Trinity Solar

6.3

LAST UPDATED: July 18th, 2022

Founded in 1994, Trinity has grown into the largest privately held residential solar installation company in the nation — employing more than 1,800 people and operating in communities across NJ, NY, CT MA, PA, MD, RI, DE and FL. As a family-owned company in business since 1994, Trinity Solar knows the importance of bringing value to customers and doing so with integrity. The company makes going solar simple, allowing customers to save their time and money for the things in life that matter most.

With more than 70,000 solar installations, Trinity Solar believes solar energy is the most practical form of power on the planet and seek to make it accessible to as many people as possible. The company's cost-effective energy solutions and related services cultivate a greener America — one that leaves a lasting impression on future generations. Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with its power purchase agreement (PPA) options, as well as various solar lease and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

Video Customer Reviews

Heidi Pope Customer Review Video About Trinity Solar

Heidi Pope

Alex Pena Customer Review Video About Trinity Solar

Alex Pena

Francis Lally Customer Review Video About Trinity Solar

Francis Lally

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements. Each of these options are designed to help homeowners save money on their monthly payments from the utility company.

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that best helps them save on their electric bill and/or take advantage of the solar tax credit.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter (by Solar Edge), and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar installation.

Referral Program

The solar power company provides the homeowner with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to a solar power system. The referral bonus that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $1000 for each friend or family member that installs with Trinity.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred friend or family member's system has been installed.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar installer offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs. Whatever the system requirements, Trinity Solar is up to the job.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

Trinity prizes customer satisfaction. It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its system installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified. NABCEP certification means the solar company adheres to high industry standards, and customers will be protected against predatory sales tactics throughout the entire process.

The solar installer is also Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that Trinity Solar employees know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,800 employees; its installation crew meanwhile has completed over 70,000 solar panel system installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to work with another solar contractor.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

not_listed_location

Trinity Solar Frequently Asked Questions

How do you choose a solar company?

It’s important to work with an experienced, reputable installer and one that will be here to serve you throughout the life of your solar system. For example, Trinity Solar has been family-owned and operated for over 25 years, with more than 70,000 systems installed by in-house teams of licensed electricians, installers, certified engineers and system designers. Trinity Solar also assigns a dedicated Project Concierge to keep you informed during the installation process and the company's commitment to customers continues after your system is energized with the in-house Customer Support team.

How much does solar cost?

Each solar energy system is designed for your specific energy usage therefore prices will vary. Just as we customize your system to fit your energy needs, we can customize a purchase plan to fit your budget. We offer multiple options from $0 upfront to full ownership with incentives. You can call the company for a free, no-obligation consultation.

Will a battery back-up system benefit me?

Installing a solar system with battery backup offers multiple benefits on top of the many you can get from solar alone. You gain peace of mind by keeping your family and home safe during a power outage. You can use your own stored energy at night rather than pulling from the grid. Battery backup systems can be incorporated into existing solar energy systems whether we installed it or not. A battery back-up system will help power your home with clean, reliable energy and help protect our planet for future generations.
Message from
Trinity Solar

We believe solar energy is the most practical form of power on the planet and seek to make it accessible to as many people as possible. Our cost-effective energy solutions and related services cultivate a greener America — one that leaves a lasting impression on future generations.

As a family-owned company in business since 1994, Trinity Solar knows the importance of bringing value to our customers and doing so with integrity. We make going solar simple, allowing our customers to save their time and money for the things in life that matter most.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.6

Don Kinney Severn, MD

I like the idea of capturing energy from the sun for many reasons. This is free energy (once you pay for the equipment which is not cheap). It is clean energy. It is not as reliable as I have found out only a year and a few months into my installation. I don't know if it's the technology or just the sheer lack of knowledge of a company who claims to be premier or experienced. My solar energy stopped producing after entering the second year of having this trash installed on my brand new roof. It went unnoticed for over 6 months. I didn't notice immediately because weather changes, credits skew the bill, usage in the house changed because of changes in occupants, and budget billing won't tell you, either. I contacted Trinity Solar about the issue. It took them weeks to come look at my system. They found a failed component that was the culprit, but they didn't even tell me that until I inquired. They finally resolved the issue in about a month or two. It is currently working, but.... I had been making electricity payments for all those months my solar was NOT producing. These were the sunniest months of the year, not to mention the longest days of sunlight. I checked with the electric company, and all they could tell me was that the weather is unpredictable, and that many cloudy days prevented the solar panels from collecting so much. Okay, that sounds legit. Besides, they are the electric company, not the solar company. Meanwhile, I was making payments on the loan I was required to take out for such an expensive and waste of equipment. When Trinity approached me about installing these panels, they told me that I would basically be spending the same on solar panels per month as I was (at that time) spending money on electricity. Well, it turns out I am paying about twice as much. So, my next battle is reimbursement almost a year after the system stopped producing. I have to continuously request a status of the ticket I had opened on this issue. I have been working with a nice lady in customer service; however, she is not in a position to be able to authorize any compensation. She has been coordinating some sort of compensation from the company, but today she informed me that the higher management is not willing to compensate for the cost of lost energy as a result of the malfunction. I don’t really care about that. I just want to be reimbursed for the monthly payments I made for an over-sized paperweight on my roof. I may be in the market for a lawyer soon. I also might need to bring this story to the media. They love this sort of stuff.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hello Don, we appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We're glad to learn that you were quickly connected with a team member who will investigate your concerns and work quickly to resolve them.

Mar. 14th, 2022

Mike MM

Bought a home in 2021 with trinity installed panels, roof began leaking. After several failed attempts by trinity to resolve leaks a final attempt left my home with the wrong color shingles (brown not grey) and live wires laying on my roof. Moldy insulation and a refusal to show any documents stating the roof was in good shape prior to install. Theyve tried to get me to buyout the contract, buy an overpriced roof, and sign confidentiality agreement. This company is the reason people dont trust or want solar panels on their homes. Ive retained a lawyer and will be going after them.

Derik Mount Union, PA

I have had my system for over a year. Our inverter went over 2 1/2 months ago and NO ONE called us. Luckily I checked after getting a larger than normal electric bill. So now not only did trinity wipe their hands clean of us, sunnova has rescheduled on us TWICE!!!! So here is to another month of an extra bill! This is a ridiculous business practice! Trinity sells the system then is done with you. Don’t buy into they will be their for you for the next 25 years. They don’t care about you. Stay far far away!!

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Derik, Thank you for this feedback. Please call me directly, I'm happy to help. 732-607-8757

Nov. 12th, 2021

Wieg337 Ephrata, PA

It is difficult to answer what the worst part of our Trinity Solar experience was. Between terrible customer service, bullying tactics, gender discrimination, and borderline harassment. Trinity Solar caused $10k worth of damage to our year old deck in our brand new home. It took weeks to have a customer service representative, to reach out to us regarding the damage. She laughed at our $10k of deck damage and stated “I don’t know why your so upset”. An attempt was made to fix the aesthetic damage to the deck, only causing permanent damage. At this point, Trinity denied responsibility. We went up the chain of command and were met with several executives including Russell P. the Regional Vice President. Russell and his colleagues screamed at me over several conversations and denied claims of the damage. Direct bullying and gender discrimination went on for weeks before Trinity decided they would only speak to a lawyer. Needless to say, we had to initiate litigation to try and get our deck fixed. This company is a scam. They have no integrity and have shown zero responsibility behind their employees mistakes.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hello, We strive to make sure each of our customers feel valued and we apologize if we did not meet your expectations. Although the staining of your deck is concerning, we observed similar staining on nearby decks of homeowners who do not have a solar system installed on their roofs. With over 65,000 solar system installations, we have never seen minor loose roofing granules stain a deck or that the staining would be exclusively caused by our installation methods. Our experience, coupled with what we’ve seen at nearby properties, suggests the issue you are witnessing is unrelated to the solar installation. Regarding your claim of gender discrimination, Trinity takes these types of allegations very seriously. However, upon investigation into this allegation, Trinity did not learn of or discover any facts that would suggest a claim of gender discrimination. If you feel that there are facts that suggest “gender discrimination”, please provide that information and we will conduct a further investigation. We believe we have made every reasonable attempt to serve you, including an attempt to clean your deck as a courtesy. Ultimately, it was not possible to fully resolve your concerns, which our research shows may be a default in the deck itself. Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to revisit these concerns and we will be happy to help to the extent possible.

Jul. 21st, 2021

James Carrington Wilmington, MA

Worst customer service. Three days after the system was brought on-line the system failed. A technician came out three days later and diagnosed faulty wiring from one of the panels. To his credit, he bypassed that one panel and got the systems running (I have 30 panels, one missing doesn't affect much). Two weeks later I had not heard about a replacement, so I called. It seems they lost the repair ticket. It took another two weeks to get the defective panel replaced. I had to call my sales rep to rattle someone's chain and get them to replace the panel. Now, less than a year later, I needed a chimney repair during which some debris dropped and broke another panel. It took ten days to get a technician out to diagnose the damage. Now, it has taken another six weeks to schedule a replacement (still not done). The excuse I'm given is that the "finance partner" must authorize any changes to the system, which can sometimes take several weeks. Right...Several weeks to authorize replacement of a damaged panel, which they have pictures of; a technicians report saying it must be replaced; and an insurance adjusters report from the chimney repair company admitting they caused the damage. Pathetic.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi James, we're so sorry to hear you had a negative experience but your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with management. We're glad to learn that your panel will be replaced tomorrow and our crew will work diligently to turn your experience around.

Jun. 3rd, 2021

Mary Ann Cassidy Egg Harbor, NJ

I would never recommend Trinity, even though they supposedly pay you for referrals. Here’s the facts, you decide for yourself. I signed agreement on June 19, 2020. Installed panels, in October I paid $12, 945 Installed connection in October, I paid $12,945 Did not receive $1500 incentive as I was told I would. Concierge told me I had to send W9. The W9 was sent in as requested. Paid $814 for permits which was cashed. System supposedly turned on 1/13/21 (7 months after signing contract) 2/4 - Concierge NJ says after speaking with our TREC Manager, Charlotte I was informed your final state application has not been approved yet, however, it was submitted on 1/14. Still No $1500 bonus received System was supposedly active on 1/13/21, but still paying full electric bill. I have not received any benefit for my solar. I am out almost $27,000. Here is the first response when I inquired about receiving a full electric bill in March: I can see your solar system was designed based on your usage in 2020 when we sized your system. If you use additional electricity for the month, it will not be covered by solar, and you will be charged by your utility at a higher rate. Nobody told me I would ever be paying a higher rate. Here’s the next response: we can see your system was recently energized. Solar systems can take 2-3 billing cycles before having a bigger impact on your electric bills. Since the system was energized in January, we recommend giving the system time to accrue credits to help lower your electric bill. You should be seeing a positive impact on your bills in the coming Spring and Summer months. In the lower production months, your system has not been energized long enough to build credits to cover your winter bills. See if anyone tells you it will take several months to get credit for the solar you produce. My advice is to find a company who provides service after you pay your money. Make sure you get everything in writing! Try not to pay for everything up front, hold back ½ the payment, so you will receive better service. Today is March 21, 2021 and I have not received the $1500 incentive.. I am paying my full electric bills in addition to a home equity monthly loan payment for the panel purchase. I was foolish.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Mary Ann, we are very sorry to hear that your initial experience was less than satisfactory but we do appreciate your feedback. We’re happy we could connect you with a Client Resource Specialist to discuss all of your concerns and expedite a resolution for you. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] so we can revisit your concerns with you.

Mar. 23rd, 2021

Div Shah Warren Township, NJ

I signed the contract in May 2020 and panels were installed in June 2020 but as of now in mid-Jan 2021, the system is not activated yet. Very old fashioned company where internal sales, engineering, installation, management, customer relation departments do not communicate with each other. I got all different answers for the delays. Most of the time I do not get any response on my request for the status. And sometimes incorrect information were provided without verifying with other departments. Once the contract is signed, panels are installed and get the money from customer, Trinity do not have any interest to complete the project. No one in the company care about the customer once Trinity gets the money. I have called at least 50 times so far to know the status. Neither proper answer was available nor any update on next move was given.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for this feedback Div. I'm glad that you were able to discuss your concerns with one of our Senior Directors yesterday. We're confident that your concerns will be resolved shortly.

Jan. 19th, 2021

Patrick Driscoll Milford, CT

We just received a bill from our utility company for $160.23, which is in addition to the $75 we pay Trinity Solar. Our bill last year at this time was $161.50 . We are FURIOUS! Basically, we are paying Trinity for giving us NO ENERGY at all. When our panels generate extra energy in the summer, guess who receives those profits? NOT US! We will be contacting an attorney this week to see this through. There is no way we will put up with this for the next 30 years. Over the last 6 weeks or so, we have called, emailed our bills and reached out to the representative who sold us this contract. We have not heard back from anyone. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for your feedback, Patrick. We strive to offer our customers excellent service, and I’m sorry we missed the mark here. We’re happy to have one of our Senior Sales Managers reach out to you so we can resolve your concerns quickly and make this right for you. Please expect a call soon to discuss.

Jan. 19th, 2021

Robert G. Palmyra, PA

Trinity solar uses digital signatures to sign contracts issued through DocuSign out of a Houston. When a salesman comes to talk to you, they will ask for you to sign on their IPad or other device. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING THEY HAVE NOT SENT TO YOU IN HARD COPY! Or THAT YOU HAVE NOT PRINTED OUT IN HARD COPY FROM AN EMAIL AND GONE OVER EVERY DETAIL! ANYTHING!! If they won’t give you a hard copy, or wait until you secure a hard copy, then refuse to use this company . They make a selective into confirming phone call which leaves out important information contained their 34 + page contract which is sent through email. But if an employee makes a mistake and you don’t get that contract, your project will fall in the crack and you will in up the same mess I had, having to go to court to get restitution. They make signing up sound so simple and inviting, but I have had a 13 month battle. My salesman was terminated between the time he signed me up and when the installation began — he did not tell me and neither did the company and it created a major mess for over 13 months with negligent and miscommunication. Responses to your concerns expressed by phone or email are sometimes weeks to months. Check these reviews and also reviews for this company on solarreviews.com. Reading these negative reviews should stop anyone from doing business with Trinity Solar ( the installer) and Sunnova ( the parent Lender company. )

Reply from Trinity Solar

We are so sorry for this unusual experience Robert but we appreciate your feedback and have used it to improve our Sales training. Thank you.

May. 19th, 2022

Henry Connahey Egg Harbor, NJ

Was told the panels would cover my electric bill completely and if not they would install more panels. Well guess what, we were still getting high electric bills. So trinity installed more panels and then handed us another lease contract for more money. When I explained that I could not afford more money and asked to remove the new panels. I was told I have pay for the contract with or without the panels. Plus I am STILL! getting an electric bill. Now I pay close to $300 a month for solar on top of an electric bill. And recently the second grid hasn't been working for 3months still waiting for them to fix it! Con artists!

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for this feedback. We would love the opportunity to look into this for you and conduct a solar analysis. A Client Resource Specialist will reach out to discuss your concerns and work to resolve them.

Dec. 7th, 2020

thph Gwynn Oak, MD

Unscrupulous sales and marketing I got a marketing call from these guys but claiming to be the US Energy Alliance in spite of being the National Do Not Call registry. I asked if they were non-profit, or government, or a company. They said yes. Not kidding. I asked again. Again the answer was yes. I then told them I could not find them online. After some more inquiry, they said they were Trinity Solar. I posted about this experience on Trinity Solar's Facebook page but they deleted and block my comments. They did not respond to my claims or question that I ask again here: Trinity Solar, why don't you tell us what the US Energy Alliance is and how you're related to them?

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for this feedback. Please call me at 732-607-8757 so that we can discuss your experience. We do not have a record of this phone call in our system and are assuming it was a third party company, not Trinity Solar. But we'd be happy to discuss.

Nov. 9th, 2020

Rinaldo Galendez Hartford, CT

That do not keep ,there promisis,as a company,,,the church refrar 3 member and ocording to there anousment,,they say it's $1000 per member,and $100 when they sit with a person and $500 when u refrar a person out of your organization,and $500 for church,,and also the person that gave the speech inside the church,ignored ,ower calls and text,,after 5 months,I had to call,the headquarters of Trinity solar...after that they asked me for my w-9 which I already gave to the person that gave out the speech,,,they did send the money but only $1,750,,,not the $1000 per member,,Al I want to say,,wy anoucing something when u won't keep your promise.

Reply from Trinity Solar

We appreciate this feedback and will use it for future training sessions. Unfortunately, the church didn't meet the requirements set up for our Communities program but we were happy to pay out for the referrals made.

Aug. 25th, 2020

Karina Araya New Milford, NJ

I met with Alexander H. the rep, a few days ago. He told me PSEG was charging me 22 cents kwh and he was going to lower it to 15 cents kwh. I told him my roof has 5 yrs of life he said for the first time they won't charge me to remove and reinstalled them again when the time comes to change my roof. He also offered me an incentive of $1,500. He said my monthly bill was going to be $46.00 I gave him my credit card, I signed the docs for PPA, he emailed them to me. I read all 12 pages carefully and look at my last 3 PSEG bills very closely and I didn't see anywhere that PSEG was charging me 22 cents kwh, instead, they are charging me 12 cents, which is LESS than what he was offering me (15 cents). There is nowhere in the documents that say they will remove and reinstall the solar panels when I decide to change the roof, it says they can do it but it will be at my expense. I have decided to cancel this solar panel service, I emailed the rep Alexander H. and never got back to me. I emailed solar support IGS the notice of cancellation and I am hoping they won't charge my credit card. I need a confirmation of cancellation. I will update once I hear from them.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Karina. We apologize for this as it's not in line with our usual customer's experience with us. We're here for you if you change your mind. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

May. 18th, 2022

Stephen Round Woodstock, CT

Yesterday afternoon my wife and I were enjoying the company of our nine-year-old grand-daughter when I noticed a shiny-new automobile (with no markings or signage) enter our 250 foot driveway. The casually dressed young man parked his car, got out and approached the front door. Thinking that he might be lost or looking for a specific neighbor, I came out and asked if I could help him. He mentioned that he noticed the house was brand new, and wanted to know if I had considered "going solar". I told him that I have had experience with solar and had looked into it in the past. He then asked if I'd be interested in hearing more about the advantages of solar power through a free "in home evaluation" later in the week. I asked what company he represented and mentioned "Trinity". I said I was not interested at this time, but I would take a brochure and/or business card . He then said something to the effect that the company was "faith based" and "green" and did not want to waste resources on printed materials. Right away I knew that there was something fishy going on. I said that, unless he had some printed materials, I definitely would NOT be interested at this time. He again asked I would just agree to a free "no obligation" in-home consultation. At that point, I had to emphatically say that I was NOT interested so he reluctantly thanked me and left. When I came in the house my wife had already dialed the police to find out if this guy was legitimate. Before she was even connected, we noticed a police car heading up the street with it's flashing lights on. My wife handed me the cellphone and, when the police dispatcher answered, I told her my address. She said that she knew exactly why I was calling. Other complaints had already been coming in from my area. Evidently, my neighbors had gotten the same bad feelings about this company that I did. After looking at many negative comments on this site about Trinity Solar (over 35% "ones"), I know now that my gut feelings were "on the mark". My wife and I are senior citizens and would hate to see anyone (senior or otherwise) tricked into being locked into a bad contract that could haunt them for the next 25 years. Sincerely, A Concerned Senior Added 3/7/2002 after Trinity's Reply Let me be clear that I am complaining about the fact that you are sending out salespeople in unmarked cars with no business cards and no printed information about the company. In this day and age, with scammers preying on everyone, how can you not see a problem with this? For the cost of a magnetic sign and some printed material you could avoid this type of problem. It also does not help your company for a potential customer to see over 35% negative ratings on this site. Were these customers helped with their problems? If so, it should be noted in an update like this one. Sincerely, Stephen Round

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We have an A+ rating from the BBB and have proudly been in business since 1994. I assure you we are entirely legitimate. We do apologize that someone interrupted your time with your grandchild but this rep did nothing offensive, inappropriate or outside of our code of conduct. In order to qualify homes for a “no out of pocket cost” solar system through state and federal funding we need to do an on-site evaluation to see if a home qualifies. That is why our sales people work in the field and approach homeowners at their place of residence. We also appreciate your concern for senior citizens. However, we do not employ any trickery nor do we lock anyone into bad contracts, unlike your currently utility company. We provide an alternative to your fossil-fuel burning utility with rates lower than what your utility company can provide and, we do it with green, renewable energy. We walk potential customers through the process and thoroughly discuss the pros and cons with each individual customer. Solar is not for everyone and we recognize that. However, we also believe the only way we can combat Climate Change is through people like yourselves choosing a better way to get their energy. After all, you are paying for the electricity anyway. Why not pay for it from a cleaner source. Feel free to reach out to our Client Resources department at (732) 780-3779 x6138 to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback, we appreciate hearing from everyone we interact with.

Mar. 5th, 2020

Zora Thomas New York, NY

Trinity Solar is a company who does want they want not the customer. The only tools the installers carry is channel lock pliers. They hammer and what ever else needs done. I was told it would take 2 days to complete and it took 5 months. They blamed everyone but themselves for the hold up. They blamed the borough, the inspectors, myself. Do yourself a favor and pick another company. I made several calls about why they would not install what I requested and was told I was harassing them and they were going to call the police on me. It cost me $18000.00 and I am not happy with the customer service or the product I received. Al .I can say is WARNING use VIVINT they do very nice work. The couple across the street used them and the work they did was done in 2 days and I spoke with the company superviser and he was very knowable not the salesman that came to my home. he was a new salesman and he promised me things that Trinity will not honer. They also blamed him for the problems I had But they were never wrong They said I got what they said I would get. Not a happy customer !!

Pancho Moreno Roslindale, MA

Bad start. Someone saw the “For Sale” sign on my car and came to inquire about it, so I showed it to him… 15mins later after me taking the time to show him the car, engine, tires, miles, vin number etc. we went for a test drive. We argued the price, I lowered it by 1k …we arranged to bring it to his mechanic for a final inspection. He mentioned that he was working… so he started talking to me about solar panels and ended up making an appointment for someone to come and talk to me about solar panels! He said he works with the government discounts He is I believe Albania and his name is Zejnel he is a Bad Hombre I live in Roslindale thank you

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for your honest feedback Mr. Moreno. We're going to research this incident and take disciplinary action if necessary. We endeavor to build trust with our customers and it seems we missed the mark here. Thank you for taking our call to discuss your experience, we're always looking for ways to improve. Warm regards and Happy Holidays!

Dec. 18th, 2019

CHRISTINE MINETT Mays Landing, NJ

We think we may have made a mistake going with Trinity Solar. We have had Trinity Solar since Aug, 2018. Initially there were no serious problems except for delays. This year we were notified in Oct that our system had not transmitting to IGS Solar since Sept 18, 2019 (almost a month). When someone finally came out to look at it, we were told the required part would take a couple of weeks. They would notify us when the part came in. We waited a few weeks and called again. Lo and behold, the part just came in!!! They could not schedule a technician to come out for another2 week or so. When he finally came out on Oct 25, he said he couldn't repair it, he now needed a new communication board which would take couple of weeks. The part came in and again it took a couple of weeks to get a technician to come out. Well, the technician came early this morning, Nov. 22. He did ring the doorbell but we didn't hear it. When we went out an hour later to check, we found the entire system was turned off. WHY COULDN'T HE LEAVE A NOTE ON THE DOOR? We called and left a message for Nicole asking why the system was now completely off and we did not receive a note or phone call. No call back! We called again hours later and were told by Nicole that now the Invertor needs to be replaced. Nicole also told me they don't leave notes on the door when no-one answers. It would take a couple of weeks for the part to come in Then they would schedule a technician to come out. (PROBABLY ANOTHER 2 WEEKS AFTER THAT BASED ON THEIR SOP). I told them this was ridiculous customer service!! Nicole said here was nothing else she could do. BE PREPARED, ANY SERVICE CALLS TAKE WEEKS, PARTS DON'T COME IN FOR WEEKS, ANY THEY REALLY DON'T GIVE A CRAP! Once you have their system, they don't care what you think!

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for your honest feedback Mrs. Minett, we certainly do care what you think and we appreciate your patience as we've worked to resolve your issues. We're glad that your system is producing well now and hope that we've met your expectations with our customer service. Please keep in touch and don't hesitate to call us if you need anything. Warm regards and Happy Holidays!

Dec. 18th, 2019

Georgette

I'm paying more than I was when I had just Atlantic City Electric because of the rep and his lies was told no holes in roof trees didn't need to be cut down roof was in great shape and the best lye was if I was not satisfied I could cancel anytime to don't worry just call me I'm 69 and locked into a 25 year lease and my bill's going up everything I asked was told I couldn't have and one other thing I did my research and need so many panels and was told oh you only need this amount of panels and you will generate enough energy and get back money well I found out I only have enough panels to generate 75% not 100% lies all to get you to sign up

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hello Georgette. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Someone from our Client Resources department will be reaching out to you to discuss this further with you.

Oct. 17th, 2019

Terry Hartman Columbia, PA

It was approximately a year ago when we approached by Trinity. The day arrived when the crew arrived and started to unload the panels. Someone inspected our roof and advised the roof needed to be checked further which we did and were advised the roof might last another 7 years and we would then have to pay to have the panels removed while a new roof was installed. So we bit the bullet to have a new roof installed. I actually talked to a Trinity rep and she could hear the banging and she advised the roof needed to 'settle' before the solar panels could be installed. How freaking king long does that take????? No calls no correspondence all this time. I am going to check for another company because of your poor customer service.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hello Terry. Thank you so much for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. It sounds like there was an error in communication on our end and we greatly apologize for that. We will have a manager reach out to further discuss this.

Oct. 18th, 2019

Stacie

The saleswoman was very nice at first and that is about all I can say that was good. We met with her on 2 different occasions. The first was a basic discussion about the program. The second was to discuss if we qualified and what our rate would be. Well we were told it was going to be a substantial savings and then the monthly payment ended up being more than what I currently pay. Why in the world would I sign up for a 25 year lease agreement when the monthly payment starts out at more than what I am currently paying? What a joke. Then when we didn’t sign..the salesperson tried to pressure us into just signing it. I don’t think so!! Glad we said NO to this deal!!

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Stacie, We’re so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We are known for our exceptional service and regret that we missed the mark in this instance. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 ext. 9347 and ask to speak with Emily. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward making things right.

Jul. 16th, 2019

Jeannie Hamden, CT

In Oct a guy came to my door to talk about solar panels. I was interested so set up an appointment to meet with a sales rep. I remember having to leave work early to be at my house in time to meet him, day 1 interfering w my job... no biggie. We discuss solar and the benefits, he assures me he'll be there through the entire process from the beginning to end with any questions or concerns I may have. I then sign some papers and he tells me he'll get back to me. Once everything is approved he needs to return to finalize the sale, I believe he came on a Sat. Once I signed the papers to commit I never heard form him again. One morning a man shows up at my house, no badge, no trinity van just showed up and needed access to my roof from the 3rd floor. I found that to be odd. Before they even start installation you need to have a home energy audit so I call to set it up they only make appt mon-fri 3pm being their last appointment. So now I need to be home early from work for this, day 2 interfering w my job. I believe early Dec my permits were all set and they call to set up installation which you need to be home for since they need access to your electric box, day 3 interfering w work. That particular day it was pouring out, They couldn't get much done but did what they could and I was told they'd call to reschedule. A wk went by I heard nothing. Finally after almost 2 wks I call them asking if they could come finish this. Day 4 interfering w work. They didn't finish so needed to come back and again needed to be inside my house day 5 interfering w work. Finally done sometime in Jan. Now I'm told the town needs to come look at the electric before being approved. Weeks pass before they call to set up an appt. Before the town comes, trinity needs to come back just to make sure everything looks good, day 6 interfering w work. Early Feb the town came and I was told next UI needs to come to switch out boxes or something and yet again someone needs to be home day 7 interfering w work. After a few wks they call to set up an appt for UI. I had a scheduled appt for yesterday afternoon, had someone take time out of their day to wait at my house for them and no one showed up. I called Trinity leaving a message wanting to know what happened and no one returned my call that was 2 days ago. This is a horrible company. I understand that weather and permits played a small role but they weren't up front. If I knew it would take 7mth and 8 days interfering w my work schedule I certainly wouldn't have singed up for this. I honestly wish they'd just come remove the panels. I'm disgusted with the entire process, total nightmare.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Dear Jeannie, I'm sorry you felt that way. Since you did not include your last name I am unable to have a Senior Manager reach out, but please contact your local Trinity Solar office and request to speak with the Operations Manager. Your concerns are our concerns and will be addressed. Thank you for letting us know.

Apr. 8th, 2019

Joe Martella Bordentown, NJ

Absolutely terrible customer service. My panel mounts were improperly installed which caused water damaged to ceilings on my first and second floors. I spoke to Kayla N who asked me to send pictures of the damage, which I did along with pictures of the improper roof mounts. Despite being told that someone would get back to me in 24 - 48 hours, is has been two weeks, 3 voice mail messages and 3 emails later and I got no return phone calls or email. I finally was able to get through to someone in their "concierge" customer service this morning who relayed a message from Kayla that she has been "having problems with her email" and I was given another email address to send my pics to. I guess Kayla's phone, voicemail, and answering service were also on the fritz. I will update this review if and when they actually do something about the damage that their improper installation caused.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hello Mr. Martella, We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We’re sorry you had such a frustrating experience with regard to your roof leaking, it’s not what we like to hear. A member of our Senior Management staff will be reviewing your account and reaching out to work toward a positive resolution for you. Your business means a lot to us and we want very much to restore your confidence in us.

Mar. 27th, 2019

Celina Chauvet Uniondale, NY

I have solar panels with Trinity Solar for one year and it’s been nothing but headaches and frustration. Trinity employees are liars, thieves and scammers. Please do not use them. During the one year that I’ve been a customer I’ve had to have my roof repair about four times because of a leak and now the fifth time Trinity is giving me a run around telling me to call sunnova to get a case number.As of today my roof in my bedroom is still leaking. I texted the supervisor and told him what happen but no response. Trinity’s employees are very unprofessional and discourteous. Please do not use this company save yourself the heartache, stress and aggravation. I’m not benefitting from the solar panels at all. I pay $80 each month directly taken from my bank account and still I’m paying over $130 each month for electric bill. Last summer I had very high electric bills over $100 each mont. I complained to Trinity and was told that I need a new meter. For my trouble Trinity offered me $250 but I recieved a check for $150. My next step is to contact the public service commission and Better business Bureau.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Celina, I'm sorry you're dissatisfied with your solar experience. Your PV solar system is owned by a finance partner so we are obligated by contract with them to obtain their permission prior to any site visits or repairs. The solar contract guarantees production so any deficit in production will be reimbursed to you when the utility company executes their annual true up review.

Jan. 15th, 2019

Michael Walters Toms River, NJ

I will keep my review to my most recent issue. I own an 18 year old home. Trinity installed our panels in 2015. The contract I entered into came with a 25 year commitment. The installers stated that our roof was in very good condition and stated that they were certifed and experienced roofers. We were never informed by these so called certified roofers that our roof only had a life expectancy of 20 years. They were aware that our home was 15 years old at the time of installation. Why would they encourage me to enter into a 25 year commitment on a roof that wasn't expected to last more than 5 more years? They preyed upon my ignorance. In recent months I've had several leaks during rain storms. All companies that have come out to inspect the roof state that any qualified roofer would have known the life expectancy of my roof and told me that it would have to be replaced long before 25 years. The companies that have recently inspected my roof state that the roof should be replaced very soon as the leaking is a result of normal wear. I contacted Trinity and told them of the situation. They told me that to avoid violating my contract I would have to use their installers. They stated the cost to remove and reinstall the panels would be $6500. I received quotes for a new roof ranging from $7000 to $10,000. When I shared the price of the panel removal and reinstallation quoted by Trinity, all of the company representatives that came out to inspect my roof called that cost insane andd ridiculous. I complained to Trinity and they stated they would do removal and reinstallation for $4500. I understand as a homeowner that replacing my roof in an unpleasant, but necessary responsibility. I find the $4500 fee of Trinity absurd and I feel that they are taking advantage of me. I regret every aspect of my experience with Trinity. I was mislead from day one by their sales representative and the experience has become a nightmare. I welcome anyone to contact me personally and I will share all facts. I encourage everyone to become educated regarding the use of solar energy and encourage everyone to use a company other than Trinity.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Michael, I'm sorry you're disappointed with your solar experience. I have spoken with our Resolutions Department and they reached out today and left a voicemail. We'd like very much to come to an amicable resolution and earn your confidence. Please return the call at your soonest convenience. Thank you.

Jan. 3rd, 2019

Kelvin Jonestown, PA

I met with Chris L. A. on Saturday November 3rd to discuss possibly having solar panels and to get more information, at the beginning he was nice and everything seemed to be going good but when he was trying to get me to sign the papers his attitude changed, I didn’t want to commit to something for 25 Years right away, my wife was at work and I wanted to discuss the information I got from Chris with her and we talk about it together before any decision was made, then since I didn’t want to sign he kept telling me I didn’t need to sign cause he gets 7-8 contracts a day, so I told him I’m not educated on solar panels and he told me that Trinity Solar is not in the business to be educating people, I thought that was very rude and that helped make the decision not to go with the company. Very horrible experience. I said that Trinity Solar should not be advertising for a free quote with no obligation to sign anything.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Kelvin, it is certainly understandable that you would want to consult your wife regarding such a decision and take time to make sure you understand all that is involved. Trinity Solar is indeed in the business of educating interested people about solar and any representation to the contrary is unacceptable. Your comments have been brought to the attention of our Senior Vice President of Sales to address. Thank you for making us aware. Should you have further questions or interest, please contact our office and request that a sales manager be assigned to address your questions per your communication here.

Nov. 7th, 2018

Peter Aleff

I received today a visit from one of Trinity Solar's "scouts" who told me their company had identified my roofs as perfectly suitable for a solar installation. I asked him to have his company send me a written description of their offer, including the financing options and output guarantees, but he told me they cannot do that, they must visit me to tell me what they propose. I checked the site for their Eastern Mass office and could not find an email address where to start the inquiry with them, but their site asks me to fill out a form that would authorize them to call me, even with robocalls, and even if I was on the government's "do-not-call" list. I cannot trust a company that allows communications only one-way, according to their preferences, instead of letting me ask my questions by email on my schedule.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Peter, your home was identified as having good orientation for solar without excessive shade, which is why the representative visited you to find out if you were interested in learning more. Trinity Solar installs custom solar systems and analyzes all of the relevant specifics of your home to design the system. There are also many options available for financing. Solar is simplistic in its benefits for energy conservation and savings, but there are many steps involved in the process that would be difficult to effectively communicate strictly through email. A scheduled appointment with a Sales Representative affords you the ability to learn what we can offer and the undivided attention of an expert to address all of your questions to help you make the best decision for your home. We certainly respect your choice to decline an appointment, but will always be available should you change your mind.

Oct. 11th, 2018

Kumar Kendall Park, NJ

I am a Trinity Solar customer since 2015, they are very good with signing you in but will leave you stranded when the real need arises. I paid for my roof and worked with them when they were delayed in installing my roof, worked with them when they could not read my solar meter for 45 days due to issue on their side but do not support or help you when you really need them. They are here only to make money, its a pity. When i signed up for Solar, they said my roof is in Great condition and do not need to replace it for 10 more years and went ahead with installation. After three years i started facing roof leak issues and needed to replace my roof. I am still under warranty but their customer service do not want to help with my roof leaks and deny their claim about my certifying my roof. So i gave up on they helping with the roof leaks and started looking at my own options to hire contractors. But no contractors are willing to take a chance with replacing the roof under my solar system and asking me to reach my solar company to remove the panels before they can fix the roof and when i requested Trinity to remove the solar panels so that that i can get my roof changed/fixed instead of helping me out they gave me a quote of $6500 to remove the roof and reinstall after the roof is replaced. I am very disappointed with their service and way they deal with their customers. It is very unfortunate, i do not know how to come out this situation.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Kumar, In response to your review comments, our Resolution team is reviewing your account and working with Upper Management to come to an agreement with regard to your roof. I believe you are currently in communication with a Resolution Specialist who is actively working to assist you. Trinity Solar is devoted to our customers and are hopeful your confidence in us will be restored.

Oct. 5th, 2018

Diane Gale Southwick, MA

NOTE: We are well-versed in solar installation and pricing, so this review is not based on ignorance of pricing structures and incorrect expectations. Trinity Solar is NOT transparent in their pricing and will not provide a breakdown of their pricing. Their pricing was more than 2 times the other 6 comprehensive quotes that we received. They offer a Production Guarantee, but it is clear that they insure this internally by including that hedge in their pricing to every single customer. They did not advise us of financing options available to us that we ABSOLUTELY qualified for through the state (they did cover federal and state tax incentives, however.) They ONLY steered us to their own associated financing leg and NO OTHER whether we discussed leasing or buying the system. Every installer quotes an estimated annual production. This is what Trinity bases their Production Guarantee on. When we discussed the leasing option, the production guaranteed was 11,000+ annual watts. When we changed to a purchase, all of a sudden the annual production for EXACTLY THE SAME SYSTEM dropped to 10,000 annual watts (more than 10% drop in guaranteed production simply because we change the method of PAYING FOR IT. NOT POSSIBLE, and the only explanation provided was, "that's just the way the pricing is". That says they build in excess profits and hedges in their pricing, and they clearly make less money on a straight up purchase than a gouging 25 year lease, so they reduce the guarantee basis. Everything was smooth and cordial until we started delving into the analytics and questioning these details. Then the salesperson became abusive and insulting. Steer clear of this one.

Joseph Hudak, Jr. Whiting, NJ

Everything was fine until installation which was performed illegally with out proper construction permits. After waiting for the municipal inspection for 6 weeks I (the homeowner) inquired of the Building dept as to when we could expect inspection for approval. That's when it all went downhill. Trinity Solar still (6 weeks after install) had not picked up the construction or electrical permits or paid the required $571.00 for same. When I pressed Trinity my calls went to voicemail and were not returned and eventually the customer service contact no longer was employed at Trinity. Went through several other people and got no response. I (the homeowner) instructed the building dept of the town to put them in violation even though that would include me. None of this was any of my fault. I demanded Trinity to remove the install as it was done without proper permits. One more month of delays and no call backs from voicemails I left. Until the end of April when Trinity finally paid for and picked up the permits. The city was right on top of the inspection process and did that in 3 days time. approving both construction and electrical. Now Trinity says it's up to JCP&L to swap out the meter and we have to wait for them. The end of May (yet another four weeks-one month shot) and I (the homeowner) called JCP&L about the swap out and they informed me it was done two weeks ago and a letter of approval was sent to Trinity Solar. I had even received an emailed copy. At this time I had spoken three times to colleen M. at Trinity who tried to assure me she would helpm and get us up and running. While explaining to Colleen that JCP&L had emailed the approval two weeks ago she told me that the person addressed on the email no longer was employed at Trinity either. That person left and no one checked that computer for any emails. In 2 days and 4 phone calls Colleen M. accomplished what no one at Trinity was able to do in 4 months. A $67,000.00 system sat on my roof for 4 months accomplishing nothing for no one. It didn't benefit me, Trinity, or SunRun electric Co or the Earth for that matter. I doubt that I or any one would ever see any possible $500.00 referral credit quoted from day should we ever referr some one for solar to Trinity. Trinity does not seem to know what customer service is. They also seem to have a high rate of employee turn over. Gee isn't that ironic? A sad state of affairs when you are dealing with such high stakes and dollar figures. I hope no one ever asks where I got my solar from as I do not want to recommend Trinity at all. If you deal with Trinity ask to speak to Colleen M...she seems to know her job and how to perform it.

Lisa Perez Del Valle Fair Lawn, NJ

They tell you you can cancel before they issue permits . Then they get the permits so fast that you can’t cancel or you have to pay the permit fee. I was unsure about the leasing of the solar. A week later I requested info on buying instead of leasing as I still was unsure and wanted to be more informed. A few days after I requested the information I asked for an explanation of the buying/loan process. Since I was still deciding I didn’t think they went ahead and issued permits. Then I get a call that installation is ready to be scheduled. I sent an email explaining I didn’t decide yet to please hold off on any permits & will get back to you after the weekend. They never said at that point it’s too late it’s already issued so I wasn’t concerned. I emailed them on a Wednesday after that weekend to say please cancel. Now they say it’s too late permits already processed you will have to pay that fee. This company rushes to get the permit so your hands are tied. They knew I was going over it with no final decision made. This is a terrible way to do business.

Betty Cheshire, CT

SHADY. SHADY. SHADY. A persistent and non-relenting sales man (dressed like a woman , nonetheless) kept on knocking on all the doors of our neighborhood. He made threatening remarks about a "new CT law requiring solar energy to be place by x year at x percent." He told me that he wasn't trying to sell anything. And then pitched Trinity Solar. He won't stop knocking on my door until I finally told him to never knock again. I already answered the door three times. He even inquired about my neighbors. He and this company are the harassing incarnation of spam in your inbox and telemarketers on your phone lines.

Emrah Altunkaya West Orange, NJ

A guy named Leigjton showed up at my door. He was very polite and introduced himself. I was already interested in solar energy and had to pause my plans 2 years ago when I had to move somewhere else. Now that I was back and the roof was recently done (a healthy roof is required) this was the perfect opportunity. He took some pictures on his ipad. During the conversations he told me that he went to the High School in our town. When I asked more specific questions then he told me, he went to school somewhere else but came back for a year then went somewhere else again. At the time I didn’t suspect they were all lies, but now I realize that they are trained to look and sound sympathatic to the customers by trying to look local or share common grounds, support same team etc. anyways they he made an appointment for a 2nd visit. He came with a guy he called himsef Ray. By the way no business cards etc even after I asked for it. Now I suspect these are not their real names as well. They came with a contract and tried to make me sign it right there. When I started to read, they told me ‘nobody reads them anyways’. Interestingly the contract was under my wife’s name and I told them I couldn’t sign on her behalf they told me ‘it’s just electronic signature’. I told them that it is a felony. Then they called a few numbers to have my name added as well which they did. They told me it was OK if ine of us signed it. They put a 3 day cancellation period. I told them it was too short and literally changed that to 7 days. I was late to my other meeting and I signed the contract thinking I had 7 days to review and cancel. I did this because I was hyped up about solar and if it was good I already took care of the first step and if not I could cancel it. After my other meeting, I came home and expected them to have emailed me a copy of the contract I signed on his laptop. None. I got suspicious and then searched the internet for Sunnova which is the main solar company that finances all the project and manages finances afterwards- as far as I understood. Trinity, as they claimed, does the installation as the ‘contractor’. I have seen so many negative reviews and some went through similar steps. Then I realized that these guys were con artists and they get you hooked up and then play with you. I decided to cancel. Next day on Saturday April 21st I texted Leighton to email me my copy of the contract I sign. He was telling me that the contract is not active until the financial agreement witj sunnova also clears. That is not the contract language says. All lies. Every promise is verbal, but every legal binding term is written. BEWARE. He reluctantly emailed me. And I realized that the contract was 3 days back-dated and remember that they put 3 days to cancel which I changed to 7 days. So, their plan was the moment I signed it, it was too late to cancel. Then as per the language of the contract they can send you bills. They can claim thousands of $$ for preparation of crappy google earth picture of your roof with solar panels and their visits etc. all to pressure you to keep the contract. Their website has no email posted anywhere, but at least I had Leighton’s email. I send him a cancellation notice, a page in the contract by law has the language for cancellation. Then I mailed a certified copy with return receipt, to the mailing address provided. I hope they do not appear nowhere near my property again. This is the worst kind of company I had to deal with and I am hoping that I am out of the woods with the part of that contract I signed which was a very stupid mistake on my part. DON’T REPEAT MY MISTAKE. DON’T EVEN SIGN ANYTHING.

Suzy West Babylon, NY

In reading these reviews I agree, find a different company. Their Support system is terrible! I have been trying to get my problem solved for the last 3 months via emails. They finally called me, home phone during working hours, so I did not get to speak to him directly till I called back. Of course it was a Friday so I couldn't speak to anyone till after the new year. Finally they went remotely onto my system and say it is not working efficiently. Duh! Why didn't they do that in the first place? Not happy with them at all. I will review again after they check out my panels tomorrow! STAY AWAY FROM TRINITY!!

Francis E. Moore Lunenburg, MA

After my experience with Trinity, I'm surprised that their rating is as high as 26th, I expected it to be lower. I only went with Trinity because I personally knew someone who worked for the company. I didn't expect any kind of a deal, but thought I would get accurate information, advice, and good customer service. At the time I made my decision, Trinity's lowest reviews were for poor customer service and lack of communication and company representatives returning customer calls. I my case repeated emails, phone calls, and text messages went unanswered, even by the employee I thought I knew. So much for friendship. But it didn't stop there. The installation of my system was sub-par at best. Beginning with the time it took to install the system. Four days over a two month period with a fifth because the local building inspector failed the install on his first inspection which required the installation crew to return again. What was really irritating was one of my neighbors had his system installed in one day (a bigger system) and was up and running within 90 days. By the way, my installation crews only worked half a day any time they were here. As a result of all the delays my system was delayed going on-line producing power credits. The installation itself was sloppy. Several of the panel frames were scratched and scraped from dragging them across my roof and cutting the panel rails. I also found a number of gouges in my new roof that required patching. I didn't call Trinity and complain after my many other calls went unanswered and repaired the roof myself. My system is up and running producing power. I've yet to find any other problems with the system or installation but I expect to. Bottom line, stay any from this company. Pay attention to the on-line reviews and never, ever, rely on friendships when it comes to this kind of an investment. Twenty-sixth? They should be last.

Maria O Egg Harbor Township, NJ

BUYER BEWARE! From our first meeting with rep, something didn't seem right. We're experienced solar customers (from our prior home) and the sales rep was aware of this. He showed up at our home with NO INFORMATION. Only an iPad that had two photos (one of their system) and one of another company's system on a home. NO presentation, NO facts about the equipment -- NOTHING. Just wearing a pair of shorts and a golf shirt as if he just left the golf course. The rep knew I was an Eagles fan and proceeded to LIE and told us they were the the company that did the solar work on Lincoln Financial Field (home of the Eagles)! Little did he realized I would challenge this, did some fact-finding of our own and were actually contacted by the company who DID the solar at the Linc -- and it wasn't Trinity!!! He also told us the solar panels were made in the USA -- which I highly doubted -- but went along with him. We scheduled a 2nd appointment and asked hime to come more prepared. The 2nd visit, he brought some VP -- who again -- had NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT OR THE CONTRACTS / SMALL PRINT. When I asked for details on the solar panels, inverter equipment -- this VP asked me if I knew the kind of wood that my electric light poles were made out of. I couldn't understand why he was asking me this. Well, it was HIS analogy how my not knowing this information didn't prevent me from getting power to my home. So basically -- I apparently DIDN'T need to know information about a $75,000 (oversized & overpriced) system they were pitching us. After much hounding about it, they did email me information on the panels (which WEREN'T made in the USA) and inverter (which had a much shorter manuf warranty than 25 years). But finding out that they LIED about doing the solar project on Lincoln Financial Field was the final straw. LIES AND NO TRANSPARENCY about their equipment and the small print. NO THANK YOU!

Chris Smith Chicago, IL

Trinity is the ultimate bait and switch company... everything about them is a half truth. They even use a program named Podium that they send clients to conduct a review... the catch is that it only publishes positive reviews... I kid you not. I worked for them and did quite well for a while but the turnaround was ridiculous... every person that left was cheated out of commissions. If you look into the reviews you will see things like "lack of transparency" and that is an understatement. Trinity is all smoke and mirrors. Refusing to send out contracts is part of their MO because they tell you that if someone gets a lawyer to look at the contract the odds are they are not going to go solar. Trinity has turned into a total bottom feeder with kids canvassing neighborhoods and knocking on doors. Don't plan on them being around when your system needs service.... read your contract. There are much better solar companies out there.

NinaC Newton Highlands, MA

I signed up with Trinity Solar to install my solar panels in summer 2015 and finally the panels were installed but not inspected till March -April 2016, although my contract promise a completion date of Oct 15, 2015. The saleman who sold me the system left the company and I finally found out many promises he made were not delivered. For example, after the system finally be inspected and is producing electricity, the company did not set up an automatic monitoring service for our system which is different from the term of the contract. In fact, many homeowner will not look into the language carefully and knowing if their system will be monitored by the company which is standard service every solar installer offers with the installation. Initially Trinity try to use excuses to exclude my system from this automatic monitoring service after many weeks fighting plus withhold the final payment for the installation, they finally agreed to include the system as part of the service. I was then told this in fact is a standard practice for all cash payers. They apologized for the mixup. A year later, March 2017, I was told by my SREC company that Trinity did not connect the remote monitoring system directly to the production meter. As a result, the SREC company could not get the solar protection number from the SolarEdge automatic reporting system. Instead, me, the homeowner will need to report the production each month manually, took a picture of the meter production then email to the SREC company which is not what I signed up for and I believe no consumer is expecting they will have to report it manually each month. What I signed up for is an automatic monitoring system and automatically report the problem or the production number without human intervention. I contacted one of the manager at Trinity in March and was assume the problem resolved. as I never heard back after received a letter informing me that he "will jump right on it". Today I was contacted by Trinity Monitoring department and told me my solar system communication was down and I checked on my phone APP and found my system has been down 2-3 weeks ago. Trinity solar just found the problem. The monitoring service they provide supposed to be on daily basis. Trinity did not discover the problem till 3 weeks later which is not acceptable per the industry standard. I then ask about my production reporting system issue I contacted they 4 month ago, and I was told in order to change the connection from the monitoring system from the inverter to from the production meter, there is a $1200 additional charge which is absurd. When Trinity Solar set up the production meter, they should have installed the remote monitoring system directly to the meter. But due to this company is NJ based and unfamiliar with Massachusetts state solar production requirement & regulation, they failed to follow the MA state regulation and installed the monitoring system connected with the inverter. Now Trinity want me to pick up their cost of modification to system to meet Massachuseet requirement. Trinity''s deceiving practice must be stop.

Longman Plainsboro, NJ

I have NEVER been as disappointed with ANY COMPANY as Trinity. I'm of Faith, and they even used "Trinity" as a selling marketing ploy. shame, shame. Panels took forever to get installed. I started mine 5 months before my neighbor SunRun had them up & running in no time. I was going to let 'all' my friends and co workers know' the benefits. However; I was "Undersized", so I was told by them I'd need to install another 'whole unit, and Yes under Contract!...Ridiculous!. I'm paying ~$65.00/month rental, 25year contract...and stuck in it until 10 years, minimum, then I can BUY OUT!!...Ridiculous!...I wanted to pay off, but cant even do that. Biggest HUSTLE I've ever been scammed into, but We live & learn, I should have looked at ALL OPTIONS of other companies, No 2 are the same....it's just that this is clearly the Worst!

Craig Hinckley Brookfield, CT

I'll save you a lot of headache by just saying find another company. Trinity Solar may have been a good company a couple of years ago but from what I've learned they are in major financial trouble. They pulled the old bait and switch and when their "financial partner" went out of business last year (OneRoof Energy) they continued to install systems that One Roof had financed.... after the system was installed then Trinity contacted the clients and attempted to switch them over to another financial partner with much less favorable terms. Most people just signed without understanding the differences but it will haunt them down the road... I'm a former employee and client. My system was installed by Trinity and financed by OneRoof Energy but was completed before the "financial meltdown "... it works fine. Trinity works hard to get positive reviews and there are some happy customers. There are an alarming number of extremely angry clients and former employees.

Maria Chesney Toms River, NJ

Thank you everyone who has given your honest opinion and shared your experiences. My husband and I had a gentleman come by our house on Saturday afternoon at 2pm for our initial appointment. He was on time and very friendly, but when it came down to talking numbers and initiating service he became EXTREMELY high pressure. He had two laptops going, was talking 90 miles an hours and flippng documents back and forth between us and pressuring us to sign up. I told him we were just looking into it today and we would review the documents and set up a follow up appointment. Well, he started saying how very difficult it would be for him to get back out to us and if we would just sign up to get things started because it would take him 30 days to get the financing paperwork through and pull the permits. I told him, AGAIN, that we were only looking into it at this time. I wanted to look over all of the documents that he emailed me. He didn't even have actual papers with him to read, just emails of documents!! He kept saying if you just sign this and get things started, it's no problem if you change your mind because you have 30 days to cancel. All lies!! Contract law in New Jersey has a 3-business days rescission provision and I happen to know that it applies to ALL contracts. He insisted, no you have 30 days to cancel. I also told him he was way too high pressure for me. We're NOT signing anything today. You can come back another day after we look things over. Again, he pressured that it would be very difficult for him to come back out to us. That's when I really lost it! I told him if he really wanted the sale, he would find a way to get back to us.......especially since he started his appointment with us by letting us know he only lives 20 minutes away from our house!!! Everyone please heed these warnings on this website. Guess what? I was right - all the paperwork says "3-business days" rescission period all in Capital Letters! He called me again this morning and I told him that's what the paperwork says and he said, 'No, it's 30 days.' I said, 'You don't even know what your paperwork says.' He said, "Yes I do." So I said, "Well, then if you do I guess you were purposely trying to deceive us!' He hung up on me. BEWARE! I am now looking into NJ Home Services - they are right here in NJ and their parent company is NJNG - so you don't have to worry about them skipping out. By the way - Trinity used to do business in Utah. They no longer have an office there. I wonder what all of those customers in Utah are doing for service now.......

Tricia R. Oakdale, CT

Our original salesperson was great. But after the roof survey the company called and said our roof needed support but they'd do it at installation with no charge, no problem. Then we needed trees cut down, since there was too much shade. We did, but didn't hear back after many e-mails. Our salesman had left but no-one took his account! I called and called but got no response until I left a message to return my deposit. Then I was called by someone who didn't know what he was talking about. I still cancelled but had to sign an agreement not to go with anyone else! I still had another company give a roof survey and THEY said, unfortunately, our roof here in NE wouldn't be strong enough, with snow and panels, and since we have cathedral ceilings, we have very little attic space to reinforce. We'd need to remove the roof to do so! So we had to cancel our plans and now we have no more trees since we cut them down for Trinity!!! If we'd gone ahead with them, we might have had a cave in after a typical New England snowstorm!!!!

alllison robitaile Huntington, NY

it took about 4/5 months before i was up and running. had to have them back or on phone for some reason or another. its been over a year and I'm still speaking with the company. apparently the rep. that came to my home had left a LOT of information out that is very pertinent to a buyer. i had enough issues that this rep. stated that he would make my $250.00 down deposit into 1,250.00, which never happened. A month later i was informed that he was no longer with the company... one year later i get a call from a collection company that I'm in collections for many thousands of dollars, but in the mean time i am paying my loan to a company that had gotten in touch with me through trinity solar (i believe). Apparently sunedison went bank rupt, but is still trying to collect money from me. we are in investigation now. as of this date my solar is not producing; I'm not quite sure if it was turned off a week ago while having maintenance and wasn't put back on. to sum up, i feel i have had nothing but head aches since I've purchased this solar and do hope it comes to a happy ending and not a lawsuit.

Jack Mudge Trenton, NJ

Extreme lack of communication. Solar under a lease program is a gamble and it is not well spelled out. Normal bill before solar and what electric company tells us would be current bill 5 years in $300 per month. We pay $600. a month. Thanks for nothing. Of course if electric rates went up we might have seen some equal savings but since energy is cheap because of frocking and other drivers of energy cost we will only pay higher costs. Oh an the more we produce (a good thing)-the more we pay!!!!! If we sell the house its a night mere along with long term roof repairs. We lost our home owners insurance because we had to many panels. The only winner here is these two companies. The consumer is out to dry.. Due to a divorce the contract went missing. Neither Trinity or kilowatt energy have answered our request for a copy. Rather disappointing.

Chiara Bambara Columbia, CT

Signed contract in April, installed mid-June, told system would be turned on in July and saints in bill in August - it's the end of August and I am still waiting for the sales rep, Andy ***, to let me know what is going on. I called customer service today and was told that Trinity Solar lost the support of one of its financial partners and is looking for new partners. No ETA given. i was told that this was out of Trinity's control. When I replied that Trinity made the choice to partner up with this particular company and I was told that I chose to go for the financial incentives offered by Trinity - in other words, it is my problem and poor judgment. I could not believe my ears.,,the way this company handled (or did NOT) handle this problem is what worries me most.

Karyn Norris Ashland, MA

These people are scammers. They act out the CLASSIC bait and switch. No was quoted 14.5 cents per kilowat. No installation costs, no monthly leasing fee and rate was good for 20 years. The first installation date was canceled because Trinity didn't pull permits. The next installation date was canceled because they hadn't completed financing paperwork (which is a lie - because Inhad to get approved to lease the panels before a contract was drawn up). I told them cancel everything. Suddenly I get a call apologizing for the screw up - but they have WONDERFUL news. The NEW contact I would sign would get me $500 back and a rate of 13 cents per KW - and a lower monthly lease fee. I told him my contract HAD no lease fee. He assured me it did. I sent him my contract and said "point out where I agreed to a $126 monthly lease fee. He wrote back and admitted I hadn't - but promised me if Inwould just sign he NEW contract with the $123 monthly fee I would absolutely save money. My last electric bill was $123 - so a $123 lease fee plus 13 cents per KW would almost DOUBLE my bill. They continued to pressure me - but I canceled everything. Then I read online reviews (should have done this first). A LOT of reviews where the refuses to honor original contract.

David Troust Silver Spring, MD

I had a great first site visit with the relatively young rep, and was very motivated to move forward, both from the environmental benefits and the long term cost savings. The rep that visited seemed very knowledgeable, and the rate reduction looked great. Instead of receiving a proposal or report, Trinity skipped a few steps and just sent us a service agreement, which listed very different rates and regular annual rate increases. I texted the rep and he said that he had been sick and then forced to attend Trinity trainings, which is why he didn't review the agreement before it was sent to me. Since he was taking no ownership for the customer service failure, and misleading agreement, I called the MD office and spoke to a random staffer and explained the situation. She assured me that a supervisor would be calling me that day to apologize and amend the agreement to match the quoted rates. I received no call from anyone, after sending two more emails and calling 3 more times. I really wanted to make it work with Trinity, but their absolute failure to even call me about the issue tells me that they fully intended to slip the misleading rate info into the agreement and defraud us. I've since texted the rep a few times to tell them that scathing reviews were in the planning, but I've never received any response. I'm now in discussion with SolarCity and will see how it goes, but I'm reading all the fine print. These guys are scammers, or at least have hideous customer service. Do not trust them!!

DV Clifton, NJ

Horrible company. I had another company here yesterday for a consultation and it was so informative and through. Trinity was supposed to send a rep at 4pm and I received a call 30 minutes before asking for information about my home and roof and trying to find my roof on the satellite and all these questions. I asked if he was coming or not and he said he wanted to figure out eligibility first. After 5 mins I ended the call and hung up because all he did was ask questions and waste my time. At in home consultation is supposed to be IN HOME. I made an effort to get home for this appointment and am downright pissed now.

Charles Loveland Woodbury, NJ

Trinity just gives you a runaround 4 months gone by still not working they don't get back to you i emailed management never got back to me the house next to me they were installed 3 weeks after me they changed the meter i called electric co they don't have paperwork to change the meter called the office in wall nj they said they were going to send paper to sign in 2 minutes did not get anything not even a phone call they told 3 weeks ago that the meter would be charged between 5 to 10 days that never happened i don't renamed this co. Thay can take them off my roof and put my house back the way it was i will be contacting some one to make a complaint this is bull shit do not trust them they get their money when job is done consumer get the shafted you just get the runabout.

Bill Bill Fall River, MA

You might notice a lot of one star reviews. There is a reason the company is disorganized.They have the worst customer service ever!The problem with Trinity is the customer service (disservice) people. My System was installed in late July but was not running til late October because of Trinty Mess up after mess up. They failed to return calls, damaged my property, reported the wrong meter to the electric company. They promised to do something because of the wrong things they did and failed to fulfill there promise. I filled a complaint with the BBB after all these delays and lost paperwork all of sudden showed up. Do yourself a favor and choose a different company, that is better with service, installs and responds to its customers needs.

victor Newark, NJ

hi solar friends as you know this has been going on since April and its almost mid September they are a really bunch of liars from sales to customer service they pass the buck to everyone else they no longer take my phone calls. I have to use other people to call them. Where I get the same answer, we waiting for the proper documents to send to my local utility company. for final inspection. Which is not happening, because their black balling me. Because of my nice reviews. Please do yourself a favor and don't get involved with this company. Because you will be sorry like me. Please refer to trinity solar face book page & look at comments under Victor. I'm not able to post ant reviews about this nightmare. Trinity solar is the bottom of the barrel.