Netflix

Netflix Logo

Netflix

$9.99 Monthly Fees

Netflix was the leader in TV streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. They offer a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items.  Netflix has many original series, providing even more content to their subscribers.

The Good

• Large viewing selection
  • Free trial
  • Affordable price

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers.

Low Monthly Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices, charging $9.99/month.  If users want to stream on more than two devices they can pay $11.99/month plan.

Unlimited Streaming/Multiple Users

Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time.

30-day Free Trial

Netflix offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Customized Accounts and Controls

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Predictive Recommendation System

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched.

Netflix has a large list of benefits to their service.  They blazed the trail for streaming TV, and have an amazing selection for their subscribers.  As a part of their robust library, there is a great selection of Netflix Original Series, such as "Orange is the New Black", and "House of Cards".

In addition, the monthly price for Netflix subscribers is extremely reasonable, at $9.99 per month. Potential customers have the ability to try Netflix's services free for 30 days before signing up.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Fluid Streaming

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best.  Also, HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, and Ultra HD is only available on Premium.

Long Waiting Periods

With some of your favorite shows that are currently on air, subscribers may have to wait months or even a whole year before a series is made available.

Netflix does have a ton of great features but they also have a few drawbacks to their services.  Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows. Also, movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available.  You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.  Also, you have to pay more monthly for a higher viewing quality.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. In addition,  Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls.  The main drawback is streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

Daniel Perez
February 4th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Netflix has a wide variety of movie options. This is my go to streaming service for movies and tv series. Interface for their app is easy to use although doesn’t show every movie selection. Great movie selection as well.

Ariana
February 4th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

absolutely love netflix, especially how they bring in their on tv shows and movies!

Milton Fletcher
February 4th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

I don’t like Netflix because of their ads. The kids profile is fine but not worth a subscription.

Sunny Perry
February 4th, 2019 Springville, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. I not only love how many movies that they have to offer, but that they continue to update and put new arrivals on their site. It is super convenient to use and whenever my family wants to watch a quick movie, we resort to Netflix. We love it!

kerry perez
February 4th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Use it all the time... great service! its the wave of the future. Just need more newer movies. Sequels are amazing, I'm a big fan!!

janalee sanders
February 1st, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS

I really enjoy Netflix. there is a huge variety of shows to choose from. I like that it keeps track of previously watched shows. There is also a wide variety of age ranges available as well. the one thing I wish that Netflix would do is give the choice of watching censored shows, for that reason im giving it 4 stars and not 5.

Lindsey A Brown
February 1st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Netflix is one of our top favorite companies to stream with! You will never run out of things to watch as the options are endless. My only reason for not giving a full 5 stars is that I wish that there were more shows/movies available that are free. So many have to be paid for which is kind of disappointing.

Noriko Johnson
February 1st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Our family really enjoy having Netflix account. We love that we can log in to out account when we travel wherever we stay since most of hotels and houses has smart TV with Netflix app in their system. It’s nice that they update their shows and movies. We love watching a show together as family.

Evelyn Chidester
February 1st, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

Its easy to get Netflix and we use it frequently for home entertainment. Offers a wide variety of movies for a relatively low monthly fee. I've never had a problem with netflix.

Daniel
February 1st, 2019 Sweet Home, OR

I like the service. There is a good variety of movies for the whole family and it keeps me entertained

nathan brewer
February 1st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I use Netflix every morning while I run. I love how easy it is to scroll through and pick cool movies to watch while I run. I also love how you can have multiple profiles in the same account so it personalizes to me.

Mauri Brewer
February 1st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I am pleased with the variety of movies available. Especially since disney selections were added. There is always something for both the adults and kids to watch.

Jamie King
February 1st, 2019 Cokeville, WY DETAILS

It’s crazy that we don’t have to deal with VCRs anymore. We sit down push a button and have thousands of movies at our fingertips. I would just love to have newer movies get on Netflix sooner.

Virginia Rosenthal
January 31st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

It's so nice to have Netflix as an option when the kiddos are bored at home. I like that we can set up different user accounts so that my husbands movie preferences don't affect the kid choices. I do wish they had more movie options (that are actually good movies). It seems like there are lots of mediocre quality movies and not the really good ones).

Jessica Atkin
January 31st, 2019 Lehi, UT

We LOVE Netflix!! There is a large selection of movies and TV shows for all ages. The selection of shows is updated frequently so there are new shows to watch on a regular basis. This is well worth the money!

Isaac
January 31st, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Netflix is awesome. I can watch a variety of good shows and movies and there are enough options to cover a variety of interests

Aundrea Ward
January 31st, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

It’s always super nice to wind down after a long day at work and school with watching tv at an affordable price. The shows that are provided are perfect for what I’m looking for.

Jen Winterton
January 31st, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Netflix is a very worthwhile thing to put your money into! They are very good at being there to answer questions when you have questions about your account.

Ashlee
January 31st, 2019 Herriman, UT

Love being able to watch my favorite shows anytime. Great for binge watching and watching series!

Mariah Naegle
January 31st, 2019 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

I love Netflix! It’s a great way to watch movies in interested in. Although I wish they added more popular movies. Such as Mean Girls.

JARED J BUCKLEY
January 31st, 2019 Fort Bridger, WY DETAILS

Love how they are always adding new stuff. The kids mode is very handy as well when you don't want kids going through the more mature movies. Over all I am happy with there service. Just wish the price would stay the same.

Keilah Phillips
January 31st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love how Netflix always has the most popular TV shows on. I love the series, the service and all the movies too. I really think this is a great option for a laid back Saturday night.

Katelyn Brewer
January 31st, 2019 Lehi, UT

I love Netflix! It is super easy and fast! You can easily locate and watch just about any movie or TV series! My little sister can honestly navigate it, and shes 4! Totally reccomend! I also love the sorting feature, it filters what is OK for kids.

Natalie
January 31st, 2019 Mapleton, UT DETAILS

My husband and I love Netflix. It gives us options to watch movies and shows we live without having to get cable

Jeff Blackett
January 31st, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I really enjoy Netflix and the variety of shows and movies they offer. Their original content is what I find most appealing. The monthly price for what they offer is very reasonable. If I had one recommendation it would be to offer more recent movies. Overall great experience!

Hannah Thompson
January 31st, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix!!! I use Netflix every day and the amount of shows it has to offer is very worth your money!! I do have times where I wish there were certain shows but overall it has great coverage. My favorite feature is the option to download shows so you can watch offline.

Savanna
January 30th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

Favorite streaming service! Sometimes it struggles loading on Roku TV but otherwise it’s great!

Leslee Muramoto
January 30th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I’ve been a happy customer for years, but the past couple years they’ve really set themselves apart with all the Netflix-exclusive series and documentaries that make the increasing service price worth it. Netflix is probably watched in my home more than any other service because the kids can pick a TV series and watch from the beginning season. The blockbuster movie options aren’t great, so if that’s what you’re looking for you’ll be disappointed, but I am a happy customer that will not be canceling anytime soon.

Quinn Johnson
January 30th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

For some reason, this is the only app that has occasional connection difficulties on our Roku TV. That won’t stop me from being a loyal customer though. Netflix provides a phenomenal selection and their original content is now literally award-winning.

Lori Fletcher
January 30th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

I just cancelled my membership because I only watched one show in a month. Not enough clean content.

Jeremy Arndt
January 30th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

The functionality of being able to stream tv shows on this site is why I gave it 4 stars. There are hit shows like Friends, The office and host of others that myself and my kids have frequented over the years. Oh, and I really enjoy the recent update (about 2 years ago) where you are able to download certain movies to your device. The download has a duration that expires, but its still been a great addition. I didn't give it 5 stars because the movie selection could improve.

Alissa hill
January 30th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love watching Netflix I think it is great. My kids love it, and it has great movies

Kaiya ward
January 30th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Netflix used to be so awesome but now that they are cutting it down to only "Netflix originals" I am not loving it as much. Still is a good and affordable place to watch movies!

Jeff Justice
January 29th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

Netflix streaming has been a service my family has enjoyed for years for a number of different situations. I travel a significant amount of the time as a hotel warrior and find the multitude of different cable options frustrating. I always know what's on my Netflix, and it's nice to have that consistency. The kids really love it during school breaks!

Mags
January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I've always loved netflix and their service but recently they're started adding more commercials and I don't like that. It's become more about the money rather than the entertainment of people.

Alain
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT

Netflix is awesome when I have downtime, they have the newest shows and newest movies for me to add on my “To Watch” list. I’d highly recommend Netflix over Hulu.

Savanna Caver
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Can I just say that Netflix is my favorite TV app to use?! Not only do they have amazing movies and shows, but Netflix is coming out with their own TV series and movies that are PHENOMENAL!

Cayla robinson
January 16th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS

Love this service because I am always able to find what I’m looking for whether it is a tv show, movie, etc. the customer service is quick and very knowledgeable ! Overall it’s amazing I love it!

Sarah
January 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix is one of my top favorite tv/movie providers out there! It is easy to find the show that you are wanting! And from my experience they have always had the shows/movies that I’m hoping to watch that day!!

Shayla Hankins
January 9th, 2019 Lehi, UT

I use Netflix every day and so does my entire family. It is our go to for movie nights and tv binges. We love the customer service and all the shows they provide.

Ethan Pitcher
January 9th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

Netflix is one of the best streaming services around. Thy have great service and a large variety of movies and shows, so there is something for everyone. One thing is shows cycle off and on Netflix pretty frequently. I understand that they sign contacts that only allow them rights to a show for so long but there are some very big shows that many watch that get taken off with what seems like little fight from Netflix to keep it on their platform.

Hailey Nilson
January 4th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Netflix has got to be my favorite streaming service, and the one I use most often. It's easy to use, inexpensive, and allows me to see hundreds of fantastic films and tv shows.

Ariana Marzan
January 3rd, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

I love Netflix, so easy for my kids to utilize of it with safe restrictions and it has a good variety of shows for me and my husband.

McKenzie Christiansen
December 31st, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. It has such a wide variety of shows ranging from Drama shows all the way to Japanese Anime. Super nice, so many options, it’s wonderful.

Jaimi Augustine
December 31st, 2018 Farmington, UT DETAILS

I like Netflix because they have a ton of movies and tv shows. I like how they have added Netflix originals because it adds variety. I hate that they take shows off after a certain amount of time.

Shaylee
December 21st, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix is awesome. It has all of my favorite shows. There are no commercials and a wide variety of movies and TV episodes. LOVE IT.

Annie Orr
December 21st, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix has been such an overall win. They usually always have the movies I want to watch. One thing I would suggest is to have a poll on your site for new movies to be added to.

Braden Johnson
December 21st, 2018 Eagle, ID DETAILS

Netflix is pretty reliable for good TV and Movie streaming. However I wish their selection was a little broader in the grand scheme.

Kymberlee Yack
December 20th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

So satisfied with Netflix. I've loved all the children shows that they have because they remind me of my childhood when I used to watch movies with my family. The grinch, tarzan, etc. A very good selection of movies.

Sadie Salisbury
December 20th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS

Netflix has everything you could ever need! Whatever mood you’re in, they have it. I always watch Netflix. Almost everyday.