Netflix

Netflix Logo

Netflix

Plans starting at $8.99

Netflix was the leader in TV streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. They offer a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items.  Netflix has many original series, providing even more content to their subscribers.

The Good

• Large viewing selection
  • Free trial
  • Affordable price

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers.

Low Monthly Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices, charging $9.99/month.  If users want to stream on more than two devices they can pay $11.99/month plan.

Unlimited Streaming/Multiple Users

Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time.

30-day Free Trial

Netflix offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Customized Accounts and Controls

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Predictive Recommendation System

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched.

Netflix has a large list of benefits to their service.  They blazed the trail for streaming TV, and have an amazing selection for their subscribers.  As a part of their robust library, there is a great selection of Netflix Original Series, such as "Orange is the New Black", and "House of Cards".

In addition, the monthly price for Netflix subscribers is extremely reasonable, at $9.99 per month. Potential customers have the ability to try Netflix's services free for 30 days before signing up.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Fluid Streaming

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best.  Also, HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, and Ultra HD is only available on Premium.

Long Waiting Periods

With some of your favorite shows that are currently on air, subscribers may have to wait months or even a whole year before a series is made available.

Netflix does have a ton of great features but they also have a few drawbacks to their services.  Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows. Also, movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available.  You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.  Also, you have to pay more monthly for a higher viewing quality.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. In addition,  Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls.  The main drawback is streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

Brody B
February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I find myself watching Netflix more often than my much more expensive TV provider. By far the best streaming service I have ever had. Their content is awesome and the app is very easy to search and use. I love their original content. Get Netflix if you don't already have it!

Rochelle Thompson
February 6th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix!! I love the cost. So much for so little money. I also love the parental controls. Great service!!

Miguel Figueroa
February 6th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I’ve been using Netflix for years now, from back in the day when they used to mail movies as their primary servicte. A lot of things have changed since then, and I can say that it’s been for the best. Their different plans are perfectly priced and the content is modern and relevant, not to mention that a lot of the Netflix originals have become instant favorites for me.

Madison
February 6th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Love!!! So many options to watch and saves me money when it comes to renting at the redbox!! Never had any service or billing problems.

Mackenzie Taylor
February 6th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

Love Netflix. So many options and great selection. Long time customer and plan to continue being one.

Denna Collier
February 6th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Like the price, but it is hard to navigate. Up loading of programs is slow and I have to repeat at times

CRISTINA DAVIS
February 6th, 2019 Midvale, UT DETAILS

LOVE LOVE LOVE Netflix!!! So many great shows, too little time in the day to watch them all!

Amber McEntire
February 6th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

We love Netflix and many of their original kid shows such as super monsters. We are disappointed with their adult shows as they are all over the top inappropriate and rated m. Wish they had more that were more family friendly without being kid shows, but the service is great and streaming is smooth

Tim Berrett
February 5th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have had Netflix service for streaming for several years now. We really like many of the original content shows, series and movies. It seems like the content is refreshed often which helps us find new things to watch across many different genres. Sometimes it feels like their recommendations gets too specific and doesn't offer as many suggestions across genres, but overall we are very happy withe the service. It is great from our youngest children, our teenagers and us adults.

Stacy
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Love Netflix!!! Use it daily for the kids and myself. There’s a lot of selection and great price!

Oakley Rockwood
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix!! I love being able to watch great shoes on demand. They have good shows for kids and adults. The only thing I wish they would change is adding a few more popular shows on.

Lucas
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

You’ve just gotten better and better. I love their original content but wish it wasn’t all rated MA. A little more 14 content wouldn’t broaden our family watching experience.

Lindsey B
February 5th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

We love Netflix! Great service especially for the price. We have really enjoyed their original content which makes it nice to see something different. We have never had any problems at all when it comes to customer service or product. I would highly recommend Netflix to anyone! Great experience!

Lauren Jorgensen
February 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Netflix is AMAZING! its the only way to watch TV nowadays. I have had a Netflix account for years now. I love that the shows are always changing and I enjoy the originals as well.

Keri Christensen
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I have really enjoyed netflix. There is something for everyone in our entire family. Recently I have really enjoyed the netflix originals that they have been producing. Both the tv shows and the movies. Great product for a great value. The only complaint I would have is that sometimes we sometimes have a difficult time connecting and streaming.

Jessica
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Love having Netflix and being able to watch the tv shows we love and love the Netflix original shows that are available

Greg Christensen
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. It has something for everyone. They constantly update their content, have quality content, and the system almost always seems to be working. I’ve never had to postpone my watching because the service is down. That is great considering the fact they the service is available on so many different platforms that are always changing.

FABIO CAVALCANTI
February 5th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I am a Netflix customer for several years. Although the service (image, reliability) is good, it is hard for me to find movies that I would like to watch.. I wish they provided more movie options. The only reason I still keep it today is that my daughter love several TV shows that offered there.. Rarely I like a movie that was done by Netflix. So they can improve on more movie options.

Cody mills
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We have had Netflix for a few years hardly ever had any problems with streaming just wish they had a little more variety at times but overall happy.

Cici Paskett
February 5th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

It’s a great place to binge watch your favorite past tv shows, but it’s also the home of all bad movies. It’s not for those wanting to keep up with current releases, but I enjoy the classics more.

Chelsea Horrocks
February 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Favorite streaming service! I love having accounts for my husband, myself, and my kids so we all get to pick up right where we left off with our favorite binge worthy shows.

August Moulton
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Netflix is my absolute favorite streaming service. The new and original content they put out is in point. I’ve been so impressed by the A-list actors they’ve been able to recruit. I enjoy the tv shows and appreciate back seasons being made available. We’ve never had trouble with our service or billing.

Alicia
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix but I hate when they take a show off that’s been there forever and that I love.

Valarie Heaps
February 4th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I LOVE Netflix. The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is because I really wish that they would change a few things. I wish that when you have the choice of choosing which log in that you would have to put in a pin so that the kids when logging in wouldn't be able to access the adults logins. I know that the pin is required to access the movies but some of the titles and pictures are not appropriate for children. Other than that....We love the convenience of Netflix.

Sunny Perry
February 4th, 2019 Springville, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. I not only love how many movies that they have to offer, but that they continue to update and put new arrivals on their site. It is super convenient to use and whenever my family wants to watch a quick movie, we resort to Netflix. We love it!

Milton Fletcher
February 4th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

I don’t like Netflix because of their ads. The kids profile is fine but not worth a subscription.

Micah Bradshaw
February 4th, 2019 Salem, UT DETAILS

Netflix is a great way to stream tv shows and movies at your convenience. Great value for the number of options you have to watch.

Marie
February 4th, 2019 Heber, UT DETAILS

We like nextflix for the most part, wish there were more family friendly shows for our family.

Malinda
February 4th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love all of the movies and shows I can watch! I especially love the app because then I can watch on my phone as well! 😁

kerry perez
February 4th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Use it all the time... great service! its the wave of the future. Just need more newer movies. Sequels are amazing, I'm a big fan!!

Kathy Jo Jorgensen
February 4th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I absolutely love netflix. I love that they are always adding new movies and shows. It is easy to pay the bill online. I love how quickly it streams.

Jason Brown
February 4th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I believe Netflix's original series are of better quality than their competition, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Outside of their original series, however, the selection is lacking.

Hadley heaps
February 4th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix a lot. I watch movies and tv shows on it all the time. the only reason I'm giving a 4 on this is because I wish they had more popular movies and shows.

faith
February 4th, 2019 Camano, WA DETAILS

Netfilx has an amazing family plan that is very affordable and easy to plan. You get all the shows you want, and can have a child block for younger kids. 10/10 you recommended!

Daniel Perez
February 4th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Netflix has a wide variety of movie options. This is my go to streaming service for movies and tv series. Interface for their app is easy to use although doesn’t show every movie selection. Great movie selection as well.

Brittney Miskin
February 4th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

Love Netflix. Great balue for the money, great viewing options, always adding new content. I always have something to watch. Love that there is no viewing limitations.

Bekah
February 4th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT

I really enjoy Netflix. It has a lot of good shows, and it is really entertaining.

Ariana
February 4th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

absolutely love netflix, especially how they bring in their on tv shows and movies!

Noriko Johnson
February 1st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Our family really enjoy having Netflix account. We love that we can log in to out account when we travel wherever we stay since most of hotels and houses has smart TV with Netflix app in their system. It’s nice that they update their shows and movies. We love watching a show together as family.

nathan brewer
February 1st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I use Netflix every morning while I run. I love how easy it is to scroll through and pick cool movies to watch while I run. I also love how you can have multiple profiles in the same account so it personalizes to me.

Mauri Brewer
February 1st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I am pleased with the variety of movies available. Especially since disney selections were added. There is always something for both the adults and kids to watch.

Lindsey A Brown
February 1st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Netflix is one of our top favorite companies to stream with! You will never run out of things to watch as the options are endless. My only reason for not giving a full 5 stars is that I wish that there were more shows/movies available that are free. So many have to be paid for which is kind of disappointing.

janalee sanders
February 1st, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS

I really enjoy Netflix. there is a huge variety of shows to choose from. I like that it keeps track of previously watched shows. There is also a wide variety of age ranges available as well. the one thing I wish that Netflix would do is give the choice of watching censored shows, for that reason im giving it 4 stars and not 5.

Jamie King
February 1st, 2019 Cokeville, WY DETAILS

It’s crazy that we don’t have to deal with VCRs anymore. We sit down push a button and have thousands of movies at our fingertips. I would just love to have newer movies get on Netflix sooner.

Evelyn Chidester
February 1st, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

Its easy to get Netflix and we use it frequently for home entertainment. Offers a wide variety of movies for a relatively low monthly fee. I've never had a problem with netflix.

Daniel
February 1st, 2019 Sweet Home, OR

I like the service. There is a good variety of movies for the whole family and it keeps me entertained

Virginia Rosenthal
January 31st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

It's so nice to have Netflix as an option when the kiddos are bored at home. I like that we can set up different user accounts so that my husbands movie preferences don't affect the kid choices. I do wish they had more movie options (that are actually good movies). It seems like there are lots of mediocre quality movies and not the really good ones).

Natalie
January 31st, 2019 Mapleton, UT DETAILS

My husband and I love Netflix. It gives us options to watch movies and shows we live without having to get cable

Mariah Naegle
January 31st, 2019 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

I love Netflix! It’s a great way to watch movies in interested in. Although I wish they added more popular movies. Such as Mean Girls.

Keilah Phillips
January 31st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love how Netflix always has the most popular TV shows on. I love the series, the service and all the movies too. I really think this is a great option for a laid back Saturday night.