Netflix is a streaming giant and a leader in TV and video streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. It offers a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items. Netflix is continuing to expand its library of award winning original content.

#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
#3 YouTube chevron_right

The Good

• Large Viewing Selection
  • Affordable Price
  • Easy of Use

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers. Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time. Netflix's original series (such as "Orange is the New Black", "Stranger Things", "Black Mirror", "House of Cards", or "Bojack Horseman") attract even more customers to choose Netflix as their streaming platform. Netflix tends to upload an entire season of a show at once instead of episode by episode. This is attractive for those who would prefer to binge-watch instead of waiting between episodes.

Affordable Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices. As of May 2019, its most basic monthly price is $8.99. Netflix also offers standard, premium, and family packages. These packages, which cost a few more dollars a month, provide better streaming quality and the availability to stream on multiple screens at once. This is great for families or friends who would like to share their account between multiple people.

Netflix also offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Easy of Use

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched. A user can search for something to watch by title or genre. The interface is extremely user-friendly and intuitive.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Long Waiting Periods

When a movie or TV show is released on traditional television or in the box office, it might take a month or up to a year to be available on Netflix. Netflix has have a lot of great features but it also has a few drawbacks to its services. Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows.

Content Changes

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream. Movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available. You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best. HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, but Ultra HD is only available on Premium. This higher viewing quality comes at a higher monthly price.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls. The main drawbacks are streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

For more information, check out the Netflix reviews from real customers below. Netflix consistently receives high ratings from the people who use its service.

Asia Bui

January 19th, 2020 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love using Netflix because they always release my favorite shows and movies on it for such an amazing price that I have to pay monthly.

Jesse Rice

January 17th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is amazing yes the get rid of some movies over time but they brung new ones in too and there great I love going here and watching my favorite shows

Chase Reed

January 16th, 2020 ,

Netflix is great for movies, it won't have all movies or shows but you can find plenty of fun things to watch, some you may never have thought existed.

Kathy Trout

January 16th, 2020 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of my favorite media streaming apps. I love the variety and quality of shows.

Jin The Eomma

January 16th, 2020 Clinton, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best app for movies and great to just chill out and just relax. Or even to watch a movie with friends.

Jasmine King

January 16th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Netflix, although being very expensive, is 100% worth the price. A diverse selection of animes, TV shows, and movies; good and bad, new and old. I've had incredible experiences and made many good memories with Netflix, but please give us back The Office.

Christyan Bennett

January 16th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Netflix is my families favorite streaming app. They have so many TV shows, movies, and Netflix originals for all ages. I absolutely would recommend this to anyone. The price is worth it!

Noelle Davis

January 16th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

I absolutely enjoy having a Netflix account. There are so many shows that you can just sit on your couch and watch all day. I'm never going to get rid of it.

Violet Acosta Stewart

January 15th, 2020 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I watch Netflix on the weekends all day, when I feel stressed out, I just watch shows on netflix . It's helped me find a ton of extremely enjoyable shows and they always have everything I want. I even watch really good movies too!

Mrs.LadyTee

January 15th, 2020 Gulfport, MS

Been with Netflix since the beginning. Love the options, variety, no commercials and easy access. I only wish that they didn't have limitations to how many devices can be watched at once as I have more than one kid.

Andrea

January 15th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We do not have cable, and stream our tv and movies. Netflix usually is the first go-to, but lately I can’t find anything that I want to watch. Never had a problem finding something to watch until recently. Update your selection!

Luna

January 15th, 2020 Rockville, MD

It has countless popular movies and originals series while it doesn't cost a lot each month. A great deal!

Collin bowman

January 14th, 2020 Clinton, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The shows and movies are always clear and the sound is amazing the experience of it is awesome

Joss

January 14th, 2020 Ocean Springs, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a loyal Netflix customer since it's debut. I love the indie films and that I can watch binge watch my favorite shows.

Dorrie2001

January 14th, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always has the best shows to watch. I could spend days in my bed just watching it. I constantly am finding something new to watch. Very affordable too!

Brianna bourgeois

January 14th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Netflix has many great movies however they have recently started to add more dramas then anything else. I wish they could add more to different genres however I think you get a lot for what you pay for.

Laurie Massie

January 13th, 2020 Lakeland, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love being able to binge watch seasons at a time!! Best choice we ever made was to cut the cord!

Zac Cannon

January 13th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

My wife and I use Netflix frequently when we visit my dad. We love it's features and the films that it features. Netflix has released some great content and have made a great name for themselves in the entertainment industry. We look forward to joining eventually as paying customers!

Christina Whelan

January 13th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i love netflix. it has a huge variety of shows and movies. it’s nice to be able to find new shows or international movies i didn’t know about before

eunj

January 13th, 2020 ,

Netflix remains at the top of steaming services with the incorporation of original and foreign content. Affordable and worth the ~$8 a month it is.

Blue Rae *._

January 13th, 2020 Norcross, GA

I love Netflix. I watch it every other day with my family. I would like if they had more Disney movies on there and a lot more shows on there

Mickey Mangum

January 13th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Netflix daily. It is exactly as advertised for a very reasonable price. The quality of streaming to all my devices is quite good. Strongly recommend.

Rebecca Harvey

January 12th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love Netflix and it’s fairly cheap compared to its competitors. I like you can make multiple accounts also.

Jane Collins

January 11th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used Netflix since it was a DVD rental company years and years ago. I love the original content that they create (Stranger Things, Fuller House, etc.). With the quality of the catalogue available, cords can truly be cut.

Robert Paugh

January 10th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Netflix since started up. They have great selection of movies to watch. And they change them out every month or so. I would highly recommend them.

DAVID HADAWAY

January 10th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I enjoy Netflix but wish they would update newer shows / movies more frequently. Would give 5 stars if not for that.

Angela Sims

January 9th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Has some of the best shows on here. Love watching Netflix originals and binging my favorite shows.

Dallen Howes

January 9th, 2020 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The content is getting much better than it used to be. I also prefer the navigation capabilities to those of other streaming services. I just wish there were some better series and movies on Netflix.

Danelle

January 8th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love love love Netflix! Just wish they had more movie options but Their original shows keep me hooked!

Stephanie Byrd

January 8th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Netflix has to be one of my favorite streaming applications. Netflix is perfect for just about any personality type. It is not just somewhere you can watch great movies. Netflix is a phenomenon. On Netflix an individual can enjoy movies, television shows, documentaries and much more. Netflix is the ultimate destination for leisure watching or spending quality family time.

Jass

January 6th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thanks to Netflix I don’t need cable in my dorm room. There are numerous movies and binge-worthy shows I could watch in my spare time or whenever I’m bored to keep me occupied. With Netflix you really don’t need to many other streaming services.I just wish the prices would stop increasing!

Edeline

January 6th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Netflix. There is an abundance of shows to watch. This company has introduced to one of my favorite TV shows, Patriot Act starring Hasan Minhaj.

Ramone Raiford

January 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don’t watch regular television because of this streaming service now. It adds new things every week that I can’t help but be able to find something new to watch. It also holds the classics from shows like Grey’s Anatomy which is one of my favs.

Jada Urquhart

January 3rd, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have Netflix and I love using it. They have a great selection of movies to TV shows to watch.

Mailey

January 2nd, 2020 Kingston, MO

Always something to watch for kids and adults. I like the different account setup and easy to control.

Brooke L

January 1st, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are mostly happy with Netflix. I do wish they would be careful with the content - I do not want my children exposed to programming that glamorizes suicide, drug use, and the like.

Adrianne murray

December 31st, 2019 Brigham City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think there is a ton of things to watch especially for adults. If you’re into true crime shows you will always find one. I love most of their movies that they make. For sure worth the cost. It does suck they keep moving up the price which is partly because they Key making their own movies. But I do love them

Jacob

December 30th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our family loves netflix! We rarely go see movies now because of the wide range of movies and shows on netflix. There is something for everyone.

Roman Christiansen

December 28th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve had Netflix for 3 years and it is truly amazing! It has all of my favorite shows and the service is great!

JJ

December 18th, 2019 Enterprise, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give Netflix a ZERO star if I could! We have been Netflix customers for years, but canceled our subscription immediately upon learning of their choice in making a mockery of Jesus and Mary in their original Christmas movie/comedy/parody or whatever they are calling it. We will never, ever support such filth nor a company who promotes such garbage. See ya later Netflix! You are history!

Michelle W

December 16th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

My subscription to Netflix is an addiction. As I write this, I'm watching Gossip Girl streaming TV. It's algorithm is bomb and helps me find other shows I like.

Kathryn

December 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been enjoying the kid friendly Netflix originals. Also, one of our favorite shows for toddlers, Puffin Rock, is on Netflix. I love that there are no advertisements and that the videos stream almost always without buffering. I also love the binge watching benefits like auto play.

Kylie Howes

December 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Netflix is an amazing streaming platform with TONS of options for watching. Their original content is almost always a hit too, although those shows will often get cancelled after the first season or two. The price is pretty good compared to most other streaming services too, and their platform will support a couple different viewers at the same time, which is nice when family members want to watch different shows.

Myra Howes

December 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used to love Netflix. I do like that there are so many options and it is very easy to navigate. However, I only appreciate a small portion of shows now. So many seem inappropriate. I wish I could filter ratings I wished to see, or content-if I didn't want to see homosexual films come up on my feed or rated R movies or horror.

Juan

December 9th, 2019 Beaver, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had netflix since like 2012. It has always been my go to streaming service. They normally always have something good to watch but seems that lately they have been making alot of netflix originals instead of adding more good already made movies. I wish they had more to offer in that aspect.

Sara Smith

December 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our kids love having the options to watch their shows whenever they want to and we can have different accounts.

Brittany Wilkinson

December 4th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our family really enjoys all that Netflix has to offer. There are so many shows to choose from. We can always find something as a family to enjoy. It's so easy to use and search for different shows and I love that we can set up profiles for different members of our family.

Yolanda Briganti

December 2nd, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Netflix has a lot of movies and shows. I like it because it has different kinds of movies.

Tom Gourley

November 27th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Netflix offers nice options at a good price. On occassion they change what they offer but I haven't found that to be a problem. Their service is good.

Treyson Lewis

November 26th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had netflix for the past two years and I love it. I can watch movies whenever I want and some of my favorite T.V. shows are on there.