TriSMART Solar Logo

TriSMART Solar

6.5

LAST UPDATED: September 29th, 2022

TriSMART Solar is a Texas-based solar installation provider that also serves select cities in Utah and Arizona. The company designs and engineers both residential and commercial solar projects using top-of-the-line solar products, and is also a professional roofing contractor in the lone star state.

Homeowners can obtain zero down financing on most solar projects through TriSMART's financing partners, and the installation process is completed in as little as one day.

The Good

• Top-Level Solar Products
  • Zero Down Financing
  • Professional Roofing Contractor

Top-Level Solar Products

TriSMART Solar uses some of the best solar panels, inverters, and backup battery systems to build its solar energy systems. Manufacturing partners include the following:

• REC Solar — REC Solar’s panels are widely considered to be on par with industry leaders like SunPower and LG in terms of energy efficiency, durability, and price. REC Solar panels come with a 25-year warranty.
  • Enphase — TriSMART Solar is an Enphase Premium Installer, meaning the company is well versed in all of Enphase’s products, including microinverters, and demonstrates outstanding customer service.
  • Unirac — TriSMART is also a Platinum Certified Unirac installer, and maintains strict roof mounting installation standards that are unmatched in the solar industry.
  • Generac — TriSMART Solar also installs backup battery and generator solutions from Generac, one of the leaders in solar energy storage solutions.

Zero Down Financing

TriSMART Solar provides customers with zero-down financing, which allows them to take full advantage of state rebates and the Federal Tax Credit, while also saving hundreds of dollars on their utility bill during the first year.

Professional Roofing Contractor

TriSMART Solar is also a professional roofing contractor. All roofing projects, be it repair or replacement, come with a five-year labor warranty, and TriSMART Solar is well-versed in handling insurance claims relating to roof damage.

If your roof has been damaged by wind or hail, TriSMART Solar may be able to help you facilitate a new roof replacement that is paid 100 percent by your insurance provider.

The Bad

• Mostly Available in Texas
  • Not NABCEP Certified
  • Solar Workmanship Warranty

Mostly Available in Texas

In addition to Phoenix, Arizona and Salt Lake City, Utah, TriSMART Solar is only available in the following Texas cities:

• Austin
  • Houston
  • Lubbock
  • San Antonio
  • Midland

Consumers located elsewhere in the United States will need to find a different solar company.

Not NABCEP Certified

Though the solar provider has achieved numerous manufacturer-specific certifications, it does not appear to hold an industry certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).

The NABCEP is responsible for upholding high installation standards at the industry level, and produces some of the most rigorous solar technician training programs in the country. Companies with this certification identify themselves as true experts in solar.

Solar Workmanship Warranty

Despite 25-year equipment and production guarantees that come standard with every TriSMART Solar system, the company has yet to disclose what workmanship warranty is available for a solar panel system. The workmanship warranty covers damage caused by installer error, and leading companies provide this coverage for up to 25 years.

The Bottom Line

TriSMART Solar installs robust solar panel systems that are built to last and provides flexible financing options to help homeowners begin saving money from day one. If you live in Texas, Phoenix, or Salt Lake City, TriSMART Solar could be the right choice.

In order to know for sure, we encourage homeowners to read the latest TriSMART Solar reviews to see if the company lives up to its impressive resume, and to compare what they find with reviews for different local solar companies. And, as always, ask companies lots of questions as you comparison shop and read all fine print before signing a contract.

View Best Solar Companies

3.4

Annette Segovia Laredo, TX

We have had several cases where our solar panels are not functioning and when we try to get a hold of someone to see what is wrong they don't return our calls. Both times I have had to email the administration to get a response.

Roberto Ramirez McAllen, TX

I use to pay $230 in the summer time,my last bill was $242 and the one before was $194,and I still had to pay the panal bill,iam a disabled veteran and I thought they were helping me out but I got ripped out, going to spread the word not to get panels.

Rather Notsay La Vernia, TX

It was supposed to be a 2 day installation, but it took over 3 weeks, they cut the fiber to the house, and had to make multiple trips to finish the full installation. The person who sold me the contract promised all kinds of things, but after the solar was going, it took over 3 months and me calling every week for him to finish the remaining items. They even had to come back out within the first month as something was installed backwards. As well, our usage has not changed and the independent rate is only at 40% and not the projected 70%, well under our discussions.

Leonardo San Antonio, TX

My salesman told me that I was gonna be about 75 percent efficient and from what I see my bills I'm about 50 percent efficient. They weren't supposed to put any panels on the back of my house and they put three panels on the back of my house, so the salesman was kind enough to actually give me a panel for free because the drawing that he labeled out for me was incorrect.

Samuel Campbell

I was told told my solar company did not put enough panels up which is why after the solar loan I paid the same amount. This again the same case. If you deduct what I pay for the loan and that amount I am still paying the same. There has been so far no cost benefit, which I was told it should be less than $50. My electric bill is over 200 and the loan is 100.

Benjamin Galinak Abilene, TX

Took almost a year to get my system completed. Not saving any money. The system they put on my house only supplies 30-40% of my needs. When I complain I get told it's my fault for using too much energy. They sold me a seriously underpowered system. So, now I'm paying the equivalent of 2 electric bills and they don't seems to want to do anything about it

Ashley Jeffcote Houston, TX

We had a salesman knock on our door and sold us based on how efficient it is to be solar these days. How we would be spending less money then paying 300$ on our electricity bill. When our panels were installed, 1. Two of our panels were installed incorrectly. And 2. We didn't have a battery installed" . And didn't find out until months later. WHAT IS THE POINT? We've called and requested one to be told, right now is not the time to have one installed for some stupid reason. I'm so disappointed in this company. We are paying for the panels, for the system and still paying electricity. This is the worst company don't listen to their stupid lies. We regret this decision and wish we didn't choose them to supply our solar panels

Debora

The install took almost a year to be functional and the panels did not work after. Plus I didn't receive enough to optimize my solar usage

Hilda Denver, CO

It was a good product at the time we bought it. But honestly we're very disappointed with the overall service. Installation process was a very bad experience. They could not pass in the test and it took almost a year to get involved. The product is not providing sufficient kilowatt energy like was promised.

Dean & Darcey Kaumans Royse City, TX

Panels were not installed as planned. Couldn't get a hold of our sales rep to talk to about issues, when we did they would only text back. Took almost 6 months after correct install of panels to get them operational. It took me telling a general call clerk that I had had it with the company and was contacting a lawyer. The next day we received a call and within 3 days the system was operational.

Miranda

It was a long process to get my panels. I kept calling back and forth asking questions and I kept getting the same answers. It took a while and it was not great overall. But installation went well. They were in and out in an hour and a half. Those people were actually nice and kept me informed. I would not recommended this company to another person to be honest. I have had a horrible experience with this company and my roof was damaged.

Rolando

I tried to get someone to come to my house and check my unit and nobody came or called me back. The equipment is not the percentage that they told me that I was going to have so now I have to pay a high electricity bill. They made it seem that it was a good deal but after all it wasn't. Installation process took a month and a half, almost two. Don't get solar panels.

Dacia

I haven't had any issues with the solar panels themselves. But it was supposed to help me save money with my electricity company and it has not done that. Now I have to pay two bills instead of one. But I haven't had any issues with customer service, just problems with the system. I will not recommend them to anybody. Once everything was approved, they were done with installation the same day.

Greg B Round Rock, TX

My panels were installed in October, 2021. The Tesla battery was not installed. I paid cash for the entire package. As of June, the LATEST promised installation date for my Battery is July, 2022. They did not inform me that they didn't have the batter until AFTER they had installed the panels. I find customer service to be unresponsive. Nobody will do anything to expedite my installion.

Sherrie Rose Pflugerville, TX

I feel like the salesmen was dishonest with us. He promised over and over that our disconnect fee would be covered. It was not. He promised the system would be enough for our house and I don't think it is. Over the past year we sit at about 36% energy independent. I'm also unsure about the report of the condition of our roof. Overall I felt like he wanted a sale and that was it.

Charles P Chan Sugar Land, TX

I purchased the contract last September with the promises of HOA application for solar installation, had the panels installed in 3 weeks. Later my HOA sent me a warning letter stating I did not apply for the installation and it's not in compliance with the HOA requirement and requested me to have them removed, I contacted my sale rep and he said he took care of it. I got few more warning letters later, forwarded the letters to sale rep and customer service and issues still not being resolved. Another issue is I still have to pay my utility bill not as I was told after a month after the panels generate power.

Jessica Del Rio, TX

It was fairly easy to install the panels. No issues with the product. I wish it wasn't so expensive. I tried to get out of my contract but wasn't able to prior to installation and I'm disappointed about that.

James Gainesville, TX

He really didn't do a good job installing the panels because he messed up and we had to have someone come later and fix it . He didn't hook it up to my panels correctly. They are not trustworthy, they lied.

Jessee Kingsville, TX

Seems there is zero communication within the company. I had to repeat myself about 5 times as to what the issue was with my solar monitor not registering all of the units. I just eventually gave up because I didn't have time to deal with it anymore. The service was so bad it felt like I was being pranked.

Richard Heald Round Rock, TX

I was significantly mislead about how the solar panel system would work. I was told the system, as installed, would power my home if electric service was lost. I was never told I needed a storage battery. This system was a very bad investment and I wish I had never done business with this dishonest company.

Richard Perez

System is not performing like I was told it would. Was told on sunny days during the summer months I would get 99% of daily used power. Have only hit 62% one or twice.

Michael San Antonio, TX

I just got it online, no one's ever gotten in contact with me. I don't want to deal with the guy anymore. I get blackouts with the product. I never met with the representative, everything was unprofessional and I felt like I got scammed.

Jeff Temple, TX

I was promised my equipment and it's been six months and I finally got an appointment to install my battery. Performance wise I am not seeing any benefit to the product. It is actually costing me more to have the solar system than to just pay an electric bill. Installation process went great. That was the best part of the whole experience.

David Clement Wright La Marque, TX

Lied about the output of the panels and require 26% payment within 17 months based on tax rebate knowing full well that the rebate is spread over 3 years. Straight fraud. Avoid at all costs said my panels would produce 130% of my usage and at best I get 40%

Nicole Pflugerville, TX

Unfortunately somebody came to my house and told me about solar and I didn't do enough research to find a better company. I repeatedly could not get in touch with people. They came multiple times and I was told that they also make multiple errors. It also took multiple times for Austin energy to half the solar for them to approve it I think it was four five times. The equipment so far seems to be good, we haven't had any issues with it so far it seems to be running fine.

Timothy Odessa, TX

I like the equipment but the customer service is definitely not good. One panel flew off and left a massive hole in my neighbors house. Installation was really messy. They actually got black spray paint all over my house and all over my driveway and all over sidewalk and street. They left screws on all kinds of things in the yard. You can't get a hold of anybody.

Wilton San Antonio, TX

Anytime I try to get help from anyone I can't reach anybody. The installation was severely delayed by several months it took six months to get everything installed and turned on it was frustrating and expensive and I wish I had never done it. It's not providing enough power that we were promised and no one will help me get that fixed. I wish someone would contact me and provide us the equipment and the service that we were promised for the amount of money that we're paying.

Juan Goitia San Antonio, TX

horrible custumers service / false advertisement / never completed service comitment/ not correct solar energy eval to what is needed.

Cesar Enriquez San Antonio, TX

From the beginning I haven't see the $13 monthly bill that the lying salesperson told me if I could I would cancel the whole thing

Kenneth Jarrell, TX

The product had to be serviced six times after it was installed. The installation was terrible, they did a very poor job installing the system. I would not use TriSMART Solar again.

Marc San Antonio, TX

They never answer the phone. They were hard to get a hold of on the phone. Installation process was fast. My panels are not working.

Scott Linsenman Pflugerville, TX

We were flat out lied to about how much our electricity bills will change. They are almost identical from the same time before the panels were installed.

Sharon Corpus Christi, TX

The product didn't work for the longest time. The installation process went terribly. Worst company I've ever dealt with which is why I am not recommending them to anyone.

Cory Dyson Hutto, TX

Terrible experience. Something continuously breaks and was never installed right. Lied about my electric bill.

BEVERLY A MCGUIRE Cibolo, TX

Lots of promises that were never delivered. No rebate, no light bulbs or no reductions in light bill.

Jessica McAdory Garland, TX

I was tricked when purchasing this system. Worst financial decision ever made. The salespeople are terrible

Jammie Corpus Christi, TX

Honestly, I was told this would be a bill swap and I pay more a month for my electricity then I did prior to having solar panels.

Jennifer Cloud San Antonio, TX

My panels do not produce nearly enough energy and getting ahold of the right people to recifty this has been nothing short of a headache. I regret using this company

PRINCE MACON Corpus Christi, TX

I cant contact anyone from this company to answer my questions

LEE A PARKER Tomball, TX

because the panels are ot perfomed the way i was told when i sign up

Robert Rosenbusch Georgetown, TX

I have a problem and can't contact them and they won't call me back

Agustin villafana Cleveland, TX

solar panels sucks why I still paying each month to the electricity company $80-$150

Chris Garner Georgetown, TX

The sales person lied and they didn't estimate my house correctly so I use more power than I generate

Samir Leal Mission, TX

Horrible, not at all what I expected. I'm still paying for electric bill, never got my referral credit

Arthur herrera Fort Worth, TX

My electric bill is way high after getting solar.

Martin Carrasco San Antonio, TX

Well I have not seen a difference in my electric bill at all

Tally Bonlender Austin, TX

Delays, unanswered questions. The entire experience was awful.

Maria Gonzalez San Antonio, TX

I still get a high electricity bill, plus paying for the solar panels

Olga Z Solano ,Miguel Solano

Offset has not met with accordance of guarantee, extremely disappointed

Joseph arias Temple, TX

I was lied to about the solar credit being refundable. I will not see this credit until 2037!!