Founded in 2012, Solar in America is a solar provider with a passion for assisting others; since its inception, the renewable energy company has helped thousands of people receive quality solar quotes and installations.

Solar in America's goal is to contribute to a healthier future for the environment through clean energy while giving customers the opportunity to save as much money as possible with a solar PV system.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • System Monitoring
  • Emphasis on Customer Service
  • Moving Options
  • Extensive Availability
  • Additional Services

High Quality Equipment

Solar in America offers some of the best solar equipment currently available on the market, including SunPower solar panels with exceptional module efficiency ratings and SolarEdge inverters.

For its solar systems, Solar in America only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, Canada, China, and the United States. In addition to SunPower panels, the company also offers products from Hanwha, LG, Trina, and SolarWorld. Both rooftop and ground mount systems are available, and each system is custom designed by one of Solar in America's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Variety of Payment Options

When it comes to payment options, Solar in America provides customers when several ways to fund a solar energy system. The company offers outright purchases, loans, PACE financing, leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs), which means that customers have the ability to choose the option that best fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Solar in America offers some of the longest warranties in the solar industry, including a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor. Not all solar companies in the industry offer such lengthy, comprehensive warranties.

System Monitoring

Each solar system installed by Solar in America comes with around-the-clock online monitoring, which means that customers can check up on their system's performance and ensure that everything is working as it should be from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Emphasis on Customer Service

Solar in America strives to provide an exceptional customer experience and regularly checks in with its customers to update them on how their solar project is coming along.

Additionally, the clean energy company will take care of all necessary paperwork and permitting to make the installation process as simple and hassle-free as possible for the customer, as well as ensure that the customer receives all of the tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are eligible for.

If a customer runs into any problems or inconveniences, Solar in America will work to settle them as quickly as possible.

Moving Options

Solar in America presents its customers with a variety of options in the event that they need to move before their solar loan is paid off or their lease is up.

The homeowner can either choose to transfer the solar PV system to the new homeowner, who will then take over any remaining payments, or take the system with them to their new residence. However, there is a fee to move the system, which covers the removal, transfer, and re-installation of the solar panels. Additionally, if a customer chooses to move their solar photovoltaic system, they'll need to stay within the same utility for net metering purposes and cannot downsize their system.

For solar power systems that are owned outright, the house will likely sell at a premium and the remainder of the warranties will transfer to the new homeowner.

Extensive Availability

While most solar companies operate in a small service area, Solar in America offers solar systems in several states across the country. Currently, homeowners in the following states have the ability to work with Solar in America:

• Arizona
  • Vermont
  • Washington D.C.
  • Wyoming

Additional Services

In addition to solar energy systems, Solar in America also provides roofing services and solar attic fans.

If a customer needs to have their roof replaced before having solar panels installed, Solar in America is a licensed roofing contractor and can take care of everything on its own, making the process smooth and simple for the customer.

A solar attic fan will neutralize moisture and drive out heat, which lowers HVAC costs and keeps the home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

The Bad

Relatively Basic Website

Solar in America's website is quite basic. Although the company's site does contain bits and pieces of helpful information here and there, it's not the most insightful resource and does not offer a blog section to educate potential customers about solar energy.

The Bottom Line

Solar in America offers a variety of attractive features, including high quality equipment, a variety of payment options, lengthy warranties, and solar system monitoring. The company currently offers its services in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Washington D.C., and Wyoming.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar in America below.

Michael Richard
February 7th, 2018 Tracy, CA DETAILS

I was referred to solar in America by a family member. Glad they did. Now I'm saving $50 a month on my electrical bill vs my utility company. Sweet!

drom Barry
February 5th, 2018 DETAILS

Solar in America is awesome. I've had my solar panels for 2 years now, and my energy bill has gone down a whopping 90%! The installation was easy and painless, they did it while we were out of town over a weekend. I can monitor my usage on the web. And they even called me to advise about how to save money on my electrical bill by changing to a better plan. These guys are the best!

Jacky Abraham
February 5th, 2018 Anchorage, AK DETAILS

In spite of other earlier issues, which were eventually resolved, I was concerned, because the system was significantly underproducing. Our first year ended, and total production fell short. But Sofie came through, fulfilled the company's guarantee, and added 2 panels. So far, after a little over a year after activation, the system has been mostly trouble free, and I'm saving very nicely on my electirc bills.

Bx laxman
February 5th, 2018 Anchorage, AK DETAILS

These people are excellent start to finish. They came out quickly and explained what could be done, they gave us a good, reasonable quote, they did work quickly, and got all the approvals from the city and system turn on way faster than promised. Very professional and responsive....

Suzanne R. Wyse
February 5th, 2018 Ashley, OH DETAILS

We had a terrible experience with another vendor (A1 Solar), of which the only positive outcome was that it forced us to do our research which brought us to Solar In America. I couldn't be happier with the company or their employees. Their pricing was fair, their service was great and they made adjustments as we called them out without question.

Carlos
February 5th, 2018 Dublin, CA DETAILS

good company. spanish speaker coming n i buy

jose
February 5th, 2018 Redding, CA DETAILS

Bought solar from them and had to cancel due to personal reasons. Took them a month to refund my down payment, but I got it. Wish it was faster.

Gloriya
February 1st, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

Shah was amazing with providing us with all the details on solar and the savings for me as a home owner very detailed and personal..i have been pitched by multiple companies before I met shah and none of them where able to clearly explain and convince me to go solar I'm glad i waited for the rite company..thanks for helping us save money and the earth.

Benson
January 31st, 2018 Clifton, VA DETAILS

Thank You Solar In America for installing our solar system. We have using it for the past year and we absolutely love it!! Cheers!!

schmidt
January 30th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

4. Once we were signed up, the project coordinator contacted us right away & helped us push through our HOA approval, communicated the scheduling, and basically managed all the details. The installers continued the stellar service, being professional, efficient and courteous. It's been several months since our solar panels were completed, and I've never been so gleeful about opening my electrical bill every time. Hooray YES!

Gray Brett
January 29th, 2018 Clifton, VA DETAILS

This is long overdue review, but better late than never. The team is professional and their work is reliable. Their integrity is superb and I have no problem referring them to both friends and family. Installation had some problems due to weather and schedule but the management pushed through and committed to their promises for me. Thank you

Victoria Rhodes
January 25th, 2018 DETAILS

1. No issues getting an appt. Sales rep, Dave, explained everything to us (although the hubby did his own research). We did get other bids from the best solar companies in the area but went with Solar In America for their competitive prices, plus they had the panels we were searching for. No issues with scheduling the installation, even though they had to push us out a week (understandable, due to the weather). Panels went up in less than a day and luckily they were able to have it inspected the very next day. The net metering was approved within a week. I attribute the quickness to the office filing all the paperwork with speed. We have been up and running since mid-November and have had no issues. I would definitely recommend Solar In America to anyone looking to install solar.

Kelvin Carrera
January 25th, 2018 DETAILS

I loved dealing with Mr. Shah from Solar In America. He explained solar details with a lot of patience to this old man. I highly recommend him and the company for all your solar needs.

Susan
January 22nd, 2018 Brentwood, CA DETAILS

I didn’t know if solar was right for me but after my consultation I was pleasantly surprised. The cost was way lower than I expected. I had a lot of questions that I didn’t know to ask and Jonathan was very informative. I wish I had looked at this sooner.

Jeffery Renner
January 9th, 2018 Tuolumne, CA DETAILS

Both Shah & Jon came to our house. Shah was amazing with the way he explained everything clearly & Jon went over the numbers with us which made more than perfect sense. Everything was done and my solar was ready to go within a month! Customer service was excellent & they didn't hound me for the money when I said I would send them the check next week

Bruce Douglas
January 9th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

Someone knocked on my door and I saved thousands of $$$. What a way to to spend the day at home :)

Deepka Pravinka
January 9th, 2018 Tracy, CA DETAILS

I didn't want solar. After filling out something online so many companies called me. Got 2 quotes. "Solar in America" made solar make sense, but I was still apprehensive. Shah made me feel very comfortable. He is a great guy. Decided to take the plunge & I'm happy I did. Saved hundreds off my electric bill last year. Will save more next year as my utility company just announced an increase in their rates

Ryan Mcshane
January 9th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

Now that's what I'm talking about baby!!! Way to save money and help the environment! Go solar with solar in america

lisa
January 8th, 2018 Marysville, CA DETAILS

Great customer service, good salesman, I would recommend Solar America.

Dave
January 8th, 2018 Marysville, CA DETAILS

This company has gone above and beyond what with customer service product quality and the professional installation of our solar system thanks solar America for a great job Dave in California

Ethan lau
January 8th, 2018 DETAILS

Great company! Got a free year of solar & my bill is less then before...... what more can I ask for

amir singh
January 8th, 2018 Lagunitas, CA DETAILS

Jonathan you're the man! You made the numbers make perfect sense for me. The other company/guy who came out was a joke.

Zhang Chen
January 8th, 2018 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS

Best company on bestcompany.com for solar. Can't say how much Francisco helped us out. We were turned down by other solar companies because they couldn't finance us. Finally Solar in America got us solar! Thank you so much,youve made my day!

chandra minish
January 8th, 2018 Manteca, CA DETAILS

My husband got many quotes. Finally decided to go with solar in america. They installed fast and were super easy to deal with.

Terri
January 3rd, 2018 Hercules, CA

I did not buy from Carl @ Solar in America. They did, however, educate me on solar and explain how my it wouldn't make sense to go solar because of the discounts I get with my utility company and my low usage. Very helpful & informative.

Julian
December 18th, 2017 Union City, CA

Solar in America good company after the initial visit with the salesperson I did review on the products and are excellent what they use American-made panels, I was really impressed with their knowledge of solar and the way they explained it to me they came over to my house and explain everything really well to me and my wife I did not buy solar on the first visit but I call him back and I ended up going with Solar in America......

Lucas
December 18th, 2017 Manteca, CA DETAILS

We had Solar in America out to our home for a Solar consultation and our initial skepticism was quickly turned around into excitement. We decided to pull the trigger and move forward with solar. We are saving money every month and aren't nervous about opening that pesky PG&E bill anymore. It's rare that you get exactly what is advertised but with the Solar, I feel we did. The installers were great, the savings are what were promised, and even after the install, our questions have been answered promptly. If you are on the fence if this is the right thing for you, I can't stress how happy we are. Thanks.

Kerri
December 15th, 2017 Lodi, CA DETAILS

I had gotten several quotes before meeting with Solar in America. Francisco met with us on a Sunday (we couldn't find another company that would meet on Sundays). He cleared up a lot of confusion in regards to what the other companies had told me. We felt comfortable moving forward and are so glad we decided to do so. They weren't the cheapest company, but cheap does not equal good. With their warranties and their experience, we felt them to be the best fit. We had a neighbor choose one of the "cheaper" companies, and after 6 months, they are still waiting.

Ronnie
December 15th, 2017 San Ramon, CA DETAILS

they did the solar for me at 3 separate locations, they completed one,then another and finally my commercial property. good quality work.

Nathan
December 15th, 2017 Pleasanton, CA DETAILS

I was referred to Solar in America by a coworker and had a good experience. They had a special going at the time and they paid for one whole year of my solar payments. No electricity bill for a whole year and a lower payment than Pacific Gas and Extortion...no brained for me. Very happy with the whole process.

Archie Johnson
December 15th, 2017 Fremont, CA DETAILS

Ok let's see where do I start I think it's important to say that I was wrong when I thought all solar companies are the same... just trying to sell their product and make profits. I finally came across a company that set the highest standards and stood behind them through out the purchase,installation and completion process ..I'm proud to say my home is finally solar powered and I'm so glad I waited to get it done by the rite company..I highly recommend solar in America and the highgly trained solar specialists.

Luis Luna
December 14th, 2017 Redding, CA DETAILS

End of 2016 I had gotten a few quotes to compare companies products, services, etc... SolarinAmerica had the best offer. Price was more than fair as I am now paying less for my electricity than I was with PG&E. On top of that they gave me the first year for free!!! My only regret is I didn't find them earlier.

dean phils
December 13th, 2017 Tracy, CA DETAILS

Great company. Helped reduce my bills greatly - I'm so happy. Said they would help my brother in Texas save $$$ too! A++++++ all the way

Mary H
December 12th, 2017 DETAILS

Jonathan was very much a straight shooter and went over every detail from A-Z. I highly recommend Solar In America.

Judith Fowler
December 12th, 2017 Willits, CA DETAILS

Mr. Shah was very kind and responsible in explaining the solar process from start to finish. He also answered all my questions and was available to me as needed throughout the solar process. I highly recommend Solar In America. Thanks