Allstate delivers over 16 million insurance policies across the United States and is one of the largest insurance companies in the nation. In addition to motorhome insurance, Allstate offers auto insurance, home insurance, life insurance, renters insurance, and several other policies.
- Basic Coverage Features
- Additional Coverage Options
Basic Coverage Features
Allstate provides all the basic coverage that will protect your RV in accidents:
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Collision and comprehensive coverage
- Medical payments coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist
Additional Coverage Options
In addition to its basic coverage, Allstate offers these options for customers:
- Towing and labor costs coverage to assist drivers when their vehicle breaks down
- Rental reimbursement coverage for comprehensive and collision claims that require the customers to rent another RV or car
- Contents coverage for RV owners’ personal effects
- Sound system coverage if your manufacturer-installed sound system needs repair
Allstate lists a few RV discounts on its website, two of which many RV insurance companies don’t deliver:
- Multi-policy discount to bundle multiple insurance policies through Allstate
- Transfer discount to cut your premium if you’re transferring your motorhome policy from another insurer
- 55 and Retired Discounts for drivers who are 55 and older and not employed full-time
- No Online Quote Customization
- Customer Complaints
No Online Quote Customization
To receive a motorhome quote, customers will have to speak with a local Allstate agent. Customers looking to customize their plan online or see if their motorhome even qualifies for a plan will be unable to do so before contacting an agent.
Previous Allstate customers have complained about slow claim filing and high rates. Most reviews, however, are positive.
The Bottom Line
If you already insure with Allstate, bundling your motorhome with a multi-policy discount would make sense for you. Allstate offers a decent range of discounts and customizable options, though not as wide a range as several other RV insurance companies. If you’re looking for an insurance policy unique to your motorhome, and if you want to compare rates online, you might want to look into another one of our RV insurance companies.