HuluPlus is the paid subscription version of Hulu, which has a vast library of free TV shows for viewing. Hulu was originally started by the heads of the four major TV networks (FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS), and thereby HuluPlus has a large selection, and in some cases exclusive access, of the shows that air on those networks.

#1 Netflix chevron_right
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
#3 YouTube chevron_right

The Good

• Watch shows the day after they aired
  • International series available
  • Age specific content for children

Currently Airing Content

HuluPlus has currently airing content available to watch the day after the show airs on TV if you have a subscription with a satellite or cable provider.

International Content

HuluPlus has access to exclusive international content such as Latino, British, and Korean TV shows and movies.  In total, over 450 international series are on HuluPlus.

Children Specific Services

HuluPlus also created a service specifically designed to entertain children. Hulu has separated shows depending on the child's age, helping subscribers find appropriate content for the entire family.

Large Library and Original Series

To date, HuluPlus has over 870 TV series and 2,600+ movies. In addition, HuluPlus has produced original content, including Battleground, The Awesomes, and Quick Draw.

Although there are many great benefits to HuluPlus's streaming TV services, their main advantage is their large selection of content for users to view.  Not only do they have a large library of TV series and movies, but HuluPlus has access to exclusive international content and has their own original series.  In addition, users can view shows that are currently airing on TV, the day after, through HuluPlus.

The Bad

• Commercials and ads
  • TV subscription for optimal viewing

Commercials and Ads

Even though users are paying a monthly fee, users still have to endure commercials and ads while viewing, unless they upgrade their account. The standard account costs $7.99, which is very affordable. To upgrade to the premium account that is commercial free costs $11.99.

Day After Viewing only With Paid TV Subscription:

Users need a paid TV subscription to be able to access some TV shows on HuluPlus the day after they were on TV. If subscribers don't have a paid TV subscription, they won't have access to this content for 8 to 30 days.

Inconsistent Availability

Content on HuluPlus is inconsistent.  Some TV series have all seasons while some only have certain seasons in a series available for viewing. Hulu Plus does have a few drawbacks to note before making a decision on which streaming TV service to use.  The main drawback is that users have to sit through commercials and ads while viewing unless they pay more per month.  With Netflix, users don't have to pay more to view content with no ads, all viewing is ad free. Also, users have to have a TV subscription in order to watch some of the newest content that is currently airing on TV.  So, although HuluPlus brags about having the newest TV episodes, you can only view them if you are paying for TV. View Top Rated Companies

The Bottom Line

For those who want to see shows that are currently airing on television, HuluPlus may be an interesting streaming option that allows subscribers to see the latest content. Current subscribers recommend that before signing up, make sure to check how the recent rule changes will affect you. For some subscribers, they will be better off finding a TV to watch your favorite shows on, since they already subscribe to a paid TV provider.

We recommend reviewing the top rated companies before making a final decision.

Desi
October 18th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love Hulu Plus!! Sometimes Netflix doesn't always have the shows/movies that I want so Hulu is a great way to go!! I love watching cartoons and animes on here!!

Cameron Clark
October 15th, 2019 Provo, UT

I love the selection and access to all of my favorite tv shows. I am considering switching over from Netflix!

Adam
October 14th, 2019 DETAILS

The fact that I can get HBO and Showtime through Hulu is amazing

Steve Galvan
October 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Great service and ok prices and great lineup of movies and shows

sydney clark
October 14th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I love Hulu! It has all of my favorite shows like This is Us for a great price! So awesome!

Tony Gibson
October 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We love Hulu Plus. We cut the cord and got away from cable and satellite quite a while ago and Hulu is part of the reason we felt like we could. We can still catch current shows right away and not have to wait for them to get onto another service at the end of the season. I do wish they would keep shows a little bit longer (and not just 5 episodes in many cases), but it has been great.

Sydney Boren
October 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I just started using Hulu, and I love it. It keeps me up to date on all of my favorite shows.

Cassandra
October 11th, 2019 Sunnyvale, CA DETAILS

Hulu Live is great! You can watch all your favorite live shows and movies for a great price! My only complaint is the Hulu app on TV is not the best. It always closes out or freezes.

Summer Hiatt
October 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Hulu Plus has such great movies and I can't find anywhere else. Price is really good and you're definitely getting your moneys worth!

Lesa Stewart
October 10th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

I can find all the movie and shows I want i one place. Thank you Hulu Plus. We have had hours of fun watching Hulu Plus. Lesa

ave
October 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love my subscription with Hulu!!! It streams some of my favorite shows and without the commercial interruptions. One thing that I don't like is that it buffers a little bit and pauses.

Zac Marx
October 8th, 2019 Brighton, CO DETAILS

Hulu Plus is really good for the movies and shows that Netflix and Amazon Prime don't have. I really enjoy Hulu Plus, and use it often.

October 7th, 2019 DETAILS

We purchase this because it has both live shows as well as series that are just amazing.

erin
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

hulu is a pretty average streaming service. you get good shows and movies for a good price with minimal mistakes. it’s pretty okay to navigate through and wasn’t a hassle. very good service not bad not amazing just good

April
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

My family loves HuluPlus! I appreciate how it gives college students a discount, and my daughter, a current college student, was very pleased to find this website convenient, accessible, and affordable! Easy to use and provides quality content.

Amy
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Hulu is great when I want to watch some of the current shows. I don't love that they only keep them on for a short time. Sometimes I go in and they will have a few of the episodes but skip some of the ones in the middle of the season. It is frustrating. I love that I don't have to watch commercials or ads. Overall I like it.

Jami Howell
October 7th, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS

I love how they have expanded to have live sports and give you the flexibility to put it on hold if you want to take a month or more off from paying for their services.

Ellie
October 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Hulu it’s really good! They have different contents for everyone. Really cool. Just try it

Dekiah1
October 7th, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Ok I mainly get Hulu love for football season but lately I’ve just loved seeing the latest seasons and love episodes that I’m kind of hooked...although it is a little pricey.

Monica Bertha
October 4th, 2019 Encinitas, CA DETAILS

I like that Hulu comes out with the episodes the day after unlike Netflix that takes forever so that’s a great plus!

Ellen Morris
October 4th, 2019 Potomac, MD DETAILS

Hulu is great because its easy to use and keeps me updated through the dashboard on which shows I regularly watch have new episodes - this keep its organized and I love that! I also appreciate that they have been very consistent at keeping certain shows on their platform.

Stephen Cann
October 3rd, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Great service. They've done a really good job of differentiating themselves from Netflix and Amazon Video... The focus more on network TV is a great niche.

Don Boren
October 3rd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I like that some shows that I liked went to Hulu to finish the series like Community and The Mindy Project. Sometimes the streaming buffers a lot.

Ashlyn Cann
October 3rd, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

I am a recent user of hulu and love it. There are almost all of the shows that I like to watch. My only complaint is try that they don't carry the CW.

Lizzie Smith
October 3rd, 2019 Midvale, UT DETAILS

Worth every dollar for How I Met Your Mother and This Is Us alone. Not as easy to use as Netflix, but it’s AMAZING ato watch shows day after #bachelor

Cynthia Carman
October 2nd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Hulu is awesome, but it is unfortunate because Hulu doesn't have very many selections of interesting TV shows and movies.

Amy Boren
October 2nd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

It has been very convenient and easy to use. Very easy to transfer from tv or device and to take on vacation. Sometimes it buffers a little but overall a good investment.

Jaime
October 1st, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I have had a subscription to Hulu for the past year, and have loved it! It is so nice to be able to stream past shows plus current shows that I may not be able to watch live! I have cable also, but the other day my DVR messed up and didn't record a show I wanted to see. I was able to go on Hulu and stream the episode I missed! I love that I can watch Hulu on my iPad or phone... so convenient!

Miles Strother
September 30th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Hulu is a good streaming service with several TV shows that are difficult to find on other streaming services, like Brooklyn 99, although it's overall selection is just okay. It also provides access to ESPN, which is a great deal, especially considering you can get Hulu from using Spotify.

bailey jo
September 27th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

We love Hulu at our house! we didn't want the hassle and price that went along with direct tv and dish. Hulu allows us to watch all the shows we want AND SPORTS. I hated the idea of paying so much money and not getting channels we wanted. with Hulu live sports, we can watch all of our games without the ugly price of direct tv and dish!

Ted Johnson
September 23rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Hulu Plus has been a great source of entertainment for me. They have so many shows to choose from and that interest me. They have the popular and recent shows as well and I love the convenience and easy of using the service and finding what I want.

Alyssa Boren
September 23rd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

There are way too many ads that play in the middle of shows. Sometimes after it shows an ad it skips part of the show I am watching so I miss parts of what I'm watching.

Helen Macfarlane
September 19th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We've had a great time watching some of our families favorite shows together because of Hulu. Love the selection, quality, and format.

Madison Scott
September 16th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Just when you are frustrated with your TV provider in steps Hulu Plus and all things are set right again. We love Hulu. We have everything we want at our fingertips, even when we aren't at home.

Hally Bellary
September 16th, 2019 DETAILS

Hulu is awesome, especially for the live tv that is streaming right now, you don't have to wait for the entire season to premiere which is awesome and so nice. I would pay this much to watch it.

Joy Hill
September 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

Hulu Plus is nice to have and really easy to use. There are so many different shows/movies to pick from as well. Customer service is great!

kristin Gneiting
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Signed up for Hulu Plus as part of a promotion, to try it out and ended up staying. It is the same price or better than other subscriptions, but offers better options for movies and also, has the most recent tv shows. I can watch it on my mobile devices and it has real good quality and there is no equipment that I have to install or wait for.

Campbell Blair
September 4th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Hulu is awesome and has so many good shows. I appreciate that you don't have to wait until the entire season is over to watch a show.

Scotlynn Blair
August 28th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

I almost prefer Hulu over Netflix except that you can't download anything. But I think it has more relevant options

Landon Robison
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I have been a hulu plus subscriber for about 6 months now. Overall they have a good collection of tv shows, but I have experienced quite a few technical issues such as long load times and buffering.

Sarah
August 22nd, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

No matter how much you pay, you will always get ads. It's absolutely horrendous that the amount of ads only changes slightly from each level of payment that you do for Hulu. I immediately upgraded to Hulu plus because of how deeply their 80 second commercials bothered me and was horrified to find that i still got ads! I've never seen a company get away with treating their customers as horribly as Hulu does and am completely unhappy with their streaming services. From now on I will only be using Netflix and will find all of the shows that are "exclusively" on Hulu elsewhere. It's not hard.

Sage Robertson
August 5th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Hulu Plus is great! They have a great student discount that has great prices!!!!

Tracy Womack
July 29th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Hulu is awesome. I really like that it has new movies added frequently and that is great. It's nice because there are movies on Hulu that aren't on Netflix.

Mazi Marcel Womack
July 22nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

I love Hulu Plus. No commercials. And even better, its at a great affordable price.

Keeli Hansen
July 22nd, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

Hulu is great because they have little to no commercials and they have shows that are on TV at the same time

Brooklyn May
July 11th, 2019 Logan, UT

Lots of good tv shows. Just wish they would have the very first seasons of different series. And not just the latest seasons.

Breanne Stanko
July 9th, 2019 Logan, UT

I love how Hulu has new tv series on and the new episodes come out really fast. The only thin I’m disappointed in is that the fact that if I wanted to start a season very often then not they don’t even have the first couples seasons available. It’s makes it super hard to watch anything new.

Lauren
July 3rd, 2019 Hyrum, UT DETAILS

I love my hulu plus service. I love the extra content available to me. I wish there were less adds. Being able to watch some shows others can’t on Hulu is nice. Lots of options. Especially love The Handsmaid Tale great show and just waiting for other season to come out.

matthew
July 1st, 2019 Logan, UT

i dont have hulu but my fiances sister does and we sometimes will watch some stuff on hulu on her account and they have some pretty good tv shows to watch and most of their movies are way good.

Jason
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I use Hulu to stream TV because I get to watch shows that I can't get from other companies.