Salt Lake City, UT

YouTube has become the 2nd most used website essentially on the internet. No one can beat them for original content and variety. You can find videos for almost any purpose, from education to entertainment. I really like that they have started offering video renting through their site, I was really surprised when I found it. The prices are comparable to other movie rental streaming sites.

Doyal Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I use YouTube all of the time to see how to do different things like fixing my car, fixing my computer, or learning more about different things in finances and stocks. If you want a video, you can find it on YouTube. I spend a great deal of time finding interesting videos to watch and learn from. I was really excited when I got the app on my phone so I didn't have to just watch it on my laptop.

Susan Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

YouTube has some of the funniest things I have ever seen. I remember when YouTube first came out and my kids would show me really lame things, and I thought it was so dumb. But now, almost everyday I am given funny videos from YouTube from family and friends. I send them all of the time too. It's been a funny weird way to connect with other people.

Christopher Haueter Salt Lake City, UT

Youtube is the epitome of why the internet is both great and terrible at the same time. I love youtube for entertainment whether it's funny videos or redbull action sports videos. I also love that I can learn just about anything on youtube. I've taught myself how to repair my mountain bikes, maintain them and ride them better. I've also learn how to fix my cars, and even learned some woodworking skills, math skills, chemistry skills, etc. Unfortunately, youtube has a ton of porn and there is basically no way to filter it. If it's owned by google, you would think that they would have done something about that by now. There are also a lot of ads unfortunately.

Kierra Kennedy Tallahassee, FL

Youtube is a great source of entertainment they have many videos about anything even movies.

Tee’Anna Weston Tallahassee, FL

Best internet source, provides knowledge and entail on just about any and everything.

Matthew Carbaugh Herndon, VA

I'm a youtube junkie! As a platform for education/ self improvement vides it is unparalleled. I frequent the youtube app multiple times a day and when I have a topic of interest I love getting totally engrossed in it through videos. The only two things I have to say negative about youtube is that the suggested videos the algorithm suggest are kid of wonky and corner you in to topics that don't really help you explore. Also find it irritating that being able to play with phone locked is a paid service. I tried the 3 month demo and don't think it is worth the money to unlock this feature and the exclusive series they offer.

josharmatage Alpine, UT

YouTube is one of my favorite platforms because there is something on it for everyone, and I mean EVERYONE! I personally spend at least an hour on YouTube everyday, sometimes 5, but that is because there is so much entertaining content uploaded every minute. There are also videos to help you with a problem you are having like how to change a tire, or how to tie a tie. I also have my own YouTube channel called Josh Armatage, and I have found that uploading content is very easy, it takes some time to upload a video depending on how long the video is, but overall the YouTube platform is very, very easy to use.

Cathy Milne

The ability to have an unlimited on-demand library and live TV is great. I also use Netflix, Pureflix, and Amazon streaming services.

Jesse

Reliable connectivity. The price is very reasonable. I like the fact that it doesn't disconnect from my internet constantly like Directtvnow does.

William Golden Peekskill, NY

I love You Tube. I am able to find and watch music videos and watch instructional videos. I am entertained and educated. I especially valued all the photography videos that helped improve my skills.

Aaliyah Fuller Tallahassee, FL

YouTube is an amazing platform that allows me to watch a multitude of different videos, shows, or movies. I have never encountered any issues with YouTube. I am able to find whatever I'm looking for with ease.

ang Milwaukee, WI

Even though YouTube TV is more expensive than most I find myself coming back to it because of the variety of shows offered at any given time. It’s my favorite streaming service.

Amy Billings Smithfield, UT

My husband loves sports. When we decided to eliminate our satellite bill, we tried several different streaming services. YouTube T.V. Was by far the best option for viewing football, basketball, soccer, baseball, and golf! We particularly love the pause option. It is also a great way to watch local news. I would highly recommend this service.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

You Tube is the video search engine of all search engines! We have used YT videos for everything from fixing a car to home decorating to diy anything. The vast amount of information and entertainment provides everything one could ever need.