Owned and operated by CBS Interactive, CBS All Access is an over-the-top subscription streaming service. Those who subscribe have access to view content from CBS’s library.

The subscription service offers two plans to viewers: The Limited Commercials Plan and the Commercial Free Plan.

The Limited Commercials Plan allows users to watch CBS All Access on-demand shows with limited commercial interruptions for just $5.99 per month (plus any applicable state taxes).

The Commercial Free Plan is just as the name suggests and allows viewers to watch CBS All Access on-demand shows without any commercials for only $9.99 per month (plus any applicable state taxes).

With CBS All Access, viewers can stream more than 10,000 episodes of their favorite daytime, primetime, and late-night shows. Additionally, CBS All Access users can watch on their phone, tablet, desktop, or streaming media player.

#1 Netflix chevron_right
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
#3 YouTube chevron_right

2.9

N. Lee

September 1st, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's crap. I was tricked into it because I'm a Trekkie. I wanted access to the exclusive Star Trek shows Discovery and Picard. I kept avoiding it for months because I thought it was greedy of them to make people pay for content that was usually free. In the end I caved and have been rewarded with below subpar service. You get access to things like Comedy Central and MTV but you can't even view most of it. It's "scrambled", freezes, or starts you at the beginning when you're near the end (and if you didn't opt out of commercials you get to rewatch those too). There are no features like play from the beginning and it's not always easy to pick up from where you were. If you're watching a series and you see it's on the wrong episode you have to browse it, find it and play from there instead of hitting the back button on the current episode and searching episodes. Older episodes of Young Sheldon aren't available, nor is Mom or Judge Judy. Even the live CBSN never works. I had to download another app to watch that uninterrupted by a loading screen. Emailing support gets you no response and calling results in an automatic hang up. In sick of getting error messages. It's absolutely ridiculous at this point. It's funny because everything worked fine up into my free trial ended... wonder why? Save yourself the money and the headache. $59.95/ a year only gets you maybe 4 hours of viewing time a week and it's not uninterrupted. It's a waste. I have yet to finish a single show I wanted to stream and it's been 2 months. CBS All Access is the worst piece of trash out there. Rating systems need to change for the option of zero instead of 1

Maria Robinson

July 13th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Use the service to watch new Star Trek, and classic episodes. The new series is amazing with cinematic effects! Looking forward to the new series "Strange New Worlds."

Jim Schmidt

July 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Often will not load programs or freezes up frequently during a program

Dana

July 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have joined their free "1 week" no ad service which will turn into $9.99 per month. THIS CHANNEL CONSTANTLY GOES OUT, IS SLOW. I HAVE TO GO OUT AND GO BACK IN, and when I do, it isn't at the show I was watching?? The worst! I will NOT be joining. Joined to watch Jordan's Twilight Zone's. Would have probably stayed if it worked (but $9.99 is steep for no ads, come on CBS).

Jamie Langston

April 13th, 2020 Madison, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Signed up today at 3:13 pm with the 30 days free offer. At 4:02 my PayPal account was charged for this month. Customer service said they had no record of the charge (while I'm actually looking at the PayPal statement) and then said they don't do refunds anyway. I'm furious at being scammed by what seems to be a legit business.

Gail Souare

April 3rd, 2020 Titusville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a horrible streaming service. The shows buffer constantly and commercials interrupt very frequently - even less than a minute after the previous commercial. And the episodes bounce back and forth. I had signed up for a "free" trial, and after the bad experience with commercials, I upgraded to the "no commercial" plan - believing I was still within my trial. BEWARE OF SMALL PRINT. If you upgrade during your free trial, you will be charged. I only found out when my PayPal was charged. I immediately cancelled the next day. I called customer service, but they said it was my problem I should have read the small print better, and it was nonrefundable. WHAT A RIP OFF.

April aphe8493

March 30th, 2020 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very nice for watching big brother. Easy to use and accessible. There are also other good shows on here.

Bill C

March 27th, 2020 Bellevue, NE

Horrible streaming service -- I'd give it zero stars if the systemallowed: I've tried 5 different shows, at differenttimes of day, give them over 5 minutes to load, and so far the ONLY thing that streams is the previews and commercials. I've called tech support twice; the call just drops after approximately 5 minutes (I'd rather get a busy signal). I emailed tech support 26 hours ago: so day only the automatic 'your ticket number isn't response. I understand the significant increase in demand right now -- but we are not having any problems with Netflix or Amazon Prime. the ONLY good thing is that I'm still in the free trial period

Karina Aguilar

March 18th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased cbs all access to be able to watch criminal minds season 13 but they were only streaming season 15, and then I cancelled it and they still charged me

Doug Wong

February 28th, 2020 Calgary, AB DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At first CBS All Access was good but now there are technical difficulties which prevent me from watching certain shows. I reported this over 3 days ago. Tech support sent an e-mail asking for details which I provided and I have not heard back from them since. I have followed up each day and am extremely disappointed in their lack of service.

PKCM

February 28th, 2020 Saluda, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Buffers constantly. I have yet to watch an uninterrupted episode of anything. Picard has rebuffered over 30 times tonight. CBS blames it on my server, but I don’t have this problem with Netflix or Hulu.

Mike Ika

February 24th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Picard. Can I say anymore? With all the networks streaming their own content now, CBS All Access has been a must for me since I am a huge Star Trek dork. I love being able to geek out on the amazing Star Trek content that is only available with this service.

Damian Duncan

February 23rd, 2020 Redlands, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After you pay a subscription and watch the many many commercials they pay with your paid subscription, their programming then tries to trick you into paying for programming that you are already entitled. You may go back to a show you were just watching and it will default you to a paid version of the same series. CBS can't really be trusted, it appears that are attempting to deceive their customers to increase revenue. BUYER BEWARE.

Nicholas Cloward

February 21st, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Too stingy with their stuff. Want to watch all sorts of stuff and they have it locked down

Amanda

February 12th, 2020 Montebello, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just started using CBS All Access and I enjoy being able to have a wide variety of shows and seasons to watch for an affordable price.

Erika Douglas

February 8th, 2020 Cedar Fort, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are willing to pay extra for this, because of the quality of shows on CBS. We use this in addition to other streaming services.

Darbles32

February 4th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like CBS because it has a lot of my favorite British tv shows that I like to binge

Virginia Anderson

December 5th, 2019 Apopka, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CBS All access has really gone downhill! You pay to be able to watch an episode the same day & now there is a 24 hour delay. What’s up with that? Why the change? Look for another provider or a DVR service. This is unacceptable! I’m moving on!!!!

Amanda

November 20th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

CBS All Access is overpriced for content that you already pay for with your cable subscription. To pay on top of that for only a few shows i like isn't worth it.

Todd Homitz

November 15th, 2019 Evans City, PA

Over priced for what you get. This should be included with your cable bill. Nothing worth paying for.

Tony

November 13th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchased the NCAA Tournament one year and streaming quality was fantastic and easy to navigate between games.

abby becht

October 30th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

CBS all access in my opinion I think that it isn't worth your money. They are a good product, however it is not a necessity. Regular CBS (which is just the free version of CBS all access) is just as good, even though it doesn't have past seasons of shows.

bailey jo

October 14th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service for watching all of my sports games. Decently priced and easy to set up.

Don Boren

October 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used this service when we lived in my parents basement. I liked that you could watch all the episodes of "Big Bang Theory." The stream speed was so-so. There was a fair amount of buffering and the ads were repetitive.

Vincent Leuzze

October 8th, 2019 San Jose, CA

Only a limited amount of shows, but the shows that they do have are good. Still, there are many commercials which do lessen the experience.

erin

October 6th, 2019 American Fork, UT

this is perfect for watching all the award shows you need. personally i use it for the tony awards. it gives good connections and really good too speed love connection!

Ted Johnson

October 1st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the CBS All Access, because I can stay up to date on the latest shows on CBS, as well as watch all of the episodes that I missed. I can access it anywhere and at anytime. It fits great into my busy schedule.

Mazi Marcel Womack

July 29th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CBS All Access has great variety of shows and great quality of picture. No complaints here.

Keeli Hansen

July 28th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This app is amazing because all you need is your TV provider and you can watch all the shows that are in CBS

Teresa

July 24th, 2019 Yacolt, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I chose to get CBS All Access because DIRECTV couldn’t come to an agreement with Nexstar, the owner of CBS about cost of airing. Shame on CBS All Access to force their political views on the consumer. I started watching The Good Fight an original CBS All Access series and was bombarded with the liberal opinions of the creator of this series. I like the series, the stories and characters but strongly dislike the biased political content. Not every consumer is going to be on the same page as another person but this series takes it to a new level of extreme liberal, racism implications and deliberate bashing of our President of the United States. Will probably be leaving DIRECTV to another company that has CBS so I won’t have to pay this despicable service anymore! My friends and family feel the same way. Create entertainment without shoving your views down the throats of the consumer!

Coyotedude

July 17th, 2019 Tyler, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Decided to do 7 day free preview and using android on a new Sony tv it buffered constantly. Checked for fix online and found recommendations to go though Amazon channels and that fixed buffering issue. Out of town due to funeral and was unable to cancel on time. Actually had two charges, Amazon Prime cancelled and refunded my payment, CBS all access told me they never give refunds. Have service for a month now but won’t watch due to buffering issue.

Yosvani Lopez

July 8th, 2019 Lawrence, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They really do not care about their customers at CBS all access. I forget to cancel my trial by 2 days and hadn't used the account since the first day I got it. They refused to give me a refund. I know most other companies, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video would have given me a refund because they use commonsense and quality service to make their profit, instead of trickery like CBS.

Trenton Prestwich

June 6th, 2019 Taylorsville, UT

Used this to watch star trek for a season and was frustrated in had to pay more to watch sonic stopped using is after 1 month.

Reese

May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have the CBS All Access and it gives me access to my favorite shows all the time and if I miss them on regular tv, I can catch up or bing watch them on my CBS All Access. any time and anywhere.

Ponch Thompson

February 11th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We did get to use this option for viewing a few shows. The technology is solid. Is Stable. Although we used the option for "free episodes", the app seems like a decent offering to also view additional content.

Lindsey A Brown

February 1st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I Love CBS All Access! So easy to be able to find and watch all my favorite CBS shows all in one place. Easy to navigate as well.

Erin

December 8th, 2018 American Fork, UT

cbs is fantastic, it’s a perfect way to get newly released tv shows and is pretty affordable

Eli Slesk

December 7th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The app is fine, I just wish this channel would be offered with some of the streaming options.

Shawn

December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT

I have use this app mostly to stream sports it seems to be really easy I wish I had more content available.

Sharon Blomquist

August 6th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have so many good shows. They have local live tv as well as all your shows backed up via recordings.