Netflix

Netflix Logo

Netflix

Plans starting at $8.99

Netflix was the leader in TV streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. They offer a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items.  Netflix has many original series, providing even more content to their subscribers.

The Good

• Large viewing selection
  • Free trial
  • Affordable price

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers.

Low Monthly Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices, charging $9.99/month.  If users want to stream on more than two devices they can pay $11.99/month plan.

Unlimited Streaming/Multiple Users

Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time.

30-day Free Trial

Netflix offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Customized Accounts and Controls

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Predictive Recommendation System

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched.

Netflix has a large list of benefits to their service.  They blazed the trail for streaming TV, and have an amazing selection for their subscribers.  As a part of their robust library, there is a great selection of Netflix Original Series, such as "Orange is the New Black", and "House of Cards".

In addition, the monthly price for Netflix subscribers is extremely reasonable, at $9.99 per month. Potential customers have the ability to try Netflix's services free for 30 days before signing up.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Fluid Streaming

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best.  Also, HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, and Ultra HD is only available on Premium.

Long Waiting Periods

With some of your favorite shows that are currently on air, subscribers may have to wait months or even a whole year before a series is made available.

Netflix does have a ton of great features but they also have a few drawbacks to their services.  Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows. Also, movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available.  You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.  Also, you have to pay more monthly for a higher viewing quality.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. In addition,  Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls.  The main drawback is streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

Katelyn Brewer
January 31st, 2019 Lehi, UT

I love Netflix! It is super easy and fast! You can easily locate and watch just about any movie or TV series! My little sister can honestly navigate it, and shes 4! Totally reccomend! I also love the sorting feature, it filters what is OK for kids.

Jessica Atkin
January 31st, 2019 Lehi, UT

We LOVE Netflix!! There is a large selection of movies and TV shows for all ages. The selection of shows is updated frequently so there are new shows to watch on a regular basis. This is well worth the money!

Jen Winterton
January 31st, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Netflix is a very worthwhile thing to put your money into! They are very good at being there to answer questions when you have questions about your account.

Jeff Blackett
January 31st, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I really enjoy Netflix and the variety of shows and movies they offer. Their original content is what I find most appealing. The monthly price for what they offer is very reasonable. If I had one recommendation it would be to offer more recent movies. Overall great experience!

JARED J BUCKLEY
January 31st, 2019 Fort Bridger, WY DETAILS

Love how they are always adding new stuff. The kids mode is very handy as well when you don't want kids going through the more mature movies. Over all I am happy with there service. Just wish the price would stay the same.

Isaac
January 31st, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Netflix is awesome. I can watch a variety of good shows and movies and there are enough options to cover a variety of interests

Hannah Thompson
January 31st, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix!!! I use Netflix every day and the amount of shows it has to offer is very worth your money!! I do have times where I wish there were certain shows but overall it has great coverage. My favorite feature is the option to download shows so you can watch offline.

Aundrea Ward
January 31st, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

It’s always super nice to wind down after a long day at work and school with watching tv at an affordable price. The shows that are provided are perfect for what I’m looking for.

Ashlee
January 31st, 2019 Herriman, UT

Love being able to watch my favorite shows anytime. Great for binge watching and watching series!

Savanna
January 30th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

Favorite streaming service! Sometimes it struggles loading on Roku TV but otherwise it’s great!

Quinn Johnson
January 30th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

For some reason, this is the only app that has occasional connection difficulties on our Roku TV. That won’t stop me from being a loyal customer though. Netflix provides a phenomenal selection and their original content is now literally award-winning.

Lori Fletcher
January 30th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

I just cancelled my membership because I only watched one show in a month. Not enough clean content.

Leslee Muramoto
January 30th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I’ve been a happy customer for years, but the past couple years they’ve really set themselves apart with all the Netflix-exclusive series and documentaries that make the increasing service price worth it. Netflix is probably watched in my home more than any other service because the kids can pick a TV series and watch from the beginning season. The blockbuster movie options aren’t great, so if that’s what you’re looking for you’ll be disappointed, but I am a happy customer that will not be canceling anytime soon.

Kaiya ward
January 30th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Netflix used to be so awesome but now that they are cutting it down to only "Netflix originals" I am not loving it as much. Still is a good and affordable place to watch movies!

Jeremy Arndt
January 30th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

The functionality of being able to stream tv shows on this site is why I gave it 4 stars. There are hit shows like Friends, The office and host of others that myself and my kids have frequented over the years. Oh, and I really enjoy the recent update (about 2 years ago) where you are able to download certain movies to your device. The download has a duration that expires, but its still been a great addition. I didn't give it 5 stars because the movie selection could improve.

Alissa hill
January 30th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love watching Netflix I think it is great. My kids love it, and it has great movies

Jeff Justice
January 29th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

Netflix streaming has been a service my family has enjoyed for years for a number of different situations. I travel a significant amount of the time as a hotel warrior and find the multitude of different cable options frustrating. I always know what's on my Netflix, and it's nice to have that consistency. The kids really love it during school breaks!

Savanna Caver
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Can I just say that Netflix is my favorite TV app to use?! Not only do they have amazing movies and shows, but Netflix is coming out with their own TV series and movies that are PHENOMENAL!

Mags
January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I've always loved netflix and their service but recently they're started adding more commercials and I don't like that. It's become more about the money rather than the entertainment of people.

Cayla robinson
January 16th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS

Love this service because I am always able to find what I’m looking for whether it is a tv show, movie, etc. the customer service is quick and very knowledgeable ! Overall it’s amazing I love it!

Alain
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT

Netflix is awesome when I have downtime, they have the newest shows and newest movies for me to add on my “To Watch” list. I’d highly recommend Netflix over Hulu.

Sarah
January 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix is one of my top favorite tv/movie providers out there! It is easy to find the show that you are wanting! And from my experience they have always had the shows/movies that I’m hoping to watch that day!!

Shayla Hankins
January 9th, 2019 Lehi, UT

I use Netflix every day and so does my entire family. It is our go to for movie nights and tv binges. We love the customer service and all the shows they provide.

Ethan Pitcher
January 9th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

Netflix is one of the best streaming services around. Thy have great service and a large variety of movies and shows, so there is something for everyone. One thing is shows cycle off and on Netflix pretty frequently. I understand that they sign contacts that only allow them rights to a show for so long but there are some very big shows that many watch that get taken off with what seems like little fight from Netflix to keep it on their platform.

Hailey Nilson
January 4th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Netflix has got to be my favorite streaming service, and the one I use most often. It's easy to use, inexpensive, and allows me to see hundreds of fantastic films and tv shows.

Ariana Marzan
January 3rd, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

I love Netflix, so easy for my kids to utilize of it with safe restrictions and it has a good variety of shows for me and my husband.

Jaimi Augustine
December 31st, 2018 Farmington, UT DETAILS

I like Netflix because they have a ton of movies and tv shows. I like how they have added Netflix originals because it adds variety. I hate that they take shows off after a certain amount of time.

McKenzie Christiansen
December 31st, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. It has such a wide variety of shows ranging from Drama shows all the way to Japanese Anime. Super nice, so many options, it’s wonderful.

Shaylee
December 21st, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix is awesome. It has all of my favorite shows. There are no commercials and a wide variety of movies and TV episodes. LOVE IT.

Annie Orr
December 21st, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix has been such an overall win. They usually always have the movies I want to watch. One thing I would suggest is to have a poll on your site for new movies to be added to.

Braden Johnson
December 21st, 2018 Eagle, ID DETAILS

Netflix is pretty reliable for good TV and Movie streaming. However I wish their selection was a little broader in the grand scheme.

Sadie Salisbury
December 20th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS

Netflix has everything you could ever need! Whatever mood you’re in, they have it. I always watch Netflix. Almost everyday.

Kymberlee Yack
December 20th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

So satisfied with Netflix. I've loved all the children shows that they have because they remind me of my childhood when I used to watch movies with my family. The grinch, tarzan, etc. A very good selection of movies.

Magaly De Avila
December 19th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix is my #1 go to for any show! And it’s the best since it’s a mobile app as well, I have Netflix everywhere I go!

Madalyn Johnson
December 19th, 2018 Provo, UT

Love the amount of streaming movies and tv shows they provide for the price. Also love their new Netflix originals!

Katie Marz
December 19th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

I will never stop recommending this service to everyone. I love watching all my favorite shows on this and they constantly have new movies that I love.

Chloe Magleby
December 19th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Who doesn't love netflix?!! They are the best for every day TV watching and nightly movie watching.

Brinley Knowles
December 19th, 2018 Smithfield, UT DETAILS

I love having the ability to watch a movie on my phone, laptop or even televsion. Netflix makes it so easy to do all of these things. They have great shows and I enjoy many of their series. LOVE NETFLIX!

MaKayla Christiansen
December 18th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix has always been a necessity in my home. I honestly use Netflix more than actual cable. I love how once Netflix uploads a show, the whole season is already there for you to watch! So you don’t have to wait every week for a new episode. Netflix is amazing!

Dasha Directo
December 18th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix is a great streaming service. I've finished a ton of tv show series on Netflix. Their original content is usually pretty good as well. However, when it comes to movie selections, Netflix isn't the best. I mostly go on Netflix for shows and not movies because they rarely stream the movie I'm looking for.

Autumn Kallunki
December 18th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix is amazing and I use it every single day. I recommend netflix to everyone I know. The only thing is that I wish they had everything Hulu does so I could cancel Hulu.

Jorden Laird
December 11th, 2018 Front Royal, VA DETAILS

Most of the great shows, none of the commercials. And the skip intro option is genius .

Rena Van Steele
December 10th, 2018 DETAILS

NETFLIX IS A SLEEZY COMPANY FOR SURE. Yes they increased the price last year,..and WHAM,..another year and it is increasing again. Plus adding the tier system to suck even more money out of you FOR SOMETHING YOU GOT BEFORE THE TIER SYSTEM SO JUST ANOTHER MONEY GRAB ON THEIR PART. I just turned on my netflix and a big sign says increase, agree or cancel. WHAT THE REALLY SLEEZY PART IS THEY HAVE BLOCKED ME EVEN THOUGH I HAVE PAID MY BILL AND AM GOOD TILL END OF JAN. SO THEY ARE FORCING ME TO ACCEPT THE INCREASE,....NOW,......AND WILL NOT GIVE ME ACCESS TO MY SERVICE UNTIL I AGREE OR CANCEL. THIS IS SO BAD. WHY DO I HAVE TO AGREE TO ANYTHING,...NOW,...AND WHY ARE THEY BLOCKING ME UNTIL I DO. BBB HERE I COME. NETFLIX ALSO TOOK AWAY ALL REVIEWS. REVIEWS FOR SHOWS WHICH HELPS TREMENDOUSLY......OR HEY,...PERHAPS THEY DO NOT WANT OTHERS TO SEE THEIR BAD REVIEWS,....DAAAAA AS I AM SURE THIS INCREASE WAS PLANNED. NETFLIX SHOULD NOT BLOCK ME AND MY SERVICE,...AT ANY TIME,...AND SHOVE THEIR INCREASE DOWN MY THROAT,...AS I HAVE PAID FOR IT AND THIS IS A GARBAGE COMPANY BECAUSE OF THIS. HOW ABOUT SOME FREAKING INTEGRITY HERE RATHER THAN THE SLEEZE!!!

Mildred Carter
December 10th, 2018 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS

I. Love. Netflix. It's something that despite it's monthly price, I still use on a consistent basis. Theres always SOMETHING to watch and honestly sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all of the choices that I can pick from.

Aiyana otsuji
December 10th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Netflix is easy, and affordable! Their customer service is great

Brynklie Brown
December 10th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS

I LOVE NETFLIX! Netflix is very reliable, and organized. I am always able to find all my shows and it doesn't glitch very often. They are up to date on the latest and oldest shows. They have numerous Netflix originals that are very interesting. They have something for every age group too! There is a kids category, as well as documentaries, teen shows, movies and much, much more! One complaint I would have is that they are taking some of my favorite shows off soon, but other then that, I highly recommend Netflix for your viewing pleasure!!

Melissa Carreno
December 10th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

Netflix provides awesome service, with some good movies/shows. haven't had to deal with customer service yet, but i guess that's a good thing.

Darius Williams
December 10th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

definitely my number one streaming go to service. Netflix is coming out with a lot of premium content

Alora
December 10th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Netflix has a wide variety of shows and movies. There is definitely something for everyone. It is easy to use and canceling subscription is not difficult. The only downside is how addicting it is since it is so easy to continue watching!

TyGuy
December 10th, 2018 Sandy, UT DETAILS

Netflix has awesome original content! I also love that they release the who series at once instead of one episode per week. I'll always be a Netflix customer!