Netflix Logo

9.3

Netflix is a streaming giant and a leader in TV and video streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. It offers a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items. Netflix is continuing to expand its library of award winning original content.

Amazon Prime Logo
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
YouTube Logo
#3 YouTube chevron_right
Hulu Plus Logo
#4 Hulu Plus chevron_right

The Good

• Large Viewing Selection
  • Affordable Price
  • Easy of Use

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers. Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time. Netflix's original series (such as "Orange is the New Black", "Stranger Things", "Black Mirror", "House of Cards", or "Bojack Horseman") attract even more customers to choose Netflix as their streaming platform. Netflix tends to upload an entire season of a show at once instead of episode by episode. This is attractive for those who would prefer to binge-watch instead of waiting between episodes.

Affordable Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices. As of May 2019, its most basic monthly price is $8.99. Netflix also offers standard, premium, and family packages. These packages, which cost a few more dollars a month, provide better streaming quality and the availability to stream on multiple screens at once. This is great for families or friends who would like to share their account between multiple people.

Netflix also offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Easy of Use

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched. A user can search for something to watch by title or genre. The interface is extremely user-friendly and intuitive.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Long Waiting Periods

When a movie or TV show is released on traditional television or in the box office, it might take a month or up to a year to be available on Netflix. Netflix has have a lot of great features but it also has a few drawbacks to its services. Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows.

Content Changes

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream. Movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available. You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best. HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, but Ultra HD is only available on Premium. This higher viewing quality comes at a higher monthly price.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls. The main drawbacks are streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

For more information, check out the Netflix reviews from real customers below. Netflix consistently receives high ratings from the people who use its service.

KimDugan Kailua, HI

Netflix has stood the test of time by adding and growing streaming options. There are movies and TV shows new and old as well as Netflix originals that branch across the genres. I think of the streaming platforms, Netflix has the cleanest interface and most user-friendly format. Where Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus require a longer navigation to the search bar, Netflix search function is accessible from every row of shows/movies. The only downside to Netflix is it seems to have faster turnover rates for content - meaning that some streaming options are not available for as long (I assume due to licensing limitations, etc.) as other platforms, but it varies. I'm heartbroken when a lot of the options are pulled, but ultimately, I think of all of the streaming platforms, Netflix is the one that definitely will not go anywhere.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

As streaming becomes the main way to watch TV, Netflix is kind of where you start. Several hundred hours of quality shows await. Series, movies, documentaries, and stand up comedy concerts. I watched 2 seasons of Daredevil, 2 seasons of Luke Cage, 1 season each of Jessica Jones and Iron Fist just to watch the Defenders mini series. Then back to watch a 3rd season of Daredevil, 2nd and 3rd seasons of Jessica Jones and 1 more of Iron Fist. That is well over 100 hours of tv alone! Pricing seems low for the value. Never dealt with customer service because I have never had a problem in 8 years. Highly recommended.

Brian Phelps Enfield, NH

Netflix Raised their Prices during the Pandemic not by a little to premium members but by double. They have no content and could care less. They slowed down the DVD Deliveries so they made more but you watched less. They took away the ease of watching Netflix on the road. their 2 point authentication locks you out until you can get a hold of a person or customer service associate which they obviously don't have. It's a better price to have Disney plus, Amazon Prime, and Hulu then Just to have Netflix which never updates and changes it's pricing whenever they hit financial hardship in the company. In conclusion if Netflix wants to save itself Update Movies! Don't keep changing your prices, and bring back the way you used to do things. Keep up with the times at this rate you're going to be the next Blockbuster

Q Fort Worth, TX

Netflix Always Starts a Show But Never Finishes It , They will Reel You in To a Good Show , and Leave You Hanging Off a Cliff !!! If they could Ever make a show that Actually Follow Up On They Might Be A Good Choice , But if You Like to Watch Shows that Are 2 or 3 Seasons with No Endings This Might Be What You Are Looking For !!!! Punisher, Santa Clarita Diet, LAs Finest , Etc . ETC

Nyla C. Edison, NJ

I love how Netflix has upgraded within all these years. The improvements have led to my family and I being able to stream shows and movies directly from our phones, tv and laptop. This has allowed for us to access this platform pretty much anywhere we go. I also like how you're now able to download movies and shows straight from the app before you go somewhere with little to no connection; this has helped make road trips less boring. I gave Netflix four stars however, due to the shows and movies list becoming a little dull. Netflix also removes shows and movies that are good too, such as That 70s Show, The Office, etc.

Rafet Afnan Mymensingh, 34

Netflix is the latest software for streaming online. Netflix enables the window for unlimited collections of movies, series, web films, dramas, documentaries, etc. There are category-based dramas on Netflix. No advertisements. There are movies or series that you only find on Netflix no other elsewhere. Netflix is very budget-friendly. You have to subscribe yearly to enjoy unlimited resources of fun! Netflix is worth watching. I do not have any issues to dislike their service. Netflix is very convenient and they have super cool collection.

Marge Thatsit Manteno, IL

I've been with Netflix for 9 years, continuously. I thought they were well run and gave good customer service, but perhaps since there is a new CEO (2020), I've experienced the opposite of quality and good customer care. I cancelled today. I won't spend money on poor quality. I read the US market for netflix has dropped 31% in one year. I wasn't surprised!

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

We use Netflix almost on a daily basis, I use it on my computer when I am away from home and everyone else uses it at home. There is plenty of selection for everyone from child to adults. I like the documentaries, my wife loves the drama series and movies. The value is just right for us and we recommend Netflix for anyone.

DealStar Salt Lake City, UT

I've been with Netflix since as far back as my memories can take me as far as digital options for viewing are concerned, and I will never not be a customer. With or without a pandemic to keep us all inside, Netflix has been my "go-to" for home entertainment. I find the subscription cost to be justified and content to be aligned with my interests. Netflix truly is a god-send, and is the industry standard for streaming.

Makayla Holland Gaithersburg, MD

I like Netflix because you can make your own account, the step is great, they show you shows and movie they recommend for you. And you can have favorite or you can scroll to pick categories of either the show or movies you want to watch. They have a kids section. I think it perfect for anybody no matter the age they have movies and shows for everyone. Also the monthly payment for Netflix is not bad at all.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

Ive had Netflix streaming service for over a year,as far as im concerned its the best out there,great variety of shows,there’s something for everyone.

Jodianna Maitland, FL

I like how I can watch tons of old and new tv shows and movies! They also have a feature where I can download something now and watch it later without needing to have a connection to service. The only downside is that they take a while to update new shows and sometimes get rid of movies or tv shows for no reason.

PH Bethlehem, PA

HERE COMES THE BS AND CORPORATE GREED IN THE PANDEMIC. Here is my dead on honest review. You decide to stick with Netflix after this. I will back pedal a bit before I launch into this and tell you I have subscribed also to Prime and Disney+ without as much as a hiccup. So here it is: While ALSO having Prime, Disney+, and my cable bill skyrocketing in this pandemic, my husband missed some of the Netflix shows we used to watch PRIOR to the Disney+ launch. My kids only like Netflix for Sofia the First, currently not on Disney+. Fine. So what do I do? I get my husband a gift card for $25 as part of his Valentine's gift and we sign up for the BASIC PACKAGE ($8.95) on April 12. That should take us to July 12 give or take for $25, right? I go about my life and barely watch Netflix. I let husband and kids have it. Next thing you know I am charged on June 6 $14.85 on an old CC I am ready to cancel that Netflix still has the number for from 3 years ago! I IM them and ask what's up. WAIT FOR IT! THE TOTAL BS! Apparently, my husband logged in via iPhone while on a break before work to watch his show while the kids were watching Sofia the First at home. The horror! That now up's your bill automatically to the "STANDARD PLAN" of $14.85. Gift card runs out. And I am charged. I AM DEAD SERIOUS. Nasty customer service folks -- 3 of them -- refused to do anything. They took off the $14.85 but canceled out my gift card. So I paid $25 for less than 2 months and husband loses the gift I intended. They actually wanted $39.85 for less than 2 months. All because he logged in on an iPhone when kids were watching the same time. This is ludicrous. They could have in good faith credited me and let me use the gift card. Nasty, nasty customer service. BEWARE OF THIS NETFLIX SCAM AND THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER AND CHARGE YOUR CC IN AN INSTANT!

Jmarsh Macomb, MI

I like that I can stream my Netflix account on my phone, tablet, computer, and tv. I can log in anywhere and access my account (vacations, road trips, etc). I have never had any issues with billing or quality.

Lisa C Johnson Catonsville, MD

Netflix has so many movies to watch that it is impossible to see them all. One negative is that sometimes before you have a chance to finish a movie with many series, it will disappear never to appear again. So its important to watch the series quickly in case they take it away. However, a positive is when you go away for vacation you could watch Netflix on tv where ever you are. We like Netflix but you can be overwhelmed by the amount of movies. I have never had a reason to call customer service.

Md. Mehedi Hasan Uttara, 14

I am really satisfied with Netflix's experience. Very good for watch series, movies & drama's.

Christine Vrooman Troy, NY

Shame on you Netflix! How could you take advantage of faithful patrons who depend on your services to get through a pandemic. Really! Netflix undoubtedly profited during from this pandemic and increased members. Therefore, Netflix mind as well take advantage of the situation even more by increasing g rates? Have a heart and empathy towards your loyal patrons and new members. Have Netflix forgotten that we are in the middle of a pandemic? People are mostly unemployed, facing foreclosure, maintains home schooled children. “God” don’t like ugly! or greed! Most people resorted to becoming a Netflix member because it was meeting their financial budget. Not to mention keeping their children occupied with movies without added expense. . What a betrayal for those joining Netflix during a pandemic. The public mind as well joined their local cable service or shopped online for DVD’s. Unfortunately, for Netflix your greed will cause more of your members to cancel. As like me, I’m retired and on a fixed income. Some are living without income. Netflix, this is not the time to increase rates. Netflix will benefit more remaining at the $12.99-$15.99 rate which most can afford. At the end of the day, Word of Mouth Rules far better than unexpected rate increase. Sometimes, America can be so greedy and consumed materialistically. However, most consumers seek a bargain within their budget. This pandemic is, in my opinion, God’s way of saying “stop and observe your life” and it’s rewards. However, ..... no one is listening. Netflix, try putting the people first, for a change. Be safe! From a concerned member! On Saturday, January 30, 2021, Netflix Hi CHRISTINE, We’re updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment. Your monthly price will increase by $2 to $17.99 on February 28, 2021. During a pandemic Netflix would be cruel and a betrayal to increase rates. Netflix is profiting greatly as is and does not need to increase rates at this time. People and devoted patrons and new members deserve patients abs understanding during this difficult time. better!

seanth57 Columbus, GA

I have used this company for over 9 years, there's always new movies added to the movies lineups, great service.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Nakhon Sawan, 60

I love Netflix! They are always producing new shows and movies that I always find very high quality and very interesting.

Joseph from Virginia Miami, FL

Love the content…. especially the Netflix originals. They don’t change out their movies as often as some of the other streaming service like HBO MAX.

Nona Orlando, FL

Netflix runs smoothly all the time and streaming is rarely interrupted. Their content is suffering lately but you can always rely upon them to keep it going interruption free

Dee Mattapan, MA

I like Netflix, I'm not crazy about it. I enjoy the fact that I can watch some of my favorite shows that are no longer syndicated. I do get to watch some films and shows I've never seen before, which are pretty good. The only issue I have experienced frequently is that Netflix been having technical issues. I'm on the $8.99 plan and all but I don't think it should be having these type of issues lol.

Thea T. Elkins Park, PA

There's so many choices for entertainment. My girls love the selection of anime that they can watch. My husband and I enjoy the classics and even some of the newer shows that they offer through their service.

crunchyfrogs Livingston, TX

Netflix gives members access to thousands of movies and series. The platform could improve by a few simple alterations. The "My List" section should be divided between movies and series. There should be a separate section for foreign language content so it's not mixed in with the English language content. My biggest complaint is that Netflix must feel that adding filthy language and explicit sex increases customer appeal. This is not true. I was excited to see Netflix pick up Designated Survivor because it was one of my favorite series. However, when Netflix took over it was unrecognizable. All the filthy language and explicit sex scenes managed to lose me as a viewer within two episodes. Netlix, we are not all perverts!

Sicely Lyn Russell Phoenix, AZ

I love using Netflix, it has so many options and great show/movies to choose from! The only thing I dislike is that certain movies/ shows go away and I wish that these shows were permanently on there. Other than that it's awesome!

Aaliyah Fuller Tallahassee, FL

Netflix has a variety of different movies and TV shows throughout all the genres available. New shows and movies get added a couple of times a month. The only issue I have is Netflix tends to get rid of quality movies and shows and replace them with other shows that are less entertaining, in my opinion. Other than that, there is always a movie or show available to watch with the many different options they have listed.

Corbin Short ,

Netflix is obviously a very innovative digital streaming business model. I have been using them since the days of actually ordering DVDs. Netflix provides a great product, one that I am on at least every other night. I will say this: they offer the minimum amount of entertainment to keep me paying what I am paying every month. When the streaming wars started, it was left in the air whether or not Netflix would be something I continue to pay for. Right when I am getting bored with the content on Netflix, they upload something that is just entertaining enough to get me watching again. Kind of sucks, but I guess it works out.

Eliza Jane Arledge Smithfield, UT

I love Netflix, they are always coming out with new movies to entertain me and my family. They don't just have movies they also have TV shows and documentaries for all ages. Something that I really like about Netflix is that they are always coming out with new ways and ideas to make streaming your show easier. Like their app or being able to download movies for when you may not have internet access. Netflix is always my first choice for any movie or TV show.

jscharm7 Cherry Hill, NJ

Netflix has amazing documentaries on all aspects of true crime. Their reenactments are extremely realistic and always get me hooked. I also love their recommendations.

Skyler Freeston Nairobi, 30

Same programs and films very rarely updates, most of the time doesn't load definitely not worth what they are charging.

1 day ago

Lawrence Kopp Schaumburg, IL

Sorry to burst the bubble here but Netflix has a substandard system to protect the security of any account. Three days in a row my account was stolen. I called them and had it restored three times just to have it hacked again. I changed PW's every time and finally had to change emails accounts. However after extensive conversations with them its clear all one has to do to change info in my account is to have the email address associated with it. They even changed the phone number and upped the package to HD deluxe. They do not, I repeat do not have a system in place to verify change to account requests like 2 factor verification with is more or less universal. Emails are sent and unless you catch it in time you are screwed. If you are reading this Netflix get 2 factor verification. Its now the standard of the business industry. Just a simple text will work but they tell me they can't send me a text. Astounding.

MindyV Lubbock, TX

Netflix is great. I wish that when I log in to Netflix. whatever show or movie is being advertised at the top of the page doesn't start automatically playing. That's very annoying!!!! Netflix needs to keep politics out of their business!!!!

Pega guru Frisco, TX

Series are at best 3 star and movie in 2 star range. They used have good series and movies but losing the charm now. Issue is Netflix has flooded "only" it's brand of movies and series. Netflix brand movies typically are a low budget movies, and sometimes with an agenda. At the end of movie if you feel like being preached instead of being entertained you may not be wrong. TV serials are also being made on stereotype themes, it is repeatative. There is nothing new. I have wasted lot of time on sub par content. I don't want to be too harsh, probably it is also Covid and lack of quality material due to it. But lack of indigenous content is paramount and now an issue.

A L Whippany, NJ

Netflix has so many different shows and movies available for viewing. My personal favorites are breaking bad and peaky blinders. I am not a huge fan of all the Netflix originals movies - but the documentaries have been nice. If you watch a lot of shows, it is a good value for the subscription price.

Max Winkel Payson, UT

Netflix is the best streaming service out there. You can have multiple people in your family watching at the same time and it doesnt slow down your show. They have a large selection to choose from and you can almost always find something to watch. Netflix also has several exclusive shows like Stranger Things that are really good.

Amy Billings Smithfield, UT

There are three important things that make Netflix number one. The first is how user friendly it is. My ninety year old grandparents can use it without explanation. The second is the large variety of options available for viewing. The third is the amazing original content that is constantly being erased. This makes Netflix perfect for family fun!

Mia Alshami Fayetteville, AR

I love how Netflix has a mix of both Netflix originals and TV shows that we all know and love! It is great to binge on your favorite TV shows or watch classic movies that you love. My family and I all love the service that Netflix provides!

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Netflix has been a lifesaver for our family through the quarantine situation. The variety of shows offered meets the taste of everyone of our family. The monthly additions keep it fresh. We love that Netflix picked up our favorite show! Their original productions are very well done and highly entertaining.

Julia Halliday Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Netflix for the past 9 months and have been very pleased with how it runs. Netflix has TONS of movies and TV shows to watch. I usually have no problem finding something to watch every time I watch Netflix. I like Netflix better than Amazon Prime because Amazon Prime has very few free choices for movies and/or TV shows. Most times I use Netflix rather than Prime because I don't want to pay to watch that particular show. I'd rather pay a monthly fee and not have to pay for extra things. Netflix charges $8.99/month and you don't have to make any extra payments which is really nice. The one thing that is frustrating is the fact that Netflix doesn't keep all of its shows on the service at the same time. They take shows off every once in a while, which can be rather annoying if you want to watch a show and only have a few weeks left to watch it before they take it off of Netflix. However, the Netflix originals are usually always available, and fun to watch, and even if a TV show or movie you like gets taken off for a little while, you can usually find something else you like to watch!

Gabriel Sanchez Phoenix, AZ

I like the variety of movie and tv content Netflix has. Their app is easy to use and I have access to it 24/7.

Andrea Wheaton, IL

Netflix has so much to offer for streaming. I love their series and movies that Netflix produces - such good TV! Keep it coming!

Joyce Davis Corvallis, OR

love the Netflix originals!! love the unique productions - YOU, Black Mirror, The Crown, Behind Her Eyes and so much more!

Holly Abramovitz Monett, MO

Netflix has a lot of options and the App itself is easy to use. I dislike that price keeps increasing, just because people use multiple streaming applications these days. Also, Netflix seems to host a lot of political opinionated documentaries and shows. There is also sexually inappropriate content.

David Simpson Grove, OK

I thought there would be a larger selection of older films and disappointed that there are very few hot new releases. Spend more time trying to find something good to watch or something we haven't already seen. Watch lots of average movies.

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

I have had Netflix service for many years. Generally their service has been top notch. I argue with their choice of streaming selections and believe there should be a separate login for "JUNK" that should not be accessible to children.

Adam Labrum ,

I love Netflix because they have such a high selection of tv series and movies to watch. There’s no ads either so I don’t have to get interrupted while watching.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix has great original shows, probably some of the best. The movie selection isn't that great though. In the past few months, the selection has gotten better but there are still not that many good movies. They are also continually raising prices. If you ever have any problems, it is hard to get ahold of them.

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

Netflix is a great platform. I like that it is fast, easy to use, user friendly, good variety of shows, and is fairly priced. I wish the limits on users was a little more flexible so that it is not quite as expensive.

Alex The Villages, FL

Shocked the reviews are so high. We are looking to replace it with something else. Largely we enjoy movies. For the most part the movies they offer are older movies, most of which we have seen. The other problem is there are no on screen audience rating such that you spend more time looking for something decent to watch than it's worth. Lately they have been rating the top ten movies (supposedly) that are available on Netflix. Pretty limited selection within the rated feature movies. Prime makes the process much easier in that all movies and series are rated on screen and ratings are not limited to the Netflix audience only. We simply look for something that looks interesting and limit our choices to features rated 4 stars or better, We have basically given up on Netflix. I called Netflix about this issue a few months ago and was told they are "working on something". Would love to hear suggestions about which of the steaming services is the best in terms of their offering's and the quality of their features. Thus far, Amazon Prime is our primary go to steaming service for the reasons mentioned above. We would be more than willing to pay more for newer movies.

Brielle Wright Logan, UT

Netflix is awesome because it has a vast amount of choices in quality shows and movies. It also has a very simple set up so it is easy to use. I like how you can create different profiles for each person in your family.