Solar in America

verified

Solar in America

verified
Solar in America offers several payment options

Founded in 2012, Solar in America is a solar provider with a passion for assisting others; since its inception, the renewable energy company has helped thousands of people receive quality solar quotes and installations.

Solar in America's goal is to contribute to a healthier future for the environment through clean energy while giving customers the opportunity to save as much money as possible with a solar PV system.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • System Monitoring
  • Emphasis on Customer Service
  • Moving Options
  • Extensive Availability
  • Additional Services

High Quality Equipment

Solar in America offers some of the best solar equipment currently available on the market, including SunPower solar panels with exceptional module efficiency ratings and SolarEdge inverters.

For its solar systems, Solar in America only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, Canada, China, and the United States. In addition to SunPower panels, the company also offers products from Hanwha, LG, Trina, and SolarWorld. Both rooftop and ground mount systems are available, and each system is custom designed by one of Solar in America's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Variety of Payment Options

When it comes to payment options, Solar in America provides customers when several ways to fund a solar energy system. The company offers outright purchases, loans, PACE financing, leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs), which means that customers have the ability to choose the option that best fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Solar in America offers some of the longest warranties in the solar industry, including a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor. Not all solar companies in the industry offer such lengthy, comprehensive warranties.

System Monitoring

Each solar system installed by Solar in America comes with around-the-clock online monitoring, which means that customers can check up on their system's performance and ensure that everything is working as it should be from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Emphasis on Customer Service

Solar in America strives to provide an exceptional customer experience and regularly checks in with its customers to update them on how their solar project is coming along.

Additionally, the clean energy company will take care of all necessary paperwork and permitting to make the installation process as simple and hassle-free as possible for the customer, as well as ensure that the customer receives all of the tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are eligible for.

If a customer runs into any problems or inconveniences, Solar in America will work to settle them as quickly as possible.

Moving Options

Solar in America presents its customers with a variety of options in the event that they need to move before their solar loan is paid off or their lease is up.

The homeowner can either choose to transfer the solar PV system to the new homeowner, who will then take over any remaining payments, or take the system with them to their new residence. However, there is a fee to move the system, which covers the removal, transfer, and re-installation of the solar panels. Additionally, if a customer chooses to move their solar photovoltaic system, they'll need to stay within the same utility for net metering purposes and cannot downsize their system.

For solar power systems that are owned outright, the house will likely sell at a premium and the remainder of the warranties will transfer to the new homeowner.

Extensive Availability

While most solar companies operate in a small service area, Solar in America offers solar systems in several states across the country. Currently, homeowners in the following states have the ability to work with Solar in America:

• Arizona
  • Vermont
  • Washington D.C.
  • Wyoming

Additional Services

In addition to solar energy systems, Solar in America also provides roofing services and solar attic fans.

If a customer needs to have their roof replaced before having solar panels installed, Solar in America is a licensed roofing contractor and can take care of everything on its own, making the process smooth and simple for the customer.

A solar attic fan will neutralize moisture and drive out heat, which lowers HVAC costs and keeps the home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

The Bad

Relatively Basic Website

Solar in America's website is quite basic. Although the company's site does contain bits and pieces of helpful information here and there, it's not the most insightful resource and does not offer a blog section to educate potential customers about solar energy.

The Bottom Line

Solar in America offers a variety of attractive features, including high quality equipment, a variety of payment options, lengthy warranties, and solar system monitoring. The company currently offers its services in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Washington D.C., and Wyoming.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar in America below.

Brad
August 16th, 2018 Hicksville, NY DETAILS

The customer service reps were very friendly, very helpful, and proactive. They are willing to quickly resolve any problem and are always ready to help. Financing option were satisfying and provided a good value. I was provided many options to finance. Their options can fit anybody’s situation. Overall, the company provided a good value taking into account the service they provided and the cost. I am very satisfied and pleased with Solar in america. Already referred a family member

Brenda English
August 13th, 2018 Reseda, CA

This experience was all new to us. Carl, our representative answered our questions and made himself available at all times.

Jamie P
August 13th, 2018 Emeryville, CA DETAILS

Carl L helped me out from start to finish. He gave me multiple options and answered all my questions. He even helped me figure out another competitors proposal and financing options. I’m glad I chose Solar in America. Everything went as scheduled with installation.

LOU Van Der Ree
August 10th, 2018 Petaluma, CA

I have not had installation yet but I can comment on the customer service. We tried to work with several other companies- we went through quite a lot actually as they all fell short in customer service. This is a huge long term investment and customer service was a top priority. The other companies started strong and petered out just before the most important time of install. Lots of reasons, some legit but non the less, they fell short and we dropped them. I have worked with Carl as the sales rep and Erica as the project coordinator. Both are outstanding. Always courteous, responsive and patient with what we want or what we need. If Erica didn’t have an answer, in less than 15 minutes, Carl would call back with answers or explainations so we could discuss and come to a solution. Erica would give me timely updates and neither called too often. I am scheduled for install next week and am confident that this will go well. I will give another review after system in on line.

Timothy
August 9th, 2018 Kingsburg, CA

This company is great! Handle all your paperwork and keeps in contact with you often!

Elise Boyer
August 9th, 2018 Escondido, CA

Working with Carl L at Solar in America has been great. He was very patient with me as I shopped around for the best quote and quality panels. Anytime I had a question he answered it immediately. I’m at the point of inspection and feel confident that the remainder of this process will be smooth. My SDGE bill for the month of July was $570 so I can’t wait to have a bill for less than half that! Also Solar I’m America

Bruce Bailey
August 9th, 2018 Valley Springs, CA DETAILS

Fast and efficient although communication could be better with the contractor. Sales is in constant contact and is very helpful. Pricing is some of the best. Installation took one day and was very professional.

Mercedes M
August 8th, 2018 Emeryville, CA DETAILS

I’m so glad that I found Solar in America. Sam did a wonderful job explaining the solar process and the installation went well.

Kim M
August 8th, 2018 Berkeley, CA DETAILS

Carl, spent 4 1/2 hours explaining everything involved in solar from how solar works, financing, and installation. Thanks for everything!

Sumatra M
August 8th, 2018 Vallejo, CA DETAILS

Carl did a great job representing solar in America ... my home doesn’t qualify for solar but he did a great job.

Leah
August 8th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

We are very satisfied with our experience with Solar in America. Everyone throughout this process was kind and professional and gave us a thorough understanding of the product. Installation was easier than we expected and communication with the team was simple. They were quite helpful in answering our questions.

Monique N
August 7th, 2018 Oakland, CA DETAILS

It was a great job from start to finish. Great job Carl and crew.

Rosland Butler
August 7th, 2018 El Cerrito, CA DETAILS

They did a great a job. Start to Finish!

William Winhall
July 31st, 2018 Spring Valley, CA

Carl was informative, friendly and cooperative

Joann
July 31st, 2018 Montgomery, NY

I have been waiting to hear from the person who is installing my solar panels , it’s 2 weeks now and I have heard nothing,. I’m trying to get in touch with Carl but can’t . I’m getting frustrated. After going though everything I feel like they just don’t want to put my solar in.

Aug 13, 2018

We apologize for the delay. Due to your roof being metal corrugated we had to get the appropriately skilled installer for your home. The good thing is that we found them and are moving forward with permitting. We expect to have you installed by the end of month.

Young
June 26th, 2018 Lathrop, CA DETAILS

Never heard from agent again. Promised hes going to email proposal but did not.

Jun 27, 2018

It would seem that the email that was sent was returned. I will reach out to verify email and resend proposal. We apologize for the inconvenience.

DP
June 26th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

We requested a quote and they never called us

Jun 26, 2018

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please re-submit your information or give me a call at 800 781 4460 as this is our busy season. Yet, I am sure we will be able to get you the information your were requesting. Thanks

Titus
June 26th, 2018 Saratoga, CA DETAILS

got an eMail for Carl L promptly.. after a shot eMail, he just states my house is not a candidate for Solar without even looking further or inspecting my property

Jun 26, 2018

I was able to look at your home via satellite and that's where we found your home is surrounded by trees. And, due to shading issues would unsuitable for solar. Please check project sunroof or any similar site to verify.

Webber
June 25th, 2018 Jamaica, NY DETAILS

Wow Tim! Thank you. You helped us save over $100 a month by going solar. Can't say enough how much we appreciate you.

London Dikems
June 25th, 2018 Corona, NY DETAILS

SiA was very easy to deal with. They were right about their time frame & everything was easy. Already gave them one recommendation

Gabby
June 20th, 2018 Jackson Heights, NY DETAILS

They managed to get me solar at my place of business. Tried with another company, but they couldn't finance me. Did it again with solar in america and they pulled through and with a better deal!

Rick
June 20th, 2018 Flushing, NY DETAILS

Great company. Nobody is perfect and we did have a hick up, but they came through with their promise to make it right. That is what customer service is about.

Bob Widtfeldt
June 4th, 2018 Orange County, California DETAILS

great technicians, however operations is a little slow. They seem to try hard but everything seems to take a long time

Bola Oke
May 25th, 2018 Brentwood, CA DETAILS

We started off rocky because I was unable to get in contact with my rep, but once we were able to communicate, I was pleased with what Solar in America had to offer and I am happy to say that we've started the process of obtaining solar through them.

May 18, 2018

Regardless, of being unable to catch up with you earlier in the week, its wonderful that you stuck with us and received 3 possible quotes for your solar needs just this morning. We apologize for the delays.

Carl
May 15th, 2018 Riverside, CA DETAILS

Quote was supposed to be sent by Carl, never received.

May 15, 2018

The customer from Riverside, CA that requested a quote was contacted multiple time with no response. I will resend the quote via email and reach out to help. Please give us a call at 800 781 4460. Thanks

Eddie Guerrero
May 15th, 2018 Moreno Valley, CA DETAILS

Everything was going well, except when I asked the to come to my house and explain the contract they Canceled. They called and said that their morning appointments ran late and they were too far to make it to our appointment. They promised to show up the following weekend, but the never showed up and they didn't even called or nothing. We were ready to sign and to have the solar panels up in our roof. Their loss.

May 15, 2018

Unfortunately, we do not have a spanish speaking representative in your area to adequately explain the pro's and cons of a Prepaid Power Purchase Agreement or Lease proposal that you requested to you and your wife in person. We would not want to move forward with any person or family without adequately being able to explain the solar project and the process for going solar. We apologize that could not assist you.

Luis
May 14th, 2018 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

Great company with awesome service. Pricing is incredible and super affordable.

Fernando Hernandez
May 14th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

Good company thanks frank , good service best company

May 18, 2018

Aaron Ruiz
May 11th, 2018 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

Great comapny with very incredible prices. Highly recommend them, love their customer service .

Richard E.
May 7th, 2018 Whittier, CA DETAILS

This is a great company. They broke down the simplicity of solar for me. Then gave me more than one quote for their products. Only company which would do so for both premium & economic panels. Others just try to funnel you jntk what they want. Solar in America has good prices and great customer service. Definitely worth every penny.

Rebecca Miller
May 7th, 2018 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

Solar in America is the full package. From the very beginning of our search for a solar company to install a system on our home, SiA was by far the best and easiest to work with. They presented their system and gave us the time to make the decision. They were never pushy and always available to answer our many questions. We wanted a system that gave us maximum power generation but didn't want the front of our house covered in panels. SiA designed the perfect system for our home. Once we signed up with them the installation began within a couple of weeks. The installation went smooth and with no surprises. I highly recommend doing business with Solar in America.

Felicia Stoupher
April 30th, 2018 Manteca, CA DETAILS

Bought American made Sunpower (best brand in the industry) solar panels from them. They gave me a great price, Same as others were trying to sell the Chinese stuff. Kept to their promises on everything & offered more guarantees (only one with install guarantee) plus better warranties than others. Best solar company out there. Thank you Solar in America

Cary
April 23rd, 2018 Chico, CA DETAILS

The company is thorough and educated consumer on all possibilities. Carl L. was pleasant, responsive and efficient.

Never called?
April 16th, 2018 Lorain, OH DETAILS

Never left a message for me if they even did call

Apr 19, 2018

At the current time we do not service the State of Ohio. I do not have any information from a person in Lorain, Ohio to call back. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding. --Carl

Don't waste your time
April 16th, 2018 Crescent City, CA DETAILS

They lled and said they would work on a quote and call back, but no call back

Apr 19, 2018

This response is reckless and disturbing as we have only received one request from a person in Crescent City, CA in the last six months and this person has not answered his phone or has a unverifiable phone number. If you are that person please give us a call at 800 781 4460. Otherwise, this statement is completely untrue. --Carl Lee

April 9th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

I spoke with them about getting a consultation, but no one ever called me back.

Apr 09, 2018

Please give us a call at 800 781 4460. Or, please give me your name I will call you immediately. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks

Nani Ruiz
March 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

Loved the information they provided me with and they have really affordable prices. Thank you solar in America !!!!!

Lizette
March 9th, 2018 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

They gave me more solar panels than the competition as a result . I have seen a tremendous decrease in my eléctricas bill. I have another reason to smile on sunny days. Thanks Solar In América Thanks Frank.

Rudy
March 9th, 2018 Fremont, CA DETAILS

Frank, was very knowledgeable in the product, he had all my questions answer, no pressure sale I went with solar in America excellent company. also their fallow up was quick and on top of things

MARY K GODLEY
March 1st, 2018 Winston-Salem, NC

I sought information from Solar in America because I had noted their outstanding reviews and high rating. SO GLAD I did! Carl L. took time to listen to my concerns based on what had been presented to us by a sales representative from another solar company. Then he reviewed both what solar power was and how it worked in an understandable way. He was most patient with my learning curve and gave reasonable and rational input based on my individual circumstances. It was like talking to a friend rather than someone interested in selling me something. He really did care! Best of all, at the end of the conversation, I was able to make an educated decision! Thank you, Carl! I highly recommend connecting with Solar in America to anyone interested in solar power!

Steven Cruz
February 20th, 2018 Los Altos, CA DETAILS

Carl is a complete professional along with his team in their work and in communication. Never any surprises, they always give you the complete picture along with immediate steps in the process. Getting solar panels installed by them was probably one of the better decisions we have made. Completely satisfied and highly recommend.

Verna
February 16th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

I love Carl! He helped me every step of the way. I knew nothing about solar before. He explained everything slowly and comfortably for me. Then helped me from getting financed to updates and we even keep in touch now! Thank you soooooo much Carl.

Bashir Hashimi
February 16th, 2018 Tracy, CA DETAILS

We are located in a remote area. only found one company to come out but didn't like them. Found SIA and they were the better match i was looking for!

Sara Winstein
February 14th, 2018 San Mateo, CA DETAILS

This is the company everyone should work with. We loved dealing with them from A-Z. Took care of us better than any other company out there every step of the way. Great communication, just what we wanted!!!! Saving money also helped :)

Mike Servin
February 12th, 2018 Fremont, CA DETAILS

This company helped me go solar when other companies could not. We had bad credit and a lien on our house, but they got it done!! Love you guys at SiA!!!!

Jasmine
February 12th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

Had a consultation last week and was blown away by how much solar prices have come down since I last looked at this. It was an absolute no-brainer for me to do this. I'm very happy with my decision and will be referring my friends and family.

Em Bergman
February 9th, 2018 Clifton, VA DETAILS

We went solar through Solar in America. They did a great job. They came when they said they would. They answered all of our questions promptly. It all went smoothly and now we are basking in the sun with our meter running backwards.

Louis
February 9th, 2018 Clifton, VA DETAILS

Terrific experience. Professional, friendly, helpful staff. It was a very streamlined process and they showed up when they said they would and got it done on time. I'm so happy to have solar power!

Bill Romanski
February 8th, 2018 Santa Rosa, CA DETAILS

I bought a 26,535 watt system from them for my ranch. My average bill before going solar was over 10,000 a month because the utility company didn't have Mr on the agricultural rate plan! After going solar I'm playing less than half of that amount now!!! Thank you Jon for your great explanation on the numbers and all your help.

Michael Richard
February 7th, 2018 Tracy, CA DETAILS

I was referred to solar in America by a family member. Glad they did. Now I'm saving $50 a month on my electrical bill vs my utility company. Sweet!