YouTube Logo

7.9

LAST UPDATED: July 10th, 2024
Owned by Google, YouTube is one of the largest video streaming platforms available online. With millions of views racking up every day, YouTube's platform has a little bit of everything for all interests and genres. Ranging from short viral videos and local channels to clips of a series you've been struggling to find, YouTube has access to channels all over the world through its streaming tv services. Stream any show, movie, or video you want and enjoy live tv. YouTube even has youtube music to enjoy and stream all sorts of music from your mobile device.

Anyone can create a video and upload it to YouTube today and could be seen by millions of viewers tomorrow using the video streaming services for all sorts of original content. Subscribers can even buy or rent some of the newest movies and TV shows for live tv streaming. Use multiple devices to watch your favorite subscription, premium channels, and cable channels. All you need is an account, device, wi-fi network, and you can watch tv, channels, and subscription from anywhere! With mulitple streaming tv services to choose from, you can easily find all of the top subscription you love using YouTube. You can also search for all sorts of original content to satisfy whatever watching situation you are in.

The Good

• Unique content
  • Device compatibility
  • Affordable pricing

Millions of YouTube Videos

Users can watch literally millions of easy "how-to" videos, music videos, commercials, and so much more for educational or entertainment purposes. With the freedom to post and view, find all of your live streaming needs with a simple search. You can even pay for movies like star trek or a handmaid's tale on YouTube to continue to watch all of your favorite movies and tv networks.

Compatible on All Devices

Because YouTube is a website, it can be accessed on any device. YouTube's streaming services are compatible with all devices, whether you are on Android or Apple. With great customer service, you can also easily type in questions and get an immediate response back regarding all of your subscription and streaming tv services needs.

Ad Free Viewing

Due to movies having to be purchased or rented, users are able to watch rented or purchased movies and TV episodes on YouTube ad free. This makes your experience more enjoyable not just on mobile devices, but also on channels, cable, and on-demand service.

Competitive Pricing

YouTube offers rentals starting at $1.99 per TV episode, which is competitive for the streaming TV industry. Looking at top competitors prices like cable tv, netflix, vudu, prime video, pluto tv, and other streaming services, you can find all sorts of great deals and find all of the shows, movies, and video you love and enjoy.

Overall, YouTube is extremely well known for their viral videos and commercials, but now YouTube provides even more value by allowing users to rent or purchase movies and TV shows. Users are able to watch rentals or purchased media on any device, as YouTube is accessible from all devices. In addition, users can watch for an affordable price per rental/purchase and watch ad free.

The Bad

• Rental limitations
  • HD not available on web browsers
  • No parental controls

72 Hours to Finish Watching

Users have 30 days to watch and 72 hours to finish watching rented movies once they have started. This may be a disadvantage to users who are trying to watch a movie that is quite long. You also dont own the movies or video you rent which can be a bummer if you want to watch it again and again.

HD Version Not Available on Web Browsers

HD versions of movies and TV shows cannot be viewed within a web browser on YouTube. However, most streaming devices allow for HD viewing, such as Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc. Be sure to check compatibility on your mobile devices to ensure the most optimal viewing standards so you can enjoy your live tv streaming and video streaming.

No Parental Controls

Currently, YouTube does not have parental controls for their movie streaming services. YouTube has many great features to their services, but it is good to note the few drawbacks we found. The main drawback to YouTube's streaming TV services is that HD isn't available through web browsers, only through streaming devices such as the Chromecast or Roku. Also, parents don't have filtering control if they are going to watch a movie with their children. This is an important family feature that is not available on YouTube. You can install an app that helps to enable stricter viewing standards to keep your family safe, but be aware of what premium channels, live streaming, and cable channels can present on live tv streaming. View Top Rated Companies

The Bottom Line

YouTube is another great source to supplement streaming TV and movie needs. Users will find a variety of different rental and purchase prices depending on the release date and popularity of the movie or TV show. And don't expect to find favorite movies, or TV series, in the free content. Users will most likely have to pay for full movies or TV shows they are looking for on YouTube. However, if you're looking for free and interesting content, YouTube has got you covered. With millions of new videos uploaded by users every day, you're bound to find something completely unique. Don't expect many videos longer than ten minutes, but have fun following viral videos and trending content on the most widely used video streaming service today. Overall, we recommend reviewing the top rated companies before making a final decision.

Jeff

Great content. I enjoy all the videos. YouTube allows all avenues and does not remove videos if not the opinion of all. YouTube allows both sides of political opinion.

Devan yadav

Youtube provides all types of videos at one place. I used to watch cartoons in the childhood and later on i have learn many coding from online youtube tutors which has helped me in my learning phrase .youtube also gives many recommendations to motivational videos to me which has helped me in motivating myself.

McDonald

YouTube is an incredible online platform that provides a vast array of knowledge to its users. It also allows content creators to monetize their content and share information with others. I have been an avid user of YouTube for a long time now. It is so valuable to me and my household that I cannot even remember a time when it did not exist. For those who are much younger, it may be hard to believe. Overall, I give YouTube 10 stars for its reliability as a source of entertainment and inspiration.

Daniella

The premium features on YouTube are the reason I adore it. Although it's a bit pricey, I think it's reasonable given the ad-free streaming and the fact that they provide video answers to my pressing queries.

NoUser

who doesn't use youtube? i love youtube because of their premium feature. It's kind of expensive but I feel it's kinda fair for the ad-less streaming. what I don't like about youtube is that, their service becomes very unfair and start suggesting you content opposite to your political ideology. i think streaming media should be unbiased. i will give it 5 stars, if they become apolitical.

Alex

YouTube has become an important part of my daily routine, offering an Interesting and latest movie, educative, live sport in which i love the most and also streaming music videos for free. Been able to download movies to stream later also make me love YouTube. It's an fantastic platform.

Thomas mary

YouTube is a very good platform to download your movies, short videos and many more. I paid for premium on my YouTube account and it is very good. I'm planning on becoming a gaming content creator and I recommend y'all to try YouTube.

Funbi Atokose

One of the things I love about the YouTube app is the ability to create and customize playlists. It's a great way to organize your favorite videos and easily access them whenever you want. Plus, the app offers a seamless and endless streaming experience, with high-quality video playback and minimal buffering or video glitches. Another cool feature of the YouTube app is the option to save videos for offline viewing. This is perfect for when you're on the go and don't have access to Wi-Fi. Just download your favorite videos beforehand and enjoy them later without worrying about data usage.

Stephanie Bloniarz

We love YouTube and YouTube TV! It's great, affordable, entertaining TV shows and movies! We find ourselves over indulging in some terrific original series/movies, news and local station shows and oldies but goodies. YouTube provides endless entertainment of videos of "how to" and a fun way to store our home movies. Thank you for ALWAYS giving us great shows and videos to watch at an afforable price! Highly recommend! A+++++

3 months ago Edited March 25, 2024

derin Williams

good app has a wide range of videos to choose from that helps with your everyday activity or just entertainment a must have.

Kyla Lisa

YouTube is the best i love how i can easily watch comics videos on YouTube what I like most is the way I can mark my favorites videos on their platform

Hank Ricardo

YouTube is and always will be king on viral videos , channels etc. Now their streaming services are up there as well. Lots of great shows only on YouTube. I will always be a YouTuber.

Bale deon

I like YouTube cos I used for learning and to stream comedy skits very reliable and very easy to use and the way I can download a video and watch it later without internet connection

Adalberto Rodriguez

My go to app to listen to music when I’m getting ready for work or getting ready for bed. No matter what the task at hand, YouTube has a video on how to do it. Thank you YouTube for the cooking classes!

Lore Lawrence

I've been using YouTube for years and it's completely transformed the way I learn, relax, and discover new things From cooking tutorials to meditation sessions, there's always something for me and my family

2 months ago Edited May 2, 2024

Shiroi

I have been using this app on my dad's phone when I was a kid before getting mine. First, to what I like about this app, is the download speed being acceptable, the fact that I can suscribe to certain notifications and that it suggests good reels on my home page. Now what I don't like is that I can't share my downloads outside the app and I can't find the 'download' button and subtitles on some videos but aside that, nothing else.

Kyla lisa

I like YouTube so much through their platform I have gained a lot from their advertisements and they got every historical movies and shows I like the way I can save and watch movies later on YouTube

Annie Hickey

I love the fact that you can subscribe to a specific channel so you can follow specific people. I have a YouTube channel. I don't use it nearly as much as other people do but I love that all my stuff is in one place. I am a true crime fan so I follow certain defense channels. My favorite of course is The Lawyer You Know

Nuel

I love YouTube so much, i go there mostly for a lot of tech research videos and latest technological releases and i love to follow CES from there, i love the fact that despite so much information that i all there at least we are all getting it for free

Dickson Joshua

I love the app, only issues I have is the recent change to where the full screen button is on the top left, at first I thought my phone wasn't working properly. Please put it back on the bottom right where it was or make a option to change it's layout in the settings. The change is like it was made by a left handed person, I'm right handed and i find it more convenient on the bottom right it feels more natural. Keep into consideration your full customer base not just half. That's why I rated it 4 star. Thank you

3 months ago Edited April 1, 2024

daniel johnben

YouTube is an incredible platform for watching and sharing videos! 📺🎥 It has a vast library of content, ranging from music videos and vlogs to educational tutorials and funny clips. The best part is that anyone can create and upload their own videos, allowing for a diverse and creative community. However, one downside is that sometimes you might come across low-quality or misleading content. Overall, YouTube is a great source of entertainment and information, as long as you're mindful of the content you consume.

Youngboy Hillsboro, OR

Hi🖐️ am Roy, and I want to share with you my review on YouTube after 2years of been a member. "YouTube is a digital treasure trove of creativity and information that continues to impress me. The platform's vast array of content spans every imaginable topic, from educational tutorials to entertaining vlogs and thought-provoking documentaries. What sets YouTube apart is its accessibility — it's a democratic space where creators from all walks of life can share their stories and expertise. The user-friendly interface makes it easy to discover new content, and the recommendation algorithm consistently introduces me to videos aligned with my interests. The diverse community on YouTube is a testament to the platform's ability to connect people globally. I've had the pleasure of discovering channels that offer unique perspectives and insights, expanding my horizons in ways I hadn't anticipated. YouTube's commitment to innovation is evident in features like live streaming, premieres, and VR content, keeping the platform at the forefront of digital entertainment. The ability to engage with creators through comments and likes fosters a sense of community that enhances the overall viewing experience. Whether I'm seeking to learn something new, unwind with entertaining content, or stay updated on current events, YouTube is my go-to destination. It has truly redefined the way we consume and share content, and I'm grateful for the enriching experiences it continues to provide. Kudos to YouTube for being a trailblazer in the world of online video!"

6 months ago Edited December 18, 2023

mary martin Bossier City, LA

I stay on youtube! There are so many different subjects you can find and watch videos or informational videos on this service! If I want to watch a video on how to fix my car I can go to YouTube and almost certainly find the way to do it correctly with the first few results that come up when I search what I am looking for! Also I love watching video compilations of abandoned places etc and YouTube offers this for free! Yes you will have to deal with ads if you choose not to purchase YouTube TV but I have not purchased it and I just let the ad play because after a few seconds it allows you to skip most ads and get to your content which is very desirable! Highly recommend YouTube to anyone!

Stones

I can say YouTube is the best company keeper because when am tired I just logged in to YouTube and my mood come lively again And whenever I need to know about something new, YouTube is the best app ever in that aspect

Blessing

YouTube offers me an extensive range of content, including educational videos, entertainment, tutorials, and more, catering to diverse interests. YouTube help me to express my emotions

Ayomide

Youtube is the best platform that i use for all my binge-watching, so many different shows to watch all day. the platform is unparalleled. but the no of ads during the video playtime can be too much at times, but generally speaking, the platform is great

Michael sullivan

Fantastic platform for videos, movies, live sporting events and even music! Currently I have YT Premium to get rid of ads and with options like Youtube TV and Youtube Premium you can find everything you're looking for.

Cardwell Sarah

YouTube is one of the best apps have ever seen they are very good and very interesting . A streaming service offering a wide variety of award winning shows, movies, anime documentaries etc. The service distributes original and acquired films and television shows from various genres and it is available internationally in multiple language

4 months ago Edited March 27, 2024

Janessa P Logan, UT

So far so good! I love to do biking workouts and follow along on YouTube. It has always been good quality and a great streaming service for me. I also enjoy other features of YouTube like how they have almost any how-to video tutorial you could think of.

MC Swift

Great place to find information, DYI videos, recipes, and many other topic on youtube, it gives a place for people to express themselves to share their knowledge with others connect with like minded people this is a great service to have and it is way better to pay the subscription so you don't have to deal with all those pesky ads!

Susan Reyna Harrisburg, PA

My son had Netflix n I used his account. He canceled it, which was fine with me. I love watching you tube. I actually watch my church services on there. I watch my hallmark movies on it, DIY channels, gardening n homesteading on YouTube. I love the variety. I feel like I really don’t need Netflix, so I am fine without it.

George 97 North Bergen, NJ

YouTube enables me stream music from my favorite artists. I also have access to a number of tutorial videos on different topics. I can also stream live TV programs and shows all free of charge. YouTube's viewer ratings help me control what my children watch.

David Los Angeles, CA

Brilliant platform to experience all different kinds of content from all different types of creators. The ads can become annoying but you can count this by downloading and add blocker. I have grown up with YouTube and its content and admire the entertainment It gives us all. However, I can be critical about the way YouTube employees act and do certain things when it comes to the viewers

BFK

After being dissatisfied with Dish Network we finally settled on YouTubeTV. The cost was better than others and they had the content our family wanted. Another great feature was that each of our children could have their own account under our account.

wandera joshua

YouTube is very easy to setup and it's free of charge, i only need internet connection to streamline online,

Caroline Dulin

Variety of shows and movies are endless on here. I have nothing negative to stay about this platform:)

Perpetual jane

I love YouTube because I am able to stream my favorite videos, watch movies and also music video. The platform is amazing.

Newton Jude

What I like about YouTube is the place I used to streaming cultural videos and educational videos YouTube contents is very good and helpful for me and my kids

3 months ago Edited April 8, 2024

Foden Sil

I like the interface of YouTube app and the ease of finding and searching any videos that I wanted to watch and I like the way YouTube are saving recent watched videos

Ella

I can say this is the best website for creating video and learning something and earning online. I go there anytime I need to find out about something new

Francis Adesuyi

YouTube is slightly good streaming tv they need to work on their ads I have difficulties in saving my downloaded videos and it’s affecting because am a business man I need to watch some video about my project and save them but it won’t allow me everything is kinda awkward

3 months ago Edited March 29, 2024

Dutch

I can say this is the best website for learning something and for creating video and earning online. Because I go there anytime i need to know about something new

3 months ago Edited March 27, 2024

Tony Blessing Ashburn, VA

I like how I can stream live events on YouTube their notification is top notch I can save a video on my YouTube library and watch them later their app is working flawlessly without any problem

Phill Pomona, CA

i love YouTube! I watch so many Youtubers from video game reviews to repairs of old cars, to step by step instructions of how to replace a car headlight. Very useful for practically everything!

Jnr Temz Los Angeles, CA

YouTube is a video sharing and streaming platform. YouTube Make us share our thoughts easily on restaurants, games, movies, and whatever else you're passionate about. I also have a YouTube channel which pay me.

Crystallee Nunez Brooklyn, NY

I like the fact that on YouTube it is easy to describe to different kinds of shows and podcasts that you like and that they also recommend things that are actually close to what you like

Peter

No issues. The programming is what my family and I watch. The extra movies they allow you to watch later are great. If I wanted to record missed episodes feature is great and being able to do it from my cell phone is great. Only issue is the cost.

Reem Haddad Houston, TX

I used to have a YouTube channel where I used to make videos and I will say I enjoyed every bit of it. Lately, I have been watching a lot of podcasts of people sharing their amazing testimonials and I am glad YouTube gives people a safe place to share their lives. They also filter bad content and language and don’t condone bullying and hate, which I love!

Christian Nakamura Secaucus, NJ

What a great resource for anything and everything! I call myself a "YouTube mechanic" because every time I need to fix a car, I can find instructions on the site. That's not to say I only use it for cars! I watch gaming videos, reviews of products, movie previews, and tons of other things. It's one of the great inventions of the modern world, in my opinion.

Deborah Dyer Hendersonville, TN

What can I say about YouTube other than it’s the channel I always go to whenever I need help or knowledge in anything. There is NO better station one can visit that shows them how to do anything from changing out a certain quirky lightbulb, to learning how to knit, (which is how I learned to knit my first pot holder and many more advanced items). All of our family watches this station everyday. We not only use it to learn from, but to see the interesting, comical, and unusual videos people from all over post on it. My husband who is usually a pretty good handyman was gone several days when our bathroom faucet started leaking quite a bit. Not only was I able to learn how to turn off the water, but how to remove the faucet, and understand it was a washer in the left handle that needed replacing. So I went to Walmart, taking the old washer and bought the new one, came home replaced it, & put the faucet back together and water back on. I gave myself. BIG Pat on the back and my husband was quite impressed upon returning home☺️