Netflix

Netflix Logo

Netflix

Plans starting at $8.99

Netflix was the leader in TV streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. They offer a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items.  Netflix has many original series, providing even more content to their subscribers.

The Good

• Large viewing selection
  • Free trial
  • Affordable price

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers.

Low Monthly Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices, charging $9.99/month.  If users want to stream on more than two devices they can pay $11.99/month plan.

Unlimited Streaming/Multiple Users

Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time.

30-day Free Trial

Netflix offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Customized Accounts and Controls

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Predictive Recommendation System

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched.

Netflix has a large list of benefits to their service.  They blazed the trail for streaming TV, and have an amazing selection for their subscribers.  As a part of their robust library, there is a great selection of Netflix Original Series, such as "Orange is the New Black", and "House of Cards".

In addition, the monthly price for Netflix subscribers is extremely reasonable, at $9.99 per month. Potential customers have the ability to try Netflix's services free for 30 days before signing up.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Fluid Streaming

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best.  Also, HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, and Ultra HD is only available on Premium.

Long Waiting Periods

With some of your favorite shows that are currently on air, subscribers may have to wait months or even a whole year before a series is made available.

Netflix does have a ton of great features but they also have a few drawbacks to their services.  Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows. Also, movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available.  You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.  Also, you have to pay more monthly for a higher viewing quality.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. In addition,  Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls.  The main drawback is streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

Lori
May 17th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

We use our Netflix account on a daily basis. We love the options for the kids and the great movies for me and my husband. The price is well worth it.

Allyce Jones
May 17th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Netflix has some great shows to watch every night without commercials for cheap.

Emily B.
May 17th, 2019 Provo, UT

Who doesn't love Netflix? Always there when I need it, never any technological glitches, and a wide range of entertainment options. It doesn't get better than that!

Scott
May 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Netflix has been a great addition to our monthly viewing. We really enjoy the old TV shows and past seasons of current shows available to stream. The price being low is just a bonus.

Preston KFowler
May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Netflix has come up with the great idea of creating original series originating only on Netflix, I have enjoyed shows such as Longmire and Stranger Things and I can say that they have really out done themselves.

Karrie
May 15th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

I don't know what we would do without Netflix. It is so convenient for our whole family, whether it is for the young kids with cartoons or me and my husband with a wide variety of movies and shows. I love the price and the ability to stream on multiple devices.

Craig
May 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Netflix is great. The aspect we use most is downloading movies for our kids when we travel. The ability to watch on multiple devices helps when people don't want to watch the same thing. The price is great for what you get. Get Netflix if you don't have it already.

BLF
May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Netflix is the streaming company I use to watch movies all the time. They have a great selection to choose from and have come out with some really good original movies.

betsy fowler
May 15th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I have been streaming Netflix for several years now and I really enjoy it. I have found numerous shows that I wouldn't have even been aware of were it not for teh suggestions. I have also enjoyed recommending shows to family members that also have Netflix. I do wish more of their "original" shows were a bit cleaner. It seems their own shows are quite mature in content and language.

Jeremy
May 14th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I couldn’t live without this. They have a great selection that gets updated well.

Kaleb Butikofer
May 14th, 2019 Kamas, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix!! My family has had Netflix since it first came out and was DVDs that they would mail to you in your mailbox, those were the days! Now it has come to even being on your nearest gaming console, and there are tons of them out there! There are tons of shows to choose from, all in all Netflix is a 10/10! And it’s so easy to sign up and cancel with just the click of a button.

Lauren Familia
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Netflix! It is awesome. It has a lot of great shows. I love how fast they get new shows on there. Netflix is awesome!

Kelcee Young
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

I feel that Netflix is the best and most convenient place to watch all of your favorite shows!!! I love all the shows they come out with and all the shows they have made by other companies!!! It is a great place!!!

Dean
May 14th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

Netflix is great! We love the price and the variety of shows for adults as well as children. It is a great addition to our television watching and enjoying movies. I would recommend them to everyone.

Sandra Salome
May 13th, 2019 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

About to cancel, already paying a lot for internet and cable, Now Netflix went up, I'm paying $17.... when it was $11 👎

Jennifer
May 10th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

We have had Netflix for many years now and have ALWAYS been happy with everything to do with it. The content is great and they offer a huge variety of shows and movies. The price is very good compared to what you get and if you have any questions their customer service department is always willing to help. I would recommend Netflix to absolutely anyone and everyone!

Reese
May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Netflix is a must have at our home. It is very inexpensive and has a wide variety of programs for everyone. I am happy that you can set up different users and put on restrictions on viewing. Also very good mobile app and I love the download option for trips.

Ashley Gneiting
May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Netflix is my favorite way to stream TV and movies. I like their variety of Netflix Originals like Stranger Things. It's easy to navigate and to have your own profile so that you can watch the shows you want to. Netflix has always been a reliable company that my whole family loves to use.

Ashley
May 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Netflix offers something for everyone in our family. For an affordable price we can stream 4 people at once so we decided to add my 83 year old mother to our family account who is amazed at what she can watch commercial free! I love that we can each set our own profile and I can watch what my kids are up to and monitor their shows and set limits and restrictions. We also enjoy Netflix originals such as House of Cards.

Tanner Esplin
May 6th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Netflix has been life saving for me. I am usually one that doesn’t buy movies, so a company that charges a monthly fee to watch good tv shows and movies has been great for me.

Allison Driggs
April 17th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I love netflicks. I love the documentaries and shows that are available to enjoy and entertain.

Madeline
April 15th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. I have used it for 4 years and it always has new movies and tv series.

Katie
April 15th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I really enjoy using Netflix not only because it allows me to view my favorite movies and shows from practically anywhere, but it also provides good recommendations based on what I've watched. Their algorithm for matching me with new shows is really well done.

Katelyn Connell
April 15th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

My husband and I enjoy Netflix and the variety of movies and TV shows they offer that fit our interests. We are always excited when one of the newer Marvel movies is available, which has been consistent. I wish there was an easy way to filter out the types of things that we would never watch and that we don't like to see in our browsing.

Jed Orlob
April 15th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Love all the content Netflix offers. Low prices as well great for family’s and a family plan I what I have. Also love how there’s a child filter!

Cole
April 15th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Netflix is great. Everyone loves Netflix. I don’t appreciate the constant nudity that comes out in their shows though.

Abby
April 15th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Netflix is great, they have an awesome selection of shows for a reasonable price! I have never experienced any issues with the way that Netflix works, it is always reliable and I love the constant updating of new shows!

Ashley
April 1st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

I really love this app and the choices to view on it. There is a large range from family movies, to thrillers.

Eliza Anne Jones
April 1st, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix does not have enough movies!!! Most of the times that I have gone on to search a movie I would like to watch, Netflix does not have it. Netflix is a great streaming site overall but needs to add many more movies. They have an app that is easy to use, and easy access and connection to VidAngel to help edit movies, however, they need a wider variety of shows.

Abby Driggs
March 26th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Has a lot of good TV series but hardly any good movies. I would definitely choose Amazon Prime over Netflix for movies. Only bummer is Amazon costs a little more.

Hannah Giles
February 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have had Netflix for several years and use it almost daily. I like the variety of shows and that they change/add to them often. It is very easy to use and search for shows and I like that the site shows me shows that are similar to what I am searching for.

Ava Rasmussen
February 14th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix it is my top choice when it comes to watching something I love whenever I want. Sometimes I will be searching for a movie or show and don’t get the results I want. Wish it had more selection.

Holly
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I love the Netflix originals , before they came I did feel like the selection was lacking. But I am much happier with the selection now . I don’t even pay for normal TV, Netflix keeps me plenty stocked

Pasimata
February 13th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

I love a lot of the Netflix original shows. I would give 5 stars, but you’re taking down Marvel shows, which I really enjoyed. Also, upping the price doesn’t seem appropriate when the CEO is making multi million dollars in profits.

Michelle Mortimer
February 13th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

I love it because the payment is very affordable and they do a lot of categories and watching options! It entertains all ages for hours and hours!

Michelle De Oliveira
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I have been using Netflix for a few years now and overall really like it. I appreciate that there are plenty of shows that my husband and I like ,as well as shows that our kids can watch. It helps get us through the long, cold winters in Utah!

Londyn Berrett
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

The service is reliable, the content is fresh, navigation is simple and the experience is clean. We are happy customers of Netflix. I do not like the price increases... particularly for loyal customers. I also feel like their personalization algorithms put you in too narrow of a niche.

Lexbigelow
February 13th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Love the variety of shows! Great quality and have been a customer since the beginning. Highly recommend there service.

Kilee De Oliveira
February 13th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix is cheap for everything it offers. There is a very wide selection of movies and TV shows to choose from. I would definitely recommend this streaming service.

Jonas De Olveira
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Our family uses Netflix a lot. Everyone in our family can find something they like to watch. Movies come quickly in the mail and the streaming works great.

Donna Evans
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I love love love Netflix! The different shows that are available are great! My favorite are the comedy shows.

David Mortimer
February 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Netflix has been a very good alternative to Air TV, but lately their original movies have been NR ratings. In reality it is Porn. I know I don't need to watch it and I don't. But it doesn't need to be an option.

Candice G
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We do not have regular TV just Netflix. I love how I can see what’s available and choose appropriate shows for my kids to watch. Al

Brian Scott
February 13th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

My family uses Netflix all the time. I really like that you can use it to watch movies on a variety of devices. They have a wide selection of shows and they are constantly adding new ones!

Angi
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Overall, we're happy with Netflix. However, I feel there is way to many trashy shows and low-budget movies that we'r have to wage through to find ones that we really want to watch. And what happened to the TV series Psych? I really wish that was still on Netflix! And I heard that they're raising the fees soon. We may have to rethink if it's worth it or not. Especially since we only watch and or two nights a week.

Abigail De Oliveira
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix, for a lot of reasons, including the show stranger things. I like how they have "netflix orginals" and other shows. I like how they have the kids section as well. I like the design and how easy to use it is.

wayne sanders
February 12th, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS

Having Netflix has been a great addition to the shows I can view. the cost is minimal and the variety of things to choose from is amazing. the only thing I wish that they did offer would be a selection of "edited" things to watch. sometimes its just to much with the language and explicit content. otherwise im very happy with the service.

Tamra
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I like the availability and selection. I understand price changes happen with every company, but their price hike seem to be higher than most.

Sarah Wright
February 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Netflix is so easy to use and is a great value. This has completely replace network TV for us. There is a lot of variety and we still are able to get the discs for movies they don't stream.

S Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

This is a great product and easy to use. I like the content for all ages and ability to limit access based on viewer age. The price point is also great for services rendered.