TriSMART Solar Logo

TriSMART Solar

6.5

LAST UPDATED: September 29th, 2022

TriSMART Solar is a Texas-based solar installation provider that also serves select cities in Utah and Arizona. The company designs and engineers both residential and commercial solar projects using top-of-the-line solar products, and is also a professional roofing contractor in the lone star state.

Homeowners can obtain zero down financing on most solar projects through TriSMART's financing partners, and the installation process is completed in as little as one day.

The Good

• Top-Level Solar Products
  • Zero Down Financing
  • Professional Roofing Contractor

Top-Level Solar Products

TriSMART Solar uses some of the best solar panels, inverters, and backup battery systems to build its solar energy systems. Manufacturing partners include the following:

• REC Solar — REC Solar’s panels are widely considered to be on par with industry leaders like SunPower and LG in terms of energy efficiency, durability, and price. REC Solar panels come with a 25-year warranty.
  • Enphase — TriSMART Solar is an Enphase Premium Installer, meaning the company is well versed in all of Enphase’s products, including microinverters, and demonstrates outstanding customer service.
  • Unirac — TriSMART is also a Platinum Certified Unirac installer, and maintains strict roof mounting installation standards that are unmatched in the solar industry.
  • Generac — TriSMART Solar also installs backup battery and generator solutions from Generac, one of the leaders in solar energy storage solutions.

Zero Down Financing

TriSMART Solar provides customers with zero-down financing, which allows them to take full advantage of state rebates and the Federal Tax Credit, while also saving hundreds of dollars on their utility bill during the first year.

Professional Roofing Contractor

TriSMART Solar is also a professional roofing contractor. All roofing projects, be it repair or replacement, come with a five-year labor warranty, and TriSMART Solar is well-versed in handling insurance claims relating to roof damage.

If your roof has been damaged by wind or hail, TriSMART Solar may be able to help you facilitate a new roof replacement that is paid 100 percent by your insurance provider.

The Bad

• Mostly Available in Texas
  • Not NABCEP Certified
  • Solar Workmanship Warranty

Mostly Available in Texas

In addition to Phoenix, Arizona and Salt Lake City, Utah, TriSMART Solar is only available in the following Texas cities:

• Austin
  • Houston
  • Lubbock
  • San Antonio
  • Midland

Consumers located elsewhere in the United States will need to find a different solar company.

Not NABCEP Certified

Though the solar provider has achieved numerous manufacturer-specific certifications, it does not appear to hold an industry certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).

The NABCEP is responsible for upholding high installation standards at the industry level, and produces some of the most rigorous solar technician training programs in the country. Companies with this certification identify themselves as true experts in solar.

Solar Workmanship Warranty

Despite 25-year equipment and production guarantees that come standard with every TriSMART Solar system, the company has yet to disclose what workmanship warranty is available for a solar panel system. The workmanship warranty covers damage caused by installer error, and leading companies provide this coverage for up to 25 years.

The Bottom Line

TriSMART Solar installs robust solar panel systems that are built to last and provides flexible financing options to help homeowners begin saving money from day one. If you live in Texas, Phoenix, or Salt Lake City, TriSMART Solar could be the right choice.

In order to know for sure, we encourage homeowners to read the latest TriSMART Solar reviews to see if the company lives up to its impressive resume, and to compare what they find with reviews for different local solar companies. And, as always, ask companies lots of questions as you comparison shop and read all fine print before signing a contract.

View Best Solar Companies

3.4

Ryan Friendswood, TX

Once I got my solar panels installed, half of them didn't work. They never called and told me that until a year later. They don't have good communication and I was disappointed. I thought the installation process went very well because the first time they had to send another crew out to come back and do additional work because it wasn't done right the first time so I was happy with that but not the first part of installation. They don't let anyone know when their bills are going up and they don't answer when customers have questions. They hide from the actual problems. I wouldn't recommend TriSMART.

Jessica Corpus Christi, TX

We have the app and my husband uses it all the time. I got an email that showed me how much electricity we've used and how much we are saving and whatnot so that I like the panels. Installation process was good.There was no issues. Everybody I talked to was not very good at explaining anything. We even had people that came over here said they were part of trismart but they weren't. The only reason why they lowered the sales price was because another guy was offering something lower. They were talking so much crap about the other guy that saying he's not even from corporate but they weren't from corporate either, they're not even from here. But they matched it anyways.

Sandra escareno

We never get any money coming back to us. My granddaughter received money back the first month they got solar and every month after that

22 hours ago

Carie San Antonio, TX

Every interaction I had with customer service was positive and quick to be resolved. The hardest part was getting the pedestals built. Other than that it went pretty smooth. There was a bunch of delays. They weren't able to get a cement truck to come in and they had to make all the cement on site. I haven't had any problems with it, it seems to be functioning properly.

Paisley McGowan Desoto, TX

It took 14 months to get my panels installed and running. I gave lots of grace due to supply chain issues but the responsiveness and lack of communication between third parties was impossible. No one knew what was happening and there was minimal communication, when I did reach out to them, they had no notes. It was a very frustrating process.

Drew Nudd Round Rock, TX

Im rating as a 2 because I am currently frustrated with the amount of money I am still paying my municipal utility company for electricity. Since the solar panels have been installed, I have not seen any reduction in our utility bills.

Darrell

Customer service representatives were quick to respond. It was a little hard to get into contact with my sales rep, he has still not responded to my concerns about my paperwork and contract documents. But the rest of the team did a great job for me. I haven't had any issues like with the actual equipment itself. I don't think the warranty was that good. The company isn't great at answering questions. Installation was pretty quick overall, some panels were coming loose but they came back to fix it.

Janet Demro Harlingen, TX

Still paying more in electric bill than I was led to believe it would be " I was signed up through Vivint" No one from TriSmart checked with me on a payment plan or offered me the option to pay upfront" I didn't find out til after that I could have had a cash desk with them if I had been able to work directly with them.. I ended up in a loan that fortunately I was able to get out of, but I'm still sure that I ended up paying more than necessary" and now No one will answer the phone now that panels have been installed"

Stanley Montgomery Rosharon, TX

visited by sales reps. When I told them. I would not benefit from the Solar program because now I have to pay 32-38 yr.contract when my bill was always $80-$100 monthly no I have to pay $96 and some odd cents for a few months and then it will go up to 130 something so really I am not benefiting from this . And door to door representative or just like cars salesman once they get to you in the vehicle they do not have anything else to do with you !!!

Eric Las Cruces, NM

My experience with TriSMART Solar was not too good. For three days in a row we had to stay in a hotel because they shut off the power. I was not reimbursed for my expenses. Nothing is wrong with the product, it looks good and they installed it quickly. It works pretty well as well and I've had no issues. It was longer process than I thought. It was supposed to be a forty five day turnaround, it ended up being probably a 6 month project for them. I don't know if that had anything to do with covid or with the material.

Benjamin Orozco

Took a very long time to setup Solar Panels. Took a few months to get to the problem of why the panels were not reporting productivity. Underperformed the first year. I am a really laid back person and this purchase to install to keep maintenance... so SUPER STRESSFUL

Glenn Schertz, TX

The equipment seems to work well. They had to go back to the city three times to get the city to approve because they didn't do it right. I had to call sales rep every day and he was totally unresponsive.

Alton Jones San Antonio, TX

TriSmart and Vivint didn't communicate for the correct amount of panels for the percentage of power they would help produce. I was supposed to have enough panels to take care of 60% of my normal usage and it only vovers 25-40%

Armando Corpus Christi, TX

There were no safety protocols followed during the installation process. They were very aggressive with the panels so when he was unloading them out of the truck he scratched the bottom of every single one of them. It was a very rough installation.

Anonymous Wichita Falls, TX

In the beginning it was great and they were able to come out and install, which was also great, but it's just not dealing with this issue I had and I just can't get any help about it. The installation was it was fine it was it was all done in one day. It just doesn't perform the way they had said it would perform. If I had to do it again now I definitely would not have not gone through them

Bobby Slayton Canyon, TX

After install they left holes in my sheet rock that's never been repaired and holes in my sofet where the had to redo work.

S Corpus Christi, TX

It is not doing what I was told it would doing. And everytime I call, they just tell me that the product is doing what it is supposed to be doing. Installation went pretty well, but I would not recommend TriSMART Solar.

Jeff Blokel

Your sales rep got us to go with you by saying we would get a $600 sign on. We never received it and when I contacted him about it he ignored me.

Chuck Collins Boerne, TX

Poor communications. Poor project management. Poor scheduling. Not enough staff. Uneducated/inexperienced sales personnel. Installers were great.

Arthur Mitchell Schertz, TX

Recent solar repair was achieved. Our electric bill went up to $168.69. However we got did not get compensated for the increase at no fault of our own!

William Morris Las Cruces, NM

Communication was sparse to non existent and mostly driven by me throughout the project. I never had confidence that my install was going to order or vision. Everything took at least 2 tries by Trismart to get what was discussed on paper. Design aspects discussed with onsite personnel were not conveyed to project managers and the end result was not the install I envisioned ... but too late as my roof and splash panel had a hole in it. Installers did not make contact with me or my family during installs or the 4 or 5 following inspections, fails and subsequent corrections. The install took nearly 8 months from signing to the system being in production. I have not been able to figure our how to contact the company to get my state tax paperwork completed or re-provided. The thing that saves them from 1 star is that when my install went over-deadline, the company footed my first 3 loan payments, and that I got the system I wanted, eventually, almost. My sales rep was awesome and responsive.

Elizabeth Denton, TX

One time I called and they took a long time to answer and give me a solution. It was a smooth process of installation.

Melissa Killeen, TX

Installation was quick and easy. I don't recommend the system they provide, I am not saving enough money.

Lucinda Gonzalez

I'm still paying a high electric bill and the solar panels

Dawn Keller, TX

We had issues from the very beginning and never came out with a satisfactory outcome. The installation process was long.

Theo Pflugerville, TX

There was no proper contact or any open and complete communication due to their ignorance. The equipment is good, I am happy with the equipment.

Wendy Somerset, TX

The process of installation went smoothly. Right now the product is not sending information.

Vanessa New Braunfels, TX

They don't call you back. Installation was good and quick. The product has failed a couple times.

Larry Hamrick Denton, TX

My system is supposed to produce enough energy to so that I would not have a bill butt it obviously doesn't

Roel Vela Converse, TX

My experience is not what I expected, solar panels are not supplying enough power like what I was told

angel vigil San Juan, TX

product is good but alot of material was left on roof and a dropped object fell hitting my teenage on the eyebrow!

Humberto Ontiveros

Good product but sales person lied to get the sale, after that communication was minimal. Stopped answering my messages

Amanda Cuellar Las Cruces, NM

Communication with TriSMART representatives is poor. It is difficult to get someone to answer questions. I was told several times that I would get a call back with someone who could address my concerns. I never got my calls answered.

Michelle Nicole Arvizu Lubbock, TX

No comes out to check when I need them. I've been waiting for awhile now.

Tim shepard McAllen, TX

Sales person lied about multiple things when he could've been honest and up front

Michelle Foskett Spring, TX

Not performing as promised; not saving $

Estela Powell McAllen, TX

They were not informative, never heard back from them.

Antonio Sandavol Killeen, TX

Multiple water leaks from roof damage from initial install from a year ago

David C Jarrett Plano, TX

due to the time it took to get the system up an running

Shaterrica Dillard Converse, TX

I still have a monthly energy bill in addition to trismart

Jesse Mata Mount Pleasant, TX

Not worth it paying same thing in electrical bill

Amanda Cuellar Las Cruces, NM

The attention to customer service from TriSMART did not meet my expections.

Dale Albuquerque, NM

Extreme lack of communication on their part. Extremely slow.