Netflix Logo

8.3

LAST UPDATED: November 26th, 2022

Netflix is a streaming giant and a leader in TV and video streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. It offers a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items. Netflix is continuing to expand its library of award winning original content.

YouTube Logo
#2 YouTube chevron_right
Amazon Prime Logo
#3 Amazon Prime chevron_right
Hulu Plus Logo
#4 Hulu Plus chevron_right

The Good

• Large Viewing Selection
  • Affordable Price
  • Easy of Use

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers. Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time. Netflix's original series (such as "Orange is the New Black", "Stranger Things", "Black Mirror", "House of Cards", or "Bojack Horseman") attract even more customers to choose Netflix as their streaming platform. Netflix tends to upload an entire season of a show at once instead of episode by episode. This is attractive for those who would prefer to binge-watch instead of waiting between episodes.

Affordable Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices. As of May 2019, its most basic monthly price is $8.99. Netflix also offers standard, premium, and family packages. These packages, which cost a few more dollars a month, provide better streaming quality and the availability to stream on multiple screens at once. This is great for families or friends who would like to share their account between multiple people.

Netflix also offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Easy of Use

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched. A user can search for something to watch by title or genre. The interface is extremely user-friendly and intuitive.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Long Waiting Periods

When a movie or TV show is released on traditional television or in the box office, it might take a month or up to a year to be available on Netflix. Netflix has have a lot of great features but it also has a few drawbacks to its services. Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows.

Content Changes

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream. Movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available. You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best. HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, but Ultra HD is only available on Premium. This higher viewing quality comes at a higher monthly price.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls. The main drawbacks are streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

For more information, check out the Netflix reviews from real customers below. Netflix consistently receives high ratings from the people who use its service.

Amanda N Blake Maxwell Harriman, TN

I’ve had Netflix for over 8 years. I love it so much that I stopped my cable package && just kept my Wi-Fi because it was literally all we ever use now. They have a great selection of movies && TV shows. They always have new releases so you should be able to find something you haven’t seen before because they do always add new movies && TV shows. They also have amazing customer service. Out of all the years I’ve had them I have only had to reach out twice. (Both my own fault not NetFlix’s. They helped me with the situation very fast && correctly! I’ve had other streaming services but, Netflix is by far my favorite. I think I’ve tried them all && I have only kept Netflix && Amazon Prime. I don’t really use Amazon for watching movies. I just use it for fast shipping && other prime benefits. I will continue to keep Netflix for sure! I love the selection they have && how easy it is to navigate on my smart TV && phone. Others places just really can’t compare. One thing I don’t like about Netflix is that they went up on their prices && before the price was great! Hopefully they don’t go up anymore because that’s the one thing that will cost them a wonderful customer.

Claudia Ruiz Hialeah, FL

The Netflix platform is very good in content, they update movies, series, documentaries, etc. almost daily. The quality is very good and the prices so far are affordable, I have not found another platform that offers me something better than Netflix, I recommend it 100%

Karenza R St Louis, MO

Love Netflix always have new shows and movies. I just think if I’m paying for a membership for four devices, then it shouldn’t matter if it’s in my house or my sons house y’all make enough money and people are trying to cut costs and help each other out. The every day living is so expensive these days and the pay at some jobs aren’t enough.

CJ Little Rock, AR

Netflix has an awesome library for a new user but lately the shows have become uninteresting to me. I am a 63 yo f and not interested in vampires, witches, demons or zombies. There is a lot of that to choose from. I found Peaky Blinders, Out-lander, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul to be great shows. Loved House of Cards, Ozark and Queen's Gambit! More of this please. Great original content. The service is easily accessed, no streaming problems ever. Loads quickly and easy to navigate the page to choose your selection, save etc. Customer service is good. The web page is easy to use too.

b. ellena Kansas City, MO

I have to say that Netflix used to ALWAYS be my Top Streaming platform to watch, but for a while there it seems that there was nothing new for me to watch that was of interest. I have noticed over the past few months though that the number of viable options for me to choose from have grown exponentially! Keep up the good work Netflix & keep those True Crime Documentaries coming!

JR Parrish Lexington, NC

Have been using Netflix for s long time since they were a mail order DVD company. And still watch them today and still discovering new shows and movies that I wouldn't have been into wheil.i was a kid. And tbh I dont get why Netflix is getting all the hate it is. People need to realize Netflix is an icon and paved the way for many of our streaming sites we have today. If Netflix were to just up and stop its company just know that it would go out as a legend and never forgotten like its predecessor blockbuster. I would really hate that tbh. Cause rn netflix has got me back into binge watching shows and am currently watching The Sandman by Neil Gaiman. Might even start reading the books to. So thank you Netflix.

Dkn West Valley City, UT

The price continues to go up which is a joke! The selection of available movies isn't great, but they have a lot of Netflix originals to wade through. Some of their content is woke and I would never let my kids near it.

Sandra Waltrip League City, TX

I was getting dish net work and as long as I was on dish my Netflix ran fine. I have an insignia with Roku. Since I have been using my TV with my Internet service the Netflix was not working so I reloaded it! I’ve done everything the Internet said to do because it stalls, freezes up kicks you out of there. The format is different also! I don’t like that it’s playing trailers on shows that I don’t want and it’s like it’s got a mind of its own!!!! I don’t know when they reformatted it or did the last update but they got too much crap on here now it doesn’t run right ! And when I say crap I don’t mean the shows I mean the stuff that’s running by itself! It’s kind of like apps running in the background of your computer. It’s got stuff running that shouldn’t be running. And I have to wait forever for something to download! I am not having problems with any of my other streaming apps! Roku, Disney, Hulu, Prime they are all running great! I am very disappointed!

G.J. Boise, ID

We have had Netflix for many years. The price was $6.99=when we first got our Netflix account. It has slowly increased over the years. I understand that everything has to increase to keep up with the times. My only problem with the increase amount that they are charging us they have dropped some of the older movies that we like to watch. I understand they have to have the new movie which is fine but I wish they would still have the older ones. Over all it is still cheaper than going to the movies theater.

Luke Wilhelm Saginaw, MI

Prices hikes always bite. At least Netflix tries to keep a basic package though. The content is generally good however there are occasions where the new content is not great. Overall I still love Netflix with them for over 8 years straight.

Shaterria N Fort Lauderdale, FL

Netflix is a great app with lots of entertainment. You might think, why pay for Netflix while you can watch free on ur TV? Why, because Netflix has shows, movies and more, other apps or ur own TV, doesn't have! It's really fun and easy because, it picks out films for u, based on ur choices! It also sorts out films by there genre, so it's easy to find what you wanna watch! I really recommend! Love you, Netflix!

Mountainlife4sure Denver, CO

Netflix is a good streaming service. Better than most others. The problem is the do not have enough fresh content. Even the new movies are old. So with more new content... They can get 5 stars 🤩🤩

Gina Donofrio

Netflix is a fantastic platform for a myriad of genres of movies, shows, Documentaries, and much more. Though I haven't had the opportunity to speak with a representative is a good thing. It means I've had no problems.

Debbie Hall Las Vegas, NV

Netflix streaming always works, and I have no problem with buffering. As for programming and content, I watch its original programming and did watch some older series during the pandemic. I am not a fan of the movies it offers, and I get a better selection on other streaming services.

Who Knows Baltimore, MD

Netflix is an amazing application! With great monthly prices, you can watch thousands of very popular shows. Plus their customer service is amazing. I would absolutely recommend to friends and family!

Lisa Anne Littleton, CO

Love Netflix, this absolutely saved me during staying at home or evenings in with my family. I love how they always have new shows and docuseries to chose from. Definitely my go to for a night in!

Rachel Porter Chicago, IL

I've had Netflix since its inception when the company mailed DVDs to customers who would mail those DVDs back after reviewing. The process would on like that until streaming became the only available membership package. I'd say that Netflix is a great and pioneering company. In all the years I've been a customer, I cannot remember any dissatisfaction for the company or its services. The only reason I did not give it a t star rating is because it has removed programming without notice to the customer which can be frustrating.

kay burgos Niagara Falls, NY

I love Netflix! Has a variety of movies to watch with family and my kids.

Emma Rodriguez

Netflix has good original shows but they have a bad habit of canceling their show after 1 season, even if they are good.

Shantel Palomino Wickliffe, OH

I'm so excited I picked Netflix all my favorite movies and even new one right at my finger tips I've enjoyed this for years now and so will you

Carl Price Oklahoma City, OK

Had a great experience with Netflix. Great choice of movies and shows. Always happy with what I have watched. Categoried viewing for all ages. A++

nettie maureen tompkins Houston, TX

I find Netflex to be an excellent source of entertainment. They offer a good variety of programs for the whole family.

Jessica McAdory Plano, TX

Sometimes you get continual new shows to watch or get hooked on a series that promisses new shows that take too long to come back. the price of netflix is getting to be too expensive.

Bridget Walker Gulfport, MS

Netflix is one of the best streaming companies in the world. You can find just about any movie or TV show you could possibly think of. It's very affordable and you can watch it on any device you own.

Marisa K Miami, FL

I wish they had more options but LOVE series such as STRANGER THINGS, A hand maidens tale, lots of old-but-goodies such as good fellas, Mr. Ripley. At least they dont try to get more money off u by charging4 certain tv series or movies!

Oka Gainesville, GA

I gotta say, Netflix is getting A LOT better, considering the good series' and movies they're adding. I absolutely love the documentaries they add, like Scientology, Seaspiracy, The Social Dilemma, The Minimalists, Expedition Happiness, and much more. I watch One Piece, One Punch Man, Criminal Minds, Attack on Titan, Supernatural, Stranger Things, DeathNote, the list goes on, okay, I love Netflix. These bollywood and foreign movies are super cringey though, they can be a little annoying to be honest, but it's cool I guess.

Kim Boyles Wilson, NC

I ve had Netflix for many years now and enjoy the range of and selection it provides of movies and shows. It's up to date and adds new movies a s newest seasons of more and more weekly. There's entertainment for everyone in my family and fir all ages.

Natalia Jayy Piscataway, NJ

Absolutely love the expanding variety that Netflix produces and offers.

Craig Slist Oak Harbor, WA

Netflix is the KING of streaming platforms that others should follow if they hope to succeed. A few of the features I like are the ability to like or dislike a movie or show. This helps with the Netflix analytics to help pick other movies you may like and keeps those you wouldn't off your recommended list. Another bonus to the like or dislike feature is it allows you to quickly see if you have watched a movie before or not and is a feature some other major streaming services don't offer. Finally, Netflix is starting to make their own content via movies, comedy, shows, etc....I give Netflix 5 STARS!!!

Ashlyn Elwood Roswell, GA

Netflix is by far my favorite streaming service although I'm not sure if it really qualifies for that title. When I think of streaming I tend to think of live shows and thats the only negative to Netflix... nothing is live. However, they are constantly adding the latest seasons to the most popular shows and they also have a wide variety of things you can watch. They even produce their own exclusive shows (Netflix Originals) which have great production quality and are incredibly binge-worthy. Netflix is in my opinion far ahead of the other streaming services in terms of the quantity and quality of shows they offer.

Jineice Hamlett The Bronx, NY

Netflix I say is number one you watch your favorite movies t.v shows documentaries I love Netflix I love Netflix

Rhonda Grant Ringgold, GA

Netflix is the best to me out of all the streaming channels. It’s a great price for the great shows they have . I can be entertained for hours watching it

Jennifer Coman Jackson, TN

The selection of programs have become increasingly less interesting. There aren’t many Netflix original movies or series. There are plenty of international movies to watch but the dubbing is horrible.

GymG Hoffman Estates, IL

Netflix was amazing however lately it’s been difficult to navigate and figure out what to watch, I wish there was a social aspect to it so I can see what my friends recommend and their ratings.

Lauren San Antonio, TX

Netflix offers lots of great choices when it comes to watching streaming content. I love how all the episodes in a season are released at the same time.

You Columbus, OH

Netflix continues to impress with an overwhelming catalogue of hit shows and movies that continually expands.great value for the money and a wonderful streaming service.

Kmzokie Tulsa, OK

I love this service and how they recommend shows for you and they have a great selection of series and movies. I have always enjoyed the service and the price is excellent.

C. Lynch Chicago, IL

Netflix has a large variety of content available, which I appreciate, I just wish there were more warning in the app for when things are leaving—too many times I've gone looking for something that I remember being on Netflix before to find it's been cycled out. I would recommend Netflix to anyone who doesn't already have it though.

sasha robinson Fort Wayne, IN

I like Netflix because you can catagorize what you watch, especially for kids. They have there user account to watch and so do I. I also like how the rate are low and affordable. Netflix is also good at exchanging out movies for others.

Dwayne Holland Toney, AL

I use Netflix because of the great selection of movies. I can view just about any kind of movie in mind. There's really not much need for customer service because i never have a problem with net Flix.i highly recommend it to everyone. Get it without any regrets. I love it

Christi henry Charlotte, NC

Netflix is a good source of entertainment when you are ready to settle down for the night with nothing else to do. I have to admit I spend about 20 sometimes 30 minutes scrolling through the titles looking for something before I settle on the movie, and then sometimes end up dumping it. I wish there was a way for it to be more organized. They just throw up movies and expect you to just know what they are all about. Better organization. It seems messy to me.

Jayne Dunn FL

I like Netflix but the prices are way too high and they can’t compete with companies like Amazon, who have Amazon Prime, who are more reasonable for me. Also, I feel they are limited with their availability of shows and movies. If they became more competitive with prices I would consider going back. But also they need to work on the slowness of the site at times.

MC Pearson Everett, WA

This company has a very user-friendly platform. A customer creates a list and that list is always available front and center when you open the application. I would recommend that they reconsider increasing their monthly rates annually, especially when profits are at an all-time high. It should be noted you need to either use a Google Chromecast or an Amazon fire stick to stream to your television. This is simply the ability to stream onto a computer tablet or laptop. If you wanna watch things on your television unless you have a very expensive television, you need a streaming device.

KW Phoenix, AZ

Netflix always has a great variety of shows and movies to watch. No matter what mood I'm in, I can almost always find something good to watch. I love their original series too. It's easy to navigate, easy to save things to watch later, and easy to search for specific shows or actors/actresses.

HO1 Charles Town, WV

I started with Netflix way back when they were mailing DVD's and continued when they switched to streaming. They've always done a good job at providing the maximum convenience, big selection, and minimal cost. The only problem I've had is that they often push things they want you to see, and guess incorrectly at what you want to see, so sometimes I end up sifting through a bunch of stuff I'm not interested in to find movies I am interested in.

Melissa Holcomb Portland, OR

Great service for the price. I wish they would show the series Yellowstone though!

Paula Pili Provo, UT

I choose to pay $17.99 a month plan because I wanted more of a family plan. It works! I have no qualms with Netflix. I decided to do away with cable it was getting way too expensive. Netflix does come free for T-Mobile customers however, just the personal plan. There are a growing number of “free apps” I could use however, what is keeping me here is the Korean Drama spread they produce. Netflix has grown quite a bit! Plans start as low as $7.99 There’s no contract and you can upgrade or downgrade pretty easily. Never had any issues to be honest.

Bob Trammell Los Angeles, CA

Netflix is very easy to use and has no commercials (unlike standard Hulu). It has an excellent selection of movies and shows, both old and new that can be accessed by PC, TV, Smartphone, or tablet. We access them on our TV using Apple TV, as the interface is easier than the one built into our Smart TV. We never see messages that our shows are buffering, access is always fast.

Gail Mann Charlotte, NC

Netflix allows me the opportunity to see movies I am not able to see at the movies

J Allen Pensacola, FL

I very much enjoy using Netflix. Site is easy to use. Netflix Originals are great to watch.