TriSMART Solar Logo

TriSMART Solar

6.5

LAST UPDATED: September 29th, 2022

TriSMART Solar is a Texas-based solar installation provider that also serves select cities in Utah and Arizona. The company designs and engineers both residential and commercial solar projects using top-of-the-line solar products, and is also a professional roofing contractor in the lone star state.

Homeowners can obtain zero down financing on most solar projects through TriSMART's financing partners, and the installation process is completed in as little as one day.

The Good

• Top-Level Solar Products
  • Zero Down Financing
  • Professional Roofing Contractor

Top-Level Solar Products

TriSMART Solar uses some of the best solar panels, inverters, and backup battery systems to build its solar energy systems. Manufacturing partners include the following:

• REC Solar — REC Solar’s panels are widely considered to be on par with industry leaders like SunPower and LG in terms of energy efficiency, durability, and price. REC Solar panels come with a 25-year warranty.
  • Enphase — TriSMART Solar is an Enphase Premium Installer, meaning the company is well versed in all of Enphase’s products, including microinverters, and demonstrates outstanding customer service.
  • Unirac — TriSMART is also a Platinum Certified Unirac installer, and maintains strict roof mounting installation standards that are unmatched in the solar industry.
  • Generac — TriSMART Solar also installs backup battery and generator solutions from Generac, one of the leaders in solar energy storage solutions.

Zero Down Financing

TriSMART Solar provides customers with zero-down financing, which allows them to take full advantage of state rebates and the Federal Tax Credit, while also saving hundreds of dollars on their utility bill during the first year.

Professional Roofing Contractor

TriSMART Solar is also a professional roofing contractor. All roofing projects, be it repair or replacement, come with a five-year labor warranty, and TriSMART Solar is well-versed in handling insurance claims relating to roof damage.

If your roof has been damaged by wind or hail, TriSMART Solar may be able to help you facilitate a new roof replacement that is paid 100 percent by your insurance provider.

The Bad

• Mostly Available in Texas
  • Not NABCEP Certified
  • Solar Workmanship Warranty

Mostly Available in Texas

In addition to Phoenix, Arizona and Salt Lake City, Utah, TriSMART Solar is only available in the following Texas cities:

• Austin
  • Houston
  • Lubbock
  • San Antonio
  • Midland

Consumers located elsewhere in the United States will need to find a different solar company.

Not NABCEP Certified

Though the solar provider has achieved numerous manufacturer-specific certifications, it does not appear to hold an industry certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).

The NABCEP is responsible for upholding high installation standards at the industry level, and produces some of the most rigorous solar technician training programs in the country. Companies with this certification identify themselves as true experts in solar.

Solar Workmanship Warranty

Despite 25-year equipment and production guarantees that come standard with every TriSMART Solar system, the company has yet to disclose what workmanship warranty is available for a solar panel system. The workmanship warranty covers damage caused by installer error, and leading companies provide this coverage for up to 25 years.

The Bottom Line

TriSMART Solar installs robust solar panel systems that are built to last and provides flexible financing options to help homeowners begin saving money from day one. If you live in Texas, Phoenix, or Salt Lake City, TriSMART Solar could be the right choice.

In order to know for sure, we encourage homeowners to read the latest TriSMART Solar reviews to see if the company lives up to its impressive resume, and to compare what they find with reviews for different local solar companies. And, as always, ask companies lots of questions as you comparison shop and read all fine print before signing a contract.

View Best Solar Companies

3.4

Christine Del Rio, TX

Installation of our solar panels went super quick and the company that installed came from San Antonio, just three hours away. They showed up early, they stayed until everything was done and they cleaned up and it was fantastic. We've had no problems and it's been easy and seamless. They have worked with us continually in getting all of the permits and all the approvals and they always kept us in the loop and it was amazing. Josh was amazing and he was very clear on how everything works. It just proved to be the right choice at the right time. Overall the company has been amazing, the workers are super up front and clear about any and all changes that have occurred and it's been super easy. We're consuming way more than what our solar panels are producing and I understand that changes seasonally but, it's definitely not the value that we were expecting.

Dani Stone Mesa, AZ

James S was my rep and he warmly walked me through every step. Even after the solar was installed and paid for, he was only a phone call away to walk me through my situation. I didn't even know something wasn't working and they showed up to fix an issue. I can't recommend TriSmart enough.

Ian Littleton, CO

I don't have any issues with them. They were the best fit for what I needed. I've had no issues with customer service, they've done everything I've asked. I think installation was all done in one day. Other than that they came back the next day to fix a couple things but it was smooth with no issues. Everything works properly and I've been able to check the status of the app and everything so I can kind of see how everything's going so it's very user friendly and transparent.

Allen Lone Oak, TX

I don't have any problems with this company. As far as installation, all materials were delivered and they showed up and were done in a day. It was pretty fast, they cleaned up after themselves. It was done well. The product is pretty user friendly. The panels are still working good. I haven't had any issues at all. I think it is a little expensive.

Cecil Mabank, TX

My overall experience has been very positive. Every time I've had a problem they have responded. They came in and they did a thorough inspection before installing the panels. They installed them and did a very thorough job. And I've been very pleased with everything. Everybody was great. They were really great at taking good care of me and I'm very pleased with what they have provided for us. Value for your money is absolutely great.

Jacob

The owners are great guys and I feel comfortable with their company. Anytime I need anything I'm able to get a hold of someone and that is really important to me. Installation was smooth. I mean there weren't any hang ups or issues at all. We were happy with it. I am happy with the equipment too. We work closely with Zack and with Mark and John and all three of those guys were awesome guys and so if we were ever to go solar again in another house we would certainly consider using trismart.

Tomasz Castle Rock, CO

I like the equipment that they use and the price competitiveness. Very responsive and very attentive to questions and requests for changes that I had. They were just on top of things. During installation, I had a few requests of where I wanted the panels to go and they took care of that. They were very good at adapting to the changes. I have no issues with the product, so far it works really well. And all the equipment is functioning how it is supposed to. It is easy to work with them.

Michael San Antonio, TX

Reputable. Anytime we had an issue or problem they were quick to respond and resolve. Installation was very smooth and very quick with no hiccups. Very happy with the work of the professionalism. And the expertise that everybody came with. So far we've had no issues with any of the equipment. We've been very pleased with the materials we have been able to purchase. Customer support is great.

Kenneth San Antonio, TX

Salesman was straight to the point. So far I've only had like one or two issues and when I called, they took care of it and got everything handled. Installation was quick and fast and they were professional and they made sure that they didn't leave any trash behind or anything else. We've had it for about three years and so far I haven't had any issues with anything and haven't had to call about anything at all.

Gregory Bottoms Elgin, TX

They are a little more expensive but I think the quality that you get basically offsets that. Trisamart so far been fantastic and working with the consultants I've been working with. The survey and installation was basically seamless and there was total communication all the way along the line and great follow up afterwards to ensure that everything was working properly. They were very responsive that issues I had with the system and they come out take care of it. They were able to provide the answers I needed.

Erin Kekai Lockhart, TX

I am happy with TriSMART Solar and their customer service. However, I am NOT happy with the person who sold us the solar panelis. I am Extremely disappointed about how he has handled certain aspects about our loan agreement. He PROMISED us referral compensation payments, but he has Never once adhered to his promise. His sales techniques are crap and he is Never available to help when I need answers. I realize he is Not personally affiliated with TriSMART Solar, therefore I do Not blame them. TriSMART Solar has always been available to answer my questions and offer me good advice.

Shad Harlingen, TX

I would said 5 just because they've been very responsive and you know if there was any issues you know as I'm sure you know when. You know once it's installed and they're still the process of getting everything expected before you turn it on and all that kind of stuff and and they were very supportive as far as that way and then trying to make sure that you know they sometimes it is a process you know word to get now your city out there but also you know my electric provider and things like that and. So they were they were pretty good trying to keep abreast of all added in making sure that didn't take longer than than the appropriate amount of time you know you know even though the north is a process do take currently we're still good in doing that. everything seems to be working appropriately everything seems to be running the way that the way they were going to be it's not. Paul P. early or anything like that it it all seems to be working very smoothly and well I would have an issue. I said I haven't had any issues. And everything that are my question with them is been met my satisfaction so. I've actually already mentioned it to a few people. It was really very simple and easy and I mean really you don't have to do much at all given access to our garage which has a our our panel you know our our panel or whatever and then you know obviously access to the to the backs and when you do have the sent back in on it but it was not immediately. Is very quick and easy was working from home or to try again and destructive you know might not at all as far as noise or anything like that I mean you get all those pretty simple and quick. Just the fact that everybody was very professional I emailed the installation process was very sweetly and you know the. Customer support and everything else very good as far as you know following checking on you know how its going the emails that I received your email also very helpful and are you see. Reminding me of you even I'm just you know happen with you soon and and even though it's I don't you know pay and everything like that it's still nice to to get the email in the mail you know Hey is. And you know whatever so he I think it's just overall it's just a really good. Really good process and the communications are really good so.

Roy Mesquite, TX

My experience has been very positive. They were able to communicate with me. Throughout the process we had delays because of the city and they were able to keep me informed on the progress of the project. The equipment looks good, not bulky and doesn't distort the look of my home. The cost is very efficient. The whole process took about four months but they followed through on every step and were trustworthy. Installation was very quick and efficient, took two and a half days and I was very happy with the look of escalation and the timeliness. This was a pleasant experience from initial contract throughout installation and performance so I would highly recommend trismart to others who are looking for solar panels.

TriSMART Solar Logo

Reply from TriSMART Solar

Roy, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience with TriSMART Solar. We strive to continue to provide you with best-in-class service. Please feel free to tell others about your experience with TriSMART Solar.

Jun. 14th, 2022

Oscar Pharr, TX

The sales people came by and they were better able to explain all the solar panels and working with the material. Whenever I called they were always respond to my questions and very knowledgeable on their on their materials in solar panel systems. It was basically seamless, the installers came by introduce themselves they let me know what they would do and how long it would take them and what part of the house should be working on and everything went without incident.Iit's been very durable, my neighbors have had different companies that came by and they install that and they've had trouble they've had issues with the panels and I have not.

Ruben Segovia San Antonio, TX

Service provided by the company has been Excellent. In all areas, in person, phone and technical. Individuals return messages and made sure any issues were properly addressed.

Justin Jones Litchfield Park, AZ

There has definitely been some bumps through the process of getting solar Installed but I have to say regardless of what occurred the customer service has been outstanding. I wish more companies operated this way .

Anonymous Alamo, TX

The installation process went quickly. I had a little trouble at the beginning with the product but then everything started working good. I would recommend it to others to use as well to save on their electric bill. Value for your money is good.

Mark San Benito, TX

The salesman was upfront and honest and explained things to me. I had a small issue with my system early on and they came out very quickly to fix it. Installation went very smooth and they took care of the permitting process. They were here when they said they were going to be here. I haven't had any issues with the product.

Amani Houston, TX

I like the price. The installation process was smooth and considering the number of panels we had put on it was a positive experience. We've had no problems with the product. One time the power was out and my wifi messed up and the service tech came out and reset it and other than that there have been no major issues.

Joe Del Rio, TX

Looks like it it's great quality based off of how it's working and how it looks. Every time I've called they were ready to respond, they're really helpful. The installers were very knowledgeable in what they were doing. They're real friendly they were able to answer any questions we had. Everything was great. I had no problems whatsoever.

Harold Round Rock, TX

If I ever had an issue I could call. And they would take care of it or someone would get right back with me. We have had it for almost a year now and have had zero problems. Everything seems to be working great. I am very likely to recommend them to a friend. The installation process was simple and easy, they told us the date and time. And everything was done on schedule as promised. The person who came by the house and explained the whole process was knowledgeable about it and answered all the questions. We have been very happy going with solar.

Kimberly Converse, TX

The presentation was good and what they had to offer was great. They were always available when we needed them and when we have questions or concerns they were always available for. It was smooth, it was fast and they've got it done in a timely manner. Everything was first class. The panels have a good warranty and the service was good. They did everything they promised. They were always on time and everything.

Jose Brownsville, TX

I looked at several companies and pretty much I like what TriSMART was offering. It went smooth and fast. The way that the panel look on my ceiling that looks pretty good and I have no issue whatsoever. I'm a satisfied customer with TriSMART I don't have any issues. Everything on my equipment is working properly that I have that I was provided to monitor my energy is working well.

Tena Cedar Park, TX

Their presentation was very thorough and what they presented made sense to me. Their response was quickly with any questions all right and after everything was installed in it came time for my income tax I contacted the person who was the manager and she sent me all the paper work at this very easy for me to get my tax refund. The crew manager talk with me every day and they cleaned up after themselves very professionally. The value was very good and they are guaranteed.

Matt Round Rock, TX

They were just so nice and helpful right off the bat - nothing but honesty from them. I really didn't feel the need to go search around with other solar companies after talking to them. . I was paying $330 a month for electricity and that's down to $155. Overall great - the only issue was the disconnect between the loan financing vs the salesman vs the installation. It was a little disconnected and it took a little more effort to figure out who I need to talk to. Not terrible but I think that could be improved

Aundreal Killeen, TX

The pannels are awesome, the amount of solar panels that I got with them was like half as much as other companies, it was unbelievable. There was no question on my mind of which company I was gonna go with. Overall it was a great process, it was wonderful and I definitely say if you're in your forever home this is definitely the way to go solar and TriSMART is an awesome company to do it. I had a software issue and they got resolved very quickly and didn't have any more issues after that. Right now our power just went out I don't have a battery operated system, but as soon as the power comes back on my system comes online, I don't have to do anything extra to make it come back on. We had all the pannels installed in two days, and that was delayed because of the weather. If we had a problem I was able to get a hold of someone and the problem was resolved immediately. I was able to get everything that I wanted without having to have an extra utility bill.

Brian Spring, TX

Their honesty and integrity stood out to me. They addressed all my needs. Overall, installation went pretty good. I think there was one issue that they did end up coming back and resolving it.

Jova Andrews, TX

I've never had a problem with them fixing what I need or answering my questions. I had no problems with the installation process, it was very good. I haven't had any problems with the product either.

R and C Albuquerque, NM

For the most part everything went well except for a couple of delays due to product availability. The installation crew was great and they were open and honest,non intrusive. They have always been quick to respond if we had any questions or issues.

Ricardo

They answered all my questions. The equipment has been working. I will really recommend them to several people. Installation actually went smoothly. It was efficient. I wish it could generate more power so I don't need electricity.

Jessie

They helped me out, they put me up in a hotel while my home was being worked on and they were very transparent with me as to what was going to happen. I was satisfied with their customer service. I'm happy with the equipment, it is generating a lot of energy for me.

Elizabeth

We have had no issues with trying to sponsor a lesson. They are very trustworthy. The representative I talked to was very knowledgeable. Installation process went great. I would definitely recommend my trismart service to others.

Isaiah San Antonio, TX

Someone always answers the phone, they are always there to help me when I need. My bill has been cut down more than half, it has really helped me out and it works quickly. Installation went great, I knew the workers from high school.

Marvin Wichita Falls, TX

Very good help. I have already been recommending TriSMART to other people. During installation, they checked to make sure everything was working and they were very clean about their job and it was easy to work with people. Very professional. We're really happy with solar all the way.

Celina San Antonio, TX

The guy came he like really talked to me and I guess he got me a good value, I mean they were able to handle everything here even though I work a lot. Knowledgeable, friendly, good communication. I haven't had any problems with it, everything's pretty good.

John Converse, TX

They came and installed all the hardware and then came out and did the inspection and then they turned it on. It's very goal sustaining and if you do have a problem they will walk you through out to fixed it, or fixed it if you can't.

Nichole Converse, TX

When I reached out to customer service one time to figure out why my electricity bill is so high I wasn't like walked through step by step instead I was sent package for me to read which was irritating. We've gone through I think to hail storms and all of the equipment is still working. We're saving a lot more money with the solar panels.

Julie Grand Prairie, TX

They did everything they needed to do. They went up and took a look at the roof and they drew up some schematics for how they thought the most efficient solar arrangement would go. They went up into the attic to determine where they would connect everything below and they had it all up in a couple of days it is was really quick. Everyone was really nice. My electric bill is less now.

Mike Curtis San Antonio, TX

Helpful both during and after purchase including needing panels removed and reinstalled due to hail damage to roof (not panels).

Kyle Wilkinson San Antonio, TX

When they set up my Solar Panels they made the whole process very easy and didn't interrupt my life at all while installing them.

Allen Converse, TX

The sales person that I was dealing with was nice and polite and I like the product. It works good, I haven't had any problems. I'm just totally happy with it.

Erik

Customer service always makes sure everything is ok and they are on top of things. Installation of the panels was smooth. Everything is working, there have been no problems.

Nicole

The only issue we had was miscommunication regarding how we were paying. But the equipment has been good, we haven't had any issues. Installation went well, it was quick so that was a good thing.

Jamie saldivar Lubbock, TX

Got everything set up on my house right the first time, everything that was said in contract was installed the way it should. No problems with system and solar power is being produced everyday.

Bill Sparks Houston, TX

They were very careful of our property, the new roof, the garden beds. The installation guys delivered just as the salesman said they would. We LOVE the product and are already saving $$$$.

Bernardo San Antonio, TX

My installation was very smooth. They were always on time and cleaned up after themselves. Every time I call they're always super nice and very helpful. It's saving money on my power.

Grecia Georgetown, TX

Trismart put the system up pretty quick. The guy was super nice and very respectful. It was easy and now it works perfectly fine, I haven't had any problem at all. The company answers right away.

Anonymous Temple, TX

They are a little pricier than others, very expensive. I do highly recommend them and their panels are top notch and I had no issues. Our panels look phenomenal, you can barely see the panels if you don't look hard enough you wouldn't know I had solar. It was quick, professional. They did an excellent job.

John Converse, TX

Service and professionalism. In how the employees responded to my inquires and was patient with my dealings with them

Mateo N Pineda San Antonio, TX

Upon the arrival of the panels, install was fast and mess was cleaned up. No leaks thus far. Electric bill has decreased by 2/3