Disney+ Logo

6.6

LAST UPDATED: February 4th, 2023

Disney Plus, The Walt Disney Company’s new streaming service, is set to launch in November 2019. From the content lineup, critics and fans expect the service to pose strong competition to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services. Prior to now, Disney’s content has been available through other streaming businesses, but now the content will phase out of other businesses and only be available on Disney Plus.

Netflix Logo
#1 Netflix chevron_right
YouTube Logo
#2 YouTube chevron_right
Amazon Prime Logo
#3 Amazon Prime chevron_right

The Good

• Exclusive Content
  • Low Price
  • Growing Library
  • Potential Bundle with Hulu

Exclusive Content

Up until now, Disney content has been displayed mostly on Netflix. However, now all of Disney’s new releases and original content will be exclusively available for streaming on Disney Plus. In addition to new and classic Disney films, series, and shorts, Disney Plus will also feature content from Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm (Star Wars), and National Geographic. The service will also have exclusive rights to all 30 seasons of The Simpsons.

For Star Wars and Marvel fans, Disney Plus is a must. The service will debut series whose stories are intertwined with upcoming feature films. The Marvel series include Loki, WandaVision, Hawkeye, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and What If…?. The Star Wars series include The Mandalorian, a Cassian Andor series, and others. In order to fully understand the plot of the new movies, you’ll need to be up to date on the series.

Low Price

Disney Plus launches with an initial price of $7 per month, or $70 per year. This is incredibly low for the quality of content. Netflix’s most basic plan starts at $9 per month. However, commentators speculate that Disney’s $7 per month price will increase as the amount of content on the platform and its popularity increase.

Growing Library

Though Disney Plus’s library of content will start quite a bit smaller than its top competitor Netflix, it has plans to add a substantial amount of content in the next few years. Disney CEO Bob Iger informed shareholders that Disney Plus will eventually include all of Disney’s movie library, including movies in the “Disney Vault” that have been kept out of circulation.

Potential Bundle with Hulu

As Hulu is a subsidiary of Disney, there are rumors that Disney Plus will be available as a Hulu add-on.

The Bad

• Might Not Have a Free Trial
  • Price Might Increase
  • No Third-Party Shows or Films

Might Not Have a Free Trial

Though it’s pretty customary for streaming services to offer a free trial before you subscribe, Disney Plus hasn’t mentioned any kind of trial period on its website.

Price Might Increase

Disney Plus itself has made comments that hint to the subscription’s price increasing, perhaps even in the first year of after service’s release. Though right now it’s advertised as $7 per month, the price is bound to increase quickly.

No Third-Party Shows or Films

Disney Plus will only feature content from its own studios and its partner studios. This will include content from Marvel, Lucasfilm, National Geographic, and Pixar. Though this is quality content, other streaming services have more varied content.

The Bottom Line

If you like Disney, Pixar, Marvel, or Star Wars, this streaming service is the place to be. Though we don’t yet have enough information to review the functionality of the product, the customer service, or customer satisfaction, the content lineup and competitive price are impressive.

jennifer thompson Prospect Park, PA

Disney+ is great because they offer a variety of movies and TV shows for everyone in the family to be able to watch. My five-year-old son is baby Yoda‘s biggest fan and with Disney+. He can watch baby Yoda all day every day. I also love that while traveling, you can put your username and password into hotel TVs and watch Disney+ on the go . I also found out that you can bundle Disney+ with Hulu and ESPN for one low price every month.

M T Buffalo Grove, IL

I recently began using Disney + to stream TV. It is a nice addition to my other streaming apps. For the price, there are many options and genres for the entire family. I never have to worry about what my child is watching because of the ratings listed clearly.

Natalie

This streaming service is used daily in my household which includes 3 children all of which love everything Disney. I love that older movies from my childhood are included as well as quickly available new releases. Definitely worth the monthly fee.

Pete Dizbon Sequim, WA

Wonderful shows and movies, NEW AND OLD !! Very good value for the money ! Our favorites are all the Marvel movies & series !

Who Knows Baltimore, MD

My children love Disney plus! Everyday that's all I ever hear. They always have the latest kids movies/shows all the time. I would recommend to any parent who needs the old digital babysitter.

JR Parrish Winston-Salem, NC

I tell you what I have never seen a streaming service come out the gate booming as big as Disney+ did. Really enjoy watching alot of the old Disney movies on there and a couple new ones. But mainly the new TV shows from marvel and starwars. Rn just watched the 1st episode of SheHulk and tbh I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Natalia Jayy Piscataway, NJ

Though a bit pricey, I do love the outstanding selection of titles, both old and new. Also, I absolutely adore the Star Wars series that are being made!

Bridget Walker Bay Saint Louis, MS

Disney+ is every parents go to for the up to date cartoons that their children love. I love my Disney+ because my grandson loves it and has access to all the cartoons that his little heart desires. You cant put a price on that!

Eva Salazar Lubbock, TX

I like the movies, shorts and series options for adults and children. great entertainment.

Joseph Mada Las Vegas, NV

Solid for kids. Good if added on with Hulu and espn but not worth it by itself. They do add new movies fairly quickly, which is the main reason we have it.

Emma Rodriguez

They have great options to watch and nice original content. The only downside is the length it takes for them to update shows.

Jaelyn Morris Tallahassee, FL

Disney+ has so many movies, shows, and documentaries to choose from, from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and National Geographic. I can always find something to watch when I stream through Disney+, whether I am in the mood for action, something educational, or kid's movies.

Kristiane R Durfey Orem, UT

Disney+ was a fantastic subscription for us. We use it so much and have really enjoyed their programs and movies. It's nice to be able to have so many movies right in one place and not have to search through our cabinet for a specific DVD.

Arin New York, NY

Great selection and wonderful price.love all the star wars series and movies

Bea ThaTruth San Antonio, TX

Has all the latest and greatest. Shows from childhood to now all on one streaming service.

Yaminah Williams West Chester, PA

I like that Disney has some of my favorite childhood movies on there.

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

Disney+ is a life safer as it has all of my favorite Disney classics all in one place for a great price. The Star Wars, Marvel, and classic Disney content make it worth the price alone, the rest is for sure a great bonus! I look forward to my kids one day, being able to grow up with some of the same movies and shows I did as well as content made for them!

J Allen Pensacola, FL

I enjoyed the site, the content was very good. Price was the deciding factor for ending for me. I will highly recommend this service.

Jessica McAdory Plano, TX

Quality is excellent. Lately the content has been new and nice when you don't have to pay an extra price to view a new movie.

MY Woodmere, NY

just finished watching the star wars saga, Easy quick to use, relatively inexpensive. They get new content fairly constantly. The quality on video is top notch.

D. Jones Arlington, TX

If you love Disney, you'll love Disney + . Imagine having every Disney classic movie, every Disney sitcom, and all the Star Wars, Marvel, and a lot more on demand when ever you want. That pretty much sums it up.

estelle stevens Orem, UT

Disney plus is my favorite! It always has such good shows/movies! It has all of the Disney classics I love to watch with friends and family! There are so many good options for all ages! I highly recommend!

MRCONSULT Ukiah, CA

Price compared to other streaming platforms is way lower, all movies offered for free, you do not have to pay additional for a movie to view which is often the case on other platforms thus excellent service.

Brittney Butts Gainesville, FL

My kids LOVE Disney+! I just added it to our tv I thought it was just Disney movies but it has lots of other shows on there that even adults who aren't real Disney movie watcher will defiantly find entertaining.

enelson3903 Bowie, MD

I haver enjoy viewing Disney+ and they have very good content. I worked with their customer service and problems, and they resolved my problems quickly. I wish they would add more adult content as they are 90 percent geared toward kids viewing.

Lauryn Pelch West Jordan, UT

I think that this is one of the best ways to stream all of your favorite disney movies. I love all things disney and I love being able to easily access all of the movies. This is an easy was for people of all ages to watch their favorite disney shows and movies.

Brynlee Dalton Herriman, UT

Oh my Gosh! I love Disney+ SO much! My favorite pastime is sitting on my couch, watching movies or documentaries on Disney+. There are so many different ones, and I'm positive there is something for everyone! Disney+ is amazing!

Laurel Dalton Salt Lake City, UT

Disney+ is the best streaming platform. Through Disney+, users have access to thousands of new and old Disney movies without the hassle of having to store physical discs. This platform makes it so easy to watch movies anytime and anywhere.

Paula Pili Provo, UT

Great site! Great selection I am a proctor parent of a Transition to Adult Living home Never can go wrong with Disney + except I always seem to have “billing issues “ every other week I’m like what ever happened to pay once a month and not worry. I personally don’t watch it much except when Mulan came out. Gotta love it for the kids

Jane Collins Long Beach, MS

Disney+ is my family's favorite television pastime. One of my favorite aspects of Disney+ is that you can save the movies on your devices, so you may view the movies/tv shows while you are away from a network connection. The catalogue is amazing. Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, National Geographic, and original programming... it's simply amazing.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

My kids begged me to subscribe to Disney Plus. It's been so much fun to catch up on all the wonderful Disney shows that they have available. There is something for everyone in the family to enjoy and many classics. It's a good value for the money as well.

Gail Mann Charlotte, NC

Streaming Disney+ gas been very helpful to me caring about what my 8year old is watching

Thawkes2017 Saraland, AL

I love all of the Disney classics! With that said it is hard to pay for every service out there. I wish there was a cheaper alternative.

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

I absolutely love Disney plus. My girls and I were so excited about having this come out. It takes us all back to when all these Disney shows were on. It’s like a jump back in time. It’s been a huge hit in our house and we are all excited about the new series that will be coming out. I already loved watching the mandalorian. That one was a big hit. This is a must keep. Totally in love with Disney plus.

Myra Howes Provo, UT

We have been loving Disney+ so far. I appreciate some of the obscure, older movies and TV shows you have to offer. I also love the access to National Geographic documentaries and other variety of shows. It helps this appeal to a greater variety of people. We have loved the Mandalorian as well. It is fun to choose your own picture to represent you. We are pleased with this service.

Kylie Howes Provo, UT

Disney plus is a pretty new player in the video streaming game, but they have an incredible variety of shows. Since Disney owns so many different properties, this is one of the only places you'll be able to find Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney content in the future, which is worth it if you're a big fan of any of these franchises. I've had no problems with the streaming quality yet, and they also offer a good deal that comes with Hulu too.

Maria

Great programming and price for this service. I am a Star Wars fan and I love it with all the movies in one place.

HO1 Charles Town, WV

Disney+ started off with a small but good selection of Disney films. It seems to be growing, but I'd still like to see more of the old classic Disney as a lot of the newer stuff is not up to the same quality.

Gina Donofrio

Disney+ is a great resource for family entertainment. I've been able to let my family watch it without worrying if there is any profanity or senseless shows. Each show or movie gives a moral ending.

Heather Riverton, UT

My family loves Disney+. We use it several times each week and both my older and younger children love it. There are various options we can watch together. It's a great family friendly entertainment option.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

We have loved our time with Disney+. It has been a great streaming service for the whole family! The shows and movies that are nostalgic from our childhood, to the new shows that capture our kids attention. Amazing!

Iracel Castellon Tucson, AZ

I love Disney the shows are very good thanks you

Trey Farner Norcross, GA

The Mandalorian is by far one of the greatest tv shows I have seen in a while. Being able to go and watch all of my favorite disney movies and now new shows that dive deeper into the lore of different universes is amazing. And I now have access to some of the best selling movies in the comfort of my own house.

Luis Diaz Dallas, TX

Disney+ is fantastic for anyone. It has something for everyone. Especially for a family. There’s things that everyone would like and appropriate to watch with the entire family. Their selection is fantastic and reminds of the memories I’ve made with Disney movies as a kid.

Tyler Oskaloosa, IA

Disney+ is complete collection of absolute classics, as well as recent hits. It has everything that you could ever possibly want to watch from Disney. Any tv show or any movie you want to watch, this service will have it. Absolutely great.

take7 Sandy, UT

Everything disney even the disney channel. Kids discover and rediscover shows they love. The movies is the best part. I like the layout of the app on tv and the quality. I am so happy to have everything in one and the price is perfect.

Lorna Johnston West Valley City, UT

I really like the selection of show available on Disney+. The first show I watched was Togo. I was curious to see if I could find it on other apps but it wasn’t available anywhere else. It’s nice to be able to access Disney content

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

Die hard Disney fan here. There is one reason why everyone needs this service - The Mandalorian! Such a great show! Besides this show, all of Disney’s past content is also available! And The Simpsons! Disney+ is a no brainer. Everyone needs this service because of how cheap it is and because of all the amazing content!

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

They are for sure not as many movies for adults but I love that I can see so many different movies from Disney. This makes it so much nicer than having all the DVDs. I’ll be honest I got rid of most of our DVDs after this came out. Although if you were into Star Wars stuff I’d say this is definitely a big sell point. The national geographics part is pretty cool

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

I absolutely love Disney+! I have free Disney+ with Verizon unlimited data, and even though the service just launched I have already gona through the movies and shows available and I can't wait to spend the weekend watching them! They have so many options and shows from my childhood that I forgot about and can't wait to see again!