TriSMART Solar

7.4

LAST UPDATED: January 19th, 2023

TriSMART Solar is a Texas-based solar installation provider that also serves select cities in Utah and Arizona. The company designs and engineers both residential and commercial solar projects using top-of-the-line solar products, and is also a professional roofing contractor in the lone star state.

Homeowners can obtain zero down financing on most solar projects through TriSMART's financing partners, and the installation process is completed in as little as one day.

The Good

• Top-Level Solar Products
  • Zero Down Financing
  • Professional Roofing Contractor

Top-Level Solar Products

TriSMART Solar uses some of the best solar panels, inverters, and backup battery systems to build its solar energy systems. Manufacturing partners include the following:

• REC Solar — REC Solar’s panels are widely considered to be on par with industry leaders like SunPower and LG in terms of energy efficiency, durability, and price. REC Solar panels come with a 25-year warranty.
  • Enphase — TriSMART Solar is an Enphase Premium Installer, meaning the company is well versed in all of Enphase’s products, including microinverters, and demonstrates outstanding customer service.
  • Unirac — TriSMART is also a Platinum Certified Unirac installer, and maintains strict roof mounting installation standards that are unmatched in the solar industry.
  • Generac — TriSMART Solar also installs backup battery and generator solutions from Generac, one of the leaders in solar energy storage solutions.

Zero Down Financing

TriSMART Solar provides customers with zero-down financing, which allows them to take full advantage of state rebates and the Federal Tax Credit, while also saving hundreds of dollars on their utility bill during the first year.

Professional Roofing Contractor

TriSMART Solar is also a professional roofing contractor. All roofing projects, be it repair or replacement, come with a five-year labor warranty, and TriSMART Solar is well-versed in handling insurance claims relating to roof damage.

If your roof has been damaged by wind or hail, TriSMART Solar may be able to help you facilitate a new roof replacement that is paid 100 percent by your insurance provider.

The Bad

• Mostly Available in Texas
  • Not NABCEP Certified
  • Solar Workmanship Warranty

Mostly Available in Texas

In addition to Phoenix, Arizona and Salt Lake City, Utah, TriSMART Solar is only available in the following Texas cities:

• Austin
  • Houston
  • Lubbock
  • San Antonio
  • Midland

Consumers located elsewhere in the United States will need to find a different solar company.

Not NABCEP Certified

Though the solar provider has achieved numerous manufacturer-specific certifications, it does not appear to hold an industry certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).

The NABCEP is responsible for upholding high installation standards at the industry level, and produces some of the most rigorous solar technician training programs in the country. Companies with this certification identify themselves as true experts in solar.

Solar Workmanship Warranty

Despite 25-year equipment and production guarantees that come standard with every TriSMART Solar system, the company has yet to disclose what workmanship warranty is available for a solar panel system. The workmanship warranty covers damage caused by installer error, and leading companies provide this coverage for up to 25 years.

The Bottom Line

TriSMART Solar installs robust solar panel systems that are built to last and provides flexible financing options to help homeowners begin saving money from day one. If you live in Texas, Phoenix, or Salt Lake City, TriSMART Solar could be the right choice.

In order to know for sure, we encourage homeowners to read the latest TriSMART Solar reviews to see if the company lives up to its impressive resume, and to compare what they find with reviews for different local solar companies. And, as always, ask companies lots of questions as you comparison shop and read all fine print before signing a contract.

View Best Solar Companies

3.4

Garrett San Antonio, TX

State-of-the-art and up to date. We haven't had to do much physically with the equipment. They were here probably four or five hours to install and when they were done it was ready to be powered up. They reached out to me quite a bit during the approval processes and were making sure that people were arriving on time when they were supposed to for the different inspections and then on top of that they would do what they could to expedite the process. The inspector was in the area and he said, Hey, I can come to your house, we'll take 20 minutes. So he actually came and inspected the house a couple weeks earlier than originally scheduled.

Angela Austin, TX

High level of care all throughout. It was a process, but there was never a moment where I didn't know where I was, that I hadn't any clue where I was. I always knew if we were waiting on the permit or if they were going to put it in on Tuesday. I always knew where I was. It went much quicker than I would have ever thought. I did it in two stages, I think I did 14 panels in 2020 and then I did another 10 in 20, early 2022. The first installation I think maybe took about 3/4 of the day. The second one took like 1/2 a day.

Kathryn Batson El Paso, TX

My experience has been great from day 1. My sales rep Ramon is awesome and always helpful/informative. The customer service team has helped me even after my installation was complete. I recommend them to everyone!

Reply from TriSMART Solar

Kathryn, thank you for taking the time to post this 5-star review. We are delighted to hear you had a positive experience from start to finish and appreciate your recommendation.

Dec. 28th, 2022

Ethan Converse, TX

Everybody that is associated with TriSmart Solar has been extremely professional and it's been very helpful in the process of getting the solar panels. It really made it a lot less painful for me to have really good employees for Tri Smart I could talk to whenever I had questions. Install was quick. They found a problem that originated with the builders and was still under warranty that I got fixed.

Chad Porter, TX

We've had it probably for over a year now and it's, it's still good quality. They came out, installed the panels on the roof, and then came back out and installed the power wall. All the technicians they had were very courteous and very friendly and they did a good job. It was real clean. Whenever I have called and left a message about a situation, they would call me back within a day or so.

Benjamin San Antonio, TX

Every question I had for Brandon, he was able to answer it. It was pretty seamless. They gave me all the bullet points of what they were going to be doing and they were done with the project in the exact amount of time they specified. I'm very pleased with my experience with the company.

Aqueel Cibolo, TX

It was a good experience, and it was a fastest experience. The guys answered my questions. I haven't had any issues with it. I get an email when there's the outage or something goes wrong, and also get email when it comes back up or when the issue has been resolved.

David Law Hewitt, TX

The system is under preforming, and it's not saving me the money that was promised. As a matter of fact I just received the highest electric bill we've ever gotten at $220 plus the $140 for the solar totaling $360 which is nuts!!! .

Ben McKee Converse, TX

Tri Smart was great, however GoodLeap the financial institution was horrible. The worst financial company we have ever dealt with. Tri Smart reps were great every step of the way. Tri Smart company I would give 5 stars to, but having GoodLeap as one of there lenders would receive 0 stars. Get rid of them and more people would be happy with Tri Smart.

Jade Hockley, TX

Our rep was always in contact, always gave updates. It had a couple of bumps, but it wasn't bad. TriSMART handled everything for my HOA, which was really nice and everything with the city, which was also very nice and handy. Our rep handled any kind of issues that came up. And we didn't even have to be there for any of it. That's really nice.

Leticia El Paso, TX

The consumption that I'm getting is not quite as much as the other companies my friends are using. One of my pannels isn't generating as much as the rest. Sometimes they're very hard to get a hold of. Overall it is good. It's not bad.

Jesus Safford, AZ

They did good work and I'm thankful for Ryan helping me out through all the steps and process through a whole thing. It was good. It was faster than I expected. It took less than eight hours to get the installation done. Ryan was always available to answer questions.

Alex Tomball, TX

Their communication is good, but they send someone out fairly frequently. It seems like I've had them out three times in the last year. I think there was an issue with penetration on the solar panels that caused the leaked and they fixed it, but it took a while to catch. It keeps me dropping communication, that's why they keep sending technicians out.They undersized my system and I'm still paying a high electric bill.

Ronnie Houston, TX

I've had no issues with the service. It was very quick, very easy. And everything was explained to me very well. Tri Smart Solar has saved me on my power bills. Very good company.

Christine Del Rio, TX

Installation of our solar panels went super quick and the company that installed came from San Antonio, just three hours away. They showed up early, they stayed until everything was done and they cleaned up and it was fantastic. We've had no problems and it's been easy and seamless. They have worked with us continually in getting all of the permits and all the approvals and they always kept us in the loop and it was amazing. Josh was amazing and he was very clear on how everything works. It just proved to be the right choice at the right time. Overall the company has been amazing, the workers are super up front and clear about any and all changes that have occurred and it's been super easy. We're consuming way more than what our solar panels are producing and I understand that changes seasonally but, it's definitely not the value that we were expecting.

Shad Harlingen, TX

I would said 5 just because they've been very responsive and you know if there was any issues you know as I'm sure you know when. You know once it's installed and they're still the process of getting everything expected before you turn it on and all that kind of stuff and and they were very supportive as far as that way and then trying to make sure that you know they sometimes it is a process you know word to get now your city out there but also you know my electric provider and things like that and. So they were they were pretty good trying to keep abreast of all added in making sure that didn't take longer than than the appropriate amount of time you know you know even though the north is a process do take currently we're still good in doing that. everything seems to be working appropriately everything seems to be running the way that the way they were going to be it's not. Paul P. early or anything like that it it all seems to be working very smoothly and well I would have an issue. I said I haven't had any issues. And everything that are my question with them is been met my satisfaction so. I've actually already mentioned it to a few people. It was really very simple and easy and I mean really you don't have to do much at all given access to our garage which has a our our panel you know our our panel or whatever and then you know obviously access to the to the backs and when you do have the sent back in on it but it was not immediately. Is very quick and easy was working from home or to try again and destructive you know might not at all as far as noise or anything like that I mean you get all those pretty simple and quick. Just the fact that everybody was very professional I emailed the installation process was very sweetly and you know the. Customer support and everything else very good as far as you know following checking on you know how its going the emails that I received your email also very helpful and are you see. Reminding me of you even I'm just you know happen with you soon and and even though it's I don't you know pay and everything like that it's still nice to to get the email in the mail you know Hey is. And you know whatever so he I think it's just overall it's just a really good. Really good process and the communications are really good so.

Roy Mesquite, TX

My experience has been very positive. They were able to communicate with me. Throughout the process we had delays because of the city and they were able to keep me informed on the progress of the project. The equipment looks good, not bulky and doesn't distort the look of my home. The cost is very efficient. The whole process took about four months but they followed through on every step and were trustworthy. Installation was very quick and efficient, took two and a half days and I was very happy with the look of escalation and the timeliness. This was a pleasant experience from initial contract throughout installation and performance so I would highly recommend trismart to others who are looking for solar panels.

Reply from TriSMART Solar

Roy, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience with TriSMART Solar. We strive to continue to provide you with best-in-class service. Please feel free to tell others about your experience with TriSMART Solar.

Jun. 14th, 2022

Oscar Pharr, TX

The sales people came by and they were better able to explain all the solar panels and working with the material. Whenever I called they were always respond to my questions and very knowledgeable on their on their materials in solar panel systems. It was basically seamless, the installers came by introduce themselves they let me know what they would do and how long it would take them and what part of the house should be working on and everything went without incident.Iit's been very durable, my neighbors have had different companies that came by and they install that and they've had trouble they've had issues with the panels and I have not.

Aundreal Killeen, TX

The pannels are awesome, the amount of solar panels that I got with them was like half as much as other companies, it was unbelievable. There was no question on my mind of which company I was gonna go with. Overall it was a great process, it was wonderful and I definitely say if you're in your forever home this is definitely the way to go solar and TriSMART is an awesome company to do it. I had a software issue and they got resolved very quickly and didn't have any more issues after that. Right now our power just went out I don't have a battery operated system, but as soon as the power comes back on my system comes online, I don't have to do anything extra to make it come back on. We had all the pannels installed in two days, and that was delayed because of the weather. If we had a problem I was able to get a hold of someone and the problem was resolved immediately. I was able to get everything that I wanted without having to have an extra utility bill.

Cody Davis Fort Worth, TX

The people that help me were very professional, but the amount of panels that were put up did not help make my electricity that much bill lower. So I have been pretty much been paying two bills for the entire year.

Victor Garcia El Paso, TX

Honestly I'm not very happy with the company, Aaron the salesman came to my house explained everything of the system well and told me my electric bill was going to no more than $5 a month due to the fact of how much solar i was suppose to gain from the panels and funny things is that we're almost never home, second he told my I was going to receive a check from the company because 2 houses near me got the solar with you guys and that check was suppose to be basically covering the payments of the panels for the next 2 years! I've tried contacting him and the people from trismart by telling them about it and no one's seems to answer after they finish installing the panels. Third of all if I could return the panels and not get trismart I would.

Ralph Humble, TX

The panels have been good, the electrical hardware has been good. I've had one failure in a soft start. It didn't take as long as I've been led to expect, and best I can tell, the installation was done very well. They've been responsive to my my request for information and and to come out and fix things. My day-to-day experience is pretty good, but I've been waiting for my batteries for 14 months so they have not completed the installation yet.

Jordan San Antonio, TX

When my representative left I have been having a hard time getting a hold of someone. They're just real informative. Overall a great experience. Just waiting to see what can be done for the crack in one of my pannels.

Wen Spring, TX

When I called about one of the panels not working or something falling off, someone was sent over to take a look and address the issue. It all went very smoothly.

Ullanda El Paso, TX

It was affordable. I'm happy with the product. My electricity bill is not high at all. I had questions in the beginning and they were answered quickly.

Dani Stone Mesa, AZ

James S was my rep and he warmly walked me through every step. Even after the solar was installed and paid for, he was only a phone call away to walk me through my situation. I didn't even know something wasn't working and they showed up to fix an issue. I can't recommend TriSmart enough.

Ian Littleton, CO

I don't have any issues with them. They were the best fit for what I needed. I've had no issues with customer service, they've done everything I've asked. I think installation was all done in one day. Other than that they came back the next day to fix a couple things but it was smooth with no issues. Everything works properly and I've been able to check the status of the app and everything so I can kind of see how everything's going so it's very user friendly and transparent.

Allen Lone Oak, TX

I don't have any problems with this company. As far as installation, all materials were delivered and they showed up and were done in a day. It was pretty fast, they cleaned up after themselves. It was done well. The product is pretty user friendly. The panels are still working good. I haven't had any issues at all. I think it is a little expensive.

Cecil Mabank, TX

My overall experience has been very positive. Every time I've had a problem they have responded. They came in and they did a thorough inspection before installing the panels. They installed them and did a very thorough job. And I've been very pleased with everything. Everybody was great. They were really great at taking good care of me and I'm very pleased with what they have provided for us. Value for your money is absolutely great.

Jacob

The owners are great guys and I feel comfortable with their company. Anytime I need anything I'm able to get a hold of someone and that is really important to me. Installation was smooth. I mean there weren't any hang ups or issues at all. We were happy with it. I am happy with the equipment too. We work closely with Zack and with Mark and John and all three of those guys were awesome guys and so if we were ever to go solar again in another house we would certainly consider using trismart.

Tomasz Castle Rock, CO

I like the equipment that they use and the price competitiveness. Very responsive and very attentive to questions and requests for changes that I had. They were just on top of things. During installation, I had a few requests of where I wanted the panels to go and they took care of that. They were very good at adapting to the changes. I have no issues with the product, so far it works really well. And all the equipment is functioning how it is supposed to. It is easy to work with them.

Michael San Antonio, TX

Reputable. Anytime we had an issue or problem they were quick to respond and resolve. Installation was very smooth and very quick with no hiccups. Very happy with the work of the professionalism. And the expertise that everybody came with. So far we've had no issues with any of the equipment. We've been very pleased with the materials we have been able to purchase. Customer support is great.

Kenneth San Antonio, TX

Salesman was straight to the point. So far I've only had like one or two issues and when I called, they took care of it and got everything handled. Installation was quick and fast and they were professional and they made sure that they didn't leave any trash behind or anything else. We've had it for about three years and so far I haven't had any issues with anything and haven't had to call about anything at all.

Gregory Bottoms Elgin, TX

They are a little more expensive but I think the quality that you get basically offsets that. Trisamart so far been fantastic and working with the consultants I've been working with. The survey and installation was basically seamless and there was total communication all the way along the line and great follow up afterwards to ensure that everything was working properly. They were very responsive that issues I had with the system and they come out take care of it. They were able to provide the answers I needed.

Erin Kekai Lockhart, TX

I am happy with TriSMART Solar and their customer service. However, I am NOT happy with the person who sold us the solar panelis. I am Extremely disappointed about how he has handled certain aspects about our loan agreement. He PROMISED us referral compensation payments, but he has Never once adhered to his promise. His sales techniques are crap and he is Never available to help when I need answers. I realize he is Not personally affiliated with TriSMART Solar, therefore I do Not blame them. TriSMART Solar has always been available to answer my questions and offer me good advice.

todd Reeves Round Rock, TX

It is hard to say, I am not unhappy and I am not necessarily impressed. They did a great job of installation and it works, as far as I can tell well. But I need time to determine if it was worth the investment or not. I installed in last spring, so performance in the summer in texas is not going to great. I need a whole year to judge. I would like to see them offer an evaluation of performance report every 3 months. Which is almost how long I have had my system. then maybe a clearer conclusion. Right now, with the payments spread out over 25 years even at 2% at my age of 59, does not really look like the smartest decision on my part. Of course, I am not a greeney. All I want to do is not be affected by stupid goverment regulations and policies, which this system may do over time. I do not like that I can't easily disconnect from the grid and reconnect when I so desire. This makes installing batteries illogical.

Harold Round Rock, TX

If I ever had an issue I could call. And they would take care of it or someone would get right back with me. We have had it for almost a year now and have had zero problems. Everything seems to be working great. I am very likely to recommend them to a friend. The installation process was simple and easy, they told us the date and time. And everything was done on schedule as promised. The person who came by the house and explained the whole process was knowledgeable about it and answered all the questions. We have been very happy going with solar.

Kimberly Converse, TX

The presentation was good and what they had to offer was great. They were always available when we needed them and when we have questions or concerns they were always available for. It was smooth, it was fast and they've got it done in a timely manner. Everything was first class. The panels have a good warranty and the service was good. They did everything they promised. They were always on time and everything.

Jose Brownsville, TX

I looked at several companies and pretty much I like what TriSMART was offering. It went smooth and fast. The way that the panel look on my ceiling that looks pretty good and I have no issue whatsoever. I'm a satisfied customer with TriSMART I don't have any issues. Everything on my equipment is working properly that I have that I was provided to monitor my energy is working well.

Tena Cedar Park, TX

Their presentation was very thorough and what they presented made sense to me. Their response was quickly with any questions all right and after everything was installed in it came time for my income tax I contacted the person who was the manager and she sent me all the paper work at this very easy for me to get my tax refund. The crew manager talk with me every day and they cleaned up after themselves very professionally. The value was very good and they are guaranteed.

Matt Round Rock, TX

They were just so nice and helpful right off the bat - nothing but honesty from them. I really didn't feel the need to go search around with other solar companies after talking to them. . I was paying $330 a month for electricity and that's down to $155. Overall great - the only issue was the disconnect between the loan financing vs the salesman vs the installation. It was a little disconnected and it took a little more effort to figure out who I need to talk to. Not terrible but I think that could be improved

Julie Grand Prairie, TX

They did everything they needed to do. They went up and took a look at the roof and they drew up some schematics for how they thought the most efficient solar arrangement would go. They went up into the attic to determine where they would connect everything below and they had it all up in a couple of days it is was really quick. Everyone was really nice. My electric bill is less now.

Ray Garza Harlingen, TX

Throughout the whole experience it has been hard to get in contact with someone. Even the salesperson would contact me during the initial process but it has been hard to get him to return calls. No update information on battery install after a year wait.

Douglas Rosharon, TX

They came out and talked to us and he explained everything to us. Now I'm kind of wondering if I made the right decisions because they won't return my calls and my light bill is 300 something dollars. I called them and I told them what was going on, they say something could be wrong with the panels. I've tried to call the main office and talk to them and have them send someone out and I can't get anyone on the phone. I'm gonna stop paying them and make them come out and fix it.

David Houston, TX

Very happy with the product. Everything's been very reliable for almost a year now and doing exactly what was described.

David Spring, TX

They were very helpful. I work and I didn't have to be there when they came to the house. I haven't had any issues with it, but it is pretty solid.

Anonymous Schertz, TX

It didn't go well when they first came to install. They didn't have the proper permits so they were kicked off the job by the general contractor. The equipment itself seems fine.

Lisa Cantu Mercedes, TX

I have not seen the energy savings that were claimed to me by the representative selling the TriSMART Solar panels. Also, I asked for a detailed report indicating the items purchased for the price of $150,000 and I never received anything. I feel like I was ripped off. DON'T DO IT!!!

Monty

They are not good at returning calls. Install went very smoothly. I've been looking at the readings and one of my panels is not doing what it's supposed to. They're a pretty good company, but if their customer service was a little bit better I would have given a higher rating.

Ruben Segovia San Antonio, TX

Service provided by the company has been Excellent. In all areas, in person, phone and technical. Individuals return messages and made sure any issues were properly addressed.