Founded in 1992, SunPower is a solar company that prides itself on delivering reliable energy and long-term peace of mind for homeowners and businesses. The company is a pioneer in the industry and currently holds more than 750 patents for solar technology.

SunPower is known for manufacturing top-quality and high-efficiency solar panels that generate more power than conventional solar technologies. The company has a uniquely attractive, all-black appearance for itself and offers a few different options to help both residential and commercial consumers get started with renewable energy. SunPower outsources most, if not all, of its projects to third-party solar installers.

Keep reading to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about SunPower, and check out SunPower reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available
  • High Efficiency Panels
  • Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production
  • Attractive Appearance
  • Compatible With Battery Storage
  • Online Monitoring
  • Lengthy Warranties

Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available

SunPower offers three different payment options for customers to choose from: solar leasing, purchasing with cash, and financing with a loan.

With the lease option, SunPower Capital owns the system and the customer rents the system from the company, requiring monthly payments. The lease comes with a 20-year performance guarantee, as well as easy options in case the customer needs to transfer the lease.

SunPower also offers outright purchase and financing options for customers interested in the tax credits and other incentives that come along with solar power ownership. Loan terms for solar systems typically range from 5 to 20 years and do not have any prepayment penalties attached.

The cost of a SunPower solar system ultimately depends on several factors, including current energy usage, available amount of unshaded roof space, the local utility’s net metering policy, and other factors. The easiest way to figure out exactly how much solar will cost you is to obtain a free quote from SunPower.

High Efficiency Panels

SunPower is on the cutting edge of solar technology and excels when it comes to innovation, design, and production of solar equipment, so customers can be confident that they will have high quality products on their homes.

In fact, SunPower makes the highest efficiency solar panels you can buy for your roof in today's market, and the company's solar cells are made of anti-reflective glass and coated with anti-reflective coating to ensure that they capture as much sunlight as possible.

Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production

SunPower's X-Series solar panels excel in terms of power generation and deliver 44 percent more energy per watt than competitive products. This means that SunPower can provide more clean power for its customers' homes with fewer solar panels.

SunPower panels also boast 75 percent more energy per watt than conventional solar panels, meaning that an investment in a SunPower system will ultimately pay off more in the long run.

Additonally, SunPower panels maintain their energy production much better than conventional panels in partly-shaded conditions, making them a better rooftop solar option for customers who live in a cloudy region or a relatively shaded area.

Attractive Appearance

In addition to being highly efficient, SunPower's panels are uniquely attractive and aesthetically pleasing. While many other companies in the solar industry offer traditional blue photovoltaic panels, SunPower's panels are all black, which helps them to blend in better with the rooftop on many houses.

Compatible With Battery Storage

SunPower's panels are compatible with the Freedom CPAP Battery produced by Battery Power Solutions. When a SunPower module is installed along with this battery, customers will still have access to electricity in the event of a power outage.

Online Monitoring

Online monitoring is extremely important for customers who want to see what the panels on their roof are producing and ensure that everything is up to par.

SunPower offers a helpful, convenient app for customers to do just that. The app provides important system information such as power output, savings, energy usage over time, and environmental effects.

There is also a consumption monitoring kit that provides more information than the app for customers who would like a more in-depth way to monitor their system. The consumption monitoring kit is installed by the dealer, but may not be compatible with all homes.

Lengthy Warranties

SunPower offers multiple warranties to protect its customers' solar energy systems, including a 25-year product warranty, which covers the equipment itself, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation. The clean energy company also offers a 25-year performance warranty, which covers the customer in the event that their solar modules underperform in terms of electricity production and output.

The Bad

• No PPAs for Non-Commerical Buyers
  • Few In-House Installations
  • Customer Service Complaints

No PPAs for Non-Commercial Buyers

Many customers may be interested in obtaining a SunPower module through a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) because this payment method typically includes some kind of $0 down option, which eliminates a barrier to entry for them to go solar.

Unfortunately, SunPower only offers PPAs to commercial customers, so consumers who are interested in a PPA for their home solar system will not have much luck with this company.

Few In-House Installations

SunPower is performing installations itself in select areas of California; however, SunPower panels are available in the following 18 states through a network of dealers:

• Arizona
  • Oregon
  • Rhode Island
  • Texas
  • Utah

The dealer you choose will end up being your installer and customer care center for the life of the solar PV panels, which creates a bit of confusion as to who should be contacted (the dealer or SunPower) in the event that any issues occur.

Customer Service Complaints

Many users on our site have provided negative feedback in regards to SunPower's customer service.

Common complaints include difficulty to reach a representative, company failure to return phone calls, slow response time, and inability to resolve issues.

The Bottom Line

SunPower offers a number of payment options, some of the most efficient solar panels in the industry, online monitoring for its customers, and a lengthy workmanship and product warranty.

However, the company does not offer PPAs to residential customers and outsources most of its installations, making it confusing for customers to know who to contact if there is an issue.

3.7

Alice Giliberti
September 5th, 2017 Sparta, NJ

Working great. However, far more expensive than others I have heard about. 20 years is a long time to lease, especially for older homeowners. Does not offer to negotiate the lease to make it more affordable.

CL
September 5th, 2017 San Diego, CA

My system was installed in 2007, three years later the SunPower inverter was recalled and was replaced, then 7 yrs later that inverter quit working. The company contracted to service SunPower products evaluated the system and spent hrs on the phone with SunPower trouble shooting and finally concluded that the inverter needed to be replaced while it was still under warranty. However, a rep in The Philippines decided that it was not under the warranty. After 4 calls I reached the Phillipino's supervisor who argued that it had been more than 10 yrs since the system was installed. I reminder her that the 2nd inverter was still under the 10 yr warranty by three years. Being consistent with almost all other SunPower customer service online reviews her rudeness was startling disappointing, but consistent with the apparent SunPower employee mission statement: "Let's not be helpful." Then I called her supervisor 6 times with no response or message. Another phone call later I was placed on hold for 26 minutes while her supervisor was attempted to be reached. No success! No surprise there! Then a phone call from a rep in Austin, TX. Same poor customer service with an admitted unwillingness to stand behind the faulty products SunPower sells because "SunPower doesn't manufacture the inverters and the manufacturer won't honor the warranty." Even though SunPower sold the faulty product as part of their system they will not help the consumer that they sold the product to. In summary SunPower has a top to bottom customer service attitude of don't return phone calls to customers, DO NOT be helpful, and offer excuses that SunPower is not responsible for faulty products that SunPower promotes & sells because SunPower doesn't manufacture them. Avoid this company at all costs!!!!!

Steve Brumm
August 29th, 2017 Lodi, CA

Installed system on my home roof in Dec 2016. The system has worked as promised. The system is producing more energy than I use which is great. The online monitoring system is awesome. I like the USA made panels which have more watts per panel than the typical China made panels which means less panels on the roof. I would recommend the dealer I used. Lodi, CA.

JUSTIN BECHTEL
August 28th, 2017 Dixon, CA

I talk to this company about my bill and question about the contract no one knows answer or they dont speak english well . wHEN YOU DO TALK TO SOMEONE THAT SPEAKS ENGLISH THEY SAY ARE YOU STUPID DID U READY YOUR CONTRACT GO BACK TO SCHOOL. PLEASE NO ONE SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY I WISH I NEVER DID

p d allen
August 28th, 2017

I purchased my system, as it seemed to be the cheapest and most advantageous. I have 33 panels with an 11.8kwP potential output and based on the shade that comes from trees near me we get 10 with peak sun. Service has been excellent from installation to followup service with the monitoring platform. Best product we could find on the market, coupled with good service from installation to problem solving. Would recommend to anyone who needs or wants solar.

David Hutchison
August 22nd, 2017 Lancaster, CA

My system was installed and operating on June 30, 2017 as promissed. The installation was in conjunction with my house being re-roofed. The Energy Plus Solar installers contacted the roofing company and cordinated everything. The few hiccups with the city inspectors were all handled seemlessly and I was kept abreast of the progress. The Ron S. is my saleman and he has been awesome, great before and after the installation customer service, he handled everything for me. The electricity produced is higher than he told me it would be and we just got out first bill, $1.15. We paid for the system so I can't talk about financing or leasing. If I had to choose a product and installers again I would select Sunpower and Energy Plus Solar. I've been telling all my neighbors and my clients about my panels and my experience.

Scott Allen
August 18th, 2017 Santa Cruz, CA

Customer service and accounting is shopped out to people in the Phillipines...and they do not have the same business mentality as American employees...too "robot like"...extremely difficult for them to get accounting issues resolved...it took almost a year to remove an erroneous finance charge from our account....$2.82 that was not a valid charge stayed on our account for 10 months...and the way their system is setup everytime we ordered materials the shipment would always get put on credit hold...the fact that these outsourced accounting people were like robots and couldn't grasp the concept of making sure customers receive their orders in a timely manner...completely unprofessional...leave messages and noboby calls back...send emails that get ignored...just horrible customer service

Cyndi Ahlgrim
August 3rd, 2017 Sun City, CA

WE have had a great experience with SunPower!!! Pell is who they used for installation ...they did a fair job...broke more roof tiles then we would have liked but they reimbursed us for the damage. Customer service has been excellent anytime we have called our problem has been resolved pretty quick. Our monthly bill is what we were told no increases for anything else, and Edison only gets a couple bucks a month with our end of year bill under 300.00. all in all great experience..

Rob
August 1st, 2017 Lake Forest, CA

This is long but worth the read! Very good information to be informed about in this Review. Be very careful in dealing with SunPower. I have elderly parents that live in a retirement community and live on a very tight fix income. SunPower made a proposal to their community to install Solar Power for all Common Community Buildings. The community voted against the installation due to the fact that SunPower was the only company making a presentation and most of the retired elderly did not understand how Solar Power could save them money. SunPower then was able to talk to individual home owners after their presentation and make their pitch on how they could save them money on their home electricity bill. My parents took the bait and started talks with SunPower. SunPower was trying to sell them on a No Money Down Lease solution for 20year at $100 a month. Their average bill is just a little higher than $100 now. The cost of the Solar System to buy was about $21,000 and the lease over the 20 years would come to just over $26,000. They directed them against buying the system due to their limited budget. My father mentioned to them that all their assets were tied up in a Living Trust and that I was the Executor of the Living Trust. Lucky for them and myself SunPower got greedy and said I would have to sign the Lease also. My parent called me up and asked me to sign this lease as the Executor of the Trust. At the time of the call I was very busy at work with multiple projects to attend to and did not think much of what they were asking me to do. They sent me a secured linked document to sign electronically. As I was going through the document I notice that is stated me as the Co-Leaser and not the Executor Of the Living Trust. This immediately caused me to have big concerns over who my parents were dealing with. I told my parents I could not sign this lease and needed a couple of days to look in to Solar Power. As always I am a person who researches everything to make sure I am getting what I am paying for. I contacted two other Solar Companies and asked them a multitude of questions and to give me quotes. After talking to both and getting some numbers both said they don't do leases and recommend that no one should get a lease with solar. Both gave a rough estimate of about the same price for the Solar Systems as SunPower. But with further review neither could save my parents any money on their electrical bill due to they don't use enough and that they were getting a medical discount already on their utility bill. I then started having my parents ask questions to SunPower why I had to be on the lease, what was the purchase price of the Solar System, and do they have a loan program. SunPower then started dancing around the lease saying I did not have to sign it. They presented the Purchase price of $21,000 with the FED Tax credit of 1/3 the coast which brought the price of the unit to about $15,000 after the Tax Credits. They also gave us the terms on the loan but did not include the tax credit. The loan was also very strange that they mention that there were terms to the loan. I had to read the fine print to understand that you had to pay at least 1/3 of the system off in 18 months to keep the payments the same. If you did not pay 1/3 off your loan off interest and payments would go up. We immediately wrote them and cancel any further discussion with them. SunPower had the nerve to try and charge my parents $250 for coming out to their house and to put together a proposal. I replied to their email and told them I would sue them if they did not decease talking to my parents and trying to collect $250 for the so called services. They wrote back and stated they were doing everything in good faith and that my parents should pay them the $250 but in a round about way they would no try to collect. Since it was very vague I wrote back and confirmed that they would not be charging or talking to my parents again. They finally responded that they would not. Conclusion: SunPower Lease - $26,000 Product cost $21,000 1/3 Tax Credit would go to SunPower total cost of Solar $32,600. SunPower would make $15,000 on this type of deal. SunPower Loan - Product cost $21,000 1/3 Tax Credit was not mentioned interest range from 3.99 -4.99% and 1/3 of the had to be paid off in 18 months or loan would go up and interest could change. Very Unclear terms. Last this system would not have met my parents ultimate needs to be able to us more electricity like they would want to and keep their electric bill at $100 a month. SunPower works with Authorized Installers which could create big problems if the system does not do or work as they claim. The two separate companies could blame the other and you will be stuck in the middle. With a lease you can not include the Solar Upgrade to the Price of the house and the new owner will have to agree to the lease. If the new owners don't agree to the lease it can be remove AT A COST of the Lessee. Lastly SunPower could also put a lean on the house at the time of sale making it difficult to sell the house. Recommend: Horizon Solar Power was very helpful and I believe honest. Their company does not do leases, they will give you 100% guaranty if your numbers calculate out and they install their own products so there is not middle man. You Deal with One Company that is honest.

bill hupp
July 31st, 2017 Bakersfield, CA

after 4 years was told my system was not under warranty for the 20 years like d by installers and company. had a panel shatter on inside, would not cover.

Tom Creswell
July 31st, 2017 Bakersfield, CA

Service is excellent. They kept me informed as we covered each step on installation and permitting. Regarding financing, I got a 10-yr loan that was almost the same monthly payment as my former electric bill. Service since installation is great (2 yrs in service). They are watching the performance. The communications module had some problems, but they were on top of reporting it and fixing it. No complaints.

Jerzy Marcinkowski
July 26th, 2017 Santa Fe Springs, CA

2 inverter and 24 solar panel start on may 2016. One inverter with 12 solar panel stop working before Christmas 2016, already 7 months and still out of order ( Sun power have no service, for service by 3 party technician waiting 10 to 15 days. After each service solar working 2 to 3 days and again coming error ( not working). Already replaced inverter and still not working. Last error on this replaced inverter start June 22/2017, until now nothing done. Sun power not monitoring working units. Customer service is terrible. Supervisor Mabel is giving empty promises. July 25/2017 customer service call me to conform appointment of technician on August 10/2017 time 11:00am 2:00pm, so home owner need to be at home ( problem for working owners). This time will come Sun power technician, nice and waiting time only 50 days. I stop billing collection.

Jan Galkowski
July 24th, 2017 Dedham, MA

Our panels (see yourself at https://goo.gl/mYVzbf) were designed and installed by RevoluSun, an Elite SunPower dealer. These 29 X21-345 panels are a 10 kW system, and we've actually pinned generation up against the SolarEdge Inverter limit of 10.3 kW once or twice. (See https://goo.gl/nbrWNr.) RevoluSun was perfect. Our biggest problem was getting building and electrical approvals in Westwood, MA, a bunch of really conservative people. Amazingly, RevoluSun/SunPower were the only team that were willing to work with what we wanted. We have a moderate tree shading situation, and we are not going to cut trees. So the plan was to OVERBUILD, that is, put up more nameplate generation than we needed, because when we did get clear sky unshaded sun, we wanted to generate like crazy. Sungevity (now bankrupt) wouldn't even consider our home, even if we were going to own the panels. SolarCity wouldn't do the full 10 kW. SunEdison (also bankrupt) came closest to RevoluSun/SunPower, but was only willing to put up 8 kW. Two other suppliers were rejected for other reasons having to do with their process. First Light occurred on 31 December 2015. And we've never looked back. Meantime, RevoluSun has been a fabulous partner and I cannot speak too highly of these marvelous panels.

Ernesto Lozano
July 20th, 2017

I love the SUNPOWER X-22-360 solar panel. The panels are probably the best in the business, I`m very happy with them. The installation company that's where a problem may occur, like with me. Make sure you double and triple check and choose the right installation company.

Patrick Kinsey
July 13th, 2017 Fountain Valley, CA

Sun Solar serviced my solar panels, when I required work on my roof. They were on-time, efficient and quick to do their job. Highly recommend Sun Solar of Anaheim, CA.

Anthony Portillo
June 29th, 2017 California, CA

This company is SCREWING us. The solar panels were installed two years ago at my parents' house. After the first year they received a bill from Edison for over $1,000 for electricity usage. This prompted SunPower to come back to the house and install an additional 14 solar panels. Year two just passed in April of 2017 and they received another Edison bill of $1,200. (Electricity usage has remained relatively constant over the last three years. We've actually been consuming less electricity in the last few months due to the purchase of energy efficient appliances and lights and are still paying more than before we had solar panels.) I finally got involved in February 2017 as they kept brushing my parents off. After my own analysis I realized they tricked my parents into a signing a contract that stated they paid on average of $284.20. THIS IS FALSE. The average bill pre-solar was $160 in the summer and $173 in the winter. No one in their right mind would knowingly agree to pay $153 for a solar lease that only covers 50.4% of electrical consumption when the average bill was ~$166. Page 1 states that the estimated savings from Edison would be $175. How is that the savings if they never paid that much in the past? Now my parents are paying on average $100 more per month with solar panels and they are refusing to offer a fix. To make matters worse we just had a third party engineer come by to confirm if the solar panels were producing enough energy and it turns out the additional 14 were never connected (still aren't and they have been on the roof for over a year) and their installation caused leaks in our roof that has been creating water damage in our attic for the last year. Still fighting this and currently looking into legal counsel to get these panels removed from our house.

Stuart Travis
June 23rd, 2017

The most intelligent and courteous personnel.

Mark Cacioppo
June 21st, 2017

Great panels and great company! I spoke with many and after listing to all the other companies shoot at each other in criticizing all the competitors, many of which actually handled Sunpower panels themselves, I went with the panel and the dealer who made the presentation that remained the most professional and provided me with the best communications! I love my system! I used a well reviewed company called Solar Concepts! A PHENOMINAL TEAM!

Marie Mac Donald
June 19th, 2017 Glendora, CA

In my fourth year with Sun Power and it has cost me an average of $120.00 p/month more then I paid Southern California Edison before SOLAR.

JESSIE
June 15th, 2017 Bellflower, CA

SYSTEM WORKS FINE.CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE ARE NOT THAT SMART!!!! I DON'T LIKE THE BILLING DEPT. ATTITUDE

John Slayton
June 1st, 2017 Duarte, CA

Reading down the recent reviews, I have to conclude that it's all about your local installer. Sunpower is a vertically integrated operation--you can't buy the parts and do it yourself. You have to contract with a Sunpower approved installer. In my case the installers were reasonably good. However, today both of them have gone on to other things. That suggests a problem within the corporation. My (nominally 2KW) system was turned on 6 years ago (June 16, 2011). Over that period of time it has produced about 200 KWH more than I have used. The remote monitor readout quit years ago, but it was totally superfluous anyway, so I have never bothered to get it fixed. After months of use here in Azusa, CA, I decided to spring for a Sunpower installation for my mother in Sierra Vista, AZ. Our experience there is similar to here; the panels and inverter seem to be rock solid and output seems to be as represented.

Art
May 16th, 2017

Customer service stinks if you call the 800 number. My local dealer did a very good job answering questions. They were great and made me feel at ease.

Michael Nisser
May 9th, 2017 Bakersfield, CA

From the time we signed on the dotted line to the installation, everything ran so smoothly. The salesman was the best and still continues to check up on us.

Cleo
May 4th, 2017 Crestline, CA

Customer Service is one of the worst I have dealt with. When I called because my system isn't reporting the lady claimed it was caused because of the electrical storm (which we had not had an electrical storm) I told her numerous times we had no storms but she didn't listen. I've called 5 times, still waiting for someone to fix the issue. No idea if my system I producing like they said it would be. I was told when they were trying to get me to sign the contract that they also monitor the systems and would be able to tell if something wasn't working correctly right away. Guess that was a lie, they do not monitor the systems, its up to me to check it daily. Would not recommend Sun Power to anyone. Worst customer service once you sign

Rex Davidson
May 1st, 2017 Fullerton, CA

I have a 22 panel system which provided 180% of our electrical needs last billing cycle. We got a $117 credit from SCE! Installation was done last July with some minor hiccups by a Sunpower crew. The install is one of the best I have seen. We monitor it daily and have had zero issues since going live. I would certainly recommend to all my friends.

Richard Wortman
May 1st, 2017 Visalia, CA

Have had the system install and producing since March of 2012. I have kept month by month records since I have lived in the house. Central California is hot in the summer and my average monthly bill prior to the installation was $393 (that was over a 5 year period). After the installation the average cost per month was $110 a month.

Michael Figoff
April 28th, 2017 Long Beach, CA

They sold me a 58 panel system that was to generate more than 30,000kw per year to offset prior years usage by 100%. After 11 month of service the system has produced 19,595kw. Further, prior to initiating the contract I advised SUNPOWER that I have a steel roof and if walked on it would distort the stamped steel shingle. They assured my family they had experience with this type of roof and it would be OK. My roof is completely destroyed and they have admitted to that fact. They now are stalling to fix same. I suggest you consider other sources for your solar panel needs.

Ralph
April 24th, 2017 San Jose, CA

Have had our panels over a year and they look great and function extremely well. The company worked with us through the whole process answering all our questions as we went along. The installers were very professional and knew exactly what to do. In a single word, awesome.

Paul Freely
April 20th, 2017 East Northport, NY

This was one of three companies I looked at and it was the manufacture and online monitering that sold me. Never been happier.

Richard Terry
April 19th, 2017 Lafayette, CA

Just purchased system. Outstanding service including sales, transparency, installation. SunPower was installer in our area, unlike several other companies locally. Must admit that your ranking Sungevity #1 for 2017 is odd since it went bankrupt last month!

dennis weikel
April 6th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

My system was installed in 2008. Have not had any issues. Monthly bills are $5 per month so the system will easily pay for itself.

Rich Christie
March 31st, 2017 Pomona, CA

Purchased several months ago. Installed when promised, follow up excellent, functioning as promised and expected. No regrets.

Sharon
March 31st, 2017

SunPower explained exactly how many panels I needed , where the panels were going to be placed and I received a 25 year warranty on panels and labor. All of my questions about how solar system worked were answered promptly. I especially like being able to access system and monitor usage online so I k now that system is working. I am not suppose to have to pay more than $37.00 a month for electricity. Bills have averaged $151.00 per mo. So far so good!

tony
March 24th, 2017 Haverhill, MA

Had solar system installed by one of sunpowers so called authorized dealers in 2016. My home uses 13000kw a year and was sold a 10k system. Since September 2016 the system has only produced 1600kw. My electric bill is over 200 a month and I now have a loan of 240 a month. What I was sold was not what was advertised. False claims and if you purchase a system from sunpower they will do nothing to help you if the dealer is bad. They only stand behind the system if it is leased. So buyer beware don't not buy a system from them. I am going to have to go to court to get the matter resolved. I paid over 40k for a system that will not save me money

Maria
March 22nd, 2017 New York, NY

My installation was done in September 2016 and have averaged an electric bill of $13 per month from my electric company. I am saving an average of $75/month. My salesman was excellent and he patiently explained what would happen and the timeline. The system works flawlessly and I cant wait to see what will happen in the summer with the central air and pool filter on.

Carl J Lundstrom
March 20th, 2017

Had Sunpower installed in 2016. Up to this date, March 2017, it has perforrmed without a problem. I am looking forward to summertime, when we use air conditioning 24/7 every day for 4 months. So far no problems and also no electric bills.

Herbert Reutter
March 16th, 2017 Escondido, CA

I took the leap 8 years ago and my Sunpower system installed by Baker Electric has now paid for itself. There has been no problem with the panels or inverter. Highly recommend Baker and Sunpower. My system produces more than they said it would! I like that, under promise, over deliver never gets old!

Patrick Ryan
February 17th, 2017

My solar system was installed 5 years ago in Bakersfield by "Sun Solar" utilizing Genuine SUNPOWER PANELS. It gets real hot here in Bakersfield. My typical former $ 500 to $800 per month Electric bills now average about $ 10. I keep my big house cool in the summer and save a fortune. I was a bit nervous before I tool the leap of faith and agreed to SOLAR> I am very Happy !

Diana Barker Valente
January 4th, 2017 Severna Park, MD

We are thrilled with our Sun Power panels and the install by Aurora Energy. Everyone in both companies was easy to contact and answered our questions to our satisfaction. The Sun Power App allows us to see how much energy we use from solar and the grid.

Werner Strohmaier
December 6th, 2016 Annandale, NJ

I have a Sunpower system about 5 years old. The local dealers don't want to come out and look at it. Sunpower won't help. So the warranty is useless as is the system.

SHERRY BEDFORD
November 30th, 2016 Bakersfield, CA

Everything bout SP is lie.Signed contract Oct 2015.System wasnt in till July 2016.They promised system would be in Mar.2016.They said county delayed install due to a screw being wrong.They said they'd pay utlites until it was finished. Soon as it got hot they stopped paying.Left me a balance with utility com.$1300 Salesman & Customer Service are rude.Still have not received a copy of contract.My system cost $137,000.THEY SAID MY ROOF WASN'T RIGHT SO I HAVE A GROUND UNIT. THOUGHT MY PAYMENT WAS GOING TO BE $226MTH. IT'S $447.DID I MENTION THEY MESSED UP MY BEDROOM WALL INSTALLING ELECTRICAL BOX???

Lauren Fishback
November 22nd, 2016

My sun power system went live in the latter part of May 2016. In my contract is states we are to produce 33kw per day. We leased a 17 panel system. Shortly after it took 7 months for the installation and system to actually go live, it started to have a decline in production. To which was deemed the system wasn't powerful enough to supply our needs. October 31, sun power had smart energy solar out to install 4 additional panels at no additional cost. That day our system stopped monitoring. No one contacted me from either sun power or smart energy solar. I did ALL the calling to rectify the situation. One day 3 weeks later, on its own, it started monitoring. Only instead of producing more like it should, it was even less. So it went from 33kw per day, to 21kw and now with 4 additional panels to 17kw. It has also stopped monitoring. Their call center only says their waiting for the resident supervisor to call me, who never does. Nothing has been done to correct my problem!

Pat Haidet
November 21st, 2016 Pomona, CA

We had SunPower for approx. 4 1/2 years. The installation as done on time. The job was very professional and the installer was very friendly. At first we figured the pay out would be 10 years, now it looks like it will be closer to 8 years. ( we paid cash for our system). Have had a couple of minor issues with communications with the internet but was solved in a timely manner with NO cost to me. I would highly recommend SunPower to anyone.

Richard Upjohn
November 18th, 2016 Ross, CA

For overall customer satisfaction, SunPower is the best company. The warranty is the best by far and the dealer network in northern CA are the best. They are committed to excellent installation work and follow up. Solar is an asset for your home. Pick the best quality panels. I installed SunPower and have a 5.5 yr. pay back.

Mike Carlson
November 12th, 2016 Peoria, AZ

Looks good - doesn't deliver. Went with Sun Power after looking at equipment & relying on their estimates of our power needs. Was betrayed by what turned out to be an incompetent estimation of our needs. Installation was a nightmare. Local dealer delayed installation for months. Did not install per the approved plan. Result was that city red tagged the project. Once city approval was obtained, HOA approval requirements were simply ignored. Finally had totally inappropriate shield installed that was never cleared by HOA. Sidewall equipment was never painted as required. Process started in Feb. It is now Nov ... do the math. Installation still in progress. Installed system woefully underpowered. 30 panels installed after our questioning adequacy of initial proposal. Were assured that 30 panels would cover our need. 4 months experience suggest that the installed system is 20% underpowered. No longer receiving communications from Sun Power ... am receiving monthly bills. Stay away from Sun Power.

Larry L Bradshaw
November 11th, 2016 Oroville, CA

We had SunPoser panels installed several months ago by Westhaven Solar. The installation was as scheduled, professional, and cleared by local planning office with the comment that , "They do nice work." We have had few problems, but the minor difficulties with the monitor app was addressed quickly. To date we are pleased with the purchase, installation, service, and performance.

Suzy Hayes-Tripp
November 11th, 2016 El Dorado Hills, CA

In the new era of "let the buyer beware", we can only give kudos to Sunpower. From customer service, to monitoring production, to the actual products. We rate an A+

FRANZ A CRIEGO
November 1st, 2016

I purchased my 2nd system from SunPower, my prior system was a complete disaster. After taking the time to educate myself on the difference in not only Solar Panels but inverters as well, I now have a system that provides me with a net zero PLUS credit useage at the end of each month. I have been monitoring my system on a daily/weekly and monthly basis. Prior to the SunPower installation, I compared the offerings (proposals) between 6 different companies. There is a world of difference. I now have less panels (28 vs 62) and produce substantially more kwh per month. My current system in comparison cost substantially less than my original system even taking into consideration the difference in cost (price) drop over the years. YES you can buy cheaper, but in my estimation you can't get better! As a plus, my salesman (Alan C) was not pushy and he listened to what it was that I wanted and what my needs were as opposed to what was being offered.

Don Stoffel
October 31st, 2016

Systems achieves all that they promised and more. The first year my bill was $ -171. The company that installed the system was Baker Electric and did a quick, excellent job. I did an upfront lease on a 28 panel system. Online monitoring of system is excellent!

paula farha
October 4th, 2016 Palm Desert, CA

Purchased Sun Power Panels 3 years ago and besides a few hic-ups with the installation, I am very satisfied. Renova Solar put them in and has followed through with cleaning the panels. Also very satisfied with the amount of savings in energy. We just have to keep the utilities out of our backyard. Would highly recommend. Palm Desert, California