Crackle is a refreshing take on video on demand because it is free.  For being free, Crackle is available on a lot of different devices so that you can enjoy your viewing experience on the go. The company has been in business for over ten years and is a great streaming TV option.

#1 Netflix chevron_right
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
#3 YouTube chevron_right

The Good

• Free service
  • High quality selection
  • Great features

Completely Free

Streaming media is completely free with Crackle from movies to original series.

Top-Rated Library

Crackle has a small library, but their library is of high-quality.  The library has standard movie classics, original series, and many outstanding TV series.

User Watch List

Crackle has several "channels" in the form of watch lists. These lists organize shows by categories such as 90s Flashbacks, Award Winning Documentaries, etc.

Crackle isn't one of the big players in the streaming TV industry but they definitely have some great features to their services.  The big pull for Crackle is that they are free. Movies, TV episodes, and original series are all free to watch at any time.

The Bad

• No ad-free options
  • Small library
  • No HD quality

Streaming with Ads

All of Crackle's movies, TV episodes, and original series are available to watch for free, but with ads and commercials. There is no ad-free viewing.

Small Library

Crackle has a very small library for users to choose from.  However, they are all free to watch.

Library doesn't Include Every TV Episode from Series

With a free service, subscribers can't expect to see every episode from every series. This makes it difficult to watch the series with any frequency and in order.

No HD Video Compatibilities

While Crackle runs with a decent streaming speed, at this time, the platform does not support HD video. Crackle has many great features to their streaming TV services, however, there are a few drawbacks. The main drawback is that users can't watch anything without ads and commercials. This is understandable considering Crackle is completely free, but a no-ads option could increase the user experience. Also, Crackle has a very small library for users to choose from and doesn't have all episodes in TV series.  Users aren't able to watch all episodes in a series which is frustrating. View Top Rated Companies

The Bottom Line

For those who want to stream popular content for free, Crackle is an excellent option. While subscribers don't necessarily appreciate the repeated advertising, as well as the frequency of the commercial breaks, the great titles make up for some of the issues with this platform.

Crackle has also been viewed as a great way to "fill in the gaps" with what you can't find on Netflix and Hulu. We recommend considering Crackle's streaming TV services.

However, we recommend reviewing the top rated companies before making a final decision.

3.2

Rischelle Mikkelson
October 14th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Crackle is a reliable service for streaming videos and tv shows. The variety is a little lacking, but the price is fair for the amount of shows offered.

Zac Marx
October 8th, 2019 Brighton, CO DETAILS

Crackle is fairly good. Not as popular as other options, but comes for a great price and is easy to use.

Don Boren
October 3rd, 2019 American Fork, UT

I liked the original programming like "Comedians in Cars...Getting Coffee." I had a hard time finding the channel sometimes.

DavidM
June 25th, 2019 Port Royal, SC

Would be nice if I could watch a whole movie. I have tried to watch two movies only to get “oops something went wrong” right at the mid point of each movie. I probably will delete the app.

DM Carter
June 18th, 2019 Houston, TX

Crackle has made it painfully clear they don't care about their viewers. They do't care about what they want to watch, how they want to watch, or any problems they have finding, accessing or streaming what they want. This issue is made apparent by the fact that I have not been able to choose what I want to watch. When I log in, their system almost immediately starts streaming something of their choice, a show I have no say in the streaming of plays behind the menu. When and if I manage to find a show I want to watch, the menu may disappear, but the show they chose does not, and my selection does not start to play. If, for whatever insane reason there might be, I choose to ride out their selection, maybe in the hope of seeing the show I was hoping to see show up next, I am out of luck. Instead the autoplay function, which cannot be disabled at all, starts in another of Crackle's selections. If I leave the service and come back, the "Continue Watching" menu in stocked with shows that Crackle had previously chosen to show me, which I left in the middle of, and none of them can be removed. Contacting customer support does nothing. All it gets you is a fake apology and someone saying they can't help you, and you aren't allowed to change for yourself what is destroying your experience. Crackle is garbage. Crackle is worthless, useless, and unwatchable. What's worse is Crackle doesn't care.

Taylor Walker
May 31st, 2019 Provo, UT

A nice little free streaming service. Not the largest selection of movies or the best but I've been able to find a few decent movies to watch.

Ashley
May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Crackle is very easy to navigate. I like how they have the channels in categories. The movies from the Creature Features Channel are my favorite! I also enjoy the Crime TV Channel, it is totally different than Netflix and I love it!

Michelle Mortimer
February 13th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

I love to keep this on my phone as an app. I am able to watch movies and shows wherever I am at.

Mackenzie Taylor
February 6th, 2019 Portland, OR

Overall a good app. I downloaded once when I was bored, old selections but it's free.

Lucas
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT

I like crackle. It has great movies but way too many repetitive commercials. Good movies though.

Daniel
February 1st, 2019 Sweet Home, OR

It’s worth taking a look at because every once in a wile they have a good movie or two on

Alain
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT

Crackle is a better Hulu. Faster internet, faster advertisements and all the movies and shows I want plus more.

Tiffany
December 14th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

FREE!!!!!Great shows free entertainment. Funny movies and more love this app. LOVE!!

Dee Farquharson
December 6th, 2018 Washington, DC

I've been using Crackle since before Sony acquired it. The shows and movies aren't really aren't the most popular, but a great time killer if you're just looking for something to watch. I do recommend letting the titles load a little before watching. I had a couple of issues with shows buffering and then timing out, Not on the same ladder as Netflix or Hulu, but holds its own

Shawn
December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Crackle is my 4 or 5th go to streaming service. Decent variety available. I wish they didn’t have commercials, but understand the need for a free service. Decent selection.

Eric
November 19th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Crackle is another great streaming service that joins the ranks of other greats. Like the others it has its own unique style to offer to those who want something different. Crackle has a unique style to it that I definitely enjoy. They provide quick streaming and quality shows and movies to stream.

Abigail scoville
November 19th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

crackle is a confusing mess. I can never navigate it and know what I am doing. The way it is set up is overall confusing and frustrating to figure out.

Carolynn
August 20th, 2018 West Jordan, UT

More older movies on here when I checked it out. Not what I was looking for.

Bill Kelley
August 10th, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS

DONT SIGN UP! THEY WILL SPAM YOU FOREVER! Signed up to try it. Terrible library content, small volume second rate stuff. VERY LOUD and obnoxious commercials. Much loader than content volume. Worst of all they keep spamming my email, even after unsubscribing 3 times.

Randy Krapf
October 10th, 2017 Elgin, TX

I recently started streaming Crackle using Roku. It’s nice that the service is free, but it regularly stops and closes the app altogether, forcing me to restart it and go back to re-select the movie I was watching. It seems to do it at spots where there is a commercial break scheduled (as it always goes to commercial after I restart it). I’ve only watched a few movies so far, but it has stopped and closed the app 4 or 5 times in both. I’ve been streaming for years thru many other paid and free services, and this is my only experience with this problem, so I know it’s not my Roku device or internet connection. Sony needs to do some work on Crackle if it hopes to continue the advertisement revenue. The service is subpar as is, but I would happily give it another shot if they fix this flaw.

Mona LC
July 24th, 2017

Recently joined Crackle. I read a lot of reviews about buffering issues. I watch mainly on my Vizio Smart TV. My netgear modem is right next to it. (Just to give an idea as to how I have it set up). I have had no buffering issues at all. There are commercials. But that helps the service be free. With the cost of cable these days I'm happy to endure a commercial here and there to get free service in return. The movies seemlessly move to commercial and back to the movie with no buffering in between either. So far so good. :)

Margaret Brown
March 13th, 2017

I recently became aware of Crackle love the ability to create a profile Its content is good but stll small the commercials can be a distraction. Love the ability to access it on all devices and the fact that it is FREE is awesome. HD would be good but it's not necessary so far it runs glitch free What it really needs is promotion and big original hit to really put it on the map but I have to say it is far better than what I expected and am happy to be a new member. I rate a 6 out of 10 and expect it to move up.