Netflix Logo

9.3

LAST UPDATED: November 22nd, 2021

Netflix is a streaming giant and a leader in TV and video streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. It offers a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items. Netflix is continuing to expand its library of award winning original content.

Amazon Prime Logo
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
YouTube Logo
#3 YouTube chevron_right
Hulu Plus Logo
#4 Hulu Plus chevron_right

The Good

• Large Viewing Selection
  • Affordable Price
  • Easy of Use

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers. Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time. Netflix's original series (such as "Orange is the New Black", "Stranger Things", "Black Mirror", "House of Cards", or "Bojack Horseman") attract even more customers to choose Netflix as their streaming platform. Netflix tends to upload an entire season of a show at once instead of episode by episode. This is attractive for those who would prefer to binge-watch instead of waiting between episodes.

Affordable Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices. As of May 2019, its most basic monthly price is $8.99. Netflix also offers standard, premium, and family packages. These packages, which cost a few more dollars a month, provide better streaming quality and the availability to stream on multiple screens at once. This is great for families or friends who would like to share their account between multiple people.

Netflix also offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Easy of Use

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched. A user can search for something to watch by title or genre. The interface is extremely user-friendly and intuitive.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Long Waiting Periods

When a movie or TV show is released on traditional television or in the box office, it might take a month or up to a year to be available on Netflix. Netflix has have a lot of great features but it also has a few drawbacks to its services. Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows.

Content Changes

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream. Movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available. You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best. HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, but Ultra HD is only available on Premium. This higher viewing quality comes at a higher monthly price.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls. The main drawbacks are streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

For more information, check out the Netflix reviews from real customers below. Netflix consistently receives high ratings from the people who use its service.

sunday toler Matthews, NC

I LOVE Netflix and so does my entire family. They have an awesome collection of TV shows, movies, documentaries to name a few. The price has increased but isn’t too high to date. The site is very user friendly and truly is my go-to entertainment on the daily. I love that I can watch from any device so no matter where I am I aways have something to watch. I would highly recommend. Streaming is the future. I would never pay for direct TV or companies like that when less expensive options are readily available.

Nashali Vescovacci Fort White, FL

I absolutely love this company. It is definitely worth the price. It is very easy to navigate and have a wide variety of TV show and movie selections. I also love that this company changes the selection options every few months to offer an even greater variety for its members.

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

Been with Netflix since the DVDs in the mail days & I continue to love the variety, selection & price. I have really enjoyed the new feature that lets us know when new content is coming up & lets you know when it drops!

Abigail Land Tallahassee, FL

Netflix keeps improving year after year. It is worth the money and its kid function are helpful to make sure your kids don't have access to anything inappropriate. Being able to download movies and shows for trips is great and the recommendations are usually spot on.

Kaylee Gay Columbia, MO

Netflix has so many options for different TV shows and movies. They also have almost all of the seasons for shows like Criminal Minds and Grey's Anatomy. I love that I can make a list of my favorite movies and shows to be in one spot! I love the variety of things Netflix has and for only a little bit a month.

carole abel Palm Coast, FL

i discovered netflix from my daughter in 2017 to watch stranger things. i really enjoy the variety of programs, especially cooking show. Somebody feed phil is awesome and i watch it over and over. The cost of the subsription is very low and is on my cable provider's list of streaming services so we can view it anywhere, anytime. Netflix is constantly updating its content so it has been great during Covid isolation.

Zariah Tallahassee, FL

Netflix has all great movies and shows at the tips of my fingers. I love the recommended for me feature as it provides all recommendations that I end up loving!

Ashley Nicole FL

Netflix has so many great original programs along with other great shows. The monthly payment is well worth it. I'm able to find new interesting things to watch daily.

bmc2z7 Columbia, MO

I love the amount of choices and the amount of different genres. There's always something I want to watch. The Netflix originals are almost always fanastic.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

I use Netflix daily to stream my television shows. They have an endless selection of all types of movies and series. I like that you are able to set up multiple profiles, so each family member can have their own. And I’m also able to control what my younger grandchildren are able to watch.

JJ Jenkins Phoenix, AZ

Netflix is a great streaming device for television shows and movies. It is a very good value for the price and you can share your membership with multiple family members. It saves money from not using cable and satellite television but it has as many or more options for viewing. We don’t even own a television, but we stream our favorite tv shoes and movies on our phones using Netflix.

KimDugan Kailua, HI

Netflix has stood the test of time by adding and growing streaming options. There are movies and TV shows new and old as well as Netflix originals that branch across the genres. I think of the streaming platforms, Netflix has the cleanest interface and most user-friendly format. Where Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus require a longer navigation to the search bar, Netflix search function is accessible from every row of shows/movies. The only downside to Netflix is it seems to have faster turnover rates for content - meaning that some streaming options are not available for as long (I assume due to licensing limitations, etc.) as other platforms, but it varies. I'm heartbroken when a lot of the options are pulled, but ultimately, I think of all of the streaming platforms, Netflix is the one that definitely will not go anywhere.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

As streaming becomes the main way to watch TV, Netflix is kind of where you start. Several hundred hours of quality shows await. Series, movies, documentaries, and stand up comedy concerts. I watched 2 seasons of Daredevil, 2 seasons of Luke Cage, 1 season each of Jessica Jones and Iron Fist just to watch the Defenders mini series. Then back to watch a 3rd season of Daredevil, 2nd and 3rd seasons of Jessica Jones and 1 more of Iron Fist. That is well over 100 hours of tv alone! Pricing seems low for the value. Never dealt with customer service because I have never had a problem in 8 years. Highly recommended.

Rafet Afnan Mymensingh, 34

Netflix is the latest software for streaming online. Netflix enables the window for unlimited collections of movies, series, web films, dramas, documentaries, etc. There are category-based dramas on Netflix. No advertisements. There are movies or series that you only find on Netflix no other elsewhere. Netflix is very budget-friendly. You have to subscribe yearly to enjoy unlimited resources of fun! Netflix is worth watching. I do not have any issues to dislike their service. Netflix is very convenient and they have super cool collection.

Doreen Mayenga Jersey City, NJ

Netflix has generated incredible streaming shows for the affordable monthly price that provides endless entertainment daily.

Richard Cunningham Hamilton, HC

I love this company - many awesome shows available at a great price. Constantly being updated too. Give it a try for great tv options!

Stacy Carter Red Cliff, CO

We've had good luck with Netflix. The selection is pretty good and I like the ease of the app. It's super easy to find the last show you were watching!

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

We use Netflix almost on a daily basis, I use it on my computer when I am away from home and everyone else uses it at home. There is plenty of selection for everyone from child to adults. I like the documentaries, my wife loves the drama series and movies. The value is just right for us and we recommend Netflix for anyone.

DealStar Salt Lake City, UT

I've been with Netflix since as far back as my memories can take me as far as digital options for viewing are concerned, and I will never not be a customer. With or without a pandemic to keep us all inside, Netflix has been my "go-to" for home entertainment. I find the subscription cost to be justified and content to be aligned with my interests. Netflix truly is a god-send, and is the industry standard for streaming.

Makayla Holland Gaithersburg, MD

I like Netflix because you can make your own account, the step is great, they show you shows and movie they recommend for you. And you can have favorite or you can scroll to pick categories of either the show or movies you want to watch. They have a kids section. I think it perfect for anybody no matter the age they have movies and shows for everyone. Also the monthly payment for Netflix is not bad at all.

Lisa C Johnson Catonsville, MD

Netflix has so many movies to watch that it is impossible to see them all. One negative is that sometimes before you have a chance to finish a movie with many series, it will disappear never to appear again. So its important to watch the series quickly in case they take it away. However, a positive is when you go away for vacation you could watch Netflix on tv where ever you are. We like Netflix but you can be overwhelmed by the amount of movies. I have never had a reason to call customer service.

Steven Shimmin

Great company, great monthly bill, easy to navigate the site and watch good movies

Christine Vrooman Troy, NY

Shame on you Netflix! How could you take advantage of faithful patrons who depend on your services to get through a pandemic. Really! Netflix undoubtedly profited during from this pandemic and increased members. Therefore, Netflix mind as well take advantage of the situation even more by increasing g rates? Have a heart and empathy towards your loyal patrons and new members. Have Netflix forgotten that we are in the middle of a pandemic? People are mostly unemployed, facing foreclosure, maintains home schooled children. “God” don’t like ugly! or greed! Most people resorted to becoming a Netflix member because it was meeting their financial budget. Not to mention keeping their children occupied with movies without added expense. . What a betrayal for those joining Netflix during a pandemic. The public mind as well joined their local cable service or shopped online for DVD’s. Unfortunately, for Netflix your greed will cause more of your members to cancel. As like me, I’m retired and on a fixed income. Some are living without income. Netflix, this is not the time to increase rates. Netflix will benefit more remaining at the $12.99-$15.99 rate which most can afford. At the end of the day, Word of Mouth Rules far better than unexpected rate increase. Sometimes, America can be so greedy and consumed materialistically. However, most consumers seek a bargain within their budget. This pandemic is, in my opinion, God’s way of saying “stop and observe your life” and it’s rewards. However, ..... no one is listening. Netflix, try putting the people first, for a change. Be safe! From a concerned member! On Saturday, January 30, 2021, Netflix Hi CHRISTINE, We’re updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment. Your monthly price will increase by $2 to $17.99 on February 28, 2021. During a pandemic Netflix would be cruel and a betrayal to increase rates. Netflix is profiting greatly as is and does not need to increase rates at this time. People and devoted patrons and new members deserve patients abs understanding during this difficult time. better!

Arion Session-Walker Tallahassee, FL

Netflix has affordable plans for anyone to stream any shows or movies .

Crystal Menzie Tallahassee, FL

I love that Netflix has options when it comes to watching TV Shows or movies.

Julia Halliday Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Netflix for the past 9 months and have been very pleased with how it runs. Netflix has TONS of movies and TV shows to watch. I usually have no problem finding something to watch every time I watch Netflix. I like Netflix better than Amazon Prime because Amazon Prime has very few free choices for movies and/or TV shows. Most times I use Netflix rather than Prime because I don't want to pay to watch that particular show. I'd rather pay a monthly fee and not have to pay for extra things. Netflix charges $8.99/month and you don't have to make any extra payments which is really nice. The one thing that is frustrating is the fact that Netflix doesn't keep all of its shows on the service at the same time. They take shows off every once in a while, which can be rather annoying if you want to watch a show and only have a few weeks left to watch it before they take it off of Netflix. However, the Netflix originals are usually always available, and fun to watch, and even if a TV show or movie you like gets taken off for a little while, you can usually find something else you like to watch!

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

Ive had Netflix streaming service for over a year,as far as im concerned its the best out there,great variety of shows,there’s something for everyone.

Joseph from Virginia Miami, FL

Love the content…. especially the Netflix originals. They don’t change out their movies as often as some of the other streaming service like HBO MAX.

Jmarsh Macomb, MI

I like that I can stream my Netflix account on my phone, tablet, computer, and tv. I can log in anywhere and access my account (vacations, road trips, etc). I have never had any issues with billing or quality.

Nona Orlando, FL

Netflix runs smoothly all the time and streaming is rarely interrupted. Their content is suffering lately but you can always rely upon them to keep it going interruption free

Thea T. Elkins Park, PA

There's so many choices for entertainment. My girls love the selection of anime that they can watch. My husband and I enjoy the classics and even some of the newer shows that they offer through their service.

Tony

this is the best streaming service currrently available. Their set up is easy to navigate thru, and they make good recomendations based on your view history.

Michael Kline Avondale, AZ

Very easy to navigate, great movies and service,

Sicely Lyn Russell Phoenix, AZ

I love using Netflix, it has so many options and great show/movies to choose from! The only thing I dislike is that certain movies/ shows go away and I wish that these shows were permanently on there. Other than that it's awesome!

A L Whippany, NJ

Netflix has so many different shows and movies available for viewing. My personal favorites are breaking bad and peaky blinders. I am not a huge fan of all the Netflix originals movies - but the documentaries have been nice. If you watch a lot of shows, it is a good value for the subscription price.

Max Winkel Payson, UT

Netflix is the best streaming service out there. You can have multiple people in your family watching at the same time and it doesnt slow down your show. They have a large selection to choose from and you can almost always find something to watch. Netflix also has several exclusive shows like Stranger Things that are really good.

Eliza Jane Arledge Smithfield, UT

I love Netflix, they are always coming out with new movies to entertain me and my family. They don't just have movies they also have TV shows and documentaries for all ages. Something that I really like about Netflix is that they are always coming out with new ways and ideas to make streaming your show easier. Like their app or being able to download movies for when you may not have internet access. Netflix is always my first choice for any movie or TV show.

Randy Federspill Fredericksburg, VA

Content is great. Wish there was more Anime and Sci-Fi shows, even older ones. Only thing I have found IRRITATING is not being able to clear out for continue watching, especially shows or series. I would prefer to be able to control my lists of seen, want/interested in, etc. As I scroll down, offer various choices or recommendations. I hate not being able to customize and/or eliminate.

nancy auberry Indianapolis, IN

There are so many shows, documentaries and or movies to anyone's liking. There is no lack if entertainment. I have had my account hacked twice. Both times I've called into Netflix. They were very helpful in getting my account closed and reset. Gave me pointers kn what to do to avoid anymore issues in the future. Netflix could however improve on streaming more shows, such as Chicago Med; Chicago Fire; Chicago PD. There have been times that I have missed my shows. Therefore, I would like the opportunity to view what I have missed.

Andrea Diaz-Cepeda Tallahassee, FL

Over the years, I have watched Netflix transform into the company it is today. Recently Netflix has placed more of an emphasis on TV/ Movie production with shows such as Orange is the New Black! These shows that are made by Netflix and only shown on Netflix have stolen not only my heart but other customers as well! If Netflix, keeps this up, people will have no choice but to stay customers!

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

Netflix is the best streaming platform in my opinion. It offers movies and tv shoes of all genres from a large variety of networks. They also create movies and tv shows of their own. You do need internet to stream on a tv or laptop but on the app, you can download certain movies and shows to stream offline. The shows/movies are also kept on Netflix for a long time!

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

Absolutely love Netflix. It's my favorite streaming TV application that I use. I love the Netflix Original shows and I find myself constantly watching new ones every month. The movies they stream are constantly getting better each month as well as the kids shows they put out. My family & I use Netflix more than any other application out there. I rarely find myself watching regular TV anymore because of Netflix!

Chris Alonzo Gilbert, AZ

My family enjoys streaming movies with Netflix. We are able to watch movies or television shows o road trips or while we are waiting in the car for our after school routines. It’s easy and the variety of movies and television shows are great for the whole family. The cost for Netflix every month is very affordable for my family it’s the best way to have family movie nights too.

Luke Gibson Provo, UT

I don't watch a wide range of shows, but for those I do, Netflix provides a wonderful service. Their site functionality is crisp and easy to use, the interface consistently keeps my most-watched shows easy to find, and the streaming is almost always high-quality. The price is excellent for the service, my only complaint is that sometimes shows are removed without any warning: if Netflix gave a couple weeks of warning, then we could finish them before we were suddenly cut off.

Richard Westover Fremont, CA

I have found Netflix a good alternative to having TV / Cable service. We recently moved (5 months ago) and decide to see if we can live without it since it is so expensive. Using Netflix we have been able to watch some TV shows we enough, recent movie releases a long with some older movies we have enjoyed. We have been able to catch up some of TV shows we missed last year. We are just starting to look at some of the Netflix show to see if any match our taste in TV shows. We have NO issues with the service delivery or performance, which has been a pleasant surprise.

Kyler Ashby Phoenix, AZ

Netflix is one of my main sources of entertainment and I'm happy to say that Netflix always delivers. Though it may not be as "on-demand" as other providers, it's always expanding and updating its library of shows and movies. It's also helpful that the user interface is incredibly easy as well. Of all the streaming services I have used I can honestly say Netflix is by and large the best.

Dustin Marx Brighton, CO

We've been NetFlix customers since early 2004, when the only offering was DVDs in the mail. Although we did join a streaming plan later, we continued with the 2-DVDs-per-month plan and have rented nearly 1700 DVDs from NetFlix in addition to the streaming. The availability of DVDs is useful for seeing movies that are not readily/freely streamable or available to rent through an outlet such as Redbox. NetFlix streaming has introduced us to many good television series that we likely would not have known about otherwise. We've particularly enjoyed some of the BBC series. Unfortunately, NetFlix is losing some of the content it has licensed (including "Midsomer Murders" and more well-known series such as "The Office" and "Friends), but there is still a lot of content available and NetFlix has released some entertaining content of their own as well.

Julia Cavalcanti Orem, UT

Netflix has always been a great alternative to TV broadcasting. It is very reliable and always has so many options and caters to everyone, even providing movies of foreign languages. It is extremely affordable as well. Netflix is available on TVs, computers, and mobile devices. Primarily, I'll stream movies and TV shows on my mobile device and I've never experienced any glitches with the app. In addition to having TV shows from other companies, Netflix produced their own films and shows. The only concern I have with Netflix originals is that they rarely get a second season, and when they do it takes over two years to be released. Other than that minor issue, Netflix is a very good and reliable alternative to going to the movie theater or flipping through channels.

Mitch Bandley Pleasant Grove, UT

Oh Netflix where do I start.. you’ve made the hard times easier and the good times gooder. Ladies and Gentlemen, “The Flix” is more than just a consumer subsidy, it’s your best friend. I don’t mean to personify such an inanitmate object because that’s cheesy. But You know what’s funny, in a way, Netflix personified me and gave me life in a unique way of providing almost unlimited, quality, entertainment. I rate five stars simply because that’s the highest I could give it, but it’s more than just five stars, in fact it’s beyond measurement. It’s more spiritual than anything else. My appreciation for it is as innumerable as the stars, not confined to a meager 5. So take my advice and get yourself a new best friend today who will stick by your side, rain or snow.... preferably actually.

Katie Howard Pleasant Grove, UT

Netflix is my favorite streaming service, hands down. Great variety of shows, including excellent original programming, fast streaming, no commercials, and easy access through a variety of platforms (we use Roku). You have to watch their ratings, because they are not the same as you will find on broadcast TV. TV-MA on broadcast tv doesn't contain anything that can't go over the airwaves, though the subject matter might be mature. On Netflix, TV-MA can mean anything from vulgar language to explicit violence and nudity. So viewer beware with original programming! Streaming movies use the regular movie rating system so they're easier to navigate.