YouTube

YouTube Logo

YouTube

$9.99 Monthly Fees

Owned by Google, YouTube is one of the largest video streaming platforms available online. With millions of views racking up every day, YouTube's platform has a little bit of everything for all interests and genres. Ranging from short viral videos to clips of a series you've been struggling to find, YouTube has access to channels all over the world.

Anyone can create a video and upload it to YouTube today and could be seen by millions of viewers tomorrow. Subscribers can even buy or rent some of the newest movies and TV shows.

The Good

• Unique content
  • Device compatibility
  • Affordable pricing

Millions of YouTube Videos

Users can watch literally millions of easy "how-to" videos, music videos, commercials, and so much more for educational or entertainment purposes.

Compatible on All Devices

Because YouTube is a website, it can be accessed on any device.  YouTube's streaming services are compatible with all devices, whether you are on Android or Apple.

Ad Free Viewing

Due to movies having to be purchased or rented, users are able to watch rented or purchased movies and TV episodes on YouTube ad free.

Competitive Pricing

YouTube offers rentals starting at $1.99 per TV episode, which is competitive for the streaming TV industry.

Overall, YouTube is extremely well known for their viral videos and commercials, but now YouTube provides even more value by allowing users to rent or purchase movies and TV shows.  Users are able to watch rentals or purchased media on any device, as YouTube is accessible from all devices.  In addition, users can watch for an affordable price per rental/purchase and watch ad free.

The Bad

• Rental limitations
  • HD not available on web browsers
  • No parental controls

72 Hours to Finish Watching

Users have 30 days to watch and 72 hours to finish watching rented movies once they have started. This may be a disadvantage to users who are trying to watch a movie that is quite long.

HD Version Not Available on Web Browsers

HD versions of movies and TV shows cannot be viewed within a web browser on YouTube.  However, most streaming devices allow for HD viewing, such as Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc.

No Parental Controls

Currently, YouTube does not have parental controls for their movie streaming services.

YouTube has many great features to their services, but it is good to note the few drawbacks we found.  The main drawback to YouTube's streaming TV services is that HD isn't available through web browsers, only through streaming devices such as the Chromecast or Roku.

Also, parents don't have filtering control if they are going to watch a movie with their children.  This is an important family feature that is not available on YouTube.

View Top Rated Companies

The Bottom Line

YouTube is another great source to supplement streaming TV and movie needs. Users will find a variety of different rental and purchase prices depending on the release date and popularity of the movie or TV show.  And don't expect to find favorite movies, or TV series, in the free content. Users will most likely have to pay for full movies or TV shows they are looking for on YouTube.

However, if you're looking for free and interesting content, YouTube has got you covered. With millions of new videos uploaded by users every day, you're bound to find something completely unique. Don't expect many videos longer than ten minutes, but have fun following viral videos and trending content on the most widely used video streaming service today.

Overall, we recommend reviewing the top rated companies before making a final decision.

Donna Evans
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I am so amazed at how it seems that if I need to know how to do something there is a video of it on youtube,

Jonas De Olveira
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I decided to get YouTube during the world cup so that I could watch the games. It worked great and I saw all the games I was hoping to. I didn't keep it though because it was a bit pricey, but still considering signing up again. I recommend it as an alternative to cable.

Amy Crawley
February 14th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love the how to videos offered and have watched quite a few that have helped me with various projects. I also enjoy videos posted by various subscripers on fashion and wardrobe styling.

Patricia
February 13th, 2019 Lincoln City, OR DETAILS

I enjoy utube, great entertainment and also depending on what one watches educational. I am subscribed to several channels. People I enjoy and my favorite videos I watch often.

Pasimata
February 13th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

I can always count on YouTube. I love that it’s free. The kids setting could be a lot better though. A lot of complaints I’ve heard was that even though it’s set to kids content, videos that are inappropriate still make its way to that area.

Abigail De Oliveira
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT

The adds are getting crazy I've even had ads in a middle of a song. I think that it is getting out of hand and a little greedy.

Michelle Mortimer
February 13th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

YouTube is such a big thing in our home! The videos people post are so inspiring and helpful as well as entertaining.

Brian Scott
February 13th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

YouTube is awesome! They seem to have a wider selection of new releases than Amazon or Netflix. My family uses YouTube all the time!

Kilee De Oliveira
February 13th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

So great! Everything is on here and it's a great free way to listen to most anything you want. If you don't use YouTube it's time to change that.

Michelle De Oliveira
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I use youtube at least once a day. It not only entertains me, but has also helped me on several occasions fix and repair things. Which saves us a ton since we don't need to call a repairman.

McKenna Fox
February 12th, 2019 Baltimore, MD

I use youtube everyday, from cheap entertainment to how-to vids and workout routines. It rocks

Jordan
February 12th, 2019 Alpine, UT

YouTube has been a great source of information and entertainment in my life. I love going on YouTube to learn how to do pretty much anything from watching other’s videos. I have also enjoyed many a night laughing at videos that have been posted. Great service and product.

Ericka Bergstrom
February 12th, 2019 Lehi, UT

YouTube is so useful. Anything from entertainment to educational videos - you can find it on YouTube!

Jenna Nakaahiki
February 12th, 2019 Kapaa, HI

I love YouTube. I use it mainly for music and to look up topics for school projects. It’s very helpful.

marlene bennett
February 12th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

U tube has an amazing wealth of programs, videos, Ted talks etc. However as a grandma that takes care of grand kids a lot my favorite is what's available for kids. U tube kids is my favorite. It give me a break.

S Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT

I participated in a free trial and would continue to use this service if there was more content similar to other services. I do like that you can access many topics without having to subscribe.

Christy Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I think you tube is amazing! So much cool stuff to find but I don’t feel safe letting my kids browse on there because the content is not filtered well. Pretty disappointing because there is so much good fun stuff on there!

Katie Young
February 12th, 2019 Charlottesville, VA

The quality for videos on YouTube has really gone up over the years, but that's thanks to the content creators. I understand and accept ads to pay the creators, but putting them in the middle of videos is getting unbearable. I have no complaints about the interface.

JR Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT

This product provides great content with a variety of options. Easy to navigate

Nate
February 12th, 2019 American Fork, UT

YouTube is my favorite app. There are so many amazing creators that make awesome videos!

Ponch Thompson
February 12th, 2019 South Jordan, UT

I think YouTube is missing some customer education. Many still think it is a place simply to post your own videos. It does have good features, but many do not know about them yet. Create an education blitz.

Nicole Garrett
February 12th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love the DVR option associated with this service. There's a good selection and the interface is great.

Bunney Schmidt
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT

I am an accounting professor and I love so many of the videos on you tube that I can send my students to so they can get extra help not to mention all of the other resources available on there for personal use.

Riley Smith
February 12th, 2019 American Fork, UT

YouTube has let me watch a ton of football highlights, the only thing I don’t like about it is the amount of advertisements I have to watch.

Anika Larson
February 12th, 2019

YouTube has been my go-to for anything from needing some motivation to follow my dreams to how to curl my hair. I use it almost daily! Love it!

Doug Fox
February 12th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT

I can't imagine a world without YouTube! Many is the day that I've slipped down the YouTube rabbit hole, going from one interesting thing to another, and constantly being sucked into new and intriguing directions. My biggest use for YouTube are the myriad music-related options. From songs to videos to live music performances that have been uploaded, there is always something great to be seen on YouTube. I can literally spend hours at a time going from one thing to the next.

James Larson
February 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

These days, it is impossible to use with an ad blocker, which is really annoying due to all the advertisements you are forced to see. I also don't agree with their censoring videos of content they deem offensive according to their interpretation of the First Amendment

Anthony
February 12th, 2019 Lindon, UT DETAILS

The best thing about YouTube is I can get my content out fast and reach a wide range of audience. Not to mention YouTube’s ability to be compatible with different platforms and medium, in this sense YouTube has never let me down.

Sophie
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT

Youtube provides a platform for many great creators. The creators are all amazing, but YouTube as a company has many problems. It’s algorithm doesn’t work fantastically and they end up hurting their creators more than helping them.

Myah Smith
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I go to youtube for pretty much everything. When I need a new hairstyle, new nail art, learn how to draw something. It has been super useful and I love youtube!

Mandi Smith
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I think YouTube is great because I can always find what I am looking for. I can watch anything, anytime. I always get to watch great videos and I am always entertained. Youtube allows me to watch so many different varieties of videos. It does not only allow me to watch videos, it allows me to listen to all different kinds of music.

Charisse Miller
February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT

It’s easy to stream new relatable content. I feel up to date when I can watch content that uploaded just earlier that day. Very easy and good product

Cecilia
February 11th, 2019 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

YouTube is one of my favorite apps, if I miss anything on TV like music videos, sports I can always count on YouTube to update me!

Krysten
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT

Great app for learning things and getting more information about anything that might interest you.

Jaicee Roden
February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT

Youtube has been extremely helpful as I have tried to teach my class about The Great Gatsby. There are a number of book summaries available by each chapter, and it really helps my students visualize and understand the content.

JAKE
February 8th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I have watched You Tube for a very long time. They were the leader in streaming content so its been fun to watch the evolution of their company. Like how there is so much different content available. My kids like it to look up fun things about games that they are playing.

Zack
February 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

Who doesn't love YouTube. If you ever need a quick video to watch on the go, its easy to quickly log in and stream your favorite vlog or show.

Brody B
February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I like YouTube's streaming service but not as much as other providers. It is a good option to have as a secondary streaming service but not more than that. Original content is lacking and it just feels like any old Youtube video. I would recommend looking somewhere else.

Erikka N
February 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I like you tube and I do think there is some good to the website. I think it is too easy though to be redirected to inappropriate content. Kids can end up on something very inappropriate within a few accidental clicks. I also don't like how almost every channel spends so much time always talking about subscribing and liking their videos. I know that is a personal preference but it just is annoying that its all about likes every single video.

Rochelle Thompson
February 6th, 2019 South Jordan, UT

I can find just about anything on YouTube. I have learned how to make a camping shower, fixing appliances, viewing music videos and cooking. Such a helpful tool for so many things!!

Mackenzie Taylor
February 6th, 2019 Portland, OR

Used to really enjoy you tube, but now there are a lot of useless videos being posted that I've moved away from it.

Miguel Figueroa
February 6th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

YouTube it. ‘Nuff said. The only negative thing that I can think to say about YouTube is that it can be a little hard on content creators sometimes, but being on the consuming end is great! You can always find what you’re looking for, if its ever been on the internet, someone’s posted it on YouTube.

Ann Bailey
February 6th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Thank you YOU-TUBE! I love being able to ask siri to bring up a music video, and like that, you deliver. I love that it is free also. I also love to watch instructional videos on sewing.

Tim Berrett
February 5th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

The free version of YouTube is fine for entertainment, a massive amount of advertisement and bias filtering. We paid for the original content and streaming service and that only lasted a couple of months before we cancelled that service. YouTube has a lot of work to do to get on the same level with content offerings that their competitors are providing.

Lucas
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT

I’ve watched YouTube since it’s inception. I hate their trending content. It’s all their favorite YouTuber content.

August Moulton
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT

I love YouTube for the ability to locate content in anything I am interested but in. I have been disappointed by the lack of parental controls for pop-ups even while watching kid friendly videos.

Lauren Jorgensen
February 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I use YouTube all the time. I know If I'm cooking, working on a house project, or doing my hair there is a great tutorial on YouTube. Its the only place I go to look up a video.

kelsey
February 5th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

its the most used app and computer site out there. YouTube has launch many careers who are now celebrities. So many vines and memes that are hilarious and im glad there is a place we can put those videos but i think we need to add a filter on it to make it safer.

Alicia
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT

YouTube is great for streaming and I always get good quality video when I’m on YouTube.

Keri Christensen
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT

I have really enjoyed you tube. I use it mostly to look up music videos and to entertain my children. The only thing that I struggle with is how much screen time my children spend on you tube.