**In 2017, Solar Spectrum and Horizon Solar merged under the Sungevity family. In April 2018, both companies officially rebranded as Sungevity. Read more about the merger and rebrand.**

With so many solar energy companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to.

We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Sungevity to be one of the top solar installers in the industry. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Sungevity, as well as view Sungevity reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool
  • Customized Solar Solutions
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Sungevity offers several solar financing options, which means that taking advantage of renewable energy and obtaining a home solar system through Sungevity is possible for customers of all budgets.

With Sungevity's solar lease, loan, and PPA payment options, customers can go solar for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 20-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the inverter and workmanship.

For customers who are looking for the solar power plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers cover the cost of the system and solar panel installation upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool

Sungevity's proprietary Remote Solar Design tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly without having to crawl around on the roof.

After answering a few questions over the phone with a Sungevity rep, the Remote Solar Design tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their solar panels will look and function.

Remote Solar Design can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option the solar company offers.

Customized Solar Solutions

Unlike some other solar installers, Sungevity doesn't believe in cookie-cutter solar solutions. As a result, the company's professional advisors custom design every solar power system to meet the needs and budget of the customer.

Sungevity uses sleek black-on-black solar panels and low-impact mounting hardware, and each of its solar energy systems is designed to accommodate multiple storage options and other functionalities, such as EV chargers, so customers can add those features now or in the future.

Lengthy Warranties

Sungevity offers a number of different warranties to ensure that its customers and their solar energy systems are taken care of.

The solar company provides a 20-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment; a 25-year performance warranty, which guarantees a certain level of energy output; and a 20-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

Informative Mobile App

With the Sungevity mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Sungevity app allows them to track how much energy their solar panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world.

In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their solar systems, the Sungevity app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

The Sungevity reviews on our site, which have been submitted by real customers, shed some light on the company's business practices and praise the solar provider for its customer service. Consumers are saying that Sungevity's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests.

Sungevity also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering switching to clean energy with Sungevity?

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Sungevity has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found.

Sungevity's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company has to offer, and its website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Sungevity is currently only available in California, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Colorado. This limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to receive a solar installation from Sungevity.

The Bottom Line

Sungevity, which is one of the top installers in the solar industry, is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a rooftop solar system to look into. If you live in one the states it covers, Sungevity's multiple financing options, proprietary Remote Solar Design tool, insightful Sungevity app, and top-notch customer service are hard to beat.

Thomas Deaton

February 15th, 2017 Fresno, CA

My brother-in-law recommended them to me, and they have been really excellent! Everything works well and its saving us money. We're glad that we went solar with them.

Timothy Last

February 15th, 2017 Ayer, MA

I came across Sungevity on the internet, and they seemed to be the best company. We had a great experience working with them, and we really enjoy the system. It is very good!

Karl Kiessling

February 15th, 2017 Viola, DE

We had a great experience working with Sungevity, and we are very pleased with the system.

Patrick Thomas

February 15th, 2017 Gloucester, MA

We are very satisfied with the quality of the installation process. The sales team was great to work with too, they were very informative.

Frank Patterson

February 15th, 2017 Barre, MA

We went with sungevity and we are really pleased. Everything has been really excellent. We are pleased.

Vincent Johnson

February 15th, 2017 Bear, DE

I was weighing my options with Sungevity and Solar City. I felt that Sungevity had a better quality product.

Melkon Krikorian

February 15th, 2017 Queens Village, NY

They give me a quote, they showed me what the system will do and everything they said turned out well. So I trusted them and I did it. The installation was not as smooth as I like. I think partly because they were dealing with outside vendors, so probably they had a thing in there, but the installer been quite the measure up. But eventually everything worked out well.

Robin Rosenberg

February 15th, 2017 Highland Mills, NY

We heard about so many other companies, but Sungevity seemed to be the most reliable. The installation was quick and easy. The system is very efficient and saves us a lot of money.

Anita Levine

February 15th, 2017 Toms River, NJ

I have been perfectly satisfied with Sungevity, so there isn't much to say about them. Everything went according to plan.

David Gruytch

February 15th, 2017 Parlin, NJ

I went with Sungevity because they have the best ratings on the internet. The system is very good, and the installation was fine. My only issue is that the contractors caused a little bit of damage and it took them a while for them to take care of it.

Richard Ogle

February 15th, 2017 Barnegat, NJ

Sungevity was always on time, and they got their work done when they said that they would. Everything is working as promised; we are very satisfied.

Michael Becker

February 15th, 2017 Putnam, CT

They were a great company to work with. The installation was easy, the sales team was excellent, everything was good.

Anthony Mazzeo

February 15th, 2017 Seekonk, MA

After reading a lot of reviews, they seemed to be the best company out there. They addressed all of my concerns, answered all of my questions and everything went very smoothly.

Virginia Hills

February 15th, 2017 Mickleton, NJ

I like the companies lease terms, thats what did it for me. Customer service is excellent, the installation was excellent, we are satisfied.

Brennan Baker

February 15th, 2017 Lumberton, NJ

When you look at it, everything was a great experience. The sales people were very straightforward, the installation was easy, and we are saving money. We are very happy.

Dennis Shimkoski

February 15th, 2017 Auburn, MA

We went with Sungevity because of cot of value. And after reading so many reviews, most people are happiest with Sungevity. Project management team its very good, they really had a lot to work with with an old historical building and they worked with us to make sure that it'll look not be seen from the road, its really good its well-designed. they call us whenever there's a problem they monitor it and it surprises me whenever they do. But they give us a call and let us you know go check on things that has been a problem which is incredibly to me just very helpful. It is beyond just installation they really do a good job and keeping its warm performance.

Michael Sutyla

February 15th, 2017 Clinton, CT

After researching the top 5 companies and find all the data I could, I went with Sungevity. Their customer service is above average. We did have some situations with sunlight restriction and they help me with their engineering department, removed a couple of trees and provide the household the marks to the direct sun. And those services they provided with no charge and they also gave me a 100-dollar free home consulting survey, with an energy company here in Connecticut which came in and gave me LED light bulbs and sealed-small leaks in our house

BC

February 15th, 2017 Albany, NY

We looked over a couple and they look like they were offering a good deal. And it has been a very good experience for us overall. We've been perfectly satisfied!

Steven Ramsey

February 15th, 2017 Porterville, CA

The panels that Sungevity offers no one else offers them, so that set them apart in my mind. I am very satisfied with the company and everything that they have done for me so far. My only complaint is in regards to the company referral fee. I referred my daughter to the service and she ended up having it installed. I still have not received my referral fee from them, and $1,000 is a lot of money.

Ronald Monteforte

February 15th, 2017 Woodland, CA

I got an estimate from 4 different solar companies. Sungevity was the most responsive by far. They were easy to ask questions and everything. They were the easiest to work with, so I went with them.

David Howes

February 15th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

My experience with Sungevity has been pretty good! They answer my questions, the installation went smoothly, everything has been pretty good. I'm glad I went solar with them.

Lloyd McCoy

February 15th, 2017 Lucerne Valley, CA

Simply put, Sungevity made me the best offer. I also like that they monitor my systems output and they notify you if there are any issues.

Scott Parker

February 15th, 2017 Morgan Hill, CA

After reviewing all available companies in my area and what they had to offer, I chose Sungevity. I don't think there is another company out there that would qualify and meet my needs. I give them a 10.

David Adams

February 15th, 2017 Castro Valley, CA

I first heard about Sungevity from a friend. The company was very easy to work with, and everything has been very good.

BB

February 15th, 2017 Raleigh, NC 27609

They were advertising over CREDO and I follow them for quite a while and valued their advice. I would certainly do it again and if I would going to do it, I would try to do it with a company like them. They'd been great.

Richard Carlone

February 15th, 2017 San Jacinto, CA

They kept all their appointments, they were on time, they were neat and there was always, when I have a question they can answer it for you. It was a great experience!

Joseph Jaramillo

February 15th, 2017 Albuquerque, NM

I did little research when I was thinking about putting in panels and they seem to have best information and were eager to answer questions for me. Other than the fact that I would recommend them and I do recommend them to anyone that has inquires about my panels, I don't have much else to say.

Marc Lipman

February 15th, 2017 Barnegat Light, NJ

Sungevity did a great job, and they completed everything when they said that they would, which is a big deal to me. Overall I am very happy with the service that I got.

Bryce Giggey

February 15th, 2017 Leicester, MA

Sungevity did a good job! The consultation went well, management is very nice, and the installation was great. Everything with them is pretty good.

Sharie Scott

February 15th, 2017 Rio Vista, CA

I did quite a bit of online research and they offered the best program and I want it to be able to monitor it online and that was included. The prepaid lease, it was a better deal than most of other things. They were the ones i ended up picking out. Installation was very good. I would recommend them to anybody!

Ardonna Smith

February 15th, 2017 Brawley, CA

Sungevity is very professional. Everything was excellent with the installation, I am very satisfied. The consultation was very, very professional. Everything is great!

Gwendolen Noyes

February 15th, 2017 Cambridge, MA

Sungevity is an excellent company. I wish other companies were as sufficient, organized and smart as them/ They were recommended to me by CREDO. Everything is excellent.

Gregory Brunson

February 15th, 2017 Griswold, CT

Their panels look a lot better then other companies!We are very, very pleased. Dealings with the companies have been excellent, and I love the system.

David Horowitz

February 15th, 2017 Trenton, NJ

Sungevity offers basically a risk-free experience to save money and to do great for the environment. The sales team was very professional and knowledgeable. They have done a very good job, keep up the good work.

Richard Paugh

February 15th, 2017 Ocean View, DE

I did a lot of research on various companies. The company was very attentive, they explained everything very well. Installation took a couple of days, but we were very pleased with it over all.

Paul Hein

February 15th, 2017 Townsend, DE

I found out about them at Lowes. The consultation was easy, the management team was great, everything went right at the installation. I am pretty satisfied!

Tracy Dauterman

February 15th, 2017 Paso Robles, CA

I was at Lowes and they approached me. When they explained it to me it was really a no brainer. I am very satisfied with the installation and the company as a whole.

Paul Gordon

February 15th, 2017 Lawrence, MA

I did extensive research online and Sungevity looked the best. Everything has been excellent with them so far. The management team was very helpful, installation went well, everything is great.

Joe Smashey

February 15th, 2017 National Park, NJ

I went with Sungevity because they offered me the right deal at the time. I was very satisfied with the management team and the installation process. Everything has been great; would recommend.

David Janelle

February 15th, 2017 Mendon, MA

I looked at a lot of different companies. What I really liked about Sungevity is that they guarantee the amount of electricity that we would generate. Installation was very neat and quick. The installation took a few hours, maybe 5 or 6. There was no mess, it was so neat. They did a very good job. The management team was excellent. They kept in contact with me through the entire process letting me know what was happening, when it was happening, when I could expect things to happen, so it was very good to be able to not have to worry about things. After a year of having the solar panel installed I was able to generate 97.5% of my total electricity, which I thought was great.

AM

February 15th, 2017 Oakland, CA

The terms of the agreement, the costumer service I received that they were a local company to where I live and their price. Based on my experience I would absolutely recommend them.

Robert Treglia

February 15th, 2017 Acushnet, MA

We went with Sungevity because they were affiliated with Lowes. They did everything that they said that they would, and everything is working just like they said.

Gerald Carroll

February 15th, 2017 Milford, DE

After doing research, Sungevity seemed to be pretty good. The installation overall is working fine, its good but theres some issues. They drove over my septic system and I had to get it repaired. But the company resolved that issue. With that said, the management team has been great, I like the system so far, it is very good.

William Wilson

February 15th, 2017 Escondido, CA

Sungevity had a very excellent offering for prepaid lease which provided the highest return of investment for my rental properties. It has gone so well that we decided to add 3 more systems to 3 more properties.

Teri Berwick

February 15th, 2017 Los Altos, CA

Sungeviry provides an excellent service. They were very fast, they are intelligent, and their service was just impeccable! We are saving money and its amazing!

Robert Hargrave

February 15th, 2017 Syracuse, NY

Sungevity has been great! They have great people working for them, especially the guys who actually installed the panels on our house. So far, we haven't had a single problem!

Glenn Miller

February 15th, 2017 Hillsborough Township, NJ

We checked out several companies, and they seemed to meet our needs the best. We have had no problems whatsoever with the company. Everything is very inexpensive, and the management team was great. I would recommend Sungevity to just about anyone like I said, there is no problem. The bill has been fine and we had nothing to say badly about this company.

John Griffin

February 15th, 2017 Stoughton, MA

We spoke to 3 or 4 different companies and they provided us with the best designs for our solar system, and the best payment options as well. I am completely satisfied with the installation process, the management team is excellent. We are very happy!

Joseph Wantanabe

February 15th, 2017 Beaumont, CA

I was looking into Solar when I was at Lowes, and I was impressed with Sungevity. The consultation was very good and the installation was also good. The only thing that was a little confusing was that i had to deal with 5-6 different people throughout the installation process. But other than that everything has been great.

Greg Brown

February 15th, 2017 Poway, CA

My son had a great experience with Sungevity, so I decided to give them a try also. Everything seems to be pretty good, I like the final product. No complaints.