Founded in 2012, Solar in America is a solar provider with a passion for assisting others; since its inception, the renewable energy company has helped thousands of people receive quality solar quotes and installations.

Solar in America's goal is to contribute to a healthier future for the environment through clean energy while giving customers the opportunity to save as much money as possible with a solar PV system. The company provides a money-back energy performance guarantee, as well as warrants all of its roofing work.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • System Monitoring
  • Emphasis on Customer Service
  • Moving Options
  • Extensive Availability
  • Additional Services

High Quality Equipment

Solar in America offers some of the best solar equipment currently available on the market, including SunPower solar panels with exceptional module efficiency ratings and SolarEdge inverters.

For its solar systems, Solar in America only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, Canada, China, and the United States. In addition to SunPower panels, the company also offers products from Hanwha, LG, Trina, and SolarWorld. Both rooftop and ground mount systems are available, and each system is custom designed by one of Solar in America's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Variety of Payment Options

When it comes to payment options, Solar in America provides customers when several ways to fund a solar energy system. The company offers outright purchases, loans, PACE financing, leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs) with terms ranging from 5 to 25 years, which means that customers have the ability to choose the option that best fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Solar in America offers some of the longest warranties in the solar industry, including a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor. Not all solar companies in the industry offer such lengthy, comprehensive warranties.

System Monitoring

Each solar system installed by Solar in America comes with around-the-clock online monitoring, which means that customers can check up on their system's performance and ensure that everything is working as it should be from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Emphasis on Customer Service

Solar in America strives to provide an exceptional customer experience and regularly checks in with its customers to update them on how their solar project is coming along.

Additionally, the clean energy company will take care of all necessary paperwork and permitting to make the installation process as simple and hassle-free as possible for the customer, as well as ensure that the customer receives all of the tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are eligible for.

If a customer runs into any problems or inconveniences, Solar in America will work to settle them as quickly as possible.

Moving Options

Solar in America presents its customers with a variety of options in the event that they need to move before their solar loan is paid off or their lease is up.

The homeowner can either choose to transfer the solar PV system to the new homeowner, who will then take over any remaining payments, or take the system with them to their new residence. However, there is a fee to move the system, which covers the removal, transfer, and re-installation of the solar panels. Additionally, if a customer chooses to move their solar photovoltaic system, they'll need to stay within the same utility for net metering purposes and cannot downsize their system.

For solar power systems that are owned outright, the house will likely sell at a premium and the remainder of the warranties will transfer to the new homeowner.

Extensive Availability

While most solar companies operate in a small service area, Solar in America offers solar systems in several states across the country. Currently, homeowners in the following states have the ability to work with Solar in America:

• Arizona
  • Minnesota
  • New Jersey
  • Texas

Additional Services

In addition to solar energy systems, Solar in America also provides roofing services and solar attic fans.

If a customer needs to have their roof replaced before having solar panels installed, Solar in America is a licensed roofing contractor and can take care of everything on its own, making the process smooth and simple for the customer.

A solar attic fan will neutralize moisture and drive out heat, which lowers HVAC costs and keeps the home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

The Bad

Relatively Basic Website

Solar in America's website is quite basic. Although the company's site does contain bits and pieces of helpful information here and there, it's not the most insightful resource and does not offer a blog section to educate potential customers about solar energy.

The Bottom Line

Solar in America offers a variety of attractive features, including high quality equipment, a variety of payment options, lengthy warranties, and solar system monitoring. The company currently offers its services in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, and Texas.

Aaron Ruiz
May 11th, 2018 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

Great comapny with very incredible prices. Highly recommend them, love their customer service .

Richard E.
May 7th, 2018 Whittier, CA DETAILS

This is a great company. They broke down the simplicity of solar for me. Then gave me more than one quote for their products. Only company which would do so for both premium & economic panels. Others just try to funnel you jntk what they want. Solar in America has good prices and great customer service. Definitely worth every penny.

Rebecca Miller
May 7th, 2018 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

Solar in America is the full package. From the very beginning of our search for a solar company to install a system on our home, SiA was by far the best and easiest to work with. They presented their system and gave us the time to make the decision. They were never pushy and always available to answer our many questions. We wanted a system that gave us maximum power generation but didn't want the front of our house covered in panels. SiA designed the perfect system for our home. Once we signed up with them the installation began within a couple of weeks. The installation went smooth and with no surprises. I highly recommend doing business with Solar in America.

Felicia Stoupher
April 30th, 2018 Manteca, CA DETAILS

Bought American made Sunpower (best brand in the industry) solar panels from them. They gave me a great price, Same as others were trying to sell the Chinese stuff. Kept to their promises on everything & offered more guarantees (only one with install guarantee) plus better warranties than others. Best solar company out there. Thank you Solar in America

Cary
April 23rd, 2018 Chico, CA DETAILS

The company is thorough and educated consumer on all possibilities. Carl L. was pleasant, responsive and efficient.

Never called?
April 16th, 2018 Lorain, OH DETAILS

Never left a message for me if they even did call

Apr 19, 2018

At the current time we do not service the State of Ohio. I do not have any information from a person in Lorain, Ohio to call back. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding. --Carl

Don't waste your time
April 16th, 2018 Crescent City, CA DETAILS

They lled and said they would work on a quote and call back, but no call back

Apr 19, 2018

This response is reckless and disturbing as we have only received one request from a person in Crescent City, CA in the last six months and this person has not answered his phone or has a unverifiable phone number. If you are that person please give us a call at 800 781 4460. Otherwise, this statement is completely untrue. --Carl Lee

April 9th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

I spoke with them about getting a consultation, but no one ever called me back.

Apr 09, 2018

Please give us a call at 800 781 4460. Or, please give me your name I will call you immediately. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks

Nani Ruiz
March 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

Loved the information they provided me with and they have really affordable prices. Thank you solar in America !!!!!

Lizette
March 9th, 2018 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

They gave me more solar panels than the competition as a result . I have seen a tremendous decrease in my eléctricas bill. I have another reason to smile on sunny days. Thanks Solar In América Thanks Frank.

Rudy
March 9th, 2018 Fremont, CA DETAILS

Frank, was very knowledgeable in the product, he had all my questions answer, no pressure sale I went with solar in America excellent company. also their fallow up was quick and on top of things

MARY K GODLEY
March 1st, 2018 Winston-Salem, NC

I sought information from Solar in America because I had noted their outstanding reviews and high rating. SO GLAD I did! Carl L. took time to listen to my concerns based on what had been presented to us by a sales representative from another solar company. Then he reviewed both what solar power was and how it worked in an understandable way. He was most patient with my learning curve and gave reasonable and rational input based on my individual circumstances. It was like talking to a friend rather than someone interested in selling me something. He really did care! Best of all, at the end of the conversation, I was able to make an educated decision! Thank you, Carl! I highly recommend connecting with Solar in America to anyone interested in solar power!

Steven Cruz
February 20th, 2018 Los Altos, CA DETAILS

Carl is a complete professional along with his team in their work and in communication. Never any surprises, they always give you the complete picture along with immediate steps in the process. Getting solar panels installed by them was probably one of the better decisions we have made. Completely satisfied and highly recommend.

Verna
February 16th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

I love Carl! He helped me every step of the way. I knew nothing about solar before. He explained everything slowly and comfortably for me. Then helped me from getting financed to updates and we even keep in touch now! Thank you soooooo much Carl.

Bashir Hashimi
February 16th, 2018 Tracy, CA DETAILS

We are located in a remote area. only found one company to come out but didn't like them. Found SIA and they were the better match i was looking for!

Sara Winstein
February 14th, 2018 San Mateo, CA DETAILS

This is the company everyone should work with. We loved dealing with them from A-Z. Took care of us better than any other company out there every step of the way. Great communication, just what we wanted!!!! Saving money also helped :)

Mike Servin
February 12th, 2018 Fremont, CA DETAILS

This company helped me go solar when other companies could not. We had bad credit and a lien on our house, but they got it done!! Love you guys at SiA!!!!

Jasmine
February 12th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

Had a consultation last week and was blown away by how much solar prices have come down since I last looked at this. It was an absolute no-brainer for me to do this. I'm very happy with my decision and will be referring my friends and family.

Em Bergman
February 9th, 2018 Clifton, VA DETAILS

We went solar through Solar in America. They did a great job. They came when they said they would. They answered all of our questions promptly. It all went smoothly and now we are basking in the sun with our meter running backwards.

Louis
February 9th, 2018 Clifton, VA DETAILS

Terrific experience. Professional, friendly, helpful staff. It was a very streamlined process and they showed up when they said they would and got it done on time. I'm so happy to have solar power!

Bill Romanski
February 8th, 2018 Santa Rosa, CA DETAILS

I bought a 26,535 watt system from them for my ranch. My average bill before going solar was over 10,000 a month because the utility company didn't have Mr on the agricultural rate plan! After going solar I'm playing less than half of that amount now!!! Thank you Jon for your great explanation on the numbers and all your help.

Michael Richard
February 7th, 2018 Tracy, CA DETAILS

I was referred to solar in America by a family member. Glad they did. Now I'm saving $50 a month on my electrical bill vs my utility company. Sweet!

drom Barry
February 5th, 2018 DETAILS

Solar in America is awesome. I've had my solar panels for 2 years now, and my energy bill has gone down a whopping 90%! The installation was easy and painless, they did it while we were out of town over a weekend. I can monitor my usage on the web. And they even called me to advise about how to save money on my electrical bill by changing to a better plan. These guys are the best!

Jacky Abraham
February 5th, 2018 Anchorage, AK DETAILS

In spite of other earlier issues, which were eventually resolved, I was concerned, because the system was significantly underproducing. Our first year ended, and total production fell short. But Sofie came through, fulfilled the company's guarantee, and added 2 panels. So far, after a little over a year after activation, the system has been mostly trouble free, and I'm saving very nicely on my electirc bills.

Bx laxman
February 5th, 2018 Anchorage, AK DETAILS

These people are excellent start to finish. They came out quickly and explained what could be done, they gave us a good, reasonable quote, they did work quickly, and got all the approvals from the city and system turn on way faster than promised. Very professional and responsive....

Suzanne R. Wyse
February 5th, 2018 Ashley, OH DETAILS

We had a terrible experience with another vendor (A1 Solar), of which the only positive outcome was that it forced us to do our research which brought us to Solar In America. I couldn't be happier with the company or their employees. Their pricing was fair, their service was great and they made adjustments as we called them out without question.

Carlos
February 5th, 2018 Dublin, CA DETAILS

good company. spanish speaker coming n i buy

jose
February 5th, 2018 Redding, CA DETAILS

Bought solar from them and had to cancel due to personal reasons. Took them a month to refund my down payment, but I got it. Wish it was faster.

Gloriya
February 1st, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

Shah was amazing with providing us with all the details on solar and the savings for me as a home owner very detailed and personal..i have been pitched by multiple companies before I met shah and none of them where able to clearly explain and convince me to go solar I'm glad i waited for the rite company..thanks for helping us save money and the earth.

Benson
January 31st, 2018 Clifton, VA DETAILS

Thank You Solar In America for installing our solar system. We have using it for the past year and we absolutely love it!! Cheers!!

schmidt
January 30th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

4. Once we were signed up, the project coordinator contacted us right away & helped us push through our HOA approval, communicated the scheduling, and basically managed all the details. The installers continued the stellar service, being professional, efficient and courteous. It's been several months since our solar panels were completed, and I've never been so gleeful about opening my electrical bill every time. Hooray YES!

Gray Brett
January 29th, 2018 Clifton, VA DETAILS

This is long overdue review, but better late than never. The team is professional and their work is reliable. Their integrity is superb and I have no problem referring them to both friends and family. Installation had some problems due to weather and schedule but the management pushed through and committed to their promises for me. Thank you

Victoria Rhodes
January 25th, 2018 DETAILS

1. No issues getting an appt. Sales rep, Dave, explained everything to us (although the hubby did his own research). We did get other bids from the best solar companies in the area but went with Solar In America for their competitive prices, plus they had the panels we were searching for. No issues with scheduling the installation, even though they had to push us out a week (understandable, due to the weather). Panels went up in less than a day and luckily they were able to have it inspected the very next day. The net metering was approved within a week. I attribute the quickness to the office filing all the paperwork with speed. We have been up and running since mid-November and have had no issues. I would definitely recommend Solar In America to anyone looking to install solar.

Kelvin Carrera
January 25th, 2018 DETAILS

I loved dealing with Mr. Shah from Solar In America. He explained solar details with a lot of patience to this old man. I highly recommend him and the company for all your solar needs.

Susan
January 22nd, 2018 Brentwood, CA DETAILS

I didn’t know if solar was right for me but after my consultation I was pleasantly surprised. The cost was way lower than I expected. I had a lot of questions that I didn’t know to ask and Jonathan was very informative. I wish I had looked at this sooner.

Jeffery Renner
January 9th, 2018 Tuolumne, CA DETAILS

Both Shah & Jon came to our house. Shah was amazing with the way he explained everything clearly & Jon went over the numbers with us which made more than perfect sense. Everything was done and my solar was ready to go within a month! Customer service was excellent & they didn't hound me for the money when I said I would send them the check next week

Bruce Douglas
January 9th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

Someone knocked on my door and I saved thousands of $$$. What a way to to spend the day at home :)

Deepka Pravinka
January 9th, 2018 Tracy, CA DETAILS

I didn't want solar. After filling out something online so many companies called me. Got 2 quotes. "Solar in America" made solar make sense, but I was still apprehensive. Shah made me feel very comfortable. He is a great guy. Decided to take the plunge & I'm happy I did. Saved hundreds off my electric bill last year. Will save more next year as my utility company just announced an increase in their rates

Ryan Mcshane
January 9th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

Now that's what I'm talking about baby!!! Way to save money and help the environment! Go solar with solar in america

lisa
January 8th, 2018 Marysville, CA DETAILS

Great customer service, good salesman, I would recommend Solar America.

Dave
January 8th, 2018 Marysville, CA DETAILS

This company has gone above and beyond what with customer service product quality and the professional installation of our solar system thanks solar America for a great job Dave in California

Ethan lau
January 8th, 2018 DETAILS

Great company! Got a free year of solar & my bill is less then before...... what more can I ask for

amir singh
January 8th, 2018 Lagunitas, CA DETAILS

Jonathan you're the man! You made the numbers make perfect sense for me. The other company/guy who came out was a joke.

Zhang Chen
January 8th, 2018 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS

Best company on bestcompany.com for solar. Can't say how much Francisco helped us out. We were turned down by other solar companies because they couldn't finance us. Finally Solar in America got us solar! Thank you so much,youve made my day!

chandra minish
January 8th, 2018 Manteca, CA DETAILS

My husband got many quotes. Finally decided to go with solar in america. They installed fast and were super easy to deal with.

Terri
January 3rd, 2018 Hercules, CA

I did not buy from Carl @ Solar in America. They did, however, educate me on solar and explain how my it wouldn't make sense to go solar because of the discounts I get with my utility company and my low usage. Very helpful & informative.

Julian
December 18th, 2017 Union City, CA

Solar in America good company after the initial visit with the salesperson I did review on the products and are excellent what they use American-made panels, I was really impressed with their knowledge of solar and the way they explained it to me they came over to my house and explain everything really well to me and my wife I did not buy solar on the first visit but I call him back and I ended up going with Solar in America......

Lucas
December 18th, 2017 Manteca, CA DETAILS

We had Solar in America out to our home for a Solar consultation and our initial skepticism was quickly turned around into excitement. We decided to pull the trigger and move forward with solar. We are saving money every month and aren't nervous about opening that pesky PG&E bill anymore. It's rare that you get exactly what is advertised but with the Solar, I feel we did. The installers were great, the savings are what were promised, and even after the install, our questions have been answered promptly. If you are on the fence if this is the right thing for you, I can't stress how happy we are. Thanks.

Kerri
December 15th, 2017 Lodi, CA DETAILS

I had gotten several quotes before meeting with Solar in America. Francisco met with us on a Sunday (we couldn't find another company that would meet on Sundays). He cleared up a lot of confusion in regards to what the other companies had told me. We felt comfortable moving forward and are so glad we decided to do so. They weren't the cheapest company, but cheap does not equal good. With their warranties and their experience, we felt them to be the best fit. We had a neighbor choose one of the "cheaper" companies, and after 6 months, they are still waiting.

Ronnie
December 15th, 2017 San Ramon, CA DETAILS

they did the solar for me at 3 separate locations, they completed one,then another and finally my commercial property. good quality work.