Trinity Solar

6.3

LAST UPDATED: July 18th, 2022

Founded in 1994, Trinity has grown into the largest privately held residential solar installation company in the nation — employing more than 1,800 people and operating in communities across NJ, NY, CT MA, PA, MD, RI, DE and FL. As a family-owned company in business since 1994, Trinity Solar knows the importance of bringing value to customers and doing so with integrity. The company makes going solar simple, allowing customers to save their time and money for the things in life that matter most.

With more than 70,000 solar installations, Trinity Solar believes solar energy is the most practical form of power on the planet and seek to make it accessible to as many people as possible. The company's cost-effective energy solutions and related services cultivate a greener America — one that leaves a lasting impression on future generations. Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with its power purchase agreement (PPA) options, as well as various solar lease and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

Video Customer Reviews

Heidi Pope Customer Review Video About Trinity Solar

Heidi Pope

Alex Pena Customer Review Video About Trinity Solar

Alex Pena

Francis Lally Customer Review Video About Trinity Solar

Francis Lally

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements. Each of these options are designed to help homeowners save money on their monthly payments from the utility company.

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that best helps them save on their electric bill and/or take advantage of the solar tax credit.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter (by Solar Edge), and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar installation.

Referral Program

The solar power company provides the homeowner with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to a solar power system. The referral bonus that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $1000 for each friend or family member that installs with Trinity.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred friend or family member's system has been installed.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar installer offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs. Whatever the system requirements, Trinity Solar is up to the job.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

Trinity prizes customer satisfaction. It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its system installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified. NABCEP certification means the solar company adheres to high industry standards, and customers will be protected against predatory sales tactics throughout the entire process.

The solar installer is also Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that Trinity Solar employees know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,800 employees; its installation crew meanwhile has completed over 70,000 solar panel system installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to work with another solar contractor.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

not_listed_location

Trinity Solar Frequently Asked Questions

How do you choose a solar company?

It’s important to work with an experienced, reputable installer and one that will be here to serve you throughout the life of your solar system. For example, Trinity Solar has been family-owned and operated for over 25 years, with more than 70,000 systems installed by in-house teams of licensed electricians, installers, certified engineers and system designers. Trinity Solar also assigns a dedicated Project Concierge to keep you informed during the installation process and the company's commitment to customers continues after your system is energized with the in-house Customer Support team.

How much does solar cost?

Each solar energy system is designed for your specific energy usage therefore prices will vary. Just as we customize your system to fit your energy needs, we can customize a purchase plan to fit your budget. We offer multiple options from $0 upfront to full ownership with incentives. You can call the company for a free, no-obligation consultation.

Will a battery back-up system benefit me?

Installing a solar system with battery backup offers multiple benefits on top of the many you can get from solar alone. You gain peace of mind by keeping your family and home safe during a power outage. You can use your own stored energy at night rather than pulling from the grid. Battery backup systems can be incorporated into existing solar energy systems whether we installed it or not. A battery back-up system will help power your home with clean, reliable energy and help protect our planet for future generations.
Message from
Trinity Solar

We believe solar energy is the most practical form of power on the planet and seek to make it accessible to as many people as possible. Our cost-effective energy solutions and related services cultivate a greener America — one that leaves a lasting impression on future generations.

As a family-owned company in business since 1994, Trinity Solar knows the importance of bringing value to our customers and doing so with integrity. We make going solar simple, allowing our customers to save their time and money for the things in life that matter most.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.6

Robert Genereux New York, NY

When I was originally asked if I wanted solar the salesman that was talking to me about it told me how I would have one bill from sunnova and that my utility provider would send me a copy of a bill and not to worry about that because they guarantee how much energy I'm going to use so I would only have to pay the sunova bill and that was a lie now I'm paying to bills and the cost of the 2 bills is more than what I would have been paying

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hello Robert, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We'll have a team member reach out to you as soon as possible to discuss your concerns and work diligently to resolve them.

Feb. 28th, 2022

Michael L. Middletown, RI

I had trinity Solar for 2 1/2 years.In the winter it cost me money.about a week or more now my solar panels quit working.I been getting the run around.Trinity says in will be here to LOOK at it but didn't show up.The inverter has a FAULT light on,which means it's not working.I said I need a New inverter.If I do need one they have to order one which is going to take 7 to 10 days,Than I have to make a app.to have it installed.the whole thing might take 30 days.And it the end of June.I'm going to cost me $400.00+the warranty takes too long..You know they not making money to fix it.Paying customers come first.Not happy in RI..

Reply from Trinity Solar

Dear Michael, I'm sorry you feel that way. Since you did not include your last name I am unable to have a Senior Manager reach out, but please contact the MA office and request to speak with the Operations Manager. Your concerns are our concerns and will be addressed. Thank you for letting us know.

Mar. 19th, 2019

Chris M. Cherry Hill, NJ

I’m not one to write negative reviews, it usually take a lot to get me to that point. I had my solar panels installed almost three years ago. The sales guy was great in the beginning, told us everything we wanted to hear. The installation seemed seamless. Took awhile to get the panels turned on, but I chalked that up to timing and the utility company. Since then I have referred two people who have referred other as well. Up until a month ago, I have had had no problems. Then, my roof started to leak near one of the panels. When I reached out, they sent someone promptly. Before even taking a look, he denied that the leak was in anyway related to the panels. Now, before having the panels installed, I knew my roof wasn’t in great condition and wanted to wait until I had it replaced. Our sales guy reassured us that the roof would be 100% inspected and a one time courtesy removal and reinstallation at no charge. Once I spoke with the admin team after the repair guy came out to “look” at the roof, I was quoted just under $4K for the removal and reinstall. I found it completely absurd and pushed back. Its been a little over a week, two rains storms later and I have yet to hear back. Seems like whenever it’s smooth sailing they are easy to communicate with, but the second there’s an issue, they go MIA. Would be hesitant to refer them anyone going forward.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Chris, We are glad to know that until the recent issues encountered you were satisfied with your system and service. We apologize for any delay in addressing your concerns. A resolution has been reached and we are hopeful that it will restore your confidence in us. Thank you.

May. 9th, 2019

James E. Nail Vincentown, NJ

I'm sorry but the experience has taken too long to materialize. I am not happy about that and when the Trinity workmen turned off my air conditioning and did not turn it back on or tell me,; I sweltered for 4 days before I called an HVAC man and he found the problem and turned back on, costing me $170. I expect reimbursement from someone! The Trinity salesman ripped me off on the amount of energy generated for the cost I was happy with. You will definitely be hearing from me in the future.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi James. Thank you for letting us know about your experience and your concerns. I'm happy that we were able to help you, we certainly apologize for that inconvenience.

Aug. 25th, 2020

Neal wilson West Chester, PA

Very poor service haven't heard a word from sales rep in 2 months at least installed very fast in May but he doesn't respond to any calls or texts just hope I never need a roof can't imagine how long it would take for them to come out and remove and store and if right now I just need some answers and they don't get in touch with me I really am concerned about that !

Lucille Kent Toms River, NJ

The gentleman whom I originally spoke with refused my call at a later date when I had a question. I was forwarded to another person who answered my call. I am not happy paying $48.75 a month just for service plus my electric bill from JCP&L. I also am in need of an amount to pay the contract in full. I would not recommend Trinity.

Reply from Trinity Solar

It was our pleasure to connect with you today to address your concerns. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future at [email protected]

Feb. 17th, 2021

Caren borgwardt Manahawkin, NJ

Salesman came out nothing but lies.we have had issues with our panels since it was installed.They fault all the time,the problem still hasn’t been fixed.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Caren, We're sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your system. A member of our Client Resources team will be reaching out to learn more about your specific situation and determine what can be done to assist you. Thank you.

May. 9th, 2019

Sandra abo East Hartford, CT

It had been 3 months and we are still waiting for the solar to be turned on. Missed the months of sunshine!