SunPower

verified
SunPower Logo

SunPower

verified
SunPower excels when it comes to innovation, design, and production of solar equipment

Founded in 1992, SunPower is a solar company that prides itself on delivering reliable energy and long-term peace of mind for homeowners and businesses. The company is a pioneer in the industry and currently holds more than 750 patents for solar technology.

Known for manufacturing top quality, high efficiency solar panels that generate more power than conventional solar technologies and have a uniquely attractive, all-black appearance for itself and many other players in the industry, SunPower offers a few different options to help both residential and commercial consumers get started with renewable energy, but outsources most, if not all, of its projects to third-party solar installers.

Keep reading to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about SunPower, and check out SunPower reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available
  • High Efficiency Panels
  • Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production
  • Attractive Appearance
  • Compatible With Battery Storage
  • Online Monitoring
  • Lengthy Warranties

Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available

SunPower offers three different payment options for customers to choose from: solar leasing, purchasing with cash, and financing with a loan.

With the lease option, SunPower Capital owns the system and the customer rents the system from the company, requiring monthly payments. The lease comes with a 20-year performance guarantee, as well as easy options in case the customer needs to transfer the lease.

SunPower also offers outright purchase and financing options for customers interested in the tax credits and other incentives that come along with solar power ownership. Loan terms for solar systems typically range from 5 to 20 years and do not have any prepayment penalties attached.

The cost of a SunPower solar system ultimately depends on several factors, including current energy usage, available amount of unshaded roof space, the local utility’s net metering policy, and other factors. The easiest way to figure out exactly how much solar will cost you is to obtain a free quote from SunPower.

High Efficiency Panels

SunPower is on the cutting edge of solar technology and excels when it comes to innovation, design, and production of solar equipment, so customers can be confident that they will have high quality products on their homes.

In fact, SunPower makes the highest efficiency solar panels you can buy for your roof in today's market, and the company's solar cells are made of anti-reflective glass and coated with anti-reflective coating to ensure that they capture as much sunlight as possible.

Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production

SunPower's X-Series solar panels excel in terms of power generation and deliver 44 percent more energy per watt than competitive products. This means that SunPower can provide more clean power for its customers' homes with fewer solar panels.

SunPower panels also boast 75 percent more energy per watt than conventional solar panels, meaning that an investment in a SunPower system will ultimately pay off more in the long run.

Additonally, SunPower panels maintain their energy production much better than conventional panels in partly-shaded conditions, making them a better rooftop solar option for customers who live in a cloudy region or a relatively shaded area.

Attractive Appearance

In addition to being highly efficient, SunPower's panels are uniquely attractive and aesthetically pleasing. While many other companies in the solar industry offer traditional blue photovoltaic panels, SunPower's panels are all black, which helps them to blend in better with the rooftop on many houses.

Compatible With Battery Storage

SunPower's panels are compatible with the Freedom CPAP Battery produced by Battery Power Solutions. When a SunPower module is installed along with this battery, customers will still have access to electricity in the event of a power outage.

Online Monitoring

Online monitoring is extremely important for customers who want to see what the panels on their roof are producing and ensure that everything is up to par.

SunPower offers a helpful, convenient app for customers to do just that. The app provides important system information such as power output, savings, energy usage over time, and environmental effects.

There is also a consumption monitoring kit that provides more information than the app for customers who would like a more in-depth way to monitor their system. The consumption monitoring kit is installed by the dealer, but may not be compatible with all homes.

Lengthy Warranties

SunPower offers multiple warranties to protect its customers' solar energy systems, including a 25-year product warranty, which covers the equipment itself, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation. The clean energy company also offers a 25-year performance warranty, which covers the customer in the event that their solar modules underperform in terms of electricity production and output.

The Bad

• No PPAs for Non-Commerical Buyers
  • Few In-House Installations
  • Customer Service Complaints

No PPAs for Non-Commercial Buyers

Many customers may be interested in obtaining a SunPower module through a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) because this payment method typically includes some kind of $0 down option, which eliminates a barrier to entry for them to go solar.

Unfortunately, SunPower only offers PPAs to commercial customers, so consumers who are interested in a PPA for their home solar system will not have much luck with this company.

Few In-House Installations

SunPower is performing installations itself in select areas of California; however, SunPower panels are available in 40 states, excluding the following, through a network of dealers:

• Alaska
  • Arkansas
  • Mississippi
  • Alabama
  • Washington

The dealer you choose will end up being your installer and customer care center for the life of the solar PV panels, which creates a bit of confusion as to who should be contacted (the dealer or SunPower) in the event that any issues occur.

Customer Service Complaints

Many users on our site have provided negative feedback in regards to SunPower's customer service.

Common complaints include difficulty to reach a representative, company failure to return phone calls, slow response time, and inability to resolve issues.

The Bottom Line

SunPower offers a number of payment options, some of the most efficient solar panels in the industry, online monitoring for its customers, and a lengthy workmanship and product warranty.

However, the company does not offer PPAs to residential customers and outsources most of its installations, making it confusing for customers to know who to contact if there is an issue.

3.5

Kathleen Martin
February 5th, 2018 The Bronx, NY

Today 2/3/2018 my Solar System turns on! Very excited about this new venture. I cannot wait to see the savings. All the team at Sun Power is very professional, friendly and courteous. My experience is that from the sales representative is great; the way he explained the entire process from the beginning stage of the project to completion was on point. Some one always calls to follow up with the process and what the next step will be. I have to say I am very satisfied thus far. Again, I cannot wait to see the actual savings on paper. I will definitely update my review .about the service. I will definitely recommend Sunpower to my friends. Overall the experience is excellent! Kathleen M

Jeff Jannarone
February 5th, 2018 Belmar, NJ DETAILS

They absolutely fail at fixing their product in s timely fashion. They took 6 years to replace my failed system. Just in time for the 10 year warranty to expire. When the system works it is excellent. WHEN it works.

David R Mogensen
January 15th, 2018 Surprise, AZ DETAILS

One of my inverters has been out for over 3 weeks and the company has failed to repair. When we reach out to them, we are put on hold and calls are never answered. We have had nothing but issues with them since the day we assumed the lease from the previous home owner. The service company for the units blames SunPower, as we have called them on several occasions to see if they can resolve the issues. I would not recommend this company for your solar needs.

Joel Marquez
January 2nd, 2018 Avondale, AZ DETAILS

Sunpower has the best panels over all american built panels i love my new sunpower system and the representative was awesome show us why we needed sunpower after having 3 previews proposals from solarcity, sunrun, and elevations he was on another level

Gene Joles
January 2nd, 2018 Florence, AZ DETAILS

My solar system has been installed since Sep 2017 including the final inspection and is still inactive. SunPower has neglected to send Arizona Public Service (APS) the Lessor Agreement Acknowledgement in order for APS to install their meter and give approval for turn-on. There has been no reply after several inquiries to my direct representative, SunPower service personnel and their Arizona office from myself as well as APS for more than 2 months. Customer service, support and responsiveness is terrible!!!

robert schure
December 20th, 2017 Cave Creek, AZ DETAILS

This company is the worst worst in customer service worst in equipment before anyone deals with sun power be sure to check out their customer service by calling them or chatting with them on line When you find that they DO NOT respond you will go elsewhere

DesiB
December 8th, 2017 Walpole, MA DETAILS

I had sunrun earlier and they have best customer service. Now I am with SunPower. The main inverter to the home was not working and no one knows it. I escalated to the local company and finally after 40 days we go the new one installed. The service, response , customer care are the worst with SunPower.

James
November 30th, 2017 Lathrop, CA DETAILS

Okay! "so here's the scoop," I've been looking into solar for quite sometime, however it's been a nice journey, for me to learn about solar power and its affiliates. I looked into several companies, many had great salesperson rep down, but it just wasn't what I was looking for, when it comes to the panels, I've learned that while many of the panels from solar companies are at it's best for that particular company, doesn't mean it's the best panel. I had to consider a few things, for example: pricing, degradation over 20 years, product warranties for service, also power. Yeah!!, I finally found the company that had the panels and the warranty for the lifespan of the system, "Sun Power." Although I've seen negative feedback about customer service when it comes down to the contractors, not performing top notch, it has not implicated the panels negatively, and the reason why? is these panels are the best around, I've got say Sun Power panels are better than their competitors, they're more efficient, built stronger, the degradation is slower, also have better durability, I also must mention the "(25,25,25)." 25 years on service, product, and power. I want to inform you good folks, that customer service for me so far has been a great experience, of course I hope it continues, I have a wonderful sales rep her name is Katarina, she works with a great team of people, Adriana is also a gem to this service. I would say as long as you have wonderful installation team and contractor, like I have, it's a no brainer, to go with a Sun Power company, for your solar needs.

Jewell
November 14th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

My panels were installed in 2013 by a local Arizona installer for SunPower. I was told that they would monitor my system and as soon as something goes wrong, they would notify the local installer. My inverter went down on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 but they didn't notify me until the evening of Friday, August 11, 2017. They sent a work order to the local installer on Monday, August 14, 2017. First I was told 3-5 days for them to call and schedule an appointment. Then I was told they had 7-10 days. They didn’t come out until I started calling them the end of August. The installer said a new inverter needed to be installed. I called on September 6, 2017 to confirm that one had been ordered. I was assured it had been but was told it would take about 12 weeks. So on Thursday, November 9, 2017, I called to inquire about the status. When I started getting lies, I called SunPower Support. I was told no inverter had been ordered and the local installer was required to call their technical support while at my home looking at the inverter. I asked SunPower that I wanted a supervisor and to have this escalated. I didn’t get that. I was told I had to wait for the installer to schedule an appointment with me but they would make sure they are closely monitoring my ticket. As of Monday, November 13, 2017, I still have not heard from the local installer. SunPower’s after the purchase/lease customer service is not satisfactory. Nor is the customer service of their local installers.

Ray Stockdale
November 13th, 2017 Los Banos, CA DETAILS

I purchased my SunPower system over a year ago and have had no problems since the system installation. My electricity bill has been reduced to about $25.00 a month. Many of my neighbors with equal home size have twice the number of panels my system has. SunPower panels are very efficient and have a 25 year warranty. Easily one of the best systems out there.

Charles Horejs
November 13th, 2017 Morgan Hill, CA

I purchased my solar electrical system through POCO Solar and completed the entire system 4 years ago. At that time, PG&E limited size of the system, but that was increased by petition to PG&E. SunPower solar panels are technologically superior, and have a higher output per square foot than other companies I compared. My system has 21 panels, roof mounted, and a wall mounted inverter. My home is two story and includes a large pool and hot tub. The contract included a OUTPUT guaranty as well as the 25 year warranty - all through Sun Power and POCO Solar at no additional cost. The POCO Solar sales person wexplained everything in great detail and all payment options were presented. The installed system is continuously monitored by Sun Power and myself to guaranty performance and identify any problems. All system maintenance, if any, is handled by POCO Solar. My electric bill for the entire year is between -(minus) $ 20 to - minus $60. The entire contract was completed as scheduled and on time. I have had no system or equipment failures.

Jim Holloway
November 7th, 2017 Upland, CA DETAILS

I had an incredible experience with SunPower. They worked with me to figure out how many panels I needed and kept me informed on every step and completed each step as outlined and met with the inspector on each inspection. They got my work done from start to finish under a month. I love the 25 year warranty. This was an EXCELLENT experience from start to finish and great follow up on explaining my SCE bills and follow up to make sure I was getting everything I was expecting. This could not have been any better.

E. Burke
November 2nd, 2017 San Francisco, CA

I have had a SunPower Solar system for over 14 years and it is still going strong. We have never had any problems whatsoever. I strongly recommend this company.

scott peck
October 31st, 2017 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

BUYER BEWARE !! Worst customer service ever. If you have a problem they don't care, they just want your hard earned $. They spend a lot of time and money on fancy websites making false promises. Go with a local company and do your research. Look at the BBB reviews of SUN POWER. 86% are negative.

Gerry Hawkes
October 27th, 2017 Woodstock, VT

They appear to make the best solar panel with the best warranty. We have had them more than 2 months, and so far so good.

Susan Nowak
October 27th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Absolute worse decision I made was going with this company. I was led to believe that they would monitor things. When my system had been down for a bit, I called and asked about the monitoring and was told it was a "shared responsibility". Meaning, if the customer doesn't watch this everyday and the system goes down, the customer gets screwed. Customer service is terrible - absolutely no accountability and the communication is not much better.

kelly del
October 27th, 2017 Woodland Hills, CA

I am a leasee of a Sun Power lease and have been happy with them over the past one year of lease. I feel my product is excellent and an excellent warranty.. I have had only superior customer service and would highly recommend to anyone who wants a solar lease.

Billy Ng
October 24th, 2017 Santa Clara, CA

I install a 17 panel, 5.86 kW (DC), 5.13 kW (AC), system. We decided to go for SunPower because their system needs less panel, but produce more power than other vendors' systems. Last Aug/Sept, we have no guilt to turn on the AC 24/7 daily. I used to pay $300ish for my power bill. I am going to break even in 5 years.

Tim
October 24th, 2017 Riverside, CA

Worst company to deal with . Got my panels from Sunpro in Wildomar Ca. I explained that I needed enough power to operate 2 additional washers and dryers and a spa. I have to pay $800+ to Edison every end of the year. I was promised that I would probably pay 12-22 dollars at the end of the year. My system does not produce enough and I cant get Sunpower to help me anymore. They sent out 2 additional panels and the installer told me it would not make any difference because I needed at least 6 more to compensate for what I needed. I wish I could have them come get their stupid panels and go with a company that is honest. DO NOT GO WITH SUNPRO IN WILDOMAR CALIFORNIA. They are rude and lie to you.

Ian Wesly Vincik
October 23rd, 2017 Tacoma, WA

This is my second property that SunPower installed the solar system. No hidden thing, I am happy with the system production although I still have to pay a few $$ for electricity to PG & E. SunPower also provided a rebate refund $1000 for being a Triple A member. SunPower's contracted installer also applied the $2421 San Francisco City reward. I received both rebate funds.

Hal
October 23rd, 2017 Oakhurst, CA

Works well, looks good, less panels then the others.

Kelly Musgrave
October 23rd, 2017 Pittsburg, CA

Best solar panels and warranty! Very clean looking installation.

Henry Evans
October 16th, 2017 Cupertino, CA

It was great.. They paid ME about $1000 to install it [4 years ago,lease] -it produces 97% of our total household energy needs [inc hvac, hot water, stove, cars, etc] and saves us about $250/mo. No equipment failures after 4 years -it just silently does its job. Biggest no-brainer of my life.

Robert Wiener
October 9th, 2017 San Marcos, CA

Sunpower Co. installed my panels a few years ago. Installation was quick and informative. System has worked great and saved many dollars. Staff is friendly and efficient. Recommended this business to others and they are completely satisfied, recommend to anybody.

Sara Thornton
October 4th, 2017

Our 1st year anniversary just passed, very, please. The power calculations, and performance of the panels, provided 100% of our usage from August 2016 to July of 2017. Actually, we overproduced by 300 Kwh. (Which I don't recommend, having a system larger than usage, not cost-effective.) Installation went as planned, very professional. No Leaks, Northern Cal had a very wet 16/17 winter. We lost internet service for 1 day and was contacted by SunPower since they could not see the power generated. 25 year warranty Parts & Labor.

Susan Guire
October 2nd, 2017

I have had Sunpower solar panels for 5 years. They guarantee production for my panels. If production is less than the guarantee, no questions asked they provide a refund check for the difference. I have had great customer service for any issues both from the front office and the repair person.

allen penwright
September 25th, 2017 Valley Center, CA

had baker elec install system old bill was 850 950 month leased system during install they almost burned down house by putting ground into hot metrics's box roof leaked they had me sign release pulled panels new roof re grouped panels lots of problems very unhappy any good lawyers out there 77 old dumb guy would like to have them put it were the sun doesn't shine

Dave Gwynn
September 21st, 2017 Concord, CA

Sun Power installed my 12 panel 3.9 KW system 2 years ago. They designed the needed KW system perfectly and the net metering system has resulted in an electric cost of $10/month (the amount required to stay connected to the grid). I am saving $150/month which, as power costs increase, will recoup my total costs over 6 years at which time I will have free electric power. I like being my own power company!!

David Long
September 21st, 2017 Sacramento, CA

Worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Richard L Maudlin
September 12th, 2017 Henderson, NV

Research has indicated thatvSun Power Solar Panels are the best in the industry. Company who installed panels did a reasonably good job. However, before the end of the first year of service, had to call to get system down resolved. This occured 3 times over 4 month and replaced one inverter twice.. Finally had to completely rewire my panels and replace one inverter twice. Since then, have had flawless operation. Sun Power panels have provided 100% of my power for 4 years. Installer has went though Capter 11 and service has since degraded. Not happy with installers support since filing Chapter 11.

Lou Nihoul
September 11th, 2017 Hayward, CA

Sun Power installed the panels for our home - work was well done and on schedule. Had some minor technical issues that were quickly fixed - great monitoring system.

Previn T Marquez
September 11th, 2017 Littleton, CO

We have a SunPower system installed on our home. The terms, installation, performance and aesthetic of our system has been fantastic. Our system is the right size and the components installed are tidy and hidden as best as possible. We have had our system installed for 2 summers now and it has delivered flawlessly. Our system was installed by Photon Brothers and from sales person to installer and those on the phone have provided A+ service and have answered my questions promptly. Our thoughts on this installation and service are that if the system runs flawlessly, there will be no other interaction with either SunPower or Photon Bros., becasue all components are operating as intended. The monthly reports and online monitoring are pretty cool too.

THOMAS CAHILL
September 7th, 2017 Davis, CA

They did a detailed on site analysis and did not try to sell me more panels than my roof and the shading trees would allow.

Alice Giliberti
September 5th, 2017 Sparta, NJ

Working great. However, far more expensive than others I have heard about. 20 years is a long time to lease, especially for older homeowners. Does not offer to negotiate the lease to make it more affordable.

CL
September 5th, 2017 San Diego, CA

My system was installed in 2007, three years later the SunPower inverter was recalled and was replaced, then 7 yrs later that inverter quit working. The company contracted to service SunPower products evaluated the system and spent hrs on the phone with SunPower trouble shooting and finally concluded that the inverter needed to be replaced while it was still under warranty. However, a rep in The Philippines decided that it was not under the warranty. After 4 calls I reached the Phillipino's supervisor who argued that it had been more than 10 yrs since the system was installed. I reminder her that the 2nd inverter was still under the 10 yr warranty by three years. Being consistent with almost all other SunPower customer service online reviews her rudeness was startling disappointing, but consistent with the apparent SunPower employee mission statement: "Let's not be helpful." Then I called her supervisor 6 times with no response or message. Another phone call later I was placed on hold for 26 minutes while her supervisor was attempted to be reached. No success! No surprise there! Then a phone call from a rep in Austin, TX. Same poor customer service with an admitted unwillingness to stand behind the faulty products SunPower sells because "SunPower doesn't manufacture the inverters and the manufacturer won't honor the warranty." Even though SunPower sold the faulty product as part of their system they will not help the consumer that they sold the product to. In summary SunPower has a top to bottom customer service attitude of don't return phone calls to customers, DO NOT be helpful, and offer excuses that SunPower is not responsible for faulty products that SunPower promotes & sells because SunPower doesn't manufacture them. Avoid this company at all costs!!!!!

Steve Brumm
August 29th, 2017 Lodi, CA

Installed system on my home roof in Dec 2016. The system has worked as promised. The system is producing more energy than I use which is great. The online monitoring system is awesome. I like the USA made panels which have more watts per panel than the typical China made panels which means less panels on the roof. I would recommend the dealer I used. Lodi, CA.

JUSTIN BECHTEL
August 28th, 2017 Dixon, CA

I talk to this company about my bill and question about the contract no one knows answer or they dont speak english well . wHEN YOU DO TALK TO SOMEONE THAT SPEAKS ENGLISH THEY SAY ARE YOU STUPID DID U READY YOUR CONTRACT GO BACK TO SCHOOL. PLEASE NO ONE SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY I WISH I NEVER DID

p d allen
August 28th, 2017

I purchased my system, as it seemed to be the cheapest and most advantageous. I have 33 panels with an 11.8kwP potential output and based on the shade that comes from trees near me we get 10 with peak sun. Service has been excellent from installation to followup service with the monitoring platform. Best product we could find on the market, coupled with good service from installation to problem solving. Would recommend to anyone who needs or wants solar.

David Hutchison
August 22nd, 2017 Lancaster, CA

My system was installed and operating on June 30, 2017 as promissed. The installation was in conjunction with my house being re-roofed. The Energy Plus Solar installers contacted the roofing company and cordinated everything. The few hiccups with the city inspectors were all handled seemlessly and I was kept abreast of the progress. The Ron S. is my saleman and he has been awesome, great before and after the installation customer service, he handled everything for me. The electricity produced is higher than he told me it would be and we just got out first bill, $1.15. We paid for the system so I can't talk about financing or leasing. If I had to choose a product and installers again I would select Sunpower and Energy Plus Solar. I've been telling all my neighbors and my clients about my panels and my experience.

Scott Allen
August 18th, 2017 Santa Cruz, CA

Customer service and accounting is shopped out to people in the Phillipines...and they do not have the same business mentality as American employees...too "robot like"...extremely difficult for them to get accounting issues resolved...it took almost a year to remove an erroneous finance charge from our account....$2.82 that was not a valid charge stayed on our account for 10 months...and the way their system is setup everytime we ordered materials the shipment would always get put on credit hold...the fact that these outsourced accounting people were like robots and couldn't grasp the concept of making sure customers receive their orders in a timely manner...completely unprofessional...leave messages and noboby calls back...send emails that get ignored...just horrible customer service

Cyndi Ahlgrim
August 3rd, 2017 Sun City, CA

WE have had a great experience with SunPower!!! Pell is who they used for installation ...they did a fair job...broke more roof tiles then we would have liked but they reimbursed us for the damage. Customer service has been excellent anytime we have called our problem has been resolved pretty quick. Our monthly bill is what we were told no increases for anything else, and Edison only gets a couple bucks a month with our end of year bill under 300.00. all in all great experience..

Rob
August 1st, 2017 Lake Forest, CA

This is long but worth the read! Very good information to be informed about in this Review. Be very careful in dealing with SunPower. I have elderly parents that live in a retirement community and live on a very tight fix income. SunPower made a proposal to their community to install Solar Power for all Common Community Buildings. The community voted against the installation due to the fact that SunPower was the only company making a presentation and most of the retired elderly did not understand how Solar Power could save them money. SunPower then was able to talk to individual home owners after their presentation and make their pitch on how they could save them money on their home electricity bill. My parents took the bait and started talks with SunPower. SunPower was trying to sell them on a No Money Down Lease solution for 20year at $100 a month. Their average bill is just a little higher than $100 now. The cost of the Solar System to buy was about $21,000 and the lease over the 20 years would come to just over $26,000. They directed them against buying the system due to their limited budget. My father mentioned to them that all their assets were tied up in a Living Trust and that I was the Executor of the Living Trust. Lucky for them and myself SunPower got greedy and said I would have to sign the Lease also. My parent called me up and asked me to sign this lease as the Executor of the Trust. At the time of the call I was very busy at work with multiple projects to attend to and did not think much of what they were asking me to do. They sent me a secured linked document to sign electronically. As I was going through the document I notice that is stated me as the Co-Leaser and not the Executor Of the Living Trust. This immediately caused me to have big concerns over who my parents were dealing with. I told my parents I could not sign this lease and needed a couple of days to look in to Solar Power. As always I am a person who researches everything to make sure I am getting what I am paying for. I contacted two other Solar Companies and asked them a multitude of questions and to give me quotes. After talking to both and getting some numbers both said they don't do leases and recommend that no one should get a lease with solar. Both gave a rough estimate of about the same price for the Solar Systems as SunPower. But with further review neither could save my parents any money on their electrical bill due to they don't use enough and that they were getting a medical discount already on their utility bill. I then started having my parents ask questions to SunPower why I had to be on the lease, what was the purchase price of the Solar System, and do they have a loan program. SunPower then started dancing around the lease saying I did not have to sign it. They presented the Purchase price of $21,000 with the FED Tax credit of 1/3 the coast which brought the price of the unit to about $15,000 after the Tax Credits. They also gave us the terms on the loan but did not include the tax credit. The loan was also very strange that they mention that there were terms to the loan. I had to read the fine print to understand that you had to pay at least 1/3 of the system off in 18 months to keep the payments the same. If you did not pay 1/3 off your loan off interest and payments would go up. We immediately wrote them and cancel any further discussion with them. SunPower had the nerve to try and charge my parents $250 for coming out to their house and to put together a proposal. I replied to their email and told them I would sue them if they did not decease talking to my parents and trying to collect $250 for the so called services. They wrote back and stated they were doing everything in good faith and that my parents should pay them the $250 but in a round about way they would no try to collect. Since it was very vague I wrote back and confirmed that they would not be charging or talking to my parents again. They finally responded that they would not. Conclusion: SunPower Lease - $26,000 Product cost $21,000 1/3 Tax Credit would go to SunPower total cost of Solar $32,600. SunPower would make $15,000 on this type of deal. SunPower Loan - Product cost $21,000 1/3 Tax Credit was not mentioned interest range from 3.99 -4.99% and 1/3 of the had to be paid off in 18 months or loan would go up and interest could change. Very Unclear terms. Last this system would not have met my parents ultimate needs to be able to us more electricity like they would want to and keep their electric bill at $100 a month. SunPower works with Authorized Installers which could create big problems if the system does not do or work as they claim. The two separate companies could blame the other and you will be stuck in the middle. With a lease you can not include the Solar Upgrade to the Price of the house and the new owner will have to agree to the lease. If the new owners don't agree to the lease it can be remove AT A COST of the Lessee. Lastly SunPower could also put a lean on the house at the time of sale making it difficult to sell the house. Recommend: Horizon Solar Power was very helpful and I believe honest. Their company does not do leases, they will give you 100% guaranty if your numbers calculate out and they install their own products so there is not middle man. You Deal with One Company that is honest.

bill hupp
July 31st, 2017 Bakersfield, CA

after 4 years was told my system was not under warranty for the 20 years like d by installers and company. had a panel shatter on inside, would not cover.

Tom Creswell
July 31st, 2017 Bakersfield, CA

Service is excellent. They kept me informed as we covered each step on installation and permitting. Regarding financing, I got a 10-yr loan that was almost the same monthly payment as my former electric bill. Service since installation is great (2 yrs in service). They are watching the performance. The communications module had some problems, but they were on top of reporting it and fixing it. No complaints.

Jerzy Marcinkowski
July 26th, 2017 Santa Fe Springs, CA

2 inverter and 24 solar panel start on may 2016. One inverter with 12 solar panel stop working before Christmas 2016, already 7 months and still out of order ( Sun power have no service, for service by 3 party technician waiting 10 to 15 days. After each service solar working 2 to 3 days and again coming error ( not working). Already replaced inverter and still not working. Last error on this replaced inverter start June 22/2017, until now nothing done. Sun power not monitoring working units. Customer service is terrible. Supervisor Mabel is giving empty promises. July 25/2017 customer service call me to conform appointment of technician on August 10/2017 time 11:00am 2:00pm, so home owner need to be at home ( problem for working owners). This time will come Sun power technician, nice and waiting time only 50 days. I stop billing collection.

Jan Galkowski
July 24th, 2017 Dedham, MA

Our panels (see yourself at https://goo.gl/mYVzbf) were designed and installed by RevoluSun, an Elite SunPower dealer. These 29 X21-345 panels are a 10 kW system, and we've actually pinned generation up against the SolarEdge Inverter limit of 10.3 kW once or twice. (See https://goo.gl/nbrWNr.) RevoluSun was perfect. Our biggest problem was getting building and electrical approvals in Westwood, MA, a bunch of really conservative people. Amazingly, RevoluSun/SunPower were the only team that were willing to work with what we wanted. We have a moderate tree shading situation, and we are not going to cut trees. So the plan was to OVERBUILD, that is, put up more nameplate generation than we needed, because when we did get clear sky unshaded sun, we wanted to generate like crazy. Sungevity (now bankrupt) wouldn't even consider our home, even if we were going to own the panels. SolarCity wouldn't do the full 10 kW. SunEdison (also bankrupt) came closest to RevoluSun/SunPower, but was only willing to put up 8 kW. Two other suppliers were rejected for other reasons having to do with their process. First Light occurred on 31 December 2015. And we've never looked back. Meantime, RevoluSun has been a fabulous partner and I cannot speak too highly of these marvelous panels.

Ernesto Lozano
July 20th, 2017

I love the SUNPOWER X-22-360 solar panel. The panels are probably the best in the business, I`m very happy with them. The installation company that's where a problem may occur, like with me. Make sure you double and triple check and choose the right installation company.

Patrick Kinsey
July 13th, 2017 Fountain Valley, CA

Sun Solar serviced my solar panels, when I required work on my roof. They were on-time, efficient and quick to do their job. Highly recommend Sun Solar of Anaheim, CA.

Anthony Portillo
June 29th, 2017 California, CA

This company is SCREWING us. The solar panels were installed two years ago at my parents' house. After the first year they received a bill from Edison for over $1,000 for electricity usage. This prompted SunPower to come back to the house and install an additional 14 solar panels. Year two just passed in April of 2017 and they received another Edison bill of $1,200. (Electricity usage has remained relatively constant over the last three years. We've actually been consuming less electricity in the last few months due to the purchase of energy efficient appliances and lights and are still paying more than before we had solar panels.) I finally got involved in February 2017 as they kept brushing my parents off. After my own analysis I realized they tricked my parents into a signing a contract that stated they paid on average of $284.20. THIS IS FALSE. The average bill pre-solar was $160 in the summer and $173 in the winter. No one in their right mind would knowingly agree to pay $153 for a solar lease that only covers 50.4% of electrical consumption when the average bill was ~$166. Page 1 states that the estimated savings from Edison would be $175. How is that the savings if they never paid that much in the past? Now my parents are paying on average $100 more per month with solar panels and they are refusing to offer a fix. To make matters worse we just had a third party engineer come by to confirm if the solar panels were producing enough energy and it turns out the additional 14 were never connected (still aren't and they have been on the roof for over a year) and their installation caused leaks in our roof that has been creating water damage in our attic for the last year. Still fighting this and currently looking into legal counsel to get these panels removed from our house.

Stuart Travis
June 23rd, 2017

The most intelligent and courteous personnel.