**In 2017, Solar Spectrum and Horizon Solar merged under the Sungevity family. In April 2018, both companies officially rebranded as Sungevity. Read more about the merger and rebrand.**

With so many solar energy companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to.

We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Sungevity to be one of the top solar installers in the industry. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Sungevity, as well as view Sungevity reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool
  • Customized Solar Solutions
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Sungevity offers several solar financing options, which means that taking advantage of renewable energy and obtaining a home solar system through Sungevity is possible for customers of all budgets.

With Sungevity's solar lease, loan, and PPA payment options, customers can go solar for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 20-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the inverter and workmanship.

For customers who are looking for the solar power plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers cover the cost of the system and solar panel installation upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool

Sungevity's proprietary Remote Solar Design tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly without having to crawl around on the roof.

After answering a few questions over the phone with a Sungevity rep, the Remote Solar Design tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their solar panels will look and function.

Remote Solar Design can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option the solar company offers.

Customized Solar Solutions

Unlike some other solar installers, Sungevity doesn't believe in cookie-cutter solar solutions. As a result, the company's professional advisors custom design every solar power system to meet the needs and budget of the customer.

Sungevity uses sleek black-on-black solar panels and low-impact mounting hardware, and each of its solar energy systems is designed to accommodate multiple storage options and other functionalities, such as EV chargers, so customers can add those features now or in the future.

Lengthy Warranties

Sungevity offers a number of different warranties to ensure that its customers and their solar energy systems are taken care of.

The solar company provides a 20-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment; a 25-year performance warranty, which guarantees a certain level of energy output; and a 20-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

Informative Mobile App

With the Sungevity mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Sungevity app allows them to track how much energy their solar panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world.

In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their solar systems, the Sungevity app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

The Sungevity reviews on our site, which have been submitted by real customers, shed some light on the company's business practices and praise the solar provider for its customer service. Consumers are saying that Sungevity's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests.

Sungevity also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering switching to clean energy with Sungevity? Visit site.

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Sungevity has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found.

Sungevity's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company has to offer, and its website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Sungevity is currently only available in the following eight states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington DC, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. This limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to receive a solar installation from Sungevity.

The Bottom Line

Sungevity, which is one of the top installers in the solar industry, is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a rooftop solar system to look into. If you live in one of the states where the company services, its multiple financing options, proprietary Remote Solar Design tool, insightful Sungevity app, and top notch customer service are hard to beat.

Call our recommended rep over at Sungevity below.

Miranda Koerner

October 24th, 2017 Fallbrook, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our Solar Consultant Chad W from Horizon Solar Power was very professional and knowledgeable. He took the time to explain the Solar products and key benefits based on our needs. The process was easy from start to finish. We got all our questions and concerns answered in a timely manner. I would highly recommend Horizon Solar Power. Thanks Chad and The Horizon team for all your hard work and making this an effortless process. Les and Miranda Koerner

Nicole CHan

October 23rd, 2017 1760

Because they had a reasonable price and we felt comofortable they would offer a good product and service.

Renee

October 23rd, 2017 95301

I was initially impressed with their follow through.

Aaron Cannon

October 23rd, 2017 95322

good online reviews, persistent sales without being overly pushy.

Sharon

October 23rd, 2017 2538

highest review. very very knowledgeable sales person, very professional and personable. step-by-step direction and instruction

Paul from Boylston

October 23rd, 2017 1505

Initially I was impressed with solar spectrum was easy making an appointment yet we never had a sales rep contact us

dan , cool guy

October 23rd, 2017 12180

liked it, more coopertiva than solar city

Mary

October 23rd, 2017 93446

They had good reviews. My initial impression was good. Jarrett was the initial contact and was professional yet felt like family.

Lincoln

October 23rd, 2017 95648

Unkown, had not business with them before. Chosen due to an advertisement.

Randy Christian

October 23rd, 2017 92880

I them based on internet reviews. I was looking for a company with a reputation for honesty.

misled me

October 23rd, 2017 95728

at first the person seemed very professional, promised to call me - this was about 3 months ago - never heard from Solar Spectrum since

Annoyed by pushy people

October 23rd, 2017 11554

they are pushy and disorganized. I set expectations for when I could talk to them and received a number of additional calls at inconvenient times and no one seemed to know that I had arranged an appointed time to speak with them.

n/a

October 23rd, 2017 91931

They failed to do the job. I chose them because they were rated #1.

wallace

October 23rd, 2017 93560

confident, but, did not continue buying because representative did not send an email explaining the process of how the panels were attached to the roof.

Eli Gonzales

October 23rd, 2017 92129

Good, I choose Spectrum based on online review.

Raman

October 23rd, 2017 90807

They seemed like they were flying by the seat of their pants. The person who answered the phone was constantly checking over his shoulder to someone about answers. When I told him the type of material for my roof he paused for 10 seconds then said they could not help me. I ended up with another solution so I know my roof supports pannels.

Chris

October 23rd, 2017 91324

Best reviews but then the sales person was annoying and kept calling even after I asked him to stop!

Pushy Sales Rep

October 23rd, 2017 93611

knowledgable about solar, however pushy to sign

Pushed Away from Solar

October 23rd, 2017 93637

Nice people at the beginning, BUT they got very pushy for an immediate decision. Way over priced and over whelming pressure to buy now.

Tom K.

October 23rd, 2017 21784

Presentation and attention to detail. I picked Solar Spectrum because they had the solar panels I was interested in at a reasonable price and didn't have to come to my house like other solar dealers to hard sell me.

TG

October 23rd, 2017 14880

Very nice salesman I talked to and honest of what they could do for me. Their high rating.

Dayna

October 23rd, 2017 91356

The telephone representative was rude. Mybover all experience Wasted my time. The technician was Not knowledgeable

SHELLY

October 23rd, 2017 94531

The sales person explained everything and I felt very comfortable

J. Yorck

October 23rd, 2017 94107

Price and friendliness of their sales rep. Unfortunately they completely failed to deliver.

Finally, Straight Answers

October 23rd, 2017 92083

Easy to talk to. Good technical feedback to my questions.

Peter

October 23rd, 2017 2571

Very good to to business with and they give you the options that are available to you

KG

October 23rd, 2017 91011

Solar spectrum offers a top quaqlity product as a reseller of Sun Power. Their military culture supports introuduces a process approach that provides support though the entire process.

Skye

October 23rd, 2017 94403

We thought Solar Spectrum will be professional ... but we are wrong ..... Poor sales rep!!

can remember the name but it was a man

October 23rd, 2017 94602

very short call and he was going to call me back the next day but never did

Edward Parlee

October 23rd, 2017 1879

They have very qualified employees!! I selected Solar Spectrun because I had a discount coupon.

Great job, as promised!

October 23rd, 2017 92373

Solar Spectrum promised to get things done in a timely manner and they did. We are very happy with what they have accomplished for us!

Walter, Los Angeles

October 23rd, 2017 90035

Though the company could not serve my needs due to local building regulations and the way my apartment building's roof is designed, they did provide expert feedback .about that.

Sequestration Seeker

October 23rd, 2017 92084

5 Star reviews by customers and California based as an early provider. Price point competitive.

RK

October 23rd, 2017 94539

Worst experience, considered Solar Spectrum because neighbor referred them.

The Robinsons

October 23rd, 2017 92557

Intially I picked them because they had been rated #1 and the original rep was able to answer all my questions. However since starting this process with them I have become very dissappointed with the service I have received. The installation of my solar started 10/3/17 and it still has not been completed and I'm still waiting .

LT

October 23rd, 2017 91354

Edward was very good at following up and he has great knowledge of the product. They should NOT change their name to Sungivity

Jesse Ellington

October 23rd, 2017 28607

I think I called them and spoke to someone. Said they would call back and schedule a visit but they never did. I found other more responsive companies. I assumed they were a typical "web-site" but no employees place.

n/a

October 23rd, 2017 91206

Great company, but too expensive, considering how many years it takes to pay for itself.

Pat

October 23rd, 2017 93292

Very helpful & informative. Patrick was great. Did decide to go with someone local but I appreciated all the time Patrick spent to explain everything.

North San Jose

October 23rd, 2017 95132

The sales agent was very arrogant and easy to lose temper. He was not knowlegable. My questions made him upset because he couldn't answer.

Unsure

October 23rd, 2017 91307

Initially it was good.....then went down hill, when I was expected to spend money prior to even building an estimate.

Customer 1

October 23rd, 2017 13323

It was number one in NYS Solar lists. I was fine with talking to representative, but he had trouble answering my questions when I compared his company to SolarCity and CNY Solar. He said he would send me the proposal so that I could compare the analysis, but I could only get it if he ran my credit. I was not going to do a credit check because the financial institution used for loans had already approved me and I didn''t want to damage my credit with excessive runs. Also, the phone numbers that the rep called from changed from state to state. I had a call from Alex Bay, NY and then the same rep from KY. A little more consistency would go a long way

Alex

October 23rd, 2017 92627

I chose them because they were rated #1 on your site, but I was very surprised that they don''t even have consultants who know about my local area. They are simply a call center far away from me. They didn''t even know how to say the name of my electric company and kept getting it wrong. He obviously didn''t have much local market understanding and was reading a script. That''s not a company worthy of being #1. Plus, they told me solar wouldn''t fit on my home and disqualified me, but other companies were able to fit 18 panels on my roof. From their satellite and lack of ability to see my house in person they gave inaccurate information. Plus, THEY DONT EVEN INSTALL THEIR OWN SYSTEMS!! They are apparently subcontracting the job to (what I would assume to be) the lowest bidder.

Bought Out Sungevity

October 23rd, 2017 92126

I did NOT chiise them. When I learned they had bought out the failed Sungevity and were leaving those customers high & dry (the internet is peppered with their loud complaints) I decided to best give Solar Spectum a wide pass.

Jack G

October 23rd, 2017 92694

My initial impression was that solar spectrum was a good and reputable company. However, I did not choose them to provide me with solar power at my home. I chose another company because of the material and the price that was going to be used in my solar installation.

SolarGuy

October 23rd, 2017 2021

Found you online. Wanted to get a quote for a solar system, but the agent NEVER called me back!!! even though I emailed him a couple of times..

Susan M

October 23rd, 2017 91311

I did not choose them. I decided to go with sunrun. I was not impressed with there fast talking salesman. He gave me wrong information and did not listen to what I was telling him. I found a comperable system for thousands of dollars less.

Kimberly lamore

October 23rd, 2017 8087

Horrible this company is a joke. I initially thought it was great until they went bankrupt and no one tells you anything.

Satisfied Customer

October 23rd, 2017 95602

I liked having one fellow, Mo, who was always on site to answer questions.

Don't care

October 23rd, 2017 11735

They where great. I did not choose them because the disqualified one of my roofs.