Solar Negotiators

8.5

Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Fresno, California, Solar Negotiators offers PV solar system consultation services for residential and commercial property owners in the Central San Joaquin Valley. The company, which was started by a U.S. Marine and employs several veterans, specializes in solar purchases, as opposed to leases and power purchase agreements.

Solar Negotiators is active in its community and supports many other local businesses, schools, and nonprofits through monthly sponsorships, partnerships, and promotional events.

The Good

• Free Solar Consultations
  • Emphasis on Customer Service
  • Wide Network of Financiers
  • In-House Installations
  • Long-Term Services

Free Solar Consultations

Solar Negotiators offers free, no-obligation consultations for potential clients. During the consultation, one of the company’s qualified team members will listen to and assess the client’s needs, review past energy consumption, and perform a site walk to determine necessary system size, direction, and pitch. The Solar Negotiators team member will also be able to provide system price quotes during the consultation.

Emphasis on Customer Service

Solar Negotiators aims to provide a high level of customer service and support for its clients. Each Solar Negotiators client is connected with a project manager who will work with them from start to finish of the project. The project manager will communicate weekly with the client to understand expectations, inform on next steps, answer questions, and address any concerns that may arise.

Wide Network of Financiers

The company has a network of financing companies that it can connect its clients with in order to find solar options that fit their needs. Using the power of its network, the company can secure competitive pricing, as well as attractive financing rates and terms.

In-House Installations

Solar Negotiators performs all solar installation in-house. The company does not work with subcontractors or other third-parties. In-house installations allows Solar Negotiators to better ensure the quality of its systems. Contractors handle the initial consultation and design, implementation and mounting, and subsequent monitoring and support of every Solar Negotiators solar energy system.

Long-Term Services

Even after the installation is complete, Solar Negotiators provides a variety of professional services at no additional cost, including lifetime annual professional system cleanings, lifetime active monitoring with in-house support, lifetime annual visual system inspections, and a double-protection warranty.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Currently, Solar Negotiators focuses its efforts in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California, which means those outside of this service area will not be able to do business with the company at this point.

The Bottom Line

Solar Negotiators gives customers access to a wide network of financiers to help secure solar solutions that fit its clients needs. The company handles the installation process itself, and places an emphasis on customer service through several post-installation services built into the cost of the system. For those who live within the company’s area of operation in the Central San Joaquin Valley, the free consultation may be worth taking advantage of.

not_listed_location

Solar Negotiators Frequently Asked Questions

What happens to my solar if I move?

Many companies will claim that they can help relocate your solar if and when you decide to move. System removal and re-installation should be possible with most companies as long as you are moving within service range. Many companies fail to mention the labor fees associated with this work involved. After comparing costs, if you decided to move forward with this process, there are a few things you will want to consider.

Just as you and your consultant did with the original project/site, you will want to perform a thorough inspection of the new site/property:

• Is there a lot of sun exposure?
  • What type of shape is the roof in currently?
  • How much space does the roof have?

In most cases, you’ll find adjustments will have to be made to accommodate your new home. The company that provided you with your system can work with you to downsize, upgrade, or just shift panels around to make it work. This is an important step to maximize output and ensure you produce what you need to offset your usage each month.

Are there benefits of a EV + solar combo?

One of the best things about having the solar and electric car duo is taking advantage of the rate schedule. PG&E currently offers two electric vehicle rate plans for residential customers.

According to pge.com, “EV-A combines your vehicle’s electricity costs with those of your residence. EV-B involves the installation of another meter, which separates your vehicle’s electricity costs from those of your home."

These EV rate schedules are available to all residents with electric cars, whether or not they have solar. However, solar customers will notice that not only have they built their system to offset their current usage, but that they will now likely be paying much less per kilowatt than before the switch. Consumers have been known to save anywhere from 30%–50% of their monthly cost in energy when switching, and it has a minimal effect on your daily usage patterns. This is due to a lower rate charged per tier, and a small change in peak/off-peak hours.

How does net metering work?

Your electric meter is “bidirectional.” Your electric meter runs backward as it measures the energy you produce from your solar system, crediting you for production. But, it also will run forward each time you need to pull electricity from the grid. PG&E will take your “net” energy difference, and it will be reflected on your monthly utility bill. You will be credited the same value per watt for energy produced as you’re being charged when you consume.

Message from
Solar Negotiators

Solar Negotiators wants to help homeowners better manage their energy through solar power. The company leads its local market in terms of solar service, technology, and research. From the initial sales consultation to proactively monitoring your solar production years down the road — we make sure you are in the best of hands. We ensure your system maximizes the sun's potential through a combination of design, pricing and, most importantly, maintenance services. Our team is here to help you navigate the unknowns of solar, and we work hard to simplify what can be a complicated process. Our sales team views your initial consultation as an opportunity to educate you, rather than sell you on solar. We want all our customers to make an informed decision and ultimately feel confident about their solar purchase. Solar Negotiators makes it our mission to set our clients up for solar success. That's why we're the only company to include LIFETIME human monitoring and maintenance in every contract. We account for the potential threats to your solar production by protecting you with a Pros Membership.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

bookmark

Featured Review

John Wettlaufer

Service and follow up. Value. Cleaning was professional, installation and clean up fantastic.

Reply from Solar Negotiators

Hi John, thank you so much for your positive feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us with anything you need in the future!

Jan. 5th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Don

Its been a couple of years since we got solar negotiators. They’ve been very proactive when I have system components fail. They take the initiative to replace them under the warranty. It went up quickly and they painted the conduit to match the wall so it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb. Overall I think it is a good value.

Wendy Manzo Fresno, CA

Our experience with Solar Negotiators was outstanding from start to finish. Their customer service was fantastic. Every person we worked with, from sales to office personnel, engineers to work crews, treated us and our home with care and respect. We are very happy with Solar Negotiators, the services they provided, the way we were treated, and will absolutely recommend them to others.

Lyn Stonehouse Fresno, CA

Customer service and quality of service. The whole team takes pride in their work, product and company. I was kept informed and updated throughout the entire process. Very personable. On schedule. By completion of installation, I knew everyone on the team on a first name basis. They are like a family and care about the customer. Very professional.

John Jordan Fresno, CA

I felt communication was good. They came when they said they would. They did all that was expected. The individuals I worked with were friendly and approachable. They did good follow up.

Michelle Holmes Dos Palos, CA

I had 2 other solar companies evaluate my home for solar, I chose Solar Negotiators because the price for the panels was great and they were very professional. They made the entire experience from the quote to financing and installation very easy.

Tina McDonald Fresno, CA

Our system was just installed so we haven’t used it yet. But this company was extremely friendly, prompt, and here on the date they had originally set. They were highly recommended to us by family and we will recommend the owner Chris to our friends and family.

Kara Salinas Los Banos, CA

They were honest and very helpful through the whole process. I always knew what to expect and what was to come next. I got quotes from 3 different solar companies and Solar negotiators offered the best warranties both on there work and on the panels. Also, chuck, my salesmen, was not pushy at all. It was overall a great experience!!

Alexandria Fresno, CA

Service, cost & quality. All 3 are equally important and we were very pleased with Solar Negotiators in all 3 aspects. We have a very affordable monthly payment and our panels made our PGnE bill disappear... we are saving hundreds a month and keeping the house more comfortable year round.

Lori Hastings Fresno, CA

The whole experience from start to finish was effortless. Everything was explained and they treated me like family. Awesome company!! I have the best looking panels on the block!!

Melissa Garabedian Fresno, CA

They were up front and honest right from the beginning. I never felt pressured to buy and the whole process was so easy! I was kept informed every step of the way. Would definitely recommend them!

Lisa Dauer Fresno, CA

Solar Negotiators is a top quality company, with top quality service. They do a great job of monitoring our solar and if something needs to be fixed, they don't waste any time. They are a very professional company!

Jackie Sargent Fresno, CA

I’m so impressed with the product thy sell. Their service after the sale. I’ve since sold my home that they put solar on, but I’m having them clean the panels on my new home! This is a GREAT COMPANY!

Vivian Aldridge and Craig Polanowski Clovis, CA

We are extremely impressed with every aspect of our experience with Solar Negotiators. From sales to electrician to installers, we found them to be personable and professional.

Joaquin Sais Clovis, CA

Great customer service. Very informative, made us feel comfortable and accommodated our needs. Communicated with us every step of the way and handled everything for us.

Dave Cartozian Visalia, CA

They know what top notch customer service is all about and it shows. This was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had when it comes to in home service.

Susan Fresno, CA

Professional employees, timeliness, clean up after themselves. Fixed any problem we had in a time and professional manner. Stayed in touch they whole process.

. Rogelia Godinez Fresno, CA

They respond right away when you call them. They let you know what to expect and when you need to call them. They are also very friendly and professional

Randy Reyes

I recently had an issue with monitoring capability regarding my inverter. After talking with Solar Negotiators they discovered an issue with my panels not being mapped. I also found out that the company that installed my panels that was under contract with solar negotiators installed my inverter with no monitoring capability that was not disclosed to me when they installed them. Now its costing me an additional $ 450 dollars to install a chip to allow the inverter to monitor my panels. I think solar negotiators are somewhat responsible when they specify to their contractors to disclose whether an inverter has monitoring capability before its installed .

john

Watching out for you, while knowing they are in business. In fact I received a call from them today informing me of how my system was operating, and it has been installed for over 18 months. They watch out for you. RJ is great!!

Anna De Benedetto

We had an amazing experience after interviewing sever other solar providers. The price was unbeatable and the level of personal service was spot on! Love the app that they set up to monitor our solar production. We have recommended Solar Negotiators to family and friends that are interested in a Solar option for their home.

Sal

Installation went super smooth. They gave me a date and on that date they showed up and did the work and cleaned up after themselves. Everything was great. I haven’t had any problems with the system. I was able to get exactly the products I could get with someone else with a big discount. I have recommended them to a few people and anybody who was worked with them has been very happy. I am extremely happy. They are really good.

Sandra

All the people that work for solar negotiators are all very friendly and knowledgeable. Whenever you call with a question, if they do not know the answer, they find it and call you back. They are always very helpful. We have enjoyed the experience of working with them. We had a different company in our previous house and we were not happy with that company. Getting solar negotiators was really easy and straightforward. We got all the permits and they took care of all the paperwork. The panels work really well. We get really good results. Our bill is usually zero.

Troy & Dominique

They are honest and have good prices. Customer service is very prompt and informative and they let you know what is going on. Installing it want extremely well. It was super quick and easy. I was very aware what was going on the whole time. It is the best deal on the best size and quality of panels. It has worked out really well. It is an A plus team.

Patrece Sanchez Clovis, CA

I found the process to be very smooth. They took care of ever and kept me informed along the way. They were very professional!

peter maune Clovis, CA

we did have a couple hiccups along the way, but they could have arisen due to covid restrictions. no regrets and RJ was awesome.

Julienne Rynda Hanford, CA

Professional, thorough, explain system and monitoring tools, maintenance provided. Installation went well, no mess left behind. Accessible.

Norman Lee Fresno, CA

The sales repr was very congenial, knowledgeable and helpful in helping us decide on solar. The solar panel installers worked efficiently. and timely.

James Cipolla Fresno, CA

Easy to work with, complete explanation of product and services, great price, only company to include an include annual cleaning.

Richard Overholt II Fresno, CA

Great communication and installers took a lot of care. System has delivered as promised. Maybe a little better than promised so far.

Steve Miller Fresno, CA

The team at solar negotiators is the best. They have Amazing service and they operate with the highest ethics and integrity.

Anthony Catalan Firebaugh, CA

Solar Negotiators are professional, efficient and friendly. They answered all of my questions and helped me through every step of the process.

Michael Roubicek Fresno, CA

Efficient, cooperative, available. Extra support with questions. Well designed system. Worked well in tandem with the roofers.

Amelia Ann Gilardi Sanger, CA

Great customer support-answered all my questions promptly. Worked with me to make it affordable to purchase my solar panels.

Glenda Jacobsen Fresno, CA

Helpful when I need it, the salesman weren't pushy, explained everything in great detail, and I'm happy with my solar project.

Chi Fresno, CA

Low price compare to other. They are easy to contact and are easy to talk to. How they explain thing, it's easy to understand.

Damian Rivera Fresno, CA

Amazing service. They continue to follow up with us to make sure everything is correct. They always answer our questions or concerns quickly.

Mike

Pretty painless purchase process and installation. Company also schedules an annual cleaning without charge. Customer service has always been great every step of the way, even now with the two annual cleanings.

Reply from Solar Negotiators

Thank you for your review Mike!

Jan. 5th, 2021

Doug & Lynn

Don’t know much about solar equipment but what we have works great. It is wonderful and we’re happy with it. They are really nice people to deal with and the people they have come out and do the work are really nice too. I like the company.

Chuck

In general, working with solar negotiators has been fairly positive. I’ve only has one issue when the answer I received was less than professional and acceptable but other than that is has been very smooth and very cost effective.

Michael

Their customer service is the number one aspect of the company. Whenever there is an issue, I call and within 15 to 20 minutes, they call back and have addressed the issue., They always take care of anything very fast. We had an issue with the air conditioning and they fixed it immediately.

Yanet & Alex

After four or five years, we’ve never had an issue. We are always producing as much power as we can. They are always monitoring to make sure we are always producing as much as possible. They always get back to me as quickly as possible. They are always able to resolve my problems.

Melanie & Michael

There have been a couple of times when they said they were going to call me back and it took a few times before somebody called me. Everything has been straightened out now. I haven’t had any issues with the equipment and installation was pretty smooth.

Wayne

I went through three panels before they got a new panel that actually stayed on because they were defective but they were very friendly and knowledgeable and came to fix the problem regardless of how many times I had to call them.

Steven

Great support team, from the people that monitor you system to the people that come out and do the maintenance they are all around great supports. They were ahead of schedule when they installed it. The equipment I understand.

Jeff

The sales person we had didn’t give us high stakes pressure like so many other solar companies do. I have been very happy with them. We had a bad converter and they replaced it in a couple of weeks. The support staff is very responsive. It works very well.

Holly

Local based company so I’ve recommended them to several different people because I feel they are the best company. The system I had installed exceeded my expectations. Installation was beautiful and the process was painless. Any questions I have had, they are happy to find the answer so they can deal with it.

Debbie

Much cheaper than paying for something else. It is the best price and the shortest amount of time to get it done. It went smoothly. I had one issue where they did not label my fuse box properly ad they came back and fixed it. It has been a little over a year now and I think the product is better than others. They contact me regularly for cleaning.

Tyler

We didn’t have any issues wit the installed of the equipment. That was quick and easy. The equipment is working properly and it has been six years now. They have stayed in contact and always call me before they come out to do the cleaning.

Jared

They are very helpful and handle everything. All the permits, they saw to. They are were knowledgeable and helpful when it came to deciding what kind of panels and system was best for me. Anytime I have questions, they are right there to help me through it. I have had it for five or six years.