Trinity Solar

6.3

LAST UPDATED: July 18th, 2022

Founded in 1994, Trinity has grown into the largest privately held residential solar installation company in the nation — employing more than 1,800 people and operating in communities across NJ, NY, CT MA, PA, MD, RI, DE and FL. As a family-owned company in business since 1994, Trinity Solar knows the importance of bringing value to customers and doing so with integrity. The company makes going solar simple, allowing customers to save their time and money for the things in life that matter most.

With more than 70,000 solar installations, Trinity Solar believes solar energy is the most practical form of power on the planet and seek to make it accessible to as many people as possible. The company's cost-effective energy solutions and related services cultivate a greener America — one that leaves a lasting impression on future generations. Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with its power purchase agreement (PPA) options, as well as various solar lease and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

Video Customer Reviews

Heidi Pope Customer Review Video About Trinity Solar

Heidi Pope

Alex Pena Customer Review Video About Trinity Solar

Alex Pena

Francis Lally Customer Review Video About Trinity Solar

Francis Lally

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements. Each of these options are designed to help homeowners save money on their monthly payments from the utility company.

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that best helps them save on their electric bill and/or take advantage of the solar tax credit.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter (by Solar Edge), and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar installation.

Referral Program

The solar power company provides the homeowner with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to a solar power system. The referral bonus that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $1000 for each friend or family member that installs with Trinity.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred friend or family member's system has been installed.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar installer offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs. Whatever the system requirements, Trinity Solar is up to the job.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

Trinity prizes customer satisfaction. It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its system installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified. NABCEP certification means the solar company adheres to high industry standards, and customers will be protected against predatory sales tactics throughout the entire process.

The solar installer is also Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that Trinity Solar employees know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,800 employees; its installation crew meanwhile has completed over 70,000 solar panel system installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to work with another solar contractor.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

not_listed_location

Trinity Solar Frequently Asked Questions

How do you choose a solar company?

It’s important to work with an experienced, reputable installer and one that will be here to serve you throughout the life of your solar system. For example, Trinity Solar has been family-owned and operated for over 25 years, with more than 70,000 systems installed by in-house teams of licensed electricians, installers, certified engineers and system designers. Trinity Solar also assigns a dedicated Project Concierge to keep you informed during the installation process and the company's commitment to customers continues after your system is energized with the in-house Customer Support team.

How much does solar cost?

Each solar energy system is designed for your specific energy usage therefore prices will vary. Just as we customize your system to fit your energy needs, we can customize a purchase plan to fit your budget. We offer multiple options from $0 upfront to full ownership with incentives. You can call the company for a free, no-obligation consultation.

Will a battery back-up system benefit me?

Installing a solar system with battery backup offers multiple benefits on top of the many you can get from solar alone. You gain peace of mind by keeping your family and home safe during a power outage. You can use your own stored energy at night rather than pulling from the grid. Battery backup systems can be incorporated into existing solar energy systems whether we installed it or not. A battery back-up system will help power your home with clean, reliable energy and help protect our planet for future generations.
Message from
Trinity Solar

We believe solar energy is the most practical form of power on the planet and seek to make it accessible to as many people as possible. Our cost-effective energy solutions and related services cultivate a greener America — one that leaves a lasting impression on future generations.

As a family-owned company in business since 1994, Trinity Solar knows the importance of bringing value to our customers and doing so with integrity. We make going solar simple, allowing our customers to save their time and money for the things in life that matter most.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.6

Dianne Protano Worcester, MA

I have no complaints about customer service of reaching anyone. I have been able to call Neil who helped from the start. However, my bills are much higher than pre solar panels. I was led to believe that I would be saving money. But that was on me as I didn't have a good understanding re how that works. So I am okay with that. And I received a $500 bonus for referring someone. But now I found out that THAT person should also have received a $500 bonus and he did not (and his bills are higher as well). Otherwise, the workmanship was great, they did it in 1 day and the guys were professional and respectful.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for this feedback Dianne. I will reach out to discuss your concerns and work to resolve them.

Nov. 23rd, 2020

Ray Parker Mystic, CT

Alright ladies and gentlemen, so far so good. This will be an on going comment. My first contact with Trinity has been stellar. My neighbor Maurice B referred Trinity Solar to me as I was helping him clear the trees out of his yard. Brian K is the salesperson I first contacted. He had very prompt response time. I called him on Good Friday, he was at my house by 0800 the following day as promised. Very professional, very up front. He went through the entire process, (and it is a process) step by step. He answered my questions about the company, where the panels are manufactured, (Canada, China, and one other place (USA is dropping the ball on this one)). I am currently doing an extensive internet verification of the information I have gathered. Four out of Five stars because everything went as promised, Five star ratings are saved for something unexpectedly positive.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to the opportunity to earn that 5th star. We are very glad to hear that your expectations have been met so far.

Apr. 23rd, 2019

John Bova Billerica, MA

I would like to revise my previous review from earlier this month. After emailing corporate office and getting no answer from them I was contacted by Rich from local office last week on getting snow guards installed. He stepped up big time to get it done for me as soon as possible and was in contact with me every step of the way. Today they came out and installed the snow guards today and they look great. We will see when it snows. I also want people to kno that when I get good service I let people know and when I get not good service I do give companies a chance to correct issue before going and posting a bad review. I take this very seriously because I am in service industry and expect to be treated how I treat my customers. I would have gave 5 stars if this was addressed when it was installed. I do give them credit due to they say they do not install them but due to safety concern they came through. I give Rich a lot of credit I was not easiest customer to deal with but he always kept his cool. I give trinity 4 stars because it means a lot in this day and age for a company to step up and do the right thing. Rich thank you for your excellent customer service and you should be recognized for that because it rare now a days. Thank you John Bova

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi John, Thank you so much for your patience while we worked through your situation and for taking the time to share that Trinity was able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Mar. 21st, 2019

Rebecca Martin Easthampton, MA

Diane C was excellent to work with. She explained the benefits/savings of solar, the cost (and tax rebates/incentives) of the system and the process from installation to going live thoroughly. The installation of the panels went smoothly and the crew was respectful and professional. There were a couple of minor consutruction issues which were resolved quickly without an inconvience to me. The staff at Trinity (specifically Jacob who provided me with excellent customer service) did an excellent job at keeping me updated on the timelines for consttruction through implementation as well as minor corrections that were required. Our panels have only been in use for about 45 days and I am already seeing savings on my electric bills. Trinity staff was excellent wtih repsonding and following up and I would highly recommend them.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you, Rebecca, for your positive feedback and heartfelt endorsement. We’re very glad to know you had a great experience with Trinity Solar and love your PV solar system. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Feb. 15th, 2019

G D Clifton, NJ

Hi my name is well it don't matter what my name is and it don't matter what the salesperson's name is im not going to put it out there like that ,he may lose his job and I don't want that to happen cuz he may have a family to feed. But anyway I had my solar put up by a different company which is momentum, one day I was outside admiring the panels and the cage on the roof. Someone approached me and we started talking about solar. This person was from Trinity, he was one of the salesperson who made his rounds in Clifton New Jersey where I'm from. So we started talkin . he started asking if I can help him with some leads and he would give me more than what momentum would give me for the leads. So I asked how much more but first I told him they would give me $500 per lead so he said he'll make it additional $250 per lead . I had too Leeds that I was going to give to momentum, but he made a deal and we shook on . I gave them to the Trinity Hustler I mean sales person. I didn't know how the pay worked so I kept asking what's going on what's going on when am I going to get paid, I kept calling Trinity and I said the two leaves that I gave you they already put the solar on the house and this that and the other. one of them was right next door to me And another one was in North Plainfield , everything went through . it took a few months but I kept calling Trinity to find out what's going on . I have no problem with Trinity , they were telling me that they have to wait for permits and they have to wait for PSE and G and have to wait for the new meters , they have to cut down one of the trees ,. but anyway all that went through .a few months down the line Trinity sent me a check for 500 then few months down the line they sent me another check for the other lead 500. So I have no problem with Trinity they kept their word.the salesman who approached me didn't keep his word on his part. So I kept calling ,I ran into him on the street a couple of times and he's telling me this and he's telling me that . and he just didn't keep his word So eventually I knew I was getting the run around yep he hustled me, So we had phone conversations and we talk in person . I was recording the conversations just in case a guy like that said he didn't say this or he didn't say that I would be able to play the conversation back to him.I still have those recordings of him making promises saying that he was going to write me on personal check saying that when he make a sale that he was going to put my name on it as the one who gave him the lead so I will get paid that way and then he changed it and said, he was going to wait until they paid him. But I never got paid eventually I told him nevermind keep it he must need it .I told him he was a hustler and what would his company think of him representing them like this. I told him he's not a man because he don't keep his word,I had a couple of more leads and I never went back to Trinity even though I had no problem with Trinity .I gave the two leads to momentum and I am waiting to get paid and I have one more lead now I was going to call Trinity and give them that lead and tell them not to let the sales person handle it. But I don't want to get the sales person in trouble maybe he needs a job maybe he's not making as much money as I thought could have been a nice thing for him if you would have kept his word with me but he didn't..

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi G.D., I sent you a private message yesterday requesting that you provide your full name so that we may further assist you. Trinity strives to be a company of integrity and therefore, it is important that appropriate expectations are set and promises are delivered on. Please consider responding with your information so that we can make good on the Sales Representative's word. Thank you.

Oct. 17th, 2018

Vinay R Brick, NJ

I think Trinity is a fairly good company. I had my system installed recently. A lot of people complain about solar companies and how long it takes to get to the point where your systems get turned on; it is not always solar company's fault for the amount of time it takes, there are so many step to get solar and so many parties involved. In New Jersey, you start with signing the contract, completing a permit with township, NJ clean energy approval, township inspection, utility approval, change of meter, SREC approval and account set up. One needs to be patient to get Solar system, 3 to 4 months should be expected with any solar company to complete project.

Michael Kelly Hillside, NJ

All in all I have not had any problems with Trinity Solar and its been 10 years since I put the panels on my house. Just a word to the wise, make sure you put into your contract about removing and replacing the panels if you ever have to do your roof. We were told that we could do it once for free, and I just found out, thats not true and i never put it in writing. Shame on me. I know we did have a conversation about installing a new roof, just never followed up on it.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank for you this feedback Michael.

Oct. 22nd, 2020

Calibanos Tuckerton, NJ

Trinity solar instillation crew I had the pleasure of dealing with was excellent. The work was completed in one day and was expertly done. The problem I have and it may not be trinity’s fault is the length of time it takes to get your solar turned on and running. Also I was not givin a time line by my Trinity reps, and that I have a problem with.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi, Thank you so much for your positive comments and for taking the time to post this review. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

May. 31st, 2019

Darin Hoffman Plainview, NY

I had my doubts about solar. However, after meeting with the rep Thomas S, I was very interested in converting to solar. He gave us detailed information and explained to us the cost savings we would have over the years. Unfortunately, due to the location of the house, there was too much shade and it was not feasible. I highly recommend getting the information from Trinity Solar. It seems like a very worth-while investment!!

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you, Darin! What a compliment that you would take the time to share your experience even though your home did not qualify for solar. We have an excellent referral plan that we hope you will take advantage of. Thanks again!

Jan. 3rd, 2019

Randy Wilson Edison, NJ

Very informative at the start, communication lapsed here and there, had to take the initiative and shake the tree a few times to get things moving. Turn on date was set for March, happened in May, but this was more of the township slacking on getting a CoA sent out. I had to call the township and get that ball moving again. Installation people were professional and fast. Will have an update a few months in as we hit our first summer with solar. We went with the Power Purchase Agreement, which means that Trinity owns the panels and the power, and we get discounted costs for electricity.

Jim Butler New Windsor, NY

Bought my system outright. System was installed in 1 day. Went live about 3 weeks later after inspection and meter change. System is working fine with no issues. Installers were polite ever though I chewed there eyes a bit. After 5 months I'm 1000KW on the plus side. So far I only pay &25 per month which is what it cost be connected to the grid. Salesman was great to work with. Even gave me his cell #. Just a few minor paper work issues that were taken care of quickly. Had no bering on the install. Waiting to see how well it does during the winter months.

Gerard Brennan Somerdale, NJ

I've had my Trinity system for almost two years, I am very happy with all aspects of the installation and customer service in my area . We purchased our system and have seen the savings that we were promised and had no issues with the system or the process other then some issues with our electric company cooperating. I would recommend Trinity to anyone in the New Jersey area

Cindy Southington, CT

Excellent company. I was referred by a ftiend who loves his system as well. They promised installation in 90 days and installed exactly on time. All the installion of panels was work done in one day. The process involves state and power company approval. Leasing company approval if you lease. Trinity brought this all together and on time. Great job!!

Karina Araya New Milford, NJ

I am updating my last review. The rep Alexander H. reached out to me and explained in details for me to understand my electric bill's charges. I appreciate that even though I decided to cancel the process to go solar he took the time to clarify my concerns.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Karina - Thank you updating your review. We wish you the best and if you change your mind, we'll be here for you. Take care.

Jun. 10th, 2020

Darius Kowalski South Glastonbury, CT

Good knowledgable sales person. Showed up when he was suppose to. Installed quickly and professionally. Saved me mo eye on my monthly electric bill. Installation was done when they said it would be done. Cleaned up their mess .

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you Darius. We're so glad you had a great experience with Trinity Solar!

Feb. 21st, 2020

Donald Scott Islip Terrace, NY

My experience with Trinity Solar was exceptional. The team that did the installation were professional from the point they showed up until completed. My sales rep David S was I informative every step of the way alleviating any concerns

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Donald, Thanks for sharing a review and mentioning your salesperson, David. We agree he does a great job and is an asset to Trinity Solar. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. Remember to take advantage of the excellent rewards program Trinity Solar has for customer referrals.

Mar. 29th, 2019

Marci A. Cohen Maynard, MA

The experience was quite positive from the beginning to the end. The only reason why I did not give 5 stars is because when they went up into the attic space, they cracked a bit of the wood that borders the opening to the attic space.

Ken jarbeau North Kingstown, RI

Very happy with the guys and installation but I haven’t hear from anybody yet to get the inspection and turn on process started

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you, Ken. Trinity Solar crews are the best in the industry and I'm very glad that you agree! There are a few steps that must be taken after the installation before scheduling inspections. Your Concierge is going to reach out with an update on where you are in the process. Congratulations on going solar and please take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Jul. 23rd, 2019

matthew m volpe Deer Park, NY

Trinity Solar's installation went well; however my PSEG rates have gone up in addition to the base charge of $217.00 monthly I pay thru Sonova.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Matthew, I believe you have been working with a representative to help evaluate all of your electric bills and were able to confirm that you have indeed been saving on your electric bill. Thank you for letting us know that the installation was a success!

Oct. 23rd, 2018

Lantie Castello Jamaica, NY

Excellent. Associates and or Trinity acted in professional manner

Thank you Lantie.

Feb. 21st, 2020

Barbara

Things went very smoothly from start to finish.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing!

Oct. 18th, 2018