Founded in 1992, SunPower is a solar company that prides itself on delivering reliable energy and long-term peace of mind for homeowners and businesses. The company is a pioneer in the industry and currently holds more than 750 patents for solar technology.

Known for manufacturing top quality, high efficiency solar panels that generate more power than conventional solar technologies and have a uniquely attractive, all-black appearance for itself and many other players in the industry, SunPower offers a few different options to help both residential and commercial consumers get started with renewable energy, but outsources most, if not all, of its projects to third-party solar installers.

Keep reading to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about SunPower, and check out SunPower reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available
  • High Efficiency Panels
  • Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production
  • Attractive Appearance
  • Compatible With Battery Storage
  • Online Monitoring
  • Lengthy Warranties

Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available

SunPower offers three different payment options for customers to choose from: solar leasing, purchasing with cash, and financing with a loan.

With the lease option, SunPower Capital owns the system and the customer rents the system from the company, requiring monthly payments. The lease comes with a 20-year performance guarantee, as well as easy options in case the customer needs to transfer the lease.

SunPower also offers outright purchase and financing options for customers interested in the tax credits and other incentives that come along with solar power ownership. Loan terms for solar systems typically range from 5 to 20 years and do not have any prepayment penalties attached.

The cost of a SunPower solar system ultimately depends on several factors, including current energy usage, available amount of unshaded roof space, the local utility’s net metering policy, and other factors. The easiest way to figure out exactly how much solar will cost you is to obtain a free quote from SunPower.

High Efficiency Panels

SunPower is on the cutting edge of solar technology and excels when it comes to innovation, design, and production of solar equipment, so customers can be confident that they will have high quality products on their homes.

In fact, SunPower makes the highest efficiency solar panels you can buy for your roof in today's market, and the company's solar cells are made of anti-reflective glass and coated with anti-reflective coating to ensure that they capture as much sunlight as possible.

Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production

SunPower's X-Series solar panels excel in terms of power generation and deliver 44 percent more energy per watt than competitive products. This means that SunPower can provide more clean power for its customers' homes with fewer solar panels.

SunPower panels also boast 75 percent more energy per watt than conventional solar panels, meaning that an investment in a SunPower system will ultimately pay off more in the long run.

Additonally, SunPower panels maintain their energy production much better than conventional panels in partly-shaded conditions, making them a better rooftop solar option for customers who live in a cloudy region or a relatively shaded area.

Attractive Appearance

In addition to being highly efficient, SunPower's panels are uniquely attractive and aesthetically pleasing. While many other companies in the solar industry offer traditional blue photovoltaic panels, SunPower's panels are all black, which helps them to blend in better with the rooftop on many houses.

Compatible With Battery Storage

SunPower's panels are compatible with the Freedom CPAP Battery produced by Battery Power Solutions. When a SunPower module is installed along with this battery, customers will still have access to electricity in the event of a power outage.

Online Monitoring

Online monitoring is extremely important for customers who want to see what the panels on their roof are producing and ensure that everything is up to par.

SunPower offers a helpful, convenient app for customers to do just that. The app provides important system information such as power output, savings, energy usage over time, and environmental effects.

There is also a consumption monitoring kit that provides more information than the app for customers who would like a more in-depth way to monitor their system. The consumption monitoring kit is installed by the dealer, but may not be compatible with all homes.

Lengthy Warranties

SunPower offers multiple warranties to protect its customers' solar energy systems, including a 25-year product warranty, which covers the equipment itself, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation. The clean energy company also offers a 25-year performance warranty, which covers the customer in the event that their solar modules underperform in terms of electricity production and output.

The Bad

• No PPAs for Non-Commerical Buyers
  • Few In-House Installations
  • Customer Service Complaints

No PPAs for Non-Commercial Buyers

Many customers may be interested in obtaining a SunPower module through a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) because this payment method typically includes some kind of $0 down option, which eliminates a barrier to entry for them to go solar.

Unfortunately, SunPower only offers PPAs to commercial customers, so consumers who are interested in a PPA for their home solar system will not have much luck with this company.

Few In-House Installations

SunPower is performing installations itself in select areas of California; however, SunPower panels are available in the following 18 states through a network of dealers:

• Arizona
  • Oregon
  • Rhode Island
  • Texas
  • Utah

The dealer you choose will end up being your installer and customer care center for the life of the solar PV panels, which creates a bit of confusion as to who should be contacted (the dealer or SunPower) in the event that any issues occur.

Customer Service Complaints

Many users on our site have provided negative feedback in regards to SunPower's customer service.

Common complaints include difficulty to reach a representative, company failure to return phone calls, slow response time, and inability to resolve issues.

The Bottom Line

SunPower offers a number of payment options, some of the most efficient solar panels in the industry, online monitoring for its customers, and a lengthy workmanship and product warranty.

However, the company does not offer PPAs to residential customers and outsources most of its installations, making it confusing for customers to know who to contact if there is an issue.

3.7

Greg L.
May 31st, 2019 Pleasanton, CA DETAILS

Overall experience exceeded expectations, from sales discussions through installation. All of the SunPower reps were professional, responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable. The installation was quick and clean - less than a day including city inspection.

Thank you Greg!

Michele
May 29th, 2019 Del Mar, CA DETAILS

NOTE THE ADDENDUM at the bottom of this review. First Review: After I completed an on-line form, I was pleased that a Sun Power representative called me within a few minutes. After verifying my address, he asked if we had trees over our roof. I told him that we had some, but that the west-facing roof is clear of trees, as is part of the east-facing roof. He told me that an image he was looking at on-line showed that the roof has too much tree-shade for us to be eligible for solar power. I asked what the source was of his image, and he didn't specify. I explained that we have less tree-shade that we used to have, and that the west-facing roof is fully clear. He persisted in saying the house is not a candidate for solar panels. Despite my suggesting that the image he was looking at on-line is outdated and that we have shade-free roofing, he repeated his claim. I explained again that I believed he was basing his evaluation on inaccurate information, and that by not offering to evaluate the house in person, he'd just lost a potential customer. May 28: ADDENDUM to the above review: I was contacted by SunPower and have now been offered an explanation about their services. If only the person I'd initially talked with had fully explained this, I wouldn't have gotten so frustrated. Based on the new information, I've changed my rating of the company. Having not yet taken full advantage of their services, I can't give a complete review.

May 24, 2019

Hello Michele, I'm sorry to hear your expectations have not been met. Our Sales team has specific process in place to determine if the customers' project is one we can completed or if we need to hand off to a local dealer . According to our records, we believe a local dealer would be the best option to help with your solar needs. If you would like that information, please send me a private message. I will provided you with the dealers' contact information. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Ed Dempsey
May 29th, 2019 Woodstock, CT DETAILS

As far as the initial interface with the sales rep and then with the installation of the system, all went extremely well; I was very satisfied. The aftermath of interactions with Sunpower has been a bumpy road: failed transmission of data from panels to computer, unhelpful interface with someone from the billing office, a bill for $1500.00 instead of one for $150.00, an incomplete monthly report on generation and use of KWHs. I can only hope that things will improve. My go-to person throughout, Roger M, has been reliably helpful and understanding.

Jul 10, 2019

Sorry to hear about the challenges, Ed. Hopefully we can get everything resolved to your satisfaction.

Frank Kozyra
May 29th, 2019 Newington, CT

From the time I let Jason into our house to turning on the system it has been a very professional and seamless transition. Excellent workmanship, neat and clean. The whole crew couldn’t have been better. All my questions were answered quickly and honestly. Totally awesome experience!

Jul 10, 2019

Congrats on your new solar system!

Laurel Vawter
May 28th, 2019 Oceanside, CA

Provided useful information and answered questions in timely manner. Friendly and helpful.

Thanks, Laurel!

Manuel
May 28th, 2019 Moreno Valley, CA DETAILS

Great customer service by Michael J. Explained everything I needed to know with patience and professionalism.

Thanks, Manuel!

James Nishimoto
May 28th, 2019 Trabuco Canyon, CA DETAILS

From start to finish! Impressed with the follow through at every level. From our initial consultation, inspections and installation process to the permits and administrative procedures. Every individual from SunPower went way above, and beyond any and all our expectations, and really delivered top rate customer service and experiences. Couldn’t have had a better experience with any major improvement to our home and appreciate everything that SunPower has, and will continue to provide my family- Thanks again- James NishiMoto

Jul 10, 2019

Thanks for choosing SunPower, James!

Tom P
May 24th, 2019 Lincoln, CA

The solar activation team ( Elizabeth C-scheduling...Bruce G- technician) were professional, timely, well informed. Specifically, Elizabeth helped me reschedule my time at the last minute. Bruce did my activation effectively and efficiently I n a timely manner. He also answered all my questions in a courteous ,friendly and professional.

Jul 10, 2019

Congrats on going solar, Tom!

Sab
May 24th, 2019 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

I wish I never dealt with Sunpower. Their dealer went out of business, and never filed my tax paper work. The Sunpower rep told me to seek advice from a tax preparer. So all the tax credits I was promised when signing my contract never happened.

May 24, 2019

Hello , We apologized for any frustration you’ve experienced. We'd really like to look into this further. Please sent me a private message with your contact information and i will have Executive Support Specialist reach out to you to discuss your concerns in detail, and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Yvonne McCallum
May 24th, 2019 Rancho Mirage, CA DETAILS

After purchasing our 50 - 327 w panels in November of 2014 for a whopping $85,838 - our installation was completed and inspected April 2, 2015. First issues with system began January 2016 when the larger inverter (we have two) needed repair and a reset to operate. March 2016 had meeting with SunPower and installation company to determine why in sunny 80+ daily weather our production was so low. SunPower determined it was a palm tree causing the low production. June 2018 production dropped 400+kWh in comparision to June 2017 and production remained low through February 2019 which was 50% of production that same month year-to-date. During the low production period, a STATE 240 code appeared on the larger converter which ultimately required replacement of both ARC cards in the converters. I was informed by the technician that if this did not fix the issue the converters should be replaced. Currently, I have had a STATE 240 code on my smaller converter since the beginning of May 2019. Although a number of emails have been sent to SunPower to remedy this issue completely - I am still waiting to hear from SunPower Support as to a date for the installation of two new converters. Meanwhile production is extremely low. Today's generation is 24.8 kWh with a temperature at 74. Next step will be legal as this homeowner has never received the production as promised. November 2018 We are snowbirds and spend our winters in Rancho Mirage, California and usually depart around May

May 24, 2019

Hello Yvonne, We apologized for any frustration you’ve experienced. According to our records, an Executive Service Specialist has been in contact with you and you have a scheduled appointment in the near future. This appointment will determine the best course of action. SunPower is committed to resolving the issue long term. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Kimberly Harris
May 22nd, 2019 Santa Clarita, CA

Very high pressure post sale. I mean it’s forced upon you at the sale of your home and then they call you every 24 hrs post closing. Way to much

Jul 10, 2019

So sorry you had a negative experience, Kimberly. Please feel free to email me if there's anything I can help you with: [email protected]

Shelly Nelson
May 17th, 2019 Battle Ground, WA

Sun Power never called me back to follow up.

May 17, 2019

Hello Ms. Shelly Nelson, We're sorry to hear that your expectations are not being met. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your contact details. I will have an Executive Support Specialist reach out to you, to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback. Thank you.

Clint McLoughry
May 14th, 2019 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

My parents leased this equipment and passed away recently. Being the executor of the estate I was under no obligation to continue paying on the lease but chose to keep SunPower in good standing. I had a buyer who wanted to purchase the home but was denied credit approval through SunPower to take over the lease. Now my home is up for sale again and the person interested in buying is now looking. Thank you, SunPower you really helped a lot of people here. I would not recommend this company to anyone. BEWARE, BUYERS!!!!

May 14, 2019

Hello Mr. McLoughry, I would like to extend our condolence for your loss. Secondly, we are sorry the problems you have encountered. Our Home Sale process offers the Heir(s) or Executor options for these circumstances. It appears the lease transfer option was not a good fit for this buyer but there is a lease buyout option as well. You can reach out to [email protected] or call 800.786.7693 for additional information. You can also send me a PM if you have further questions as well. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Kim S
May 14th, 2019 Clovis, CA

Just getting started in the process but so far has gone easily and the people are great, especially Mark. He met with us twice at our home before we signed up. He is knowledgeable and professional. Everything is going quickly and their contact and follow up has been very good so far. Can't wait to have it installed.

May 15, 2019

Thank you for choosing SunPower, Kim, and please let us know how everything goes once your system goes live.

Liza
May 9th, 2019 Fallbrook, CA

We just got our solar from Sun Power. I believe the manager or owners name is Jesse. My agents names is Lawrence G. I must say that it was a pleasure working with them. At first I thought I was going to have a problem but they went out of their way to explain, fix and fast. I believe we sign the contract sometime towards the end of March and now are solar is installed and running today May 6,2019. We are very pleased with all the wonderful people in the office and guys that worked to put the solar together all the way to the last guy that programed it today. I also would like to say that the men, I believe his name is Robert saw me last week having problems breathing and was so concerned that he made sure I was ok before he left. He even called his office and Dennese from their office called to also make sure I was ok. Wow I will do business with them again!!! I highly recommend Sun Power (951-678-7733).

May 15, 2019

Thank you for choosing SunPower Liza. We hope you're feeling better and enjoying your clean solar energy.

Frank
May 6th, 2019 Miami, FL

Was told my gross income was too low.NO OTHER WAYS TO GET SOLAR WAS EVEN TALKED ABOUT.I will try another company.

May 07, 2019

Hello Frank, I'm sorry to hear that you did not qualify for our loan program. At this time, we do not offer any other types financing in the state of Florida. Additionally, you should have also received a letter via email, with the details as to how the final decisions were made. We really appreciate your business and value your feedback. Thank you,

Diane Florini
May 2nd, 2019 Ithaca, NY

We love our Sunpower panels. They were installed by Halco in upstate NY and perform great. We sweep the snow off when necessary, but have had no problems with them.

May 16, 2019

Thanks, Diane! I'm sure you're looking forward to sunnier weather and making logs of clean solar energy.

RONALD H MEASE
April 23rd, 2019 Lake Worth, FL DETAILS

I actually contacted an installer, Vinyasun, in my area to install panels, & they recommended & installed SunPower panels. Permitting takes a while here, but once obtained they installed w/in the next days & in a matter of hours. All workers were polite & cleaned up well. I liked the panels & am having them installed on a house in Texas, too. They look really good & produce really well.

Thank you, Ronald!

Jim Fagelson
April 22nd, 2019 Palm Springs, CA DETAILS

Let me start by saying that the panels are excellent, but their customer service is horrible. I had SunPower put panels on my house in 2014. The first year everything was fine, even though I had to pay over $600 additional (over the monthly rental fee to SunPower) to the Electric company (Southern California Edison) due to low production. Since it was just above the minimum stated in the contract, SunPower was not responsible for this under-production. The second year we started having issues with the inverters that convert the sun's energy to electricity. After numerous calls over multiple months, the inverter was replaced. The replacement lasted less than one month, so again multiple calls with no results. Finally a service person came out who complained about the "cheap" replacement inverter and then proceeded to rewire the entire system. System worked properly for less than a month when again problem started. Calling customer service I was told in stead of calling all the time that I should just "reboot" the system to get it working again. Every two or three days I had to reboot the system and then it would go down again, each time showing electrical shorts in the system. Then end of the second year, I had to pay Edison over $1,000 due to under-production. Did not receive the promised payment for under-production because, according to customer service, "my system wasn't working properly and they couldn't determine the amount of under-production". Finally, out of frustration with Sun Power, I stopped the monthly payments. It took them 6 months of no payments before they acknowledged that the system wasn't working properly. They came out and replaced all the panels, checked the inverters and determined that there were wiring issues that they corrected. I told them that I would not start paying the monthly fee again until 3 things happened: 1. The system was functioning without issues for a minimum of 30 days; 2. All missed monthly payments were forgiven; 3. That they pay for the under-production from 2016 that was still outstanding. I also wanted a review of the original panel design since from the beginning the production did not meet the original intent of the contract. My payment to the electric company for 2018 was over $1,800 because the system did not function properly during the entire year. I am still waiting for reimbursement for 2018 under-production. All issues stem from poor customer service, poor system maintenance and a general lack of anyone taking responsibility for problems with the system. As stated, the panel as excellent, just be aware of the rest of the company. Still waiting for my refund for 2018 and now they are billing me $15 a month because they try to take my monthly rental payment out of an account that has a stop payment on it.

Apr 23, 2019

Hello Mr. Fagelson, I apologize for the experience you've had with us. I am discouraged to hear of your negative experience. Providing excellent customer service is our main goal. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Steve
April 17th, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

I’ve had a system since 8/15. The first year no true up bill. Year two 360$. True up bill. Year 3 $450 true up bill . Year 4 $1098 true up bill. This year on track for a$1200 tru up bill. This is not whaT I was told or promised. They will sell you a pot of gold ,don’t believe it, I have contacted, Them but a month gone by and nothing. They talk and talk but do nothing. They checked the system and say it’s working fine. No it’s not I can tell by the graphs! Here’s what I’m going to do, I’m going to have it taken off!

Apr 18, 2019

Hello Steve, I'd like to thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear that your expectations have not been met. I would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in SunPower. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your contact details. I will have an Executive Support Specialist reach out to you to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. I look forward to hearing from you.

William Gray
April 15th, 2019 Lincoln, CA

My complaint seems to be a common thread mentioned often in the reviews. My disappointment started when I purchased a house with 24 SunPower solar panels. I called SunPower and spoke with a representative, his name available upon request, and inquired as to how I could obtain on line monitoring to allow me to keep track of the solar panels and monitor their electricity production. I was instructed to send a copy of my Grant Deed, showing true ownership of the residence in question before the process could begin. I followed his request and an appointment was set to have a device installed in my residence to allow SunPower access to monitor my panels. The tech installing this device advised that I would be sent an email with a "password" that would allow me to enter into their internet app and monitor my system. His installation took place on April 2nd, 2019. Not having received any email with a password included or a telephone call by April 9th, 2019 I telephonically contacted the representative I had first contact with. I made no human contact but received a voice mail message. I identified myself and of the reason for the call and asked that he please get back to me with a password or at the least instructions if there were more I needed to do. I did not receiving a return call or email stating here is your password, or I'm busy I will get back to you, or any acknowledgement that I existed and was a customer using their solar system. On April 11th, 2019 I sent an email to the email address provide to me by the representative I first had contact with. This email was a plea for his response and his help. As of todays date April 14, 2019 I still have not had any contact with SunPower and its beginning to appear I am of no concern or interest to Sun Power. The solar panels are paid for and it appears they have no real reason to get back to me or offer CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THIS POINT .

Apr 16, 2019

Hello Mr. William Gray. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. I am discouraged to hear of your negative experience. Please send me a private message with your contact information for further assistance. I will have an Executive Support Specialist reach out to you to discuss your concerns in details. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Paul Devoy
April 8th, 2019 Washington, NJ DETAILS

I am surprised at the negative comments on this site. I have a SunPower 8.775Kw 'signature black' system that was installed Oct 2010. So it's been operating now for about 8.5 years. Not 1 issue. No maintenance needed, it just works. And does it ever work! The system has generated 88Mwh - which is an average of 10Mwh per year. That means my system consistently produces 120% over the rated value. I live in NJ so snow can adversely affect production, but I have a perfect SW clear exposure. We chose SunPower because the panels are on the front of the house. They look great, and the array almost covers the entire roof looking like a sleek jet black sunroof. Many people compliment the look, most don't even realize we have solar until I point it out. The real proof is this: my system has already paid for itself in cost savings of the monthly electric, SREC revenue and just yesterday we sold our home and realized at least $20K more than our neighbors becasue we have solar. We had a parade of very interested buyers wanting this house because of the SunPower system. This home won th SunPower Intelegant Award for residential in 2011 - which really helped our marketing. I am 100% sold on solar as a lifestyle and will install another SunPower system on the new home we are building in NC now. Keep in mind most people like me - 100% satisfied - don't take the time to write reviews. It's typically peole with an axe to grind. I think the SunPower products are great. SunPower might not be perfect, but they have been perfect for me as a real life long time customer. No hesitation to invest again using the same company.

Thank you Paul!

Judy
April 1st, 2019 Chiloquin, OR

You sent a e-mail saying you would get back to me, b ut I have never heard from your company again.

Apr 01, 2019

Hi Judy, I apologize for the experience you've had with us. I would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in SunPower. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your contact details. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback

Zainab Aderounmu
March 29th, 2019 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

My experience with sunpower capital plc is very negative. We sincerely regret having solar. I've had the solar system for two years and our roof started leaking about 3 months ago. The customer representatives are inexperienced, rude, and very unprofessional. They claimed the roof leakage is not related to the solar panels, but they sent an inspector who reported that panels should not have been placed on the weak roof. Please verify before you install solar, so you don't have headaches like us. We want to discontinue this solar so badly, but they claimed it's impossible due to the contract. May God have Mercy.

Apr 01, 2019

Hello Zainab Aderounmu. I am discouraged to hear of your negative experience. We'd really like to look into this further. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback. Thank you!

Michael Allard
March 28th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Everything was fine until I was forced to switch cable and internet carriers. I was able to locate where I needed to enter my new SSID and Password. Would nevr take it over a two day period. I called the 1-800 number and spoke to a service rep. She informs me that theres a $77.00 charge to enter my Network name and Password. I immedialy told her NO. I had already spent over $38,000 a year and a half ago and no they want more money. Watch your six if buying anything.

Mar 28, 2019

Hello Michael, Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. I am discouraged to hear of your negative experience. We will be sending you a private message so that we may address your concerns. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback!

Jason costa
March 27th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Well first off I would like to say the employees at sun power are the best everybody there is extremely helpful and knowledgeable the sales consultant that I worked with Rob G was just awesome I actually still stay in contact with him when I was in the market for Solar panels I got bids from several companies I decided to go with sun power because they seem to be the most sincere and honest and trustworthy people that really wanted to Find The right solution to my energy needs instead of just trying to sell me a product everybody else wanted to sell me a system with things I did not need or want but Rob G wanted to help me find a system that would benefit me over just trying to sell me something that I did not need i’ve had my system for just shy of a year this will be my first summer going into it with the Solar panels but I can already tell they are going to help lower my electrical cost and the price was a lot more reasonable than some of the other companies that I called to inquire about it because they did not try to sell me stuff I do not need or want but help me find a system that would suit my needs I wound up getting a 10 panel system that has room for expansion they kept me informed on every aspect of the job it was very little effort on my part they took care of everything all I had to do was approve the plans for the design which are very low impact solar panels instead of those clumpy ones that you see on a lot of Roofs The only thing I had to get used to was peak time from my electricity company but so far I love the job that they are doing and I’m Leavin a lot more comfortable without worrying about a huge Electric bill

Apr 02, 2019

Thank you for sharing your going solar story, Jason, and we're glad to hear that you had a great experience with us.

Darin Peterson
March 22nd, 2019 Dinuba, CA DETAILS

I wrote a bad review a few months ago regarding customer service and how my system was not fixed even after 9 months. After 10 months my system finally is fixed. The next question was how they were going to compensate me for all of the power I lost. To make a long story short, their calculation of the amount of power I lost was basically the same as what I calculated. Then, they went ahead and paid per kWh as close as possible to what I had to pay. So in the end, I felt like they paid my losses in their entirety. I was pleasantly surprised. In terms of honoring their guarantee/warranty I will have to give them 5 stars. The final customer service person I worked with was also great. They did everything right in the end. I just hope the next time I have to deal with them they can do things right from the beginning in a timely manner.

Jan 16, 2019

Hello Darin, I have escalated your case to our executive escalation department. Please expect a call from an escalation specialist to address your concerns within 24 hours.

Robert Jensen
March 22nd, 2019 Stockton, CA DETAILS

This is my second home with SunPower Panels. The panels themselves are working well. This system has micro inverters which have given me trouble. The first year the Inverters started failing one by one. Finally they replaced the Inverters on each pane. Now about a year later it's happening again. Though the communications is good the service takes a lot of time. So far one month after the first call I finally saw the service techs. They were unable to repair and the person they were talking to on the phone said they will monitor the system and send someone back in April! Why they already know that at least two inverters are not working! RHJ Stockton, CA

Mar 22, 2019

Hi Robert, We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue, and we will work diligently to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Bill F
March 20th, 2019 Madison, NJ DETAILS

I am VERY satisfied with my solar installation and the SunPower panels. Frank C, the owner of Green House Solar has been responsive and informative. I interviewed other companies before choosing GHS because of the local ownership of the installer, and the warrenty of the SunPower panels. It doesn't take a crystal ball to see where the world is going. I'm glad I'm there!

Mar 22, 2019

Thanks, Bill! Glad to hear our 25-year warranty helped you feel 100 percent confident in your decision to go solar with GHS.

Anthony
March 8th, 2019 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

I was not told by the salesperson that for safety reasons snow guards must be installed. At the first snow storm before my system was even turned on the snow fell like an avalanche from my roof damaging my awning. Thank goodness my grandchildren were not outside. I have a four year old autistic grandson who lives with me who does not understand danger The weight of the falling snow could have killed him Now I find out that I must pay almost $2000 to put snow guards on my roof so my home is not a danger zone So that plus the cost to repair my awning erases any tax benfit I was to have received. I certainly will not recommend sunpower to anyone

Mar 08, 2019

Hello Anthony, I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Please send me a private message with your contact/account information so i can locate your account. Once you have provided your contact information i will have a specialist reach out to you directly to address your concerns.

Carmie
March 6th, 2019 Sun City, AZ DETAILS

We started our relationship with Sun Power almost 1 year ago. Many promises where made and not fulfilled. How long it would it take to get installed,money we would save, bills from electric company customer service, etc. we have been told by the installers it isn’t working told faulty parts asked for a supervisor to call never happened. Today I will make another call and ask them to remove it. We are seniors , my husband is 100 % disability we can’t deal with all this stress. We will take whatever steps we need to end our relationship with Sun Power. I see a lot of others have similar problems this pass year. Something changed!

Mar 06, 2019

Hello Carmie, I would like to apologize for the system issues you are receiving. I would like to have your case escalated as soon as possible. Please send me a private message with your contact information and I will have a specialist contact you within 24 hours.

Vinod
March 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good experience and product quality

Thanks, Vinod!

Josh
February 28th, 2019 Grand Terrace, CA DETAILS

We got SunPower 6 years ago due to the apparent reliability of the company and panels. However, things started to be problematic almost instantly. The panels were on our roof for months before being turned on because the vendor did not complete paperwork properly for approval to activate them. Once activated, SunPower did not bill correctly, forgetting to send a bill for months and then asking for a multi-month lump sum. Then, our panels regularly underproduced and failed to get even close to what was promised. After long conversations where both the installer and SunPower ignored calls/emails, the installer finally admitted that the sales person lied about production and our situation. Our system performance connection kept dropping out. SunPower kept blaming us until they finally came out and realized that their device sending data was faulty and needed to replace it. We have had sound problems from the inverter, and when I've contacted SunPower through various methods (chat, phone, email), I have to follow up several times to get technical support to actually respond and schedule a visit (they also take no responsibility for the problems). Emailed questions normally go unanswered even though they say that is the preferred way of contacting customer support. I have sent 4 emails in the past 6 weeks and did not receive a single response. Currently, I have been trying to get a resolution about the Production Guarantee, and SunPower is taking no responsibility for ignoring that this reimbursement is to be done in cash. I am unable to get a response, and resolution is still pending. Customer service is polite, but not empowered to do anything except say no to the customer.

Feb 28, 2019

Josh, We're very sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with us, and we'd love the opportunity to make it right. Please email your contact information to me, [email protected], and we'll get a supervisor to assist you.

kags
February 27th, 2019 Granada Hills, CA DETAILS

I would love to speak to a manager, customer representative from the United States. When the salesman who stood in my kitchen told me that Sunpower was a US home based company and local to me (Pasadena CA) I was excited. But now that I have had to contact SP for multiple issues I continuously receive customer service reps from India. Then if you would like to speak to a US rep they have to create a ticket which takes 24 - 48 hours to receive a call back. That's if your lucky to get a call back within that time frame. Its been 5 days and I have yet to receive a call from a US rep. Also I have roof tiles broken from the installation of the solar panels on my roof and have yet to have any one contact me regarding this issue.

Feb 28, 2019

Hello Kags - I am sorry to hear that it has been 5 days and you have not received a call back. Please send me a direct message with your contact/account information and I will have a specialist reach out to you directly.

Jay Levine
February 26th, 2019 Bayville, NJ DETAILS

My experience with SunPower has been a nightmare from the very beginning!! Worst decision ever, when the salesman was standing in my kitchen I expressed how important it was that I get system big enough to handle my consumption. My wife and I did not want 2 electric bills. We had nit yet moved into our new home and I suggested we wait until we had a years worth of bills so we could get the right size system. Our salesman Steve R, swore up and down that they would design a system that would cover all of our consumption. Not even close!! I have had a JCP&L bill in 5 of the last 12 months. I was told the install would take 2 days it took over 2 weeks! The monitoring system they promised is an absolute joke, it has not worked since day one! I have to rely soley on their word to know how many killowatts my system has produced. The latest debacle is my roof has sprung a leak, they sent a company they have on retainer to investigate. The crew determined that there was a leak because the bolts used to secure the system to the roof didn’t have the proper amount of sealant. They assured me they fixed the problem. During our last rain storm I can hear water drip, drip, dripping inside my bedroom wall. When I brought this to their attention they told me because there is no evidence of damage in my house they are not willing to do anything. They want my Sheetrock to decintegrate before they will do anything. The report by the repair crew clearly states the issue was caused by the solar installation, but they want me to hire my own roofer. They even tried to tell me the report had a “typo” where the report stated that the leak was caused by the solar installation. I can’t stress enough how horrible my experience has been with SunPower. Stay away!!!!

Feb 28, 2019

We're sorry to hear this Josh. I have alerted the customer service supervisor team about these issues, and you should be hearing from someone soon.

dino
February 22nd, 2019 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

I did not know that when I wanted to install sollar to may house that sunpower inverter and solar panel was goin to be installed stay away from sunpower they have the worst customer service in the industry my solar not producing electricity from time to time has an error message in the inverter I found out the inverter is on a recall status right now they don't know when is going to be replaced I told them that I want out of the lease they wont let me out of the lease I told them that they are in breach of contract that I will take them to court this company wants to take your money and does not give the service according to the contract

Feb 25, 2019

Hello Dino I would love the opportunity to address your concerns. Please send me a private message with your contact information and i will have your case escalated to a specialist and you will be contacted within 24-48 hours.

APelaez
February 20th, 2019 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

SunPower was a bad decision. Installing solar panels was the worst decision (at least one of them). My system was installed by an installer company called Green Street whom are no longer in business. According to their goodbye letter, SunPower was to support my system going forward. When my system went down all Sunpower did was refer me to other installers who told me "We do no service systems we do not install" . Finally, after nearly a month of calling installers and calling Sunpower they connected me to an installer that will be happy to come inspect my system for a $200 charge. SunPower's 25 year warranty is a joke. So far my system has not saved me the $32,000 it cost to install. I would have been better off paying my regular light bill. My advice to anyone is don't go through the hassle getting panels installed.

Feb 20, 2019

Hello APelaez, SunPower proudly stands behind its warranty. Your SunPower warranty will cover any labor cost associated with our product as long as the problem is determined to be product-related. Since there is always a possibility that the problem is non-product related (i.e. installer workmanship), the possibility of a diagnostic charge exists. However, if during the site visit it is determined to be warranty related there would be no out of pocket expense. I have escalated your case and i will have a specialist call you within 24 hours to address your concerns.

W. E. Owens
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

SunPower lived up to their promises. In fact for about a year, my electric bill was fees only.

Feb 20, 2019

Thanks for choosing SunPower, W.E.!

SunPower installed by Freedom Solar
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Believe we got superior Solar panels from SunPower that looks good, performs outstanding, and awesome monitoring app. The only "ding" is the high cost of panels, but I figured I'm in this for the long term and felt we will reap higher reward when it gets to 15, 20, 25 years old.

Feb 20, 2019

Congrats on going solar, Corey!

Corey
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Every part of the process was simple and extremely thoughrough. They made sure we were aware of every step along the way.

Feb 20, 2019

Congrats on going solar, Corey!

Excellent
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Because of the excellent service and how great everything is.

Thank you!

Iyer
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

I am pleased with the performsnce. The salesperson explained the process well and all staff involved were very good to deal with.

Feb 20, 2019

Thank you for choosing SunPower, Iyer.

M Schwartz
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Great communication did job on time and product performing as described

Mar 01, 2019

Thank you for choosing SunPower!

Steve from Weston Connecticut
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Industry leading technology, efficiency, and warranty. Beautifully designed panels. Excellent install crew.

Mar 01, 2019

Thanks, Steve! Glad you appreciate our attractive panels :)

Denise and Rob Ciccarelli
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

The installers were friendly, informative and clean! Great group of guys!

Mar 01, 2019

Thank you Denise and Rob for choosing SunPower.

Ryan Cayabyab
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Exceptional customer service! Delivered a quality installation on schedule!

Thanks Ron!

Peter Kallinger
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Works as advertised with excellent quality panels and accessories.

Thank you, Peter!

February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Great product and excellent knowledge with the sales team. I like the warrenty and that they have the backing that I did not see in other products.

Mar 01, 2019

Thank you! You're correct, we offer a best-in-industry 25-year power & product warranty that covers your entire solar system, unlike other companies who may have different warranties with different terms and may require you to work with multiple hardware companies.

Lee
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Honest and up front very good representayiont takes time with custumer

Thanks!

Kara
February 19th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

SunPower has THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I wish I would have found this site before because I would have NEVER gotten solar panels. Seriously as long nothing goes wrong than you are fine but as soon as something does you are screwed. A major part broke and our system was down. The person on the phone blamed US for not calling it in sooner. THEN, it has taken over 7+ months to get the part in. for a while we were paying both ASP AND Sun power util I got them to finally stop takin payments out of our account....oh but that didn't stop them from charging out billing account every month. Ivan keeps saying he will get it fixed, it will go back to zero blah blah blah...... NOTHING has been done. I have NO problem paying my billl every month on a system that is working BUT I REFUSE to pay for the months where my system was down. This company is horrible.... stay away from them ... the only reason I gave them a 1 star is because I had to

Feb 20, 2019

Hello Kara, I am sorry for the current issues you are having. Can you take a moment to send me your account info and i will have your situation escalated. Please send me a private message and i will have someone reach out to you within 24 hours. Thank you and we look forward to resolving your issues.