Founded in 2012, Solar in America is a solar provider with a passion for assisting others; since its inception, the renewable energy company has helped thousands of people receive quality solar quotes and installations.

Solar in America's goal is to contribute to a healthier future for the environment through clean energy while giving customers the opportunity to save as much money as possible with a solar PV system. The company provides a money-back energy performance guarantee, as well as warrants all of its roofing work.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • System Monitoring
  • Emphasis on Customer Service
  • Moving Options
  • Extensive Availability
  • Additional Services

High Quality Equipment

Solar in America offers some of the best solar equipment currently available on the market, including SunPower solar panels with exceptional module efficiency ratings and SolarEdge inverters.

For its solar systems, Solar in America only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, Canada, China, and the United States. In addition to SunPower panels, the company also offers products from Hanwha, LG, Trina, and SolarWorld. Both rooftop and ground mount systems are available, and each system is custom designed by one of Solar in America's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Variety of Payment Options

When it comes to payment options, Solar in America provides customers when several ways to fund a solar energy system. The company offers outright purchases, loans, PACE financing, leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs) with terms ranging from 5 to 25 years, which means that customers have the ability to choose the option that best fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Solar in America offers some of the longest warranties in the solar industry, including a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor. Not all solar companies in the industry offer such lengthy, comprehensive warranties.

System Monitoring

Each solar system installed by Solar in America comes with around-the-clock online monitoring, which means that customers can check up on their system's performance and ensure that everything is working as it should be from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Emphasis on Customer Service

Solar in America strives to provide an exceptional customer experience and regularly checks in with its customers to update them on how their solar project is coming along.

Additionally, the clean energy company will take care of all necessary paperwork and permitting to make the installation process as simple and hassle-free as possible for the customer, as well as ensure that the customer receives all of the tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are eligible for.

If a customer runs into any problems or inconveniences, Solar in America will work to settle them as quickly as possible.

Moving Options

Solar in America presents its customers with a variety of options in the event that they need to move before their solar loan is paid off or their lease is up.

The homeowner can either choose to transfer the solar PV system to the new homeowner, who will then take over any remaining payments, or take the system with them to their new residence. However, there is a fee to move the system, which covers the removal, transfer, and re-installation of the solar panels. Additionally, if a customer chooses to move their solar photovoltaic system, they'll need to stay within the same utility for net metering purposes and cannot downsize their system.

For solar power systems that are owned outright, the house will likely sell at a premium and the remainder of the warranties will transfer to the new homeowner.

Extensive Availability

While most solar companies operate in a small service area, Solar in America offers solar systems in several states across the country. Currently, homeowners in the following states have the ability to work with Solar in America:

• Arizona
  • Minnesota
  • New Jersey
  • Texas

Additional Services

In addition to solar energy systems, Solar in America also provides roofing services and solar attic fans.

If a customer needs to have their roof replaced before having solar panels installed, Solar in America is a licensed roofing contractor and can take care of everything on its own, making the process smooth and simple for the customer.

A solar attic fan will neutralize moisture and drive out heat, which lowers HVAC costs and keeps the home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

The Bad

Relatively Basic Website

Solar in America's website is quite basic. Although the company's site does contain bits and pieces of helpful information here and there, it's not the most insightful resource and does not offer a blog section to educate potential customers about solar energy.

The Bottom Line

Solar in America offers a variety of attractive features, including high quality equipment, a variety of payment options, lengthy warranties, and solar system monitoring. The company currently offers its services in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, and Texas.

Barmal
February 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Solar in America is all about customer experience and being true to their mission statement. Quality and service by pros. If you are in the market for renewable energy then solar in america is one of the companies that needs your attention.

Jason Harris
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Terrific installation job. Took care of any and all debris. No mess left behind. Everything as promised. No disappointments at all

Tammi C.
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Sam and Carl did a great job! Sam, came to my home and explained solar and made the entire easy to understand. Everything turned out exactly the way we thought!

Bashir A.
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Carl gets 5 stars in my book. He explained the entire process from start to finish. He helped us to weatherize our home to lower our electricity usage and then put together a solar panel system to fit my family needs. I highly recommend Solar in America.

Chris Chatham
January 25th, 2019 Nampa, ID

Paul was an awesome non-pushy salesman and very informative. I’m hoping to see great savings when it gets installed.

Amanda Thomas
January 22nd, 2019 El Dorado Hills, CA

We are so pleased with Joe and Carl. Very professional and explained everything we needed to know. We are confident we picked the best solar company and so happy we went with Solar in America.

Chuck Holden
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

After the high pressure sales pitch with insufficient information from the "representative" from BRS, it was like a breath of fresh air dealing with the Paul G from Solar in America, who was both knowledgeable and personable. He kindly spent as much time as was necessary to explain all of the options, the terms and the installation procedures available to meet my specific needs and understanding. I would recommend Paul G and Solar in America to anyone interested in converting over to solar power source for their home or business. From start to finish, Paul was thorough, customer receptive, and easily answered any and all questions and concerns, adapting his company's options to my specific needs. A satisfied customer, Chuck Holden

James L
January 22nd, 2019 Fremont, CA DETAILS

Jamie and Carl were wonderful throughout the entire installation. Jamie explained everything to me and Carl's installation crew took care of everything without a hiccup! I highly recommend.

David
December 31st, 2018 Edgewater, NJ DETAILS

Solar in America was great to work with; professional, courteous, and communicative throughout the entire process. We had to change things a little after signing up, but that was not an issue. The installation team was phenomenal, and the people at the home office were with me every step of the way.

Tim Steger
December 30th, 2018 DETAILS

They have done what they say they would do and in the time frame promised.

Noah Bard
December 26th, 2018 DETAILS

They have been easy to contact and have done what they promised.

W. McCanless
December 21st, 2018 Boone, CO

JC was awesome and very helpful in getting me the information I wanted

Nick M
December 19th, 2018 North Weymouth, MA

I was contacted by Carl L immediately after calling, Carl is very professional and his knowledge exceeds the other companies I have met with 6 total. I highly recommend this Company and Carls services!

Julia M
December 19th, 2018 Aurora, CO

The entire process was simple and easy to follow.

James
December 18th, 2018 Boone, CO DETAILS

Friendly and well-educated staff. Awesome product and service and I am looking forward to my Solar Installation and the $avings!!

Raul Santos
December 18th, 2018 San Jose, CA

Everything started fine. Prices were good. Carl L and Sam R were both great. Very knowledgeable. We would recommend Solar in America. We have been very happy with our experience with this company.

Michael A.
December 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Carlos did a wonderful job explaining solar and all of its benefits to me and my wife Abigail. He went over the installation process, financing in a clear and simple way.

Ward Pyles
November 27th, 2018 Nampa, ID

Paul met with us and presented the information about Solar in American. He was very knowledgeable. We will be getting a new roof and solar system as a result.

Linda Chhay
November 27th, 2018 Dracut, MA DETAILS

From the start I had a very great experience with Solar in America. I contacted a lot of other companies regarding going Solar, and Carl L from Solar in America was the most informative. I felt like he was looking out for my best interest. For a period of over 10 days I did research on PPA vs buying, and Carl helped me out a lot. He informed me about all the tax credits I could get along with the smart program, and offered a year free with the rebate from Solar in America, no other company offers to pay for your first year like this. I've contacted the top ones like Sun Run, Zenernet, Sungevity, Vivent, etc. The first one was Vivent and they failed to tell me about the yearly escalator. I said to wait on the credit check and the sales rep just does it right then and there. My boyfriend's credit took a hit of 2 points because of this. If you go with PPA most company have a yearly escalator, so look out for this. Solar in America have the lowest yearly escalator. Companies like Sungevity and Vivent are higher. I needed to get roofing done too, and Carl gave me the best price on the solar and roof combo. There was one company that wanted to give me just the solar panels for the price of what Solar in America was giving me in solar panel and roof together! I hung up and never called back. I'm able to get tax credit on the roof too. He made sure that my warranty will not only cover materials, but the labor aspect of the system also. In fact, he offered the best roofing warranty, the extended plantinum one. I also get the solar edge inverter which is one of the best in the business along with 25 year warranty. Most company will give about 10 to 20 never 25 years for the inverter because it's costly and tends to go before the panels will ever go. Carl outbid all of the other companies, and I've talked to many including Sungevity, Zernet, Vivent, and Sun Run. He was also the fastest in responding. Some of the other top companies took a long time to get back to me on quotes or they had to come out again for roofing estimates. He ensured me a price and said that it could be lower. Carl knows his product. Not just the panels but the roofing and the warranty too. Most of the other companies only know one product like just the solar panels the warranty for it. Carl knows his information in and out, and unlike other companies he gave me the best possible incentives from the smart program. They missed that I'm low income. He took that into consideration, and knew how to get me more money from the smart program. The other companies overlooked this. Carl doesn't overlook anything. He knows how to put things into perspective so you can see the whole picture better with the different options with going Solar. He offered a way to pay the loan in 6.9 years with the tax credit, smart program, and companies rebate bonus. He is just very knowledgeable about solar. I very much was really stressed out to the point of almost crying dealing with some of the other companies like Sungevity. They were high pressured. Assured me it's okay to sign a contract without the roofing, but their loan product wasn't good because we couldn't get the loan they had. My boyfriend has a credit of 750 which is excellent, but they tried to get us to do the cash option. I said I wasn't sure about it. Patrick had me sign papers anyway saying I can cancel if there are any issues. When I did have issues with the ridiculously high price, he sent me a nasty message. I've read on yelp that he does this to other people too. Patrick S, look him up. I recommend you stay away. He told me that he's giving me commercial price, but his commercial price is higher than Solar in America's regular price for a lesser product. Also they used deceptive practice like putting a different solar panel on the contract and then trying to lie that it's abbreviated. I did many research so I knew only G5 of the q-cells are q.peak duos, not the G4. Sungevity will also lie and say that their panels won best panel in Germany for three years. I did research and their panels won awards for 3 years, but it wasn't the best. The Q-cells are also not better than LG and Sun Power as he claimed. When I mentioned this he said I can give you those panels, but it would be more. Carl never made me feel pressured. He didn't guilt trip me into buying his product. Patrick from Sungevity tried to say that he invested a lot of time into me and answered all my questions, Carl did above and beyond that, but he never used deceptive or high pressure tactics. All he did was try to meet my expectations, which he did. Sungevity tried to say they are the number one company and can beat everyone's prices. They claim they use Solar Edge inverters which are better than other companies. Well Solar in America does too with a better, longer warranty that includes labor and a lower price! I highly recommend Solar in America and Carl L if you want to be treated well and not lied to. They will definitely work with you without making you feel stressed out or guilt trip you.

Patty P
October 5th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I am very happy with my experience with SIA. I was explained the solar process from start to finish. And, the best part was every was handled and installed without a glitch.

Cloak
August 31st, 2018 Ringoes, NJ

They never contacted me via email or telephone. I only gave 1 star because you have to.

Aug 31, 2018

You are confusing us Solar America or Solar 4 America. We have not received a request from you. Please give me a call @800 781 4460 or email [email protected]

Sair
August 16th, 2018 Flushing, NY DETAILS

Just bought solar from them! Great company. Easy to deal with and good pricing. My roi is good and saving $$$ from day 1. Thank you

Brad
August 16th, 2018 Hicksville, NY DETAILS

The customer service reps were very friendly, very helpful, and proactive. They are willing to quickly resolve any problem and are always ready to help. Financing option were satisfying and provided a good value. I was provided many options to finance. Their options can fit anybody’s situation. Overall, the company provided a good value taking into account the service they provided and the cost. I am very satisfied and pleased with Solar in america. Already referred a family member

Brenda English
August 13th, 2018 Reseda, CA

This experience was all new to us. Carl, our representative answered our questions and made himself available at all times.

Jamie P
August 13th, 2018 Emeryville, CA DETAILS

Carl L helped me out from start to finish. He gave me multiple options and answered all my questions. He even helped me figure out another competitors proposal and financing options. I’m glad I chose Solar in America. Everything went as scheduled with installation.

LOU Van Der Ree
August 10th, 2018 Petaluma, CA

I have not had installation yet but I can comment on the customer service. We tried to work with several other companies- we went through quite a lot actually as they all fell short in customer service. This is a huge long term investment and customer service was a top priority. The other companies started strong and petered out just before the most important time of install. Lots of reasons, some legit but non the less, they fell short and we dropped them. I have worked with Carl as the sales rep and Erica as the project coordinator. Both are outstanding. Always courteous, responsive and patient with what we want or what we need. If Erica didn’t have an answer, in less than 15 minutes, Carl would call back with answers or explainations so we could discuss and come to a solution. Erica would give me timely updates and neither called too often. I am scheduled for install next week and am confident that this will go well. I will give another review after system in on line.

Timothy
August 9th, 2018 Kingsburg, CA

This company is great! Handle all your paperwork and keeps in contact with you often!

Elise Boyer
August 9th, 2018 Escondido, CA

Working with Carl L at Solar in America has been great. He was very patient with me as I shopped around for the best quote and quality panels. Anytime I had a question he answered it immediately. I’m at the point of inspection and feel confident that the remainder of this process will be smooth. My SDGE bill for the month of July was $570 so I can’t wait to have a bill for less than half that! Also Solar I’m America

Bruce Bailey
August 9th, 2018 Valley Springs, CA DETAILS

Fast and efficient although communication could be better with the contractor. Sales is in constant contact and is very helpful. Pricing is some of the best. Installation took one day and was very professional.

Mercedes M
August 8th, 2018 Emeryville, CA DETAILS

I’m so glad that I found Solar in America. Sam did a wonderful job explaining the solar process and the installation went well.

Kim M
August 8th, 2018 Berkeley, CA DETAILS

Carl, spent 4 1/2 hours explaining everything involved in solar from how solar works, financing, and installation. Thanks for everything!

Sumatra M
August 8th, 2018 Vallejo, CA DETAILS

Carl did a great job representing solar in America ... my home doesn’t qualify for solar but he did a great job.

Leah
August 8th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

We are very satisfied with our experience with Solar in America. Everyone throughout this process was kind and professional and gave us a thorough understanding of the product. Installation was easier than we expected and communication with the team was simple. They were quite helpful in answering our questions.

Monique N
August 7th, 2018 Oakland, CA DETAILS

It was a great job from start to finish. Great job Carl and crew.

Rosland Butler
August 7th, 2018 El Cerrito, CA DETAILS

They did a great a job. Start to Finish!

William Winhall
July 31st, 2018 Spring Valley, CA

Carl was informative, friendly and cooperative

Joann
July 31st, 2018 Montgomery, NY

I have been waiting to hear from the person who is installing my solar panels , it’s 2 weeks now and I have heard nothing,. I’m trying to get in touch with Carl but can’t . I’m getting frustrated. After going though everything I feel like they just don’t want to put my solar in.

Aug 13, 2018

We apologize for the delay. Due to your roof being metal corrugated we had to get the appropriately skilled installer for your home. The good thing is that we found them and are moving forward with permitting. We expect to have you installed by the end of month.

Young
June 26th, 2018 Lathrop, CA DETAILS

Never heard from agent again. Promised hes going to email proposal but did not.

Jun 27, 2018

It would seem that the email that was sent was returned. I will reach out to verify email and resend proposal. We apologize for the inconvenience.

DP
June 26th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

We requested a quote and they never called us

Jun 26, 2018

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please re-submit your information or give me a call at 800 781 4460 as this is our busy season. Yet, I am sure we will be able to get you the information your were requesting. Thanks

Titus
June 26th, 2018 Saratoga, CA DETAILS

got an eMail for Carl L promptly.. after a shot eMail, he just states my house is not a candidate for Solar without even looking further or inspecting my property

Jun 26, 2018

I was able to look at your home via satellite and that's where we found your home is surrounded by trees. And, due to shading issues would unsuitable for solar. Please check project sunroof or any similar site to verify.

Webber
June 25th, 2018 Jamaica, NY DETAILS

Wow Tim! Thank you. You helped us save over $100 a month by going solar. Can't say enough how much we appreciate you.

London Dikems
June 25th, 2018 Corona, NY DETAILS

SiA was very easy to deal with. They were right about their time frame & everything was easy. Already gave them one recommendation

Gabby
June 20th, 2018 Jackson Heights, NY DETAILS

They managed to get me solar at my place of business. Tried with another company, but they couldn't finance me. Did it again with solar in america and they pulled through and with a better deal!

Rick
June 20th, 2018 Flushing, NY DETAILS

Great company. Nobody is perfect and we did have a hick up, but they came through with their promise to make it right. That is what customer service is about.

Bob Widtfeldt
June 4th, 2018 Orange County, California DETAILS

great technicians, however operations is a little slow. They seem to try hard but everything seems to take a long time

Bola Oke
May 25th, 2018 Brentwood, CA DETAILS

We started off rocky because I was unable to get in contact with my rep, but once we were able to communicate, I was pleased with what Solar in America had to offer and I am happy to say that we've started the process of obtaining solar through them.

May 18, 2018

Regardless, of being unable to catch up with you earlier in the week, its wonderful that you stuck with us and received 3 possible quotes for your solar needs just this morning. We apologize for the delays.

Carl
May 15th, 2018 Riverside, CA DETAILS

Quote was supposed to be sent by Carl, never received.

May 15, 2018

The customer from Riverside, CA that requested a quote was contacted multiple time with no response. I will resend the quote via email and reach out to help. Please give us a call at 800 781 4460. Thanks

Eddie Guerrero
May 15th, 2018 Moreno Valley, CA DETAILS

Everything was going well, except when I asked the to come to my house and explain the contract they Canceled. They called and said that their morning appointments ran late and they were too far to make it to our appointment. They promised to show up the following weekend, but the never showed up and they didn't even called or nothing. We were ready to sign and to have the solar panels up in our roof. Their loss.

May 15, 2018

Unfortunately, we do not have a spanish speaking representative in your area to adequately explain the pro's and cons of a Prepaid Power Purchase Agreement or Lease proposal that you requested to you and your wife in person. We would not want to move forward with any person or family without adequately being able to explain the solar project and the process for going solar. We apologize that could not assist you.

Luis
May 14th, 2018 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

Great company with awesome service. Pricing is incredible and super affordable.

Fernando Hernandez
May 14th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

Good company thanks frank , good service best company

May 18, 2018