Owned by Google, YouTube is one of the largest video streaming platforms available online. With millions of views racking up every day, YouTube's platform has a little bit of everything for all interests and genres. Ranging from short viral videos and local channels to clips of a series you've been struggling to find, YouTube has access to channels all over the world through its streaming tv services. Stream any show, movie, or video you want and enjoy live tv. YouTube even has youtube music to enjoy and stream all sorts of music from your mobile device.

Anyone can create a video and upload it to YouTube today and could be seen by millions of viewers tomorrow using the video streaming services for all sorts of original content. Subscribers can even buy or rent some of the newest movies and TV shows for live tv streaming. Use multiple devices to watch your favorite subscription, premium channels, and cable channels. All you need is an account, device, wi-fi network, and you can watch tv, channels, and subscription from anywhere! With mulitple streaming tv services to choose from, you can easily find all of the top subscription you love using YouTube. You can also search for all sorts of original content to satisfy whatever watching situation you are in.

#1 Netflix chevron_right
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right

The Good

• Unique content
  • Device compatibility
  • Affordable pricing

Millions of YouTube Videos

Users can watch literally millions of easy "how-to" videos, music videos, commercials, and so much more for educational or entertainment purposes. With the freedom to post and view, find all of your live streaming needs with a simple search. You can even pay for movies like star trek or a handmaid's tale on YouTube to continue to watch all of your favorite movies and tv networks.

Compatible on All Devices

Because YouTube is a website, it can be accessed on any device. YouTube's streaming services are compatible with all devices, whether you are on Android or Apple. With great customer service, you can also easily type in questions and get an immediate response back regarding all of your subscription and streaming tv services needs.

Ad Free Viewing

Due to movies having to be purchased or rented, users are able to watch rented or purchased movies and TV episodes on YouTube ad free. This makes your experience more enjoyable not just on mobile devices, but also on channels, cable, and on-demand service.

Competitive Pricing

YouTube offers rentals starting at $1.99 per TV episode, which is competitive for the streaming TV industry. Looking at top competitors prices like cable tv, netflix, vudu, prime video, pluto tv, and other streaming services, you can find all sorts of great deals and find all of the shows, movies, and video you love and enjoy.

Overall, YouTube is extremely well known for their viral videos and commercials, but now YouTube provides even more value by allowing users to rent or purchase movies and TV shows. Users are able to watch rentals or purchased media on any device, as YouTube is accessible from all devices. In addition, users can watch for an affordable price per rental/purchase and watch ad free.

The Bad

• Rental limitations
  • HD not available on web browsers
  • No parental controls

72 Hours to Finish Watching

Users have 30 days to watch and 72 hours to finish watching rented movies once they have started. This may be a disadvantage to users who are trying to watch a movie that is quite long. You also dont own the movies or video you rent which can be a bummer if you want to watch it again and again.

HD Version Not Available on Web Browsers

HD versions of movies and TV shows cannot be viewed within a web browser on YouTube. However, most streaming devices allow for HD viewing, such as Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc. Be sure to check compatibility on your mobile devices to ensure the most optimal viewing standards so you can enjoy your live tv streaming and video streaming.

No Parental Controls

Currently, YouTube does not have parental controls for their movie streaming services. YouTube has many great features to their services, but it is good to note the few drawbacks we found. The main drawback to YouTube's streaming TV services is that HD isn't available through web browsers, only through streaming devices such as the Chromecast or Roku. Also, parents don't have filtering control if they are going to watch a movie with their children. This is an important family feature that is not available on YouTube. You can install an app that helps to enable stricter viewing standards to keep your family safe, but be aware of what premium channels, live streaming, and cable channels can present on live tv streaming. View Top Rated Companies

The Bottom Line

YouTube is another great source to supplement streaming TV and movie needs. Users will find a variety of different rental and purchase prices depending on the release date and popularity of the movie or TV show. And don't expect to find favorite movies, or TV series, in the free content. Users will most likely have to pay for full movies or TV shows they are looking for on YouTube. However, if you're looking for free and interesting content, YouTube has got you covered. With millions of new videos uploaded by users every day, you're bound to find something completely unique. Don't expect many videos longer than ten minutes, but have fun following viral videos and trending content on the most widely used video streaming service today. Overall, we recommend reviewing the top rated companies before making a final decision.

Kayle Wilds

February 26th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I enjoy it but the videos can be too revealing for young children. I like the gardening ones.

Logan Hudson

February 26th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been using Youtube since 2007, and I have been both pleased, and entertained. I can find so much information for many topics and is one of the best platforms for streaming videos.

Jenna

February 26th, 2020 Potomac, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love watching Youtube and they are the best source of entertainment. I use it on a daily basis and find it so useful, I can watch for entertainment or search up reviews or look for how to do something.

Holly Brown

February 26th, 2020 Metairie, LA

youtube is a household name and home to countless videos, and an excellent streaming service for movies not found anywhere else. a joy using

Zachary Simpson

February 26th, 2020 Norcross, GA

I’ve been using YouTube for years and I am subscribed to all of my favorite channels. It’s a great service but the double ads get very annoying pretty quick.

Mykahla Nelson

February 26th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

YouTube is awesome has so many videos to movies to how to videos. The tabs also makes it easy to navigate. I have watched my movies on this and it works super well!

David T

February 25th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service is ok, but the streaming cut out a few times during the movie and it was annoying to have to wait for it to catch up.

Stephanie Love

February 25th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We all love you tube. It’s been great to watch videos and post videos for family and family to see that don’t live local. You tube has just anything that you wanna watch. It has videos on how to do things on your own. It’s been so helpful in so many project that I do around the house or on the car, hair, nails, tips on cleaning and organizing, etc...it has just about anything on there. You tube is a must.

Lorna Johnston

February 25th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

YouTube is awesome! It has become easier and easier to locate the content I want. I use it for all sorts of things I need to know how to do as well as entertainment. Love it.

Julie Taylor

February 25th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good variety of things to watch. Keeps me and my kids entertained. Good thing to watch and well taken care of place.

JR Suguturaga

February 25th, 2020 Orem, UT

YouTube provides great content with a variety of options and it is easy to navigate.

Zabsanti

February 25th, 2020 Silverhill, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I want YouTube everyday and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love the streaming quality and this different selections and the platform that allows other people to be creative

DeeDee G.

February 25th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I personally watch a lot of youtube so this is a good investment for me. Thre ad free and downalods alone are worth the streaming.

Adria

February 25th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Who doesn’t love YouTube. So much to watch. So easy to access. Tons of variety. Love!

Benjamin LeBlanc

February 22nd, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As good as YouTube is to the consumers of a service I must say the treatment and experience of you tubers them selves quite sad. Would not recommend being a YouTuber

Braylyn Linford

February 21st, 2020 Lehi, UT

I don’t watch a lot of YouTube I don’t want my kids to watch a lot of YouTube considering all the stuff that can be on there I do know that I am not the only person in the world therefore we just try to stay away from it I don’t pay for anything extra if it comes on the phone or on the TV or the computer obviously but I don’t know if you can upgrade to different things or not I wish there was a little bit better filtering on it

Nicholas Cloward

February 21st, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Can find too much fake stuff or copies of stuff and not the real deal. Can find cool stuff though too

Tungsten Hale

February 20th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been using youtube for years to get my entertainment and media, the website and apps are great and I know I can rely on youtube for good streaming service

Audrey Mitchell

February 20th, 2020 Managua, MN

YouTube has been convenient to watch certain shows that they have listed. If you dont have YouTube prime, there is not as big of selection for movies, but there are millions of YouTube's to watch.

Matthew Cota

February 20th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great quality, great ideas, funny videos , able to learn lots of stuff , how to do stuff, great experience

Kaitlyn McBride

February 20th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love YouTube and the platform it provides entertainers from around the world! So awesome

Molly Keogh

February 19th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that many different people make them. I like how there is different things to watch. Some are funny some are sad some are happy.

GrandpaRod

February 14th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is one of the great inventions of our time. It has saved me so many times on the how to side of getting things done. I want to thank all of those contributors who take their time to help the do it yourself person learn more. I also appreciate the wide range of entertainment. I wish it was all family friendly, which is my only concern.

Greg Robbins

February 14th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

I do enjoy at times viewing posted videos. However I wish there were a way to control the inappropriate garbage people post.

norasugu

February 14th, 2020 Kaneohe, HI

Love YouTube and the content on there (for the most part). I love how I can upload as well! Algorithm is kind of weird, though, and the trending page caters to creators who shouldn’t really be trending. Lots of shady stuff going on under earth the surface, though, such as copyright issues.

Lucy Mair

February 14th, 2020 Saint George, UT

Youtube is a great entertainment website. The only problem is that it will sometimes play ads right in the middle of a video and it gets annoying.

Halle Rex

February 14th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT

It is easy to find what I want to watch. They make it simple. I like that the website has gotten better at recommending me interesting videos that I will like.

SavorTheGlory

February 11th, 2020 Baytown, TX

I use this app all the time and it is the best for media distribution by far and has brought me many laughs.

RodrigoRamirez

February 11th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love youtube. I hate the direction it has gone advertising wise. Cutting videos midway to play some whack advertisement just sucks. It kills the experience and is always frustrating. I understand that's how a lot people make their money, just leave it at before the video starts and give me the ability to skip the advertisement. Otherwise, youtube is something I can't live without.

AmyConder22

February 11th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT

You tube is a great resource to look up anything you are sure how to do or step by step instructions. It really has a little bit of everything.

Kiana Chatfield

February 11th, 2020 Grass Valley, CA

I can watch anything on here and it help me with whatever I need. Love watching this all the time.

Hunter Nobles

February 11th, 2020 Olivehurst, CA

Literally anything you want to research, learn, or be entertained by, just look it up on YouTube, and it’ll be there.

Janice Genes

February 10th, 2020 Hurricane, UT

My husband watches Fox News thru This station. I look up different backing ideas. My son watches all the funny bloopers

Erika Douglas

February 10th, 2020 Cedar Fort, UT

This is our favorite place to look for video clips from movies, or random shows we can't find other places.

Amanda

February 10th, 2020 Montebello, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

YouTube is a great platform to stream on because of the wide variety of content offered. I define my recommend YouTube all the time.

Kelly comstock

February 7th, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love this app and the free version. I watch YouTube every day and use it to research everything

Reckholdt

February 7th, 2020 Draper, UT

I love you tube and you tube kids. My kids love them too. It’s super easy to find what we want and it’s really easy to stream to our tv. Even our two year old loves it and can do it on her own.

Eddie Rios

February 6th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From random internet site to absolute giant in entertainment. Tons of content on YouTube. You can stream just about anything, anytime. Streaming is easy and it only leaves you wanting more! You can enjoy streaming in an easy to use format.

terryjamison

February 6th, 2020 Gulfport, MS

youtube is amazing! i love the different types of videos there are to watch. the layout is simple an easy to use but effective and the costumer service is always very helpful and mainstream!

Roman Christiansen

February 6th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

YouTube TV is a great streaming platform and has all the sports events that I need! The service is incredible!

Lindsay

February 4th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

I like the music and video suggestions given . The variety has broad for whatever your interests are.

Darbles32

February 3rd, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When no other app I have for movies are working I go to YouTube and I didn’t realize you could buy movies on their for a good price which I like

Juliann Mecham

February 3rd, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a fan of YouTube and YouTube premium to steam TV. I love how you can download what you want to watch offline, and how you can still watch and listen and do other things on your device.

PessoaJ

February 3rd, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We got a YouTube TV about a year ago and have been happy with it. It has allowed us to watch several sports things that would unable to watch otherwise.

Lawrence Lee

January 31st, 2020 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really like YouTube. Hated the ads for a while that's for sure! But got used to them and it makes sense why they have them. So grateful they let you skip some ads. I think it postively incentivizes marketers to make better ads instead of getting to force it on you unless they're really willing to pay the price! I love their progress with recommendations and trying to make that better. I have a few ideas on how that can be improved but all in all, I watch lots of videos and listen to a ton of music through YouTube! I'm not a paying customer...but not do I think anyone else is?

chris Francom

January 30th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was happier with the pricing when I originally signed up. It’s $15 more per month after two price hikes. I do like the unlimited dvr included.

Khamauri Cole

January 29th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

YouTube now I love about you too cuz you can watch all your favorite songs all your favorite shows and all the stuff that you wanted to see that that's something irritating that I can re-watch

Martha Smith

January 28th, 2020 O'Fallon, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid for a movie rental. Did NOT have access to movie for 48 hours, as agreement states.

Cam McClellan

January 27th, 2020 Magna, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like watching movies and videos from YouTube, although I will find myself two hours later watching a video and not realizing how I even got to that video. It is addicting but also informative if you search for the right stuff.

Jack Dean

January 27th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

YouTube has a an almost limitless amount of videos available. They have channels available for young kids to watch to keep entertained and channels that are able to keep most adults watching.