YouTube Logo

7.8

LAST UPDATED: September 27th, 2022
Owned by Google, YouTube is one of the largest video streaming platforms available online. With millions of views racking up every day, YouTube's platform has a little bit of everything for all interests and genres. Ranging from short viral videos and local channels to clips of a series you've been struggling to find, YouTube has access to channels all over the world through its streaming tv services. Stream any show, movie, or video you want and enjoy live tv. YouTube even has youtube music to enjoy and stream all sorts of music from your mobile device.

Anyone can create a video and upload it to YouTube today and could be seen by millions of viewers tomorrow using the video streaming services for all sorts of original content. Subscribers can even buy or rent some of the newest movies and TV shows for live tv streaming. Use multiple devices to watch your favorite subscription, premium channels, and cable channels. All you need is an account, device, wi-fi network, and you can watch tv, channels, and subscription from anywhere! With mulitple streaming tv services to choose from, you can easily find all of the top subscription you love using YouTube. You can also search for all sorts of original content to satisfy whatever watching situation you are in.

Netflix Logo
#1 Netflix chevron_right
Amazon Prime Logo
#3 Amazon Prime chevron_right
Hulu Plus Logo
#4 Hulu Plus chevron_right

The Good

• Unique content
  • Device compatibility
  • Affordable pricing

Millions of YouTube Videos

Users can watch literally millions of easy "how-to" videos, music videos, commercials, and so much more for educational or entertainment purposes. With the freedom to post and view, find all of your live streaming needs with a simple search. You can even pay for movies like star trek or a handmaid's tale on YouTube to continue to watch all of your favorite movies and tv networks.

Compatible on All Devices

Because YouTube is a website, it can be accessed on any device. YouTube's streaming services are compatible with all devices, whether you are on Android or Apple. With great customer service, you can also easily type in questions and get an immediate response back regarding all of your subscription and streaming tv services needs.

Ad Free Viewing

Due to movies having to be purchased or rented, users are able to watch rented or purchased movies and TV episodes on YouTube ad free. This makes your experience more enjoyable not just on mobile devices, but also on channels, cable, and on-demand service.

Competitive Pricing

YouTube offers rentals starting at $1.99 per TV episode, which is competitive for the streaming TV industry. Looking at top competitors prices like cable tv, netflix, vudu, prime video, pluto tv, and other streaming services, you can find all sorts of great deals and find all of the shows, movies, and video you love and enjoy.

Overall, YouTube is extremely well known for their viral videos and commercials, but now YouTube provides even more value by allowing users to rent or purchase movies and TV shows. Users are able to watch rentals or purchased media on any device, as YouTube is accessible from all devices. In addition, users can watch for an affordable price per rental/purchase and watch ad free.

The Bad

• Rental limitations
  • HD not available on web browsers
  • No parental controls

72 Hours to Finish Watching

Users have 30 days to watch and 72 hours to finish watching rented movies once they have started. This may be a disadvantage to users who are trying to watch a movie that is quite long. You also dont own the movies or video you rent which can be a bummer if you want to watch it again and again.

HD Version Not Available on Web Browsers

HD versions of movies and TV shows cannot be viewed within a web browser on YouTube. However, most streaming devices allow for HD viewing, such as Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc. Be sure to check compatibility on your mobile devices to ensure the most optimal viewing standards so you can enjoy your live tv streaming and video streaming.

No Parental Controls

Currently, YouTube does not have parental controls for their movie streaming services. YouTube has many great features to their services, but it is good to note the few drawbacks we found. The main drawback to YouTube's streaming TV services is that HD isn't available through web browsers, only through streaming devices such as the Chromecast or Roku. Also, parents don't have filtering control if they are going to watch a movie with their children. This is an important family feature that is not available on YouTube. You can install an app that helps to enable stricter viewing standards to keep your family safe, but be aware of what premium channels, live streaming, and cable channels can present on live tv streaming. View Top Rated Companies

The Bottom Line

YouTube is another great source to supplement streaming TV and movie needs. Users will find a variety of different rental and purchase prices depending on the release date and popularity of the movie or TV show. And don't expect to find favorite movies, or TV series, in the free content. Users will most likely have to pay for full movies or TV shows they are looking for on YouTube. However, if you're looking for free and interesting content, YouTube has got you covered. With millions of new videos uploaded by users every day, you're bound to find something completely unique. Don't expect many videos longer than ten minutes, but have fun following viral videos and trending content on the most widely used video streaming service today. Overall, we recommend reviewing the top rated companies before making a final decision.

Antonio Gutierrez San Antonio, TX

Great stream service. always in the know, and if your curious this is the service at your finger tips you want! Movies galore no skipping, excellent! you have to have it. Price is not bad with the inflation...

b. ellena Kansas City, MO

I can't believe I'm saying this, but YouTube has been the sole reason I no longer have cable television. I never in a million years thought that what was once looked at as a platform to hear just gossip could have morphed into a full fledged platform to receive all kinds of valuable information, keep up to date with relevant current events, and watch all of the cooking shows and true crime you can dream of! My favorite platform by far!!!

Who Knows Baltimore, MD

YouTube streaming services are great. I spend the majority of my free time streaming tv through YouTube. I personally like that they keep up with all the newest movie titles. Their customer service team is the best. Customer service is always willing to correct any problem you encounter as fast as possible. I would highly recommend

N C FL

I love YouTube. Justin Bieber first started on YouTube and Jenna Marbles. I like watching streamers on YouTube and listening to YouTube music. YouTube has everything!

Walter Mruk Providence, RI

YouTube it's more than number one, it's the best! and it's become part of our life if you use the internet, I know I look up a lot of things on the internet and it seems to finish with YouTube. And it's makes it better when you can watch it! Let's go YouTube!

JR Parrish Lexington, NC

Have been on youtube watching vids for as long as time itself,b4 the dawn of dinosaurs. Maybe even when the big bang happened.lol. Never have had a problem with it. I just watch videos on it tho I dont create. And love how it has stayed the same over the years.

Tomas Tovias El Paso, TX

I enjoy the availability of video's like DYI projects and new and entertainment, content loads quickly. Easy to use and informative,

MY Woodmere, NY

My family constantly makes fun that i should get a diploma from youtube, most of my education has come from it. and who hasnt binged watched A-Z. Its content us always being updated and its almost never down. Plus as a video storage for my self its inviable.

Dan Woodland Park, CO

I love you tube! It helps me with any subject interested in. Car repair videos, music videos, antique clocks repairs, How to videos on beginner guitar lessons, music theory, electrical troubleshooting or anything I can think of. It's on there. You Tube is Awesome!

Angel Palacios Seattle, WA

YouTube has so much to offer from watching videos on just about anything you can think of like how to change your vehicle tire or upload a video into your YouTube account/channel create your playlist to watch later videos YouTube

Robert Mott Bellevue, MI

I like the educational videos on gardening. Easy to use on my Roku TV.

1 day ago

Carlito Wayz New York, NY

My experience is great with the service given with youtube. Youtube has served very great and beneficial in many ways such as therapy when I am down,bored,or in search of excitement. Also Youtube has so many topics in its search section. The quality is amazing from its part. I totally recommend Youtube to any to have on their devices downloaded. A youtube member: ANDY D

Laverne Williams Columbus, OH

Everybody loves you too you can go to YouTube to find out how to do anything so I recommend it to anybody

Sathvik Aithala Portland, OR

Great content across a broad range of topics. Especially good for learning new things and saving yourself some money on home improvement projects!

April Simpson Charlotte, NC

I don't have cable TV anymore so I watch all of my news, ASMR, cooking, music videos, how to videos etc on YouTube. Best thing it is all free.

Nicole Kilburn Las Vegas, NV

I use YouTube on a daily basis. I love it because it keeps me up to date on everything from news thats real, to ufc press conferences. I love you tube!

Precious H. Red Oak, TX

I love YouTube TV streaming services. It is sufficient for my television watching needs. The only thing that I do not like is not being able to go directly to channels. I have to scroll through the entire menu. I know that you can save channels to your favorites but I think it would be better to have an option to go to channels without doing that.

Kalita Gunter Baltimore, MD

YouTube is very informative about everything going on in the world. They help you with any issue or problem you may have. They also take the necessary steps to show you how to do anything step by step no matter what it is. The community of YouTube is like family.

Paula Pili Provo, UT

I love YouTube It’s easy to access in the car at home on your phone There is such vast variety of things to watch Spiritual uplift, diy, personal events Everything is uploaded to YouTube it feels like. My easy listening to Sunday sounds to “ how to crochet a beanie “ I watch YouTube daily actually and it’s free! ;) with so much possibilities and potential to make money as well.

BFK

After being dissatisfied with Dish Network we finally settled on YouTubeTV. The cost was better than others and they had the content our family wanted. Another great feature was that each of our children could have their own account under our account.

adrian avram Tampa, FL

good content and great diversity except too much adds that disturb the content

Christine Barnhart IA

Love this app, absolutely amazing the variety of songs and options you have to chose from. I recommend this to anyone

Eid Rehmat Collierville, TN

You tube is one of the best educational informational and entertaining service available to use for everyone

atirche B Shawnee, OK

I use You Tube daily all day everyday. you can't get any better and it's very easy to find anything your looking for. they are amazing

SAMANTHA EDWARDS TX

YouTube is an absolute great company. They are always coming in with new videos. I would recommend them to anyone on any day.

Bridget Walker Bay Saint Louis, MS

I stream all my favorite shows on YouTube TV. It has all your new and trending movies and tv shows. You cant go wrong with YouTube Tv and it is so affordable.

Gia Regina Waco, TX

I’m on YouTube every day. I have 12 subscriptions to my favorite channels. I also post my own video content on YouTube. YouTube is also a great news source. I also love the recipe channels and like-minded views in a world in which alternative, made up, realities exist.

Naturally Amari Memphis, TN

I like to watch many things on YouTube . From how to cook ,, to just seeing other peoples life and learning how people do things differently from me and it just helps me improve the things I do and YouTube just gives a variety of things like that

Keerthana Manivannan Santa Clara, CA

Great service! SO many good content out there in YouTube. Literally, I YouTube every single thing. Flat tire? There's a YouTube video to teach how to change tires. Want to cook Biriyani? There's a YouTube video for that. Preparing for Interviews? YouTube video. Honestly, I won't know what I would do without YouTube. And there is no other famous alternative for YouTube. I do pay for YouTube premium for less noise.

Mario Martin Montgomery, TX

I've used my "YouTube" app often for just about any and everything. In fact, it's kinda my go-to app for great content videos. Recently, I experienced some problems with my cable tv provider and signed up for YouTube Tv and was pleasantly surprised by the entertainment value provided. What really "blew me away" was the movie selection and the quality. I think I've found my new tv viewing choice!

L Hill Chicago, IL

Amazing content YouTube has, storing your favorite videos is easy. I like how it's open to anyone to try to have a channel if they want. It is unique fun platform of creative expression. The ads on the free version are very annoying and intrusive. The ads are squeezed in any and every possible way like if you pause a video for too long then you want to re start where you left off an all of a sudden you are stuck watching an ad. That is one of the things that is a huge turn off.

Anoushka Ahuja Tallahassee, FL

I love YouTube and was a premium subscriber for a bit but I realized that I wasn’t using it much so I disconnected the service. However, they do have great Youtube originals which are very interesting to watch. I wish I used it more but I still recommend it.

Aubrey Dallas, TX

I use the youtube movie streaming service daily, I like how everything is all in one place and most of the platform is free to use. YouTube is more user friendly than any video sharing site i've used and there's obviously good reason it's as popular as it is.

Peter

No issues. The programming is what my family and I watch. The extra movies they allow you to watch later are great. If I wanted to record missed episodes feature is great and being able to do it from my cell phone is great. Only issue is the cost.

Kmzokie Tulsa, OK

They offer a great assortment of music I have no complaints all though I’ve never been a paying customer.

Rafet Afnan Mymensingh, 34

YouTube is one of the best online streaming software. YouTube offers you a thousand varieties of videos on every aspect of your day-to-day life. If you want to learn something new peep into YouTube, You need to assist in homework YouTube is for you! You need a new dish to try a search on YouTube! Thousands of movies, shows, talk shows, Ted talk, Educational shows, music, everything is available on YouTube. The subscription charges are much lower considering its wide variation of collections and benefits. One more thing, You can monitor and restrict your underage children from adult content on YouTube.

Sandi Westover Fremont, CA

We currently are not paying for television service, no satellite or cable TV. So we have just been using free YouTube to get current news and sports. My husband misses his ESPN but after a game he watches the highlights on YouTube. It's great! He watches a whole basketball game in no time. They just show the baskets being made so you don't see all the dribbling back and forth. I love it! He does miss ESPN but we're saving $70 a month. We also look up news events and anything else we're interested in. At some point we'll probably get some type of TV service, he does enjoy watching the whole game. But YouTube is a great resource and the best part is that it's free.

Rakim Carpenter Tulsa, OK

Who does not use youtube for whatever reason great resource for information entertainment as well as news

Ray Stewart Los Angeles, CA

YouTube pretty much is the same as Netflix to be again the same thing is kind of over and over and over except YouTube of course has people that can just download anything they want so that's what makes it very interesting but again commercials are killed it having to buy things that have killed it quite a bit but still better than Netflix

Crystal Connell Denver, CO

I truly am grateful for YouTube because I’m able to watch all of my spiritual school classes again and again and the search is easy

sasha robinson Fort Wayne, IN

I love YouTube and so do my kids. To search things to watch is easy access too. The thing I like the most is you can create an account and save what you have watched.

scotty Saint Paul, MN

I will never give a tv streaming app five stars from me however YouTube does a pretty good job. it's now taken over as my main TV provider. I still have Xfinity but I use YouTube on top of it and using YouTube more. It's got a wide range of shows It's easier navigation It's also better on the advertisements. They are starting to play a few more but you can still skip through them. If You don't have a recorder box to fast forward through its a big help.

HO1 Charles Town, WV

I use other streaming services too, but what I really like about YouTube most is that you can find movies that are not available on any of the other streaming services, and at reasonable costs. They have some really great concerts like the 25th Anniversary of Les Miserables in London.

Mary Daniels Westland, MI

YouTube is a great way to utilize resources! Helpful information and quick tutorials to learn how to repair or execute a DIY! It’s a great platform for your voice to be heard or ideas shared with others.

Kenneth Brooks Newburgh, IN

I like the level of control youtube gives in sharing your content. I dislike that youtube will sometimes restrict your content on videos, even if you give credit to artists or use just a snippet of the artists content.

Justin C Eden, UT

Excellent service! I have tried others and YouTube TV is one of my top favorites. The platform is easy to navigate and has many user friendly features. A must for TV lovers looking to cut the cable!

Chad Edgar Halifax, VA

I love you too but I use it every single day I learned so many different things I think I learned more off YouTube than I have school I think I enjoyed it even more as well learning off YouTube

Brynlee Dalton Herriman, UT

I love YouTube SO much! My favorite pastime is sitting on my bed, watching videos on YouTube. There are so many different ones, and I'm positive there is something for everyone! YouTube is amazing!

Brynlee Dalton Riverton, UT

Oh my goodness! YouTube is SOOOOO amazing! It has a huge variety of videos, so everyone can find exactly what they're looking for. My absolute favorite pass time is watching Youtube videos. It is such a great company!

Teri Kohl

For the most part positive. It is the only streaming site that works well with my poor internet service. There is a very good varity of programs. And it appears that there is not too much censorship.