Atlasta Solar Center

5.9

LAST UPDATED: July 4th, 2022

Atlasta Solar Center is a solar and solar thermal provider in the Western Slope of Colorado. The company was founded in 1979 and has been serving customers for more than 40 years. The company is a solar, solar thermal, and wind energy provider, meaning it has a wide variety of services in order to best capture nature’s energy. The company takes great care in its work and is a part of many excellent groups, including S-Energy and the Colorado Carbon Fund. The company is also a certified Panasonic Premium solar installer.

The Good

• Home and Business Solar Systems
  • Solar Thermal
  • Wind Energy
  • "Make it Right" Guarantee

Home and Business Solar Systems

Atlasta Solar Center offers solar systems for both residential and business locations. The company has over four decades of experience in each and is well qualified to find an affordable energy solution for any property.

Solar Thermal

Atlasta Solar Center also specializes in solar thermal systems. Solar thermal uses the sun’s energy to provide hot water in homes and businesses. This is a neat solar feature that is not typically offered by other solar companies. Atlasta Solar Center has been installing these systems for decades, with systems still running effectively after 35 years.

Wind Energy

Atlasta Solar Center is also an official wind energy installer. Although specializing in solar, the company can provide turbines to turn wind into usable energy for homes and businesses. For a residential and business solar company, this service is exceptionally rare. Customers who are interested in a variety of energy-saving options may benefit from requesting a free quote from Atlasta Solar Center.

"Make it Right" Guarantee

Atlasta Solar Center cares deeply about its customers and their experience. In order to communicate with customers and ensure they have a pleasant experience, Atlasta Solar Center offers a "make it right" guarantee. If customers are not 100 percent satisfied with their service, they can request it to be "made right" and Atlasta Solar Center will do everything possible to correct the problem.

Also, Atlasta Solar Center offers customers a five-year workmanship and service warranty for any defects that might be discovered in the system.

The Bad

• No Financing Details
  • Limited Area

No Financing Details

Atlasta Solar Center offers many solar options for customers in homes and businesses, however, it doesn’t provide specific details on how each plan is financed. The price for solar, solar thermal, and wind energy all heavily depend on the individual needs of the customer. However, in general, pricing payment plans should be available on the website, like loans, cash, or Power Purchase Agreements (PPA).

Limited Area

Atlasta Solar Center is currently only available in western Colorado.

The Bottom Line

Atlasta Solar Center is a well-established solar provider with more than 40 years in the industry. The company offers industry-leading 25-year warranties on its equipment — and these warranties can be verified given that the company has been in business for almost twice as long as its warranties.

The company, in addition to providing solar, is also an expert in solar thermal (water heating) and wind power energy. For customers truly wanting to make an impact in the world, you can be certain that Atlasta Solar Center will help you to switch to clean energy in any form.

On Atlasta Solar Center’s website, there is little information on the types of financing plans. Customers should be sure to investigate which plan is available to them when requesting a free analysis on a solar site. In all, choosing Atlasta Solar Center is a great option for customers living in the western Colorado region.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
Atlasta Solar Center

Atlasta Solar Center has been serving the Western Slope of Colorado for over 40 years. As the longest operating solar company on the Western Slope, we are dedicated to providing our customers with a quality experience while assisting them in transitioning over to a new energy-efficient lifestyle.

Our vision is one of businesses, homes, neighborhoods, communities, powered by the clean, sustainable energy of the sun at a cheaper cost.

Our goal is to supply homes with energy at a lower cost while promoting a cleaner earth. We help people become aware of their energy usage by locking in their cost of energy for any amount of years. By doing so, we save customers money and create a more energy conscientious community. Solar energy is the future of energy.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

bookmark

Featured Review

Karen Brennan Denver, CO

We enjoyed the service . We were kept up on progress of installation. The installers kept the area organized and clean and cleaned up the area after installation. This the second time we have used Atlasta Solar. We would never use any else.

Reply from Atlasta Solar Center

Hi Karen! 👋 Thank you for your repeat business. Customers like you are the reason we have been in business since 1979. Enjoy your sunny kWhs!

Dec. 9th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Steven Walker Fruita, CO

They are the best… Community involvement, environmental awareness, great staff and communication.

Reply from Atlasta Solar Center

Thank you for your business, Steven! We are fortunate to have the community that we do! Your commitment to clean energy does not go unnoticed.

Nov. 17th, 2021

Jeff & Elizabeth Montrose, CO

They were very available and provided updates. They were always on time and every time I called, they have been great. Atlasta showed up for the install and there was a team of people that knew exactly what they were doing. I had a few suggestions for them as far as how I would like it to be just so it looks better on the house and they were agreeable to that. The install was done a lot quicker than I expected. I haven't had any issues with the equipment and it seems like they installed good products. For the price quote, it seems like they're on the leading edge of technology as far as the panels go. The mobile app is great to see how much energy you're generating vs how much you're using. The company noticed that there was an issue and they were pretty proactive after they noticed that there was an issue with my system. Then they dispatched out some guys to come and take a look at it and they were here for a couple of hours. It turned out to be some sort of monitoring device so now we would get better data on that online app.

Jordan Montrose, CO

I haven't had to use customer support since they installed it, but the few times that I did have to contact them during installation, they were very courteous and professional. They were a little booked out due to staffing issues, but they let me know if they have to push anything back. And then as far as the actual installation goes, the crew was rather very thorough and made sure I knew what was going.

Anonymous Grand Junction, CO

This is the top equipment on the market. I talked through everyting with some of the sales guys and they helped me figure out what I needed to get my system up and operational. They handled all the permitting and scheduling for me. After that, all I had to do was wait for the power company to tell me they were ready for my system to get going. They are really good at customer support, but sometimes they're busy and it takes a minute to get back to you.

Janet Delta, CO

They always call me back and do their best to answer my questions or take care of whatever I need as soon as possible. When they put in the first panels, it went smoothly. There was a bit of a question about where they would put up the equipment. I told them where I wanted it and they made it happen. I would suggest they try not to give customers an unrealistic installation date. And I know that's been difficult because of COVID.

Doug & Gail Montrose, CO

I have done research into it and it looks to me that Atlasta's equipment has high quality products. I haven't have any customer service support on anything yet, but everything has been working fine. Other than the weather, the installation went extremely well. We have a lot of cold and snow and the guy still came out anyway and waited a few hours for the snow to melt. Then he got up and put the system up.

Jay Grand Junction, CO

Top of the line equipment. They've been around for at least twenty years and use high end components for solar. I know there's a lot of second rate solar panels out there and atlasta has the best. They were so quick during the install, they were on the roof and they were off and gone. Every time I've called about troubleshooting or recalibrating the alignment series they've been out here that day or the next day, so they're on top of everything.

Joe & Katherine Palisade, CO

Everything looks good and I would have no issues so far. It is all working properly since they updated our electrical system to make sure it was up to code. It took a bit longer than expected, but I got a lot of stuff. They answered all of our questions and they updated us when there was a delay and they make sure everything works properly before finishing up the job

Bob & Deborah Grand Junction, CO

Things went excedingly well. They were very knowledgeable of what they were doing they came in and got right to the job and they were done in a day. They said they would be back around after all the panels got operational and I haven't seen anybody. They told me the brand they use and I did some internet research and found out that they were using top of the line equipment.

Stephen & Jo Whitewater, CO

We got an estimate over the phone an then soon after had someone come out to look and get an accurate estimate and a plan of where to put the panels. Because of dleays it took months to get the panels installed. Installation took one day and they cleaned up the mess. The next day the power company came out and did the inpection and turned it on. They offered financing so it was easy to get and easy to get approved.

Martin & Nancy Grand Junction, CO

Usually, they always answer the phone and get back to me quickly if I leave a message. They came out and surveyed the home. Gave me a accurate estimate for my location on timing and cost. When we got it scheduled, they were basically right on time. We haven't had it that long but the performance is working as expected.

F.

It was very simple and they explained in detail exactly what they were doing and when they would be doing it. I really appreciated it because I don't understand technical things. I'm really happy every month when my electric bill comes. They were a little cautious estimating when my bill would drop, and it dropped right away so I was pleased.

Duane Grand Junction, CO

They showed up, put the equipment on the roof, hooked up and showed me what he was doing and and everything. They said to be ready for it to be turned on and the next thing I knew excel energy had been out and it was turned on. Very light communication but there is nothing that that concerns me because I don't need anything more. I was satisfied with everything I would do it again.

Joleen & Travis Mack, CO

The individual we worked with just answered the phone if we had questions and he would actually answer them. The only downfall is that it took a really long line for the inspectors to complete their paperwork to actually get the system up and running. I don't think that has anything to do to Atlasta though

James Montrose, CO

It was about as smooth as it could be. They were actually waiting for me to get all of our ducks in a row with the electrical hookups and down payment. It was a sizeable project and this was one of the easiest components of the project as far.

Bonita Grand Junction, CO

Excellent job. They quoted us two months out for install and we got it within a month. We didn't have any issues whatsoever and no complaints. They took extra measures to make sure that we got all of the ugly cables inside and so there was nothing hanging outside of the roof.

Sheila Grand Junction, CO

They've been very quick to resolve any question or concern if I'm misunderstanding something. The customer service is great. Very quick and easy, I didn't have to do anything, they were able to get all the required materials.

Anonymous Grand Junction, CO

It's pretty good quality and is really easy to set up. The house was being built while it was installed so I wasn't around for that. I'm only saving like thirty dollars a month and electric for the last four or five months we have had it.

Celia Grand Junction, CO

They did a good job and I'm happy. The installation guys came out and they showed us on a map where the panels were gonna go and they put them up there. They've always taken care of us, they've been more than cordial. They did a nice neat job of installation and they made us happy all the way through.

Charlie Montrose, CO

It took a little longer to get the system up then we had hoped for and there was a problem with their trailer. They were good people to work with who followed through on what they said. They responded to telephone calls.

Lorelei & Tiburcio Grand Junction, CO

It's one of the best in the area. A quality company. It was all excellent they did a very good job. If we ever have any questions they're always immediately there to give us answers.

Anonymous Grand Junction, CO

They came when they said they were going to come and were very professional and did a nice installation job. They put the rack up on the the roof and put all the electronics in and then tidied up. It works great.

Lou Grand Junction, CO

It seems to be working just fine. It'd be nice if the salesman would come out and do a walk through with me but he hasn't done that yet. They had to do install twice because they installed the wrong panels the first time, but they came right out and switched them so it was fine.

Jason & Andrea Grand Junction, CO

There was some damage to my home during the installation that costed me and never should have happened, but Atlasta reimbursed me for it. The did have good customer service and answered my questions. Now I am just waiting for my final walk through to be scheduled.

Anonymous Grand Junction, CO

The service techs let me know what the website was going to look like and they were very helpful. They were very efficient. It's only been up for a few months and it's working wonderfully.

Johnnie Hotchkiss, CO

The installation process went well but timeliness was a real concern. The on board that comes with it is not working. Even before that, it would go out quite often and it was hard to get it to come back on. They just need to do stuff more on-time and when they say they're going to.

Anonymous Montrose, CO

I'm satisfied with their service. They installed the panels for us while the house was being built. I've used them before and decided to go with them again.

Jerry & Erin Montrose, CO

I have a very high quality set of panels up here. The installation of theose panels was uneventful, just like they had it planned and there were no big changes or anything.

Dave Clifton, CO

It's fully installed this up separation was working but I still need to get a the final walk through and follow up for the system. It's been quick and easy. Seems to be working appropriately.

Craig & Carrie Gunnison, CO

They were clean and they were efficient and got it done very quickly. I'm very very happy with the products so far. After a year it is good quality and nothing has fallen off. We just had a lot of delays.

Clark & Lori Montrose, CO

They've always answered my calls and I have been ready to help in anyway. It went very smooth and it was done in two days and we handled it with very little stress.

Ken Delta, CO

I've had a couple panels that needed repairing since installation, but I have had weather related problems out where I live. Everything went good when they put them up and also when they did the repairs.

Steve Clifton, CO

It has all gone very smooth, especially installation. The quality of the panels is is right up there. Sometimes it takes a long time for them to answer the phone.

Brian & Gail Grand Junction, CO

I feel they're trustworthy. It's all working as advertised since installation. They responded promptly in regard to the few requests that we did have.

Rocky DE Beque, CO

I would suggest no one has any dealings with Atlasta. I had to have another company come and straighten out what they did. And I had already paid to have it done right. Very negative experience. The installers did not know what they were doing and put the system up totally wrong. I would rate their customer service as 1 - the very lowest.

Tonya Grand Junction, CO

They just need better customer service as far as helping pay the bills. The install of the panels, however, went well.

Andy & Shirley Hotchkiss, CO

Everyone was very professional very polite and used good workmanship.They did a great job.

Tim & Lisa Grand Junction, CO

Installation of the solar panels went very smoothly. The equipment works.

Anonymous Grand Junction, CO

Customer support was very responsive to any questions that I had.

Andrew & Tammy Montrose, CO

The people that installed it were great, but the system is not putting out the wattage it was supposed to.

Robyn Clifton, CO

They follow through. Installation went well.

Mike Grand Junction, CO

It was quick and easy getting things lined up. The install was scheduled and completed. The only hiccup was that Xcel took a while to inspect and turn on the system. The system works great! Saves about $150 a month now. It will be even more when rates increase 12% at least, this year.

Reply from Atlasta Solar Center

Thank you for your business and feedback, Mike! Your cost of power is locked in now. Enjoy your sunny kWhs! 🌞

Dec. 2nd, 2021

April Marlow Eagle, CO

I wanted solar installed on my home and contacted Atlanta Solar for a quote. It was a seamless process as they work with Xcel Energy so I didn’t have to. Everything was explained and the timeline was accurate. I am very pleased with the outcome. I would recommend them if you are planning on getting solar panels.

Reply from Atlasta Solar Center

Hi April 👋! First and foremost, thank you for your business. Your commitment to clean energy does not go unnoticed! Let us know if and how we may be of further assistance in the future. Enjoy your sunny KWH's!

Oct. 14th, 2021

Ash Jordan Grand Junction, CO

Chris and the crew at Alasta Solar did an amazing job in helping us figure out the best system of solar panels for our needs. And, problems arose they were quick to find solutions and make things right.

Reply from Atlasta Solar Center

Thank you for your business, Ash! Unforeseen circumstances do come up and we appreciate your understanding! Enjoy your sunny kWhs!

Dec. 7th, 2021

Mark Verber Denver, CO

The initial walk through for the project was well done, timely quote and decent communication. Instillation was lacking knowledge, had issues installing and trouble shooting aspect of the electrical system. Little to no follow up when the job was finished and no walk through on how to use the new controller, installer just left the manufacture manual and was gone.

mark andrews Montrose, CO

We ordered our solar project and completed all paperwork including financing. Six months later nothing was completed except a site survey. Atlasta wanted six thousand more for a ground mounting of the solar panels. That is ridiculous and overcharging the customer. After we could not get commitment for installation timeframe, we tried to cancel the order. Atlasta overcharged us $1000 to cancel given their previous work on the project. Sales information was promising but configuration, pricing, and follow through are much to be desired.

Reply from Atlasta Solar Center

Thank you for your business, Mark!

Dec. 7th, 2021

Burl Jensen Grand Junction, CO

Very professional company and staff. Installers were great, took the time to explain things to us. Great company would highly recommend them.

Reply from Atlasta Solar Center

Hi Burl! 👋 Thank you for your business! Your commitment to clean energy does not go unnoticed!

Dec. 2nd, 2021

beth sass New Castle, CO

Good customer service. The installer had to make a change in the design and I get less sun on 2 of the panels that were moved. Not happy about that.

Dustin Grand Junction, CO

They failed to inform me that I would still be receiving a $30 per month service charge from the electric company, and did not sell a large enough system. I still pay $30-80 per month.