Netflix Logo

8.2

LAST UPDATED: May 27th, 2022

Netflix is a streaming giant and a leader in TV and video streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. It offers a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items. Netflix is continuing to expand its library of award winning original content.

YouTube Logo
#2 YouTube chevron_right
Amazon Prime Logo
#3 Amazon Prime chevron_right
Hulu Plus Logo
#4 Hulu Plus chevron_right

The Good

• Large Viewing Selection
  • Affordable Price
  • Easy of Use

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers. Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time. Netflix's original series (such as "Orange is the New Black", "Stranger Things", "Black Mirror", "House of Cards", or "Bojack Horseman") attract even more customers to choose Netflix as their streaming platform. Netflix tends to upload an entire season of a show at once instead of episode by episode. This is attractive for those who would prefer to binge-watch instead of waiting between episodes.

Affordable Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices. As of May 2019, its most basic monthly price is $8.99. Netflix also offers standard, premium, and family packages. These packages, which cost a few more dollars a month, provide better streaming quality and the availability to stream on multiple screens at once. This is great for families or friends who would like to share their account between multiple people.

Netflix also offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Easy of Use

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched. A user can search for something to watch by title or genre. The interface is extremely user-friendly and intuitive.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Long Waiting Periods

When a movie or TV show is released on traditional television or in the box office, it might take a month or up to a year to be available on Netflix. Netflix has have a lot of great features but it also has a few drawbacks to its services. Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows.

Content Changes

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream. Movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available. You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best. HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, but Ultra HD is only available on Premium. This higher viewing quality comes at a higher monthly price.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls. The main drawbacks are streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

For more information, check out the Netflix reviews from real customers below. Netflix consistently receives high ratings from the people who use its service.

sasha robinson Fort Wayne, IN

I like Netflix because you can catagorize what you watch, especially for kids. They have there user account to watch and so do I. I also like how the rate are low and affordable. Netflix is also good at exchanging out movies for others.

1 day ago

Mnm420 Clearwater, FL

I love binge watching shows like "You"and "Ozark" which are both only found on Netflix. The commercials are minimal, if any. The price is also reasonable at $15 a month, cancel anytime. Good selection of shows and movies...

17 hours ago

Dwayne Holland Toney, AL

I use Netflix because of the great selection of movies. I can view just about any kind of movie in mind. There's really not much need for customer service because i never have a problem with net Flix.i highly recommend it to everyone. Get it without any regrets. I love it

Christi henry Charlotte, NC

Netflix is a good source of entertainment when you are ready to settle down for the night with nothing else to do. I have to admit I spend about 20 sometimes 30 minutes scrolling through the titles looking for something before I settle on the movie, and then sometimes end up dumping it. I wish there was a way for it to be more organized. They just throw up movies and expect you to just know what they are all about. Better organization. It seems messy to me.

Francisco Silva Chicago, IL

Has a lot of content but it has been lagging a bit now. Other streaming services are getting better and quickly. The idea of not letting share the passwords is gonna doom them.

Jayne Dunn FL

I like Netflix but the prices are way too high and they can’t compete with companies like Amazon, who have Amazon Prime, who are more reasonable for me. Also, I feel they are limited with their availability of shows and movies. If they became more competitive with prices I would consider going back. But also they need to work on the slowness of the site at times.

MC Pearson Everett, WA

This company has a very user-friendly platform. A customer creates a list and that list is always available front and center when you open the application. I would recommend that they reconsider increasing their monthly rates annually, especially when profits are at an all-time high. It should be noted you need to either use a Google Chromecast or an Amazon fire stick to stream to your television. This is simply the ability to stream onto a computer tablet or laptop. If you wanna watch things on your television unless you have a very expensive television, you need a streaming device.

KW Phoenix, AZ

Netflix always has a great variety of shows and movies to watch. No matter what mood I'm in, I can almost always find something good to watch. I love their original series too. It's easy to navigate, easy to save things to watch later, and easy to search for specific shows or actors/actresses.

Craig Slist Oak Harbor, WA

Netflix is the KING of streaming platforms that others should follow if they hope to succeed. A few of the features I like are the ability to like or dislike a movie or show. This helps with the Netflix analytics to help pick other movies you may like and keeps those you wouldn't off your recommended list. Another bonus to the like or dislike feature is it allows you to quickly see if you have watched a movie before or not and is a feature some other major streaming services don't offer. Finally, Netflix is starting to make their own content via movies, comedy, shows, etc....I give Netflix 5 STARS!!!

Lisa Cato Lake City, FL

This streaming services has some oldies but goodies. They have original shows with lots of flair and great plots. I love it!! I also like the fact I can set guidelines for my minors.

Naturally Amari Memphis, TN

Netflix is a good movie website . I love how they recommend movies to me from some previous watched movies and some of my favorite movies . They alert me when new movies are coming and when my my favorite tv shows are adding new episodes. And they have good quality movies of their own that they create. And they are all enjoyable

HO1 Charles Town, WV

I started with Netflix way back when they were mailing DVD's and continued when they switched to streaming. They've always done a good job at providing the maximum convenience, big selection, and minimal cost. The only problem I've had is that they often push things they want you to see, and guess incorrectly at what you want to see, so sometimes I end up sifting through a bunch of stuff I'm not interested in to find movies I am interested in.

Mary Daniels Westland, MI

Netflix has allowed us to have moments alone and together watching movies and documentaries to pass the the time. Families can share quality time together or invite others to sit and enjoy laughter suspense or drama ! Let’s not forget the popcorn!

Kenneth Brooks Newburgh, IN

I like that Netflix keeps up with your progress when watching movies or series from whatever device you are reviewing from. I would like Netflix to be able to have more content, sometimes there is not much new stuff to watch.

Yooper Colorado Colorado Springs, CO

Mostly happy with this streaming company, the selection keeps getting better, the connection is mostly adequate (they have connection issues from time to time, they tell me that my connection is too slow, I have 730 megs down and 22 megs up) Should be enough I would think. The only other issue I have with them is the billing, they take my payment out of my credit card and for a few months at a time they take one month's charge out of my card and then comes a month where they miss charging me and the next month they take out 2 month's charges. Kind of confusing...

Orsion Gainesville, FL

This has to be one of my Favorite Streaming Platforms. Easy to use and loads of shows and movies to watch. Price isn't bad as well, although I wish they would do a 1 year membership instead of just monthly. No real complaints overall!

Jaelyn Morris Bonifay, FL

Streaming on Netflix is wonderful because they have such a wide variety of shows, movies, and documentaries to choose from. I also like how once you start watching shows and movies, Netflix creates a for you area, so you can find more things to watch from genres you are interested in.

Muneca Loca Brooklyn, NY

I Love my Netflix’s and probably can’t be without it but I wish they had more movie options. The price is going up because it’s a too streaming app for movies but it doesn’t brother me because honestly it’s better then paying cable. I gave this a 4 because I have a lot of time on my hands so I pretty much done watch everything on here. Also because they remove a-lot of movies and shows I really wish I can watch again.

Shon Scoville Lehi, UT

There is nothing like being able to sit on my couch and have access to thousands of movies and tv shows. netflix is so cheap and has almost anything I want. I also like that they email me a list of shows they are dropping and shows that are coming so I can plan.

JR Galvan Houston, TX

Netflix is getting too expensive, and the shows' quality has declined, also lots of shows and good movies have left the platform so there is less variety.

Randomperson Charleston, WV

I’ve watched many of the documentaries I am interested in but they have a lot of good documentaries

Ashlyn Elwood Roswell, GA

Netflix is by far my favorite streaming service although I'm not sure if it really qualifies for that title. When I think of streaming I tend to think of live shows and thats the only negative to Netflix... nothing is live. However, they are constantly adding the latest seasons to the most popular shows and they also have a wide variety of things you can watch. They even produce their own exclusive shows (Netflix Originals) which have great production quality and are incredibly binge-worthy. Netflix is in my opinion far ahead of the other streaming services in terms of the quantity and quality of shows they offer.

Kevin Blanchard Nashua, NH

I don't know if anyone will get this message. I offered to pay cash for services, they couldn't process it. I offered iPay, nope. Pay a year in advance, not having it. Payment through Fidium, no. Payment through Direct TV/AT&T, can't do it. Fire your CEO, your stock prices have plummeted, and the reason why is obvious. Signed, Very Rich Man, no longer able to be a customer.

Nycole Clementi WI

We have had netflix since 2016. Over the years the shows and options just kept getting worse. The majority of shows have subtitles or are in a different language. The have raised their prices consistently and promised new options. Fortunately we went with a different privider that has more options for same price.

Gia Regina Waco, TX

I absolutely love Netflix. Most of my favorite shows and movies are on Netflix. Netflix offers programming that is award winning, provocative and all out entertainment.

Keerthana Manivannan Santa Clara, CA

Who does not like Netflix? It's a great subscription service and they have pretty wide array of movies/shows. I do pick Netflix all the time over the other subscription streaming services, mainly because of their great UI. I prefer Netflix UI over ANY OTHER streaming service's UI. I love Netflix, and I love that they are low price for T-Mobile customers. Overall, I'm very happy with Netflix :)

Lauryn Pelch West Jordan, UT

I think that Netflix is a good way to stream a lot of good movies and TV shows. I think that overall it is a good price and good quality. I have found a lot of different things to watch and I also think that there is something for everyone.

Paula Pili Provo, UT

I choose to pay $17.99 a month plan because I wanted more of a family plan. It works! I have no qualms with Netflix. I decided to do away with cable it was getting way too expensive. Netflix does come free for T-Mobile customers however, just the personal plan. There are a growing number of “free apps” I could use however, what is keeping me here is the Korean Drama spread they produce. Netflix has grown quite a bit! Plans start as low as $7.99 There’s no contract and you can upgrade or downgrade pretty easily. Never had any issues to be honest.

Bob Trammell Los Angeles, CA

Netflix is very easy to use and has no commercials (unlike standard Hulu). It has an excellent selection of movies and shows, both old and new that can be accessed by PC, TV, Smartphone, or tablet. We access them on our TV using Apple TV, as the interface is easier than the one built into our Smart TV. We never see messages that our shows are buffering, access is always fast.

Angie San Antonio, TX

I love the prices, and the fact that you have the choice to have more than one device. Hooked on Netflix. The series are amazing.

Erica Parfitt Hamilton, ON

I have to admit that I do enjoy many shows.. However... I was just sent an email telling me that the membership was going up again. From 14.99+hst/month to $16.49+hst/ month... $2 more. I am getting pretty sick of this.. EVERY SINGLE YEAR IT GOES UP $2 LIKE SERIOUSLY GUYS??? give it a rest.. You claim its to give us better quality and content.. Well.. I certainly didn't see the better content or quality last year with the new higher prices. And.. I'm sure it will be the same this time.

Emily Swierczynski Waterford, MI

I love netflix. They have great shows that they create themselves, and out of all the streaming services we subscribe to nothing compares to it's speed.

enelson3903 Bowie, MD

I really have enjoyed Netflix original shows. They have a wide selection and always seem to update content weekly. The only problem is prices continue to go up making the cost per month more expensive.

Mario Martin Houston, TX

This movie service experience has definitely surpassed my personal expectations. I started using Netflix about 15 years ago and my movie watching experience has grown exponentially. I've added Netflix to my phone and tablet for my movie viewing convenience. Now, I'm not sure what life would be like without Netflix!

Naja W Napa, CA

I have been using Netflix for the past 10 years or so. Netflix has gotten so much better with time. I especially have been enjoying the all of the sitcoms that have been added.

Chad Edgar Halifax, VA

I use Netflix all the time it's got a good movies continuously every month I can never get bored with it many different categories to choose from many wonderful movies to watch

Taylor Jorgensen Herriman, UT

I love being able to stream lots of movies and tv shows! My only problem is there are a lot of shows that are rated TV-MA. I wish there were more shows that are more appropriate.

AlisaD Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix is my favorite streaming service. Huge variety of shows and movies to watch. Lots of appropriate kid shows too. We love using the parental controls so we know our kids are watching approved media.

Connor Smith Orlando, FL

I have been a Netflix subscriber for many years now. I enjoy being able to access the service from my cable service, phone, and laptop. Netflix offers a huge selection of movies and shows that I enjoy. I like that multiple people in my family can log in.

Aubrey Dallas, TX

Everybody loves Netflix, but recently, I've been really impressed with Netflix original t.v. shows. I can't believe how good some of the story lines are for not being on commercial tv, queens gambit is my favorite right now. I own other streaming services but Netflix is definitely the best price for how many shows you receive.

KG Lebanon, NJ

Netflix is great because they starting streaming sitcoms from when I was growing up. It's great to watch shows like saved by the bell and sister sister. It brings me back and its nostalgic. They also have great movies and a variety to pick from. I am very happy with Netflix!

Noureddine Lalami Brentwood, CA

Netflix has a huge selections of movies and shows to offer. And recently, they started coming out with their own movies and shows and they are among some of the best movies and shows out there. Being able to download movies and shows is a plus.

Rebecca D

What can I say? I adore Netflix! They have so many new shows added every month and their Netflix series are unparalleled. You could say I’m a Netflix binger. Even though they raise their prices slightly it’s still worth the money.

Morgan Elijah Tallahassee, FL

I love Netflix! I especially love not having to purchase cable and the availability to watch whatever I want to whenever. The only downside that I can remotely think of is the increase in prices recently, But otherwise, Netflix is one of my favorite streaming services.

sunday toler Matthews, NC

I LOVE Netflix and so does my entire family. They have an awesome collection of TV shows, movies, documentaries to name a few. The price has increased but isn’t too high to date. The site is very user friendly and truly is my go-to entertainment on the daily. I love that I can watch from any device so no matter where I am I aways have something to watch. I would highly recommend. Streaming is the future. I would never pay for direct TV or companies like that when less expensive options are readily available.

Debora Paez Columbia, MO

I think of Netflix as the original movie/series streaming service that has been most accessible after movie rental stores. I loved how it worked when you could rent CDs and get them delivered through mail. When this feature went away, Netflix somehow managed to trump that and stay relevant compared to its competitors! The other great features of the service are the "play something" feature, the personalized profiles, easy to navigate on the website and in the app, and the wide variety of languages content is in. The only feature I would consider a flaw is the way Netflix removes certain content to be able to add new content.

carole abel Palm Coast, FL

i discovered netflix from my daughter in 2017 to watch stranger things. i really enjoy the variety of programs, especially cooking show. Somebody feed phil is awesome and i watch it over and over. The cost of the subsription is very low and is on my cable provider's list of streaming services so we can view it anywhere, anytime. Netflix is constantly updating its content so it has been great during Covid isolation.

Crystal-lee Nunez Queens, NY

netflixs is very easy to use. you can find what you need and barely use customer support

KimDugan Kailua, HI

Netflix has stood the test of time by adding and growing streaming options. There are movies and TV shows new and old as well as Netflix originals that branch across the genres. I think of the streaming platforms, Netflix has the cleanest interface and most user-friendly format. Where Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus require a longer navigation to the search bar, Netflix search function is accessible from every row of shows/movies. The only downside to Netflix is it seems to have faster turnover rates for content - meaning that some streaming options are not available for as long (I assume due to licensing limitations, etc.) as other platforms, but it varies. I'm heartbroken when a lot of the options are pulled, but ultimately, I think of all of the streaming platforms, Netflix is the one that definitely will not go anywhere.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

As streaming becomes the main way to watch TV, Netflix is kind of where you start. Several hundred hours of quality shows await. Series, movies, documentaries, and stand up comedy concerts. I watched 2 seasons of Daredevil, 2 seasons of Luke Cage, 1 season each of Jessica Jones and Iron Fist just to watch the Defenders mini series. Then back to watch a 3rd season of Daredevil, 2nd and 3rd seasons of Jessica Jones and 1 more of Iron Fist. That is well over 100 hours of tv alone! Pricing seems low for the value. Never dealt with customer service because I have never had a problem in 8 years. Highly recommended.