Solar Negotiators Logo

Solar Negotiators

6.7

LAST UPDATED: November 19th, 2021

Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Fresno, California, Solar Negotiators offers PV solar system consultation services for residential and commercial property owners in the Central San Joaquin Valley. The company, which was started by a U.S. Marine and employs several veterans, specializes in solar purchases, as opposed to leases and power purchase agreements.

Solar Negotiators is active in its community and supports many other local businesses, schools, and nonprofits through monthly sponsorships, partnerships, and promotional events.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right

The Good

• Free Solar Consultations
  • Emphasis on Customer Service
  • Wide Network of Financiers
  • In-House Installations
  • Long-Term Services

Free Solar Consultations

Solar Negotiators offers free, no-obligation consultations for potential clients. During the consultation, one of the company’s qualified team members will listen to and assess the client’s needs, review past energy consumption, and perform a site walk to determine necessary system size, direction, and pitch. The Solar Negotiators team member will also be able to provide system price quotes during the consultation.

Emphasis on Customer Service

Solar Negotiators aims to provide a high level of customer service and support for its clients. Each Solar Negotiators client is connected with a project manager who will work with them from start to finish of the project. The project manager will communicate weekly with the client to understand expectations, inform on next steps, answer questions, and address any concerns that may arise.

Wide Network of Financiers

The company has a network of financing companies that it can connect its clients with in order to find solar options that fit their needs. Using the power of its network, the company can secure competitive pricing, as well as attractive financing rates and terms.

In-House Installations

Solar Negotiators performs all solar installation in-house. The company does not work with subcontractors or other third-parties. In-house installations allows Solar Negotiators to better ensure the quality of its systems. Contractors handle the initial consultation and design, implementation and mounting, and subsequent monitoring and support of every Solar Negotiators solar energy system.

Long-Term Services

Even after the installation is complete, Solar Negotiators provides a variety of professional services at no additional cost, including lifetime annual professional system cleanings, lifetime active monitoring with in-house support, lifetime annual visual system inspections, and a double-protection warranty.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Currently, Solar Negotiators focuses its efforts in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California, which means those outside of this service area will not be able to do business with the company at this point.

The Bottom Line

Solar Negotiators gives customers access to a wide network of financiers to help secure solar solutions that fit its clients needs. The company handles the installation process itself, and places an emphasis on customer service through several post-installation services built into the cost of the system. For those who live within the company’s area of operation in the Central San Joaquin Valley, the free consultation may be worth taking advantage of.

Lyn Stonehouse Fresno, CA

Customer service and quality of service. The whole team takes pride in their work, product and company. I was kept informed and updated throughout the entire process. Very personable. On schedule. By completion of installation, I knew everyone on the team on a first name basis. They are like a family and care about the customer. Very professional.

Wendy Manzo Fresno, CA

Our experience with Solar Negotiators was outstanding from start to finish. Their customer service was fantastic. Every person we worked with, from sales to office personnel, engineers to work crews, treated us and our home with care and respect. We are very happy with Solar Negotiators, the services they provided, the way we were treated, and will absolutely recommend them to others.

Dennis

Solar Negotiators installed our solar panels two years ago and we have been 100% satisfied! The first quoted us for a system that would give us 80% of our P.G. @E yearly bill. I had them design a system covering 110% of our yearly bill…we have not had a bill since we got the system. The install was fist and very professional, we are very happy with our system!

Michael

I don’t know much about equipment but it all looks pretty solid. They answered every questions I had and did the best they could to get everything done. It did take a little longer than I thought but that wasn’t their fault. The guys that did the jojb were very good and professional and friendly. I’ve got nothing but good things to say about them.

Ralph

Every step of the way, they were with me by phone or text or email. I was always sure of the next step in the process. I was getting calls from the vice president of the company. There have been no problems. There were little hick ups here and there when it was being installed, but they overcame them in a timely manner. I am confident that the system is running. It has been a pleasure to work with them.

Sue

I know a couple of employees and they all speak highly of the company. When we work with a company, integrity is important to us. They have kept in touch and are always responsive. They told us what to expect with installation and they did exactly that. The installers were prompt and considerate. The performance of the units is great. It has certainly lowered out bills. It is comforting that they stand by their product and do maintenance.

Brad

After talking to three different companies I found that solar negotiators offer the best product for the best price and have the best service. On our previous home we had sun run and we had a couple of issues with the company. Customer support walked us through the whole process. One lady put the app on my phone and explained how it worked. It’s been excellent.

Sal

Installation went super smooth. They gave me a date and on that date they showed up and did the work and cleaned up after themselves. Everything was great. I haven’t had any problems with the system. I was able to get exactly the products I could get with someone else with a big discount. I have recommended them to a few people and anybody who was worked with them has been very happy. I am extremely happy. They are really good.

Sandra

All the people that work for solar negotiators are all very friendly and knowledgeable. Whenever you call with a question, if they do not know the answer, they find it and call you back. They are always very helpful. We have enjoyed the experience of working with them. We had a different company in our previous house and we were not happy with that company. Getting solar negotiators was really easy and straightforward. We got all the permits and they took care of all the paperwork. The panels work really well. We get really good results. Our bill is usually zero.

Troy & Dominique

They are honest and have good prices. Customer service is very prompt and informative and they let you know what is going on. Installing it want extremely well. It was super quick and easy. I was very aware what was going on the whole time. It is the best deal on the best size and quality of panels. It has worked out really well. It is an A plus team.

Tina McDonald Fresno, CA

Our system was just installed so we haven’t used it yet. But this company was extremely friendly, prompt, and here on the date they had originally set. They were highly recommended to us by family and we will recommend the owner Chris to our friends and family.

Kara Salinas Los Banos, CA

They were honest and very helpful through the whole process. I always knew what to expect and what was to come next. I got quotes from 3 different solar companies and Solar negotiators offered the best warranties both on there work and on the panels. Also, chuck, my salesmen, was not pushy at all. It was overall a great experience!!

Michelle Holmes Dos Palos, CA

I had 2 other solar companies evaluate my home for solar, I chose Solar Negotiators because the price for the panels was great and they were very professional. They made the entire experience from the quote to financing and installation very easy.

Alexandria Fresno, CA

Service, cost & quality. All 3 are equally important and we were very pleased with Solar Negotiators in all 3 aspects. We have a very affordable monthly payment and our panels made our PGnE bill disappear... we are saving hundreds a month and keeping the house more comfortable year round.

Hipolito

Every time I call, someone is always available. They are professionals. From the beginning they were very open to explained everything in detail. They took their time explaining it to me as someone that didn’t know anything about solar.

Harry

This company is very trustworthy. I’ve had no problems with them. They are very honest with wah they were doing and they’ve come through on everything they said. They are excellent to work with. The installers were clean and professional and everything looks good.

Anne

The only time I need to call customer service is to schedule an appointment to get my solar panels cleaned and they are very efficient getting it taken care of. I was surprised how quick they were installing the panels and we actually generate more energy than we need.

Jeff

Compared to the five different companies I looked at, they are the best service. The service is great as is the price. The system has been doing great. There was one thing that wasn’t working and they took care of it really quickly.

Dante

Panels seem to be producing the accurate amount I was quoted. The CEO is very personable and took the time out of his day to give the quote. Customer support is always proactive in reaching out to me to stay on top of things.

Joanne

I’m very pleased with it. Everything seems to be working well. I can monitor the system online and they are also monitoring it. Customer service is good, they check in within my periodically to let me know everything is working properly.

I’ve recommended solar negotiators to other residents who have installed it. It’s been a really good experience overall. Installation crew completed their work quickly. The project managers assigned to me were very informative and kept me up to date on all aspects of the project. They were very up front about the entire process.

Tommie & Thomas

We researched other companies and a family member told us they used solar negotiators and they were very happy with them. Their customer service is great. Our person went above and beyond. Everybody is very enthusiastic and willing to help. Their a local company that is thriving. I would recommend them to everyone.

John

For my job they used LG panels and LG is the top of the industry right now. They have the best price for the quality of the product. Also their customer service is exceptional. Every time I needed to get service, I was scheduled in a timely manner. I get all the work completed.

Randy Reyes

I recently had an issue with monitoring capability regarding my inverter. After talking with Solar Negotiators they discovered an issue with my panels not being mapped. I also found out that the company that installed my panels that was under contract with solar negotiators installed my inverter with no monitoring capability that was not disclosed to me when they installed them. Now its costing me an additional $ 450 dollars to install a chip to allow the inverter to monitor my panels. I think solar negotiators are somewhat responsible when they specify to their contractors to disclose whether an inverter has monitoring capability before its installed .

john

Watching out for you, while knowing they are in business. In fact I received a call from them today informing me of how my system was operating, and it has been installed for over 18 months. They watch out for you. RJ is great!!

Anna De Benedetto

We had an amazing experience after interviewing sever other solar providers. The price was unbeatable and the level of personal service was spot on! Love the app that they set up to monitor our solar production. We have recommended Solar Negotiators to family and friends that are interested in a Solar option for their home.

Chuck

In general, working with solar negotiators has been fairly positive. I’ve only has one issue when the answer I received was less than professional and acceptable but other than that is has been very smooth and very cost effective.

Michael

Their customer service is the number one aspect of the company. Whenever there is an issue, I call and within 15 to 20 minutes, they call back and have addressed the issue., They always take care of anything very fast. We had an issue with the air conditioning and they fixed it immediately.

Doug & Lynn

Don’t know much about solar equipment but what we have works great. It is wonderful and we’re happy with it. They are really nice people to deal with and the people they have come out and do the work are really nice too. I like the company.

Don

Its been a couple of years since we got solar negotiators. They’ve been very proactive when I have system components fail. They take the initiative to replace them under the warranty. It went up quickly and they painted the conduit to match the wall so it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb. Overall I think it is a good value.

Yanet & Alex

After four or five years, we’ve never had an issue. We are always producing as much power as we can. They are always monitoring to make sure we are always producing as much as possible. They always get back to me as quickly as possible. They are always able to resolve my problems.

Melanie & Michael

There have been a couple of times when they said they were going to call me back and it took a few times before somebody called me. Everything has been straightened out now. I haven’t had any issues with the equipment and installation was pretty smooth.

Holly

Local based company so I’ve recommended them to several different people because I feel they are the best company. The system I had installed exceeded my expectations. Installation was beautiful and the process was painless. Any questions I have had, they are happy to find the answer so they can deal with it.

Wayne

I went through three panels before they got a new panel that actually stayed on because they were defective but they were very friendly and knowledgeable and came to fix the problem regardless of how many times I had to call them.

Jeff

The sales person we had didn’t give us high stakes pressure like so many other solar companies do. I have been very happy with them. We had a bad converter and they replaced it in a couple of weeks. The support staff is very responsive. It works very well.

Debbie

Much cheaper than paying for something else. It is the best price and the shortest amount of time to get it done. It went smoothly. I had one issue where they did not label my fuse box properly ad they came back and fixed it. It has been a little over a year now and I think the product is better than others. They contact me regularly for cleaning.

Steven

Great support team, from the people that monitor you system to the people that come out and do the maintenance they are all around great supports. They were ahead of schedule when they installed it. The equipment I understand.

Jared

They are very helpful and handle everything. All the permits, they saw to. They are were knowledgeable and helpful when it came to deciding what kind of panels and system was best for me. Anytime I have questions, they are right there to help me through it. I have had it for five or six years.

After looking around for a long time we went with them because they are always there and immediately return your call and take care of something if something needs to be taken care of. They’re wonderful people to work with.

Curtis

Very sturdy equipment. All the equipment is accessible and easy to read. The panels have been pretty good. All the people I have dealt with are very professional and courteous and will respond to questions. They respond positively in every way whenever I ask them for help, whether it be dirty panels or whatever.

Don

We talked to several companies solar negotiators’ salesperson was the only honest one that told us exactly what we needed and laid everything out. Customer support is very good. We have had some issues where the power is out over night but I don’t believe that it their fault.

Maverick

Every time something comes up or I need an answer, they’re on the phone and I appreciate that. I don’t have to wait to call them back. They are good and professional and in a timely manner. I am a satisfied customer. Solar Negotiators is best for my needs.

Tyler

We didn’t have any issues wit the installed of the equipment. That was quick and easy. The equipment is working properly and it has been six years now. They have stayed in contact and always call me before they come out to do the cleaning.

Cindy

I really like them and the services they offer and the timing they could do it and the price. They did a great job with installation. It is working perfectly and covering our electric bill. They have been there for us every time I call.

Dennis And Michelle

There is nobody that can do better service then Solar Negotiators. They have lived up to all my expectations. We’ve had it for six years. Everything seems to be good. It produces all the power they told me it would. Installation went quick and smooth.

Jon

I recommend them to everybody. They are fantastic. They take care of everything. When my transformer went done, they called me because I didn’t know it happened and they put tin a higher wattage panel without charging me extra.

Fred And Kellie

The price is incredibly good compared to the competition. They are very professional. The equipment seems to work. There was one problem and they came out and fixed as it was under warranty. Otherwise it has been maintenance. Everyone I have recommended it to has signed up.

Victor

Whenever we have any technical support, they give us a call and come right away. It has only been minor things. The solar panels look a lot nicer than other ones. I would like it if they could come down on the price a little.

John Jordan Fresno, CA

I felt communication was good. They came when they said they would. They did all that was expected. The individuals I worked with were friendly and approachable. They did good follow up.

Lori Hastings Fresno, CA

The whole experience from start to finish was effortless. Everything was explained and they treated me like family. Awesome company!! I have the best looking panels on the block!!