TriSMART Solar Logo

TriSMART Solar

6.5

LAST UPDATED: September 29th, 2022

TriSMART Solar is a Texas-based solar installation provider that also serves select cities in Utah and Arizona. The company designs and engineers both residential and commercial solar projects using top-of-the-line solar products, and is also a professional roofing contractor in the lone star state.

Homeowners can obtain zero down financing on most solar projects through TriSMART's financing partners, and the installation process is completed in as little as one day.

The Good

• Top-Level Solar Products
  • Zero Down Financing
  • Professional Roofing Contractor

Top-Level Solar Products

TriSMART Solar uses some of the best solar panels, inverters, and backup battery systems to build its solar energy systems. Manufacturing partners include the following:

• REC Solar — REC Solar’s panels are widely considered to be on par with industry leaders like SunPower and LG in terms of energy efficiency, durability, and price. REC Solar panels come with a 25-year warranty.
  • Enphase — TriSMART Solar is an Enphase Premium Installer, meaning the company is well versed in all of Enphase’s products, including microinverters, and demonstrates outstanding customer service.
  • Unirac — TriSMART is also a Platinum Certified Unirac installer, and maintains strict roof mounting installation standards that are unmatched in the solar industry.
  • Generac — TriSMART Solar also installs backup battery and generator solutions from Generac, one of the leaders in solar energy storage solutions.

Zero Down Financing

TriSMART Solar provides customers with zero-down financing, which allows them to take full advantage of state rebates and the Federal Tax Credit, while also saving hundreds of dollars on their utility bill during the first year.

Professional Roofing Contractor

TriSMART Solar is also a professional roofing contractor. All roofing projects, be it repair or replacement, come with a five-year labor warranty, and TriSMART Solar is well-versed in handling insurance claims relating to roof damage.

If your roof has been damaged by wind or hail, TriSMART Solar may be able to help you facilitate a new roof replacement that is paid 100 percent by your insurance provider.

The Bad

• Mostly Available in Texas
  • Not NABCEP Certified
  • Solar Workmanship Warranty

Mostly Available in Texas

In addition to Phoenix, Arizona and Salt Lake City, Utah, TriSMART Solar is only available in the following Texas cities:

• Austin
  • Houston
  • Lubbock
  • San Antonio
  • Midland

Consumers located elsewhere in the United States will need to find a different solar company.

Not NABCEP Certified

Though the solar provider has achieved numerous manufacturer-specific certifications, it does not appear to hold an industry certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).

The NABCEP is responsible for upholding high installation standards at the industry level, and produces some of the most rigorous solar technician training programs in the country. Companies with this certification identify themselves as true experts in solar.

Solar Workmanship Warranty

Despite 25-year equipment and production guarantees that come standard with every TriSMART Solar system, the company has yet to disclose what workmanship warranty is available for a solar panel system. The workmanship warranty covers damage caused by installer error, and leading companies provide this coverage for up to 25 years.

The Bottom Line

TriSMART Solar installs robust solar panel systems that are built to last and provides flexible financing options to help homeowners begin saving money from day one. If you live in Texas, Phoenix, or Salt Lake City, TriSMART Solar could be the right choice.

In order to know for sure, we encourage homeowners to read the latest TriSMART Solar reviews to see if the company lives up to its impressive resume, and to compare what they find with reviews for different local solar companies. And, as always, ask companies lots of questions as you comparison shop and read all fine print before signing a contract.

View Best Solar Companies

3.4

Brenda Fort Worth, TX

They were the first ones who actually told me that I would get a rebate on my taxes. They were the best informed. They did their stuff and left and I haven't been able to get any other questions answered. So it was good to begin with, but after they installed its impossible to get answers.

Donna M. Garza San Antonio, TX

The panels are not producing as expected or predicted by the sales rep. I understood that Trismart would pay the difference and that has not happened. My meter is showing that it is off-line and a rep is yet to check this status.

Martisha Owen Georgetown, TX

When I purchased the system, I was told that I wouldn't be making payments on the solar bill, and the bill from the city where I live. That turned out to be untrue. I'm paying for the solar system, and still paying a monthly electric bill. I was very disappointed.

Amy L Sanders San Antonio, TX

The representative sold us the panels. We get the bill. Only heard back from this company to fill out this survey. Read your paperwork. That's all the information we received.

Julia Lara Hutto, TX

Everything was great until I requested assistance getting my system back online. Still waiting for a technician. My system is currently not working and I am paying large electric bills.

Jim Nelson

I have lived in this home for over a year, and I have yet to get a clear explanation for the discrepancy between what enphase reads and what my meter clocks over the same period.

Judith San Antonio, TX

When I have problem they take proper care of me. They put a nail through my roof and I had a lot of problems with the insurance company and everybody else so I'm not happy that it took about eight months before I could get them to come in to replace the back half of the roof, but now it's going okay. The panels are working.

Jorge Ayala Snyder, TX

I am rating Tristar a 3 because I am still paying over 200.00 dollars a month and less than 50.00 in credit. I need someone to come by and evaluate my usage to the rate of the solar I am producing this is going on for 3 months now . Help

Patricia Vasquez San Antonio, TX

So far it's been good but it's difficult to get someone right away if we have questions. It makes it feel sketchy calling the customer care line and it goes to voice-mail. They call back but it is different and not used to it.

Michelle Rios Cypress, TX

At first it was great, we produced more than we were consuming. But the last couple of months we are not producing the amount we were in the first month and now are having to pay an electric bill on top of the monthly payment towards the panels. So that stinks as we were told we wouldn't be paying for electricity.

Ashley

As far as the installation process, they came out, did their survey, got their permits, and then they came out and started on it one day and then it took two weeks for them to come back and finish. Once I got my equipment all installed, they really didn't give me a walkthrough on how to check on my solar panels. They just installed it and didn't give me any kind of information on how it was going to work or anything like that.

Anna Hutto, TX

They seem to be they seem to offer a better panels and better warranty and a little bit cheaper. They're not very forthcoming with information that I think new solar owners need. You have to realize that there's an issue to come a call and then they tell you. They got it done fairly quickly, I think it took maybe two days. I haven't had any faulty equipment and it functions well.

Regina Salinas Houston, TX

I am till paying seperate electric bill and have no idea when it will stop. I was quoted that I would generate 95% of my kwh usage and then would be covered up to 100% for 1st 10 years.

Luis

I've been having a lot of problems with it lately. I don't know what's wrong with it, I've been calling trying to get in touch with somebody to help me and I just can't get any help. Yesterday I talked to Mr Juan Carlene and he helped me a little. I've been paying more than what I used to pay. I'm still waiting for someone to come fix the panels.

Martha Nguyen Wheat Round Rock, TX

I have not seen that much of a reduction in my electricity as I was promised by the company with having solar panels. It also took a while to find a time to schedule to have the solar panels put in. During the installation process, material was left overnight at my house. I had to ask my representative to contact triSMART to remove the materials.

Alexyz Harlingen, TX

I do love the service but I would not purchase solar panels again. But everyone that I have spoken with has been very pleasant and has been able to answer all of my questions. I don't think the product really works to be honest. But installation was efficient, I was satisfied with that.

J Jarrell, TX

Installation went okay, the only problem is that a lot of trash was left behind by the workers. It was frustrating and I had no idea whether they were going to come back or not. There needs to be more communication. The company is a little misleading.

Michael Mission, TX

I'm not real happy with them to be honest. They came and installed it, the guy told me if I wanted copies of the report just contact them and I did it three times and I never did get it. Installation went pretty quickly. They didn't leave a mess, they cleaned up after themselves.

Benjamin Orozco

Took a very long time to setup Solar Panels. Took a few months to get to the problem of why the panels were not reporting productivity. Underperformed the first year. I am a really laid back person and this purchase to install to keep maintenance... so SUPER STRESSFUL

Janice young Rowlett, TX

Communication has always been a challenge, my panels don't produce enough - I got a 550 and 475 electric bill for June and July

Jt Ore City, TX

They have the best rate. I've had some questions that they didn't have answers to. I think the product is pretty good. I wish they offered the batteries in my package.

Maria

I had some issues with it and they were not able to help me with that. Technical support was not very good. There was some damage. The quickness of the equipment is good. I chose solar panels because of the money.

James

They were good at the beginning. When you call, they say they can send someone out to figure it out. Installation took a little long. It was an easy process but they had to reschedule to installation time.

steve slider Fort Worth, TX

can't get a person on the phone, or even call back after leaving a phone number.i dont like to text.

Timothy San Antonio, TX

They take a while to get back to you. The thing gets knocked off line sometimes and I have to go outside and realign it.

Sandra Hutto, TX

As far as what the billing of it or I mean we don't notice any difference as far as electricity. It's kind of confusing with the billing and everything.

Kelli Temple, TX

It's very frustrating trying to get a hold of people or getting a call back. Installation was very quick, they got done I believe in one or two days. Definitely with the app and everything that I use the equipment is good.

Frank E Warren Rhome, TX

Hard to reach if panels stop working. Had to contact sales person to get a response.

Mark E Hutchinson Pflugerville, TX

Communication was terrible on when things would happen and that put things off schedule for finalizing the install of my solar panels

Raymundo Rodriguez LA Joya, TX

The representative I spoke with was very helpful, but a technician was supposed to come check my system and they were not sent.

Amber San Angelo, TX

When I had problems with installation, the representative helped me resolve them. There was damage but they took care of it.

Mark San Antonio, TX

Nothing is like what I was told or explained, I'm just another number on the board I barely or never produce 50% of my own electricity.

Carol San Marcos, TX

It went fairly well or worse from delayed because they were missing panels. It take two months to get it scheduled to be installed.

Anthony R Johnson Mico, TX

No follow up to see if I'm happy or interested in improvments.

Carrie New Braunfels, TX

Difficulty getting initial problem correctly diagnosed and fixed.

Andres N Arispe San Antonio, TX

Not all information given to me at the beginning was correct.

Lucinda Gonzalez

I'm still paying a high electric bill and the solar panels

Michael Ingleside, TX

The instllation was slow but it finally got done. TriSMART Solar were the only ones who wanted to take my money.

Cheyenne olmedo Round Rock, TX

The customer service is great but the solar is not worth the money i spent. I would not recommend solar in general nor would i do it again

Billy Killeen, TX

I have no problem with equipment. I have been saving.Sometimes when I have question I can't reach them and they call me back when they feel like it.

Arnold Turner Longmont, CO

Often takes a long time to get anything done.

Lenora Mathews Sanger, TX

It is hard to get ahold of anyone to discuss issues.

Roy New Braunfels, TX

I have had an average experience with them. The installation process was good.

Antoinette Aceves El Paso, TX

Still paying electric company haven't earned credit after a year.

Melissa Johnston Fort Worth, TX

I am waiting on a Technician to call as my system does not seem to be working properly.

Roel Converse, TX

My solar system is not working to full capacity and providing the electricity promised

Angus Las Cruces, NM

It works. But the support is not consistent. The installation process went poorly.

Shaun Desoto, TX

Didn't deliver extras that it promised. System is too small for the output we need.

Gabriel Montgomery Killeen, TX

My install date kept getting pushed to the right because crews were taking other jobs ahead of mine.

David Maldonado Vernon, TX

Don't feel we get a the production we should