Best Company Guarantee Sun Badger Solar Logo

Sun Badger Solar

8.0

Kurt Stefan Menomonee Falls, WI

From start to finish my experience with Sun Badge Solar was overly positive. One of the first steps in the process is to meet with one of their solar energy consultants. I was worked with Dustin S who was incredibly knowledgeable and took the time to answer any and all questions. He did a fantastic job of laying out all of our options and showing us how solar could be beneficial for us. However, never during this process was I pressured into making any decisions. It was always a casual conversation with no pressure. The project schedule played out pretty true to what I was told to expect. I signed my contract with Sun Badger in early August 2020 and had my solar panels installed in early January with interconnection to the energy grid in mid-January 2021 (about 5.5 months start to finish). You constantly get updates and emails from the project team to make sure that you are aware of the latest progress. Installation went very smooth. It took the install team about 1.5 days to complete my project. It took them a bit longer than anticipated due to snow on my roof at the time of install. Yes - they are able to install the system year round and not damage your roof! Unfortunately, one of my panels was damaged in transit. The installers immediately brought this to my attention and put a plan together to ensure that a new panel was ordered and would get installed. They even identified that the caulk around the new electric meter needed to be redone. This was all identified by the install team and did not require me bringing these issues to their attention to have fixed. I appreciated the install team's attention to detail and professionalism. The Enphase app that you use for tracking and monitoring your solar system is very easy to use and informational. It's amazing to track your energy consumption and production. The only sad part is cloudy days, but you can't control the weather. I'm particularly impressed with Sun Badger's warranty. Both my solar panels and the labor are covered by the warranty should anything go wrong over the next 20 years. That's pretty impressive and shows you how confident they are in the product and their workmanship. Sun Badger even guaranteed that I would still receive my 26% tax incentive. The rate was scheduled to drop to 22% if the system wasn't connected to the electric grid by 12/31/20. Guaranteeing the 4% difference wasn't something they had to do. However, it shows you how much they value their clients and want to do right by them. I am extremely happy with my decision to install solar on my house. If you are even considering solar, I'd highly recommend reaching out to Sun Badger Solar for a consultation. You wont' regret it!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It was a pleasure working with you, and your feedback is definitely appreciated!! If you have any questions about your system, we are here to help always! Congrats on going solar!

Feb. 2nd, 2021

Joe O'Connell

Communication needs improved for the project. It seems like I have received more communication after than I ever did during the process. They over estimated how much solar I would collect which is disappointing as I'm still receiving high bills now on top of the loan. I'm techy and the app is garbage seems only made to try to solicit referrals vs the keeping the user/customer in mind. The alerts from the app were annoying so I deleted it. I just log into enphase app to get my details.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Joe. It's best to compare your system's energy production to the monthly predictions rather than by annual averages. We are heading into the spring/summer months where your system is predicted to produce the most energy! Looking forward to seeing how your energy production compares once it's been energized for a full year! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions/concerns!

Aaron leach Burlington, WI

Good commutation on the wholeproject crew was fast and cleaned up the work site after thejob was completed

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the review Aaron! We are happy to hear that our crew was clean and respectful of your property. Our goal is for this to be a smooth and easy process for the homeowner! We look forward to many sunny years ahead for you!

Matt Messenger Elk River, MN

Friendly company, some delay and difficulty getting answers why there was a delay. Sunbadger was very apologetic when I reached out to them.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Matt! We do our best to give as much detail when/if there are delays in a project, and we apologize if that was not the case for yours! However, we are pleased that your solar system was energized within the expected timeline and before the end of the year! Thank you for choosing Sun Badger to go solar with!

Kevin Klein Milwaukee, WI

Working with Sun Badger was generally smooth, but it took longer than expected to schedule the install and there were a few hiccups with the system design.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here! We appreciate your patience through your project, and although it took a bit longer than expected your system was still powered on within 6 months! We look forward to many sunny months ahead for you! Take care.

Dec. 15th, 2021

RAY DALY Elgin, IL

I PREVIOUSLY SAID THEY TOOK TOO LONG . THEY REPLIED FEBUARY TO MAY WAS WITHIN CONTRACT'S FOUR MONTHS. I SAY INITIAL PAYMENT WAS DECEMBER 29, 2020 TO MIDDLE OF MAY TURN-ON IS FIVE AND A HALF MONTHS. TOO LONG!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

We appreciate your feedback Ray! Your system was installed within the 4 month timeline that is described to you in your contract. Design approval was completed mid February and installation wrapped by the end of May. We understand that this process is a very exciting time, and waiting for it to be completed can feel much longer! We appreciate your patience through this and are always here to help answer any questions you may have throughout the lifetime of your solar system!

Oct. 13th, 2021

Joel Payment South Saint Paul, MN

I had constant contact with the team working in my solar. I was never kept out of the loop, email and phone calls weekly.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review Joel! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project, and are communicated with throughout the entire process. We are so pleased to hear you had such a great experience and hope you share the good news by using our referral program! Here's to many sunny days ahead for you!

Nathaniel Ferendzo O'fallon, IL

good sales department, installation team was great. took very long to get it installed. they went to install on a house in a different state which pushed it back another month

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! In this rare occasion, we appreciate your understanding and patience while our team worked to rearrange their installation schedule to ensure you did get installed as quickly as possible. Now that you have your beautiful system installed, we know you will see the benefits for years to come! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions. Stay sunny!

Erika Johnson Machesney Park, IL

Great experience from the sales process through to installation and beyond. We have referred several people to Sun Badger for their solar needs and will continue to do so.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you Erika for writing this review! We appreciate you as an advocate for Sun Badger, and know that your high quality system will continue to sell itself! Congratulations on going solar! :)

Jason Atchison Milwaukee, WI

SunBadger was very helpful in walking me through the process of going solar. They didnt pressure me at all when it came time to deciding to move forward or not

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Jason! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project and we are so pleased that your experience is proof of that! Congratulations on going solar!

Joe Teunessen Chicago, IL

Overall, they did a great job installing 25 solar panels on our South facing roof. Some of the timeliness dealing with inspections, et al, could be a little frustrating but not the fault of the installer.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience! Your solar array looks beautiful and is producing right on track with what we predicted. We appreciate your understanding of the different parties that are involved in this process, and how delays may occur due to outside factors of Sun Badger. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Vadim K.

Best price, competent field workers and knowlegable saleman, The only issue is extremely protracted drawings/permit/approval process. Looks like they need to strengthen the office team.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! Since your project, we have strengthened our team to ensure we are providing the best customer experience possible! We also have made changes to our project management software and added onboarding sessions for new customers. Our focus is on our customers and hope that your future referrals will see the difference as we continue to grow!

Kaleb Haugen Madison, WI

SunBadger offered great quality of materials and installation. Their price was competitive, and considering the high quality LG panels and Enphase inverters used the price to value is much better than competitors.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the review Kaleb! We are here if you have any questions at all. Congratulations on going solar and we are so happy you chose us here at Sun Badger!

ChicagoO Lockport, IL

My rating is reduced to the complex contract process. Before signing with SunBadger, ask for the contract with the utility company. The utility company is holding you responsible for the solar delivery, not SunBadger. I was extremely happy with Sunbadger, the design, and implementation.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback. During your solar project there are many different parties involved in getting this system installed and turned on for you. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with Sun Badger Solar! Our goal is to ensure our customers are satisfied with their solar project, and handling the communications with your utility is part of that. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns! Stay sunny!

Peter Richardson Mount Prospect, IL

I am very happy with the system SunBadger designed and installed for me. I recommended them to 2 friends who also had systems installed. 3rd friend showed different panels in quote. They did not look as 3. Get multiple quotes and check the specs. Paperwork for sRECs was lost and delayed for a long time.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! The SREC process is known to be lengthy so delays are often from within that organization, which Sun Badger has no control over. It was a pleasure doing business with you and we appreciate the referrals! If you haven't already, please download our Sun Badger Solar app to start earning rewards for those referrals!

Kyle Meise Middleton, WI

Overall I am very pleased with how clearly each step was communicated from day one. The installation turned out excellent, and power up was a breeze. I’m very excited to see everything working as promised, and especially happy that my new meter is actually counting backwards for the first time ever. Here’s to many years as a happy customer, thank you SunBadger team!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you Kyle for choosing Sun Badger to go solar with! Your system looks great and is producing wonderfully! We look forward to many decades of sunny days for you!

Matt K Saint Michael, MN

We were very satisfied with the overall experience in working with Sun Badger. All the people involved in the process were very helpful along the way. They educated us on how the whole solar power system worked and answered any questions we had in a very timely manner. I'd recommend Solar Badger to anyone who is thinking about going solar in the future.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your compliments Matt! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are informed on the products and process of going solar, and are also satisfied with their end result! We are happy to have met these standards for you. Congratulations on going solar and don't forget to use our Sun Badger app to spread the word!

Jun. 7th, 2021

Dave Klocke Hastings, MN

The best part of my experience was the one day install for my system. The system is up and running now and looks good. The people I worked with were all friendly and professional. Disappointments included a significant delay in install compared with promised and the need for a few return visits by electricians and power company to satisfy inspectors. The company indicates they have made some adjustments to improve these issues. I would rate between 3-4 stars where five stars would have been best price, accurate install date, and flawless install with all inspections passed the first go around.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback. You have a high quality system that will produce savings for you for years to come! We appreciate your patience through some of the delays, and we look forward to many sunny days ahead for you!

Apr. 16th, 2021

Daniel Zientara Lakeville, MN

I original chose Sun Badger because they were the lowest cost of four different quotes I got. Their service, hardware, and software is great. The installers did a great job. The install happened later than we expected, but Sun Badger paid my electricity bill from the time when the install was originally schedule for and the date of when the system came online.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the review! We are very excited for the sunny days ahead for you! Congratulations on going solar, and thank you for choosing Sun Badger!

Mar. 17th, 2021

Josh Graminske Sheboygan, WI

We worked with Tristan and the sun badger team to install a solar power generating system on our roof. As our electricity usage is so high, we needed quite a few panels, which are split over the roof of our house and our detached shop. We were highly impressed with the entire team, from sales, to permitting, to installation! They made it a seamless process. We would definitely recommend Sun Badger Solar to anyone looking to get solar panels installed on their home!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so pleased to hear this feedback! Hopefully through the referral program on our app you will see more money back in your pockets too! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us!

Jan. 18th, 2021

Jake Richards Muskego, WI

Our experience with Sun Badger Solar was superb. From the initial sales presentation with Jarred all the way through to the closeout with Lindsey, Sun Badger exceeded our expectations. Ryan and his installation team were professional, courteous and efficient with their install, working through inclement weather and always communicating with us on the progress. We obtained multiple quotes from various contractors and ultimately went with Sun Badger because of their dedication to customer care and transparency. 10 out of 10 experience and highly recommend them for your solar journey.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It was a pleasure working with you both! We are happy to hear that the process from start to end has exceeded your expectations! Also, don't forget about the amazing rewards program! ☀️ If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us!

Dec. 14th, 2020

Woody Thiensville, WI

Installation was quick. Team professional. Good software and customer support

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! Sun Badger Solar has a dedicated Solar Success team that ensures the satisfaction of their customers and are here to support you!

Greg Bisbee Oconomowoc, WI

Great communication through the entire process & excellent work.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Greg and congratulations on going solar! We look forward to many sunny years ahead for you!

Janet M Sairs Racine, WI

Walked us through the process, also recognized for excellent work by inspector & electrician.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you Janet! Congratulations on going solar and thank you for choosing Sun Badger to work with.

Rob Glazier Mukwonago, WI

They were easy to work with, communicated clearly, and the installation was very well done.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you Rob! It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to many sunny years ahead for you! Don't forget to use our referral program and spread the word of going solar!

Timothy Johnson De Pere, WI

Did a great job installing and set up. They also showed me how to monitor the system.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! We are likewise here to help answer any questions going forward. Congratulations on going solar!

Jim Kohli Waukesha, WI

The Sun Badger Solar team was professional, courteous, and very clear on process, timing, and paperwork. It was a solid engagement.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you so much for your kind review Jim! It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to working with your future referrals! Congratulations on going solar!

Apr. 15th, 2022

Frank Stanek Madison, WI

The process took longer than expected, but they did communicate the entire time. We had a leak issue afterwards that caused some damage though

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We understand that there were some permitting delays with your municipality, but happy to hear you were communicated with during this process! Please reach out to our service department if you ever have any issues relating to your solar project- [email protected]

Lisa Kregel Minneapolis, MN

Disorganized at times, my installation pushed into next calendar year delaying my rebates by a full year. But the panels are producing well.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your feedback Lisa! We have already made some adjustments to our growing MN market to account for some of these delays. We appreciate your patience and understanding through the project, and know that over the next few decades you will see that your high quality system will continue to produce solar energy for your home!

Ajay Gupta Wilmette, IL

Excellent customer service, very responsive. Everything was delivered as promised. Would enthusiastically recommend without hesitatio.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing this feedback! Don't forget to download our Sun Badger Solar app to participate in our referral program, as well as have access to your system's warranties and the monitoring app! We look forward to many sunny years to come for you!

Barbara Buckley Bradenton, FL

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your feedback Barb! It was also a pleasure working with you! Don't forget about our referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app and congratulations on going solar!

John Scheel Muskego, WI

Installation went great. System is working well and sized so my production slightly exceeded my consumption the first full month.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your systems energy production in the first full month, and how exciting that your system is over producing! Here's to many more sunny years ahead! Thank you for choosing to go solar with Sun Badger!

Dominique Reyes

The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. They even sent me swag months after my panels were completed. So thoughtful!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy the swag during these sunny, summer days! :)

Jay Mews Saint Paul, MN

Installation went well: crew friendly and professional. The biggest issue was not getting a heads-up on material drop off and confirming work start date.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback! Our new project management software that was recently put in place, should alleviate some of those communication errors. We do get excited for installation day though! :)

Feb. 19th, 2021

Pam Deleskiewicz Wood Dale, IL

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Pam!! Don't forget about our referral program to earn extra rewards! Congratulations on going solar :)

Feb. 10th, 2021

Carl Cacciatore Rockford, IL

very satisfied with my system. It delivers as promised. The only complaint I may have is that when it snows it interfers with the power collection.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Carl! Yes, your system is right on track to produce as predicted! We do take into consideration snow interference when creating these predictions for your annual offset. Stay sunny!

Feb. 9th, 2021

Neil szalewski Milwaukee, WI

Customer support. Communication. The entire process was easy and sun badger was able to meet my requirements and answer any questions along the way.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are pleased to hear it was a seamless process for you! Don't forget about our referral program to earn extra rewards!

Ben Tolsky Middleton, WI

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for your feedback Ben! It was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 9th, 2021

Rohan Pradhan Verona, WI

My friend recommended this company for solar panel installation. Overall, we were extremely satisfied with the project from start to finish. We received frequent project updates and all the required paperwork was completed by the company. The installation team did a thorough job and took all the safety precautions to complete the project.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! Your solar array looks beautiful on your home! ☀️ Congratulations on going solar!

Jun. 7th, 2021

Utpal Patel Forney, TX

Honesty and exceptional customer service, no force selling, Quality of installation and varieties of Panel selections to meet for budget. The only negative is the time taken after installation to activate the system. It took almost 6 weeks after installation to activate the service due to issues with ComEd paperwork.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review and congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 1st, 2021

liesl

Everyone was great. Great product with a descent price.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with us! :) Please don't forget about our referral program!

May. 24th, 2022

Troy Gray Neenah, WI

Freindly service easy to talk to good experience overall

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Congratulations on going solar! We look forward to many sunny days ahead for you! Don't forget about our referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app!

Laurence Wojnicz Kenosha, WI

Very transparent and honest with the process

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! Don't forget to use our referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app to continue to spread the word of going solar!

Michael Beyer Naples, FL

Overall positive experience. Responsive to issues.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! We are always here to help answer questions or diagnose any issues that may arise beyond the system being energized! Stay sunny!

Brandon LeBlanc Madison, WI

I like that this company didn't press me to buy from them, and also would not sell unless it made sense/had value for me. I disliked that on install the foreman was not here, but the install crew were more than competent enough to answer all of my questions/concerns.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks Brandon! Our sales consultants are very knowledgable on the products in this industry, and are only going to sell solar if it makes sense for you, our customers. We are pleased to hear you had a great experience and thank you for choosing Sun Badger to go solar with!!

Oct. 13th, 2021

Joshua Hoverman Chicago, IL

Sun Badger did a great job from start to finish. There was very limited effort required on my part during the entire duration. I especially appreciated the level and frequency of communication from various functions within the team. Additionally, the sales process was incredibly low pressure and informative.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Our goal is to make this an easy process for our customers and to ensure you are communicated with each step along the way. Thank you for choosing Sun Badger Solar and for being an advocate for us! Your referrals will absolutely receive the same experience that you had!

Oct. 4th, 2021

Jean Janesville, WI

the sales was great, no pressure, but customer service could use an improvement/communication

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and are always striving to improve wherever we can. Stay sunny!

Bruce Petros Kaukauna, WI

Highly professional, easy to communicate with and always did clean work.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Congratulations on going solar and thank you for sharing this feedback! It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to many sunny years ahead for you!

Lindsay Pederson Shakopee, MN

They were great at communicating next steps to me and worked hard to make me happy with my project.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing this feedback! We understand that each of our customers have different needs for communication, and we strive to meet those each individually. Our goal is to keep you informed throughout the entire project and I'm happy to hear we did that for you! Congratulations on going solar!

Ryan Lake Villa, IL

Lackluster communication, imperfect execution, several changes from original plans with very limited and inconsistent communication. I had read several good reviews so maybe me experience was an outlier.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Ryan. Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project. We apologize that we did not meet these standards for you. We strive to communicate each step along the way of your project, and that starts with our onboarding process. I hope that your high quality system will continue to show you that Sun Badger Solar was the right choice, and if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out!