Disney+ Logo

5.2

LAST UPDATED: October 28th, 2021

Disney Plus, The Walt Disney Company’s new streaming service, is set to launch in November 2019. From the content lineup, critics and fans expect the service to pose strong competition to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services. Prior to now, Disney’s content has been available through other streaming businesses, but now the content will phase out of other businesses and only be available on Disney Plus.

Netflix Logo
#1 Netflix chevron_right
Amazon Prime Logo
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
YouTube Logo
#3 YouTube chevron_right

The Good

• Exclusive Content
  • Low Price
  • Growing Library
  • Potential Bundle with Hulu

Exclusive Content

Up until now, Disney content has been displayed mostly on Netflix. However, now all of Disney’s new releases and original content will be exclusively available for streaming on Disney Plus. In addition to new and classic Disney films, series, and shorts, Disney Plus will also feature content from Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm (Star Wars), and National Geographic. The service will also have exclusive rights to all 30 seasons of The Simpsons.

For Star Wars and Marvel fans, Disney Plus is a must. The service will debut series whose stories are intertwined with upcoming feature films. The Marvel series include Loki, WandaVision, Hawkeye, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and What If…?. The Star Wars series include The Mandalorian, a Cassian Andor series, and others. In order to fully understand the plot of the new movies, you’ll need to be up to date on the series.

Low Price

Disney Plus launches with an initial price of $7 per month, or $70 per year. This is incredibly low for the quality of content. Netflix’s most basic plan starts at $9 per month. However, commentators speculate that Disney’s $7 per month price will increase as the amount of content on the platform and its popularity increase.

Growing Library

Though Disney Plus’s library of content will start quite a bit smaller than its top competitor Netflix, it has plans to add a substantial amount of content in the next few years. Disney CEO Bob Iger informed shareholders that Disney Plus will eventually include all of Disney’s movie library, including movies in the “Disney Vault” that have been kept out of circulation.

Potential Bundle with Hulu

As Hulu is a subsidiary of Disney, there are rumors that Disney Plus will be available as a Hulu add-on.

The Bad

• Might Not Have a Free Trial
  • Price Might Increase
  • No Third-Party Shows or Films

Might Not Have a Free Trial

Though it’s pretty customary for streaming services to offer a free trial before you subscribe, Disney Plus hasn’t mentioned any kind of trial period on its website.

Price Might Increase

Disney Plus itself has made comments that hint to the subscription’s price increasing, perhaps even in the first year of after service’s release. Though right now it’s advertised as $7 per month, the price is bound to increase quickly.

No Third-Party Shows or Films

Disney Plus will only feature content from its own studios and its partner studios. This will include content from Marvel, Lucasfilm, National Geographic, and Pixar. Though this is quality content, other streaming services have more varied content.

The Bottom Line

If you like Disney, Pixar, Marvel, or Star Wars, this streaming service is the place to be. Though we don’t yet have enough information to review the functionality of the product, the customer service, or customer satisfaction, the content lineup and competitive price are impressive.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Family loves the service, love the new releases of movies at home, cheaper than the theater and we can have movie nights at home!

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

Disney+ is a life safer as it has all of my favorite Disney classics all in one place for a great price. The Star Wars, Marvel, and classic Disney content make it worth the price alone, the rest is for sure a great bonus! I look forward to my kids one day, being able to grow up with some of the same movies and shows I did as well as content made for them!

Jane Collins Long Beach, MS

Disney+ is my family's favorite television pastime. One of my favorite aspects of Disney+ is that you can save the movies on your devices, so you may view the movies/tv shows while you are away from a network connection. The catalogue is amazing. Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, National Geographic, and original programming... it's simply amazing.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

My kids begged me to subscribe to Disney Plus. It's been so much fun to catch up on all the wonderful Disney shows that they have available. There is something for everyone in the family to enjoy and many classics. It's a good value for the money as well.

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

I absolutely love Disney plus. My girls and I were so excited about having this come out. It takes us all back to when all these Disney shows were on. It’s like a jump back in time. It’s been a huge hit in our house and we are all excited about the new series that will be coming out. I already loved watching the mandalorian. That one was a big hit. This is a must keep. Totally in love with Disney plus.

Myra Howes Provo, UT

We have been loving Disney+ so far. I appreciate some of the obscure, older movies and TV shows you have to offer. I also love the access to National Geographic documentaries and other variety of shows. It helps this appeal to a greater variety of people. We have loved the Mandalorian as well. It is fun to choose your own picture to represent you. We are pleased with this service.

Kylie Howes Provo, UT

Disney plus is a pretty new player in the video streaming game, but they have an incredible variety of shows. Since Disney owns so many different properties, this is one of the only places you'll be able to find Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney content in the future, which is worth it if you're a big fan of any of these franchises. I've had no problems with the streaming quality yet, and they also offer a good deal that comes with Hulu too.

Maria

Great programming and price for this service. I am a Star Wars fan and I love it with all the movies in one place.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

We have loved our time with Disney+. It has been a great streaming service for the whole family! The shows and movies that are nostalgic from our childhood, to the new shows that capture our kids attention. Amazing!

Trey Farner Norcross, GA

The Mandalorian is by far one of the greatest tv shows I have seen in a while. Being able to go and watch all of my favorite disney movies and now new shows that dive deeper into the lore of different universes is amazing. And I now have access to some of the best selling movies in the comfort of my own house.

Luis Diaz Dallas, TX

Disney+ is fantastic for anyone. It has something for everyone. Especially for a family. There’s things that everyone would like and appropriate to watch with the entire family. Their selection is fantastic and reminds of the memories I’ve made with Disney movies as a kid.

Tyler Oskaloosa, IA

Disney+ is complete collection of absolute classics, as well as recent hits. It has everything that you could ever possibly want to watch from Disney. Any tv show or any movie you want to watch, this service will have it. Absolutely great.

take7 Sandy, UT

Everything disney even the disney channel. Kids discover and rediscover shows they love. The movies is the best part. I like the layout of the app on tv and the quality. I am so happy to have everything in one and the price is perfect.

Lorna Johnston West Valley City, UT

I really like the selection of show available on Disney+. The first show I watched was Togo. I was curious to see if I could find it on other apps but it wasn’t available anywhere else. It’s nice to be able to access Disney content

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

Die hard Disney fan here. There is one reason why everyone needs this service - The Mandalorian! Such a great show! Besides this show, all of Disney’s past content is also available! And The Simpsons! Disney+ is a no brainer. Everyone needs this service because of how cheap it is and because of all the amazing content!

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

I absolutely love Disney+! I have free Disney+ with Verizon unlimited data, and even though the service just launched I have already gona through the movies and shows available and I can't wait to spend the weekend watching them! They have so many options and shows from my childhood that I forgot about and can't wait to see again!

Dominique Caballero

I have good experience enjoying movies on the service and could see movies I have not seen but provide more movies or popular movies on their platform

Violet Acosta Stewart Gulfport, MS

I love Disney+, I watch it everyday! I have always loved Disney and starwars movies and now I can watch them anytime I want! It's cheap and an amazing platform.

Dorrie2001 Charlotte, NC

In love!! Has all the movies/shows from the 1950s till now. You can watch any Star Wars or princess movie you wish! Great for kids and very affordable

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Disney+ has great old movies and originals that you will not find elsewhere. Just because it is Disney does not mean its all kid shows. I love the Disney originals and I have a great time on Disney+

Myken American Fork, UT

We recently subscribed to Disney + and my kids are loving it! They’re able to watch all their favorite Disney Shows and The Mandalorian is reason enough to have the subscription

Emily Norton Tucson, AZ

I love having all my favorite movies in one place, plus all the movies from my childhood is some serious nostalgia. You can download movies to watch offline and they have a great selection with more being added all the time.

Tyler Jenkins Hattiesburg, MS

If you’re a family guy, Disney+ is the streaming service for you. They are options for everyone in my family and I don’t feel like I have to turn the volume down in my house and watching Disney+.

Kimi Bayles West Valley City, UT

Very friendly app to use! Kids can easily access their options without help. Many titles available to watch, and love the weekly shows added to series! Have enjoyed the behind the scenes documentaries!

Logan Hudson Norcross, GA

Disney plus has been the streaming service of my dreams. Having all the classic movies and shows I grew up watching. I am never not entertained. I would definitely recommend this to friends and family

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

I have loved Disney+ for my kids. The selection of movies available is fantastic, and the streaming quality is very high. My only negative is that there is no way to filter out movies I don't want my kids to view.

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

I have to give this 5 stars because Disney plus has EVERYTHING! But I am so bummed about all the money I have spent buying movies along the way!! Still, there is so so much content there that I can't be too mad about it.

Reckholdt Draper, UT

Our new favorite streaming app. Disney plus is incredible. I can’t say enough good things about it. They have so many movies and it’s worth every penny. We use it every single day.

Dylan Rhodes Fillmore, UT

Best thing since sliced bread if you have children. We use it almost every day! Literally has almost any Disney movie you can think of, and it’s much cheaper than other streaming services. Thank you Disney.

Jacob American Fork, UT

Disney Plus is a must have. With practically every Disney show on there, you can find exclusives like the Mandalorian that are not found anywhere else. It is also so cheap and has the best shows.

Phabie Mobile, AL

Great selection of throwback shows and movies! The quality is great and I never experience lagging. Kid friendly streaming service.

Emily Tallahassee, FL

All of my favorite movies as a kid, and favorite tv shows all in one spot. Not to mention that all of the Star Wars movies are on there as well.

Madelyn Gulfport, MS

Disney Plus is an amazing app to watch Disney and Pixar movies! I enjoy being able to access my favorite childhood movies whenever I want to.

Hunter Brister Norcross, GA

Disney Plus is an amazing streaming platform for movies and tv shows. Some of the most well-known content is on there, and I’d recommend it to all of my friends.

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

Disney+ has more than just the typical children shows but instead, there are the latest movies for the whole family to enjoy. The quality of the films are great!

AmyConder22 Eagle Mountain, UT

We absolutely love Disney plus. We love that it has movies from the vault, Disney channel shows and old school movies. There is something for everyone.

Erika Douglas Cedar Fort, UT

The classic Disney shows alone are worth the price of this. But my children also enjoy the new shows from Disney, that we don't see because we don't pay for cable.

Asia Bui Gulfport, MS

I LOVE watching all of the original disney classics on this app and all of the new shows they come out with like high school musical the musical the series

Kim

Hamilton was a great experience and I'm thankful that Disney put it on for all who are quarantined at home.

Tsan Lozano

Been a subscriber since launch quality content continues to roll out as well as the back catalog of classic.

OwenE. Hattiesburg, MS

This by far my favorite streaming that has ever come out. Nothing ever comes off the app after a set amount of time.

Robert Collins Long Beach, MS

We love Disney +! The sheer volume of content is amazing and sometimes overwhelming. There's always something to watch.

Dwhoush New Orleans, LA

I love the nostalgia that Disney + gave me. It has great Classic Disney movies and new material at a great price. I can’t argue against Baby Yoda.

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

Super cheap service and we get all the shows and movies my kids need. There’s a lot of teen series that my older daughter loves.

Sandi Burkinshaw South Jordan, UT

Love having Disney movies and TV shows at my fingertips. My kids love it too. Can't wait for all the Marvel movies to be on there

Nick Hansen Eagle Mountain, UT

Great from the get go, from Togo to National Geographic documentaries to the Mandelorian! I hope that new content will continue to be added.

DeeDee G. Norcross, GA

I get to watch any disney movie I want!! There is stuff for all ages and I cant wait for the next season of the mandalorian!

David T Ogden, UT

I am so glad Disney came out with this. They have a great selection and my kids love watching new stuff besides just the classics.

Kallie Chappell Salt Lake City, UT

I absolutely looooove Disney+, it has so many shows that I grew up watching that I can rewatch with so many good memories.

Toni Baker Draper, UT

Disney is fantastic get to watch all the golden classics that you don't see on TV anymore takes you back to your childhood totally enjoy it