Google Play Logo

6.4

LAST UPDATED: October 18th, 2021
Google Play is an efficient way to buy or rent what you love to watch. Google Play makes transferring your movies quick and easy, it also gives you the option to watch your library on the go. You can save purchased movies on multiple devices, allowing you to view movies, even if you are unable to connect to the internet.

Netflix Logo
#1 Netflix chevron_right
Amazon Prime Logo
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
YouTube Logo
#3 YouTube chevron_right

The Good

• Access to content anywhere
  • Save content to five devices
  • Parental controls available

Access Anywhere with Google Account

With Google Play, your purchases link to your account, which allows you to watch your favorite movies and TV shows anytime anywhere, even if you are offline.

Download Options

Users can download purchased movies to up to five devices. If you reach this five device limit, you can remove a movie download from any device, allowing you to re-save that same movie to a new device.

Occasional Free Rentals

Occasionally Google Play will provide users with a free rental, available on any device instantly.

Seamless Google Account

Not only can you keep your movies and TV shows in one place, but you can also keep any other purchases you make with Google Play linked to one account such as games, music, and apps.

Parental Controls Available

Google Play allows users to set maturity levels as well as a PIN code for all purchases. This allows parents to protect their children from accessing anything they shouldn't be viewing. Google Play has many great benefits to their streaming TV services.  The main benefit to using Google Play is that it is tied with the users Google account.  Everything a user purchases from apps to movies is accessible in one place.  And users can access their content anywhere, due to everything being tied to their Google account.

The Bad

• No cloud storage
  • Can be expensive
  • Pay to view

No Cloud Storage

Though it's great to take media on the go, Google Play does not allow users to upload or save movies to the cloud. Users have to keep their home library and movies purchased through Google Play separate.

Expensive Long Term

Google Play can be rather expensive compared to other streaming platforms. Because users don't pay a monthly fee for unlimited access to a company's library, users pay per rental, which can add up and be expensive.

Google Supported

If you're not an Android user customer support on other devices may be tricky. However, Google Play is available to all users who create a Google account. Google Play's benefits definitely outweigh the drawbacks but it is good to take note of the few drawbacks Google Play does have.  The main fault is that users pay for just about everything they watch.  So although the Google Play library is large, everything users want to see is for purchase.  After just a few purchases, users will have spent more than a monthly price for Netflix. View Top Rated Companies

The Bottom Line

Google play is a great step toward integrating services and platforms for Google users. If you'd like to keep your library updated and linked with your account on the go, Google Play is a great solution. Similar to Apple TV or Amazon, Google Play now allows you to store any and all of your Google or Android purchases in one place. This makes billing, searching, and overall experience more seamless than ever. But do note that everything you want to watch on Google Play is for rental or purchase. There are very few free TV episodes and movies available to watch for free. So after just a few rentals and purchases you have spent more than the Netflix or Amazon Prime monthly payment amount.

4.0

Chris Bright Tempe, AZ

It is really easy to down load much needed apps from this platform. I really like that I can go to a page and update my installed apps all at once. They are also really good at resolving over charge issues

Rafet Afnan Mymensingh, 34

Google Play is the newest online streaming service of Google that meets customer demands and satisfaction. Google Play is easy to use and there are 30 days free trial version too! Google Play offers you the latest movies and shows that are not on Netflix too! You can arrange your favorite movie genre into your Google Play Library. Most importantly, You can use it from any device. Subscription fees based on series shows, and vary from show to show. On newly updated Google Tv you can only watch your subscribed items, which is a bit harsh. And more than 480p is restricted.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

I have always used Google play to get all my apps and have always found what I have been looking for. The suggested for you feature has lead me to things that I might not have thought of as well. I will say that I only use the free apps because I have never found anything that I need to pay for. The options are there and Google play is definitely my go to app source.

G GA

They usually have the app you need but the cost of your privacy and lately there's been a lot of issues with performance although they go to app I prefer to go to a different app

Gary Griffith Abilene, TX

Works well, needs a bigger variety. Often can not find what I am looking for.

17 hours ago

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

I downloaded several tracks from Google Play that were not in Apple Music. I found it to be very similar to the other online music platforms I've used. It works fine and payment is simple via card. The quality of the sound files are great.

Jacob American Fork, UT

I definitely recommend Google Play. I love having monthly deals like free movies, $5-$10 off movies, and even clearance movies that receive new titles constantly. Movies are way cheaper through google play than anywhere else I can find.

Kylie Howes Provo, UT

Google play is a good option as far as online shows and movies go, but it's more like building an online library than it is a streaming service. You can rent movies and videos or add them to your library, but you usually have to pay in order to get access to their content. It seems to work pretty well, though, and I've never had any issues with poor video quality or bad streaming connections.

Emerald Scott West Jordan, UT

Google play is great. I purchase and rent movies from them all the time. As long as you can access your Google account you can stream all of your movies easily.

Rosie Hansen Salt Lake City, UT

Google Play allows you to download games, apps and pretty much whatever you may be looking for. Really user-friendly and downloads are pretty fast, especially if you are connected to wi-fi.

Alex Danielson Riverton, UT

We've used Google Play to purchase movies we couldn't find for purchase anywhere else! Service is reliable and price is on point!

Alexander Johnson Burbank, CA

I enjoyed it while I was a android user but the acting world isn’t compatible with google play. Watching shows streamed from GP always glitches out on me

Cade Boudreaux , FL

I personally don’t like google play. Its catalog is smaller than other streaming services. It’s also weird that you have to buy individual movies, etc. instead of having everything all at once which can end up being more expensive in the long run.

Dylan Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

This is a great service, I get to put my digital movie copies onto Google Play with our family email address and everyone can enjoy the movies wherever they are.

Zac Marx Brighton, CO

Google Play has one of the best deals for streaming tv and movies. With constant deals and cheap giveaways, you can get classics for a great deal and have access anywhere.

Jess Root Gilbert, AZ

I have used this to stream movies I own and also to purchase and rent movies. Sometimes you can find free movies and deals. Easy to use on mobile device.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Google Play does not offer an easy user experience and is not used much as competitors offer a larger range of movies and tv shows than are offered in Google Play. Also, it usually disconnects from the internet.

DeeDee G. Dallas, TX

Google play works great! I love the service and all the movies I get on it. I do not have any buffering issues so overall I reccomend!

Erin American Fork, UT

google play is pretty perfect. its very helpful if you need a quick song or show in a snap and its as easy as using google

Dylan Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

We use this to upload our DVD library so we can stream movies when we don't have access to the DVDs and DVD player. Sweet service.

abby becht Pleasant Grove, UT

I like using google play because inside the app you have many cool things, including books, movies and games for your devices.

Bethany Simko Pleasant Grove, UT

I love google play. They have an incredible selection of movies at good prices. You have many options

sydney clark Gilbert, AZ

I am a big fan of google play! Everything about it is easy to use and I am always surprised by their helpful service!

Amy Boren American Fork, UT

Its easy to use and my whole family enjoys it! I Appreciate how kind and quick they are to fix any problem that has come up!

Tracy Womack Cedar City, UT

Google Play has the best options of shows in the business. I love the prices that they have as well!

Grant American Fork, UT

I used to use an Android, and I used to use Google Play. I used to watch some stuff on it and I didn’t enjoy it. I don’t love watching stuff on my phone, and also I don’t like paying that much for tv shows or movies. You could lower the price on them so more people would but them.

Donald Gustafson Colorado Springs, CO

Was a good tv app till it kept freezing up and they turned around and blamed it on my internet

Mazi Marcel Womack Cedar City, UT

Google Play is awesome. They have the best shows with the best quality of videos.

BLF Pleasant Grove, UT

Google Play is an ok video streaming company. I don't feel like it has anything different than any of the other video companies.

Sadie Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I really like how easy it is to use google play and all the options that they have.

Kenneth Okerlund

I haven't had any good experiences with Google Play. The main issue I have is the pricing and the lack of cloud support.

Spencer Scoville American Fork, UT

Trying to figure out google play is like trying to figure out how to do homework for a class you didn't go to. virtually impossible even if someone has used it forever